Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


151 to 200 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

"Can the wavy hand be used to bind the other three hands?" Air-Ryarg breathes at Germaine while he waits for the next statues.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/35 - AC: 20, FF: 19, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

"I don't believe so. I can not get it so so much as move a fraction of an inch, but I shall try." On next turn, I will see if I can pull the wavey hand away from the clock just enough to possibly catch another hand as it goes by.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
PS, I do have Read Magic, Tongues, and Comprehend Languages up, as well as Arcane Sight, if that matters at all.

"It seemeth as though this glyph is actually minute scribings rather than an actual glyph. Cleverly hidden."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Thanks, appreciate the P.S., since that does in fact matter.

You realize the arcane mark is actually very tiny script, in Skald. It reads:

A stitch in time saves nine,
But what loop will the witch queen heed?
In pointless slaughter
The Old Crone’s daughter
A hapless mob did lead.

Now she sits in tomb that’s frozen,
The traitors’ blood all spilled
Upon the path that she had chosen,
Enthroned with collar gild.

Ringed in steel, three loops times nine
Prized from the luckless seat,
Supplicants kneel, of porcelain fine,
The banished queen to meet.

It matters not who’s dared to come
The demon’s soul to claim,
The weak shall die, the strongest live
And forever more remain.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Also, you're unable to pull out the non-moving hand at all.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/35 - AC: 20, FF: 19, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

If I have time I will read it aloud as we are (sort of) in combat. Again, if I have time, I'd like write it down, for later use.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You will not have time to write it down before something interrupts, though you can start getting out your writing gear if you want.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

"Just how many of these statues are there?" Krokod inquires.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

There appear to be about 22 more statues on the track.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Maybe we can just bypass them?

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/35 - AC: 20, FF: 19, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Thats fine. give me another round to copy the riddle and lets check out the other buildings.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

bump

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/35 - AC: 20, FF: 19, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

I'm still here, too

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/35 - AC: 20, FF: 19, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

So what should we explore first? Honestly, I'm thinking that we will not really be able to do anything here for now anyway, might as well see what else this little frozen town (?) might have to offer.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK, let's get back to this and see if we can't have some high-level fun.

Saint Germaine is able to copy down the riddle and you all retreat back to where you came in.

Lefty, the overwhelming auras dominating the tomb mean you can't really find anything else of note with your magical search.

The icy village remains in front of you. Let me know how you want to search -- head into the center, work your way around the left side... This is one of those areas where I think going by the map doesn't work as well in PBP, so I'd say just try to give me a general impression of what you want to do.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Let's have a look around. Left to right. I'm thinking what we're after is somewhere behind all this, inside the caves. I can do some spotting, if you like.

Lefty's invisible and flying, so he'll fly up and over towards the center, looking for any tunnels or other signs of activity.

Dang, we're cool!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I'll have to post a map from home to give you a better idea of what houses you may want to check out more thoroughly, but in the meantime, Lefty can find the following.

Almost directly north of where you landed on the shelf, an alley-like cave has been cut through the ice between two of the tombs. It leads deeper into the ice to a stair that winds downward.

Sixty to 70 feet to the east, an elegantly sculpted ice fountain sits in the middle of a small square near the center of the necropolis, depicting a flock of winter geese as they take flight. A jet of water springs from the top of the fountain, tumbling down into the basin below. Miraculously, the water appears to remain unfrozen despite the frigid temperature.

Lefty, please give me a Perception check.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22


Raulzig cannot fly on his own, so he carefully treads towards the fountain, on the lookout for more objects of interest and hidden dangers.
Perception: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (11) + 34 = 45


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

That's more like it, Raulzig!

I forgot to cast message (160 minutes) before I flew up. So if it's OK, I'll retroactively take a round to do that before flying.

Spells: Invisibility (ring), Overland Flight, Message

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I'm going to say no, Lefty, but there's no reason you couldn't have done it mid-air at some point.

Map of what Lefty can see. Lots of doors to check out if you want or you can head straight toward the fountain.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Via message: There's a tunnel in the back towards the left, and a still-flowing fountain near the center. We should probably check some of these buildings and see if this place is inhabited or abandoned.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Thoughts? With the map, you can try any of the doorways, or head straight for the fountain.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As you move to the first cottage, you find the door seems to be sealed with ice.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

I'll cast detect magic, and if there's none, I'll look for any locks or traps.

Perc: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

We can chip at the ice or smash it with a hammer, depending.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

"Should I try to melt it with fire?" Firetongue inquires

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You don't find any locks or traps, nor any magic beyond what suffuses the entire falls.

The steps that Raulzig asked about lead up to a second story on the house (where a door waits, though it doesn't seem to be marked on the map, which is the same for all the stairs you can see. The tunnel, on the other hand, appears to go down.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

There are a lot of doors. Would they all be similarly covered in ice?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

From what you can see from your quick survey, yes


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

It looks like they're all like this. Any ideas? I'd rather not burn a bunch of magic. Let's see what's up with the fountain. There may be an easier way to do this.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Just to make sure it's clear, I'm assuming you haven't yet attempted to chip or smash the ice, as you mentioned earlier.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

I'll step aside and allow one of the stronger gentlefolk to give it a whack.


Apologies, all. I lost my dot with the downtime and didn't realize we had restarted.

If folks want ice smashed off doors, Ryarg can try to get Bern to do so, otherwise the bear and air elemental follow the others towards the flowing fountain.


Air Ryarg casts extended aninal griwth on Bern. He the attempts to sunder the ice-sealed door Lefty wants open, and get Bern to aid him.

Ryarg's attacks:
Attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (20) + 25 = 45
Attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32
Damage: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (7, 7) + 15 = 29
Damage: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (3, 3) + 15 = 21

Bern's attacks:
Bite: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Claw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
Claw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
Bite damage: 4d6 + 21 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 2) + 21 = 35
Claw damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (8, 5) + 21 = 34


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

That oughta break the ice. ba-da-boom.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Wow.

Ryarg and Bern make quick work of the door. On icy biers in the beautifully carved home are the frozen remains of three human warriors, clad in armor and with their weapons laid across their bodies


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Using arcane sight to look for dweomers.

perc: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37 (if needed)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

None beyond what suffuses the rest of the falls, Lefty.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/35 - AC: 20, FF: 19, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

I'm going to be on a 24 hour duty tomorrow, so may not be able to answer, but I wanted to post that I'm here and keeping up. Feel free to have me just heal or try to defend until Wednesday. Glad to be back, (sort of). :)


I only rolled for damage for the fun of it (and in case they had magical protections or were unusually strong doors). Suffice it to say, the two of them can annihilate any similar doors I'm the place that Lefty wants obliterated.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

It may well be that some incident froze this whole place at once. Let's check another door or 2, then inspect the fountain. Let me take a look in here for clues, real quick.

Lefty enters the room and searches for anything that would seem unusual in a long-frozen tomb-home. Taking 10 (30) to search for a few rounds. Any books, secret doors, what have you.

Who were these people, and what happened to them?


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

Krokod looks at the bodies and tries to determine any reasons religious to their state.

Knowledge Religion:1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Knowledge (history or local) 15:

The village is actually a style of necropolis common to peoples of the North many centuries ago -- an imitation of the ordinary life that the deceased had left behind. This one seems to be unique though in that it is composed entirely of ice. The ice tombs are sculpted in exquisite detail to mimic the cottages they represent.

Whoever these people were, it's likely they were honored warriors of some sort.

Lefty, you don't find anything of note beyond the bodies, though it appears the home is in fact carved from ice, not simply covered in ice.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

History: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Lefty will share what's under the spoiler.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Let's check out the fountain. I don't think we'll learn much disturbing the rest of the honored dead.

He'll fly close to the fountain, again checking for any dweomers beyond the norm for here, and whatever else may become apparent.

Percep: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39


Air-Ryarg follows Lefty to the fountain, growl-breathing at Bern not to drink any. You could swear that the bear rolls his eyes at him.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

An elegantly sculpted ice fountain sits in the middle of this small square at the center of the necropolis, depicting a flock of winter geese as they take flight. A jet of water springs from the top of the fountain, tumbling down into the basin below. Miraculously, the water remains unfrozen despite the frigid temperature.

Perception 22:

A giant, his limbs gnarled and corded with muscle, lurks in one of the alleys.

If you can read this, please give me a surprise round action.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

"It's lovely," Krokod admits aloud

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

percep: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

Spoiler:
If he's within 65 feet, I cast Scorching Ray. I see no reason to talk. Frost Giant, right?

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Dmg: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 2) + 2 = 15
4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 5) = 20
4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 5) = 13

Sneak attack if he can't see invisibility or is flat-footed: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 3) = 29

I don't know how you handle multiple attacks for this. This will make lefty visible until he reactivates his ring.

Lefty casts his spell, then says, We've got company! Giant! He points to where he just tossed the rays.


Ryarg auto passes.
Bern: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

I'm not certain what type of action taking whirlwind form is. If it's move or up, that's what he does, otherwise he takes that form and charges the giant (or moves towards him if charging can't happen. Either way, he calls out, "Bern! Guard Lefty!"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

Krokod is surprised, nods and starts to move that way. Muttering as he does so

Half move and shield of faith

151 to 200 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.