Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


101 to 150 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

"I believe the phrase is 'only one way to find out'" The Oracle states.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As you take to the air, you quickly pass over the camp in front of the waterfall, which you can see is a large affair. More than two dozen humanoids -- likely giants of some sort considering how large they look at this distance -- have tents set up, with almost as many wooly creatures that probably serve as mounts.

Spotting you, a number of them pick up large chunks of ice, tossing them gleefully in your direction. Most fall far short, but one does slam painfully into Ryarg. 21 hp

As you near, those of you with arcane sight see an overwhelming aura of transmutation and abjuration magic emanating from the frozen waterfall.

Finally, the trip to the ice shelf ends, and you all land, Bern glaring balefully at Ryag after the painful voyage. 33 hp (my read is that the whirlwind is going to cause damage if it's lifting him, but I'll listen to arguments against that ruling if you want)

A vast hollow opens in the face of the frozen waterfall, forming a high-ceilinged ice cave. Here, out of the same ubiquitous ice, has been constructed a traditional Irrisen village of multilevel cottages topped with steep, gabled roofs. Many are built directly into the jagged ice walls that form the cavelike hollow. The tinkling of water can be faintly heard above the moaning of the wind from somewhere in the cluster of buildings. Near you at the lip of the ice cliff stands a larger structure that appears to be surrounded by a ring of statues. Map coming in the morning, hopefully

Knowledge (local or history) DC 15:

The village is a style of necropolis common to peoples of the North many centuries ago -— an imitation of the ordinary life that the deceased had left behind.

The icy floor here is slick, making footing treacherous and even with your protective spells, you can feel the cold, your breath frosting immediately as you exhale.

Rules/mechanics for in the waterfall: Attempts to run or charge require a DC 15 Acrobatics check to avoid falling, though the tunnels and caverns were quarried out roughly enough that the usual ice movement penalties do not apply.

The interior of the waterfall is considered to be extreme cold (–25 degrees F), dealing 1d6 points of lethal damage per minute (no save). The extreme cold further requires a Fortitude save (DC 15, +1 per previous check) each minute, or it deals another 1d4 points of nonlethal damage and exposes the individual to frostbite and hypothermia (treat as fatigued). However, endure elements will negate these dangers, as will any amount of cold resistance, which I believe everyone has, though I do want to make sure that applies to Bern as well.

Dice rolls:

1d14 ⇒ 11

Bern -- 29
Krokod -- 26
Lefty -- 32
Ryarg -- 24
St. Germain -- 39

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 3
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 2
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 5
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 1
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 3
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 1
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 1
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Victim determination: 1d5 ⇒ 2
Rock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

4d8 + 16 ⇒ (1, 8, 3, 5) + 16 = 33


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Local 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

This village is a style of necropolis common to peoples of the North many centuries ago -— an imitation of the ordinary life that the deceased had left behind.

Taking 10 on acrobatics while dismounting.

Spellcraft to define the magics on the waterfall itself.

abj 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (12) + 29 = 41

trans 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (10) + 29 = 39


I have no arguments. I fully expected that to be the case, though you'd think there'd be the option for such creatures to safely carry friendlies. Also, Ryarg has a wand of endure elements, used on both himself and Bern. I mentioned earlier about crampons for everybody in the mundane group gear buy. Will they help?

Ryarg exits whirlwind form but still remains an air elemental for the time being. He hovers, a writhing mass of air. His voice is breathy. "Germaine, please tend to him. That was not a pleasant journey for him, though I was able to take the brunt of that ice chunk for him."


Raulzig gathers the phantom horses but does not dismiss them in case they will be needed again.
"The horses will wait for us here for about two and a half hours, should we have to retreat or move somewhere else. So, now that we're all here, should we begin exploring?"
Effortlessly balancing on ice, Raulzig approaches the statues surrounding the large structures and inspects them.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (8) + 26 = 34
Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Perception: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (18) + 34 = 52

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Only need Acrobatics checks if you're running or charging.

This structure resembles a large, two-story cottage with wide double doors at its front and rear. Above the southern doors is a giant clock face, ten feet in diameter. The clock bears strange, arcane symbols instead of traditional numbers and has four hands—one short, one long, one forked, and one wavy—that appear to be keeping time in no recognizable system. Rows of identical white marble statues depicting a bent old crone holding a scythe with a blade of dull-gray metal stand at the building’s base. These statues appear to be on railed tracks of ice that loop around the sides of the clock building, from one set of double doors to the set on the opposite side.

However, as you approach, it suddenly sounds with the peals of a giant bell and the statues begin to move. The south doors open and two statues emerge, sliding along their tracks. All of the statues slide one spot around in their revolution, and the north doors open for the two statues there to slide back inside the building.

Map Note the squares are 10 feet each, so you're still 30 feet away.


Raulzig's curiosity is piqued by the strange and monumental contraption.
He tries to decipher the arcane symbols and the meaning of the whole clock-like structure.
Can the Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic assist in this?
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (11) + 32 = 43
"It looks like it measures something. Was the waterfall imprisonment supposed to be eternal or temporary?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

"Time, as it floweth not. . . and a Darkness that moves."

Know History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

I'd also like to Aid Another with Latharien on the Spellcraft, rather than roll myself.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

And I will Channel Energy to Heal Bern and Ryarg. 9d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 3, 3, 3, 6, 2, 2) = 31

Tryin to avoid any scythes by at least a square, I will fly up 15 feet or so and try to study the clock's face, see if anything seems out of order or I can notice anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 <Darkvision, Arcane Sight, Read Magic, Comprehend Languages, Tongues>


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

Krokod stays near Raulzig. He is, to be honest, a bit in awe at the display. And I worried I had grown too jaded.


As the healing energies wash over the pair, most of Bern's bruises fade away, and the stray air currents escaping from Ryarg vanish. Bern snuffles at Germaine's hand, then, when the flying cleric takes off ti examine the click, ambles over to where he had last stood and waits, making it clear to all that he's now Germaine's animal companion.

Ryarg flies up, similarly keeping clear of the statues, examining their craftsmanship as best as he's able from the safe distance.
Perception (stonework): 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (9) + 30 = 39


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Freaky!
Using arcane sight to see what foul magic is afoot!

perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

spellcraft: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (10) + 29 = 39

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Whoops, I missed Lefty's earlier attempt at trying to figure out what magic was active on the waterfall, so earlier...

Lefty, you're not exactly sure what magics are active in the area. Some of them are more powerful than you've ever seen, making it hard to discern the multiple dweomers. You suspect they're primarily to keep it frozen, but suspect there are other spells as well.

Now
The clock radiates faint abjuration magic and strong conjuration (teleportation) magic.

However, before any of you are able to do any close examination of the clock, the southern doors snap shut and the two statues that emerged animate, stepping off the track and lifting their scythes. Ryarg, you notice that the others move slightly as well, though they don't seem to be preparing to attack.

Initiative:
Lefty: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Krokod: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Raulzig: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Ryarg (and Bern): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
St. Germaine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Statues: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Lefty and Krokod have higher initiatives than the statues, so will go first. Everyone is at least 30 feet away at this point, with Bern and Krokod -- who were staying back -- closer to 60.


What size of creatures do these statues count as?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Medium


Was the plan with combats to have everybody post in order or go early PCs, baddies, slow-pokes?


In that case...:
Since I'm heading off to bed and don't want to hold things up, I'll post Ryarg's action now under spoiler.

Ryarg assumes whirlwind form (which means no attacks of opportunity from moving) as his standard action and as his move action moves through the spaces of both statues. Each statue must make two DC 23 Reflex saves. If the first saves fail, they take: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (5, 8) + 15 = 28 (statue 1), 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 7) + 15 = 23 (statue 2) points of damage, and if either fails both saves, they are picked up by the whirlwind and held suspended, unable to escape unless they can fly. If he gets at least one of them, he'll continue his movement back out of the cave and over the edge of the waterfall, releasing the statue to fall.

stuff on whirlwind.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

Deciding Bern has suffered enough, Krokod moves closer to the bear and touches it, "I mean this in peace." A flash of fire hued light, and the bear finds itself protected.

casting Shield of Faith, +4 AC on Bern for 17 minutes
If he can also take a half move and get closer to the statues without being in melee with them yet, even better

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Round 1, Init 19

On my Turn, I will cast Divine Favor and advance a little bit so that I can move to combat next round.

I'm not on the map yet, so I don't know where I am or can move.

"This seem an ominous turn to things. I wonder if we will have to fight them all, and what seteth them off?"


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty will make a check. He's invisible, and curious about the statues' spell resistance. They're golems, right?

arcana: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (7) + 29 = 36

Haven't taken any actions just yet.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Knowledge (arcana) 26:

They are caryatid golems.

You recall from your studies that they're fairly tough, requiring adamantine weapons to truly damage them. Unfortunately, merely hitting them with a weapon has a chance to break the weapon.


Know(Arcana): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Not quite sure what he's dealing with, Raulzig intones several arcane words to protect himself. Suddenly, there are 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Raulzigs in his place, all shifting and blending into each other. Raulzig will remain 30ft. away from the golems and cast Mirror Image.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

If you don't have adamantine weapons, they can break or damage them! Magic can't affect them directly. I imagine more natural weapons do.

He glances at the whirlwind and the newly-healed bear of destruction, and calmy draws a rod from his sack and casts an extended shield on himself (32 min.). He's invisible, so he'll see how the first round goes...

AC 36, touch 22, flat-footed 29 (+8 armor, +5 deflection, +7 dex, +2 natural, +4 shield)
hp 129

shield, invis, cold res., prot cold. Gets complicated, huh? LOL


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

"I think this is an appropriate time for...what do you southlanders call it? 'Sarcasm'? Magic cannot affect it directly? WONDERFUL."


If you're waiting for Bern, I was holding off pending an adjudication of Ryarg's attempted pick-up moves before deciding anything.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Nope, was waiting for the last few people; strange, though, as it didn't show me they posted, but I guess I only got here a short time afterward, so no biggie. Now let's see how the first round of 17-th level combat goes in PBP...

Whoops, and I realized I mis-read Lefty's question earlier. They are indeed immune to magic. And sorry I missed putting you on the map, Germaine. Not an auspicious start on my end. : p

Round 1:

Raulzig: 21
St. Germaine: 19
Ryarg (and Bern): 16
Lefty:14
Krokod: 14
Statues:14

While your spells all successfully go off, as St. Germaine approaches, the clock seems to peal again, the doors opening and the statues beginning to move around the track.

Before anything else happens, though, Ryarg swirls into action toward the two animated status. Both of the things are scooped up by the winds, at which point the druid drops them over the edge of the cliff, dropping them hundreds of feet to the ground below.

However, as St. Germaine approaches

Dice rolls:

Statue 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Statue 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Statue 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Statue 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

OK, that round was a bit anti-climactic. : ) Just to make sure, the way I read it, you have 8 rounds of whirlwind form per each time you become an air elemental. This was the fifth round.

There are no current threats on the "board" but two statues are entering the northern doors and two more emerging from the southern side.

Map


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

LOL!

Vandalizing perfectly good statues! Dwarves have no respect for art, I tell you!

Lefty laughs, but it's not his turn, so that's it for the snark.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

Krokod grins, "I like how this goes so far." Then he sees more statues coming in, "Ah, it is never truly that easy is it?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Since it seems I may have "ativated" them, I will step back towards "Lefty" 2 squares and draw Reaver of Souls, my trusty Adamantine Bastard Sword at the ready. Otherwise, I just watch dispassionatly as the cyclone carries away the animated statues.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -2

Krokod pulls forth his own adamantine morning star, Spirit Striker and waits.


If we're ruling that he only has a set number of rounds of whirlwind form...

Ryarg drops out of whirlwind form, but hovers near where the next statues will appear, delaying until just after the statues' turn, so he can repeat the same trick again (hopefully).

Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40 +2 if related to stone


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty can't do much here. He'll keep looking around.

percep: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Just waiting, though not really sure what we are waiting on ha ha ha

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2:

Raulzig: 21
St. Germaine: 19
Ryarg (and Bern): 16
Lefty:14
Krokod: 14
Statues:14

As the rest of you step back, the two statues emerge from the north doors and Ryarg -- in elemental form -- sweeps across the front. He again scoops both up, flying out to deliver them onto the escarpment.

As he does so, he notices a message in Skald scratched in the ice before the double doors.

Dice rolls:

Statue 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Statue 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Statue 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Statue 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


"Can anyone read Skald?" Air-Ryarg breathes as he returns from his latest deposit.

Just out of curiosity, how far would it be to take the statues out above the giant camp (out of ice throwing range) and drop them onto the giants below?

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

"'Tis my native tongue", and Comprehend Languages and Tongues are Permanent.


"Then get over here and read this!"

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

I assumed I could read if from where ever I'm at, and just waiting on the DM, but St Germaine replaces his sword, having not used it so no need to clean it, and approaches where the Dwarf points, taking out an inkpen and some parchment, just in case it may need to be recalled later. Assuming I can read it "It states. . . "

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As you approach, the bell sounds again, the statues in the track starting to move.

You have time to get over there and read it, but just want to make sure that's what you want to do before I reveal the message.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Durn it! Burned my move!

Be wary, gentlefolk! More than these know we're here! I'm sure of it!

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)
motteditor wrote:

As you approach, the bell sounds again, the statues in the track starting to move.

You have time to get over there and read it, but just want to make sure that's what you want to do before I reveal the message.

I do. Are there more statues, or are the tracks just moving? I thoght that Mr. Gravemaker just got the last two?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

There are more statues, though none currently animate; will try to get a full post up later tonight.

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Just curious, how many more statues are there (or at least can we see)? I would also like to try to write down what I see before translating it, just in case it vanishes. I would like to take a copy for later reference, but will read it aloud once I have it written, so everyone can know what it says.

Also, just curious, is it possible to break the track in hopes of keeping the statues from animating. What i mean is, it seems like I am causing them to animate somehow, but does that appear to be a reasonable solution? Do the tracks hold any magic, for example?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Again, sorry about the delays.

Ryarg, the camp is about 300 feet out from the base of the falls, so getting there and back would be three full rounds.

There were 28 statues, so 24 remain. The tracks do not seem to hold any magic -- you think that part might be mechanical.

The note scratched in the ice reads "A stitch in time."

Let me know if anyone else wants to approach. You can each take an action, still, though more statues are starting to come out. Just to make clear, since it's been a little chaotic, no one's yet had a chance to really closely study the clock as Raulzig at least had wanted to.

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Round 3, Init: 19

Divine Favor, 7 rounds remaining.

In that case, I will not write it down and simpy translate, "It says simply, "A Stitch in Time".

I will go ahead and take flight to study the clock. I believe you said there where 4 clock hands, and one of them was wavey. If I can, I will attempt to touch and shift that hand a bit, just to see if it is diffrent somehow. If the DM's ok with it, and there is some sort of ledge, I can try to fly someone else up there too, or perhaps everyone, one-by-one. My flight movement is already reduced, but you should all be under my max weight carryiing capacity, with the possible exception of Bern.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

What do other people want to do this round? I'm assuming Ryarg will be ready to sweep the next set of statues off. There is no ledge on the clock.

St. Germaine with a DC 15 Int check or DC 22 Perception check:

You notice that while the long, short, and forked hands move at different speeds and in different directions, the wavy hand does not move at all and remains pointed at the arcane symbol where the “9” would be on a normal clock face.

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Int: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Silver Crusade

HP: 34/35 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +7, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +3 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 4 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Are there other arcane symbols rather than numbers?

Is it possible to attempt to force the hand to move?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The clock has no numbers, just arcane symbols. You can try it next round, but I want to wait and see what others are going to do first.


Correct. Ryarg is ready to sweep them off their feet. He'll just dump them over the edge, though the giant camp would have been fun.

"Destroy the mechanical tracks," he breathes while he waits for the statues.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As everyone else stands back, St. Germaine tries to move the hand, but finds he's unable. However, that close, he notices the symbol its pointing to is in fact composed of tiny, tightly graven script giving it its shape.

Need a DC 40 Perception check or a DC 25 Linguistics check to be able to make out what the script says, St. Germaine.

Ryarg sweeps the next two sets of statues off the ledge as they animate, leaving 22 more on the track.

Dice rolls:

Statue 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Statue 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Statue 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Statue 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

101 to 150 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.