Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Motteditor's Strange Aeons PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Dungeon map / Treasure tracker / Thrown splash weapon rules


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,636 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Round 2, Init 21

Tristain watches as the first ghoul fails to fall, then moves back 20' and let's looks with his mind's anger again.

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 force damage
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 CMB to trip vs. CMD (bless)

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 force damage
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14 CMB to trip vs. CMD (bless)

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 force damage
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22 CMB to trip vs. CMD (bless)

Bless (2/10): +1 to attacks and +1 to saves vs. fear.

Tris' stats:

HP: 13/13
AC: 12
Points: 2/4 left
Spells: Lvl 1: 3/5 left

Wand of Bless: 15/18 left

[ dice]1d20+0[/dice] to hit; ()
[ dice]1d8-1[/dice] piercing damage

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Tenebrynn: 14
Heinrich: 13
Albert: 12
Kyffin: 4
Tenebrynn: 14
Heinrich: 13
Albert: 12
Tristain: 21
Antagonist: 18

Kyffin chops at the ghoul, sword splashing dark undead blood across the floor, and then steps aside, leaving an opening that first Al and then Tenebrynn can't take advantage of. Tristain's mind seems to have the answer, though and he blasts the thing down, then blasts a second one, knocking it down.

Seeing the opening, Heinrich sprints across the open door and throws his dagger at the downed ghoul, onlt to see the blade go skittering across the floor. The creature snarls and leaps to its feet, rushing toward the door. Its compatriot gets there first though, and snaps at Kyffin, who again manages to avoid the sharp teeth.

Mechanics:

Dagger, bless, range: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 + 1 = 8
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Ghoul: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

G1: 11
G3:


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

Tenebrynn bobs and shifts and ducks, squirming to try and find a clear shot through the press of bodies at the ghouls beyond. Sighing as Al and Kyffin seem move in time with her, she snaps off a quick shot between the taller men's legs.
Air Blast: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 4 = 14for: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13

Status:

HP: 28/30
Nonlethal: 1
AC: 15 (13 T / 12 FF)
Fort: +6 // Ref: +6 // Will: +2 (+2 vs illusion)
Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
Burn Accrued: 1/6
SLAs: dancing lights [ ], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]

Ongoing Effects:
Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1
bless: +1 to hit, +1 vs fear


Spoiler:
HP 18/18; AC 15, T 12, T 13; F+3, R+5, W+3; CMD 16; Init +2, Perc+8

Heinrich steps back five feet from the ghoul-door and flings at bomb at the ghouls!

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10 fire damage and 5 splash, Reflex DC 13 for half splash! Miss direction: 1d8 ⇒ 6


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Round 3

Tristain puts away the wand of bless and watches the technicolor explosions and air bursts that now dominate the battlefield.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I believe you dropped the wand on the ground earlier, Tris.


AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, hp 25, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 18, Perception -1

Al levels another overhand chop at the new ghoul in the doorway...

Bardiche: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

...but continues to find the crowded space difficult to attack effectively.


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Tristain continues to delay, wishing he put his wand back.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kyffin swings and quickly steps back, letting Tenebrynn's blast and Heinrich's bomb finish off the two ghouls.

Looking around inside, you think you could scale the wall to get to the remaining stairs to the top of the tower. DC 10 Climb checks; you can take 10.


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

Round 2, Initiative: 4

Status:
HP: 27/27 AC: 17 (f16/t11)
Weapon Equipped = Scimitar
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/10
Conditions = Bless (2/10r)
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +3, (Power Attack -1) Damage: Str +3, (Power Attack +2)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +1 Damage: +0 (Str +3 thrown)
Blessings (4/4) (DC 13) (Holy Strike or Powerful Healer)
Fervor (2/3) (1d6)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/1
Spells (Caster Level 3, Concentration +5)
Once Per Day (12): Prestidigitation
Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

I don’t see any ghouls on the map, so I dunno if I’m next to one or not. If not, Kyffin will 5’ step or move to attack.

Kyffin lashes out at the undead beast, trying to finish it quickly, before he’s paralyzed again!
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12 (bless) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, it became a moot point with the other attacks, so I just handwaved your action. Combat's over.


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

Oh, shoot, sorry, didn't see your post!

Kyffin sheathes his scimitar, "Do you think there will be more above?" he thinks unhappy thoughts as he carefully scales the wall to the stairs.

take 10 climb: 10 + 2 = 12

Once back on the stairs, he draws his scimitar again, and prepares to go upward, when the others are ready.


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Tristain gets his wand as he keeps an eye out for more ghouls. When bends down, his longspear goes between the legs of Heinrich, tilted up at an awkward angle.

"I would think they would come down to join the fight if there were more. If they were hungry. If.," Tristain replies, keeping an eye above.

He watches Kyffin climb.

"Do we have any rope? I might need rope," Tristain looks at Al, but can't recall any rope around.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

Tenebrynn produces a ten foot length of chain from her magical bag and holds it up for Tristain's evaluation. "We have this. Will this do?"

Found it in Row 6 from the treasure tracker!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Broken windows look out across a sea of churning saffron fog. Inside, dusty crates of every size crowd the room.

As Kyffin ascends the stairs, he sees a humanoid figure that seems to be the source of a bank of unnaturally colored fog that obscures most of your view of him.


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Once Kyffin gives the all clear, Tristain will climb up. He will stop well short of the saffron fog that churns, readying his longspear.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Know (Religion) - figure [ooc](Or is there another appropriate knowledge check?)


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

Kyffin also examines the humanoid. Is he alert?

He draws his blade and advances slowly, uncertain about the fog...

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, hp 25, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 18, Perception -1

Albert climbs up slowly after the others, his old man joints protesting the activity.

also take 10 on the climb for a 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

It's hard to tell if the humanoid is alert, as he's surrounded by a cloud of yellow fog that makes it hard to see him. That said, it seems similar to the administrator you killed the previous day.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

Airblast Jump: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40 x2 = 80 (That's enough for a 20 ft vertical leap. If that's not high enough, I can take a point of burn to double it again for a vertical leap of 40ft.)

After Tristain ignores her offer of the chain as a stand in for the rope he wanted, Tenebrynn shrugs and returns it to the bag. Then, while the others clamber up the broken wall to the stairs above, the little gnome sighs lightly then leaps straight up to the ledge, landing softly.

Status:

HP: 28/30
Nonlethal: 1
AC: 15 (13 T / 12 FF)
Fort: +6 // Ref: +6 // Will: +2 (+2 vs illusion)
Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
Burn Accrued: 1/6
SLAs: dancing lights [ ], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]

Ongoing Effects:
Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1


AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, hp 25, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 18, Perception -1

Albert sniffs for the presence of evil and then advances with Kyffin, slow and wary of the fog.

detect evil on the humanoid shape in the fog, then move forward with Kyffin while continuing to concentrate


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

With others joining him, Kyffin boldly walks nearer to the man and tries to get his attention, "Hey there, uh, how are you feeling? You look a little yellow..."

He still has his scimitar out, but he tries to hold it down, as un-menacingly as he can manage.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The creature doesn't respond. How close are people moving?

Al doesn't smell any evil.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

"This is like the last one, right? No solution but to put the fog-maker out of their misery?" Just for good measure, with a clap of her hands, Tenebrynn sends a rushing funnel of wind washing over the figure, granting her allies a few moments clearer view of the subject at the heart of the fog.

Move 3 squares to the left then gust of wind

Status:

HP: 28/30
Nonlethal: 1
AC: 15 (13 T / 12 FF)
Fort: +6 // Ref: +6 // Will: +2 (+2 vs illusion)
Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
Burn Accrued: 1/6
SLAs: dancing lights [ ], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]

Ongoing Effects:
Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Tristain keeps his distance and thinks this fogger should be kilt like the last one: until it is dead dead.

He is ready to fight when others are.


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

Kyffin walks up to the creature and, if no one stops him, performs a coupe de grace.

damage: 2d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 10 + 2 = 20 (2hp is fire)


AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, hp 25, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 18, Perception -1

"Well, it ain't smelling evil, maybe it's just another victim of this..." Al stops mid sentence as Kyffin walks up and stabs the creature in the heart. "By the gods, boy, what the hell are you doing?! Don't let fear and hate guide you, that's the way to the dark side." Albert scowls at the half orc even as he readies his weapon should the creature return the attack.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Tenebrynn's breeze blows away the fog, but Kyffin's approach doesn't go unimpeded, and the creature slams its fists into him as he approaches. 11 hp

He lowers himself into a fighter's crouch, clearly ready to battle.

Initiative:

Albert: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Heinrich: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Kyffin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Tenebrynn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Tristain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Antagonist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Mechanics:

1d4 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Party is up.


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

Round 1, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 16/27 AC: 17 (f16/t11)
Weapon Equipped = Scimitar
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/10
Conditions = None
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +3, (Power Attack -1) Damage: Str +3, (Power Attack +2)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +1 Damage: +0 (Str +3 thrown)
Blessings (4/4) (DC 13) (Holy Strike or Powerful Healer)
Fervor (2/3) (1d6)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/1
Spells (Caster Level 3, Concentration +5)
Once Per Day (12): Prestidigitation
Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Kyffin reels from the impact of the blow and shouts at Albert, ”See?! This is no innocent!”

He responds in kind trying to strike the man down.
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

He considers casting a spell to back his play, but waits to see how the party does first. He hopes the strike was just a lucky blow…


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Uh, not sure those two hits hit. And if they were supposed to hit, one of them might have been a crit.

Round 1, Init 11

Tristain double moves around, trying to get behind the thing.

Double move south around the crates. 60' of movement.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Er, Tris is right. I can't tell the difference between flat-footed and touch AC. They bounced harmlessly off Kyffin's armor.


AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, hp 25, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 18, Perception -1

When the creature attacks Kyffin, Albert levels his bardiche and slashes as their assailant. "Dang fool, just plain crazy to attack a group of strangers like us, stand down!" Al yells at the humanoid.
move to: middle column, 4 rows down

Bardiche: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Sweet. Tristain is totally a heal bot.

Tristain tries to keep his spear in the air lest he get caught on a box or bundle and slow down his progress.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

"Not a person anymore, Al! No cure either, remember? Kill it quick!" Tenebrynn swings around to the north of the figure as she tries to remind Albert of this thing's nature.

Sliding to a stop, she snaps into a spinning kick and sends a churning ball of debris toward the fog-maker. The surrounding yellow mists whorl and spiral along in its wake, almost like ephemeral tentacles reaching out for something or someone to wrap around.

Air Blast: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9for: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16

Had moved 3 squares left prior to fight, now looking to swing to the north of the fog-maker

Status:

HP: 28/30
Nonlethal: 1
AC: 15 (13 T / 12 FF)
Fort: +6 // Ref: +6 // Will: +2 (+2 vs illusion)
Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
Burn Accrued: 1/6
SLAs: dancing lights [ ], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]

Ongoing Effects:
Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1


Spoiler:
HP 18/18; AC 15, T 12, T 13; F+3, R+5, W+3; CMD 16; Init +2, Perc+8

Heinrick breathes deeply and steps around the divider, drawing a bomb and flinging it at the spewing man.

Bomb!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 for 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11 fire damage and Miss direction?: 1d8 ⇒ 3.

Welp. That went wrong.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, guys, having a rough day so just quick 'n' dirty update.

Round 2:

Albert: 21
Heinrich: 22
Kyffin: 16
Tenebrynn: 6
Tristain: 11
Antagonist: 22

Al and Kyffin's blows draw blood, though Tenebrynn's blast of debris missing the creature. Worse, so does Heinrich's bomb, the flaming splash catching the creature but also Kyffin. 5 pts. fire damage; DC 14 Reflex for half

As the fog starts thickening again around the creature, it swings twice more at Kyffin, missing once and impacting harmlessly against his armor with the other fist.

Mechanics:

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

O: 16

Party is up


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Round 2, Init 11

Tristain double moves around the foe again, getting into position to maybe be of use next round. He readies his mighty longspear.

Double move to flank for Kyffin.


AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, hp 25, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 18, Perception -1

Albert remains behind Kyffin's shoulder and uses the reach of the bardiche to take advantage of Tristan's flanking. shift one square if needed to get flanking

Bardiche: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

Round 2, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 22/27 AC: 17 (f15/t11)
Weapon Equipped = Scimitar
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/10
Conditions = None
Melee: Attack: BAB +2, Str +3, (Power Attack -1) Damage: Str +3, (Power Attack +2)
Ranged: Attack: BAB +2, Dex +1 Damage: +0 (Str +3 thrown)
Blessings (4/4) (DC 13) (Holy Strike or Powerful Healer)
Fervor (2/3) (1d6)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/1
Spells (Caster Level 3, Concentration +5)
Once Per Day (12): Prestidigitation
Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 vs DC 14 for half of 5hp

He turns back and eyes Heinrich, before pressing his assault. He wants to get out of Heinrich’s way, so he attacks to take advantage of flank, then 5’ steps to the side.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7 (flank) damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Just to round things off, he stumbles as he steps to the side and nearly falls into the boxes.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

Tenebrynn snaps her foot up into the air, lifting her from the ground, then tucks into a sudden somersault with her other leg extended, coming back down into a crouch in the same spot. Another blast of debris chased by groping tendrils of yellow mist spirals forward toward the man-turned-fog-engine.

Air Blast: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 4 = 20for: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 = 15

Status:

HP: 28/30
Nonlethal: 1
AC: 15 (13 T / 12 FF)
Fort: +6 // Ref: +6 // Will: +2 (+2 vs illusion)
Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
Burn Accrued: 1/6
SLAs: dancing lights [ ], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]
Ongoing Effects:
Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kyffin, distracted by the burns, misses, but Al and Tenebrynn's blows are on target, and prove too much for the creature, which falls to the ground, dead.

You realize that as soon as you disturbed it, the mists spewing from it began to slow and they now stop immediately. By the time you've caught your breath, the mist outside the windows looks lighter. While the surrounding region is still awash in the deadly fog, much of the immediate area appears to have cleared.


Spoiler:
HP 18/18; AC 15, T 12, T 13; F+3, R+5, W+3; CMD 16; Init +2, Perc+8

"Must we destroy all the poor souls who spew this vile filth in order to clear this land of the stuff?" Heinrich mutters, bowing apologetically to Kyffin. "I am sorry, my aim, and the nerves, you see..."


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

Tenebrynn answers Heinrich's initial question simply and with a shrug, "Yup." She then putters around the room for a bit, before she has another thought on the matter. "These people spitting out fog and mist are already dead. Whoever that man used to be, that wasn't him anymore. Not a person anymore, just a dead body taken over by fog. Stop all the bodies, stop the fog." She ticks each point by unfurling her fingers one at a time then ends with another shrug.


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

Kyffin smiles at Heinrich, "Well, when they work they're something to behold, so I'll take the occasional miss." he peers at him carefully, "Occasional though huh?" he grins.

He begins searching the large space, looking for what he does not know, but he searches just the same.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

Tristain feels like he gets into a position to help too late, largely because that seems like exactly what happened.

”These are strange beings for this demiplane,” Tristain pokes at the body with his longspear and nearly skewers Kyffin in the toe. ”If everything here is a demiplane and the fog was the embodiment of the ends of creation, then one would think that killing this creature would have no effect...however, it seems that the fog has cleared.”

Tristain ponders this for a moment.

”That may mean that maybe this isn’t an alternate reality or dream demiplane, but our natural reality bent and torn within a locatlized area. I guess we will need to kill more beings like this to know for sure.”

Tristain looks around to see if there was a reason why this creature was here and what it might mean.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Perception


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 30 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 13 | Initiative +3 | Fort +6 / Ref +6 / Will +2 | Stealth +13, Disable +10, Acrobatics, Perception +9

Tenebrynn's naturally wide eyes go even wider as she turns slowly to regard Tristain. She considers, briefly, what it would look like to blast him through one of the windows and to watch him sail toward the horizon like a boulder hurled from a catapult.

She banishes the thought with a strangled grunt, throws up her hands in defeat, and makes for the nearest door as quickly as her short stride will carry her.


AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, hp 25, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 18, Perception -1

Al pokes at the dead thing with his bardiche. "Strange thing it was, didn't seem evil, but the yellow fog ain't right and seems a part of the evil gripping this place. We still have some mysteries to uncover." Al helps Tristan search the area before moving on with the party.

aid Tristan: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Cracking open some of the crates, you find only obsolete medical equipment, with nothing of any real use as far as you can determine.

There are several doors still unentered below, or you can report back to Wren Elbourne, or do something else that I'm not expecting.


AC: 17 (f15 /t11); F: +8, R: +5, W: +8

He listens to Tristain, and worries that he's starting to make sense. Not where he started, but where he finished. He wonders if Tristain is getting better... or he's getting worse.

"I say we check those other rooms while we give this fog more time to dissipate. Then we go back to Wren and see if we did the right thing."

If the group agrees, Kyffin will head back downstairs and take the first door - opening it with one hand while brandishing his scimitar in the other.


M Human - Loon 3 AC: 12 (10 FF) Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +5

After finding nothing after what he thought was a very good search, Tristain follows Kyffin down to the next room. He carries his spear and manages to avoid scrapping Kyffin’s armor for the most part, only scrapping it once severely.

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,636 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Strange Aeons PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.