Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Farshore map


6,401 to 6,443 of 6,443 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson will also introduce himself to the Sarenraen priest, immediately making himself comfortably subservient to the man.

Having another Sarenraen priest around will really take the pressure off.

"Hi, I'm Kyson. Maybe you're going to take over Lavinia's work? I can go back home to the monastery or do some good scribing?"

* * *

Kyson will ask the general group some questions.

"Who are the Crimson Fleet? When are they planning to attack? How many Sarenrae battle knights do we have besides Linah? Where are the others?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The man, Vesserin, smiles at Kyson.

"I would be happy for any help scribing you wish to do. I have four acolytes, and Liamae has been helpful as well, but any additional help would be wonderful. I've heard there are demonic influences on the island -- in truth, that's why I came -- so perhaps you can help me quash those."

---

The Crimson Fleet are a group of pirates, based in the Shackles. The note doesn't mention a time for the attack. There are no other Sarenrae battle knights on the island.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

”Then it falls to us to prepare Farshore for this eventual attack. How many live here and of that number how many are able-bodied men and women. Everyone will need to fight”, the old ranger explains. ”If the scouting force was any indication, this Crimson Fleet is to be taken seriously.”

"Seka, can you and Linah interrogate the prisoner. If anybody knows what makes them tick it'll be you."

Are we able to do any shopping here? I thought you mentioned shopping being possible in Farshore.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

"I shall do my best", Linah replies. "Where is the prisoner kept?"

"Master (I have no idea what kind of titles there are within the faith) Vasserin, is there any place where we can place the wounded? The temple is close to the port and I fear that a large force would be able to wreak havoc on the building before we are able to stop it."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Echo the need about the shopping. Would it be reasonable to be able to craft scrolls here? Obv, we have no idea how much time we have, but need to sell gear too.

Kyson will work with Vesserin and Linah on tending the wounded, but a few channels should fix most of everything, right?


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Yeah, I'll have a word. Chances are I can talk to the bugger in his own language" replies Sekathral, ambiguously.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"I'll go with Sekathral, as back up." She looks at Sekathral, seeing the similarities to the pirates. Yes, but he's *our* pirate!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Oh, yes," the cleric replies to Linah. "Telda, here, is a skilled herbalist and apothecary and she runs an infirmary that helps us."

A mix of good cop/bad cop between the three interrogators eventually seems to get results, as the captive pirate eventually spills.

The man, named Lefty, has bruised and sunken features, his skin hot to the touch and one of his eyes blackened. He's also missing his left hand, though that appears to be an old wound.

As he begs for his life, he admits that he and the other pirates came from Rat's End on the Emerald Isle to the west, but says that no one remains there to be a problem now. Their captain, Slipknot Peet, brought everyone on the attack, which was supposed to be a scouting mission.

Peet had been in contact with the Crimson Fleet -- Lefty isn't sure how, only that "magic was involved." -- and they'd promised the Rat's End pirates a place in their fleet if they scouted out Farshore for the next few weeks. Apparently a large force of Crimson Fleet shops is scheduled to arrive in the region "on other business," and at that time they would like to ransack Farshore, using the intelligence gathered by the Rat's End pirates to ensure victory.

Peet didn't reveal to his crew how many ships were on the way, but when he decided to attack Farshore on his own, he did mention that they had two months to loot the place and escape to other waters with their booty before the Crimson Fleet arrived.

Seka Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Khaz Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Linah Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Wow, good rolls...


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"So...we could have as long as two months to ready for the pirate fleet? Or they could come sooner, huh?" Kyson rubs his young jaw, wishing his had manly hair like that of his hero, Silvio.

"I can help prepare for them. We'll burn them with the fires of the Sun, we will. But, even more importantly, do we know why the Crimson Fleet wants to attack Farshore?" Kyson looks around, stating the obvious.

"I mean, this place is far off, loaded with evil monkey demons, and is pretty much a s$%@hole," Kyson says without thinking, picking up some colorful description from Seka.

"There is nothing here worth taking...or is there? Why would they come all this way just to ransake this barely standing beach pit?"

Kyson doesn't mean to offend, but this is beginning to bug him. He had thought that Farshore would be more of an oasis...at least have a few decent stores and inns...and have way fewer dead people and pirates within.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14
motteditor wrote:
"Oh, yes," the cleric replies to Linah. "Telda, here, is a skilled herbalist and apothecary and she runs an infirmary that helps us."

"It is a relief that even though our situation is dire, we have capable hands to handle it."

Interrogation
In her part of good cop Linah will put look the pirate in the eye and put her hand on his shoulder, channeling healing magic to close his wounds (lay on hands, and try to cure a disease should he have one).

"How many ships does the crimson fleet have?"

Outside interrogation
"I am unfamiliar with the Crimson Fleet. Who are they?"

"Kyson, I have seen that you wield the flame of the dawnflower with great skill. How many ships do you think you will be able to stop when they attack?"


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4
Kyson Tirc wrote:

"There is nothing here worth taking...or is there? Why would they come all this way just to ransake this barely standing beach pit?"

"Slaves? Just so they can act like a bunch of ****s and rip up on a bunch of people who they think ain't going to do much about it? Mate, they might not need a good reason"

He pauses, thinking vaguely about Keldon Bonefist.

"Here, if I can get a load of blackpowder and enough metal, I can have a go at making cannon! That'd give the s***s a bit of a shock, eh? Lady,

He addresses Lavinia.

"How about it - any chance of a load of scrap and a smith? Rest I can do myself, unless you or the skipper want me elsewhere"


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14
Sekathral wrote:
"Slaves? Just so they can act like a bunch of ****s and rip up on a bunch of people who they think ain't going to do much about it? Mate, they might not need a good reason"

"They shall do no such thing!" Linah interjects hotly and rises to her feet by pure reflex. Moments later she recovers and starts to blush. "I spoke out of turn. I am sorry, please forgive my outburst", she says and sits back down.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As the council gathers again, it's clear the threat is great. One ship of pirates could have spelled the end of Farshore were it not for your arrival, and no one knows how many the Crimson Fleet will bring.

"If you're willing to help," Lavinia says, "I think these are our options:"

She outlines several places where Farshore could be improved and fortified, including the chapel, the harbor, the infirmary, the militia, the palisade and the watchtowers. There are other places that can also be worked on, of course -- it's still a young town -- but those seem like they would have the most military applications. I'll get you a full list of locations as soon as I can and you can decide which you want to deal with.

She also admits Farshore's militia isn't enough to defend against a large-scale attack. "But if you could travel to Tanaroa, perhaps we could get the support of the Olman warriors. Maybe they would be enough to tip the scales in our favor."

In addition, she says, there are other, stranger tribes of humanoids dwelling in the interior, tribes whose aid would doubtless further shore up Farshore. The phanatons are a group of rodent-like creatures, while local legends also tell of a race of catlike humanoids called rakastas. The locals believe that the last of the rakastas have died out, but they were renowned for their masterwork weapons. Perhaps hidden caches still exist at the sites of their old temples.

Many supplies were damaged in the recent attack, supplies that could be replaced by the cargo still carried by the Sea Wyvern. For that matter, she says, if the Sea Wyvern herself could be repaired, she could give Farshore a huge advantage in defending against pirates. Perhaps you could return to the crash site, make repairs and sail the ship back.

The Isle of Dread has other resources that could prove helpful. A large tar pit could supply the isle with tar to shore up defenses and repair damaged ships and building, but only if you can get access.

"That's all I can think of," she admits. "We can see if Dranys can make the cannon, and if you have any other ideas, we're certainly open to them."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Khazmia listens quietly as the discussion ravels out. A low grind irritates at the edge of her hearing until she realizes she is grinding her tusks against her upper front teeth in frustration.

"I can't say I relish heading back into the interior." Cats and rodents for allies? Is that really where we're at now?


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"We should start with a review of what's here. We'll need to know what'll take to get those locations defensible. Kyson, can you come with me. You likely know more about construction than any of us."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14
Linah Jamil'Kaid wrote:
"Kyson, I have seen that you wield the flame of the dawnflower with great skill. How many ships do you think you will be able to stop when they attack?"

Kyson blinks at Linah as if having a hard time understanding the question. He then remembers the time he burned the f#%@ out of a bunch of pirates and a slow smile comes across his face.

That was pretty cool. heh heh heh eh heh heh...I blew them...heh heh heh heh...up.

Kyson giggles to himself.

Zstelian Karela wrote:
"We should start with a review of what's here. We'll need to know what'll take to get those locations defensible. Kyson, can you come with me. You likely know more about construction than any of us."

"What? Construction? Oh sure...I can build lots of walls quickly. Did you want me to start building walls all around the town? I can do that pretty easy," Kyson says the impossible as if it were matter of fact.

He turns back to Linah, having giggled himself out.

"I might be able to blow up one, maybe two. I got lucky once, I think, but would happy to try again. I don't like pirates none. Not at all."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"Linah is right, Kyson. and if you can scribe some of those scrolls like you did before for me, we can have plenty of the Lady's Light of Repentance to lay upon their ships while they are still out somewhat from the shore. That is a great gift you have, Kyson." Khazmia's face lights with a wide grin, her silver tusk caps shining in the firelight as she considers laying waste to the pirates while they are still on their ships.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

/me looks around to see if Zstelian, Seka, and Linah are going to post.

Kyson looks at Khaz, suddenly worried about all the pressures being placed upon him.

"So...build walls, scribe scrolls, and singlehandedly stop the pirate fleet...anything else?"


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian is ready to play real estate inspector.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Khaz lays one delicate heavy hand upon Kyson's shoulder. "Not singlehandedly, Kyson. We'll be here to help. I will be." She raises her fingers, a small frizzle of electricity and the scent of a storm dancing around the tips.

"I'll do what I can, but The Lady loves and respects you. She has faith in you. Who am I to argue?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Lavinia, along with Ulvar Kabbanja, a dour Mwangai man who is revealed to be the captain of the militia, shows you to the areas she thinks could be of the most use.

The chapel Building 15 on the map, now that it's not a scene of chaos, proves to be a smartly finished building of adobe near the center of the colony. It features a belltower that rises higher than any other building in Farshore. The large pew-lined common room doubles as a meeting place for the Expedition Council or other public gatherings. The main worship room features numerous small shrines in alcoves along the walls that contain small statuettes of various dieties.

Vesserin welcomes any aid he can get, pointing out that he only has four acolytes, plus Liamae, who often helps him. Any PC that can cast healing spells can spend a week helping in various tasks such as healing, maintenance, sermons and other spiritual matters; at the end of the week, a Knowledge (religion) check indicates that the spiritual well-being of the colony increases morale, which can help in the fight. This can be done multiple times.

The waterfront Area 1 bustles with activity as fishing boats and launches to neighboring isles arrive and depart. A pair of guards keep watch and signal fires atop the jetties are ready to be lit at night to lead stragglers home. The entrance appears to be a natural bottleneck that could protect the colony from sea with a little help.

A character with Knowledge (engineering) can plan several changes and enhancements, such as installing siege engines or sniper posts along the cliffs, creating artificial sandbars or submerged traps, and establishing more efficient patrol routes. The character must spend at least two hours a day for a week supervising the work. At the end, he must make a Knowledge check to see if they improvements are sound.

Telda Syren greets you as you arrive at her infirmary Building 17. Notes, much of it semeingly in Olman alphabet and pictograms line the walls and tables, fighting for space with lab equipment and drying herbs. A Heal check can increase the infirmary's efficiency, though doing so will take a week.

Farshore's militia consists of 18 human guards, you learn at the barracks Building 8, with six on duty for eight-hour shifts most of the day. Half of the guards live here, though the barracks can hold three dozen with ease. Tolin Kientai, the Jade Raven, lounges here, Ulvar informing you that the good-looking warrior joined shortly after he arrived. You can spend a week to try to increase the militia's numbers with a Diplomacy check; this can be done more than once.

A 15-foot high wooden palisade Area 3 surrounds the landward approach into Farshore. Lavinia thinks the attackers are more likely to come via water, but points to it as a possible area that can be improved.

DC 15 Knowledge (engineering):

You don't think it looks all that secure. Several changes and enhancements could help, such as adding sharpened poles atop it and jutting from the base, greased walls and/or a low moat. You can spend at least two hours a day for a week supervising upgrades, at which point you must make a Knowledge (engineering) check to see if they're sound. You could spend multiple weeks doing this.

And finally you're led to the watchtowers Area 4, four of which stand on the palisade. Each tower is manned by a single guard, who can ring an iron bell hanging from the ceiling in case of emergency. A new watchtower could be instructed in the northeastern corner of the palisade and another on the southwestern bluff overlooking the harbor; though hey would probably take three weeks each to build.

There you go; a few more options. Remember there are other improvements you can make to town too, if you want to explore the rest of it, plus there are out-of-town options.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Yeah, well, I'll help with making some ****ing big guns, no problem; other than that, bagsie going out and getting the barky back. I can do that, as well as going looting. Mind you, if I do, I want a ****ing tab at the pub"


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Yeah, Zstelian’s not a good fit for this. =/

Zstelian pays close attention during the tour but can’t shake the feeling that his experience was going to be of little use is preparing the town itself for the coming siege.

”I don’t know how much help I can be with any of this”, the old ranger admits. ”Maybe I’ll be more use outside the walls. There’s bound to be a way we can use the terrain to improve the city’s defenses.”


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson plots and plans as best he can during the first day, trying to get a layout of Farshore, meeting the locals, and healing as he can. He feels pulled in many directions, and realizes that he needs answers...solid, godly answers.

He next morning, in addition to memorizing Wall of Stone, he will also learn Commune (for better talking to the gods).

Kyson will actively solicit suggestions for questions from everyone. He gets 9 questions per casting...which costs 500 gp each...so make them good questions or Kyson is just going to blow them. You can read the Commune spell here.

Commune Questions.:

1. Is the Crimson Fleet currently within one weeks sail of Farshore?
2. Is the Crimson Fleet within (2 weeks or 3 days, depending on the answer to #1) sail of Farshore?
3. Should we seek allies from the island in our fight against the Crimson Fleet?
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.

In addition, as a demonstration because no one seems interested, Kyson will cast Wall of Stone on a stretch of unprotected beach. It will be 90' long, 2.5 thick' and 5' tall.

"There....walls. See?"

Also, one weeks Religious aid: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 Know (Religion)

Also, Kyson will begin crafting, assuming he can get magical inks from the Church. Will begin to document in OOC...tomorrow.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

During the meeting
”I am hesitant to ask surrounding settlements for their aid. While we can use all the help we can get I do not want to deplete their defenses should they be targeted instead. Even though their forces is not enough to repel the Crimson Fleet by themselves I do not want to leave them defenseless. What settlements nearby do not live close to the sea and are thus unlikely to be targeted?”

How secluded is the Olman village? Is it reachable by sea?

motteditor wrote:


Telda Syren greets you as you arrive at her infirmary Building 17. Notes, much of it semeingly in Olman alphabet and pictograms line the walls and tables, fighting for space with lab equipment and drying herbs. A Heal check can increase the infirmary's efficiency, though doing so will take a week.

Farshore's militia consists of 18 human guards, you learn at the barracks Building 8, with six on duty for eight-hour shifts most of the day. Half of the guards live here, though the barracks can hold three dozen with ease. Tolin Kientai, the Jade Raven, lounges here, Ulvar informing you that the good-looking warrior joined shortly after he arrived. You can spend a week to try to increase the militia's numbers with a Diplomacy check; this can be done more than once.

This is probably the things that Linah is best suited for. The healing because she likes healing and recruiting because she has a high diplomacy score. What do you think she should take? I would be partial to the infirmary.

Kyson Tirc wrote:

Commune Questions:

1. Is the Crimson Fleet currently within one weeks sail of Farshore?
2. Is the Crimson Fleet within (2 weeks or 3 days, depending on the answer to #1) sail of Farshore?
3. Should we seek allies from the island in our fight against the Crimson Fleet?
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.

Suggested questions:

4. What does the Crimson Fleet want with Farshore?
5. Are the commanding forces of the Crimson Fleet aware that the scouting troupe has tried to ransack Farshore and failed? or 5. Are the commanding forces of the Crimson Fleet aware that new opposition as arrived to Farshore?


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"That is a fine wall, Kyson. A very fine wall. I'm sure any of those you can put up will be a help."

She looks out from the top of the wall, watching the waves as they rise and fall. Finally asks, "Kyson, are there spells that might let us turn the very ocean against their ships before they get close to shore? I am not like you, I do not know many spells, but the storms that harried us on our way here were more powerful than anything I know. If we could harness something like that, perhaps we could sink them nice and deep."

When not discussing spell possibilities with Kyson, Khaz uses her "fine" diplomacy skills to encourage people to join the guard.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

The day after, Sekathral will round up a few sailors and Captain Amella and head up towards the wreck of the Sea Wyvern in an attempt to salvage some cargo and (perhaps) refloat her and tow her back.

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

After which he'll make a start on manufacturing some artillery.

Craft (Weaponsmithing): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Zstelian, there are plenty of other places in the village you could look into if you want. Or there are several possible options that mean you need to leave the village.

You've got four more questions, Kyson (they have to be yes/no, also, so Question 4 from Linah won't work).

Lavinia says you're welcome to take the Blue Nixie out to the Sea Wyvern. However, she warns you to be cautious, maybe taking Zstelian with you and scouting out the site before making repairs.

"Shipwrecks tend to be quickly inhabited by dangerous monsters, and it's been some time since the Wyvern arrived. Who knows what might dwell in its hold now."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian spends the rest of the day exploring the city on his own, looking for weaknesses that might have been overlooked or potentially missed opportunities to help Farshore’s people.

Perception: 10 + 16 = 26


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Focusing on the healing
Healing roll: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"Are you sure that is wise? Outside the Olman gates this island is rife with all kind of dangers" Linah asks Sekathral with a worried tone.

motteditor wrote:
You've got four more questions, Kyson (they have to be yes/no, also, so Question 4 from Linah won't work).

Boooh!

More question suggestions:
4. Does the Crimson Fleet have spell casters among them?
6. Is the Crimson Fleet looking for something specific in Farshore? (what I'm looking for is if they're just out to get some loot or if they're looking for a specific item/person/resource. Is there someway to phrase that?)


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson will craft two scrolls of control water. -700 gp. And another -500gp for the Commune.

* * *
Kyson will cast Commune with the following questions.

Commune Questions:

1. Is the Crimson Fleet currently within one week's sail of Farshore?
2. Is the Crimson Fleet within (2 weeks or 3 days...depending on the answer to #1) sail of Farshore?
3. Should we seek allies from the island in our fight against the Crimson Fleet?
4. Are the commanding forces of the Crimson Fleet aware that the scouting troop's attack failed?
5. Does the Crimson Fleet have powerful (powerful = Khas level) spellcasters among them?
6. Is the Crimson Fleet looking for something specific in Farshore?
7-9. Will depend on the answers above.

* * *

Did the Blue Nixie sink completely? Are we thinking that we need to go underwater to recover her? What do we think is necessary to get her in sailing condition again? It will matter to what spells Kyson preps (water breathing, FOM, etc.)

More to come...there is much to do.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK, we're going to go with the next day. Kyson will ask these questions in the morning and then you can decide what to do.

1. No.
2. No (not within two weeks).
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. Yes.
6. Yes and no.

The Blue Nixie did not sink at all. The Sea Wyvern, last you saw was stuck on a reef. You think she will need at least her hull repaired before she can be sailed again, but aren't sure what else until you -- or more accurately, probably, Sekathral -- see her.

Zstelian, I'm not going to go into quite as much detail here, because honestly, it's a lot of typing. I'm assuming you're just strolling around town to get the lay of the land. If you want to look into any of these areas more, just let me know and I'll elaborate (numbers indicate their location the map). Other areas include the warehouses (2), South Gate (5), Farshore Cemetery (6), East Gate (7), Vanderboren Manor (9), Meravanchi Manor (10), The Clayworks (11), Sellis' Woodworks and Smithy (12), Tehrik's Tannery (13), The Last Coconut tavern and inn (14), Farshore Hall of Records (16), Aldwattle's Laboratory (19) and farms (20).


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Working my way down the list!

Zstelian pauses to study the warehouses. I wonder what’s stored here.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"If anybody else wants to come, they're welcome - more the merrier. However, wind and tide being what they are, we'd better get a bloody move on. We'll sod off tomorrow morning once Zstelian's finished seeing the sights, if he wants to tag along. Khaz, too."


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

"If that is your choice I must insist on accompanying you", Linah says. "Perhaps we can stop by Mara and ask if they are willing to reinforce our defenses. Sadly I am not proficient with their language, so I would need a translator to aid me."

What was the name of the first Olman village? Then one where Linah met the group? I tried to go back into the posting history but couldn't find a name.

By the way, Linah did talk to the survivors during the trip back to Farshore. How did Avner react as she talked to him?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The first village was Tanaroa. Which, though I can't find it now I think someone asked earlier about and its proximity to the ocean. It's on an isthmus, but it's a mile from the ocean in either direction.

Avner was slightly more cheery than others would describe him. He was pleased that the ordeal seemed to be over and he was going to be back in some sort of civilization.

The warehouses holds goods ready for trade with the Olman villages or export to Eleder. They're nearly full after three years with exotic lumber, preserved spices and other bulky bounty from the island.

As you look around, a guard stops you suspiciously until you identify yourself. He apologizes, but explains that things have been going missing of late, and no one knows how or who's doing it.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Trade goods? This is perfect…

At the mention of a potential thief, Zstelian searches the grounds for signs of where the missing goods might have wandered off to.

Taking 10 on Perception with Skill Focus and Guidance for 30 (32 if it involves human and 34 if it involves animals!).


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Questions 7, 8, & 9:

7. Do I (Kyson) need to stay around here?
8. Can't I go back to the monastery?
9. Are you sure?

Kyson takes heart in the initial answers.

"So we got two weeks, at least, until the Crimson Fleet comes. We can pack up and move Farshore, right? It's not like there is anything valuable here, right?"

* * *
Kyson signs up to help Sekathral get the boat.

Kyson will continue to cast 1 Wall of Stone a day, placing it as strategically as possible to aid in defenses. With two weeks of castings, he can get 14*45' of 10' tall wall built.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kyson:

No.
No.
Yes.

Kyson, you can give me two DC 25 Knowledge (engineering) checks to see if your palisade additions are helpful, though that'll a couple hours a day for two weeks total of your time.

Zstelian, you don't see any tracks that look like they would be carrying something heavy out of the warehouses.

The next day, you all pile into the Blue Nixie with Amella and enough sailors to crew the Sea Wyvern and set sail around the Isle of Dread.

Let me know if you want to sail right up to the boat or stop far enough away to scout out the situation.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

I think we'd probably better stop and reconnoitre first

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

There is no way Kyson can make a DC 25 engineering check. Is there someone else in camp with Engineering who can opine on the topic? And casting of the Wall of Stone spell should only take 1 round, however, no doubt that deciding where to place it takes longer. As long as they will be helpful, he will encircle the place.

Kyson will endure the trip to the Sea Wyvern with a mix of dread and anticipation.

"I don't like being on boats anymore. There has got to be a better way, Khaz. Would much prefer to just blink where we should go. We've wasted too much of our lives on this ship."

* * *

When they get to the Sea Wyvern, Kyson will cast Air Walk and air walk around the ship to give it a good, safe, aerial reconnoiter:

Take 20 Perception: = 33.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"My father used to tell stories, Kyson. Great mages that just thought themselves across the great deserts and there they were, faster than lightning!" A little jolt of electricity trips across the tips of her fingers as she watches the sea slide by before continuing.

"That is well beyond my measure, my friend. But wouldn't it be wonderful? We could have Absalomian sugar bagels for breakfast just like *that*!"

Khaz does not have a lot of useful skills, I'm afraid, and definitely no Engineering.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Any animals (rats maybe) in or near the warehouse?

6,401 to 6,443 of 6,443 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.