Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Farshore map


301 to 350 of 6,705 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

"Why all the deception and riddles? What is wrong with a lock?", Silvio

complains looking at the eight sided star as it rotates. "The chimera has six

eyes, every one knows that"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Nothing seems to happen, Sekathral.

But you guys are on the right track.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Silvio Callgari Pazzi wrote:

"Why all the deception and riddles? What is wrong with a lock?", Silvio

complains looking at the eight sided star as it rotates. "The chimera has six

eyes, every one knows that"

"Silvio, lad, this seems more a lock than a riddle to my eyes. We just ain't got the combination for it is all."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson looks at Silvio.

"What is a chimera? Some sort of insect? With six eyes, it best be."

Kyson's gaze then goes to Dargon.

"Combination? I like puzzles. Locks, I don't know much about, but puzzles can be figured out on paper."

Chimera looks to sunrise (East?/Right) - six eyes
Cyclops looks to sunset (West?/Left) - one eye
Medusa looks to sunrise (East?) - ??? eyes
Umber hulk looks to sunset (West?) - ??? eyes
Basilisk looks to sunrise (East?) - ??? eyes

"Sekathral, try moving the dial to the right to 6. See what happens, then left to 1...or is it one spot to 5? Hmmm..." Kyson thinks aloud.


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

Finn walks slowly into the room, flipping over into a handstand, then crouching into a lunging stretch. "Zero, one, two, three, four... This is just a lock. We don't need a riddle, we need a number."

Thinking a moment longer, he adds, "But doesn't a medusa have maybe hundreds of eyes? There are two eyes in every snake. Oh, and Zstelian? What's the difference between an umber hulk and a gray render?"


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.
Dargon Dolgrinson wrote:


"Silvio, lad, this seems more a lock than a riddle to my eyes. We just ain't got the combination for it is all."

"Locks, riddels, puzzles. It makes no difference", Silvio says and gestures with his hands. "Things like this is the stuff of scholars, old men with the noses pressed down between the pages of an old tome. Men who lack the courage and lust to experiene the world and adventure! They prefer to read about such things", he continues with a hint of distain coating the last sentence. "It is not the way of Silvio. We came here, we defeated the guardian and now we should reap the rewards!"

"The chimera is a three headed beast", Silvio explains to the cleric. "Have you not read of such things before? You strike Silvio as one of those persons Silvio spoke of earlier"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson looks confused.

"Why would a beast need 3 heads? Which one is in charge? Are you sure it has 3 heads?"

3 heads? It makes no sense. How does it come out of the womb with 3 heads? Must be a painful process for the mother.

Kyson crunches his legs together as if to protect his groin as that thought runs through his mind.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"The hulk shoots rays from its tentacles. Or is it that the render can fly by moonlight?"

Zstelian frowns.

"I never can remember."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4
Quote:
But doesn't a medusa have maybe hundreds of eyes? There are two eyes in every snake.

Sekathral scratches his head. "Surely the snakes' eyes belong to the snakes? If so, then the medusa'd have just the two, if the figurehead on Captain Vlakis' ship is anything to go by. Along with a bosom that'd sink a Chelish Skullcrusher on its own. Anyway, I reckon you're right, mate" He says, nodding to Kyson. "Which [u]might[/u] make it 6,1,2... Then what? How many bleeding eyes does an umber hulk have?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"What about the basilisk?" Lavinia asks. "It looks like there are only seven choices, so if we can figure out the rest, we could simply try all seven for the umber hulk."


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:
"What about the basilisk?" Lavinia asks. "It looks like there are only seven choices, so if we can figure out the rest, we could simply try all seven for the umber hulk."

"Might as well give 'er a go," Dargon announces.

Dargon tries to reset the lock by pushing it to the west a full turn and stopping in neutral position. He then pauses a moment, before slipping into his thinking mode, recognizable by how he begins speaking to himself in the dwarven tongue.

Dargon announces all his steps, but in dwarven.

"East to the six eyed beast." 6 - Sunrise
"West to the tentacled monster." 1 - Sunset

He then stops, looks at all the images one more time, then asks himself, "Two?,". He then continues his tasks.

"East to the dragon." 2 - Sunrise

Then he stops again, looking the images over a second time, then mumbles, "No idea how many eyes an umber hulk is... but they sound big."

"West to the two-headed giant ." 4 - Sunset

"Uh oh," Dargon says before steping back and asking in dwarven, "Do you think we can repeat numbers?" Then after noticing plenty of blank stares he repeats himself in the common tongue. "Think we're to reuse numbers?"

Assuming there are no objections, Dargon goes to complete his task. "Back to the dragon?" 2 - Sunrise

Dargon slips into the dwarven tongue whenever he concentrates on figuring something out.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As Dargon finishes the final rotation, the entire room rumbles for a moment as the carved walls seem to rotate, revealing alcoves filled with coffers and chests.

"Ha!" exults Lavinia. "Well done, Dargon!"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson smiles at the success of the group and finishes taking notes on what happened here.

Does this count as doing something? It was fun, so probably not.


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

As the alcoves open, Finn leaps about in glee. "Haha, well done Dargon! Sheer genius!"


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral chuckles with satisfaction on seeing the treasury door spring open "Nothing can stand between a dwarf and a room full of gold" He murmurs


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian sucks in a breath when the room begins to shift.

"Nice work Dargon".


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

"Ah, wonderful job, my friend!", Silvio exclaims in delight. "Silvio takes care of the guardian, and you take care of the lock!" he contiues and pats the dwarf on the back. The chelaxian's massive ego has already molded reality into forgetting that it was actually Dargon that delivered the final blow to the metal snake as well.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Unfortunately, as you begin going through the chests, most of them appear to be empty, occasionally yielding up a silver coin or two, Lavinia looking more and more deflated as each further one is opened.

Finally, the last few chests seem to be untouched, full of gems and glittering gold pieces. Also in them is a number of ledgers and a small iron coffer containing a thick pile of documents, all of which Lavinia takes.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson offers to help Lavinia with the documents.

"Are those of import, Lavinia? Did you need help to go through those? Organizing them?". Kyson asks helpfully.

I'll wait before asking if she needs them bound into a calligraphied tome.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral fingers the dust at the bottom of one of the empty chests, hoping vainly to reveal the secret door that would lead them to the real treasure vault. Me and my big mouth He thinks. Shouldn't have tempted fate like that. Or chewed the priest out. Bad luck. Now look at what's happened. He consoles himself with a swig of brandy and a pipe of flayleaf, offering the bottle around half-heartedly.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"I'm not certain, Kyson. I assume they're of some importance, since they were stored here, but I'm not sure what's in them. ... I suppose I could use some help looking through them once we return to the manor; I'd be grateful for your assistance.

"I'm a little more concerned at the moment about all the empty chests, though."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"How much were you expecting to be down here?", Zstelian asks as he does a pass through the room.

Survial to Track. Has anyone been through here recently? - Take 10: 17

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"More than this," Lavinia replies. "I know my parents didn't always keep careful track of their bills, but they had made a great deal of money over the years."


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:
"Ha!" exults Lavinia. "Well done, Dargon!"

Dargon just stands there for a moment, clearly expressing his awe in the fact that it actually worked.

motteditor wrote:
"I'm a little more concerned at the moment about all the empty chests, though." Lavinia says

"You thinking someone 'elped 'emself to-it?" Dargon says in response to Lavinia concern.

Dargon circles the room, checking the walls for anything unusual.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral has been working hard at his bottle, and is a little worse for wear. "Thish ish an an ELF'SH job!" He bellows, belches, then gets down on his hands and knees and starts peering blearily into corners and prodding at cracks with his dagger.

Perception check:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 I've taken a big chunk out of my usual modifier due to being intoxicated - have removed the equivalent of 1pt of Wis for the flayleaf, but couldn't find any rules for the spirits..

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Careful searching seems to turn up no clues. If any had been here, you suspect the seven of you moving around the area would have obliterated them.

After a short while, Lavinia's shoulders slump in defeat. "I don't think we're going to find anything here."


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

"Perhaps the treasures where moved into another vault?", Silvio suggests casually, not really listening. The chelaxian is momentarily distracted by the gleam of the riches in the remaining chests. "Is the coins from the full chests not enough? Silvio wonders what's in those papers", he says when the lure of the treasue has faded.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson looks forward to the carriage ride back.

Two carriage rides in one day.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK, I'm guessing people are ready for me to move things along. I'll be offline most of Thursday, though I may be able to do a quick update since we're not in combat; getting back home sometime Friday. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.

The carriage ride back to the manor is uneventful. Once there, Lavinia thanks you for your help and asks you to come back in a couple days, after she's had some time to look through the contents of the vault; Kyson, you're welcome to help her if you wish. She also again offers a reward as thanks for your help -- 20 platinum pieces each she took from the vault.

Kyson:

The documents in the iron coffer appear to be in Lavinia's mother's hand, but they're written in a strange language, though you recognize the letters as Elven. Included are several maps of jungles, coastlines and other regions that seem to represent some unknown tropical location, as well as sketches of strange, exotic creatures.

Lavinia quickly collects those papers and says she'll look into them, asking you to look through the ledgers, which appear to be a list of debts owed to the Vanderborens from guilds and noble families in Eleder. It seems Lavinia's parents made a habit of doing dangerous favors for others, yet rarely immediately collected the rewards, instead leaving it that they would collect at a later date.

When you return two days later, Kora again shows you into the dining quarters, where she oversees a young maid who wasn't there before serve each of you a late lunch.

Lavinia smiles as she greets you, but then turns serious.

"Unfortunately," she says, "it appears the vault was indeed robbed. My brother, Vanthus, somehow obtained a signet ring and had been there several times over the last month."

"I'd like you to find him. He moved out of the house a while ago -- I believe he was staying with a woman in the Azure District -- and when he came back briefly after our parents died ... it didn't go well. I think he's fallen in with a bad crowd, smugglers, thieves, maybe even killers, but I think if I can talk to him, I can get through to him. I just can't find him," she concludes, frustration evident in her voice.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian looks at the pieces of platinum in disbelief, "You're already drowning in your parent's debt. This is a small fortune. I cannot take this money."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral discreetly bites one of the coins, nods, satisfied, then speaks: "You can buy a lot of information with a couple of these..."


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Silvio recives his payment with a bow. "Eventhough your company is reward enough, my lady, Silvio will see these coins put into good use."

"If this Vanthus is in town, then Silvio will find him", the chelaxian promises with a sweeping gesture of his hand. "Silvio will ask around among his many friends. Your brother is as good as found."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson won't necessarily reveal the information in the spoiler...he wouldn't betray the confidence of his employer without reason.

Kyson accepts the coin with a bit of glee.

"All this for sorting through papers? THANKS!"

Pocketing the money, Kyson has never been paid so well for his scribery before and appreciates it.

Pocketing the coins, Kyson responses to the mission of finding Lavinia's brother with little interest.

"Uhm sure. If we're done looking through the papers, I'll help find your brother."

Looking over the group, Kyson speaks, "Should we leave this day? Perhaps one of you has a contact like we did for the ship and boat?"

We are close to being able to buy a wand of CLW, highly recommended.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:

OK, I'm guessing people are ready for me to move things along. I'll be offline most of Thursday, though I may be able to do a quick update since we're not in combat; getting back home sometime Friday. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.

The carriage ride back to the manor is uneventful. Once there, Lavinia thanks you for your help and asks you to come back in a couple days, after she's had some time to look through the contents of the vault; Kyson, you're welcome to help her if you wish. She also again offers a reward as thanks for your help -- 20 platinum pieces each she took from the vault.

** spoiler omitted **

When you return two days later, Kora again shows you into the dining quarters, where she oversees a young maid who wasn't there before serve each of you a late lunch.

Lavinia smiles as she greets you, but then turns serious.

"Unfortunately," she says, "it appears the vault was indeed robbed. My brother, Vanthus, somehow obtained a signet ring and had been there several times over the last month."

"I'd like you to find him. He moved out of the house a while ago -- I believe he was staying with a woman in the Azure District -- and when he came back briefly after our parents died ... it didn't go well. I think he's fallen in with a bad crowd,...

"While they look into 'ur brothers dealings, I best stay with you lass. In case he comes looking for you."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"I don't think he'll come back all of a sudden -- it's not as if he doesn't know where I've been -- but if you feel it best, I will of course accept your protection," Lavinia says.

"I doubt he'll be in the Champion's or Noble districts, but I also am afraid I don't know him as well as I did when we were children."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Would it make sense to split up?" Asks Sekathral. "Maybe if we each take a district each, or pair up, then come back here at sundown and compare what we've learnt? I'll do the Shadowshore, just in case"

If that's the plan:
Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian frowns at the mention of the city. The buildings, the smells, the greedy oily people - the whole place made the old ranger's ears itch with anxiety.

"Well I'm not sure how much good I'll be in town but I'll help out where I can. Do you have a portrait of him?"


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

"You and Silvio think alike", the chelaxian smiles and pats Sekathral on the back. "Silvio was just about to suggest the same thing. Quick with blade and wits alike, no? Silvio will check with his friends at the Azure district", he announces, choosing the azure district because it's the only one he knows as Lavinia mentioned it moments ago.

Once everything is decided Silvio gives a flick of his hat and strides down to the Azure district. He conducts his investigation unabashedly, approaches noble and peasant alike making undiscreet inquiries about the whereabouts of Vanthus Vanderboren.

That's a diplomacy check if i remember correctly: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"You want us to split up? And talk to people?" Kyson doesn't look excited by that prospect.

Kyson's eyes go from person to person, weighing and measuring each against some addled mental checklist.

Dargon?
Not sure he'll know me as friend or foe when he's drunk. He yelled at me.
Silvio?
Hmm...maybe. Will he poke me with his finger again? That hurt!
Finn?
He seems nice...and he smells a bit like the candlemaking room in the monastery. Downside=might light me on fire.
Zstelian?
Old. Likes birds. Carries a big stick. Maybe.

Kyson's eyes alight on Sekathral briefly and just keep moving all the way back to Dargon.

"Uhm. Maybe we should explore in teams. I should probably travel with Finn or Zstelian, maybe. It might be safer."

* * *

If there is portrait (or description) given of the brother, Kyson will copy his image onto paper.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Prof (Scribe) to copy a picture

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Lavinia gestures to a large portrait hanging in the dining room. "That's Vanthus there," she says, with a wistful smile. "It was painted before he fell in with his new friends."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson will make a few copies (3, I think).

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Prof (scribe)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Prof (scribe)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Prof (scribe)

I think I'm getting better as I go. This last copy is a real good one!

* * *

Kyson to ready to hand out copies to anyone who wants them.

"Maybe we should do two teams. Sekathral, Dargon, & Silvio take the Azure district first. Then the Merchant's and Shadowshore. Me, Finn, and Zstelian will take the Cudgel, Sunrise, & Noble districts. We meet back tomorrow at noon here. Let's do that."

Kyson nods to Zstelian and Finn.

"Let's go, eh?"

Kyson will follow behind Finn and Zstelian on the way to the Cudgel district.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Gather Info (w/portrait of Vanthus) Cudgel
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Gather Info (w/portrait of Vanthus) Noble
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Gather Info (w/portrait of Vanthus) Sunrise


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:
"I don't think he'll come back all of a sudden -- it's not as if he doesn't know where I've been -- but if you feel it best, I will of course accept your protection," Lavinia says.

Dargon gets a heavy look in his eyes, "I worry now that u've been to your kins vault, Vanthus might come after you for what you took an' I rather be 'round ta talk sense unto 'em if he does."

Dargon feels its best to keep an eye on Lavinia until after Vanthus is spoken to, he is otherwise ok with Kyson's plan.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Sounds fair enough" replies Sekathral. "Let's get a move on, lads"

Can I use my old roll for the Shadowshore district?

rolls:

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 11 Azure
Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 12 Merchant's
Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 10 Shadowshore (if not)
Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 17 (Shadowshore) (if so)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"I guess that's possible, Dargon," Lavinia says. "The clerk said he hadn't been there for about 10 days, but I appreciate your concern."

That's fine with me Sekathral. My general philosophy has always been you can choose what to do with a roll if you jumped the gun a little; so keep it if it's good and reroll if it's bad. I suppose it's my version of RPG cheating. : )

Also note that Kyson's plan left out the Champion's district. Soon as I know exactly who's definitely going where, I'll put up the next post.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson scratches his head.

"Oh yeah, the Champion's District." Kyson sighs.

"If you're going to stay here Dargon,..."...why didn't I think of that?!"...me, Finn, and Zstelian will check the Champion's District too."

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Gather Info (w/portrait of Vanthus) Champion's


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

"Very good then, off we go!"

Back in action after Thanksgiving!


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14
Finnwappet Luggnagg wrote:
Back in action after Thanksgiving!

Uhm, great! How about some rolls and checks to help?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

After a couple days' work (unfortunately, you're unable to find much information by noon the next day), Zstelian, Finn and Kyson have little luck, and are unable to turn anything up in the Cudgel, Noble or Sunrise districts.

Sekathral and Silvio, however, have learned the following:

In the Azure District, a few people remember seeing Vanthus at some taverns, often in the company of a woman named Brissa Santos, a notorious pickpocket turned artist who's had her fair share of brushes (no pun intended) with the law.

You also talk to a few people who remember seeing Vanthus here and there in the Merchant's District, though no one's seen him recently. Everyone assumes he's still living at Vanderboren Manor.

Finally, in Shadowshore, Silvio and Sekathral seem to be closing in on the elusive Vanderboren. Several people mention they've seen him, often in the company of a smuggler named Penkus.

Dargon finds little happening at the manor. Lavinia seems to be continuing to go through the ledgers and paperwork she took from the vault, while Kora continues to train a pair of young human servants -- a maid Katery Ihedigbo and a chef who only gives his name as Ardabol -- who have been hired for day work since Lavinia got renewed access to the vault.

Diplomacy (gather information) rolls:

Sekthral: Azure 11, Merchant's 12, Shadowshore 17

Silvio Azure: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Silvio Merchant's: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Silvio Shadowshore 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Zstelian Cudgel: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Zstelian Sunrise: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Zstelian Noble: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Finn Cudgel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Finn Sunrise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Finn Noble: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Kyson Cudgel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Kyson Sunrise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kyson Noble: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"What now? Go again, concentrating on the Shadowshore, Azure, and Merchant's Districts? We have more names to go on now too: Brissa Santos and Penkus."

Kyson tries to unhear scary/seedy words like "pickpocket" and "smuggler".


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian follows the more socially apt persons and tries to help out where he can. He has trouble getting information out of others on his own but proves incredibly good at calling a bluff or noticing when someone is fishing for coin or information with little to offer in return.

Sense Motive Checks to help speed the process?
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 +2 more if it's a human
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 +2 more if it's a human
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 +2 more if it's a human

[b]"I agree with the boy. If Vanthus himself is too hard to track down we should find his associates. Brissa and Penkus both sound like good names to follow up on.[/ooc]

301 to 350 of 6,705 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.