Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map


2,951 to 3,000 of 5,945 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

When the knotted rope is secure to a sturdy tree, Kyson will take 10 to shimmy down.

This is stupid.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 8 - 22/74 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +4, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Perception +15

Two knotted ropes tied together should get us to the bottom.

Zstelian will untie the rope and climb down on his own last.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 2
Stats:
AC 20,T 16, FF 15; HP 47/47; Fort +5, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral will go down first, so whatever's at the bottom will eat him rather than anyone else.

I'm joking. I hope.


Human Free Hand Fighter 8, 39/68 hit points, AC 23;F8/R6/W1, Perception -1

Silvio follows Sekathral and glides down deftly. "This is the start of a great adventure. Silvio can tell."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Climbing down somewhere in betwixt first and last, Khazmia keeps an eye out, using the power of her slippers to leave her hands free for defense, should it be needed. Adventure is all well and fine, so long as we all live to tell the tale.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sekathral easily clambers down the rope, followed by Silvio.

As they wait for Kyson and Khazmia to begin coming down, Sekathral notices a trio of figures in the cave mouth -- each about six feet tall -- out of the corner of his eye.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 2
Stats:
AC 20,T 16, FF 15; HP 47/47; Fort +5, Ref +14, Will +4

"Wait a mo - what's that?!"

Sekathral, taking no chances, loads his crossbow, scrutinising the distant trio a little more closely as he does so

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Human Free Hand Fighter 8, 39/68 hit points, AC 23;F8/R6/W1, Perception -1

Silvio follows suit. The chelaxian spins around with remarkable quickness and his newly crafted mithral blade is drawn and pointed towards the threat within a mere second. "So, there are those who think they can sneak up on Silvio Callgari Pazzi, great sea captain and hero to all?" he says with an imposing voice. Sadly some of the effect lost as he is facing the wrong direction. It is only when Sekathral points his crossbow towards the cave mouth that he grasps the situation, and points his blade towards the shadowy shapes.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Dargon climbs down the rope 10 feet, and then, hearing Sekathral's subtle alarm, slow falls down (20 feet) and lands with a roll acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 to overcome the final 10 feet.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson climbs down, not wanting to get caught on the rope when exploding whatevers attack.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 Climb

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The women -- for that's what they are -- are so ugly that you feel momentarily weak, Silvio and Sekathral, but it quickly passes. They -- all three -- begin chanting in unison, as they watch you and your companions climb down the rope.

Spellcraft 22:

They seem to be casting forcecage

Silvio: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Seka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Initiative:
Dargon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Khazmia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Kyson: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Sekathral: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Silvio: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Zstelian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Antagonist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Everyone who's not Silvio and Seka can descend (or not) as their Round 1 actions. Also, if no one shouts orders to the sailors, they'll take their own actions.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Round 1 init 16

Khaz tries to tell what the trio is casting but has no luck from this distance. She climbs the rest of the way down, to join the others.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 1, Init 27

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Spellcraft

Stupid ugly women. What are they blabbing about?

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Know (Arcana). What are they?

Kyson delays at the top, trying to figure out what's going on.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kyson:

They're sea hags, powerful aquatic spellcasters who are highly resistant to magic themselves. Thought I'd use them because I remember someone I was interacting with on the web site telling me how much fun he thought a PFS encounter was with a trio of hags. Forget who that was, though...: )


Human Free Hand Fighter 8, 39/68 hit points, AC 23;F8/R6/W1, Perception -1
motteditor wrote:
Everyone who's not Silvio and Seka can descend (or not) as their Round 1 actions. Also, if no one shouts orders to the sailors, they'll take their own actions.

And everyone who's not Silvio wish they were

Round 1, initiative 7
ac 21, touch 14, fleet-footed 17
fort +5, ref +4, will +0
cmd 20 (21 vs disarm)
hp 36/36
effects:

Silvio averts his eyes from the hideous women. "Such awful looking creatures", he says. "No wonder they where living in a cave eh, Seka?" he continues with a laugh. He takes a step forward to adress the three. "Vile women. You stand before Silvio Callgari Pazzi, great sea captain and hero to all. Stop your chanting and decend back into your cave. Be wise that if you seek to do us harm, you have found a to great of a foe in Silvio!"

5ft step forward
Standard action to intimidate one of the uglies: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 2
Stats:
AC 20,T 16, FF 15; HP 47/47; Fort +5, Ref +14, Will +4

Round 1, init 12, AC 19, HP 24/24

Super Silvio wrote:
"Such awful looking creatures", he says. "No wonder they where living in a cave eh, Seka?"

"Nothing a crossbow bolt to the face won't cure" replies Sekathral, putting his money where his mouth is.

Attk 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Dmg 1d10 ⇒ 4


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 8 - 22/74 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +4, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Perception +15

Round 1, Init 24

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Damn, I can't tell what they're casting. I'm sure it's bad", Zstelian says. "Kyson, help me try to break their concentration!"

Reaching behind him, Zstelian grabs a pair of javelins and hurls them at the closest one.

Javelin -range: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Javelin -range: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Kayle swoops down and does a raking pass.

Flyby Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

How far are they from the top of the cliff? I'm assuming it's between 30-60ft. If it's more I'll need to deduct further from the attack rolls.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Motte:

You're evil. Totally and completely. Enjoy the power of the coven!

Kyson looks down at the women and wonders if even Silvio would resist mating with them.

Probably maybe.

"They are jerks! They have much power when they are all together! Be careful!"

Can't post action until I understand how far away they are. I might have some solutions...or not.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

They're about 80 feet away from those on the top of the cliff if I remember how to do figure out the length of the hypotenuse of a triangle -- a squared + b squared = c squared, right?


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 8 - 22/74 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +4, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Perception +15

Yeah, that's right. I adjusted my attacks in the post above accordingly.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 1, Init 24-

Kyson will double move to climb down the rope. Climb check above.

He'll move behind Silvio as usual.

I'm probably pretty safe now.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Round 1, Init 20

Dargon Dolgrinson wrote:
Dargon climbs down the rope 10 feet, and then, hearing Sekathral's subtle alarm, slow falls down (20 feet) and lands with a roll acrobatics 1d20+9 to overcome the final 10 feet.

On his turn, Dargon still does the above.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Kyson: 27
Zstelian: 24
Antagonist: 23
Dargon: 20
Khazmia: 16
Sekathral: 12
Silvio: 7

As Kyson shimmies carefully down the rope, Zstelian throws a pair of javelins, hitting one of the women, who screeches in pain, and then does so again as she's slashed by Kayle's talons. 19 hp

The women screech as whatever spell they were apparently trying to cast fails. Each turns her eye on one of the nearest foes and Silvio suddenly feels a strange nebulous distress and gnawing sense of impending doom staggered due to curse, though Sekathral and Kayle are able to shake off the gaze's effects.

Dargon drops down to the ground, followed by Khazmia, who takes the safer route via the rope, as the sailors duck back from the edge, clearly not interested in risking their lives.

Sekathral's bolt flies true, hitting one of the women, as Silvio steps forward and, despite his own unease, makes his speech, after which he can see the center hag shuffle back, clearly concerned by the foes arrayed against them.

Mechanics:

Kayle save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Concentration: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Kayle Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Sekathral Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Silvio Will: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Victim determination: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Hag 1: 19
Hag 2: shaken
Hag 3: 4

Map Sorry; I know it's hard to read. 10-foot squares.

Anyone looking at the hags from within 60 feet of them:

Make a Fort save DC 14 or take 1d6 Strength damage.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

The map link does not take me to a map, but back where I started. Is this some foul magic of the hags?

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Flicker was giving me issues. Hit post and then had to go back in to edit in the URL.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 2, Init 27

"Uhm...we should probably kill them. I don't like the way they are looking at me."

Kyson grabs his holy symbol and says the spellprayer of *Bless*.

Bless is +1 to attack rolls and +1 to fear effects...like ones from the gaze of the hags! If you forget this bonus and fall prey, Kyson is going to be sad.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 8 - 22/74 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +4, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Perception +15

Round 2, Init 24

Zstelian pulls another javelin and hurls it at the wounded hag before beginning his descent.

Javelin /w bless -range: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Kayle does another raking pass.

Flyby Claw /w bless: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Round 2, Init 20
HP 43/43, Ki Pool 5/5
AC 18, touch 17, flat-footed 15
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell effects, +2 vs. enchantment)
CMD 24

Dargon charges in to battle swinging his new handaxe high overhead, but as soon as he reaches a hag, he comes in with a headbutt, in an attempt to stun the hag.

Single Attack - Unarmed
ATT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 + Stunning Fist (DC 15)
DMG Unarmed: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 2
Stats:
AC 20,T 16, FF 15; HP 47/47; Fort +5, Ref +14, Will +4

Round 2, init 12, AC 19, HP 24/24

Fort save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 vs DC 14 1d6 ⇒ 4 Str damage

Sekathral rocks back on his heels, appalled by the sight in front of his eyes, then leaps into action in an attempt to wipe out the horrific trio.

Acrobatics to get into a flank 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20, then Attk, against the nearest hag 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20 Dmg 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (5, 5) = 16


Human Free Hand Fighter 8, 39/68 hit points, AC 23;F8/R6/W1, Perception -1

Fort save to look at the hideous hags: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21 (+1 bless) vs 14 == no str damage \o/

Round 2, initiative 7
ac 21, touch 14, fleet-footed 17
fort +5, ref +4, will +0
cmd 20 (21 vs disarm)
hp 36/36
effects: staggered

Silvio tries to steel himself as much as possible, but his head swirls from the evil hags' spell. He runs forward to engage the witches. "Bring cloth or a canvas so we might cover these hideous visages up!" he calls back to his allies.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

round 2, Init 16

Khamia casts expeditious retreat then runs up closer.

fort save vs ugly: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 111d6 ⇒ 1

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, wasn't clear; you only have to save vs. the hags' horrific visages one time.

Round 2:

Kyson: 27
Zstelian: 24
Antagonist: 23
Dargon: 20
Khazmia: 16
Sekathral: 12
Silvio: 7

Kysons calls down Sarenrae's blessing even as he feels his own strength deserting him as he steals a glance at his foes. 5 Str damage

Zstelian's third javelin strikes home 7 hp as the old Varisian slides down the rope to the shore below.

Injured, the hag retreats, followed by her sisters, into the tunnel of the cave. As Dargon rushes in, one of them glances at him and he feels his courage shake a little as he's filled with a sense of foreboding. staggered Despite that, he's able to hit the hag, though she's able to shake off the worst of its effects. 6 hp

Khazmia feels her own limbs go weak as she nears their foe, with Silvio at her side. Sekathral also charges up, his blade flashing, though he can't get behind the women. He draws blood 6 hp, but she slashes back, her claws finding deep purchase in the elf's rib cage as she cackles madly. 16 hp

Mechanics:

Kyson save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d6 ⇒ 5

Dargon save: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24

Dargon save: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Hag save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Hag attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Hag crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16

Hag 1: 26
Hag 2: 12
Hag 3: 4


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 8 - 22/74 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +4, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Perception +15

Round 3, Init 24

Zstelian finishes his decent and tosses another javelin.

Javelin w/ Bless -range: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"Don't follow them in!", the old ranger shouts.

Kayle swoops by again on the hag Zstelian had been pelting.

Flyby w/ Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Can we get a new map Mott? Distances are important for Zstelian.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, I'm at work. No Photoshop here.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 8 - 22/74 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +4, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Perception +15

Well whenever you can.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 3, Init 27

Kyson stumbles. Kyson bumbles. Kyson moves 20' closer...his legs unable to carry his load.

"What the poop!? My legs...feel...weak..."

Why can't we find nice damsels to save? Why are we fighting ugly hags? They are so hideous they drain my very will to live.

Wait. Sarenrae provides.

Kyson holds up his holy symbol, beseeching Sarenrae for aid.

Cast Ant Haul, FTW! Back to moving at 30'.

Ain't no woman going to slow me down, ain't no woman going to break my stride. Oh no, I've got to keep on moving.

Kyson will avert his eyes from the hags.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 2
Stats:
AC 20,T 16, FF 15; HP 47/47; Fort +5, Ref +14, Will +4

Round 3, init 12, AC 19, HP 8/24

"Oh, you f***ing old..."

Sekathral retreats slightly 5ft step to avoid AoO and drinks his potion of CMW replacement HP: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Round 3, init 16

"Oh no you don't!" Aiming carefully, Khaz cups her hand into the form of a shovel, drawing the very matter from the material plane to drop the hags into the interdimensional pocket left behind. She is careful, placing the pit to capture the hideous things(or as many of them as possible) while leaving solid ground beneath the feet of her friends.

casts create pit (DC 16 negates falling in)


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Round 3, Init 20
HP 43/43, Ki Pool 5/5
AC 18 (22), touch 17 (21), flat-footed 15, (fighting defensively w/ crane style)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell effects, +2 vs. enchantment)
CMD 24 (28)
Conditions: Staggered

motte:
The save bonus in () are not taken into account in the base save numbers. I bring it up because it looks like you subtracted them out of Dargon's Fort and Will saves.

Staggered by the monsterous hag, Dargon sends out a protective kick and enters the dwarf's crane stance as his instincts take over.

Single Attack - Unarmed
ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 20 + Stunning Attack (Fort DC 15)
DMG: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Map


Human Free Hand Fighter 8, 39/68 hit points, AC 23;F8/R6/W1, Perception -1

Round 3, initiative 7
ac 21, touch 14, fleet-footed 17
fort +5, ref +4, will +0
cmd 20 (21 vs disarm)
hp 36/36
effects:

"Have at thee!", Silvio says and stabs vigorously the closest hag.

Standard action to attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 20 (+1 bless, -2 combat expertise), damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6)

Unless the two closest falls into the pit, in which case...

Silvio looks befundled at the pit conjured up before him, then turns to Kazhmia. "Why would you do that? Now the hideous creatures, an affront to the female form, are down there safe from Silvio's blade." The chelaxian looks genuinely puzzled.

Take a step back from the edge so they can't target me with any "must see target" spells.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Silvio Callgari Pazzi wrote:

Silvio looks befundled at the pit conjured up before him, then turns to Kazhmia. "Why would you do that? Now the hideous creatures, an affront to the female form, are down there safe from Silvio's blade." The chelaxian looks genuinely puzzled.

Take a step back from the edge so they can't target me with any "must see target" spells.

"You're free to climb in with them, Silvio. I just didn't want to keep chasing after you chasing after them."My mistake, you pompous son of a peacock!


Human Free Hand Fighter 8, 39/68 hit points, AC 23;F8/R6/W1, Perception -1

"You place the magical pit trap behind them of course. Trap them with Silvio. It is only common sense."

Of course this conversation only takes place if the closest two hags miss their reflex save and fall in

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Dargon, sorry, I did miss your save bonuses; ignore the staggered effect. If you want to make a full attack, just add it into your next post.

Round 3:

Kyson: 27
Zstelian: 24
Antagonist: 23
Dargon: 20
Khazmia: 16
Sekathral: 12
Silvio: 7

As Kyson staggers forward, one of the hags knocks away Zstelian's javelin, though she does take damage from Kayle's talons moments later.

The hags press their attack, one of them slashing Sekathral 7 hp and the other catching Silvio across the chest, though the Chelaxian is able to pull back before she hits anything too vital. 8 hp

The final hag stares at Dargon, and he feels a chill pass through him before he's able to fight it off again, hitting out at one of the hags with a vicious blow that has her blinking furiously as she tries to clear her ugly head.

Khazmia's spell suddenly pulls the ground out from under two of the hags; the one farther back in the cave is able to leap back, but the other falls in with a short scream and then a loud thud.

As Sekathral steps back and drinks his healing potion, Silvio -- his foe now safe from his blade -- slides over and slashes the elf's foe.

Mechanics:

Hag attack: (Sekathral): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Hag attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Hag attack: (Silvio): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Hag confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Hag attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Dargon save: 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 16

Victim determination: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Stun save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

1d2 ⇒ 2
Pit save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Pit save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Hag 1: 26
Hag 2: 29 (stunned)
Hag 3: 12 (in pit)


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 8 - 22/74 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +4, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +7; Perception +15

Round 4, Init 24

Zstelian advances only to recoil as the hags come closer into view.

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Gathering his courage, the old ranger hurls another javelin at the closest hag.

Javelin w/ Bless -range: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Kayle swoops by and rakes the same target.

Flyby w/ Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 8
Stats:
HP:59/59AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 4, Init 27

Thanks to the strength of Sarenrae, Kyson moves another 30' towards the ugliness (no, not talking about Seka's fighting skills...the hags). Kyson should be 50' closer than on last map.

When he gets there, Kyson will try to catch two of the hags in a Sound Burst.

Kyson will hold his holy symbol up and give the hags a heavely shouting. (Fort Save DC17) vs Stunning.

1d8 ⇒ 5 Sonic Damage

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 4 (top):

Kyson: 27
Zstelian: 24
Antagonist: 23
Dargon: 20
Khazmia: 16
Sekathral: 12
Silvio: 7

Zstelian's javelin again goes wide, but Kayle again is able to land a blow on the hags.

A loud boom seems to rock the hags, and the one in the rear of the tunnel, behind the pit, turns and runs deeper, away from the melee. The remaining hag on the surface seems stunned, unable to react after Dargon's blow and the blast of noise.

Mechanics:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Hag 1: 31 (fleeing)
Hag 2: 38(stunned)
Hag 3: 12 (in pit)


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 2
Stats:
AC 20,T 16, FF 15; HP 47/47; Fort +5, Ref +14, Will +4

Round 3, init 12, AC 19, HP 11/24

Unless someone beats him to it...

Sekathral sidles behind the stunned hag and finishes her off.

Full round action to CdG - Dmg: 2d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 + (1, 3) = 11. If I can't perform a coup de grace, Attk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

So, in other words, I hope I can. Kyson was right about my fighting skills (bursts into tears).


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Round 4, Init 20
HP 43/43, Ki Pool 5/5
AC 18 (22), touch 17 (21), flat-footed 15, (fighting defensively w/ crane style)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell effects, +2 vs. enchantment)
CMD 24 (28)
Conditions: Staggered

I think Dargon correctly failed. I was just pointing out the numbers were off.

Dargon lets powerful jab, hoping to keep the hag too dizzy to act.

Single Attack - Unarmed
ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 11 + Stunning Fist (DC 15)
DMG Unarmed: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Human Free Hand Fighter 8, 39/68 hit points, AC 23;F8/R6/W1, Perception -1

Round 3, initiative 7
ac 23, touch 16, fleet-footed 17
fort +5, ref +4, will +0
cmd 20 (21 vs disarm)
hp 28/36
effects: combat expertise, bless

If the hag is still up when my turn comes then...
Silvio attacks the hag with a series of well placed stabs.

Standard action to attack the hag: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 27 (+1 bless, -2 combat expertise), damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 22 (+1 bless, -2 combat expertise), damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

12 damage crit. Silvio is a combat monster!

If not
"A wise descision!" he calls after the screaming hag. "Were your hideous cousins as wise as you they would still keep their lives." Then he turns to Khazmia and gestures to the pit. "You can do something about this? Either close it or let the awful being up so Silvio might end her existance?"

2,951 to 3,000 of 5,945 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.