Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Farshore map


2,601 to 2,650 of 6,426 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 4
Silvio and Dargon can't find the mark with their attacks, but Kayle's claw and beak do a share of damage, as does Dargon's axe, which drops his foe.

The last of the creatures in the atrium swings its club at Kayle, but misses.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Khaz, you can take your Round 4 action, which if it does more than 7 hp will put the frogman down.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson hustles to the manor.

I hope I get to save the damsel!


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Assuming Khaz or Silvio doesn't drop him:

Round 5, Init 16

Hearing the thud of Dargon's foe hitting the ground, Zstelian rushes forward drawing his falchion along the way.

Falchion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
Confirming: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Additional Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

With the last frog-man dispatched, Zstelian quickly gathers his embedded armaments from fallen.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Khaz races up the wall with her fancy climbing slippers until she can get a decent shot without one of her companions being in the way, shooting an acidic ray at the frog man.

ranged touch attack:1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

After round 5 is over..

Sekathral lopes into the mansion, looking around him at the gore and entrails spattered all over its genteel interior.

"F**k me bow-legged, we can't leave you bastards alone for a second, can we? What's going on?"


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Dargon makes gestures to signal to the elf to quiet down, then stands motionless, obviously listening for something...

Do we hear anything drawing us to a specific part of the mansion?

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

We need to head toward Liviana's bedroom. There are more assassins in there with her.

After recovering his weaponry, Zstelian pulls his wand and hits himself with it a few times.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"That way", Zstelian says pointing towards the bedroom.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Have Kyson and Seka caught up yet?


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Pleased to have yet another enemy fallen beneath his feet Silvio gifts the atrium with another pearly smile. But knowing the situation that's about all the time he wastes before heroically scaling the stairs that lead to the upper floor. "There must be more of those creatures. To the Vanderboren bedroom!" he announces and darts towards the bedroom of Lavinia Vanderboren, stopping for nothing (but more monsters) on the way.

Once there, he tries to kick in the door: (str check if necessary: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6)
I really hope that a check isn't necessary....

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry for the delay ... And, yes, by the end of the fight the party has all made it into the atrium.

Dargon, you can hear what sounds like barking coming from the south, likely the three mastiffs you've all run into before at the manor.

Possibly pending whatever you do about the dogs...
Racing up the stairs, Silvio kicks the door open, fortunately not using his full strength so it doesn't bounce back off the wall.

None have you been in Lavinia's room before, but tall windows overlook the city of Eleder to the west and south from the spacious room, which features a large, four-poster bed made with frilly, lacy sheets and heaped with pillows.

Several of the sheets and pillows lie scattered across the floor, and a bloody handprint with webbed fingers mars the wall near the door; additional bloodstains and muddy footprints stain the carpet in places. A dead frogman lies slumped against a desk in the northwest corner of the room.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian looks around in confusion.

Are the windows open?

"Kayle, where are they? Show us girl."

***

Edit: Or I could ask the dogs.

Zstelian pauses, realizing he's never used this new gift on the Vanderboren hounds before.

"Where is Liviana?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Dogs are downstairs. Unless you're going back down after finding the bedroom open. Windows are NOT open in Lavinia's room.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Okay, I'll deal with the dogs after we search the room then.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Speaking of dogs, Motte, how is yours? All okay, I hope?

Kyson arrives at the manor and yells for Liviana, his voice cracking with concern after seeing the frogpeople massacre.

Finally catching up to Silvio, Kyson regains some of his cool.

Okay...now I just need to follow him. Perfect.

Kyson aids in the search for Liviana.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Dargon’s senses heighten at the apparent tragedy as he looks for clues as to what happened to Lavinia.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 +2 stone work


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral helps Dargon inspect the room.

Aid another/Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Haven't heard back from the vet, where she's spent the last two nights yet, but I'm expecting to get to pick her up soon. Thanks for asking!

Obviously there was a battle, but it's hard to make out the details -- you see a lot of muddy footprints coming and going as well as several signs of swords at play. Clearly, Lavinia was not captured easily, but you think she was alive when she was taken from the room.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Damn", Zstelian growls.

The Varisian storms out the room and back down the stairs to the barking dogs.

Try talking to the dogs now.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"I think she's in the basement! Who thinks she's in the basement!?" Kyson grasps at straws, trying to help.

"Maybe we should start from the bottom and work our way up? Or top down?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Zstelian opens the door to the kennels, revealing the three mastiffs -- Leshton, Ealia and Kurz -- who growl furiously at the site. Their hackles up, they seem surprised as the Varisian growls back in a way they can understand, but it doesn't seem as if they're ready to trust this stranger.

Zstelian handle animal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

I was under the impression that Zstelian had interacted with the dogs before and in any case would have taken 10.

"You know my scent. Calm down."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"The basement? Actually that isn't a bad idea. The basement may be damp. Don't frogs like damp?"

While talking, Khaz helps the other looks for clues in the room first.

Aid another/Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"That's probably where the buggers came in, unless some t*t let them in the front door. There's sod all in here, anyway, so we might as well try elsewhere."

EDIT: Are we all going with Zsetelian?


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

That works for me.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I assumed you all went with Zstelian back to the first floor.

The dogs settle as they realize who's at the door. However, they prove to be of little help, especially as Tosh keeps looking out from his perch on the Varisian's shoulder.

Bark woof growl -- ROOF! -- whine woof woof grrr -- ROOF! -- snarl arooo whine -- ROOF!

Mastiff:

Is Food girl in -- FERRET! -- trouble. We smell stinky frogs -- FERRET! -- but were stuck in sleeping place and couldn't help -- FERRET!


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian tries to remain calm despite the hounds' difficulty to focus on the task at hand.

He opens the door wide and steps aside.

"Do you have her scent? Show us where the stinky frogs took her."

He's encouraging them to track her with scent. He'll take 10 with handle animal if necessary.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The dogs cast about for a bit, but Lavinia's scent covers far too much of the house for them to hone in on a trail. They seem eager to accompany you, though, if you can find her.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Well that was disappointing. Was Kayle just as confused when we went into the bedroom and she wasn't there? He'd asked her in this post.

Zstelian returns to the scene of the crime and looks for clues/tracks.

Taking 10 on Perception and Survival to track.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, missed that.

Kayle seemed frustrated at the question, as if she doesn't know how to get to where she saw Lavinia from the bedroom you were in.

The frogmen tracks cover far too much, going into all the upstairs rooms, to figure out exactly what order they were made in, but you do see some spots of blood on the other bedroom doors.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson, frustrated with not finding Lavinia, decides that *his* plan is the best...and runs to the basement.

"I bet she's down there...we used to hide in the basement of the monastery all the time."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian tries to help Kayle figure it out.

"Was it up?", he asks while pointing towards the ceiling.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"Well, Kyson, we sure aren't making any pro...Kyson, where are you going???" Khaz runs after Kyson, catching up as they reach the basement.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Oi! Come back 'ere!"

Sekathral yells at Kyson in an attempt to stop him running off.

"I bet this place is crawling with bleeding frogmen. Somebody fetch that lad back before he ends up filling out some croaker's slimy belly"

Sekathral will stay with Zstelian until the ranger's worked out what's what, occupying himself by making an infernal device out of a flask of alchemist's fire, a thunderstone and some caltrops, all held together with strips of cloth from the curtains. However, if needed to help search, he'll do that instead

Craft (untrained) - take 10, so 14, or Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19, as required.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Sheesh, that's loyalty, Sekathral!
Seka: "I'm going to stay behind to loot bodies."
Kyson: "I watch out for you!"
...
Kyson: "I'm going down to save the damsel!"
Seka: "Have fun running towards certain doom! I'm going stay here and play ElfGuyver!"

Kyson continues to the basement, his excitement overriding his fear.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Bah. You knew that there were going to be boobies, otherwise you'd've been off like a shot. Besides, this time you've got a genuine Andoran were-ankheg looking after you!

Sekathral glowers in the direction of Kyson's retreating footsteps, still putting together his home-made bomb.

"Has he just been caught short, or what? Zstelian - those look like pure-bred cleric hounds. Can't you send one of them off to round him up and bring him back, or are we going to have to go after him?"


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian looks frustrated.

"Kayle knows where they are. She's just having trouble explaining it. Nest-room?"


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Silvio looks in surprise as Kyson sprints away. "Silvio admires the young boy's enthusiasm. You try and find out where the giant frogs are keeping the lady Vanderboren, and Silvio will go and fetch Kyson", he says to Zstelian and darts after Kyson.

When i can reach him Silvio will try and trip Kyson (unless there's enemies about): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

"I always say, when in doubt trust the priest." Dargon states as he goes after Kyson.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As Sekathral and Zstelian return to the top floor, the rest of the group follows Kyson toward the basement.

Silvio reacts quickly, but Kyson is perhaps surprisingly even faster as he races toward the basement entrance, with Dargon and Khazmia following behind them both.

They catch up as the young priest opens the door to the trophy hall, which features many hunting prizes, all well-preserved by taxidermy. Great saber-toothed cats, a crouching deinonychus, a bloated toad the size of a pony, and a strange badger-like creature with golden fur and eight legs round out a menagerie of more mundane leopards, wolves and bears. The carpet in this room is terribly stained with mud, especially around a door in the northeast corner of the room.

Kyson stops short as he notices three more frog-like creatures hiding behind the huge toad, and a strange "blourp" noise precedes three thrown axes. Kyson and Silvio are in the doorway to room 6, with the other two right behind them. Kyson can act first in the surprise round; then they'll get a chance to go before Round 1

Mechanics:

Kyson Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Silvio Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Kyson Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Silvio Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

INITIATIVES
Dargon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Khazmia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Frogmen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round Surprise!

"ERP!!!" Kyson lets out a *little* yelp of surprise at the sight of the unexpected frogs.

"They're here!!"

Kyson will slam the doors shut with his surprise action.

* * *
Round 1

In theory, Kyson won Init and should go again.

"They're right there, Silvio! Sarenrae's blessings upon you!"

Kyson will hastily cast Shield of Faith on Silvio and the move back behind the table in Room 12 (which is where I assume was are).

+2 to your AC Silvio for 4 minutes.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, no, you're in the hallway in Room 1. But you can choose not to be in Initiative, if you want as you were able to slam the door shut in time.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

I think that works fine. I can still slam the door, yell, protect Silvio and hide, right? That's pure Kyson right there. Let's see what happens next.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Round 1, Init 5?
HP 28/43, Ki Pool 5/5
AC 18 (24), touch 17 (23), flat-footed 15, (full def w/ crane style)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell effects, +2 vs. enchantment)
CMD 24 (30)

"I'll draw their fire." Dargon suggest to Silvio.

Dargon waits to sync actions with Silvio. Then he walk ins, taking a full defensive.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Round 1, initiative 24
ac 24, touch 14, fleet-footed 16
fort +5, ref +4, will +0
cmd 20 (21 vs disarm)
hp 20/36
effects: total defence

Silvio looks at Kyson with a stunned look of surprise. "What are you doing?", he asks the cleric and gestures wildly. "Why did you close the door? Now the enemies are shut inside. How are they supposed to be defeated by Silvio in there?"

The chelaxian shoves Kyson aside, places himself in the doorway and opens the door, ready to face whatever the frogmen can throw at him.

Move action to open the door
Total defence as a standard action


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"Oh Thank you, Silvio. Always the gentleman...." Khaz catches up (hopefully) with just enough time to see Silvio open the door, with enough expeditiousy retreatness left over to get close enough to color spray(DC15) a bunch of frogmen.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

When Kyson thinks about it, he realizes Silvio is correct.

Yeah. How *are* they supposed to be defeated by Silvio if the door is closed. Can't argue with that logic.

Kyson continues to hide out of sight from thrown axes.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian continues trying to puzzle out with Kayle (and possibly Seka) when this 'nest-room' is.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Attic? Another bedroom? On the roof?"

Sekathral's trying to help.

"Maybe we could walk about a bit and she can tell us if we're getting warm or cold?"


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

LOL, I imagine an animal would have a better sense of up and down than hot or cold.

"Come on girl. You can figure this out."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

This is an elf who divides nature into Stuff He Can Eat and Stuff That Wants to Eat Him, though... Maybe he just feels like a game of Hide & Seek? :)

2,601 to 2,650 of 6,426 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.