Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Farshore map


2,451 to 2,500 of 6,553 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 3:

Kyson: 26
Zstelian: 24
Sekathral: 17
Dargon: 17
Woman: 17
Silvio: 15
Khazmia: 10

Kyson's blast of flame again hits the woman, this time full in the face, drawing another cry of pain. 5 hp

Sekathral stabs the woman in the back with a vicious thrust, his sword emerging from the other side of her shoulder, seemingly not impeded by the bones and tentacles like everyone else's. 11 hp

Despite that, she's able to fend off Dargon's attacks and dodge a thrown dagger from Zstelian, and turns and slashes Sekathral 5 hp, though she can't manage to bite him.

She swipes at Silvio but he's able to avoid the blow and knocks the sword from his hand, as she screams in rage.

Khazmia hits her again with acid, opening up another wound, likely enough to kill her, though she doesn't yet seem to realize the extent of her injuries.

Mechanics:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Zstelian attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Woman: 29


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Round 4, init 17, AC 16, HP 8/18. 1pt con damage, 4 pts str damage

"Oh, you f**king SOW!"

Sekathral decides not to risk any further injuries and somersaults out of harm's way, seeing as their foe looks like she's about to explode...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 5, Init 26

Kyson steps back a bit (to about 20') and takes total defense, hoping the combatants take her out neatly.

Here comes the acid. I hate this part.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Round 5

Zstelian hurls one final dagger and then retreats back a few steps as well.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Round 5, Init 10

assuming the dead woman is still standing, Khaz will try again:

Waiting until everyone is further back, Khaz shoots another acid splash at the crazed perversion of a woman.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 = 151d3 ⇒ 1

of course, if the woman explodes prior to her move, please disregard


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Round 5, initiative 15
ac 20, touch 14, fleet-footed 16
fort +5, ref +4, will +0
cmd 19 (20 vs disarm)
hp 26/28
effects:

Silvio sighs. "If this is what you want Silvio will not argue", he says and delivers a accurate cut to the deformed woman, although most of the blow is absorbed by the woman's though skin.

5ft step if i can step into a flank
Standard action to attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 4:

Kyson: 26
Zstelian: 24
Sekathral: 17
Dargon: 17
Woman: 17
Silvio: 15
Khazmia: 10

Kyson steps back, as does Zstelian after missing with his dagger, and Sekathral, after cursing her to no apparent effect.

Dargon and Silvio keep up the fight, cutting more swaths from the woman. 4 hp total She responds in kind, but appears to be blinded by acidic ooze running into her eyes from her wounds, not even coming close to either of the two men.

Khazmia's blob of acid hits, but the woman still stands.

Mechanics:

1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 21
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8

1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Woman: 34

Sorry, guys, she wasn't quite as close to dead as I perhaps intimated.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 5, Init 26

His clever plan having worked to draw his companions away from the potentially exploding sharkgirl, Kyson seizes upon an opening to toss in his last spout of fire for the day.

1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4 touch t hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 fire damage.

Ugh. That was less good.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Round 6

Zstelian pulls his falchion and charges into the fray (and a flank).

Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 17
Dmg: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Zstelian's hack finds the woman's heart, as she does her now-familiar explode-into-goo death throes. 4 hp, Reflex DC 15 to save for Zstelian, Dargon and Silvio

Surprisingly, her armor -- a nice suit of studded leather -- seems to survive the acid, as does her nice rapier, an emerald cloak clasp and a silver locket.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
1d6 ⇒ 4


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

After the woman explodes, Kyson peers out from over his shield, hoping that no one has also dissolved away.

Noticing the intact armor, Kyson casts Detect Magic and begins to scan the area (including the intact equipment).

"Everyone take a good look around, then let's clear out. We have need to go save her!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The armor does indeed radiate magic, the only thing in the room that does.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Zstelian dodges the worst of the blast.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"Oh, but those are pretty." murmurs Khaz, picking up the clasp and locket carefully. "But Kyson is correct, we should be on our way."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Perception, just to check we're not missing anything - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 - then full steam ahead for Eleder?

" "My love", she said... I wonder who she was?", muses Sekathral


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Once the party is aboard the ship again, Zstelain and Tosh take a look at the buckler and rapier.

Was there any other items that needed IDing?

Zstelian - buckler: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Tosh - buckler: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Zstelian - rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Tosh - rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Just when you'd think we've seen da last o' them, they keep coming. The sooner we get off this island da better for both da lass and ourselves."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson nods to Dargon in agreement, even as he tries to identify the magicks in the armor.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Spellcraft

"Let's get out of here."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You make your way through the jungle, the sounds of various fights -- birds and monkeys -- occasionally breaking the nighttime stillness.

Making your way carefully down the cliffs, you return to the ship, which is waiting for you. As you climb aboard, the captain shakes his head at the filth and wounds covering you. "Glad I stayed here safe," you hear him mutter.

He gets you settled and in the morning weighs anchor.

The buckler is a masterwork darkwood buckler, while the rapier you took from the woman is masterwork and the studded leather armor is +1. The previous rapier you found, with the bronze hilt in the shape of a griffon, is +1 thundering

Zstelian, I'm going to need a Fortitude save, come morning.

It's a 16-hour trip, so let me know if you want to role-play at all during it. I assume everyone will rest for 8 hours at least. Also, everyone can go up to level 4!


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

It's morning!?! OH BOY!

As usual, Kyson rises before the sun rises and casts about on the boat for a good spot to pray to the rising sun.

As he is getting settled in, Kyson realizes that he has forgotten something and goes to find Sekathral...and tries to nudge him awake with a gentle shake.

"Time for prayer, Sekathral." Kyson says nicely.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Gzzmph! Mrbrmburbur! F**k me, they've grown during the night, Nancy. Come on, love - WUH?! Boarders away! Oh, it's you."

Sekathral drops the dagger he'd been snatching from underneath his pillow and gets up very slowly. "Prayer", he says to himself, dolefully. "Alright then. Let's get it over with"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson initially smiles as Sekathral wakes, but then his face takes a serious tone as Seka's language gets colorful.

"We're going to go pray now, and you're going to pray really good and keep it nice for Sarenrae. You understand?!" Kyson asks as he leads Sekathral to a place where they can both see the morning sun.

Kyson kneels and waits for Sekathral to do the same.

"You have to remember, Sekathral, that Sarenrae wants nothing but the best for you. She was you to be warm and happy and to grow. That's why she gave us the sun...to show us all the beauty that the light holds. We should pray to her and then we'll see about getting you fixed up."

Kyson presses his palms out to the sun, as if trying to warm his hands by the sun. He wait for Seka to do the same before beginning prayer...


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Zstelian sleeps fitfully tossing and turning throughout the night.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Gorblimey. Just as well none of my mates are about...

Sekathral resigns himself to his fate, assuming the required position and following Kyson's lead, trying very hard to be cooperative.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

After Sekathral assumes the position, Kyson begins to chant the morning prayer, pausing every pair of lines for Sekathral to repeat.

Great sun, wheel of fire, Sarenrae in your glory,
hear me as I honor you

Pause for Sekathral.

on this, the shortest day of the year.
Summer has gone, passed us by,

Pause for Sekathral.

the fields are dead and cold,
all of earth sleeps in your absence.

Pause for Sekathral.

Even in the darkest times,
you light the way for those who would need a beacon,

Pause for Sekathral.

of hope, of brightness,
shining in the night.

Pause for Sekathral.

Winter is here, and colder days coming,
the fields are bare and the livestock thin.

Pause for Sekathral.

We light these candles in your honor,
that you might gather your strength

Pause for Sekathral.

and bring life back to the world.
O Sarenrae, mighty sun above us,

Pause for Sekathral.

we ask you to return, to bring back to us
the light and the warmth of your fire.

Pause for Sekathral.

Bring life back to earth,
Bring light back to earth.

On the last verse, Kyson says it again, adding his voice to Sekathrals.

Hail Sarenrae! Ruler of the sun!

Kyson awaits Sekathral to complete the prayer before moving to the next step.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral repeats each couplet after Kyson, trying to keep his mind on the task at hand, not always successfully.

A peek up Sekathral's nostrils:

Bloody hell. And some people do this every day... F**k me, I'm hungry. Bet there's nothing to eat, too. I'll have to see if I can catch something... I wish I was back in the land of cotton, feeling up me old girl's bottom, haul away, haul away, haul away, Nancy O! I'm glad I'm not in Cheliax, hooray, hooray... My knees must be getting dirty. Dirtier, I mean... Nice new sword, though. Went through that last freak like butter... I'll sell the other one, back in Sargava. Sargava... Oh yeah! Heh!

An Ifrit who lived in Sargava
Once pleasured himself with a guava
He shouted out "Bueno!"
Then came like a volcano
In a boiling eruption of lava

"Guavas! Er, HAIL SARENRAE! RULER OF THE SUN!"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson sits in silent meditation for a few more minutes after Sekathral finishes, feeling the morning sun on his face and offering private devotions to Sarenrae.

...and one greased halfling. Amen.

Kyson will open his eyes and look at Sekathral.

"Don't you almost feel better already, Sekathral?" Kyson smiles and feels at peace.

Kyson grabs his scribing kit and creates a small space for him to work...and begins to scribe a scroll using the prayers that Sarenrae had given him.

Scribe scroll of Lesser Restoration, Lesser Restoration. -150gp

"Come back in two hours, Sekathral. We'll get you fixed up then."

Forgive the delay, I think it's better this way. What's ya say? It'll make your day.

* * *

When Kyson is finished his scribing, he will call over Sekathral for the healing.

"Okay, Sekathral, this will take about 18 seconds. While I'm casting this spell, you'll need to chant with me for maximum effect. I suppose the louder you are, the more likely you are to be fully cured. Please recite the following as I work on healing you."

"Oh watta!"
"See-LAY!"
"Goo!"
"Siam!

Kyson makes sure that Seka has the chant down pat before he begins the spell.

Kyson casts Lesser Restoration. 3 rounds to cast...Seka, you'll need to chant 3 times!

When Seka has chanted 3 times, Kyson will finish the Lesser Restoration.

Sekathral, I'll let you roll the 1d4 and determine what stat you want to be healed. It will truly determine how well/much Sarenrae heard your devotions. :)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Zstelian, when you wake, you're more hungry than ever, your need to eat making it hard to think about anything else! You're not really aware of it, but your skin has become bonier, with little fleshy filaments sprouting in several places.

6 Int damage; ouch!

1d6 ⇒ 6

Kyson, you might want to save some of those lesser restorations!


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Ah yes, the Siamese national anthem, as taught to most of the kids in the family by my late Grandpa...

Sekathral knows that prayer by heart. To the tune of God Save the Queen, if you feel like singing along...

"Oh wa ta na Siam
Oh wa ta na Siam
Phooket and see"
(x3)

1d4 ⇒ 2, which will go on Strength. And I know it's not spelled Phooket, but you get self-censored if you write P+@&et. Who knew?


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Bah! Where are my superpowers!? Where's the DR 5/-!

Zstelian grows increasing forlorn as hours pass. Finding himself, incredibly famished he devours the rations he brought along but still hungers. Tosh, tries to get the old ranger to sit down and practice his magical incantations but all the Varisian can do is think about food.

In a panic, the weasel scurries across the ship and tugs on Kyson's pant leg with his little paws. In his mouth is a tiny folded piece of paper.

Note:
Zstelian is very sick. Help him!


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Khaz bares her head and tips her face to the sun as Kyson goes about his prayers, murmuring her own set of prayers to the Lady of Light, "....Blessed Redeemer, hear our cries....forgive us our sins and burn not our hearts to an ashy crisp...let your forgiveness torch the sacrilege from the tongues of the faithful, and those that still wander in the sands of despair, but set aflame the knowledge of your wisdom within their soul."

Realizing that some of that was said aloud, Khaz coughs and dons her hat once more, leaving the rest of the salvaging of Seka's soul to priest.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson listens to Khaz's prayers with an ear that quickly becomes two as her words and her meanings wander into his mind.

Waaa?

"Uhm, Khaz, uh, who are you praying to?"

* * *

Kyson smiles at Sekathral as his strength returns.

"See Seka? You're all better now, right? The light has purged the evil from you?! See? Sarenrae is your friend...and while I'm not asking you to worship her, I just think you should know that she never ever means you harm and just wants you to find the warmth of the sun in your travels. So maybe you can be nice to her and she can be nice to you, okay?"

Kyson hums as he walks away from Seka, only pausing to make a note in his diary that he did something else.

Soon. Soon, I'll be back in the monastery.

* * *
Kyson takes the note from the weasel and reads it, then looks around to see if anyone is laughing at him.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Perception

Realizing that he is alone and still wondering how a weasel can write a note, Kyson decides to find Zstelian to ask what is wrong.

...

"Oh, I see. I wish I didn't see, but I think I do." Kyson, realizing that he's talking in front of the patient, changes course and tries to keep a brave face up for Zstelian.

Kyson begins to examine Zstelian.

"Oh, is this all you're worried about?" Kyson begins to prod his thickening skin and flesh.

"This here? This is probably just a mosquito bite."
Oh man, is he screwed.

"This is totally normal. Maybe it's the 'down there' itches."
Oh man, we should end him now.

Kyson resists the urge to throw up...instead forcing a smile.

"This fleshy bit? That's just natural evolution. Lots of animals evolve."
Oh man, this is bad.

"Yeah, it's completely expected when you're fighting off a cold to grow a few extra limbs."
This ain't good.

Kyson pokes at Zstelian's tongue and looks in his ears.

"Yep. You're going to be fine."
I want to vomit. But maybe not on him.
What? It might help. It can't hurt. The vomit would make him easier to look at.
Shush you!

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Heal check

After finishing his diagnosis, Kyson will excuse himself from Zstelian and the weasel.

"Uhm...I'm going to go prepare some spells that will make you better. I think. Uh...wait right here and don't eat anybody. Or the weasel. Please."

Kyson will bust out his scribing kit and begin another 2 hour session of scribing.

Scribe another scroll of Lesser Restoration & Lesser Restoration.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian tries his best to ignore the rumbling in his stomach as Kyson examines him. Young priest wouldn't taste good anyway. Too tender...

Snapping himself out the dark thought, the old ranger does what he can to remain lucid while Kyson sees to his scribing.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Khazmia Makuhuzdia wrote:
Kyson Tirc wrote:
Kyson listens to Khaz's prayers with an ear that quickly becomes two as her words and her meanings wander into his mind.

Waaa?

"Uhm, Khaz, uh, who are you praying to?"

* * *

"Hmmm? Oh to Saranrae, Our Lady of Light, of course." She looks at Kyson a oddly, her tusks jutting forward a little as her brow draws low. Maybe he thinks she won't listen to me because I'm... a princess.

Raising her chin a defiantly, she continues, "I really think she heard me too. Maybe she won't turn Seka's parts to Jerky today."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14
Khazmia Makuhuzdia wrote:
"Hmmm? Oh to Saranrae, Our Lady of Light, of course."

Kyson, having so many more worries (like Zstelian's scribing weasel), lets this pass, unable to comprehend it fully.

Uhm...I think I misheard.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Tosh continually pesters Kyson during his scribing, tugging on his pant leg, dragging inks over to him, and staring at him expectantly with a look that says, Are you done yet?


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4
Khaz wrote:
"I really think she heard me too. Maybe she won't turn Seka's parts to Jerky today."

"Spicy and chewy, as a dozen Bloodcove whores will happily confirm", mutters Sekathral under his breath sorry, after which he slopes off to try and catch some fish for brekkers.

Survival (untrained) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson returns and casts Lesser Restoration, this time forgoing the "Oh watta" chantery.

1d4 ⇒ 4 ability restoration

Kyson rolls up his other scroll and does another check of Zstelian to see how he is doing.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Heal

If you get to hungry there, fella, remember elf...it's the other white meat. Very tasty. Kyson offers a quiet prayer.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kyson, you think that scroll helped a lot, but he's still clearly caught up in the ravages of the disease that's causing this affliction.

i.e. by my reading, lesser restoration doesn't actually remove the disease, just treats the symptoms. You'll need to cast remove disease to prevent Zstelian from needing to make any more saves.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14
motteditor wrote:
i.e. by my reading, lesser restoration doesn't actually remove the disease, just treats the symptoms. You'll need to cast remove disease to prevent Zstelian from needing to make any more saves.

Totally agree. We're treating the symptoms until he gets that sweet sweet DR/5 that he's been dreaming of. :)

Kyson looks over Zstelian, hopeful for a bit of sympomatic recovery.

"Are you there, Zstelian? Are you doing better? Please don't eat me."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Sekathral wrote:
Khaz wrote:
"I really think she heard me too. Maybe she won't turn Seka's parts to Jerky today."
"Spicy and chewy, as a dozen Bloodcove whores will happily confirm", mutters Sekathral under his breath

Rolling her eyes, Khaz stalks off to the other side of the ship. It'd serve him right if Saraenrae *did* turn his parts to jerky. The man has no couth! None!

Watching both Sekathral and Zstelian, the poor princess sighs quietly to herself. what did I ever do to be cast out among these savages?

Sekathral wrote:
sorry...

*lol* Pirate.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian puts a hand to his head as his mind works to put itself back in order.

"Yes, that did help. Thank you boy."

"I'll try to not eat you", he offers half-heartily as he wanders off to go lay down again.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Silvio wakes up late looking refreshed. He walks up to the ships railing and relieves himself while whistling a jolly tune. Once he's done he turns to the first person he sees with a wide smile. "Silvio can see that the tide has turned. Now we sail for Elender and the lady Vanderboren", he proclaims.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Dargon appears to have not slept much if at all...

He is probably just worried about if they'll get back in time. Although anyone paying close enough attention notices that he doesn't stay far from the center of the boat.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The 16 hours pass -- interminably for some of you, in a flash for others -- as the ship makes its way back from Kraken's Cove to Eleder. As you get close, you see bright lights emanating from the city despite the darkness. A momentary concern that somehow the same fate the cove suffered has stricken the city fades as you hear sounds of merriment coming over the water.

Knowledge (local) DC 10:

The famed Saragava Chalice -- one of Garund’s longest-running and most prestigious sporting events -- is about to begin. A marathon-like competition, this footrace spans multiple days, in which competitors traverse dense jungles and scramble over mountain passes.

Sounds like people are done with on-ship role-playing. Feel free to continue, though, if you want.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 75/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian Common Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Tosh Common Knowledge: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Zstelian stares at lights in confusion before Tosh speaks up.

"The Saragava Chalice must have begun. How exciting!"

As soon as we're docked Zstelian is going to stumble into the nearest temple and beg for treatment.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson plots his first moments off the ship, talking to Khaz.

"It's too bad we don't have time to sell or sort our gear, but we have to save the Lady. We must stop by at the Church of the Sun, however, lest I fear that Zstelian won't make it. He needs to be cured...I don't know how long I can keep him from devolving into something bad, like the the Uglysaurus, or the Sharkwoman, or that stupid simpering Pirate Harliss." Kyson spits out the last name.

"I know it's going to take a bit of time to get the scroll...and maybe another wand, but we can't continue like this."

* * *

Kyson stares at Dargon in the middle of the board.

"Stay firm, Dargon! We're almost there!" Kyson yells across the boat cheerfully.

* * *

Kyson sees Silvio standing at the bow, his fists on his waist, staring at whatever famous sea captains stare at.

Yep, there is Silvio. Without a care in the world...while I'm here worried about Zstelian and Seka and the Lady. Maybe I should be a sea captain instead.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

"Running up a bleeding mountain for fun!"

Sekathral rolls his eyes, then glances at Zstelian.

"No offence, mate, but a bit of temple time'd do you good, I reckon. The rest of us can go and check out Herself if you and the lad want to stop by the monastery"


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Kyson Tirc wrote:

Kyson plots his first moments off the ship, talking to Khaz.

"It's too bad we don't have time to sell or sort our gear, but we have to save the Lady. We must stop by at the Church of the Sun, however, lest I fear that Zstelian won't make it. He needs to be cured...I don't know how long I can keep him from devolving into something bad, like the the Uglysaurus, or the Sharkwoman, or that stupid simpering Pirate Harliss." Kyson spits out the last name.

"I know it's going to take a bit of time to get the scroll...and maybe another wand, but we can't continue like this."

Sekathral wrote:


"No offence, mate, but a bit of temple time'd do you good, I reckon. The rest of us can go and check out Herself if you and the lad want to stop by the monastery"

”Absolutely, Kyson. We cannot risk taking Zstelian near Lavinia in his condition, what he...No! no, it is too awful. But the rest of us should continue. Can the two of you meet us at Lavinia’s after a much needed stop by the temple? Do you think you will be safe taking him by yourself?” The sun glints off her sterling silver capped tusks, as she ponders such, brightening the light on the young scribe’s face.

”No, you are very brave and the firey light of the Saraenrae guides your hand. I’m sure you will be fine.” Though I do hope it doesn’t come down to poor Zstelian being fried up like an egg on the burning stones of the Meraz Desert.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Silvio stands in the front of the ship thinking about all his heroic deeds. Past, present and future. "Ah, the Saragava Chalice is about to begin!"

"That is an excellent idea, lady Khazmia. Kyson can accompany Zstelian to the temple and Silvio shall go and protect the lady Vanderboren. It is a shame to deprive the Sargava Chalice of Silvio, but there is work to be done."

2,451 to 2,500 of 6,553 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.