Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Farshore map


201 to 250 of 6,621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

Round 7
Init 8
HP 6/12

AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 14, CMD 20
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +5
Speed 20

Zstelian Karela wrote:

"What in hell's name is that!?", the ranger curses as the monstrosity climbs up on the deck.

Fading back, he readies a javelin and tosses it at the creature.

“An' where in ogre's piss did it come from?” Dargon says, while looking at the creature perplex and thinking to himself, "Where do I even hit this thing?"

If the creature is not engaged with anyone by the time Dargon can react. Dargon follows Zstelian's lead and keeps his distance using his throwing ax.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

If the creature is engaged with an ally by the time Dargon can react. He instead comes to their aid, approaching the creature and slicing out with his Hand Ax.

Melee Hand Ax
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

motteditor wrote:
You can give me a knowledge (nature) check to try to identify the creature.

Just for kicks. Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 =10 max, untrained


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Oh, I assumed it was some sort of unholy abomination.

Nature - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

Funnily enough, I saw the picture and thought, "Oh, awesome! We used to have those in my backyard growing up. Not so big, and the jaw didn't work like that, but yeah!"

Bucking up some courage, Finn takes a step back and flings another gourd at the creature.

HP 11/11, AC 20, CMD 12, Mutagen: 94/100 rounds remaining, Reduce Person: 17/20 rounds remaining, Expeditious Retreat: 9/10 rounds remaining, 2/4 bombs
Tiny, Str 9, Dex 20, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 14, move 50'

Attack (+5 Dex, +2 size, +1 PBS): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Round 6. Init 21, HP 8/8, AC 16

Sekathral will pick up the crossbow dropped by his latest victim.

If loaded:
Sekathral shoots at the spider - ATTK 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 ; DMG 1d8 ⇒ 1

If unloaded:
I'll take a full round action to pilfer a quarrel from the thug's corpse and load the crossbow


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Round 7, Init 6

Kyson recoils back 20' from the abomination.

Do all ships have hideous monsters aboard? I'd rather be back ashore! Sarenrae help me!

Kyson takes total defense.

Quick Stats:

AC 24, touch 17, flat-footed 21. (+5 armor, +3 Dex, +2 shield, +4 total def)
hp 10/10
Spd 20 ft.

Effects: none
Used/Channels (1d6): 1/5

Fire Bolt (1d6) (1/7 used) (Sp) 30' Ranged touch attack deals 1d6 Fire damage.
Touch of Glory (7/day) (Sp) Grant +1 to a CHA-based skill or ability check.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Round 7, initiative 20
ac 17
hp 6/12
effects:

Silvio begs the captain farewell with a bow and a smile then casually flips Soller's rapier over the railing and after its owner (unless it is obviously of fine craftmanship. I don't want to throw our first mwk loot in the water just for show).

The nobleman is just about to announce the ships capture to his friends with grand gestures as he is interrupted by the spiderlike creature bursting out from the hatch. For a time the chelaxian stands speechless and somewhat dazed before donning his nonchalant smile and approaches with his blade held high.

"Whatever it is Silvio will soon have it impaled on his blade", he declares.

Move action to engage the spiderthing
Standard action to attack, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Knowledge (nature) 17:

You recognize the creature as a rhagodessa, a primeval vermon that's usually a nocturnal hunter that dwells in caverns and creeps out after sunset to seek food. It lacks the venmous stinger or crushing claws of a scorpion but makes up for it with its jaws.

Round 7:

Sekathral -- 21
Silvio -- 20
Finn -- 8
Dargon -- 8
Zstelian -- 7
Kyson, spider-creature-- 6

As Sekathral grabs a bolt and loads the crossbow, Silvio leaps toward the spider-like creature, but his blade seems to leap off the creature's armored hide. Vark's blade did look too nice to toss overboard, by the way.

It suddenly screams though as Finn's gourd hits it and explodes, bathing it in a burst of flame. 10 hp damage

Dargon approaches quickly, his axe blade cutting deep and drawing any screech of protest from the creature. 9 hp, 19 total

Zstelian's javelin cames flying through the air between Dargon and Silvio and slams into the creature, pinning it to the hull, as it lets out one last cry before it falls silent and stops moving.

Wow, that was anti-climactic; you guys just slaughtered the poor thing.

All is quiet on the ship now, while off ship, Kayle lets out a plaintive cry as she misses one of the swimmers now approaching the shore, barely pulling out of her dive before landing in the water.

And we're out of initiative.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian approaches the creature's remains cautiously.

"That wasn't so bad. I've never seen a rhagodessa this close before", the ranger says as he looks the creature over.

The Varians whistles sharply calling Kayle off the hunt.

"Is everyone alright?"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson will end the initiative with a sound round of puking over the starboard bow.

When he is finished, he will slump to the ground for a few moments before going to check on the sailor he hurt with this ball of fire (B3).

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Heal check

Please don't tell me I killed you.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I believe the fireball victim dove overboard, Kyson, and eventually went under after being attacked by Kayle.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

I think he was hit for 5 by my ball of fire, then Sekathral hit him for 4 more here. He may or may not be still alive, Kyson hopes for the best.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral puts the crossbow down and walks over to the sailors' corpses on the deck, searching them for valuables. He pauses in the middle of his search and looks at Dargon. "Next time, we'll cut the cackle and just do things your way, chief" He says. "Since we're all still upright, shouldn't we chuck that.. thing overboard and then check the vessel for this ring we were sent for?" He stares gloomily down at the deck. "I hope Vark wasn't wearing it..."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Whoops, OK, then. He is still breathing and you can stop the bleeding with that heal check.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"What's a creature like this doing on the ship", Zstelian says mostly to himself. "Let's get below decks and see what other surprises Vark was hiding down there."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson is relieved the man he hurt is not dead and finishes binding his wounds before moving down to join the others. Kyson's steps are unsteady and he pauses while down the stairs to vomit again over the side.

And there are some who like battle.

Kyson wipes off his mouth and wipes his hand on a rope as he rejoins the group.

"Are we ready to go down? And does anyone know what that thing is called?" Kyson points at the insect beast.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"It's called a rhagodessa", Zstelian explains as he pulls his javelin from the chitinous hide. "They are a kind of monstrous vermin. They usually live in very old very deep caves, far from any kind of civilization. There is no way this thing got onto the ship on its own."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson looks at the oozing ichor allowed to run free by the removed javelin and takes a precautionary step toward the railing lest he lose the contents of his stomach again.

Steady, Kyson. Steady.

"Of course it comes from the deepest caves, nothing so foul could live in Sarenrae's light."

Summoning his courage, Kyson steps up and kicks the dead insect.


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

Breathing a mile a minute, the small, sped up version of Finn responds, "There was this thing and a bunch of monkeys and parrots and other critters all in cages below. This thing was guarded--she's kind of messy now. Vark had to be preparing all these for transport--there's no way he was going to give up this ship."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"We saw them loading a huge crate onto the ship the night before" Says Sekathral to Finn "That must have been it. What in Besmara's holy name would anyone want with such a thing, though? Some sort of Blood on a Black Rock type contest?"


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Sekathral wrote:
Sekathral puts the crossbow down and walks over to the sailors' corpses on the deck, searching them for valuables. He pauses in the middle of his search and looks at Dargon. "Next time, we'll cut the cackle and just do things your way, chief" He says. "Since we're all still upright, shouldn't we chuck that.. thing overboard and then check the vessel for this ring we were sent for?" He stares gloomily down at the deck. "I hope Vark wasn't wearing it..."

"Aye, best ta get 'er over 'fore she starts ta stink.", Dargon says, while picking it up to toss it over.

Dargon then looks back at his new allies, "Time ta find that ring Lavinia's after."

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

With the ship apparently cleared of enemies, you quickly begin searching. Below, the hold is full of cages, about half still filled with animals such as monkeys and parrots, yelling and squawking loudly. The door is broken loose on an empty, large, iron cage and a headless woman's body lies on the floor nearby.

The rest seems shipshape to the experienced sailors among you, though signs of the thugs' use are evident in the bunk room and galley. A large chest sits in the captain's quarters, but it's Kyson who discovers a Vanderboren signet ring hidden in the headboard of the captain's bunk. A scrap of rolled-up parchment has been threaded through the ring.

There are also several bodies that can be looted/disposed of if you so choose, plus one unconscious but still breathing sailor.

Perception checks:

Finn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Kyson: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Sekathral: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Silvio: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Zstelian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson likes to read things.

Kyson reads the parchment.

I wonder if this will be worth copying.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The note, in what looks like a man's handwriting, reads:
Chimera looks to sunrise
Cyclops looks to sunset
Medusa looks to sunrise
Umber hulk looks to sunset
Basilisk looks to sunrise


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian looks the ring over, "I believe this is what she needed."

"Should one of us stay here to hold the ship in case Vark tries to come back and retake her?"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson looks at Zstelian, his face brightening with the realization.

"Oh, do you think our Employer might come back to the ship too? To her ship? OH! We should clean up then!"

Kyson will look for a broom and begin to tidy up.

"C'mon chaps! Let's make this place look nice."

I really like doing a good thorough cleaning job.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Can't say. Why don't you take the ring back to Laris-", Zstelian stops himself as he suddenly chokes on his words. "-Lavinia."


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Silvio casually goes through the belongings of the defeated sailors without much intrest except for Soller Vark's rapier, the trophy of the day. Balancing it on the top of his hand he holds the blade up to his face, his gleaming smile reflected in the steel. "Sekathral, here you go", Pazzi says and throws the rapier to the rogue. "For fighting valiantly."

"The lady Vanderboren is waiting for her jewlery, Silvio suggests that we keep her waiting no longer. If the ship gets infested with, then Silvio will sweep it clean again!" Silvio says clearly unimpressed with the note. He only mentions it casually and dismisses any eventual importance it might have saying "Those are all beasts right? Like the spider that was locked below. It is a shopping list of sorts!"


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Somebody'd better go with him, just in case" shouts Sekathral, busy rummaging around in the hold and cursing under his breath at his lack of success so far. "Meanwhile, let's get those corpses stripped and over the side before the watch turn up. I say we lock the live 'un in the brig and question him later - what do you think?"

I'd like to make a second Perception check to see if I can find anything else worth having - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14. If I can't, I'll give up, go up on deck and start heaving the bodies into the water.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"That's the spirit!" Kyson says to Sekathral as he offers to help clean up the bodies, pleased that his words have inspired action.

Kyson looks to dust off any cobwebs from the captain's quarters.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kyson, you can add inspired others to clean in your list of accomplishments now.

From the bodies of the five sailors, you can recover 5 suits of leather armor, 5 bucklers, 5 rapiers, 5 light crossbows and 42 bolts and 25 gp, plus the very nice rapier that Silvio tosses to Sekathral.

Sekathral, you don't find anything else of special interest on the boat.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Things Done #2 added.

Kyson looks around the room he just straightened up, putting his hands on his hips and scanning for anything that he missed.

"I think we are done here. We should get back, yes?"

Kyson will make his way back to the small boat.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

After the bodies have been thrown overboard, stomachs slit so they don't come back up and start bobbing around in the harbour, Sekathral changes his mind and speaks to Dargon and Zzestelian. "That bilge-rat up there" he says, indicating the wounded thug on the poop ?? . "Let's stick a bag over his head and take him with us. Maybe he can give the paymistress some answers"


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4
Silvio Callgari Pazzi wrote:

"Sekathral, here you go", Pazzi says and throws the rapier to the rogue. "For fighting valiantly."

Sekathral stares at the rapier for a moment, then at Silvio, then back at the rapier. "Eh? " He thinks. "Is it cursed? Doesn't he like rapiers? Is this some sort of wierd Chelish insult?" He shakes his head, then shrugs. "Thanks, cap'n" He stutters, slightly in shock.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

We can do some retconning depending on what you decide to do with the unconscious sailor, if need be. Wasn't sure if you were waiting for me or if it was just a weekend lull, but while I suspect it's the latter, didn't want to hold things up if it's the former.

Lavinia is thrilled after Kora leads you to her in the trophy room upon your return to the Vanderboren mansion. "Thank you so much! I'm sorry to hear you had to resort to bloodshed, but I suppose Vark left you no other choice.

"I'm a little worried that he escaped, though. Do you think he might try for some sort of revenge? I hate to impose more upon your generosity, but would you be willing to keep helping me? I feel as though I should have some sort of escort to Castle Teraknian to get into the vault, just in case Vark tries something, and with the Jade Ravens away ..."

"I know you turned down my offer before, but I would be more than happy to pay you for your services, of course." She laughs, and adds, "Especially now that I have access to the family's money."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

As far as the living sailor is concerned, Kyson kept him alive because he didn't want to kill him. He's never killed anybody and wasn't quite ready to do it...yet.

He's happy to bring the sailor with or just leave him on the street (alive).

* * *

"Uhm. You're welcome Lavinia. They fought well, Silvio and Dargon and the bird and Sekathral and Finn and Silvio some more. There was lots of blood, but we cleaned up the ship for you, Lavinia. I cleaned it good."

Kyson is happy to describe some parts of the battle, leaving out vivid descriptions of gore or blood (lest he become ill again).

* * *

"Oh yeah, I can escort you Lavinia. I'm sure it will be safe in the middle of all these powerful warriors." Kyson looks at Silvio and the rest.

"Maybe after I finish escorting you, I can go back to the monastery. Maybe you'll write me a letter."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

That laugh. That's Larissa's laugh.

"Yes, of course we'll escort you", Zstelian says while trying to snap himself out of a daze. "I doubt Vark will gather the courage to come after you but it doesn't hurt to be careful."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4
motteditor wrote:


"I'm a little worried that he escaped, though. Do you think he might try for some sort of revenge?"

"What worries me is who he was working for" Mutters Sekathral. "Still, let's go to the vault. Nice day for a stroll through Eleder, and I might get to try out my new sword, with any luck" He flourishes the blade in front of him, grinning wolfishly.

Incidentally, is this just a mwk rapier, or will it need identifying? I'll need to amend my stats either way, I suppose...

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

No one's tried to detect magic on it, so as far as you're aware, it's only masterwork.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:
We can do some retconning depending on what you decide to do with the unconscious sailor, if need be. Wasn't sure if you were waiting for me or if it was just a weekend lull, but while I suspect it's the latter, didn't want to hold things up if it's the former.

I better figure out where Vark can be found, just in case.

Dargon throws some water on the sailor to wake him. "Where's Vark off to, boy?!"

Intimidate 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

motteditor wrote:


"I'm a little worried that he escaped, though. Do you think he might try for some sort of revenge? I hate to impose more upon your generosity, but would you be willing to keep helping me? I feel as though I should have some sort of escort to Castle Teraknian to get into the vault, just in case Vark tries something, and with the Jade Ravens away ..."

"Of course we'll take ya, lass" Dargon says with the assumption that all will accompany.

motteditor wrote:


"I know you turned down my offer before, but I would be more than happy to pay you for your services, of course." She laughs, and adds, "Especially now that I have access to the family's money."

"Always up for 'onest work, Lavinia. Once 'ur on 'ur feet again. But, don't worry 'urself wit it 'til we check 'ur vault an' make sure it's the way ya expect it."

------

Before we head off but in no particular order

Kyson:

With the note in mind Dargon approaches Kyson, "Can ya make a few of these for us?. Knowing the Vanderboren's it likely means something."

Loot:

Dargon tries to think of a merchant he knows that would quickly take the equipment they found off their hands. Minus anything claimed by party.

Profession Merchant 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Health Check:

Dargon's still at 6/12 hit points.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson looks at Dargon, then the note, then at Dargon again. He begins to get excited.

"You want me to copy the note? Oh sure! I can do that." Kyson break out his ink and inkpen and finds a quiet place to (finally) do real work.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Calligraphy

Not my best work, but it will do.

Kyson will hand Dargon a nicely calligraphied copy of the note, smiling.

* * *

Dargon:

Kyson doesn't consider himself to be a healer so he won't assume that anyone need help unless they ask.

As far as Kyson knows, he's channeled exactly once in his entire life.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

At the ship
"Silvio can see that you have some kind of connection to the heavens", Silvio says as he approaches Kyson. "That thing you did, restoring the spirits of the dwarf and elf, is it possible to do again? Silvio seems to have cut himself on the kitten accompanying the captain", he asks and makes a nonchalant gesture at his back.

Back at the manor
"My lady need not fear Soller Vark or any other as long as Silvio is here", the chelaxian announces. "A lovely lady such as yourself should not walk the streets unescorted. Silvio accepts!"


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Kyson Tirc wrote:

Kyson looks at Dargon, then the note, then at Dargon again. He begins to get excited.

"You want me to copy the note? Oh sure! I can do that." Kyson break out his ink and inkpen and finds a quiet place to (finally) do real work.

1d20+4 Calligraphy

Not my best work, but it will do.

Kyson will hand Dargon a nicely calligraphied copy of the note, smiling.

Dargon takes the copy, and after giving it a glace, looks back to Kyson. "Looks good friend."

Kyson Tirc wrote:


Kyson doesn't consider himself to be a healer so he won't assume that anyone need help unless they ask.

As far as Kyson knows, he's channeled exactly once in his entire life.

I'm ok with playing to that. I put it out there ooc style so that the party would know the state of affairs. But both in an out of character there is no expectation for Kyson to do anything about it.

While Dargon is certainly not opposed to magical healing or being helped by his allies, he perfers letting time heal his wounds, because it toughens his skin. Helping me to justify the improved natural armor feats he'll be taking. ;)


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson looks at Silvio's wound then to the rest of the group's.

"Oh, you're bleeding. I hadn't noticed if that was your blood or another's." Kyson clutches his holy symbol as if unsure what to do with it.

"Sarenrae heard me once today and blessed us with her healing. Do you think she would do so again?" Kyson holds up his symbol and squeezes his eyes shut really hard.

Uh, Sarenrae? It's me, Kyson. We need you again.

Kyson feels the positive energy of Sarenrae fill him and then he releases it to all 5 of his companions.

1d6 ⇒ 5 healing

Kyson seems shocked that that worked.

"Uhm, there you go Silvio. How do you feel now?"

2/5 channels on the day.


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

Regarding the loot, Finn replies, "It's all so big... No, I am keeping this body a temple, I have no need for such material possessions."

With a wink and smirk, he adds, "I will require gold, instead. To properly gild my temple, of course."

He grins widely at Lavinia's offer for employment. "Most certainly, Ms. Vanderboren! We'd be most delighted to help you to your destination!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Dargon, you're not sure off the top of your head who might be able to very quickly convert the goods to gold. You think it may take a day or two. You may also want to decide in the discussion thread how you want to divvy treasure; do you want to have a party share, etc.?

Once you've agreed to help her, Lavinia asks Kora to hire a carriage to take you to the castle. As you wait, she tells you that all of Eleder's nobles have vaults under the castle, but she's never seen any of them. Rumors hold that some of the family vaults are quite extensive and guarded by traps, though based on things she over heard her father say through the years, she suspects the Vanderboren Vault is relatively small and safe, though there may be some sort of guardian.

The carriage will arrive shortly, but let me know if you want to do anything before arriving at the castle.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson is ready to ride in carriage with Lavinia.

I've never been in a fancy carriage before! Kyson thinks (perhaps) presumptuously.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 32/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

retconning a bit...

Quote:

Dargon throws some water on the sailor to wake him. "Where's Vark off to, boy?!"

Intimidate 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Did we get any sort of response from the sailor?

Sekathral will fill his pipe with a mixture of flayleaf and pesh, taking a few lungfuls before coughing violently and running outside to be sick "Gah!" He splutters. "They've been cutting it with tar again! He hands the lump of pesh to Finn, muttering something about the possibility of purifying it, then turns to Lavinia. "Before we go, lady" He says, nervously. [/b] "I don't suppose you've got a mage in the house, have you?" [/b]

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Whoops, sorry about missing the sailor.

The man shakes his head, first apparently to clear the water from his face, then in response to your question. "I don't know. He jus' promised us gold if he we 'elped get the animals on the boat, and then tonight onto some other boat. We didn' know they was your animals or boat or anything."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 54/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian enjoys the carriage ride in silence, occasionally stealing glances at Lavinia.

Is this a second chance?


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:

Whoops, sorry about missing the sailor.

The man shakes his head, first apparently to clear the water from his face, then in response to your question. "I don't know. He jus' promised us gold if he we 'elped get the animals on the boat, and then tonight onto some other boat. We didn' know they was your animals or boat or anything."

Dargon considers the sailor story and assuming he finds no holes in it, desides to leave him be.

Sense motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

201 to 250 of 6,621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.