Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map


2,351 to 2,400 of 6,389 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Black pearl that spat green mist when it got blood on it...", Zstelian ponders aloud. "We'll figure that part out once we're out of here. The way back should be clear."

Is there anything else left down here to explore?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I believe you've got three areas you've not been in.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian asks about said areas.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson's wand is at 27/50. Use as needed. Mark off charges.

Wait. She's a jerk pirate too!? She's not a damsel...she's like...like...Seka?!


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian tends Kayle's wounds and his own.

Kayle

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Zstelian

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

And then moves on to Silvio.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

And lastly Harliss.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Zstelian tosses the emptied wand in his pack.

RIP Wand I, you will be missed.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Kyson Tirc wrote:

Kyson looks crushed.

"So, this means I can't get a note that I saved a damsel?"

"Perhaps it's time we do let Kyson check in with his Church and in doing so, hopefully they can help us unravel this blood pearl green fog situation."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Kyson Tirc wrote:

Kyson's wand is at 27/50. Use as needed. Mark off charges.

healing please...and thank you

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson, realizing that Harliss is not a *real* damsel, skulks to the back of the party.

Jerk piratetess! Pretending to be a damsel!

"We should keep looking around. Maybe there is a *real* person who needs our help around here." Kyson gives Harliss a quick mean look before succumbing to his usual docile self.

I believe that there is a path to the right of the room 14? Where we are now? Let's go that way!


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

"You speak of unfortunate events. Silvio is sorry for the loss of your crew. This black pearl you spoke of, where did you get it?" Silvio asks Harliss. "Do you have any idea of where the coward Vanderboren will run to next?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"My thanks," Harliss says, nodding to Zstelian -- though not answering his questions about the rest of the caves -- and finally sheathing her blades.

"The pearl was given to me by my superiors, and that's all I'll say about that. I assume Vanderboren will run to his family in Eleder. But the joke's on him. I sent me right hand Drevoraz t'deal with the man, I did. Drevoraz is on his merry way to Eleder as we speak. He'll do for Vanthus' sister, his mum and pop, and any other family or friends the bastard has in that dunghill city. Cross the Crimson Fleet and we take everything in your life fropm ye. Best not forget that, boyos."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"Wait...WHAT!?" Kyson thinks he misheard.

"Did you just say you sent your men to go kill the rest of Vanthus' family?!"


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Silvio eyes Harliss up and down. "Here we come to a conflict of interests. You see, the Lady Vanderboren is, on top of being a lovely lady herself, our employer. It is now in your interest to tell us more about this Drevoraz and how we can find him before he gets to the Vanderboren manor."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK, need Diplomacy rolls. One person can be the main "diplomat" with everyone else able to aid another.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

"That's a problem lass. By now, all of Eleder knows that Vanthus turned trader to his family. You'll be playing into 'is hands by taking out 'isrivals and leaving 'em with clean hands in the process. The Crimson Fleet is going to be the laughing stock of the Inner Sea if they hurt Lady Vanderboren now. I can't imagine your superiors would be happy when word gets out about how easily they were manipulated by Vanthus."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Er - Khaz? Kyson? Dargon? Might be best not to leave it up to the sociopathic elf. Still - Diplomacy/Aid Another 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"He'll be happy as a pig in sh*t if you slaughter his folks, skipper,'specially if he can play the injured innocent and scoop up an inheritance afterwards. Better call your lads off, unless you were planning on doing that double-crossing haemorrhoid a favour"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson emerges from his moping in the back and walks towards the Jerkess Harliss.

"Miss Vanderboren is a friend of ours...and I need her to write a note so I can go back home where it's safe from fake damsels and exploding pirates and tentacle dinosaurs. We can't have her die. You need to make it stop."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Diplomacy


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Don't be a fool girl. Vanthus played you just like he's played everyone else. He's using you and your men to do his dirty work."

1d20 ⇒ 19

"The boy means to claim his family's riches."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Kyson Tirc wrote:

Kyson emerges from his moping in the back and walks towards the Jerkess Harliss.

"Miss Vanderboren is a friend of ours...and I need her to write a note so I can go back home where it's safe from fake damsels and exploding pirates and tentacle dinosaurs. We can't have her die. You need to make it stop."

1d20+6 Diplomacy

While busy dabbing on some of her cologne to cover combat stench, Khaz overhears the brazen strumpet's plans for vengeance, "What?You bi... I mean...It would be best to help us. Otherwise, Kyson will probably follow you around like a puppy dog, mooning for the letter, if Lavinia isn't alive to do so" Khaz resists the urge to add more, like what will happen if her dearest (and only) real female friend in all the world is killed.

Aid another, diplomatically, with cologne and everything: 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 5 = 14

-1 dose of lovely cologne

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Bloody hell," she says. "Sorry, but there's not much I can do about it now. If you hurry back, though, you might be able to get there before Drevoraz arrives, warn the household."

She shakes her head ruefully, apparently not sanguine about your luck in getting back to Eleder before her first mate.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"That's all you think? That's your answer!? That's all you have? You've sent men to kill innocents and that's all you give?!"

Kyson is angry and begins a full round action to pry out his bloody, grimy scimitar from its sheath.

She's evil and remorseless about it.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Boy, put that away before you hurt yourself", Zstelian chides.

"If we do find him before it's too late, is there anything we can tell him that'll let him know that we've spoken to you and that the hit's been called off?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"I supposed I can write you a note you can give him. That might do it. Boy, you still have that paper?"


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"After that, it's hoist all sails and back to Eleder", comments Sekathral.

"Dargon, will your mate still be out there? If not, we may have to borrow one of them barkys out in the cove, assuming they ain't burnt to a crisp. And we've got enough hands to sail 'em"


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Sekathral wrote:

"After that, it's hoist all sails and back to Eleder", comments Sekathral.

"Dargon, will your mate still be out there? If not, we may have to borrow one of them barkys out in the cove, assuming they ain't burnt to a crisp. And we've got enough hands to sail 'em"

"Hopefully he had the sense to wait for us." Dargon says as he prepares to move out.

I think it was implied that he was staying and waiting for us, at a charge of 10gp per day, but we never explicitly ask him to so whether he is still there is up to motte I guess.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

"Excellent!" Silvio exclaims. "Your sense have caught up with reality after this trying task. Do you have a boat or something similar Silvio and his friends can use to get back to Elender? Perhaps you would like to join us for the trip?" he asks Harliss.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson still fumbles for his blade, unsatisfied.

"Why don't you just send your killers for Vanthus? Is he to hard for you to kill that you have to kill his family?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Obviously, I figured that bilge rat would scurry on home. Not like he told me he weren't on good terms with his family, is it, boy?"

He was indeed planning to stay and wait for you. Chances are he won't set sail in the middle of the night, so probably spending the additional time to check out the rest of the area won't delay you if you want to do that, but obviously that's up to you.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral thinks for a moment.

"Here", he says. "Zstelian, your bird there'd get to the Lady quicker than we would. It ain't a pigeon, er, I think, but we could still tie a message to it and get it to fly back, couldn't we? Would it know where to go?"


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.
motteditor wrote:

"Obviously, I figured that bilge rat would scurry on home. Not like he told me he weren't on good terms with his family, is it, boy?"

It is understandable. Silvio has plenty of experience with women and know that they are at times slaves to their emotions. You help Silvio and his friends to save the lady Vanderboren, and all is water under the bridge. So, how long ago did your man leave for Elender? Perhaps you have a second vessel we can use to sail us there?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Harliss snorts in apparent amusement at Silvio's comments. "I've got my own places to go and things to do, and no ships to spare. Still, if you move fast, you might be able to catch Drevoraz; he's got a day's head start on you."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian nods and filches some of Kyson's parchment. He writes a short message.

Message wrote:

Lavinia, a man by the name of Drevoraz is after your life. Lock up the manor and lay low until we can get back. We'll explain when we return.

Be safe,
Zstelian

The old ranger curls up the note and ties it to Kayle's leg. He focuses on the raptor and speaks softly.

"You're faster than we could ever hope to be by sea. Fly back to the manor and find Lavinia. Make sure she gets this message. Once that's done, stay near her and protect her until you hear my call."

Zstelian launches Kayle into the air, "That's a good girl."


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.
motteditor wrote:
Harliss snorts in apparent amusement at Silvio's comments. "I've got my own places to go and things to do, and no ships to spare. Still, if you move fast, you might be able to catch Drevoraz; he's got a day's head start on you."

"More the reason for you to lend a ship to Silvio and his friends! Silvio is in a hurry and would feel bad about taking one from you."

Perhaps an intimidation check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As Kayle flies out of the cave with the note attached, Harliss gives Silvio a flat stare. "Which part of 'I don't have a ship to lend you' do you not understand? I appreciate you and your friends helping me scrub out these bilgest, but you're getting close to the reefs. Go rescue your friend 'fore I change my mind."

She doesn't seem intimidated.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Leave it alone, Silvio. We're paying Dargon's mate anyway, so we've got a ride back, ship or no ship.

I thought... H'mm"

He turns to Harliss.

"Captain, there was a caravel out there with a wyvern on the prow. That one yours?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"She's not mine," Harliss says with a shrug. "Have at her if you can handle her."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Can she be run with just the handful of us", Zstelian asks.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"She's not a good person. We should take her back and into custody for ordering the murders of innocents."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Now's not the time to be fussing over the details", Zstelian warns. "And she was duped, just like we were."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson nods at Zstelian's wisdom.

When people dupe me, I should hire murderers for their families. Makes sense.

"Uhm...Seka? Do you have family? You wouldn't dupe me would you?"


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4
Zstelian wrote:
"Can she be run with just the handful of us", Zstelian asks

"I'd have to have a look at her first, though based on that sort of vessel..."

[occ] Motte - can I take 10 or 20 on this? If so, I've got a +9 for Profession (sailor), which'd give me 19 or 29 respectively... [/ooc]

Sekathral looks at Kyson.

"Yes, mate, I do have family, and no, I wouldn't dupe you. Having said that, I would tell you I wouldn't dupe you if I would, wouldn't I? But I won't."


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.
motteditor wrote:
"She's not mine," Harliss says with a shrug. "Have at her if you can handle her."

"That is all you had to say!" Silvio says. "We will take the ship and sail for Elender. You and Silvio are once again on friendly terms."

"So what do you say, Sekathral? A fine ship, yes?" he asks the elf after he's done inspecting the vessel.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Harliss' hands drift back to her weapons. "Try it, boy, and you want need a note for your daddy no more..."

Sekathral, you think you don't have enough people to sail the ship, especially considering some of them *cough* Kyson *cough* probably aren't trained and may not be all that handy on the water.

Oh, and keep forgetting, since I don't think I mentioned it -- Zstelian, you're trait is now activated.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"We either need to skip or to jump folks, and I'm not all that particular which way we go." Khaz says with a growl. As her magics wane, so does her patience. Reaching poor Lavinia is the more noble goal, but watching that uppity strumpet bleed out is a siren's call almost too much to resist.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"The barky's too big for us lot. It's Dargon's oppo or swim, mates"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson re-sheathes his sword, fighting against the scabbard to put it back in.

"If Lavinia dies, Harliss, we'll be back for you. Because you did it."

Kyson makes moves to grab all the loot they can and get back to the ship.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

"Never mind that ship, it's guess work if it's sea worthy whether we could man it or not and we don't have that kind of time."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Without anymore discussion, Zstelian leaves for the ship they arrived on.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Is everyone going straight back to Dargon's friend's ship?


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

OOC: I'm curious about what's in the other rooms.
IC: Zstelian is far more worried about Liviana's safety.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Game=wise it'll probably only take 15-20 minutes to look at the other rooms, barring something unexpected. Since the ship probably won't set sail until morning, you probably could do that and not lose any time getting back to Eleder. Up to you, though.

2,351 to 2,400 of 6,389 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.