Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Farshore map


1,301 to 1,350 of 6,439 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

There's a solid thunk-click as the two of you manage to get the tumblers to fall in the correct position ... and suddenly the small hall seems full of darts flying from the walls.

Everyone except Zstelian -- whose odd position hunched over Sekathral while helping with the lock -- is hit. 2 hp to Dargon; 3 to Khazmia; 5 to Kyson; 5 to Sekathral; and 5 to Silvio Khazmia, you start to feel a little ill moments later, a chill flowing from the dart wound. 1 Con damage

Through the door, the plain stone room is empty, save for three large chests made of wood and iron.

dice rolls:

Dargon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Kyson 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Khazmia 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sekathral 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Silvio 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Zstelian 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Dargon Fort save:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Kyson Fort save:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Khazmia Fort save:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d2 ⇒ 1

Sekathral Fort save:
1d20 ⇒ 13

Silvio Fort save:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Khazmia Round 2:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson curses and puts his hand to his neck, extracting the dart.

"Son of a purry, furry kitten! Why is this place full of doors and traps?!! Who built this?" Kyson says while examining the dart before tossing it to the ground.

"How do these people walk around without killing themselves?" Kyson puts his hand to his next to stop the bleeding.

Kyson's eyes go to the wand at Zstelian's belt.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Without a word, Zstelian extends the wand to the young scribe.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Typical - the one time we don't check the door...

"We'd all better have a blast of that, I reckon", says Sekathral to Kyson.

"I'm going to have a look at these chests"

Taking 10 on Perception check (if I can), so 19

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

What order are you looking at the chests in? There's one in the NW corner, NE and SE.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

In that order - I suppose that'd be simpler...


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Sekathral wrote:


"We'd all better have a blast of that, I reckon", says Sekathral to Kyson.

Tossing a dart to the floor, Khaz sways a little on her feet before righting herself.

"Yes, that seems in order. Could someone heal me with that thing? I'm not sure I could make it work."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson will take the offered wand and tap himself and Kzah with it.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 healing - Khaz
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 healing - Kyson

"Sekathal, if you want a hit of this, you'll need to come out of that room. I'm done with getting shot and stabbed by chests and doors."

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 healing - Seka

"Anyone else?" Kyson asks, holding the wand out.

* * *

Kyson will stand down the hallway away from the chests, keeping a look out for someone coming up from behind.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Where's everyone else going to be?


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian will look for traps as well. Take 10: 20

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK, where're you starting?


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Kyson Tirc wrote:

"Anyone else?" Kyson asks, holding the wand out.

Dargon is much too proud to admit it, but he is still very visibly hurt from the combat. Currently at 7/22 HP.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

The opposite end of Sek.


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

After healing, Khaz will wait outside where it seems safer.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sekathral and Zstelian are having no luck finding traps as they search the chests, when suddenly hundreds of needle-thin spikes hidden in the floor shoot forth, stabbing through your boots into your feet. 6 hp damage, move at half speed until treated via Heal or magical healing

1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian curses as the spikes perforate his feet.

"Boy, hand the healing stick this way please."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson hits Dargon with the wand before passing it forward to Zstelian.

"Aur-eli-an Fa-CHE!"
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 to Dargon

"Aur-eli-an Fa-CHE!"
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 to Dargon

"Aur-eli-an Fa-CHE!"
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 to Dargon

"There you go, Dargon. And here you go, Old Man."

Kyson returns to his safe watch area.

28/50 wand charges left.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian hits himself and the elf with the wand.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Set dials to Total Paranoia from now on, I think...

"Rivers of boiling s**t!" Sekathral is upset; his pride's as badly wounded as his feet were. "There'd better be something good in these frigging chests, now"


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Sekathral wrote:


"Rivers of boiling s**t!" Sekathral is upset; his pride's as badly wounded as his feet were. "There'd better be something good in these frigging chests, now"

Khazmia frowns from the doorway.

"There would have to be, wouldn't there? For a trap like that, it would need to be something fabulous. Like jewels. or Silk. " or Magic...

She can only hope, and ready to help if yet another trap goes off.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As you gingerly make your way into the room again -- stepping lightly so the needles don't penetrate your shoes -- you discover the northwest and southwest chests are locked. The northeast chest isn't locked, but is also empty; however, when you open it, the needles in the floor retract.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson waits for Sekathral to open the chests, still keeping an eye out.

I hope this doesn't take too long. Vanthus and his lady might be getting away.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Tired of being stabbed, the Varisian checks his chest carefully for traps before opening it.

Take 20 Perception for traps: 30.

Assuming no traps:
Disable Device to open the lock - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

Khaz continues to watch from the door, fascinated by the search for traps, and any disabling that goes on.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The chests aren't trapped, though it does take you some time to get them open. The first has a number of goods and coins You can eventually total it up to be about 5,450 gp worth. The other contains gold and gemstones in silk bags bearing the Vanderboren family crest again, you can later total it up to be 8,600 gp worth.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

I'm a bit lost - are we in room D2 on the map, please?

Sekathral looks around at the piles of loot. "Nice life being a Vanderboren, isn't it? Wasted on Vanthus, though. Let's go and find the scrote and gank 'im."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You're in the unnumbered room in the far southeast part of the Map


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"Maybe we should go this way," Kyson says, pointing to the rooms north of D31 as he stows away the family jewels.

"We still need to find Vanthus and that pretty lady."

Kyson lines up behind the rest on our way to the left room in the hallway.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

"Never a bad plan ta trust a priest," Dargon says announcing his agreement with Kyson. Unless stopped Dargon walks to and through the door just north of the room where we battled Rowyn and her lizard.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Do we know approximately how much wealth Vanthus looted from his family vault? Do we believe the treasure we just found to be it?

"I plan to do a lot worse than gank him", Zstelian threatens as he lines up behind Dargon.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Something to look forward to, then. Let's go. Can I have a quick scan first, though?"

There couldn't be any more traps... Could there? Just in case, Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The door is untrapped and is slightly open, so isn't stuck.

The walls, floor and ceiling of the chamber have been covered in white marble tile; every inch sparkles cleanly. In the middle of the room sits a five-foot-by-10-foot pool of clear water. To the northwest stands an unlit iron brazier.

There are no other doors in the room.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson takes a look around.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Perception

"Someone's bathroom, I suppose. Sure is nice."

"Let's go to the door over here." Kyson points to the door across the way.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian peeks his head in the room briefly to look around.

Perception - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 +2 more if it's human!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You see nothing in the room, Zstelian.

Not sure which door you mean, Kyson. You've explored everywhere you've found in the south/southeast part of the quarters. you have a hallway going west (where some mysterious explosions chased off/killed a couple bandits) north of the training hall (D25); you've got a door leading to the north at the other end of that hallway, right near where you all came in (D2); and you've got the watery area (D18).


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5
Kyson Tirc wrote:


"Someone's bathroom, I suppose. Sure is nice."

Khaz looks longingly at the bath, then after her companions.

"It sure is."

With a sigh, she follows along.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson is confuzzled...the map looks like there might be another door on the opposite side. Moving on.

Seeing nothing else of interest Kyson suggests the party go back to the training hall, then north.

"I saw bad guys back this way. They might know more."


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"Now that you mention it, I think there *were* bad guys back this way."

Khazmia will head back thataway. Don't follow Khaz, she's lost too.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Map


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"May as well clear the place out, I suppose"

Sekathral follows the others back to the training hall, keeping his eyes/ears open for surprises as he goes.

If necessary, Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Silvio would like a shot or two from that wand as well
1 con damage reduces my max hit points by 2, right? So i should be on 13/18

at the secret room
Silvio's annoyance with the dart trap delays the chelaxian to the degree that he "misses" having his foot spiked through. Instead he is all smiles when he enters the room. "So, what treasures have you found for Silvio?" he asks with a basking smile when he hears the clink of coins.

"Ah, it is the treasures of the Vanderboren family", Silvio says slightly disappointed when he examines the treasure further. "This belongs back with my lady vanderboren."

present
"Silvio thinks there is coins to be made here. The locust lizards are bound to have some enemies who will be glad to reward Silvio for cleaning out these thugs", Silvio tells nobody in perticular before he ventures north, into the uncharted section of the Dragon's halls.

Been busy over easter so i've been unable to post. Somewhat similar situation this week, so if you get into a fight or something similar, just DMPC Silvio. Don't hold up the action by waiting for me. Should be back to normal next monday.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14
Silvio Callgari Pazzi wrote:
1 con damage reduces my max hit points by 2, right? So i should be on 13/18

Zstelian has the wand, talk to him, mighty Silvio.

As far as ability damage goes, you're fine/nothing happens until you lose a 2nd con point. See link.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

As Silvio takes the lead again Zstelian falls in behind him. He retrieves the wand from his waist and hands it back to Kyson.

"Thanks."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK, I'm assuming you're going west after you leave the training room, as that's where Kyson saw "bad guys."

The hallway extends past the remains of a body into a large room filled by a long banquet table that leaves barely any clearance to the east and west. A large cage filled with listless tropical birds stands to the northwest. Closed doors are set in the north and south walls.

Map


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Feeling a bit paranoid now, Zstelian tries to ignore the exotic birds and examine the room for anything dangerous/hostile.

Perception - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 +2 more vs humans

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

There's a slightly foul, bitter odor in the room, Zstelian, but you don't spot or hear anything else.

And it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

That's true...

"Looks clear. Let's keep moving."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Just when we really need an alchemist..

Sekathral winds his scarf around his face, coughing. If no-one has any ranks in Craft (alchemy) or poisonmaking, can I make an untrained Knowledge check to see if I recognise anything about it? If so, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson will examine the birds for health.

"What's wrong birdy-birds?"

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Heal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Perception (about the room)


half-orc
stuff:
hp 39/47,................ AC 17, T- 13, FF-14, F. +4, R.+5, W +5

"Oh, poor things! We can't leave them in there, who knows when someone will come take care of them again."

Perception (about the room in general): 1d20 ⇒ 10
Appraise (on the birds, healthy birds= more profitable birds?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

1,301 to 1,350 of 6,439 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.