Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Motteditor's Reign of Winter PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / overall map


9,101 to 9,150 of 9,195 << first < prev | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | next > last >>

male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

"I think you're on to something there, Pemsworth." He turns to Quinn then, as the man tends to several sores on Dmitri's leg. "I say, Quinn. I don't suppose Cayden can grant you the ability to question the dead?"


Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

Zephtyr floats, waiting to see if others have solutions.

"We can also come back tomorrow with more and different preparations. I don't think these guys are going anywhere."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Quinn, most of the men appear to be insensate from the blood loss. You could perhaps heal them, but it would take a lot of time and resources.

Most are suffering from several Wisdom and Constitution drain, as well as hit point loss. Dmitri appears to be the only one still conscious (and thus having a Wisdom score above 0).


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

"I think the biggest help we can be to these men is to stop whatever or whoever has been dining on them. Ask him how often they come by, Pemsworth. I don't have much left that will be useful in a fight, but I've a few tricks yet."


HP 84/84; AC 19, T 15, FF 15; F+6, R+11, W+11; Init +8; Perc+21 (22vs traps)

Pems nods and asks the man how often the fiends come by!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"They come each night," Dmitri says with a shudder.


Male Half Elf Traveler 14 | init +3, per +31 | AC 24/14/21 | HP 114 | Fort +16, Reflex +11, Will +19 (+2) | CMB +12, CMD 26

"I can heal them, but it'll take more energy than I can muster in a week and it won't amount to anything, but more food for whatever is feeding on them. Mal is right, we need to remove the unholy beast first."


Female Butcher Mitzvah HP 162; AC 25, T 15, FF 23; F+17, R+8, W+14/+16(fear); Init +5; Perc +20; CMD 33/31ff

Tsin considers for a moment. The freedom to discuss in a language unknown to the prisoners is quite liberating. "Do we have the means of concealin our entrance, Pems? Are we prepared to lie in wait here for the demons that come at night?"

The swordswoman wanders the cots, looking over the dead. "Or we end their suffering, and deprive the demons of their food supply. It seems cruel to leave them to this suffering, doesn't it, Quinn? Let them go to Pharasma now."


HP 84/84; AC 19, T 15, FF 15; F+6, R+11, W+11; Init +8; Perc+21 (22vs traps)

Pems shrugs. "I can re-lock the lock as if we were never here, yes. But leaving them suffering... It doesn't sit well. I wish we could save them, but the others are too far gone and only Dmitri still holds his senses. Can we save him?"

Pems looks suddenly inspired. "What if I encased them all in ice tombs? The ice will sustain them, and if we defeat Rasputin, perhaps we can return here and restore them to life. If not... well, at least they'll be at peace."


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

"I'd like to think these men would recover if given enough time. The others may be insensate at the moment, but if we stopped whatever creature or creatures are dining upon them, then we've at least given these lads a chance."

I'm in favor of the ambush!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

Ice tombs is a neat, n-*ice* idea, Pems. :)

Zephtyr spits, happy to be more directly.

"If you want, we can also hide out in here posing as some of the bedridden...maybe down at the far end. And then enact a terrible and swift vengeance when the come to feed. Because they will *NOT* like the taste of their own teeth and blood when I knock them down their throats."

Zephtyr is likely to hide as a tiny mouse than as a patient, but the point stands.

"I mean, Mal already looks like one of these drained ones, all lifeless and empty inside. Quinn and Tsin can take the places of the others, covered in blankets. And Pems, I bet Pems can hide himself pretty well."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

That is a neat idea, Pems. Also, just FWIW, remember your clothing is part of the illusion, so you can't really appear in anything but full garb if you want/need as part of an ambush.


Female Butcher Mitzvah HP 162; AC 25, T 15, FF 23; F+17, R+8, W+14/+16(fear); Init +5; Perc +20; CMD 33/31ff

"What are we dealing with, exactly? They've drained these men, biting them in the neck, so... vampires in the night? How much time do we have, before the sun sets?"

Knowledge(Religion), Monster Lore: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 3 = 15

Tsin looks at Quinn, hoping for plenty of preparatory oratory.


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

Is there an appropriate knowledge check to ID potential feeders, mott?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I'd say you know they're some type of vampire, but not the exact type without seeing them. IIRC, you came in first thing in the morning but from a few miles away. Let's say it's early afternoon.


Male Half Elf Traveler 14 | init +3, per +31 | AC 24/14/21 | HP 114 | Fort +16, Reflex +11, Will +19 (+2) | CMB +12, CMD 26

Quinn examines the wounds with extra scrutiny.

Heal check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Quinn gleans no other information, though Dmitri begs again to be released.


Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

Zephtyr spits and calls it rain.

"Maybe we come back in a few hours to hide out and wait for the vampires. You guys on the inside, me on the outside and I'll block their escape. Should be fun, right?" Zephtyr opines. "There are other places for us to explore for now."


Female Butcher Mitzvah HP 162; AC 25, T 15, FF 23; F+17, R+8, W+14/+16(fear); Init +5; Perc +20; CMD 33/31ff

Tsin doesn't object, not interested in waiting a full day for night to come, when they might be able to move ahead in their intention to fully flesh out the inhabitants and locations of the camp.

"We simply need to return at our own designation. If we find ourselves preoccupied elsewhere, we may need to wait another day to engage with the night's undead."

The swordswoman waits for Hektir to lead on to the next point of interest, allowing time for Pems to conceal their presence. "Will Dmitri hold his tongue, will he object if we decide to leave him for another night, should it come to that?"


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

"If we run into any more trouble between now and our ambush though, I'll be quite spent of helpful magics, Hektir. I was expecting more trouble like what we saw in that burned village, not tight quarters and innocents in need of help."

I've got fireballs coming out my ears, but am pretty much just leaning wholly on this wand of scorching ray at this point.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Elf Traveler 14 | init +3, per +31 | AC 24/14/21 | HP 114 | Fort +16, Reflex +11, Will +19 (+2) | CMB +12, CMD 26

"I'm not an expert on vampiric creatures, or anything like that, but don't we want to find them during the day while they're sleeping in a coffin or a rubbish bin and drive a wooden stake through their hearts? Waiting for them to arrive fresh and hungry seems about as smart as Hektir's plan to get drunk before getting drunk so that we get drunk quicker."


Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

Zephtyr likes Quinn's plan to get drunk, but also pre-drinking sounds good.

"Building off Quinn's idea," Zephtyr offers with a spit, "Maybe we should get Dmitri good and drunk so whomever comes to suck his blood gets drunk too? Might make the fight a bit easier, you know? Maybe Dimi can drink a jar of 'shine?"


Female Butcher Mitzvah HP 162; AC 25, T 15, FF 23; F+17, R+8, W+14/+16(fear); Init +5; Perc +20; CMD 33/31ff

"Ask Dmitri how many 'they' are. If there are only two creatures, we might overwhelm them quickly enough. Greater numbers, and we risk one of them getting away and alerting the camp to our presence."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

There are three chaplains, according to Dmitri. Or am I misunderstanding your question?


Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

Pems? Anyone know where Pems is?

Seeing no comments on his excellent idea, Zephtyr readies to move on to the next area.

Have we explored all the numbered areas on the map, then?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Nope, not even close. I know Pems has been having some real-life time constraints, so I imagine that's where he is. That said, sounds like Hektir's ready to explore more, so going with that.

Nearby, a solidly built stone house, its roof covered in snow, stands
amid the mud and snow of the prison camp’s inner yard. Beyond that is the yellow gas-filled area that Zeno noticed earlier.

You also notice a little southeast of that, ancient stone arches enshrining weatherworn statues of veiled women and saintly men frame a steaming natural spring, its waters unfrozen in the cold.

Perception DC 25:

On the far side of camp, near the guard tower on the east side, you catch sight of a headless rider addressing soldiers in the trenches from the back of his night-black mount.


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"Well at least all the water hasn't frozen in this twisted place. Though, I warn you all, I don't like the look of that fog there one bit."


HP 84/84; AC 19, T 15, FF 15; F+6, R+11, W+11; Init +8; Perc+21 (22vs traps)

Sorry, guys, been dealing with work and some travel issues and such. I'm around, just busy!

Pems listens to the others' issues and finally moves over to the suffering folks. "Dmitri, we'll kill these creatures and we'll do our best to help you. But if we let you free, you'll alert the guards to our presence. I'm sorry, but this will hold you until then." Pems casts ice tomb on each of the men.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26

"Is that a headless horseman? I mean the man is headless. The horse still looks comfortably headed."


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

"What? Where?! Oh, way over there? Yes, that's one of those dullahans, Pemsworth. Dreadful things. What's that one doing though? Is it giving orders to those men in that trench? That can't be good."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

Pems, always leave a note.

1d20 + 28 ⇒ (13) + 28 = 41 Perception

"Oh, piddlespot, is that what I think it is, Mal?" Zephtyr asks, looking at the headless rider. Zeph looks at Zeno.

"Zeno, ol' feather? Why don't you make yourself useful for once and go see what they are talking about about there? Might even be some extra seed for you tonight if you do good."


Male Half Elf Traveler 14 | init +3, per +31 | AC 24/14/21 | HP 114 | Fort +16, Reflex +11, Will +19 (+2) | CMB +12, CMD 26

if Quinn can get to the stone hut without attracting attention he'll try door sight on it, maybe from the side if it provides better cover?

"That stone hut looks inviting, it's likely warmer than sitting out here in the snow. Maybe I can look through the walls without attracting any attention?"


Female Butcher Mitzvah HP 162; AC 25, T 15, FF 23; F+17, R+8, W+14/+16(fear); Init +5; Perc +20; CMD 33/31ff

Tsin watches the halfling entomb each corpse man, nodding approval. "Did you ever see yourself using your magic like that, master Pems?"

She follows after the priest, waiting to learn what his Peeping Tom sight can tell them.

Perception v DC 25: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

"Those soldiers must be in a kind of shock, to endure the captaining of a dullahan. Now, are we concerned? Are they aware of us, in some way?" She keeps her eyes fixed on the formation, waiting to see if the dullahan separates itself from the contingent of soldiers, much the same way its head was separated from its shoulders.


HP 84/84; AC 19, T 15, FF 15; F+6, R+11, W+11; Init +8; Perc+21 (22vs traps)

Pems shakes his head. "No, but it grants me some hope that the cold can be helpful as well as harmful. Perhaps..."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Wait, I was under the impression you left the men alone. Can we just clarify that, please.

Moving to the side of the stone building, between it and the barracks, Quinn looks through the wall: A long parlor stretches almost the entire length of the house, filled with chairs trimmed in red velvet. Its walls are crowded with bookshelves holding esoteric tomes. Curtains are drawn tight over the windows to keep out the intrusion of sunlight.


HP 84/84; AC 19, T 15, FF 15; F+6, R+11, W+11; Init +8; Perc+21 (22vs traps)

No, Pems ice tomb'd them. He definitely wouldn't leave them suffering.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

OK.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Elf Traveler 14 | init +3, per +31 | AC 24/14/21 | HP 114 | Fort +16, Reflex +11, Will +19 (+2) | CMB +12, CMD 26

Quinn slips back to the group and relays exactly what he saw. "It's like a long taphouse, with comfy chairs for sipping beverages and relaxing. Plenty of books on the walls to use as coasters for cold drinks. Best of all, it has great curtains that keep out all the sunlight for those mornings when you're really hung over. I say we stay in there."


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

"No doubt it's where those devilish chaplains are holed up until they're ready feast on Dmitri and the others! Come on then, off we go. The vampires aren't going to slay themselves after all."


Female Butcher Mitzvah HP 162; AC 25, T 15, FF 23; F+17, R+8, W+14/+16(fear); Init +5; Perc +20; CMD 33/31ff

"Well, that's certainly convenient." Tsin waits for an entrance to be forced, so they may purge another camp building. "Quinn, do you have any preparations for fighting these creatures? The daemon was amenable to blade strikes. I'm not so sure about vampires."

Given the needed time to ready themselves, Tsin will try the door, wondering if it's locked, before stepping out of Pems's way to wield his mighty picks.


Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

Exotic books as coasters. Lol. +1

"Taphouse, you say?" Zephtyr asks with interest as he had already noted the need for beer and/or asking for information.

Zephtyr is ready to get in there and fight then drink or drink then fight as required.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As several of you keep an eye on the headless commander, it's not clear what he's ordering, as there seems to be no significant movement in or out of the trench.

Meanwhile, the door appears to be unlocked, and you open and slip into the parlor, only to see a startling sight, one Quinn didn't see when he looked before: Rasputin himself, patiently seated upon a cushioned divan. In his hands he fiddles with a finely constructed matryoshka doll, as if trying to unlock the secrets of its opening. He gazes at you for a moment, and then calmly gestures for you to take a seat.

“I have what you want,” he says. “I am not done with it yet, but once I am, I promise that if you leave, I will deliver it to you.”


male human addled old kook 14
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 77 | AC 11 ( 11 T / 10 FF) | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +11 | CMD 17 | Know (arcana, planes) +24, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12 | Fly +17 | Escape Art + 15 | Perc +10 | Spellcraft +24 | UMD +19

Malavarius' eyes widen in alarm. "Rasputin! You devil, what are you up to?!"


Female Butcher Mitzvah HP 162; AC 25, T 15, FF 23; F+17, R+8, W+14/+16(fear); Init +5; Perc +20; CMD 33/31ff

Tsin's first thought is disbelief. The man would not readily offer himself up for an audience like this, and in their first encounter, the man wreaked havoc before disappearing abruptly.

Tsin's second thought is to close the door behind everyone, so that whatever misfortune befalls them, it is closed off from the rest of the camp.

Whatever transpires next, she offers no words of affront, no assistance in negotiation, should the others desire it with the wretch of a man.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Up to? Why nothing but a little tea at the moment. And, of course, claiming my mother's power for myself. As I deserve as my birthright."


HP 84/84; AC 19, T 15, FF 15; F+6, R+11, W+11; Init +8; Perc+21 (22vs traps)

"Deserve? Why do you deserve it? What have you done to be more worthy than Baba Yaga?" Pems looks at the man, genuinely curious as to why he's convinced of his own greatness.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"She is the past, I am the future. I have survived poison, bullets, blades, fists and the river. Flame merely woke me. Where she plays in the shadows, I shall rule all of Earth, as my sister shall have your petty little world."


Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

"Ever think that she doesn't want you to have the power because you're amazing prick?" Zephtyr offers, remembering the earlier fight with the monstrosity. "Maybe she didn't love you and that's why she gave us the Hut, you know? Also, a man should have more control over his emotions, you know?"

No, he probably doesn't.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Rasputin gives you a cold smile.

"And you control the Hut? I seem to recall it running away, with you able to do nothing but flee after it. After you'd drunk away your sorrow when I killed the first of you. You do understand, I hope, that when next I kill you, you won't be coming back. Consider that first time --" he glances over at Pems -- "a gift, to let you know you meddle in forces that are bigger than you."


HP 84/84; AC 19, T 15, FF 15; F+6, R+11, W+11; Init +8; Perc+21 (22vs traps)

"HA! I've been killed by better than you, Choppy. I've got the cold in me, Raspy. Your murders are amateur at best."


Manly Stats:
HP 143; AC 23; F:15/R:9/W:16;Fly +13; (Loc) +19, (Nat) +20, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +7, Perc +28, Surv +16,Spllcrft+14
Tracksmage 14

"Your Mommy locked you out and invited us in. I wonder if she'll as welcoming when I come to her bed, Raspy," Zephtyr rasps back. "Might be that I give you a brother that she'll be proud of."

9,101 to 9,150 of 9,195 << first < prev | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Snows of Summer PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.