Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,246 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Koremar, you don't really see anything in the kitchen to tie up the satyr.

Kregimie, you're able to find your missing companions in the garden balcony where you entered.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

With a saddened frown Koremar stabs the satyr in its heart. He just simply couldnt afford leaving such a capable enemy behind them in their quest to finish the Queen.

Coup de Grace


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg waves frantically at his companions in an effort to silently get their attention and usher them to join Koremar and himself.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Thunder Rolling moved to pick up his axe, then moved quietly to join Kreg and Koremar.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail keeps her head down, feeling ashamed somewhat. She picks up her bow and places the cold iron arrows closer at hand in her quiver.

She pats Sacha behind the ears and nods, ready to go.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

Map

With the group back together; Koremar was confident that they could finish their task.

Can you check these doors in the kitchen Kreg?


M Gnome Rouge 7

I thought we had seen something already in the area north of where Kreg is shown on the map but maybe not.

Kreg quietly moves to the two doors ahead to check for traps or locks.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Disable device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Disable device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

None of the doors is trapped or locked. You can hear sounds of the orchestra you heard earlier from the door to the east.

There is also another set of double doors that weren't visible on the map. I assume you checked those as well.

Map


M Gnome Rouge 7

I say we go through the set of double doors on the west side. No log-jam to get through the door.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

Koremar nods at the doors that Kreg is pointing at.

Looks good friend. Lets go.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Thunder Rolling took a firmer grip on his axe and then nodded his assent.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail and Sacha stand ready.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The doors open into a large, round tower, stairs leading both up and down.

Map


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg inspects the stairs for any alarms or traps and stability. He then holds his ear up the stairs and listens for any sounds emanating down.

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

He then turns and whispers to his friends. "I suppose it's deal with the dancing creatures in the other room or sneak up on whatever is upstairs. What do you all think? I'd like to see what is up there."


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Upstairs is fine. Good defensive position. Limited space to run." Thunder Rolling sounds more than a little chagrined at his earlier performance.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail feels the shame in her new friend's voice. It resonates with her own, cutting the words in her throat. Unable to speak, she simply nods in agreement.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

Koremar follows along behind the eager gnome up the stairs.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The stairs lead upward to a third floor, where a single door sits in the east wall and double doors in the south wall.

From the southern doors, Kregimie hears the sound of footsteps.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg moves behind Thunder as quietly as he can. "I hear footsteps!" he whispers to the group.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail readies an arrow, her tension is felt by Sacha who stands ready to pounce on an intruder.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

Koremar tightens his grip on Mai'Tahl and readies himself to face whatever is approaching.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

After a few moments, nothing seems to happen. The footsteps appear to be moving away from the door -- possibly a patrol on the room on the other side (which if your recollection from entering is correct may have been another sort of balcony similar to the one you entered on).


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg hears the footsteps moving away. He turns to his friends and throws his shoulders up in a shrug.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail nods and indicates to keep going.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

Koremar indicates the single door and takes position facing the southern doors in case the patrol returned and surprised them.


M Gnome Rouge 7

"Here we go again!" Kreg thinks to himself. Slowing moving up the stairs as quietly as he can.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 (+3 more for traps)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You guys already went up to the third floor. There're doors to the east and south, the latter of which is where you heard the sounds of the patrol. You didn't spot any traps on any of the doors.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

Once Kreg gives the ok on the door Koremar eases the southern door open and peers inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail shifts her fingers on the string of her bow, bringing a light tension to it. Sacha senses her focus and lowers its body.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

South it is

Thunder Rolling hefts his axe and nods to Koremar to open the Southern doors. As soon as the door is open, he will charge any enemy that is visible.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg peeks inside the door along with Koremor.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

*sigh* I prod you all and then the message boards never showed that you posted. My apologies.

The door opens onto a wide parapet covered by a lattice roof of tangled limbs, vines and leaves. The battlements offer a commanding view of the courtyard and valley beyond the palace gates.

You can't see what was making the noise Kregimie heard earlier.

I gave you the full view of the balcony on the map but you can't actually see anything that's not immediately to the south as long as you're only peeking through the doors. Note that you're in the section to the right, which is the third floor. The section to the left is the second floor.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

With no immediate threat visible; Koremar steps fully through the door with Mai'Tahl at the ready and his eyes ever vigilant.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Koremar, as you enter, you see four Spriggans about 45 feet away. They seem to notice you as well, and shout out an alarm.

Koremar is right in front of the door; everyone else is right behind them. Spriggans are 45 feet away.

Dice rolls:

Spriggan Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d12 ⇒ 9
1d2 ⇒ 1

Initiative:
Abigail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Koremar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Kregimie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Thunder: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Spriggans: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail utters a short prayer to Erastil while touching Sacha's neck. Its pelt darkens somewhat as it stiffens.

Cast Barkskin on Sacha, +3 natural AC, duration is 70 min.

She then prepares her arrows, while Sacha gets ready to pounce at anyone coming through the door.

Ready Pounce:
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21; 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Koremar-friend, step aside!" Thunder hefted his axe and motioned for Koremar to give him a clear path. Then, he raised the axe and charged the nearest spriggan. The axe whistled through the air at the last minute and slammed into the creature.

Round 1:

Hold for an open charge, then attack!

charge, overhand chop 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
1d12 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

crit confirm 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
1d12 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27
1d12 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 30


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

At Thunder's urging; the elven magus sidesteps out of the way and moves forward towards the spriggans.

Move 30' and Ready an attack if any get within melee range.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg moves up towards the Spriggans and braces his long spear in case any of them decide to charge.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Thunder: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Abigail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Kregimie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Spriggans: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Koremar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Thunder charges the spriggans, his axe slamming into one of them, decapitating the creature in a single blow and drawing cries of outrage from the three remaining.

As Sacha guards the door and Kregimie and Koremar move closer, the remaining fey cluster around Thunder Rolling, attacking the Mwangi warrior. Two move to either side, slashing with deadly precision, though Thunder manages to shrug off their attempts to grab him. 25 hp total

The final spriggan steps back and gestures, and the copious vegetation surrounding Thunder seems to reach out and grab at him, ignoring the trio of fey. Entangle, Reflex save DC 10 (see spoilers)

Mechanics:

Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Gore: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
1d4 - 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (6, 3) = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
1d3 - 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (1, 4) = 5
Gore: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
1d4 - 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (4, 5) = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Entangle: Save or gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check, DC 10. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

At work, so no map.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail signals Sacha to charge one of the two spriggans while she lets loose two arrows towards the other.


Rapid Shot and Point Blank Shot:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Pounce:
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10; 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Snarling, the big mwangi lashed out again with his greataxe, sending it at the foes to either side. The axe ripped into his foes and then into the writhing vine around him as he struggled to remain free.

Round 2:

PA, full attack on flanking foes.

attack 1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
damage 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

backswing 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage 1d12 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32

Reflex for entangle 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg moves into position opposite Thunder and strikes out at the spriggan threatening his with his longspear.

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 acid damage, plus 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 4) = 19 sneak attack

@%#*!!!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Here's the map at the start of Round 1. Sorry it took so long -- my girlfriend surprised me by coming over, so I was in a rush while I was doing it. I don't have the entangle area shown, but it's a 40-foot radius spread centered on Thunder.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Thanks! It changes things a bit. Abigail would move forward to get in range, but not in the entangle. She would then only fire one arrow, and no point blank shot (-1 hit, -1 dam), so AC 26, Dam 7. Sacha probably won't be able to charge (plus the whole area is difficult terrain...), so no pounce, and a save needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Ouch! Sacha doesn't make it to the spriggan (I needed a 2...) and is entangled for now. Move action to try to break free (str check): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Ahah! Stuck again!!!

Sacha growls in anger as it gets snagged in a bad way by a stubborn thorn.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 1

Koremar watched as the creepers seemed to swarm around the group and nimbly avoided them as he moved to flank Thunder on the north.

Reflex DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Coming up he slashed at the spriggan with his trusty long sword.

Mai'Tahl attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15

Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2:

Thunder: 25
Abigail: 21
Kregimie: 20
Spriggans: 20
Koremar: 20

Thunder slams the spriggan with the axe, but just misses with the backswing. 18 hp

Abigail's arrow hits the same fey 7 hp, but Sacha's quickly grabbed by the clinging plants and held fast.

At the same time, Kregimie and Koremar's attacks miss, with the latter being caught by the vines. Need a Reflex save from Kregimie

The two spriggans in combat dart back -- not hampered by the vines -- and all three suddenly grow, reaching almost 10 feet high, as they get ready for the continued assault.

Dice rolls:

1d2 ⇒ 1

Spriggan 1: 25 hp


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Sacha tries to get out of the vines' grip and advance.

Str check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

It finally gets a chance to move and makes its way to the fight.

Move action for the check, move to get in melee with the spriggan farther from Thunder. Do I need another save?

Abigail, fires two arrows at the spriggan Sacha is moving towards.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

When you say "dart back", are they moving (and thus provoking AoOs)? Or are they taking 5' steps back? If 5' step, then Thunder will use his Step Up/Following Step/Step Up and Strike abilities to put a hit on the wounded one. Either way, the wounded one should get an AoO of 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27, damage 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

It's a 40-foot radius spread for the entangle, so basically the entire balcony except right near the door is under the spell's effects. So, yes, need another save, please.

They took a five-foot step, but your feat will allow you to follow and attack, which kills the fey. Two remain.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 acid damage, plus 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 3) = 15 sneak attack

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,246 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.