Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,246 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

@ motteditor - so our choices are either the kitchen or the dance hall at this point? Have we seen any other doors?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

There are two other doors in the hallway between the kitchen and the dance hall.


M Gnome Rouge 7

So, check out those other two doors or do something else? We're only going to have the element of surprise once.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

I'd say check the doors.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The first door seems to be another entrance into the kitchen. However, this angle lets you see that beyond it to the north sits a heavy table of darkwood, surrounded by a dozen (empty) chairs.

The next door also seems to lead to a hallway to that dining room, though what looks like it could be a store room filled with barrels and crates juts off to one side.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail whispers: "We're here to crash the party, right? So let's just get to the ballroom and get the final shindig started!"


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Yes maam. Lets use this back hallway and gain some surprise and see what's in that side room first. Any advantage at this point will be welcome.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Map


M Gnome Rouge 7

"Sounds good to me!" the little blue gnome says excitedly but quietly. "I'll come in behind one or two of you so that I can try to flank."


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Looks like time to hit things again. Thunder Rolling is ready."


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

@ motteditor - where ae we on that map?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You're in the hallway south of H17 and H6. The ball and art gallery are to the east, the kitchen with the two satyrs through either of the doors to the north.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Lets take this door here.one outside of H6 I'm against murder but I dont think we can afford to leave any enemies behind us. Let's get the drop on these two in the kitchen. Lead the way Thunder.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Thunder Rolling nodded and gripped his axe in his hands with a determined look on his face. He was not uncommonly fond of murder either, but sometimes killing without warning was necessary. He had to look at these creatures as sentries for the enemy.

His huge chest swelled even larger as he took in a deep breath and then burst into action. Charging the nearest cook, he slammed the flat of his axe blade against the satyr's skull, hoping to either knock the creature unconscious, or at least stun him.

Spoiler:

Going to try non-lethal damage first.

Overhand chop (bash) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
damage 1d12 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


Male Human Writer 2/Dreamer 7

Don't mind me, just refreshing a dot - carry on.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

With black blade in hand; Koremar moved right behind the larger man and split off to take on the other satyr in the kitchen. He saw Thunder using mercy but he'd never learned the art of the using the flat of the blade. He struck as quick as he could.

Mai'Tahl attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail stands ready behind the melee to shoot down survivors if they appear to wish to yell.

Ready attack against any who would try to yell: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30; 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Thunder rushes through the door, slamming his axe head into one of the satyr's heads. 20 hp subdual

Moments behind, Koremar slashes the other one, who lets out a cry of pain and tastes one of Abigail's arrows, though both wounds seem to close slightly moments after they're made. 10 hp total

Meanwhile, Kregimie sneaks around the back way, ready to flank one of the two creatures.

Initiative:
Abigail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Koremar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Kregimie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Thunder: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Satyrs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Status:
Satyr 1: 15 hp subdual
Satyr 2: 10 hp


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg moves into position (When his initiative comes) to flank one of the two Satyrs, then slams his longspear into the beast.

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 acid damage, plus 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 5) = 16 sneak attack. If the attack hits, Kreg gets +4 to his AC against that foe for one round (Offensive Defense) and he is -2 on attacks against me for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds (Befuddling Strike).


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar doesnt let up. Thinking that if given the chance, the two satyrs will just call for help and ruin any stealth theyve achieved thus far he slashes out again.

Mai'Tahl attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Seeing the others abandon any pretense of mercy, Thunder Rolling changed his grip and set a couple of bows flying, like he was harvesting wheat, or thrashing the vegetation outside again.

Spoiler:
power attack, backhand swing

Attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage 1d12 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail keeps Sacha near her, but lets fly arrows at any of the standing satyrs.

Rapid shot:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24; 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23; 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2:

Koremar: 21
Satyrs: 16
Thunder: 15
Kregimie: 12
Abigail: 8

Koremar cuts into his foe again, though again it seems to do less harm than he would have expected. 2 hp

Finally over their initial shock at the sudden attack, the two satyrs step back, both gesturing in your direction.

Both make strange gestures, and a wave of fear washes over you, filling Abigail and Thunder with panic. Both drop their weapons and begin fleeing back the way they came in. Koremar and Kregimie are shaken for one round, which has already been factored in for Kregimie, but continue to hold their ground.

"Why don't you go help your companions," the other satyr suggests to Koremar, the elf almost leaping to follow before he realizes he has other concerns.

Kregimie steps up and cuts into one of the satyrs, and while the spear itself seems to do no damage, the acid causes the fey to howl in pain. There was no flank available as it moved five feet back after Koremar's turn and Thunder fled on his turn, so no sneak attack damage.

Dice rolls:

Abigail Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Koremar Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Kregimie Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Thunder Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Koremar Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Status:

Satyr 1: 15 hp subdual
Satyr 2: 17 hp

Map


M Gnome Rouge 7

Fack...


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar could thank his elven blood that the satyr's magic fell on deaf ears and doubly thankful that Kreg was still in the fight with him. He whispered arcane words, pointed at the satyr between him as his friend and four magical bolts sped unerringly into the foe.

Magic Missile Damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 3) + 4 = 17


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail turns tail and runs, Sacha staying with her, sensing her fear.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Thunder Rolling saw images from his childhood, transformed into dark shapes of abject terror. His mother's loving arms transformed into chitinous claws, blood and acid dripping from mandibles that tore through her flesh. His beloved sister turned on him, slime and claws flinging about. It tore at the core of his being and he fled. In terror and shame, the warrior fled, not caring about weapons or companions.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Feeling all alone, Kreg considers bolting with his friends, then thinks better at it and stabs at one of the beasts with his spear.

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 acid damage

Hmmm, this is not going well...


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

When has combat gone well for us?


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

At least it isn't swarms again?


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

No kidding!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 3:

Koremar: 21
Satyrs: 16
Thunder: 15
Kregimie: 12
Abigail: 8

As Abigail and Thunder run for their lives back to the balcony, Koremar and Kregimie press their attack.

Koremar's magic bolts slam into the more wounded fey, who bellows and charges forward. His dagger slash takes the surprised elf, drawing blood before the ram horns hit the slender magus' chest. 12 hp

The other satyr closes with the gnome, who's able to avoid his blows. The gnome strikes back, but can't make it past the creature's guard.

Dice rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Status:

Satyr 1: 15 subdual
Satyr 2: 34


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

HP = 46/58

Koremar took the two hits with just a grimace to show for it. Well, besides the blood and healthy bruise he'd get from the horns. He retaliated with his black blade

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

are we still running?


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Probably... Abigail has a scroll of Remove Fear. Can she figure to use it at some point? Perhaps once out of sight? Not sure how I would call it as a GM. Tough call, so no pressure :)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Hmm, I think I'm going to say no, unfortunately: A panicked creature must drop anything it holds and flee at top speed from the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters, along a random path. It can't take any other actions. In addition, the creature takes a –2 penalty on all saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. If cornered, a panicked creature cowers and does not attack, typically using the total defense action in combat. A panicked creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

The effect will last 8 rounds total, though I'm willing to say you're hiding in the balcony, since ... well, it's scary outside and that'll make it easier in the long run.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Oh good, 8 rounds. See you next week :)


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

No problem. I'll be around.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Those Will saves are always a problem!


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg feels brave with Koremar by his side. Hoping that Abigail and Thunder return soon, he presses on with his attack. He will take a 5' step to try to get closer to flanking.

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 acid damage

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 4:

Koremar: 21
Satyrs: 16
Thunder: 15
Kregimie: 12
Abigail: 8

As Abigail and Thunder continue to cower in the garden, Koremar lands another blow on the satyr, his blade cutting deep, but the wound seeming to slightly heal over almost immediately, as if the material couldn't leave a mark on the fey's flesh. 4 hp

The badly wounded creature continue his attack on Koremar, but the elf's able to fend him off, Kregimie doing the same to his foe before stabbing him with the spear, though the acid seems to do more damage.8 hp

Dice rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Status:

Satyr 1: 8 hp, 15 subdual
Satyr 2: 38

Sorry for the delays; am back now, though.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

*cowers*


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

HP = 46/58

Koremar felt that they had to finish the fight and finish it soon. He called upon his arts arcane and martial.

Concentration DC 17 - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Spellstrike w/Shocking Grasp - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 - +3 if he's using a metal weapon

Damage - 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 + 5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 4, 4) = 19 Electrical

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Waiting for Kregimie's move


M Gnome Rouge 7

Not sure without a map, but can Kreg take another 5' step and flank this round? If not, he will take another 5' step to get into position for next round. Koremar would be aiming to flank also, right?

Wondering where his other two comrades are, Kreg continues chipping away at the beast in front of him.

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 acid damage

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Speed round version to get things going again now that I'm home...

Round 5:

Koremar: 21
Satyrs: 16
Thunder: 15
Kregimie: 12
Abigail: 8

Koremar puts down one of the satyrs, it's body arcing as the electricity blasted through it.

In the next moment, Kregimie closes in on the other satyr -- whose attacks against the elf are easily parried -- and slams his spear into him, drawing a howl of pain before the fey creature collapses. Added in sneak attack damage; it's merely unconscious, not dead

In the garden, Thunder Rolling and Abigail suddenly find their fear abating, labored breathing returning to normal.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 6) = 18


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail doubles back, followed by Sacha, drawing her mace.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar was relieved that they had taken out their foes without any more harm to themselves. He looked around for something to tie up the unconscious satyr.

You want to go see if you can find our scared friends Kreg? I will wait here.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Stones and rain! What was that? Some evil of the mind, or a witch's foul spell of sorts." Thunder rushed back, following close behind Abigail.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg lets out a sigh of relief as his opponent hit the ground. He didn't want to betray his attempt at hiding the true fear he felt by losing two of his allies during battle.

If Kreg was able to sense that the creature might stabilize, he would tell Koremar to finish it off before leaving.

Kreg nods at Koremar and quietly sneaks down the path his friends took while leaving.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,246 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.