Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


901 to 950 of 1,246 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Let me know what you guys want to do next. Press on? Camp?

Also, Kregimie should be back tomorrow.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Lets find a place to camp aways from here to rest and reorganize before moving on. That battle was too close and coudl have easily gone very differently.

reposting the loot - 8 goodberries, a pearl of power (1st), one scroll each of antiplant shell and neutralize poison; +1 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield and a handy haversack.

Can Koremar tell if the scrolls are arcane or divine?


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"You're right Koremar. And I could use the rest. I'll take the scrolls, for I think I'm the only one who could use them. I think you should have the pearl though."

I put the scrolls in my equipment.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Good to be resting, but not too long, I think. Rhoswyn surely knows of us by now. I stand watch while you rest."


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar will nod at Abigail and pocket the pearl.

Thank you very much Thunder.

The martially trained elf has no problems falling asleep.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The night passes uneventfully, though twice patrols of worg-riding spriggans come close to your camp.

Feel free to make any preparations or do anything else at the Faengard before making your way toward Rhoswen's palace, which is about 40 miles away.

1d100 ⇒ 18
1d100 ⇒ 13


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Isn't the Faenguard where we are supposed to restore the stones? Have we done that yet?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Yes. And no.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"We put stones back now? Or keep until we get staff from Rhoswyn?"


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"Hmmm... I'm not sure. Since we dont't know how she removed them, perhaps it'd be safer to confront her first. On the other hand, if we die in the battle, I would prefer the gate be closed... May Erastil guide our judgment."


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg seems uninterested in the talk of planning the day's events. He isn't his usual chipper self. Perhaps because of his dream that replayed the previous day's battle with a different outcome.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Maybe Tenzikel-gnome moved them for her? Fey friends said dark fey could not touch, but the gnome was gnome."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Bump; not sure what you guys want to do.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail, after resting, prays to Erastil, asking for His help against the evil fey. Feeling replenished by her god's grace, she smiles at her companions: "Friends, Thunder Rolling has a good point, but who knows how many allies Rhoswen has in her foul quest for revenge? I will ask Erastil for His guidance. Give me a few minutes to commune with His servants."

She stands and chants, making offering gestures as she burns incense, wrapping the fumes around her body: "Old Deadeye! I seek your wisdom! Should we first meet Rhoswen in battle, or place the stones that would lock her on this realm?"

Cast Divination. Chance of success is 77 %.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Aripha said that we would have to replace the stones and perform the ritual from atop her tower with Rhoswen's staff. We will possibly have to defeat the Queen before doing either.

Rested, refreshed and hopefully prepared for whatever came next, Koremar sat silently while Abigail communed with her god.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Abigail:

Place the stones to bar the way, to seal the pass, slay the fey.

1d100 ⇒ 5


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"Place the stones to bar the way, to seal the pass, slay the fey." Abigail offers. "Mmh... Not sure. Safest would be to get to Rhoswen, no?"


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Hmm...your god graces you with such answers Abigail. Maybe we can not slay the Queen unless the stones are replaced first.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, that was intended to be more clear. Erastil's definitely telling you you can place the stones first...


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Sounds as if stone need to be placed first, then we kill Rhoswyn. Out of order? who knows what happens?"


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"Let's go then, by His grace!"

Bow in hand, Abigail calls Sacha to her heel, then turns to Kregimie to lead the way.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar maticulously cleaned Mai'Tahl and then checked his gear.

Does anyone want this Haversack? They're quite handy.

The elf grinned at his attempt at humor. They had all been perhaps too melancholy of late and he realized that this could be one of the Queen's tactics.

So, we need to find the proper place to replace the stones. Any ideas?


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"I can carry if need be. As for stones, look around. got to be hole somewhere on this hill." Thunder Rolling waved an arm around, then followed his own advice and went looking.

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

The magus nodded at the mwangi warrior's wisdom and followed suit.

Percpetion - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You're easily able to find the gap in the wall around the round at the site of the fight with Tenzekil.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kregimie has been in a daze most of the morning. He can feel himself slipping into the grey again, losing himself in mourning for Tenzekil. Finally he is able to picture Lumi and her beautiful smile.

"I can see what lay beyond the gap a ways." Kreg says, feeling better with a sense of purpose.

Kreg will check the opening and a few paces of the path inside for anything interesting. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14(+3 for traps)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The gap is where you had that entire fight. Note the rocks going north-south in the middle of the map, and the opening south of Abigail.

Old combat map


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Kregemie-friend can scout while we place stones. Come."


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar will start pulling the stones he had stored in his Bag of Holding out and then help with arranging them to refill the gap in the wall.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kregimie doesn't see anything of concern as the rest of you quickly replace the stone wall.

That finished, you begin making your way to Rhoswen's castle, a trip of about 40 miles. You manage to make your way stealthily, avoiding any spriggan patrols, until finally the forest sounds fade as the undergrowth parts, revealing a massive, thorn-wrapped palace rooted upon the valley floor.

Intimidating spikes cover its walls, projecting outward with deadly intent. Three separate towers rise from the tangle, reaching toward a dark canopy of trees as tall as any mountain.

1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 15


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"Here we are... Should we knock?" Abigail smiles as she pats Sacha.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg examines the structure and looks for all of the potential means of entry.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar looked up at the ominous castle with apprehension...this will not be easy...

Can you find us a hidden way in Kreg? What should we look for?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kreg, from where you are, besides the obvious gates, you can see what look like several windows on the second and third stories of the castle, as well as in the main tower. There also appear to be a couple balconies -- one on the second and third story -- that would likely provide access if you can get up to them.

Looks like we've got to the end of the week before we go on hiatus for a month...


M Gnome Rouge 7

I assume there are doors on the ground level also?

Kreg points out the potential entrances to the others in his crew.

"I would wager that those aren't just any regular thorn vines covering the exterior. They may even be magical. Climbing up to that second floor balcony may be out best chance of getting inside, but those vines may try to strangle us on the way."

Kreg walks to the castle wall and places his hand in the thorns gently to see if he was correct in his thinking.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"I do not see why we should not use front door. If guards there be, let them come feel the taste of axe and arrow, of spear and magic. But, if climb, we must, then climb we will."


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail listens in silence, taking in the wisdom provided by each of her companions, wondering about her animal companion. "If we choose the main gate, we then must strike hard and swift, to pierce their outer shell."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Yes, there are the main gates; you don't see any other first-floor entrances.

The castle doesn't seem to react when Kregimie touches it.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


M Gnome Rouge 7

Oops. I suppose we might not have been close enough for me to walk up and touch the wall of the castle. So I will act as if Kreg is investigating the entry points from close range. He will try to be stealthy and inspect the main entrance for traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Perception (traps): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar wasnt thrilled about the idea of going through the main gates. It was tactical suicide.

The main gates will be a death trap. Only an army can afford to assault the gates ofa castle and heavy casualties are expected. Lets try to climb up to one of those upper windows.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"Wise words Koremar. Sacha can climb, but I'll certainly fly! Let's find a window or a balcony we can use."

Abigail scans the fort for a suitable place to enter.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You don't see any traps near the front gates, Kregimie. Abigail, looks like the best places above-ground are the two balconies. It would probably be a tight fit to get in the windows, though it could be done with the right magic.

I'm assuming Abigail/Dreaming Warforged is getting ready to leave, so we'll go on hiatus starting Friday, though feel free to post anything else. Hopefully we'll pick back up in a month. DW, let us know when you return and everyone else, let us know if you've got other vacations planned.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Okie dokie, boss. Abigail, have a good trip!


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

In the ooc thread, I mentioned I will be around a computer. I'll have some plans, but won't be offline for a month :)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Need to know what you all want to do.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Unless we can find a way to widen those windows on the balconies; we'll have to go through the front gate despite the wisdom against that action. Let's go then and finish this Queen Rhoswin once and for all.

Unless anyone has any objections or better ideas; Koremar will move towards the front gate.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Just to clear up, there are two balconies you can potentially access -- one on the second and one on the third story -- as well as windows.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Just to be sure, because now I am confused. Are the balconies having doors leading inside, or do they just have narrow windows?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You can't tell from where you're standing. You can just see balconies; plus windows in other locations.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"We should scout the first balcony first, no? Anyhow, I'm game to try the front gate."

901 to 950 of 1,246 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.