Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


651 to 700 of 1,246 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Somehow they must have been taken from the Fellnight Realm," Aripha, the nymph, explains. "Though they should burn any Fellnight fey, so I don't know how Rhoswen managed to do so."


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Then it sounds as if we need to take them back to the Fellnight Realm and replace them....maybe Rhoswin had the help of some non-fey to remove them?


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Mmm...that not be first time men be doing the bidding of another. Willing or otherwise. But going into this Fellnight Realm? It sounds like bad idea. Fighting in probably not so hard. Is getting out again that be difficult. What keep us from being trapped there with this Rhoswen?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The fey nod at Koremar's suggestion. "Yes," Aripha says, "that is possible."

"We don't know exactly where from the faengard these stones were taken, but there will be a gap visible in the ring of stones. You would need to repair it with the ones taken from the pool."

However, she explains, you would need to perform a ritual to reactivate the ward, which would have to be done from the highest tower of Rhoswen’s palace and using the crook of Cildhureen, a magic staff in Rhoswen's possession.

"The wardstones will not affect you, Mwalaiuliopalangalawinusawi," she explains, "though you may have to fight your way out. We could provide a defense of the forest and help keep the way open for your return, but truthfully we are divided. Some believe we should ally with Rhoswen and attack Bellis ourselves. Perhaps you could rally us into a strong, unified force, but otherwise I fear what this council shall decide to do."


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar could harldy believe his pointed ears and shook his head slowly.

By the Green Faith, why would they choose to join with Rhoswen? SHe threatens everything...

The magus realized that he was out of his element at this point and his heated words might do more harm than help. He was a warrior and not a diplomat.

Abigail, could you speak to the council?


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

"I would be honoured, if the council would have me, to speak to them, though I'm a shy person and do not fare so well in front of a crowd."


M Gnome Rouge 7

The thought of some of the fey aligning themselves with Rhoswen made Kreg's mind fill with vile and contempt. He felt himself move away from his composure and maybe a step towards blood lust...and then he steadied himself. He thought of Tenzekil and his need for revenge and thirst for power made the gnome surrender to the bleaching.

And then he thought of Lumi. Her bright face and luminous smile.

"Abigail, you would be a perfect spokesman. I will assist you with your speech in any way I can."

Kreg will try to assist in Diplomacy to give her a +2 when needed.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Very well," the fey agree, "we will make sure you have a chance to speak when we meet tonight. Please feel free to take your ease until then, though I would be careful about wandering. As I've said tensions are high."


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Thank you. We will rest right over there.

The elf indicating a spot out of the way but close enough to be hailed.

He took a seat in the grove and retrieved some rations from his pack. He ate silently for a time contemplating all they had been through.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail searches for a peaceful glade to meditate and search her faith for the right words, hoping to sway the fae in aligning with the good people of this realm. She tries to remain open and looks for arguments on both sides of the dilemma.

She kneels in the shadow of a tree, laying beside her bow and untying her long brown hair, laying them on her left breast. She first prepares a spell that will increase her performing abilities. Prepare Eagle Splendor in my 3rd level spell slot.

She then softly signs the First Commune anthem that calls men to help their neighbours and stand side by side against oppression and darkness inward and outward.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Thunder Rolling took up a relaxed stance near where Aripha indicated. He considered speaking with the fey council, but decided that even if Aripha could speak the Bekyari tongue passably, there was no indication that the others could. And he was not even going to consider talking in the common tongue. What a mashup of trouble that would be. Instead, he stood looking out at the gathering.

When Abigail began her song, it stirred something in the giant Mwangi. His people loved singing, and though the language left a lot to be desired in form, the words and theme moved him. In moments, he had picked up the underlying melody and began toning a wordless counterpoint. To hear the big man singing in a soft, but strong baritone would be a distraction to many. But, in this place it just felt right.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg begins to dance to Abigail's inspiring song. At the end of every verse he jumps up and does his signature back flip.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar had been lost in reverie when the priestess's song began. He'd never been much interested in art unless it involved sword and spell but Abigail's song gave him a new understanding and appreciation for the medium. He closed his eyes and finally heard the words; the message humbled him and he firmly felt the call to take up arms and unite against a greater foe.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The group gathers around a large bonfire as the sun goes down, various beings stepping up on a large rock overlooking the conclave to speak.

Maligorn, the bard, takes his turn first, arguing that there was a reason the fey locked away Rhoswen all those centuries ago. "She is a threat to us all," he argues, "her magic taints us and the land around us. We must fight to protect our homes, not let her trod over us." His followers cheer in support of his words.

As soon as he is done, an angry centaur strides to the makeshift stage. "No, friends, Maligorn has it wrong," he says in a deep, booming voice. "The people of Bellis have long caused us problems in these woods, taking and chopping with no heed for what their actions mean for others. Ever since my people made Oreius Dawnsprinter leader of the Riders of the Verduran, have I tried to protect these woods. I am here to tell you that humans will always be more of a threat than fey. We should cleanse this forest of Bellis and make sure Rhoswen knows she is welcome here!"

That brings many murmurs of assent from the crowd.

Finally, a female elf climbs the rock. "I am called Lielaera Shantru," she says. "We have records of the days of the Fellnight Realm in our homes in Highgrove Vale. I bear no ill will toward the people of Bellis, but if helping Rhoswen will help save our homes and lives, and the homes and lives of all others who dwell in this forest, then I'm sorry, but sacrifices must be made. Just as a diseased section of the wood is culled from the land or a break put to torch to stop a fire from doing more damage, so must we clear an area for Rhoswen that she doesn't take the whole forest with her." Many of the gathered elves seem to nod sadly at her words, which brings approval from the centaurs and their supporters.

Finally, Vinroot stands and clears his throat for attention. "Several of us were rescued recently from Rhoswen's supporters. I call for the moot to let them speak." He gestures to Abigail, Kregimie and Koremar, urging them to take the dias.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Thunder Rolling dropped to a loose squat as Vinroot motioned for the others to speak. This was not his time or place for action, or for words. Instead, the muscular man adopted a pose of stillness, turning himself into a living statue as he waited to hear Abigail speak.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail, as she senses the time has come for her to address the council, removes her armor and leaves them with her weapons in the glade. She prays to Erastil to find the right words to convey as she loosens her hair and lets her white tunic flow freely.

Cast Eagle Splendor

As she walks up to the assembled members, she utters one last prayer, a simple request not just for the words, but for the wisdom.

Cast Guidance

Clad only in her white tunic, hair loosened and resting on her shoulders and breasts, Abigail lets the air settle around her. Feeling the eyes converge on her, she starts in a low voice, letting it rise slowly through her speech:

"Members of the Council, Friends, my friends and I have traveled your woods to restore justice for a dear friend and to protect the twon and its surrounding woods for a dark menace. We have traveled to defeat Rhoswen and ensure she stays in her forsaken realm!"

"Now I have heard on this eve words of wisdom, uttered by honorable members of our community. Some of you think that we should get rid of her, and me and my friends think the same way. Others would prefer to welcome her and rid us of Bellis. Other still wish to make room for her, striking a fragile truce. All these options have advantages and disadvantages... Indeed, one should be called a fool that he would simply say the choice is obvious."

"But what I have heard as well, is a resentment towards the town of Bellis and its people. I believe that it is in this resentment that lies our problem, and our solution."

"Rhoswen is a fey of evil, meshing dark and evil necromancy in her heritage. As such, her coming would not entail balance. It would not endeavour to find a common ground. It would not seek an equitable sharing of the wonderful land. No, evil does not speak to these values, to these principles. Evil speaks of greed, of competition, of winners, and of losers. Evil looks for dominance. Evil uses aggression and strives in warfare. Evil Rhoswen is not what you seek."

"No, for my friends and I have heard you, and you do not seek aggression and warfare. No, you speak instead of understanding, of respect, of sharing equitably. We believe these are good values, good principles, and we also know, in our hearts, that you will find the same in the hearts of the good people of Bellis."

"And so here I stand in front of you, telling you that such an understanding can be build with Bellis, through time and effort, true, but it is also what they hope for: Peace!"

"I pledge my support to you and to Bellis in finding that common ground. With the help of my friends here, we will mediate a better alliance between the feys and Bellis. But first, we must, together, rid this forest of the evil Queen, leaving new and fertile ground for a tree of truce to grow, embracing all in its roots and branches..."

She humbly lowers her head and goes back in the crowd assembled.

Diplomacy w/ Eagle Splendor and Guidance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


M Gnome Rouge 7

Wow. What a speech!
Kreg stands by Abigail to lend support to her cause. Nodding in approval at the high points in her masterly delivered speech
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Nice speech indeed.

Abigail's words at first don't seem to sway the gathered crowd, but as others raise their voice in her support -- Kregimie, but also Fira the dryad, Palombier, Vinroot and Devarre -- more seem to pick up her cry against Rhoswen.

Unfortunately, as the night goes on, while most of the crowd comes around to agree to support you, the Riders of Verduran remain adamant in their opposition. They eventually ride out of the gathering shortly before midnight, leaving the remains of your forces without their deadly archery skills. "You will regret this," Oreius calls over his shoulder as he leaves last. "Rhoswen's forces will trample over you."

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Thunder Rolling stood from his place near the others and stretched his neck and shoulders once more. "Mmm....that good talk Abigail. I think no one could have said better. As for those, they had their mind set already, like rot in wound. Sometimes salve not work. You have to cut it out."

The man picked up his greataxe and lifted it to a resting place on his shoulder. So, what now?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"It is late and there is nothing more to be done tonight," Palombier says. "I can show you a place to sleep, if you wish."


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar could hardly believe that some chose to side with the evil Rhoswin but at last the others had seen the straight of it. He replied to Palombier's suggestion.

That would be much appreciated.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

"Very well. Sleep before a battle is good."

Thunder Rolling followed Palombier to the place of rest, where he carefully stripped off his armor and laid it on the ground next to him. A small vial of leather oil was used to coat the offending straps, and slight adjustments were made. Tomorrow the armor would fit better, and perhaps not rub quite so much across his left shoulder blade.

The mwangi glanced at his axe, but there was no need to sharpen it this night. Nor most nights, really. I was a good adamantite blade, and would not nick even if he drove it into granite. Only an encounter with another adamantite (or harder) blade would nick the edge.

Finally, the big man lay down and closed his eyes. He had learned early on in his life as a slave how to drop off to sleep quickly. You never knew when you were going to be kicked awake.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

The elven magus regarded the large Mwangi as he prepared his armor and weapons for the trials to come...he'll be a terror on th efield of battle... He had been so lost in his troubled thoughts that he hant asked the man how he's come to get caught up in all of this. He reckoned that his tale would be similar to his own..wrong place, wrong time...but somehow all for the better... These thoughts trailed off as he figured he better take Thunder Rolling's lead and try to get some sleep as well.

Koremar layed out his bedroll and stared at the visible stars until rest took him.


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg follows his friends and Polambier. He won't let himself get at somber as the others. He defeated those feelings earlier in the day.

He lays out his sleeping arrangement and contemplates Lumi's smile and people i he friendly village before falling asleep.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail watches with sorrow as some leave, knowing she will meet them on the battlefield and strive to bring them down.

She thanks Palombier and sets herself to pray and sleep.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The night passes uneventfully at first until you're suddenly all woken by a scream, as someone yells out "Spriggans!" before the voice is suddenly silenced.

You wake to the sight of dozens of the horrid gnome-like creatures -- many 10 feet tall -- surrounding the camp, the branches of the trees and vines on the ground starting to reach for your legs.

Everyone can roll initiative and let me know what you want to do. You'll also need to immediately make a Reflex save (DC 10) to avoid being caught in the entangle.

GM rolls:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

rolls:
Reflex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Overhand chop at spriggan 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
damage 1d12 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

Thunder Rolling sprang to his feet, axe in hand almost before he was fully awake. He sprang over the entangling vines and flew towards the nearest giant target. Clad only in breeches, he heedlessly attacked, slamming his axe down on the figure that wasn't that much larger than himself, accepting the blow he knew was sure to come.


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Rolls:

Reflex - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Initiative - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Koremar had been sleeping lightly and sprang to his feet with a quickness that would have you believe he'd been waiting for the alarm to go up. He easily avoided the tangling roots that grasped for his feet and drew Mai'Tahl as he moved to defend his companions if need be as the other hand wove a series of gestures to ward him against attacks.

Up friends! and stay together!

- Standard action - Cast Blur. Granting 20% miss chance.
- Move action - move closer to threat and draw sword.
\

Stats:

HP - 58/58
AC - 18
20% Miss chance 0/7 minutes


M Gnome Rouge 7

Reflex:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Init:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Kreg jumps up when he hears the scream. He tries to remain undaunted when he sees the number of spriggans surrounding them. Up friends! and stay together! shouts Koremar, so Kreg takes his longspear and runs toward the direction of his elven friend.

Not sure how close the bad guys are, let me know if I can attack this round.


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Sacha Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Abigail rises and grabs her bow and quiver before the grass grabs it. Standing in her tunic, she first motions to Sacha to follow and protect Kregimie.

She hadn't had time to commune and ask Erastil for support for the day, so she'd have to be careful about the prayers she could utter.

She reaches for her quiver and lets arrows fly in a rapid sequence at the closest Spriggans she sees. Noticing how the spell was of minimal nuisance, she opts to use it as cover and remains still.

Meanwhile, Sacha charges and pounces on the closest Spriggan to show up in Kregimie's path.

Abigail's Rapid Shot:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11; 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 +1 hit and damage if within 30 feet
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15; 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 +1 hit and damage if within 30 feet
Sacha's power attack pounce:
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25; 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Kregimie, the spriggans were not in melee range this round.

As you spring to your feet, Abigail quickly fires off a couple arrows that streak harmlessly into the night.

Suddenly two spriggans appear, seemingly materializing out of the grasping vines on each side of each of you. Sacha's able to bite one of them next to Kregimie, but they seem to penetrate your guards with ease, each of you suffering blows that seem to find your most vulnerable spots! 12 hp to Abigail; 8 to Koremar; 18 to Kregimie and 27 to Thunder

[spoiler=Dice rolls]
Abigail:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) + 1 = 12

Koremar:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + 1 = 8

Kregimie:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) + 1 = 11
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 1 = 7

Thunder:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + 1 = 13
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) + 1 = 14


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Koremar has 20% miss chance thanks to Blur right now.

The magus shifted his focus and flames lept on along the blade of Mai'tahl. He didnt hesitate to attack the closest spriggan.

Attack - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Damage - 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (6) = 14

Stats:

HP - 58/58
AC - 18
20% Miss chance 0/7 minutes
Mai'Tahl - Flaming
Arcane Pool - 7/8


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Motteditor, since positioning is now crucial, would it be possible to get a map? If not, what's the best way to describe moving so as to avoid being flanked?
Other question: I usually wear a mithril breastplate. Can one sleep in those? If not, my AC is 7 lower.


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Stats:

HP - 67/94
AC - 15 (not wearing armor to bed)
greataxe in hand

Thunder Rolling shook his head to clear it from the blow he had just taken. Then, with vicious swiftness, he slashed at the thorny creature before him, as if he were chopping down a tree. His backswing was as vicious as his chop, the former slaves muscles nearly bursting with the effort.

dice rolls:

attack1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30, PA
damage 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

attack1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17, PA
damage 1d12 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37


M Gnome Rouge 7

HP: 60/78

Kreg moves back from the Spriggan to make room for his longspear. Let's see how you like this big fella! he says to himself as he stabs at the beast.

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 acid damage

Yes, I'd also like a map so that I can try to flank for my sneak attack damage.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Map is now here. Sorry for the delay on that.

Abigail,you should be able to sleep in mithril breastplate without a problem; Koremar, the spriggans seem to be able to see through your blur somehow.


M Gnome Rouge 7
motteditor wrote:

Map is now here. Sorry for the delay on that.

Well this doesn't look good!


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail cringes as she takes in the critical state they were in. How did they slip by? We're outflanked and outnumbered!"

She drops her bow to the ground and instead grabs her long mace. She steps out of the spriggans kill zone and utters a swift prayer to Erastil, increasing her size dramatically, then takes a powerful swing at the closest one.

FrA: Drop bow
MvA: Draw mace
5-foot step NE
SwA: Growth Domain Enlarge round 1
StA: Power Attack 2-handed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16; 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 1) + 11 = 17

Meanwhile, Sacha tries to claw at one and keeps a hold on it.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27; 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7, free grab if it hits: CMB 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2
Like something out of a bad dream, you see spriggans fighting with a number of other beings in the camp on all sides, and shouts and cries fill the night-time air.

Abigail misses the spriggan opposite her, and suddenly they also spring up to 10 feet high, much as she did. They laugh cruelly, the sound echoing in the priestess' ears, as they close in and attack. They manage to hit twice, both times seeming to find a way through your armor to your most vulnerable points. 27 hp total

Kregimie and Sacha manage to score on the two spriggans near them, the panther grabbing hold, though the thorns on the spriggan's body dig into her flesh. The creatures attack back, one hitting Kregimie twice 8 hp and the other hitting Sacha once 6 hp.

Koremar is able to hack into one of them, sending green ichor flying, but then he finds himself caught in the grasses, which seem to reach for his arms, entangling him.

Thunder manages to connect once with his axe, cutting a huge swath out of the creature, but then the grass, as with Koremar, reaches up to entangle him, throwing off his second vicious blow.

The two spriggans surrounding each of the trapped warriors grin and strike with abandon. 15 hp to Koremar; 20 to Thunder

"Hey!"

Dice rolls:

Abigail Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Sacha Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Koremar Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Kregimie Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Thunder Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Abigail
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 1 = 16

Kregimie:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sacha:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Koremar:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 1 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Thunder:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 1 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 1 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Stats:

HP - 35/58
AC - 18
20% Miss chance 0/7 minutes
Mai'Tahl - Flaming
Arcane Pool - 7/8

Koremar was alarmed at being ensnared while also being surrounded by enemies. It didnt help that he'd been hit and now bled from a few cuts. He knew that he couldnt move as well as normal and so chose to attack the spriggan that was between him and Kreg to give him a much needed edge.

Attack with flanking - 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 18

Damage - 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (1) = 11

Is there anyway to break free of the entanglement?


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail feels her life energy leave her rapidly, though trying to heal herself would only leave her opened to more attacks. She couldn't easily cast a spell, for she would get stabbed for it and the spell would probably fail.

No, she had to stand and fight...

Another 5-foot step to get near a tree to make it harder for them to flank.
Normal attack heavy mace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18; 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15

Sacha, always happy to have a chew-toy, proceeds to turn the Spriggan to shreds.

Roll to maintain the grapple: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Damage from bite: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage from rake: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage from rake: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


M Gnome Rouge 7

Yeah, funny how they all got to flank us without any of us getting AoO's! Also, I think it would be easier if we had the grid numbered and lettered so we could tell you where we'd like to move. I'm going to assume I can sneak attack this round with a 5' step.

HP:52/78

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 acid damage, plus 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 3) = 17 sneak attack

If I do get to sneak attack, then I'll use my Befuddling Strike.

Befuddling Strike:
(Ex):
When the rogue deals sneak attack damage against an opponent, that opponent takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls against the rogue for 1d4 rounds. Source: Advanced Player's Guide

Befuddling Strike for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.


stats:
HP - 67/94
AC - 15 (not wearing armor to bed)
greataxe in hand

Gritting his teeth against the blows, Thunder Rolling continued to hack at the spriggan. His return swing viciously landing in the same location as the first.

dice rolls: :

attack1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31, PA
damage 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
attack2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, PA
damage 1d12 + 25 ⇒ (8) + 25 = 33

can I add dice rolls to the post after I preview? Here goes
Confirming crit n blow #1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
extra damage 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
extra damage 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Koremar, the whole area appears to be covered in the effect of the grapple, likely due to the large number of Spriggans. Kreg, there is a method to my madness, I promise. Though numbering the grid is a bit beyond me; you can just tell me how many squares you want to move in what direction.

The nightmare continues as Koremar again hacks into the Spriggan, which snarls but refuses to die. The elf's two opponents continue to hammer him, and while he's able to fend off most of their attacks, both connect once. 19 points damage

Like her companion, Abigail manages to connect with one of her foes, but fails to put him down. He strikes back, connecting twice as she fends off the other spriggan's attacks, and the priestess feels pain lance into her before she's mercifully claimed by the darkness. 22 hp damage

Sacha meanwhile, tears into the spriggan she has in her claws, despite the pain of the thorns covering its body cutting into her flesh. The creature tries to fight back, though it's mostly ineffective. 7 hp total damage

Kregimie and one of the spriggans trade blows, but neither is able to penetrate the other's guard.

Thunder Rolling completely decapitates one of the creatures, a moment of hope that fades quickly as another spriggan begins rushing toward him. His remaining foe manages a swipe back at the opening, leaving a small flesh wound on the Mwangi warrior. 5 hp damage

"HEY! WAKE UP!"

Dice rolls:

Koremar
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 1 = 7

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) + 1 = 12

Abigail:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) + 1 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 1 = 10

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Sacha:
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kregimie:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Thunder:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Stats:

HP - 16/58
AC - 18
20% Miss chance 0/7 minutes
Mai'Tahl - Flaming
Arcane Pool - 7/8

I fear we wont win this fight friends!

Koremar was hurt bad and the spriggans seemed to just keep coming. They were relentless in the aggression. With what he figured could be his last breath he returned the attack.

Attacking the same injured Spriggan - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Damage - 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + (3) = 16

Crit Confirmation - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Damage - 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (2) = 13


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Abigail watches the blade slip in her, mouth forming an O-shape of pain as she resumes her lite shape before collapsing on the ground, grabbed by the grass as she nears it.

Sacha roars in anger and terror and leaves its current foe to come charging at the offending Spriggan (probably with AoOs from others) teeth and claws first.

Pounce and Power Attack:
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 grab if hit ; 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
rake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27; 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10; 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


M Gnome Rouge 7

Kreg grits his teeth as he sees Abigail go down. Then his stomach jumps to his throat as he hears Koremar's dire warning. Did someone say "Wake up?" He decides to fight his way towards his fallen friend in an effort to save her.

Mott, Kreg has a reach weapon, so he is moving 5' away from anyone he attempts to hit each round. Thus, anyone trying to hit him would also have to move up to him. So there has been a lot of movement each round already. Not sure where I am, but in my mind I was moving to the right each time so I shouldn't be that far from Naomi.

Longspear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 acid damage


Male Human (Mwangi) Fighter/7

Stats:

HP - 62/94
AC - 15 (not wearing armor to bed)
greataxe in hand

Thunder Rolling spun to face his new target and launched another series of attacks, following the same strategy as before. He cocked his head towards the sound of the "Wake up!" shout, but otherwise focused on his foe.

Dice Rolls:

attack1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
damage 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
attack2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage 1d12 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35


AoO:
Abigail: [dice=AOO (Cold Iron +2 Bane Longspear)]1d20+14; 1d8+18[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 H +2D vs Large); Dusari Sansa: [dice=AOO (Claw)]1d20+12; 1d8+13; 1d20+22[/dice] 1 AoO (+1 evil out. bane)
90/90 HP; AC 22+2+4/15+2/F17+4; Enlarge (0/9), Stable, -1 Str Dusari Sansa: 90+0/90 HP; AC 23/11/20; -1 str

Who's Naomi? Who's DM Bigrin? My head hurts! ;-p


Male Elf Bladebound Magus 7

Figments of our imagination? ^_^

651 to 700 of 1,246 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Realm of the Fellknight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.