Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,162 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Zombies, I think. Dead, slow, shuffling...yep, most likely. I could get a spell that will tell us if there are any more, but we'd have to camp so I can have Erastil grant it to me at dawn. I was expecting bandits, not walking corpses. You still want to scout, or would you rather go as a group in case there are any more?"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell sneaks up next to Prazil, moving like an eerie shadow in the darkness. "וואָס איז די פאָרט טאן? איז עס אַווער?" she hisses standing hunched next to the kobold and points towards the Stag lords fort.

Draconic:

What is the fort doing? Is it aware?


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek hears Treshiell's question and peers toward the fort, his extremely focused dark vision (120 ft! yay!) serving him well.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"If there are more of those things about I don't want to run into them in the dark. Let's head back to the rally point and try the front door in the morning."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Sorry, still getting back into the swing of things.

Kereek, it looks like your fight has attracted some attention, as you can barely make out what looks like some figures in one of the nearby towers moving around. Still, it's too far away at this point to make out any details.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Bigfeet in tower moving. We been seen!"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"Now we have all of them. We should retreat", Treshiell says and shuffles back.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

You're able to retreat back to the vegetation about 300 feet from the fort, with no apparent activity from inside.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"Now that we have got their attention, how do we regain the initiative? " Treshiell muses as she looks out into the darkness towards the fort. "Present Prazil, Kereek and Jon as prisioners to the front gate?"

"Are they investigating?" she asks Kereek.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek peers out at the fort, attempting to see: Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Even with your vision, Kereek, you're too far away to see anything at the front gates. It's about 300 feet away.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek shrugs. "Too far, Kereek no can see fort. Want Kereek get closer? Maybe Kereek stay on path this time?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Treshiell may be in the right. Kereek, as well...if they've planted zombies as guardians, they might be ordered to leave those on the path alone, otherwise how would they get in and out of their own fort without a fight. If we run off and come back later it will look suspicious. If we go back now, we can just say we're new recruits and forgot about the warning of the walking dead in the ground."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil watches his companions in the dark, uncomprehending but nodding agreeably nonetheless. Idly, he scratches Fang behind the ears as he watches his big feet hero friends develop a plan of stunning heroicness and magnificality.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"Then it is decided", Treshiell says keeping her voice just above a whisper. "What is our story. The kobolds are captured for the silver. What about our paladin?" she asks and points her latest crafted trinket, a crude copy of the silver stag amulet made from twigs and straw, at Jon.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek leans over to Prazil and murmurs "גיבורים גדולים רוצים שנהיה שבויים. גם פלדין בשבי. הוא לא יכול לשקר כדי להציל את התחת שלו."

"Maybe him be unconscious? Drink too much?"

Draconic:
"Big heroes want us to be prisoners. Also paladin prisoner. He can't lie to save his butt. "


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Have we lost Jon?

"Since they seem aware of us now I don't think we're going to gain anything by delaying. Might as well brazen it out with Kereek and Prazil as our prisoners, Fang as Agnar's companion, and Jon in the back. Maybe we can strike while they're still confused as to what's going on."


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Throw a spare cloak on, Jon, and pull up the hood. You can stay quiet until needed. You're a bit too well-dressed to be a bandit, but stranger things have happened."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil nods, not entirely grasping the finer points of the plan but content to follow instructions.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Sorry for the slow post, busy time at work.

Jon responds with a resigning sigh, clearly still unsure about the deception.

"Let's get on with it then."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Whoever's tying the ropes, please give me a Sleight of Hand check.

Fang isn't happy as you bind Prazil, growing slightly and hackles up, but he allows the liberties once the kobold warrior reassures him.

Any further zombies remain quiet as you approach the fort with the two bound kobolds. About 60 feel away, you hear a voice call out, apparently to others inside: "Our guests are apparently going to try knocking."

Then, likely to you: "Who's there?"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek groans a little when he heard the voices inside the fort. His fingers twitch a bit, feeling like casting some sort of fiery spell of doom...


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Jon keeps his head low and pulls his hood slightly closer as he hears the voice call out.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"Ho, the fort. Look lively. We have some information your boss might be interested in." Orin sweeps his arms to indicate the two kobolds "We have two prisoners from an abandoned silver mine. Well...it's abandoned now, that is. We understand that the Stag Lord is looking for more people to join his cause, and we're looking to sign up." He looks at his bound companions "And these are our credentials."

Bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

errr... since no one else gave it a shot, Prazil'll give it a go!
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

OK - not as comically tragic as I was expecting!


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

In Draconic, Kereek mutters to Prazil "חושבים שרעיון הרע הזה. כמוני שריפת המבצר טוב יותר."

Draconic:
"Me think this bad idea. Me like burning down the fort better."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil nods to his red-scaled clutch-brother, "אני מסכים. בזמן שאני יכול לרכב בלי אוכף פאנג, הוא נראה מטופש ללא אוכף. אני היה מעדיף שלהסתער על מקלות השערים ולהילחם כמו גיבורי רגליים גדולים הגבורים!"

draconic:
"Me am agree. Me can be for riding Fang bareback, but he am look big silly without saddle. Me would rather we all be for charging stick-gates of stick-castle and fight like valorous big feet heroes!"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Captain Hindsight part 01: who took Prazil's weapons? If nobody wants to, Treshiell can carry some of them
Captain Hindsight part 02: would it be OK if Treshiell cast Mage armor before walking up to the fort?

Treshiell studies the guard to see if he is falling for the deception. She readies a spell to cloud the mind if bandit is suspicious.

Sense motive check maybe? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Ready to cast Charm Person if necessary


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

I can carry Prazil's weapons.

Agnar lets Orin and Treshiell take the lead on this one, trudging behind with Prazil leashed behind him, Fang at heel, acting the dutiful thug. Meanwhile, his mind raises silent prayers to Erastil for success.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)
Treshiell wrote:

Captain Hindsight part 01: who took Prazil's weapons? If nobody wants to, Treshiell can carry some of them

Captain Hindsight part 02: would it be OK if Treshiell cast Mage armor before walking up to the fort?

Treshiell studies the guard to see if he is falling for the deception. She readies a spell to cloud the mind if bandit is suspicious.

Sense motive check maybe? 1d20+3
Ready to cast Charm Person if necessary

Good idea.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

John tries to listen for anything in the man's voice that would indicate that Orin's bluff is working, but without being able to see the man's face he isn't sure.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

"Silver, you say?" the guard calls down. "That might be of interest. I suppose we can always use some more recruits."

Treshiell, the man seems fairly suspicious to you.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil fidgets uncomfortably.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek sees Treshiell's brow knit together and groans. Taking the ruse into his own hands he calls out in a loud, angry voice, "We no mine silver, stupid bigfoot! We mine gold! And you no find it! Only smart kobold know where it is! Ha!" Kereek does his best to look smug.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell locks eyes with the guard. "So you invite us in?" she says with soothing voice. "What is your name?"

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Question: I didn't find anything to indicate if the target of a charm hex would know if he was put under an effect after the hex ends. If i was to charm the guard, would he know it when the effect ends after 24 seconds?

The withc looks down at Kereek after the kobold's outburst. Then she looks at Agnar. "Can you keep our prisioners quiet?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar figures it's time to try and help knit the story into a cohesive hole if there's any chance at all of being let inside.

At Kereek's outburst, Agnar will turn on him, looming menacingly with an upraised hand. "Shut yer yap, you overgrown lizard, or I'll slap the scales off'n yer hide!"

Turning back toward the gate, he looks up at the guard. "Yer men up north near Thorn River told us we could make good fer ourselves if'n we joined up. Gave us a token to show ya."

Aside to the party, whispered:"Someone show him a Stag Lord amulet..."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek makes a show of cringing when Agnar raises his hand.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud
Agnar Hrolfson wrote:

Agnar figures it's time to try and help knit the story into a cohesive hole if there's any chance at all of being let inside.

At Kereek's outburst, Agnar will turn on him, looming menacingly with an upraised hand. "Shut yer yap, you overgrown lizard, or I'll slap the scales off'n yer hide!"

Turning back toward the gate, he looks up at the guard. "Yer men up north near Thorn River told us we could make good fer ourselves if'n we joined up. Gave us a token to show ya."

Aside to the party, whispered:"Someone show him a Stag Lord amulet..."

This is not going to end well. We don't have one of those :)

"We don't have one. Rupert took ours", Treshiell whispers back to Agnar and looks to see if the Guard picked up on the clerics comment.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin looks around nervously "By the Gods, man. Open the doors before anymore of those things come out of the ground and attack us again. We want to speak to the Stag Lord himself about this find."
Bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Okay, I can't keep walking a tightrope like this. At some point the dicebot is going to fail me.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Hmm. It says it's as with Diplomacy, so I guess I'm going to say he wouldn't know. (Of course, charm person doesn't say anything about that either.

"Don't worry," the man chides. "You're safe on the path. Come back in the morning. It's a bit late to be letting people in."


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"It is night. We would feel better with walls around us. It will favor you", Treshiell says. Her talks slower than normal, soothing and hypnotic. On her shoulder Thaal's tail starts to fan and the viper's eyes are ablaze.

Cast Charm person (DC15) on the guard.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Sadly, Treshiell's charms don't seem to affect the man.

"That may be, but I don't want to have to deal with finding bunks for you or cells for your lizard-folk. So go sleep in the woods, eh?"

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Looks like the ol' saves magic against Treshiell is still going strong.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Well scat in a hat...anyone else got any bright ideas, or shall we just have someone try to intimidate the guy into opening the gate. I think it's the only social skill we haven't failed at yet.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"It is good of you to think of beds for us, but you don't need to find bunks or cells. The kobold's are tied down and we can sleep in your common room. It is better than sleeping in the woods", Treshiell continues keeping her cool for now.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Use Charm hex (DC15) on the guard.

Agnar Hrolfson wrote:
Well scat in a hat...anyone else got any bright ideas, or shall we just have someone try to intimidate the guy into opening the gate. I think it's the only social skill we haven't failed at yet.

I'll give intimidate a try if we don't make any progress here. If that doesn't work then f*ck it and i'm going to voimt a swarm of spiders to set after him.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

I have skill focus: BURN THE PLACE DOWN if you need it...


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

After sitting quiet with the hood pulled over his head for what seems like an eternity, Jon decides it's time to speak up.

"No skin off our back if the lizards stay tied to a tree outside the wall, but surely a game of DnD, wait I mean dice would help pass the tediousness of guarding this gate all night."

Assist Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 +charming

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

"Sorry, lads and lasses, I ain't opening the door tonight. Wait outside or not, but you can come back in the morning and we'll sign you up then."

You can't target him with the charm hex again this day, Treshiell.

1d10 ⇒ 1 And, wow, I guess you can actually use the charming trait on this guy, Jon...


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Mott, I think Treshiell's first attempt was the spell charm person and the second try was the hex?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Oh. Well, that's different then.
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

"Well, I suppose it is dangerous out there, and if we can get some silver ..."

The man hesitates, then you can hear him call out "I'm letting them in now." A few moments later, the main gate begins to open.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek sighs as the gates open. 'Finally!' he thinks...


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud
motteditor wrote:
"Well, I suppose it is dangerous out there, and if we can get some silver ..."

"That is what the kobolds are for", Treshiell anwsers with a certain tint of satisfaction in her voice. She adjusts Thaal like a scarf around her neck and walks through the gate.

Now it would be so badass if i just cast Glitterdust to blind the bandits inside and Kereek set them all on fire. Although with my luck this is a trap and i'm walking into a row full of crossbows pointing at the gate.

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,162 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.