Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,162 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Sorry guys, baby bod was sick so he got all my attention the last few days.

"I'm of a mind to go up and speak with whoever lives there directly," Jon says, obviously uncomfortable with the idea of storming the place on so little evidence.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar looks at Jon and his brow furrows. "They're bandits, Jon. They've captured one of our friends. All the bandits in this area are led by the Stag Lord, and he's likely in there. If they'd wanted a pleasant conversation with neighbors, they wouldn't have captured Rup and injured Mikmek."

To Kereek's suggestion: "What if they say no and decide to just shoot you instead of opening the gate?"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek ponders this philosophical question. "Kereek stand behind Prazil! Kereek safe!"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar nods. "Yes, but then Prazil and his wolf get shot, Rupert remains a prisoner, and the bandits are still protected by their fort. If we're going to be big heroes, we have to think like big heroes."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Big heroes burn down castle?" Kereek looks hopeful.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Not while Rupert is still a prisoner inside, remember? If we're going to trick our way in, we'll need people that look like bandits, not kobolds. Although..." Agnar strokes his beard, pondering a moment.

"Kereek, your tribe's lair is an old human mine. We could go in posing as bandits that have captured two kobolds. We could say we heard about a great vein of silver still hidden in the mine and that we took you to find out where it is. The thought of easy money should get their attention, if we can get them to believe us."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek looks dubious at the idea of being a prisoner. "How you bring Prazil's dog?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Erastil grants me the power to speak to beasts. I can talk to him and have him follow me and pretend he's my companion," he explains. "We'll have to take off the saddle to make it believable, so when Prazil mounts up he'll have to go bareback. We'll bind your hands, but with a knot that comes free with a simple tug. Orin and I can lead the two of you in with ropes and when it's time to spring the trap, we just give a pull and you're free. It's not a perfect plan, but we have to do something."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Each time Prazil's name is mentioned, the eager kobold nearly storms off in a glorious charge upon the stick-castle, but is reigned back in before Fang can make it 3 strides.

As the attention turns to Kereek and Agnar's conversation, and then their attention turns to Fang, Prazil begins to look uncomfortable. Meekly he asks, "Bay-cone?"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell looks intrigued by Agnar's plan. "Are you going to appeal to their greed during the day or at night? There are more of them during the day."

The witch sees Prazil turning uncomfortably. "איר זענען געגאנגען צו פּאָזע ווי געפאנגענע", she tells the small kobold.

"Jon doesn't look like a bandit. What are we going to do with him?"

Draconic:

You are going to pose as prisoners


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Kereek have spell make Jon quiet and sneaky sneaky for short time. Maybe Jon sneak up, inside?"


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Ah, the infamous Paladin problem rears its head.

Agnar Hrolfson wrote:

Agnar looks at Jon and his brow furrows. "They're bandits, Jon. They've captured one of our friends. All the bandits in this area are led by the Stag Lord, and he's likely in there. If they'd wanted a pleasant conversation with neighbors, they wouldn't have captured Rup and injured Mikmek."

"You see bandits, and bandits they might be. But were they born into that life? Have they ever been giving a chance at an honest living? I can't help but to be haunted by such thoughts when taking a life." Jon says mostly to himself at this point.

Coming out of his thoughts and realizing everyone is already knee deep in plaining the raid Jon gives in, "Fine we can do it your way, but if any man ask for mercy it will be granted."


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"No one ever said we wouldn't accept surrender, Jon," Agnar replies, his tone friendly, but firm. "But if they'd wanted an honest living, they'd be farming, or hunting and trapping, not robbing travelers and extorting merchants like Stevic. There's plenty of arable land around here and lots of game. The charter the Swordlords gave us gives us power to deal with bandits in their name, up to and including killing by blade or noose. I don't want to be haunted with the image of Rupert dead because we failed to shove back when they shoved first."

To Treshiell: "We should move in just after sundown. That way they don't get a real good look at us."

Agnar will have Treshiell and Kereek explain the plan to Prazil. Orin and Agnar can hold the ropes "restraining" the two kobolds.

I suppose this is the plan, unless anyone has anything else to add. We talk our way in, and once we're inside, we get the drop on them.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Sounds good - though do we want to survey the entire fort before hatching the plan? Maybe get a count of how many guards man the walls or if there's a safer/less exposed approach from the back?

Prazil isn't a thinker/planner - he'll do his best to do what he's told as he understands his instructions. And Agnar, are you going to cast speak with animals and talk with Fang?

EDIT: Oh, and is the plan to just remove Fang's saddle or his barding as well?


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek is good to go. Just as long as he can easily shed his bonds and use his hands for mighty magic fire, he's ready when you are.

Stealth roll (to scope out fort) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Orin suggested he do a reconnoiter after nightfall. If you want to let me know exactly what you're thinking Orin, I can play that out. I want to doublecheck, but I believe there's 300 yards of mostly barren land leading toward the fort, with only scattered boulders as shelter.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

If Orin is going to go, Kereek will cast forced quiet on Orin and himself, adding a +4 to his stealth check.

Edit: Kereek will save it for if they get close, as it only has a duration of 3 rounds...


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

I'll cast speak with animals and let Fang know what's going on. (Isn't that sad? I can't speak to my fellow party member, but his animal companion? No problem.) We'll just remove the saddle. The barding I can pass off as being protection for an attack animal.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

If the others are willing to wait, Orin will wait until nightfall before approaching the fort and moving around the perimeter at say 60' (outside the range of normal human vision in dim (night) light, but within the range of someone with low-light vision) looking for a weak spot in the defenses i.e. missing boards, a possible blind spot, etc....

If people can't wait he will take the rope tied to Kereek and Prazil and lead them up the road, behind someone with a better Charisma than he has to do the talking.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

I can wait for nightfall AND I have 120 ft darkvision. Cha-CHING!


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

A recon is ok by me.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Recon works. What sort of dying animal noise would you like to be the signal for the rest of us to come save you, should something go horribly wrong?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

What could possibly go wrong? (We really need emoticons on the boards; evil smiley would be perfect.)


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

I think a sudden flame would be the signal for panic!

Kereek gathers himself and slips into the night...


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin will follow behind Kereek, keeping his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.
Stealth check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell sits down crosslegged and watches the two scouts sneak into the night. "We don't have enough rope. We are going to have to use your sword", she tells Jon and picks up a fist full of dirt and smells it.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

"I pray to Abadar that cutting rope is all I'll need my sword for." Jon replies. "It's difficult to sleep after kiling a man, bandit or not."


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"Did the swordlords not tell of of their charter?" Treshiell asks the paladin.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As night falls, Kereek and Orin creep onto the hill near the fort, hoping to get a closer look. Approaching from the north, they begin making their way to the east, to circle around. However, as they get about halfway to the fort, about 150 feet from the cover of the woods, the earth suddenly erupts in front of them and four humanoid figures -- the smell of death all around them -- lurch forward, their clawed fingers reaching toward the pair!

Initiatives
Agnar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Jon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Kereek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Orin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Prazil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Treshiell: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Antagonists: 1d20 ⇒ 6


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil, reacting with preternatural quickness to a stimulus he is not yet aware of, waits patiently astride Fang for something to happen that he can respond to.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek stifles a yelp, but soon makes himself known by casting burning hands to catch as many of the death things as possible!

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 3 = 10 fire, DC 14 reflex for half


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Round #: 1
Initiative: 5
Hit points: 33/33
AC: 18 ; T: 12 ; FF: 16
CMD: 18
Condition:

Orin pulls his sword and swings as one of the undead menaces approaches.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Round 1: Initiative 12, hp 20/20, AC16/t11/ff15

Seeing the flames erupt, Agnar mutters "So much for stealth," and dismounts, grabbing up his longspear and preparing to head up to his companions' aid.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Round 1

Treshiell wrote:

"Did the swordlords not tell of of their charter?" Treshiell asks the paladin.

"... they wish to punish the unrepentant. Even they know that handing out summary judgments is a dark road to..."

motteditor wrote:
As night falls, Kereek and Orin creep onto the hill near the fort, hoping to get a closer look. Approaching from the north, they begin making their way to the east, to circle around. However, as they get about halfway to the fort, about 150 feet from the cover of the woods, the earth suddenly erupts in front of them and four humanoid figures -- the smell of death all around them -- lurch forward, their clawed fingers reaching toward the pair!

"What's wrong?" Jon asks as he sees Treshiell's eyes go wide and follows them to Kereek's fire.

As soon as he can react, Jon grabs and mounts a horse, Ride 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 ready to ride out and investigate.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Round 1, initiative 20
ac 11, touch 11, fleet-footed 10
fort +2, ref +2, will +5
cmd 12
hp 17/17
effects:

Treshiell tails Orin and Kereek with her eyes as she continues talking to Jon. She stops when she sees that their scout party is not the only thing moving in the darkness. She stands up and stalks towards the group. Questioning the paladin about his morals will have to wait.

Move action to stand up
Move action towards the fight

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Prazil: 23
Treshiell: 20
Kereek: 12
Jon: 9
Agnar: 8
Antagonists: 6
Orin: 5

As Prazil, Treshiell, Jon and Agnar head toward the nascent fight, Kereek sends a gout of flame toward their attackers. He's only able to catch one in the burst, but he hits it squarely rotting flesh searing in the heat.

Three of the figures lurch forward toward the kobold, who was leading the way. One of them slams meaty fists into the small sorcerer, rocking the red-scaled kobold back. 6 hp

The fourth slams powerfully into Orin, bloodying the half-elf 9 hp, before taking a vicious swing in return, which nearly bifurcates him.

Dice rolls:

Number of opponents: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Victim: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Victim: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Victim: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Victim: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Antagonist 1: 10 hp
Antagonist 2:
Antagonist 3:
Antagonist 4: 11 hp

Everyone else can make it into melee in Round 2 if they so desire.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Round 2, initiative 20
ac 11, touch 11, fleet-footed 10
fort +2, ref +2, will +5
cmd 12
hp 17/17
effects:

Arriving to the fight, Treshiell starts to weave the strands of reality, disrupting the area near Kereek and the three undead. She accompanies her movement with a low lamentful chant.

Use the Misfortune hex on Antagonist 2. Will save DC15 negates the effect.
Use the Cackle hex to extend the duration one round.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Mounted Combat Skill Checks:

Fight w/ Combat Trained Mount (Ride DC10): auto-succeed
Guide Mount w/ Knees (Ride DC5): auto-succeed
Fang Attack (Handle Animal DC20) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Fang Attack Unnatural Creature (Handle Animal DC20) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
>Fang can't attack this round<

Seeinng Kereek's flash of fire light the sky, Prazil urges Fang into a lightning charge. Closing the distance in blurred flash, Prazil brings his hammer to bear against the dead thing that struck his clutch-mate!

Mwk Warhammer (cavalier's charge):: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13for: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

ugh - nothing higher than a "6" - nice =\


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Round #: 2
Initiative: 5
Hit points: 24/33
AC: 18 ; T: 12 ; FF: 16
CMD: 18
Condition:

Trying to keep his voice low to keep from carrying to the fort "Take care of the ones on Kereek. I'll finish this one and join you in a second."

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

HP 14/20

Kereek snarls as the zombie's fist knocks him back. How dare these undead touch him?!?

Kereek smiles and points his finger at the dead man who hit him, casting defensively!

Concentration: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Disrupt Undead: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Round 2, Init 9
HP 23/23
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19. (+9 armor, +1 Dex)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +7
Immune: fear, disease
CMD 18 (20 vs. Disarm)

Jon charges down the field at the closest abomination

Ride 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 to guide with his legs.

Att: 2H Bastard Sword
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Round 2, Initiative 12

Upon sighting the less-than-alive opponents, Agnar looks them over for clues as to their nature. Knowledge(religion) check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Ugh...Agnar must have bad night vision...

Shrugging, he charges up the hill and sticks his longspear into one of the opponents on Prazil. Charge attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 hp.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Actually, what are those of you who can't see in the dark using for light?


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar doesn't have anything lit, since we were going for stealth, so I guess it's dim light and concealment for all the baddies where he's concerned.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Oops, my bad. I thought Low-light improved lighting conditions, it just increases the range. Dim light is still dim light

Concealment (20%) miss chance (attack #1): 1d100 ⇒ 31
Concealment (20%) miss chance (attack #2): 1d100 ⇒ 61


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)
motteditor wrote:
Actually, what are those of you who can't see in the dark using for light?

Didnt think of that. Jon would definitely be carrying a torch so change his attack to 16 since he will be swinging his sword one handed, suffering the penalties.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Quick post, just to get us back into the swing of things.

Round 2:

Prazil: 23
Treshiell: 20
Kereek: 12
Jon: 9
Agnar: 8
Antagonists: 6
Orin: 5

Prazil manages to just hit one of Kereek's attackers, but the glancing blow seems to be enough to put the already charred zombie down permanently. Unfortunately, he falls just as Kereek's spell goes off, and it flies off into darkness above the zombie's prone form.

Jon rides down one of the other attackers, his vicious chop splitting its skill.

Treshiell's hex affects the second zombie, manifesting in the form of Agnar's spear slamming through its midsection and cutting off any more movement.

The final zombie claws at Orin to no avail before the half-elf's slash finishes it off.

Dice rolls:

Prazil victim: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Zombie 2 save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Jon victim: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Zombie 2 attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Antagonist 1: Dead (again)
Antagonist 2: Dead
Antagonist 3: Re-deaded
Antagonist 4: Pushing up daisies


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Burning off some extra adrenaline Orin snaps at Jon "Turn that damn light off. Next time why don't you wear a beacon strapped to your head."
Turning to Agnar, Orin asks What were those things and are there any more we need to worry about? Do you have any way to detect these things before they erupt out of the ground and try to eat us?"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Who dead people who attack Kereek? Why dead people walk? This NOT NORMAL!" Kereek seems a little shaken by the recent influx of walking dead people, especially the kind that attacks him in the dark.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil's face brightens as he overhears Orin's rebuke of Jon, "Ba-con? Ba-cone!" Then his face scrunches in confusion and he turns to Kereek, "לחכות. למה בייקון שימושי?"

draconic:

"Wait. Why bacon helpful?"

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,162 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.