Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


2,551 to 2,600 of 3,162 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Following the sounds, you come upon a man, dressed in rough leathers and furs, with a spear. Several nets and other ropes hang from his belt and pack. He's spinning around, looking toward the sky. Several small arrows just from his body.

"Where are you, you little devils?!"

Perception 20:

You see several half-human, half-cricket about the size of a cat flittering around the treetops, with longbows.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek stops about 10 feet from the man, looking at him confusedly. "Why crazy man shout at sky? Who shoot you, crazy man?"


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Jon approaches the man causiously, not seeing anything else and noticing no signs that would indicate otherwise, Jon thinks that the man must have gone mad. "What's going on? Are you alright?" Jon says as he snaps his figures trying to break the man from his rant.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17. Damn it, i never get to see the spoilers!

Treshiell looks around but is unable to notice anything else than her allies and the hanging trapper nearby. "We don't think he put those arrows there himself", she says.

motteditor: are we in pixie country? (where we met Perlivash and Tyg-Titter-Tut)


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Orin looks to the sky where the man seems to be staring. Catching a glimpse of something flittering among the trees, he calls out "Tyg? Tyg-titter tut are you here?"
Finally looking at the man himself, Orin takes in all the paraphernalia hanging from his belt and makes a connection. Addressing the hapless man, he says "Oh ho ho, What have we here? Let me guess, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I gather you are out hunting the fey, are you not?" Looking disapprovingly he continues "I take it they did not look kindly on your efforts? The Fey do not like being imprisoned anymore then you or I do, so they fought back. Don't you know they could have just as easily have killed you? You are lucky we happened along before little more than your pride was injured."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You're not in the same area where you met them, but they could travel and are far from the only fey in the area.

The man starts at your voice, suddenly pulling his spear down as he realizes he's not alone.

"I weren't hunting no fey, though I might start now," he exclaims. "I got here to check on my traps and something suddenly started shooting me. OUCH!" he jumps as another tiny arrow suddenly juts from his arm.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Not seeing anything but the dangling man pretending to be a pincushion, Agnar carefully sets his bow upon the ground, making a show of open hands so as not to invite any shots from the man's tormentors. He speaks to the fellow but makes no move to cut him down as yet.

"A trapper, eh? You have any up north of here, in the woods?" asks Agnar, giving Orin a significant look.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Still astride Fang, Prazil sidles up next to Orin. Pointing into the canopy above, he barks, "?אה! תראו! באגים גברים זעירים עם קשתות הזעיר! למה הם יורים אדם ברשת"

draconic:
"Ah! Look! Tiny bug men with tiny bows! Why am they shoot man in net?"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell looks toward the canopy Prazil is pointing at. Seeing nothing she still calls out: "The kobold wants to know why you are attacking the the trapper"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin looks to the grig's and says "Bwrw cenllysg , ceraint. Blesio afael 'ch byliau a ddeud 'm beth wedi damweinio 'ma."

Sylvan:

"Hail, friends. Please hold your attacks and tell me what happened here."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Traed drewllyd gwallt mawr yn ceisio dal pethau nad ydynt am gael eu dal. Cododd pethau gwallgof gwallgof wallgof pan fyddwn yn gosod am ddim," a voice calls back down.

Sylvan:

"Big foot smelly hair tries to catch things that don't want to be caught. He got mad mad mad when we set things free."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek cranes his neck to see where Prazil is pointing and finally picks out the tiny men. "Huh. Tiny men! Kereek wonder if tiny men have tiny gods? Why tiny men shoot big man with arrows?"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"ער איז אַ יעגער אַז כאַנאַד וואָס זיי טאָן ניט טראַכטן ער זאָל גיינ אַף.", Treshiell explains in draconic, for the benefit of both Kereek and Prazil.

Draconic:

He is a hunter that hunted what they do not think he should hunt.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"אה! אז אנחנו נותנים לאנשים הקטנים להרוג צייד או אנחנו הורגים אנשים קטנים או מה?"

Draconic:
Ah! So we let little people kill hunter or we kill little people or what?


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell looks at the trapper, then to the tree top and back again at Kereek's question. "ניט. די פיי זענען פריינט און מיר טאָן ניט טראַכטן זיי וועט טייטן די טראַפּער. אפשר דארט וועט זיין בלוט אָבער מיר וועלן רעדן ערשטער.", she anwsers Kereek then turns her attention to the trapper. "They object to your occupation"

Draconic:

Neither. The fey are friends and we don't think they will kill the trapper. Perhaps there will be blood but we will talk first.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"Beth hoffech chi ei wneud? Mae'n ond yn ceisio gwneud bywoliaeth ar gyfer ei hun a'i deulu. Byddai'n well pe bai'n mynd i rywle arall?"

Sylvan:

"What would you like him to do? He is just trying to make a living for himself and his family. Would it be preferable if he went somewhere else?"


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Jon stands idle, feeling slightly outside his elements when it comes to dealing with the fey.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"They object to my occupation? I'm just getting some beavers!" the man exclaims.

"Ie! Y pethau sy'n byw yn y fan hon am o gael eu dal a'u troi i mewn i fwyd," the grig calls back.

Sylvan:

"Yes! The things that live here don't want to be caught and turned into food!"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"Nid oes unrhyw un eisiau cael ei dal a'i fwyta. Byddaf yn gofyn iddo fynd i rywle arall, os gallwch chi addo ei adael ei ben ei hun wrth iddo wneud."

Sylvan:

"No one wants to be caught and eaten. I will ask him to go somewhere else, if you can promise to leave him alone while he does."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Orin Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Na! Rydym yn mynd i gymryd ei croen yn gyntaf ac yn rhoi i'r afancod! Mae'n ond yn deg!"

Sylvan:

"No! We were going to take his skin first and give it to the beavers! It's only fair!"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

The fey do have a point...

Kereek watches the exchange back and forth with interest. Polite big hero, angry tiny man, angry big man with arrows in him, polite big hero, angry tiny man. The back and forth is almost hypnotic..


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"Heads up, they're going to attack again." Orin unsheathes his sword and holds it at the ready "Byddai hynny'n annoeth."

Sylvan:

"That would be unwise."

Diplomacy didn't work. Let's try intimidation>
Intimidate check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"So tiny men no like trapper. Trapper go away. Tiny men happy?" Kereek pitches his voice louder to reach the fey. "What make tiny men happy? Tiny men want gift from trapper? Kereek have magic ring makes pretty marks. Tiny men want pretty ring and let trapper go if trapper no come back here?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Kereek holds up his Ring of Arcane Signets for the fey to see.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil's eyes glaze over at all the different words in different languages begin to fly back and forth with increasing rapidity.

Unsure how things are going to play out and mistaking Kereek's display of his ring for a threatening display of power, he shakes his head at the futility of it all and readies his bow.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar leaves the diplomacy to those already engaged. Too many cooks will ruin the broth, in his experience. Instead, he moves to the dangling man and halts his turning so he can look him in the face.

"So long as we have to wait and see how these talks turn out, how about you answer my question: Do you have any traps set up in the northern part of the wood?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The grigs converse for a few moments, before one of them emerges slightly from the branches.

"We take ring, you take big foot. This is fair deal."

However, as Prazil raises his bow, he darts back into the branches again...

The trapper's not hanging from a net, Agnar. Just has a few arrows in him.

"Not that I can think of," he replies. "Mostly go for beavers, and they're down here by the river."


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Hmm..for some reason I thought he was hanging from a snare...oh well.

"Fair enough. If we get you out of this in one piece and you meet anyone trapping for big game up around there, you make sure to tell them to mark their traps. Someone made that neck of the woods a mite unpleasant for travelers."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek looks down at his ring. "Kereek miss ring. Byebye ring." He takes one last look at it and throws it into the air as close to where the fey was as possible.

Sighing again, Kereek mutters "Being big hero making Kereek sad." He glares at the trapper.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin places his hand on Kereek's shoulder, "Don't worry, little dragon. We'll find you another ring, something better perhaps." Then looking to the grig's "Do we have a deal?" As the fey agree to the exchange Orin turns to the trapper "I suggest you go a little further upstream to practice your trade."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek brightens at the thought of a better ring. "Maybe ring who makes fire?" He says in a hopeful voice, suddenly imagining a rain of fire falling from the skies as a small kobold laughs maniacally.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The grigs and trapper both sullenly agree to your deal, ignoring Prazil's raised bow, though as you head out, the man lets out one final yell, clapping his hand to the back of his head, where you can see a new arrow jutting out.

He heads off his own way the next day and you continue your journey to the kobolds, where you find the caves in a bit of chaos as you arrive.

Mikmek runs up to you, his arm tied to his body with a big bandage, his other arm waving excitedly.

"Bandits am getting Rupert! He am in trouble!"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell jumps off her horse and meets Mikmek halfway. "וואָס געטראפן? ווו האט דער באַנדאַץ גיין?" she asks.

Draonic:

What happened? Where did the bandits go?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"הם אני לוקחים אותו לתוך הטירה שלהם. הוא אני לפגוע, אבל לספר לי כדי לקבל עזרה!"

Draconic:

"They am taking him into their castle. He am hurt, but tell Mikmek to get help!"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar tugs his beard in frustration over the incomprehensible chatter.

"Ergh, in the Common tongue, please! How long ago, and which way were they headed?"


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil exults in the finally sensible chatter. "טירה? כן! סגיב לי חברים האדירים שלו יהיה להסתער זה הטירה ולשמור את רופרט! ייפ ייפ!"

The grey skinned kobold's eyes light up with visions of great heroing in the near future. If no one else offers, Prazil gestures for Mikmek to join him astride Fang.

draconic:
"A castle?! YIP! Mighty Prazil and his mighty friends am for storm this castle and am save this Rupert! We am for to help you, brave Mikmek!"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek tilts his head concernedly as the exchange continues. "Mikmek say Rupert injured, taken by bandits to castle! Prazil say Big Heroes storm castle and save Rupert! Yes yes! We go and attack castle! Castle made of wood, yes? Kereek mighty magic burn castle down!"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin looks down at the kobold "Mikmek, can you lead us back to this castle. We need to go get Rupert, now!"


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

Treshiell looks at Agnar with her usual unsurprised surprised expression. Then she turns back to Mikmek. "How many caught Rupert? How many dwell in their castle?" she asks this time in common.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Am many. Like kobolds," Mikmek says, holding up both hands, claws extended. "Me can lead you, but am too hurt to help fight."

The kobold directs you down the length of the river -- beyond the scope of your charter -- until, as the day draws to a close, you see a large fort rising from a hill on the plains.

A 15-foot-high wooden palisade surrounds the fort. The hill is devoid of shrubbery for 300 feet save for isolated thorny vines, though periodic large boulders dot the approach. A path of hard-packed earth about 30 feet wide and 300 feet long winds up the hillside approaching the fort's gate. Map in the a.m., though feel free to let me know any preparation/have any conversation you want en route, plus obviously any actions you take at your destination.

1d100 ⇒ 66
1d100 ⇒ 26
1d100 ⇒ 6

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Profile view of the fort


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar stays grim-faced and silent most of the trip, speaking only when spoken to, and then only replies tersely and to the point.

Upon arrival:

"Looks formidable. We'll want to wait until the sun dips below the horizon...too easy to spot our approach up that hill otherwise. Any ideas on how to get in?" He flicks a glance at Kereek, speaking up before the kobold can get a word in. "And don't say 'burn the place down.' Rupert is in there and we'll have trouble rescuing him if you torch it with him still inside."


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

"We can catch one of them and compel them to let us in. If there is a limited watch force that is", Treshiell says.

i.e. cast catch someone and cast Charm person on him/her.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

As the group travels down the river, Prazil chatters endlessly at Mikmek, recounting his many glorious acts of heroing. He spends a great of time recounting the treacherous tatzlwyrms and then, in hushed tones, the cringe-inducing bout of chew spiders versus vomit spiders.

When they at last arrive at the fort, Prazil surveys the front approach with a stern and calculating eye, his right hand scratching his chin contemplatively. "זה המקום בו אנשים רעים שלקחו רופרט חי? אני סוס האדיר שלי מוכנים להסתער על הטירה"

draconic:
"Am this the castle the bad men who am tooking Rupert am for live? Prazil and mighty Fang am for ready to charge stick-castle!"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek mutters something about wood being a perfect thing to burn as he glares at Agnar. "Kereek am sneaky sneaky! And Kereek have mighty magic make hero quiet. Maybe you knock knock and bad men open up? Say you want join bad men?"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"We can wait for nightfall and I can do a reconnoiter of the fort to see if we can find a weak spot." After listening to Kereek's suggestion Orin thinks for a bit "Do we have any of those stag amulets we found on the bandits? We could try and bluff our way in."


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Spells:
1: Command,Enlarge,Armor, Mist. 2: G.dust, V swarm, Web*2. 3: Slumber,Light.bolt,Stinkcloud

That is up to debate. Treshiell did have one which she gave to Rupert before he went to scout the fort. It's either in this game or the RL game i am (was) playing (inactive now) that i specifically said that Treshiell took all of the stag symbols from Kressle's group. If nobody had bothered to take them or get rid of them she would have kept them around her wrist.

I'd say it's up to motteditor if we have more or not.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Any bandits escape when you fought Kressle? If not, we might be able to bluff our way in with those amulets. That or a stealth approach and climbing the wall seem to be our best options.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Why not Kereek and Prazil walk up, tell bad men we want join up? They open door, big heroes run in and kill bad men? Kereek get burn things and Prazil get dog bite things!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Can't say as I recall, though I do remember Patrik talking about his RL character holding on to the symbols (I think Treshiell may have taken one in the PBP). I guess my feeling is if you don't have them on your character sheets, you probably don't have any with you. I don't THINK any of the bandits escaped, since Xanwell killed the one that tried.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil's brow raises in excitement as he recognizes his name in what he assumes is Kereek's Master Plan of Winning and Victory. Also assuming the plan is for Prazil to storm the stick-gate of the stick-castle, he let's Mikmek down off of Fang as the wolf lowers itself close to the ground in preparation for a stunning charge.

2,551 to 2,600 of 3,162 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.