Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


2,451 to 2,500 of 3,162 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Round 1, initiative 9

Agnar will hurry to the edge of the pit. If the thylacine is down, he'll lower a rope and have the others help him haul Orin out. Otherwise, he'll take a shot at the thing.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Round 1, Init 15
HP 23/23
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19. . (+9 armor, +1 Dex)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +7
Immune: fear, disease
CMD 18 (20 vs. Disarm)

Jon walks over to the pit looking for Orin as he considers the situation. "I'd bet the fall did more harm to Orin than that little wolf-cat ever could. In any case, lets get him out of there." Jon says as he throws a rope down to Orin.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Orin: 17
Kereek: 16
Jon: 15
Thylacine: 14
Agnar: 9
Treshiell: 9
Prazil: 7

Orin's attempts to calm the creature don't seem to be working, though it's not completely clear before a burst of color from Kereek hits it and it immediately drops unconscious.

Dice rolls:

Thylacine save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Perception 25:

You hear something moving through the woods toward you, but can't make out what it is over the noise coming from the pit.

Boy, if I'd realized it was just going to require one save, I probably could have gotten this last night...


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Prazil looks over the pit with wonder at the creature trapped with Orin. "!אהה! תראו את החתול הזאב את זה! אנו יכולים לעזור זה עכשיו? זה נראה כמו צייד אדיר" Prazil's question is offered to Kereek and Treshiell, though he looks hopefully at Agnar while he's speaking.

draconic:
"Ahh! Look at wolf-cat! Am we for helping it out now? It am look like mighty hunter!"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"What's he saying?" asks Agnar, as he finishes pulling Orin out of the hole with Jon's help. He looks to Kereek first, then to Treshiell.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin will pick up the unconscious thylacine and put it over his shoulders before grabbing the rope and tying it around his waist "Okay, haul us up."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Him say we help wolf-cat? Him say it look like mighty hunter!"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Kereek, not very strong, keeps an eye on the wolf cat as it's hauled up with Orin.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Oh, they're mighty hunters all right, we nearly lost our horses to a pack of them one night," Agnar says. "Orin, careful with that thing. Are we picking up another stray to add to our collection?"


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Jon intends to use lay on hands on Orin once he has climbed out. Placed into rounds in case mott tries to intrupt...

1round
1d6 ⇒ 2
2round
1d6 ⇒ 3

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Would I interrupt? Heck, no. Other people, though...

As Orin climbs to the top of the pit, a group of six men and women in rough leathers emerge from the woods to the south. "Well, well, boys, look what we got here. Looks like we caught a real handful," the apparently leader says with a malevolent smile.

No laying on of hands has happened as of yet.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek hisses in a low voice. He gets ready to cast, not liking the look of these new big folk.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

I'd like to, but he isn't on my list

Orin lowers the unconscious thylacine to the ground and pats it's side as it lays in the grass Hopefully it wont fall back into the pit when it wakes up." Hearing the voice from behind him Orin straightens up and says as he turns to face the group of newcomers "Don't you know it's not polite to sneak up on people out here in the wilderness? Someone might think you have ill intent."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As Orin puts down the thylacine and turns to the six newcomers, Treshiell's eyes roll back into her head as Thaal's tongue flickers toward the leader. "How nice, new friends," the witch says in a loud whisper, to the apparent confusion of the new folks.

"Oi, we might have ill intent, Sekathral," one of them says in a high-pitched voice, poking the leader of the group. "Might be new friends, even."

"Sure, we can be friends. Friends like to share, don't they? Since you seem to have messed up our trap, how 'bout you share some of your gold with us and we'll be all friendly like and let bygones be bygones."

Bandit save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Sorry, Treshiell...
2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"It'd be a piss-poor huntsman that lays a trap and doesn't bother to mark it so other traveler's wouldn't fall in to it, or is it you just don't care what kind of prey you catch, two legged or four? That kind of wanton disregard cannot be tolerated. You can move along, peacefully like, while I blaze this area for others to see or, well, we have a ready made hole here..." Orin trails off, and nods toward the pit, just to make sure his meaning is clear.

Intimidate (Demoralize) check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil wheels Fang around to face the six big feets. As he looks from Orin to them then to Treshiell and back again, Fang's ears lower flat and he begins to growl softly. Prazil pats the wolf's neck reassuringly then grips his hammer and shield tightly, the two readily adopting a threatening posture.
Intimidate (aid another): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek, hearing the tone in Orin's voice, hisses and shows his teeth, attempting to aid Orin's intimidation.

Intimidate (aid another): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14 size penalty


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Ooooo - I forgot the size penalty! Prazil's aid fails! wah wah waaaaaah

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As Treshiell murmurs apparently soothing words behind Orin, the lead bandit looks like he's listening, appearing shaken at Orin's not-so-veiled threats.

"I don't know, maybe this weren't the game we were looking for," he says to his comrades.

They seem surprised by his decision, and you can hear a few mutters of discontent, but they seem willing to follow his lead. "All right, this time we'll let it go, but watch where you're wandering in the future."

The group begins to ride away and will depart without incident if you let them.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"Well, that went better than I had hoped." Orin says to teh group as he let's out the breath he hadn't realized he was holding "Although they didn't look none too happy about leaving. I'd suggest we all sleep with one eye open tonight." Orin will pull his ax out and walk to either side of the clearing where the trail enters and exits it. Using the ax he will make marks on the nearby trees as warning to others to be on the lookout for the pit trap "I'm sure they'll be back to cover the pit before too long."


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Where the bandits are concerned, I'm tempted to go with Kereek's idea, stow the talk, and just burn them where they stand. If they don't come back for us like the tatzlwyrms, we'll just run into them somewhere else. I just hope the odds aren't worse."

He briefly scans the surrounding countryside, thinking they should watch for trailing bandit spies in the future, before his eyes settle on the thylacine.

"How's about we take care of your stray before he wakes up and gets rambunctious?"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek calms after the bandits leave, turning back to Agnar with confusion. "We let them go? Not kill them now? Why?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"We gave them a choice. They chose to leave with their skins intact. If they change their mind and come back for us again, they'll be lucky to live to learn from their mistake." Agnar tugs on his beard, pondering.

"There was a time when I'd look at kobolds and say 'why not kill them now?' If I still thought that way, I wouldn't have brave heroes like you and Prazil helping us."


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Jon finishes chewing his jerky then gives Agnar a quizzative look, "I'm surprised you'd be so quick to kill, old man."

"I'd rather give them a chance to learn the error of their ways. They may not be good men but they are somebody's son or brother. Being to quick to kill can paint us as blood thirsty.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar turns and gives Jon a long look. "I'm not quick to kill, but you call me 'old man' one more time and you'll see how quickly I can tan your hide. Despite your boyish looks and inability to grow a proper beard, I'd bet I'm no more than five years your senior."

The cleric moves to the thylacine and prepares to assist Orin in his plans for the animal.

"Jon, when was the last time a tribe of kobolds, goblins, or orcs stopped to parley before raiding a village? My response is reasonable. You should be happy I'm more considerate where bandits are concerned. My first foray into these lands saw me chased down by a group of brigands. They ran me until my horse nearly collapsed. Then I was stuck in a cave for a full day while they tried to wait me out. I'd be dead if it weren't for Orin, Treshiell, and their companions. A more vengeful man would be scouring every last one of them out of their boltholes and stringing them up in trees like windchimes."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Recognizing the bigfeet word for his great people in Agnar's grumpy retort to Jon, Prazil wheels Fang around and offers a triumphant "Yip! Yip!" and warrior's salute from the saddle.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

"My apologies Agnar, I meant no offense. Truth be told you do look older and wiser than a typical man of your age." Jon says truly apologetic before continuing to respond to Agnar’s greater point.

"I don’t doubt there is evil in this world, and I'm truly sorry for how it has touched you, but if we act as harshly and as chaotic, we risk becoming the very evils we hope to stop."


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar gives a wink, obviously not as angry as he let on. "Spending the lion's share of your days out of doors will do that. I'm sure in another decade or so my skin will be tough and dark as saddle leather, and my hair bleached as corn silk," he says, returning Prazil's salute with a grin.

"You aren't wrong. Order is necessary. Old Deadeye's been teaching that since before Abadar was whelped. I tend to be a bit more...flexible, is all. I've found it a helpful trait in the wilderness. Mercy is a precious commodity. It should be doled out to the deserving. Today they're deserving by walking away from a fight," Agnar says, motioning in the direction the bandits made off. "They come back around again, I'm not sure we'll be serving up a second helping."


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

After the bandits have left and before he marks the clearing.

Orin will carry the unconscious thylacine over his shoulders into the woods until he begins to feel it stir. Then he will set it down and beat a hasty retreat back to the clearing.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The night after the bandits leave passes uneventfully, despite your worries, and you manage to map the rest of the area without incident.

Continuing west, you leave the woods and return to grass-covered hills as you enter one of the last large areas you need to map.

Entering a long, thin valley between two low hills, you discover a thorney thicket with a dense patch of raspberry-like berries draped in white gossamer silk of spider webs.

Dice rolls:

Crossing: 1d100 ⇒ 60
Day: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Night: 1d100 ⇒ 33
Day: 1d100 ⇒ 77
Night: 1d100 ⇒ 50


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar will dismount and get a closer look, seeing if he can identify the berries, and spot any spiders.

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Cast spells:
Invisibility, Web

Back to somewhat full effect

Treshiell floats up close to Agnar. Most of the dried blood on her face has been scraped of. Only some crust encircling one of her nostrils and a dash at the side of her mouth remain. "What do you see?", she breaths next to the cleric's ear.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Agnar, you think they're fangberries, which Treshiell and Orin might recall the odd potion maker, Bokken, wanted.

The best of the berries lie at the heart of the thicket, but harvesting must be done slowly to avoid being lacerated by the thousands of thorns. Gathering enough for one potion or a day’s meal requires about 10 minutes of work and could be painful if you're not careful. i.e. it'll require a Survival check

It looks like the berries are infested with a swarm of chew spiders —- a species of aggressive spider the size of a man’s thumb and with particularly large, serrated fangs.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Looks like we've got ourselves a thicket of fangberries. Tricky to get, but not impossible. Bad news is, the bushes are infested with chew spiders. Ornery little buggers and they'll hurt worse than these thorns."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil looks from the Agnar to the berries then back again. He slides off Fang and stands right next to the kneeling woodsman, their heads only inches apart as they examine the bushes.

After a few awkward moments, Prazil turns to Agnar, "רוצה כזה?"

draconic:
"You am want berries?"

Incidentally, Prazil's love for finding radishes makes him pretty good at plucking berries too =P


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Prazil say you want berries?" Kereek shudders at the thought of spiders. Of all the terrible crawling things in all the terrible world, why did it have to be spiders?


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Survival 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

"It just so happens that House Orlovsky has a patch of these in their gardens. I knew one of the gardners and she showed me the trick to picking them without getting pricked. The spiders on the other hand, I have no solution for."


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Cast spells:
Invisibility, Web
Prazil wrote:


After a few awkward moments, Prazil turns to Agnar, "רוצה כזה?"

"מיר וויסן עמעצער וואס טוט", is Treshiell's reply in a wispy voice.

Draconic:

We know someone who does

Question to Motteditor: Would i be able to cast Vomit Swarm and have my swarm attack the chew spiders, without moving to close so the chew spiders rush out and attack me (like 15ft or something from the bushes)?


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil nods at Treshiell sagely then taps one claw thoughtfully against his grey-scaled chin. He then nods definitively to no one in particular then turns to Jon, ".אני יכול לעזור עם זה"

draconic:
"Me am for can help you with that."

Survival (aid Jon): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Success! By virtue of Prazil's Cavalier Order, that's +3 to Jon's survival check


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Cast spells:
Invisibility, Web

"He wants to help", Treshiell tells the paladin but keeps her eyes on the berries.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Kereek, warn Prazil about the spiders. Treshiell, do you have any magic that will help kill or repel the spiders? Kereek's got fire, but we don't want to torch the bushes. I have a spell that will help, but I can't be sure it will kill all of them. Maybe if we disturb the bushes enough, they'll come out to attack. Then we can kill them without harming the crop, and Jon can harvest us some berries to take back to the potion-maker."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Agnar אומר עכבישים גדולים שיחים ברי. מגעיל הגדולים עוקצים עכבישים המזוהמים רעות רעים נוראים." Kereek tells Prazil, waving his arms to emphasize the terrible size and horrible fangs of the spiders in question.

Draconic:
"Agnar say big spiders in berry bushes. Nasty big biting filthy evil terrible bad spiders."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil looks to Kereek then nods deeply as his red-scaled brother describes the eight-legged horrors. "?אה. האם אנחנו יכולים לעשן אותם"

draconic:
"Oh. Prazil see. Can we for smoke them out?"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek thinks for a moment. "Prazil say smart thing. Is rare, like red moon. He say we smoke out spiders!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Looking at the spell, I see no reason you couldn't use vomit swarm to attack the spiders, Treshiell.


Human Witch 6 | hp 35/35 |
Cast spells:
Invisibility, Web

A smile dances across Treshiell's face and she turns to Agnar. "We can weaken them. Make them fight their own kind. But you will want to back up abit."

Once all preparations has been made.
Thaal rests comfortably on Treshiell's shoulder when the witch approaches the patch of berries (stopping 20ft from the patch). She rises her arms like she's preparing to embrace an unseen friend then chants the spells incantation. The young girl starts to convulse slightly before she studdenly drives both her fists into her stomach with violent force and sends herself kneeling to the ground. Supporting herself with one hand on the ground and the other on her belly the convultions grow stronger. The witch starts to gag before throwing her head forward and emptying the contents of her stomach on the ground before her. Hundred upon hundred of spiders spew forth onto the ground. With a collective mind they all start to move towards the berries.

Cast Vomit swarm

Does Glitterdust work on swarms?


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Aghhhhh!" Kereek's eyes go wide and his scales go pale as we nearly falls down screaming and backpedalling away from Treshiell, his face a mask of horror. "היא עושה עכבישים בטנה! היא עושה עכבישים בטנה!"

Draconic:
"She makes spiders in her belly! She makes spiders in her belly!"


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil looks on entirely perplexed as Treshiell begins her ritual. When spiders storm from her mouth in a vomitous cloud though, his confusion quickly turns to revulsion. Hearing Kereek's diagnosis, he then looks in panic at his stomach, "!אנחנו צריכים לבשל אוכל שלנו יותר טוב! אני לא רוצה חרקים זוחלים מתוך הבטן שלי"

draconic:
"Auugh! We am needs to cook our food more better! Prazil no want gross bugs crawling out of Prazil's belly and mouth too!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Treshiell's invading spider swarm is met with a quick response from the arachnids in the berry thicket, and after a furious battle, almost all seem dead -- or at least enough that they won't be any threat to any of you.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 22; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 20]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

as Treshiell begins vomiting up the spiders, Orin's face blanches but he quickly regains his composure "After this, nothing that girl does will surprise me anymore"
Once the swarms seem to have annihilated each other, Orin removes his weapons and takes a burlap sack from the saddlebags on Windswift. Slowly entering the thicket he will begin collecting the berries and placing them in the sack.

Survival check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek, after watching the horrible spectacle of Treshiell vomiting up spiders and then the war of creepy spiders, decides to wait far away from the berry patch, just to be sure. He keeps a fire burning in his palm, just in case he needs to burn any giant spiders alive.

2,451 to 2,500 of 3,162 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.