Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


2,201 to 2,250 of 3,162 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil watches nervously from Fang's saddle as Kereek wanders off from the rest of the group. Glancing at the rest of the men huddled around a dead horse (not even tasty!), he gives into his worry and prompts Fang to trot up along behind his clutch-brother.

He scratches Fang behind the ear affectionately once they'd caught up.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar runs his fingers through his beard.

"I don't know, Treshiell. No obvious wounds on the body, 'cept the broken horn. Don't know if that'd kill a unicorn, but I'm not overly familiar with their kind. They're magical creatures, I know that much. Mayhap that's why it's untouched, but everything else I've seen that dies, rots, all the same."

GM: Any sort of tracks in the area, or other signs as to other creatures in the area? Also, does the unicorn look as if it were sick, injured, or otherwise out-of-sorts before it died?

Survival check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

An examination of the unicorn reveals no obvious cause of death, although the creature’s eyes are milky and sightless, indicating the creature was blind at the time of its death.

DC 20 Heal:
The lack of obvious wounds seems to indicate the unicorn was likely slain by some form of death effect. Also, it looks like the creature’s horn was removed after its death.

DC 30 Knowledge (planes):
You recall a few tales of how the acts of some powerful fey creatures from the First World can leave their victims “marked” in a way that even their bodies shed a strange aura of repulsion to natural life — as if animals and vermin could sense the anger of such powerful fey and knew better than to involve themselves with such a victim.

Kobolds:

As you get closer to the spectral creature, you realize it appears to be a nearly transparent unicorn, pawing agitatedly at the ground as the Big Feet wander near its body.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Heal check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"The unicorn was blind. Would have been easy prey in this condition. Still, blind but not old. Struck down by some magic, perhaps. Powerful stuff too, to kill without leaving a mark."


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

Treshiell contemplates what Agnar said for a brief moment. "The kobolds have left", she says and points to where Prazil and Kereek walked.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Spoken softly to Kereek in Draconic:

"Ai! Don't let the bigfeets hurt the horn-horse thing!"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

At Treshiell's words Orin looks around
Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
"Where could those two have gone?" he thinks to himself before heading off in the direction Tresheill pointed.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek nods at Prazil and calls out to the big feet. "Hey! Hey! Ghosty unicorn over here! Ghosty unicorn no look happy. Hey! Hey!"


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Ghost?" Agnar gets to his feet and moves in the direction of Kereek's cries, keeping a hand upon his holy symbol.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

"Powerful magic had a hand in her death. My guess is some kind of death magic slayed..."

Kereek! wrote:
Kereek nods at Prazil and calls out to the big feet. "Hey! Hey! Ghosty unicorn over here! Ghosty unicorn no look happy. Hey! Hey!"

"Ghost?" Jon says in union with Agnar as Kereek interupts his diagnosis.


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

"Yes, a ghost", Treshiell replies calmly and dismounts. Grabbing the reins she leads her mount after Orin and the kobolds.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The unicorn ghost paws the ground, lowering its horn as the group approaches.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil watches cautiously as the ghostly unicorn lowers its horn. He tugs the shoulder of Kereek's cloak, "?האם זה סימן טוב? או שזה עומד לתקוף"

draconic:
"Am that a good gesture? Or am we for about to be poked?"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"בהחלט על להיתקע עם קרן. אולי לחזור עכשיו?" Kereek backs up slowly, keeping his hands down.

draconic:
Definitely about be stuck with horn. Maybe we move back now?


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

As Kereek backs away, Prazil turns to the ghostly unicorn and addresses it directly, "?אנחנו לא מתכוונים להפחיד או לפגוע בך. האם אתה בצרות? אתה צריך את העזרה שלנו" The grey-skinned kobold's words are offered lightly as he nudges Fang back a few steps.

draconic:
"We am not for scaring or hurting you, ghosty horn-horse! Am you in trouble? We am for helping if you am not for poking us."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Ghosty horse, he say we am helping you. We no killed you. We is Big HEROES! We is for helping ghosty horses! Please no poke us."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You can give me diplomacy checks, one of you aiding the other...


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

diplomacy(aid another because Prazil's not got ranks in it...) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Edit: whew! Just barely!


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin approaches the pair of koblds. Seeing the apparition lower it's head and paw the grgund, he pauses and stretches out his arms and in a calming voice says "Take it easy, girl. We don't mean to harm you, we want to help you. We want to find whoever/whatever did this to you. Can you help us with that?" he asks expectantly.
Diplomacy check: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"Such a majestic creature, even in death, you shine. Please show us what keeps you in this ghostly state so that we may help you rest. I, Jon Surtova, Paladin of Abadar insist on the honor of serving justice in this matter."


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Agnar stands back, letting the others talk and preparing for the worst should things go wrong. (Ready action to channel if the spirit attacks.)


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

Mud and all kinds of dirt kling to Treshiell's dress and bare feet as she leads her mount through the bog up to the two kobolds. She hovers behind her new companions like a shadow, waiting to see how the apparition reacts.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"I remain trapped until my body is laid properly to rest," the ghost intones.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Aye, we could do that right enough. Get the body to dry land and build a cairn of stones over it..."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek nods his head and executes a comical if functional bow to the unicorn. "Yes, yes! Big Heroes make pointy horse happy! Make happy grave for pointy horse!"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin will go over to Windswift and remove the shovel from his gear and begins digging a grave for the unicorn. "As long as it's in a talking mood see if you can find out if it knows what killed it."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek nods up and down vigorously. "Pointy horse know who make pointy horse dead? Big heroes maybe avenge pointy horse!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Purest corrupted beauty," the ghost replies, keeping its eye on the group.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Evil pretty thing kill pointy horse?" Kereek tilts his head to the side and looks confused.


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

"You should ask if it has a preference regarding its burial", Treshiell whispers to Kereek. "We don't think it belongs here." Then the witch resumes her passive stance behind the kobold.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Um, pointy horse want be buried here? Or somewhere else?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"My life and death are one and the same," it replies, continuing to keep an eye on you and on Orin digging the grave.

Come on, guys, let's try to get our posting rate up, please.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Could we just skip forward to burying the unicorn? It might make for a little more action to comment upon.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sure, was just trying to give everyone time to weigh in. If you're all ready to move on, I'll post another larger post this afternoon, when I get back from a few chores.

Orin finishes digging the grave and he and Agnar carefully move the slain unicorn's body into it. As they throw the last of the dirt on top, the spirit seems to dematerialize with some final words: "Though I can now rest, I remain vigilant. Let no creature disturb this site or they shall face my wrath!"


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Thanks, DM!

Kereek shudders when the unicorn disappears, then begins searching around for large rocks to build a cairn over the grave. If anyone asks, "Me no want dead pointy horse haunting me!"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin will assist Kereek with gathering rocks before looking at Agnar expectantly "Perhaps some words would be in order?" After the priest says his blessing Orin will mount up and get ready to ride.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil waves animatedly at the unicorn's spirit as it slowly fades away.
".איזה רוח טוב. אני מקווה רוחות כל נחמדים כמו זה של קרן היה"

draconic:
"Ghosty horn-horse am nice spirit! Prazil am for hoping all ghosts am for being as nice as ghosty horn-hose."

Barring any further developments, Prazil and Fang will take up their position in the party's travelling formation.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Never done a service for a unicorn before," Agnar says as he lays one of the last stones atop the cairn. "I suppose there's a first time for everything."

Once the grave is finished Agnar stands before the cairn with the group assembled.

"Erastil, this beautiful creature roamed your lands, a child of the wilderness, before it was struck down. Its death was not a clean one, the hunter sought only death for its prey, no meal or bounty was to be had by it or anything else, down to the least of your creatures. Give your blessing then, that the rest of its mortal remains goes undisturbed, a small mercy in the face of such tragedy." Agnar ends with a devotional touch to his holy symbol. He takes a moment's pause and looks to the rest.

"Well, that's it then. Saddle up."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek scrambles back onto the wagon and is soon ready to go.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Finishing burying the unicorn, you spend the rest of the day exploring the area, finding nothing else of note in the woods as you make your way to the northeast.

Late in the evening of your first day exploring, you discover a 15-foot-tall statue of Erastil near the edge of the Narlmarches forest, partially overgrown at the base but towering above the surrounding shrubbery.

Agnar and Orin get a peaceful feeling as they approach the ancient relic.

DM rolls:

Crossing: 1d100 ⇒ 99
Day 1 exploring: 1d100 ⇒ 49
Night: 1d100 ⇒ 92
Day 2 exploring: 1d100 ⇒ 61

Map I figured you would zig-zag across the bottom of the area you're chartered to explore, eventually make your west west until you've mapped everything. Obviously let me know if you want to do something else.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

"Big statue nice god or bad god?"


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

"Erastil is the god of the forests. A very good god" Orin will pull out his handaxe and begin clearing away the shrubbery. Looking at Agnar Orin asks "What do think? Some kind of shrine? Seems a shame to leave this in such a sad state, might as well as clean it up a bit."


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek nods vigorously. "Erastil good god. Gotitgotit. You want Kereek make fire and burn weeds away?" The little kobolds lights up at this and begins to nod fiercely, clearly hoping Orin will say yes.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Jon grabs Kereek. "Hold friend, your magic fire is too strong and may damage it."

He then goes to assist Orin in cleaning it up.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Knowledge (Religion)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Does Jon recognize the statue as being significant beyond being a statue of Erastil?


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek ponders Jon's wise words. Indeed, his magic is very strong. He nods his head and helps clean away the weeds by claw.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Jon, nothing beyond being a statue of the god.

Perception 20:

There appear to be some small stone walls -- barely evident as walls anymore -- behind the statue.

Knowledge (engineering) 20 or Know (religion/nature) 25; if someone makes the Perception check:

Most likely the walls are the remains of a now long-gone hunting lodge.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
The Dicebot, she love me!

"Looks like there's the remains of a set of stone walls over there" Orin says pointing to an area behind the statue. Walking over to stand in the middle of the ruins, he spreads his hands to indicate the size of the area "Judging by the size of the layout I'd hazard a guess that this was the site of an old hunting lodge dedicated to Old Deadeye."


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Prazil looks up at the statue from astride Fang, his eyes widening with wonder the higher his gaze climbs. "!אוווו! הוא נראה כמו צייד אדיר של צנון טעים! אני אוהב את זה רגליים גדולות"

draconic:
"Oooo! This one am for looking like mighty hunter of tasty radishes! Prazil am for liking this Big Bigfeet!"

Prazil will then guide Fang into the clearing with Orin, the wolf's nose low to the ground as he sniffs about for anything of interest. And while the wolf's notion of "something of interest" is fairly broad, Prazil sits excitedly atop Fang's back expecting a glorious discovery of radishes.

Fang - Survival (track w/ scent): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Fang appears reluctant to approach the statue, though you're able to eventually convince him to do so, Prazil. He doesn't find any radishes, however (or anything else of note).

2,201 to 2,250 of 3,162 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.