Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mothman's Whispering Cairn

Game Master Mothman

Age of Worms, Greyhawk, Pathfinder rules


451 to 500 of 3,519 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard/3
DM Mothman wrote:

Da’greth’s spear flies true, striking one of the beetles a solid blow. The two oversized vermin clack angrily, but do not advance across the still smouldering pool of oil in front of them.

Boland is filled with a strange sense of excitement and elation as the swarms succumb to the flaming onslaught. Though still scared, he finds the adrenalin of the battle intoxicating, taking him back to the day so many years ago when he entered the Cairn as a boy. It filled him with dread, and yet at the same time filled him with an excitement that reading and study could never match.


Male Human Fighter / 3

Brash grunts as some of the alchemists fire singes his arm, but seeing the bettles are not advancing pulls out his light crossbow and fires a shot at the one De'grat had just targeted. 15+3=18, dmg=1 ... dough


The giant beetles spin around in tight circles, clicking their mandibles and shaking their wing casings, clearly agitated at the fire and missiles, but not willing to cross the still smouldering floor in front of them. One of them lifts its wing casings and sprays a fine mist out over the burnt remains of the swarm, releasing in an acrid stench into the air and partly smothering the fire as the mist descends.

Someone may make a trained Knowledge, Nature check if they have the skill.

Knowledge, Nature result 12+

Spoiler:
These things are likely Giant Bombardier Beetles. They are known to spray an acid mist when agitated. The spray is of limited range, but can cause intense, sometimes debilitating pain as it attacks delicate skin tissues. They also have a painful, but non-poisonous bite.

Knowledge, Nature result 17+

Spoiler:
See other spoiler. Also; the beetles can see in the dark, but fortunately their wings are vestigial and they cannot fly.

Brashen’s bolt is on target, but appears to cause only minimal damage to the oversized vermin.

Strevlik and Boland may now both take their turns.


Male Human Wizard/3
DM Mothman wrote:
The giant beetles spin around in tight circles, clicking their mandibles and shaking their wing casings, clearly agitated at the fire and missiles, but not willing to cross the still smouldering floor in front of them. One of them lifts its wing casings and sprays a fine mist out over the burnt remains of the swarm, releasing in an acrid stench into the air and partly smothering the fire as the mist descends.

Boland looks on with interest at the behaviour of the beetles, though having done little reading on nature can not work out what the mist would be.

Silently vowing to read up on the behaviour when he returns to town, he returns his attention to the task at hand, gingerly taking his light crossbow out. He moves slightly backwards and to the left to get a better shot and, hand shaking slightly, aims and squeezes the trigger, sending a silent prayer to Green Lady that the bolt might find its target.

Boland takes a 5-ft step to H10 and then fires at one of the two beetles 8 + 2 = 10


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3

Andolphas stares with incredulity as the large beetle seems to be dousing the fire with its misty spray. "I have a very bad feeling about this... Brashen, Strevlik, you make the call if this is something we can't handle... The Green Lady can only hold fate at bay for so long..."

Andolphas maintains his readied action in J11. Is anyone carrying a torch right now? If yes, then perhaps they could see if we might find something that could aid us in this fight in the opposite chamber, or, alternately, we should consider making a run up the corridor?


The wild pig tosses his tusks grunting and stomping.

No torches due to darkvision. I have no options other than melee left, but I'll probably only be able to take 2 rounds at most.


Male Human Wizard/3
Da'gret wrote:

The wild pig tosses his tusks grunting and stomping.

No torches due to darkvision. I have no options other than melee left, but I'll probably only be able to take 2 rounds at most.

Boland still has the ever-burning torch handy, though having just acted might not have a whole lot of time to take further scouting actions. If we form up around the head of the corridor the bugs are in, we can bring to bear 4 sets of attacks onto their two. If we have more oil we could then throw it behind them/at them to catch them between flame and sword. Of course, so says the wizard with little to no combat skill...


Male Human Ranger / 2

It is clear that nobody is keen to get any closer than they need to with these beetles. Strevlik takes aim at the beetle he last hit with his bow and hopes to finish it off this time.

bow attack 18+5=23 and damage only 2 (unlucky!)


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3

Next round...

Andolphas shakes his head in despair, shield raised and spear poised to strike, as beads of sweat drip from his brow. He begins whispering to himself. "O Lady, I pray to thee... do tell that these beetles will not be the ones to carry your humble servant into the Great Beyond... and if thine wisdom would direct that we stand or that we run, I pray to thee, give us a clear sign of what thou would have us do, that I may fulfill the greater destiny thou has set before me..."

Has no choice but to wait in J11, and keep his action readied... Once the beetles reach a square that is adjacent to him, he will strike...


Andolphas Hecker wrote:

Next round...

Andolphas shakes his head in despair, shield raised and spear poised to strike, as beads of sweat drip from his brow. He begins whispering to himself. "O Lady, I pray to thee... do tell that these beetles will not be the ones to carry your humble servant into the Great Beyond... and if thine wisdom would direct that we stand or that we run, I pray to thee, give us a clear sign of what thou would have us do, that I may fulfill the greater destiny thou has set before me..."

Has no choice but to wait in J11, and keep his action readied... Once the beetles reach a square that is adjacent to him, he will strike...

Go ahead and give me the rolls for that attack now if you like.


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3
DM Mothman wrote:


Go ahead and give me the rolls for that attack now if you like.

I don't think I like where you're going with this ;-)... Attack: 17 + 1 = 18; Damage: 2 + 1 = 3... meh...


The only light sources are the almost burnt out remains of the alchemist’s fire and burning oil on the floor, and Boland’s everburning torch (which he would have had to drop to load and fire his crossbow … of course, it is still aflame on the floor, probably in I10, and is casting sufficient light to illuminate the combat area.)

Boland’s shot goes wide, ricocheting off the wall and down the passage. Strevlik’s bow shot is again on target, but the arrow does not appear to penetrate very deeply into the beetle’s carapace.

The fire begins to die down, and the beetles charge forward towards Brashen (who stands closest to them). As they near, Andolphas lashes out at the nearest one with his dagger, the blade managing to penetrate the bugs armoured shell, causing a greenish fluid to ooze from the gash. This beetle appears the more wounded of the two, with Da’gret’s spear sticking out of it, but despite this and Andolphas hit, it fights on still.

The creature snaps its serrated mandibles at Brashen, but it does not manage to penetrate the man’s scale mail.

The other beetle also moves in on Brashen, but rather than biting, as it approaches it spins and raises its wing-casing, sending an acrid spray of mist over Brashen and Andolphas.

Can the pair of you make Fortitude saves, then consult the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
DC13. If you succeed:

The acid mist stings your exposed skin where it is not covered by armour, turning the skin red and causing blisters to erupt. However, you are able to ignore the pain and fight on.

If you fail:

The pain is excruciating as the acid mist attacks your delicate skin, badly burning it. Take 4 points of damage.

End of Round 2.

Round 3.
Da’gret: 10, I8
Brashen: 8, J10
Strevlik: 7, G9
Boland: 3, H10
Andolphas: 2 (delayed), J11
Giant Beetles: 1 (delayed), K9 and K10

Da’gret’s turn.


The boar turns trotting down the hall away from the beetles, grunts and squeals meanacingly, and breaks out into a full run. At the last second it comes in tusks lowered under a beetle and bucks upward digging in and tossing its head back and forth savagely.


MA: to H9, then straight to J9
Gore 11+6 = 17 vs K9
Damage 2+6 = 8

I intended to charge there, but looking again I don't guess I can since I need to move away before I would have the 10' straight path I need. Oh well. It's possible I missed and am sawing only air.


Yeah, technically it’s not a charge, although dramatically we’ll call it one. It’s a hit either way.

Da’gret, in the form of the great albino boar, charges at the beetle with two of Strevlik’s arrows lodged in its shell. The boar’s tusks dig deeply into the beetle’s softer underside and heave it up into the air. It lands with a crack on it’s back, ichor leaking from its wounds, legs twitching feebly as it tries to right itself.

Again, not strictly by the rules, but I’ll say its been flipped, and is now prone and badly wounded in L9.

Brashen.


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3

Just made the save... 11 + 2 = 13! Oh, and for the record, Andolphas is presently wielding a short spear, not a dagger.


Andolphas Hecker wrote:
Just made the save... 11 + 2 = 13! Oh, and for the record, Andolphas is presently wielding a short spear, not a dagger.

Yeah, sorry, I'm not sure why I thought you were using a dagger.


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3
DM Mothman wrote:
Andolphas Hecker wrote:
Just made the save... 11 + 2 = 13! Oh, and for the record, Andolphas is presently wielding a short spear, not a dagger.
Yeah, sorry, I'm not sure why I thought you were using a dagger.

Perhaps because Wee Jas's favoured weapon is the dagger? Andolphas does have one, but he tends to reserve its use for ceremonial purposes... and pragmatism definitely wins out in melee combat against beetles!


Male Human Fighter / 3

Fortitude save 15+5=20 Brash growls as his skin is once again touched by searing heat, but is able to shrug of the pain with ni real damage. He drops his crossbow and pulls his axe from his belt, and takes a swing at the beatle still standing. 14+5=19, dmg 6+4 =10


Brashen smashes his axe blade savagely into the beetle’s carapace, breaking it apart, and causing greenish ichor to spray from the mortal wound. The insect expires messily.

The other one is badly wounded and relatively helpless on its back. Strevlik, Boland or Andolphas could very likely finish it off with little trouble. Who, if anyone, wants to do the honours?


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3
DM Mothman wrote:

Brashen smashes his axe blade savagely into the beetle’s carapace, breaking it apart, and causing greenish ichor to spray from the mortal wound. The insect expires messily.

The other one is badly wounded and relatively helpless on its back. Strevlik, Boland or Andolphas could very likely finish it off with little trouble. Who, if anyone, wants to do the honours?

As the one beetle struggles to get back on its legs, Andolphas seizes the opportunity to strike at its exposed underbelly with a savage spear thrust.

Would this count as a coup de grace? If yes, damage = 10 + 2 = 12. If no, then attack: 17 + 1 = 18; D: 5 + 1 = 6.


Andolphas stabs his spear into the beetle’s belly. It twitches a few times and then stops moving. Silence descends on the corridors, broken only by the sounds of the adventurer’s breathing and the faint drip drip of water from somewhere to the north.


Male Human Fighter / 3

Brash takes a large breath and tries to wipe some of the gore of his axe. 'Well this place sure is interesting, but a little lite on the treasure side of things so far...' With that he strides forward into the room that the swarm emerged from.


Brashen, I presume you light another torch? You must be getting low on them by now.

The north and south walls of this large chamber taper inwards somewhat, and in the nook at the far eastern wall rests a wide stone basin backed by a five foot tall shelf. A hardened orange paste spills out over the two foot basin lip and covers much of the shelf. A few of the tiny acid beetles skitter over and tunnel through the chalky substance, but they do not appear to remain in dangerous numbers.

A huge organic mass completely fills the room’s southwest corner; it appears to be an enormous nest, but again, it appears to be largely empty of beetles now. There do not appear to be any other exits from this room. The walls, floors and even ceiling are soiled by the chalky orange substance and the leavings and acid scarring of thousands of beetles.

Spot check 10+

Spoiler:
There appear to be three oblong lumps under the semi-hardened orange sludge in the southeast corner of the room.

What do you wish to do?


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3

My second kill! thinks Andolphas to himself as he stares at the giant beetle he felled and wipes his spear tip against the wall. Stepping past it on the carpet of roasted bugs, he walks to the entrance of the chamber into which Brashen has ventured, but neither notices nor says anything, and just waits for the warrior to complete his inspection.

Failed the Spot check...


Male Human Fighter / 3

Brash nods to the Priest as he enters the room, whether in acknowledgment or in growing response, he gives no real sign of which. He points to the nest; 'Look... three oblongs, covered in that crap... what could they be?' How long are they? The big bug length? Brash starts to move closer to the nest, tourch held high and axe at the ready. He moves slowly, avoiding the orange substance where possible and testing it when he has to come into contact with it. At the first sign that he is sticking to it or being burned by it (or some other non desirable effect), he will stop


Da'gret reverts to his bipedal form, but remains in a crouch, wiping ichor from his face. The overdeveloped teen regards the group in silence gauging them as predators based on what he has seen so far.

Grudgingly he admits, "That was good work. We fight well as a pack." The boy stands and steps forward planting one foot on a beetle carcass. He yanks his spear free and follows Brashen.


The covered shapes are about 5 to 6 feet long – yes, about the length of the giant beetles, but a lot narrower.

Brashen heads warily forward, testing the lumpy orange substance with his booted feet and axe. When broken apart, the material gives off a slight odour faintly reminiscent of old vomit, and sometimes disgorges a few small beetles that burrow through it. However, it does not seem inherently dangerous.

Poking at the covered shapes causes part of the orange substance to fall away, revealing a bleached white bone beneath – it seems that the shapes may be covered bodies.


Male Human Fighter / 3
DM Mothman wrote:

The covered shapes are about 5 to 6 feet long – yes, about the length of the giant beetles, but a lot narrower.

Brashen heads warily forward, testing the lumpy orange substance with his booted feet and axe. When broken apart, the material gives off a slight odour faintly reminiscent of old vomit, and sometimes disgorges a few small beetles that burrow through it. However, it does not seem inherently dangerous.

Poking at the covered shapes causes part of the orange substance to fall away, revealing a bleached white bone beneath – it seems that the shapes may be covered bodies.

'Looks like the last few explorers wernt so lucky... unless these were some of the dead buried here. Either way they might have something valuable on them. So how we going to get to them, hack away the nest, or crawl in and get them...' does it look like the nest could be broken up? Which option looks easier?


Brashen Trell wrote:


'Looks like the last few explorers wernt so lucky... unless these were some of the dead buried here. Either way they might have something valuable on them. So how we going to get to them, hack away the nest, or crawl in and get them...' does it look like the nest could be broken up? Which option looks easier?

The stuff coating them has the consistancy of plaster for the most part - pretty eassy to break apart. You can probably dig them out.


Male Human Wizard/3
Da'gret wrote:
Grudgingly he admits, "That was good work. We fight well as a pack." The boy stands and steps forward planting one foot on a beetle carcass. He yanks his spear free and follows Brashen.

As the bugs kick their death throes, Boland is filled with an odd feeling of elation - another narrow escape from death! He nods at Da'gret's words, acknowledging the prowess of the combatants in the group.

He follows the group down the tunnel towards the bug's nest and watches on with fascination as Brashen searches through the ooze. The sight of bones quickly sobers him and he remains quiet, contemplating the fate that awaits them should they not fight as well next time around.


Digging around the lumps and the bone soon reveals the skeletonised remains of three long dead humanoids wearing the torn and rotten remnants of suits of red leather armour. An eight pointed star symbol marks the left breast of each suit of armour. One of the bodies wears a decaying backpack in which are four small steel bottles with seals intact, a sunburst symbol barely apparent on the brittle wax seal. Another corpse wears a pearl on a thin silver chain around its neck.

The armour, although now useless, has kept the skeletons fairly intact, although one is missing a hand and another has no feet.

Knowledge Geography, History or Nobility check DC 15+

Spoiler:
The symbol on the armour belongs to an organisation called The Seekers, a group of archeologists and historians (although many would call them unscrupulous treasure hunters and grave robbers).

Knowledge, Religion 10+

Spoiler:
The sunburst symbol on the bottles is the symbol of Pelor, god of sunlight and healing.


Male Human (Suloise/Oeridian) Cleric 3

Knowledge (religion): 10 + 7 = 17; Knowledge (history): 15 + 2 = 17.

"Hmmm... the eight pointed star is the emblem of an organization of historians and archaeologists -- better to think of them as grave robbers -- called the Seekers. The sunburst symbol on the flasks is the symbol of Pelor, god of healing. I would guess that those flasks might contain a healing elixir..."


Male Human Wizard/3
Andolphas Hecker wrote:
"Hmmm... the eight pointed star is the emblem of an organization of historians and archaeologists -- better to think of them as grave robbers -- called the Seekers. The sunburst symbol on the flasks is the symbol of Pelor, god of healing. I would guess that those flasks might contain a healing elixir..."

Knowledge Geography 20 + 4 = 24, Knowledge Religion 10 + 5 = 15, knoweldge History 9 + 4 = 13.

Boland nods at Andolphas' summation, having heard of the Seekers and recognising the symbol of Pelor. "It seems they didn't get an opportunity to use the potions though," he notes. Turning to the Priest he asks "Are you able to guess at how old these corpses are? I'm interested to work out if people have been through here recently?". As an afterthought, and in somewhat of an embarrassed tone he asks "Um, should we pray for their souls that they find peace in the afterlife?"

Mothman, has Boland heard of Seeker activity within town recently, or in the past? Knoledge Local: 15 + 4 = 19


Boland recalls Allustan once mentioning that a largish band of Seekers from the Free City came through Diamond Lake about sixty years ago, apparently convinced that there was as yet an undiscovered cairn in the area. They were not seen again, and whether they found their cairn and fell afoul of its traps or guardians, or whether they simply returned to Greyhawk via a different road, none of the locals know.


Male Human Wizard/3
DM Mothman wrote:
Boland recalls Allustan once mentioning that a largish band of Seekers from the Free City came through Diamond Lake about sixty years ago, apparently convinced that there was as yet an undiscovered cairn in the area. They were not seen again, and whether they found their cairn and fell afoul of its traps or guardians, or whether they simply returned to Greyhawk via a different road, none of the locals know.

Boland relates the story of the Seekers to the rest of the party. "It seems they have been here some time..." he concludes. He then turns his attention to the rest of the room, wondering if there is anything of interest outside the remains of the bug's nest.

Spot check 8 + 1 = 9, Seach check 20 + 1 = 21, happy to aid another for those with better rolls. If nothing turns up, he will head back towards the interection and look up the North and Western passages.


Digging around a little further in the strange orange material, Boland discovers a mummified and withered human hand wearing a gold ring adorned with fern leaf motifs. Further searching by the group reveals nothing further of interest, so Boland suggests they return to the junction to plan their next move.

Unexplored ways down on this level include another chamber to the west, and a passage to the north with a pair of alcoves part way down its length.


Male Human Fighter / 3

Whilst walking back down the corridor to the junction, Brash talks to the group. 'We should split up those potions, never know when we might need one. I figure the front line fighters should each get one, me, De'grat, Strevlik and Andolphas... that ok with you Bowls? And also, do we have any oil or tourches left? im down to my last, and even though we've got the everburning tourch, might be good to have at least 2 going at once.'


Male Human Fighter / 3

Once said, Brash starts to move down towards the west chamber, tourch and axe in hand, and peers into the chamber. spot check 7+2 = 9


Andolphas’ guess that the bottle’s contain healing potions is probably a good one. If there is general agreement with Brash’s assessment on the potions, please note them on your character sheets. Also, unless specified otherwise, I will assume that whoever finds treasure is hanging onto it, so Brash should note the pearl and chain on his sheet, and Boland the gold ring. Let me know if you decide to wear those items or give them to someone else.

Brashen moves past the intersection to stand just before the threshold of the western chamber, torch held aloft.

Eight man-sized stone slabs, about four feet high, are arranged in two rows in this large room. A long-dead corpse, possibly human, lays sprawled out upon one of these slabs, the red leather armour it wears standing out in the otherwise drab room. The north and south walls taper in somewhat at the back of the room, and the short west wall abuts a small stone stage. A red clay or stone statue depicting a powerfully built humanoid warrior wielding a cylinder-headed greatclub stands upon the stage, facing the rest of the room.

If you enter the room:

Spoiler:
Roll a Will save.


Male Human Ranger / 2

Strevlik will take one of the potions.

The ranger speaks up. "Maybe we should check to see that our way out of here is still clear, in case we need to retreat," he suggests. "Some of us are wounded, and the spellcasters may be getting low on magic."


Male Human Fighter / 3

Brash nods back at the rangers words. 'Thats true, that rope up the shaft isnt going to give us a very fast get away, but i dont see what we could really do about that, unless prehaps we have enough rope to hang a second one down the shaft.' This in mind, Brash looks at the corpse in the room, trying to see how the man may have died. spot check 12+2 =14, without stepping into the room. I understand that from this distance i might not have much of a chance but figured id give it a go.


Impatient, Da'gret edges past Brashen entering the room in a low crouch sniffing as he goes. A warrior laid out on a slab! That's just what I'm looking for... Where are your weapons warrior of a lost age?

Mothman

Spoiler:
Will Save 4+5 = 9

We don't have enough rope to do another one.


The body lies on the furthest slab on the south side of the room, but Brashen’s upheld torch sheds enough light into the chamber to illuminate the corpse reasonably well.

It is almost completely skeletonised, yellowed bones visible where not covered by the faded red leather armour. The armour itself seems to be in remarkably good condition after all these years – Brashen can just make out some sort of symbol on the breast, possibly another star. It is difficult to tell what may have killed the armour’s wearer, although there does appear to be a large crack in the skull.

As Brashen squints into the chamber, trying to get a better look, Da’gret shoulders past him into the room. However, almost immediately after passing the threshold, the half-orc slows, his muscled shoulders sagging, head slumping slightly.

Da’gret:

Spoiler:
You are suddenly overcome with a feeling of tiredness and lethargy. You’d like nothing so much right now as to lie down to sleep.
You are fatigued. However, you are still in full control of your faculties and actions; there is no magical compulsion to sleep, just a natural desire to.


Once inside the room Da'gret yawns loudly, and stands to his full height stretching. The young warrior rubs his eyes and looks over the corpse briefly. "Gods I'm tired all of a sudden."


Male Human Wizard/3
DM Mothman wrote:
Digging around a little further in the strange orange material, Boland discovers a mummified and withered human hand wearing a gold ring adorned with fern leaf motifs.

Boland gingerly picks up the finger, a look of distaste upon his face. He quickly pulls the ring off and drops the finger, muttering a prayer to the Green Lady as he does so. He says to the group "I guess I'll hang onto it for now..." and stows it in his pack.

Brashen Trell wrote:
'We should split up those potions, never know when we might need one. I figure the front line fighters should each get one, me, De'grat, Strevlik and Andolphas... that ok with you Bowls? And also, do we have any oil or tourches left? im down to my last, and even though we've got the everburning tourch, might be good to have at least 2 going at once.'

Boland is somewhat flattered that the big man had bothered to ask him whether it would be alright, but then wonders is it was a question or more of a statement. Either way he answers "Y-yeah, that's fine with me, I guess." He then focuses on the next question "I've got a handful of torches which I bought this morning, though no oil. I also have a sunrod..."

Da'gret wrote:
Once inside the room Da'gret yawns loudly, and stands to his full height stretching. The young warrior rubs his eyes and looks over the corpse briefly. "Gods I'm tired all of a sudden."

Upon seeing the body, Boland immediately calls to mind one of his spells and quietly mutters the words to the incantation.

Casts Detect Undead. If he senses a presence, he will focus for a second round to try and determine the number of auras and the strength of the strongest aura. Otherwise, he will make a knowledge - arcana check (or spellcraft if it's more appropriate) 18 + 6 = 24 to try and determine the magical effect that has come over Da'gret.


Boland:

Spoiler:
You complete your spell and direct your arcane focus into the chamber; however, you do not detect the presence of any undead within the area of the spell (the corpse on the slab is within the area of effect).

It’s probably a Knowledge, arcana check, as you have not observed any spell being cast.

The effect on Da’gret seems to be similar to a fairly powerful Necromantic spell you have heard of known as Waves of Fatigue. It causes those effected to become tired and fatigued, but lays no particular (magical) compulsion on them to sleep (unlike, say, a Sleep spell).


Male Human Fighter / 3
Da'gret wrote:
Once inside the room Da'gret yawns loudly, and stands to his full height stretching. The young warrior rubs his eyes and looks over the corpse briefly. "Gods I'm tired all of a sudden."

Seeing his companions reaction upon entering the room, Brash hesitates for a moment, but then he too steps into the room and places a steadying hand on his friends shoulder. will save 12


Brashen:

Spoiler:
You are suddenly overcome with a feeling of tiredness and lethargy. You’d like nothing so much right now as to lie down to sleep.
You are fatigued. However, you are still in full control of your faculties and actions; there is no magical compulsion to sleep, just a natural desire to.


Male Human Wizard/3
Brashen Trell wrote:
Da'gret wrote:
Once inside the room Da'gret yawns loudly, and stands to his full height stretching. The young warrior rubs his eyes and looks over the corpse briefly. "Gods I'm tired all of a sudden."
Seeing his companions reaction upon entering the room, Brash hesitates for a moment, but then he too steps into the room and places a steadying hand on his friends shoulder. will save 12

Boland yells out "Wait!" but is too late to stop Brashen following Da'gret into the room. "The room appears to be enchanted by a necromantic spell which causes sleepiness and fatigue. On the plus side, the room appears to be clear of undead presences" he adds.

Mothman, can Boland determine the duration of the spell - i.e. is it likely to be permanently on the room and work on anyone who enters (assuming they fail their save? Will it last for a long time or wear off after a while?


Given that you can’t see any point of origin for the effect, and there was a visible effect on both Da’gret and Brashen as soon as they entered the room, it seems a reasonable assumption that it is a permanent effect on the room and is likely to effect anyone who enters. There are not enough clues for you to be able to determine the duration.

451 to 500 of 3,519 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mothman's Whispering Cairn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.