Mostly Tales of Yawning Portal with a few other modules (Inactive)

Game Master DoubleGold

Order of modules presented in recruitment.
Map
Inits:
[dice=init]4+1d20[/dice]Three
[dice=init]6+1d20[/dice]Elaith
[dice=init]3+1d20[/dice]Zakan
[dice=init]0+1d20[/dice]Yolanda


651 to 700 of 876 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Zakan comes up behind the next enemy and attempts to put his swords through their back.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


Elaith gets some fire on the Ogre, Zakan does hit an Orc but also gets sneak attack in so he kills the Orc
The Orcs and bear go charging at Yolanda
hit: 6 + 1d20 ⇒ 6 + (15) = 21
hit: 6 + 1d20 ⇒ 6 + (4) = 10
hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (8) = 13
Rest of the heroes are up


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

"Help her!" says Three to Zakan while pointing at Yolanda. He then turns and moves into melee with the Ogre.

Attack Roll for Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Bonus Action Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage Roll: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Being attacked by the great bear, Yolanda strikes back at her furry foe.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Dannon tries to stay out of the way, while struggling against the ropes


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Seems like you've got things under control, but here's a hand Zakan says bringing his shortswords down at the bear.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


Inactive

Elaith glances at the orcs and bear encircling Yolanda and nods. He then conjures a small snowstorm to take care of some enemies.

Snilloc's Snowball Swarm, cold: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) = 14 5-ft. radius. DC 14 Dex save for half damage.


Heroes take care of the bear
dex: -1 + 1d20 ⇒ -1 + (13) = 12
dex: -1 + 1d20 ⇒ -1 + (18) = 17
The ogres being hurt, pull a switch causing them to go down a shoot, allowing them to escape. You rescue Dannon and you look at the switch where it was, it appears not to be there. What shall you do?


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

He says "thank you, my name is Dannon Stonefist and I am in your debt"


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Zakan walks over to the wall and looks it over. Investigation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

looks like a big nope on that one


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

investigation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Inactive

Elaith looks for hidden levers and stuff.

Investigation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

"Greetings brother. What brings you to this place and how was it you were captured?"

Yolanda leaves the snooping around to the others as she speaks with this new companion.


None of you seem to find anything.

arcana 17:
The lever above ground was an illusion and someone pulled a real lever from underground probably.


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

He turns and smiles grimly saying The Ogres and Orcs captured me about a day ago. I was helping deliver building materials to a town three miles from mine but me and me group were ambushed and i was taken here. The people in the other room were the people i was gaurding. The other two gaurds were killed, and it is pure luck they decided that i was the one to live.


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Arcana: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Dannon is distracted by the other dwarf


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Yolanda gives a nod to the story of the other dwarf.

"Glad to have been able to help. Now, lets hope we can get out of here in one piece."


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

I'll try, i'm pretty sure i could not hold a candle to you all, so this should be interesting


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

You look sturdy enough Zakan says eyeing the new companion. If things get nasty feel free to leave it to us. Where are you headed?


There are two rooms left on this bottom floor as noted earlier, also Dannon's people have been rescued and his building materials are in this dungeon, but the wagon was destroyed, so he'll have to find another way to get them there or find a new one. where too?


Inactive

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"I think there are a couple of rooms here we haven't searched. Let's try them."

I think there's 2 rooms left on the first floor - with the Eye and the bunk. I say we go check the Eye.


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Sounds good...let's go!


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Zakan crouches slightly and heads forward attempting to be as quiet as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Heroes get up to the door and open it, it is a large room, at least 100 square feet, with 6 couches, 3 nighstands, 2 tables and 4 fake trees that go high as the ceiling, and several cousonied chairs spread out all over the place. No one appears to be in this room, but then someone could be hiding. A bat flies towards yolanda.
bats init: 0 + 1d20 ⇒ 0 + (7) = 7 beat the bats init and you can strike at it, it will try to bite you


He will look around for someone hiding
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

"What the hells!", the priestess says as the bat come right at her. She lifts her shield and swings her hammer in an attempt to strike the crazy thing down.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Three nods at the freed Dwarf but doesn't say much to him. Moving into the next room, Three reacts to the bat,

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

and fires an arrow at it as it flies towards Yolanda.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Crit Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Inactive

Elaith hides behind a tree and surveys the room.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Axe Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


And down goes the bat as the heroes act quickly. So what is your next move? You could go to the hiding spot areas, you could cast a shatter behind the areas, since you need not to see the enemies to hit them, which would be a surprise round, though if nobody is behind that hiding spot you miss and wasted a spell, magic missile you do need to see them, so that is out for now. You could wait here, you could step in the middle of the room.


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Dannon looks at the group for direction Do we go after the hiding spots


Inactive

"I have an idea," whispers Elaith, and starts casting some spells.

Ok, so I cast Prestidigitation, creating a draught in the room, and Minor Illusion, creating some ominous voices whispering about death. Will that do anything?


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Dannon waits to see what this interesting combo will do


No response. Prestidigitation and minor illusion cover such a minor part of the room.

perception 15:
One whispers to another, Stay hidden, we don't want death coming for us, maybe if he keep quiet the grim reaper won't know we are here. And you can tell which corner it came from too.


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Would my perception from earlier work?
If not Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Three will start checking hiding spots looking for enemies.


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Yolanda will backup Three as he starts kicking around looking for their enemy.


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Zakan points to the corner they are hiding in and bellows The reaper has come for you


Inactive

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Elaith doesn't notice anyone, but shoots a firebolt into the corner Zakan points to.

Firebolt atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 dmg: 1d10 ⇒ 1


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

He rages and runs, attacking as soon as he is able to reach one
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d12 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Elaith and Dannon both attack some orcs as they round a corner. We've been tricked, it heroes but one orc dies. that was a surprise round
There are two orcs that come out of hiding left alive and an Orc Eye of Gumerish.
init: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (20) = 21 orcs
init disadvantage: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (15) = 16 because the orcs were afraid of grim reaper.
Round 1 start, Elaith and Dannon are up.


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Dannon will attack, trying to get some XP to hit lvl 2
Can i get flanking?

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d12 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Advantage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Inactive

Elaith conjures three scorching rays, shooting them into the Eye.

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8


sorry for delay, had little internet
Dannon hits and orc and cuts him, but orc is still living.
Elaith hits the head orc twice
The three orcs all attack Dannon in melee
hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (20) = 25 oouch dmg: 2d12 + 3 ⇒ (4, 10) + 3 = 17
So the other three will go after Yolanda
hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (2) = 7
hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (2) = 7
hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (13) = 18 18 hit? dmg: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 don't worry this battle and one more and a long rest, then xp can be applied
all heroes are up


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

Dannon takes the hit and flinches, but grins and tries to cut into another
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Advantage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

If only i could get these good of rolls as my pally


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

HP:12/24

Swaying from the brutal attack upon her, Yolanda swings her hammer in an attempt to slay the orc who hit her.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Three will move to help Dannon, as he seems the most injured. He will wade in with his blade, then attack twice with his feet.

Rapier Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Crit Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Flurry of Blows Bonus Action Attacks: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage Rolls: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Mountain Dwarf Barbarian/3 Rage 2/3, Hp 32/32 AC 14 Str +5 Dex+2 Con +4 HD 3/3

"the help is appreciated Mr. Three"


Inactive

Elaith conjures three blue arrows and directs them into the head orc.

Magic Missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 3 = 12


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Zakan heads towards the toughest looking orc and goes at him with his dual blades.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

651 to 700 of 876 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mostly Tales of Yawning Portal with other things All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.