Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Mortika's "Severing Ties" Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Mortika

This is a PFS-legal play-by-post campaign for Scenario 4-07, "Severing Ties".


201 to 250 of 977 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 30/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Ursion" wordlessly precedes the rest of the party through the door and looks around for any obvious threats outside.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 62/62 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Since James is getting into it, I'll throw in for fun.

Leaping to a table, Ackbar-as-Maximo gestures to silence the band. "No no. In the key of G, if you please!"

By Shelyn, these poor folks wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit them in the face!

Clearing his throat, he begins the refrain, voicing the lyrics like an actor giving lines.

"Oppara, the Guilded City!
Oppara, so glorious!
Oppara, the greatest beauty!
Fifteen gems upon the crown,
And shining knights all honorbound.
With noble valor we shall be victorious!"

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Happy Stone stuffs his cold weather gear/premium disguise kit in his backpack and ties his snowshoes on the outside.

Happy is somewhat miffed that they are missing breakfast, already seeing more differences between the Aspis Consortium and the Society.

No time for breakfast?! Good thing I ate two dinners last night. With the Pathfinders, we are usually guaranteed midnight tea, or so I'm told.

Happy slings his backpack over his stony shoulder and his heavy wooden shield atop that.

"Happy ready. See Jenk now." Then breakfast.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Shel tried her best to back up her fellows, but she just didn't have the knack for singing, it didn't appear. She mostly mumbled a few of the words with the others, trying to keep her screeching to a minimum.

"Well that didn't go quite as we hoped, did it? We might get another opportunity, so we need to be sure we don't blow it."


"Well Ma'am you grew up in elsewhere, so you have not been singing these songs since your childhood like the good "Qidaran" and myself."

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 62/62 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

"Shush." Whispers Akbar. "I am in disguise."

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Thanking them for their information, Badr asks for more information on where the fleeing woman likely likely lived and where information ship can be found.

For the tattoist
Its good information, and I thank you, he says, handing over some coins. Is it possible to give me sketch of those islands?

For Chun Hei
You did very well.... You are a friend indeed! But as the Captain won't be back for 2 weeks - not sure if that help me find her as such. Anything else your contact can add? Likely destinations maybe? Or Maybe if she has a mother or father living locally?

He also starts asking for information on the Eel-wife's Whimsey.

Qadira

F Nagaji "Paladin 4" | HP 31/31 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMD 19 | F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init +7 | Perception 0

Chun Hei polishes her gear in the morning before heading out with everybody else to go see Jenk.

Badr:
"I suspect the answer to the tattooed islands will tell us where she was delivered."

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Still working on emulating an Aspis agent, Happy Stone scratches his ass.

Having completed that difficult task, he takes a strong whiff of his fingers by pressing the scratchers deep into his nose and inhaling deeply, then rubs his fingers clean on his armor.

I am a fine actor. Surely these Aspis idiocrats will fail to pierce the veil of my mien.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 30/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Ursion" shakes his head slightly. Every time I think there's some deep machinations going on inside that head he does something like that. Ah, well. The Pathfinders must see something in him that I don't.


Oh, dear....

Team Taldor -- You've done all that anyone could ask of you. If you want to try again and get a better result some other evening, that would be fine.

(And Max, you can only use the folio to reroll one of our own rolls, not those of the hapless bar musicians.)

Team Redelia -- The tattoo artist apologizes. "I'm sorry to tell you, but I really couldn't say." He shrugs. "Three small islands on the right shoulder. A larger one on the left, and a few in the middle, right at the bottom of the ribcage. Gotta say, the girl hung on through it better than some grown people. They both thought it was important."

--

The Aspis Consortium’s headquarters in Riddleport is a dilapidated compound showing signs of recent repair. The cartage company’s main building rises three stories above the filthy streets. Behind this main building stands a coach-house large enough for four wagons. A weedy yard is enclosed by a high brick wall, but the large wooden doors to the yard stand open to admit new business, even in this evening hour. Beside the doors, a wooden sign reads, “Barracuda Cartage. Under
New Management.”

As Osyth directs you, there are a half dozen lightly-armed and armored men in the yard to your left, directing several twice as many laborers, who load carts with a large shipment of fine sailcloth.

"What's yer business here," says one of the armed men, moving to intercept you, irritated that you're interrupting his morning.


Trying to remain as anonymous as possible, James muses to himself

Here we go

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 62/62 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Oh, now I see where we went wrong. I should have been more specific - my intent was to hire the musicians to assist Maximo in his performance, not lead the song themselves. We've moved on a bit now and I don't want to hold up the flow, but if we get another chance, is it possible to try it that way?


"We are here to see Jenk." Akbar says in a near-whisper, more than a little disdain in his tone for the cold greeting. "He has requested the assistance of professionals."


It would be possible to try it that way.

--

Maximo's Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8; do you want to use your re-roll?

The man looks the group over, and snorts. His posture changes, dropping into a relaxed-but-ready stance. He crosses his arms over his chest, not overtly threatening, but his hands are close to his belt daggers.

"I wasn't aware that we were geting into the professional circus clown business." he laughs, as the confrontation catches the other armored men's attention. "What are you supposed to be?" he asks Shel. "The stilt-walker?"

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 30/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Show him your badge, Sh-Akbar." "Ursion" reveals his own Aspis badge.


No reroll here. Failing to intimidate this guy likely won't mean failing the mission.

Akbar smiles, ignoring the man and his insults. "Clowns, indeed. From the looks of things here we have come to the right place. You must be the side-show. Now go and tell Jenk that the main attraction has arrived."

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Happy Stone, who had been standing in the back, uses his tiptoes to lift his 4'10" height over Max's shoulder for a brief moment.

"Yeah!" Happy says to punctuate Max's sentiment before disappearing from view.

That'll learn him good.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

The man catches a glimpse of the badge. "Of course. Sorry if I caused ... uh, gave you any offense, sir." He waves off his comrades, who'd already drawn discrete steel.

"Boss Jenk is on the second floor," he says, trying to be helpful.

Osyth nods and leads you inside. The building is clearly under repairs, with some rooms finished and polished (but unfurnished) and others still showing open walls. A set of stairs halfway down the right wall leads up to a series of office doors.

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Through out the journey Badr tries to take note of the fastest and best ways out of here if it goes pear shaped.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Shel as Akbar fixes a stare on the man who greeted the party. "You'd do well to watch your smart tongue. If I didn't have a meeting to attend to, I'd cut it out and feed it to the rock over here," she threatens, pointing to Sad Rock.

She continues to glare as she walks on by, up to the set of stairs.

"Want me to lead, just to be on the safe side" she whispers to Maximo.


"As you wish." Akbar mutters, distracted and frowning.

Dancers! We need dancers! Thoughts of the previous evening running through his head. And perhaps acrobats!

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Shel takes her usual point position, checking the stairs for anything suspicious, and acting as a bodyguard for Maximo in his new identity.


Following Shel's lead, James assumes his position as the last man ascending the stairs.

Qadira

F Nagaji "Paladin 4" | HP 31/31 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMD 19 | F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init +7 | Perception 0

Chun Hei takes up position near the front of the group, her hand on weapon but not yet drawn. Not trusting the local thugs she carefully sidesteps up the stairs, keeping careful watch as the party ascends.


Osyth leads you to one of the doors, knocks once, pauses, and then opens the door to let you in.

Inside is a large office area, perhaps 15 foot across and 30 feet deep. There are several everburning torches in wall sconces, and the office has a very temporary feel to it, with rough tables in the place of desks, and impromptu shelves holding a variety of papers.

A middle-aged Taldan man, handsome and in excellent health, stands behind the desk, reviewing several different papers. His hair and beard are streaked with gray but well-cut. He's dressed in dark gray finery with gold filigree, with a few military ribbons at his breast. He looks up at you without raising his head. "Shadowtongue and company, I presume? Badges, please?"


Letting his fringed badge show, Akbar-Shadowtongue lets out a hissing breath as he fingers the monkey-hilted whip impatiently. "You know who we are. And we are all a little behind schedule." He pauses and smiles apologetically, then gives a slight bow. "My apologies. The delay is our fault. Let us dispense with the formalities and get to the business at hand."

Trying to bluff or use diplomacy to get through the badge issue. Whichever is more appropriate.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal
Maximo Incognito wrote:
"My apologies. The delay is our fault. Let us dispense with the formalities and get to the business at hand."

Happy Stone, who had been standing in the back, uses his tiptoes to lift his 4'10" height over Max's shoulder for a brief moment.

"Yeah!" Happy says to punctuate Max's sentiment before disappearing from view but not before flashing his badge.

Is it time to eat yet?


hmmm no badge, I'm in the back I'll see if I can get away without showing one. Think quick.

Darvin watches for a visual queue from the bearded man to see if he acknowledges Happy Stones badge.

A. If I notice any acknowledgement, I attempt to sleight of hand Happy Stones badge. While the man checks the others.

B. If I do not notice any acknowledgement I wait to be quizzed about my lack of a badge, then attempt to sleight it after a well timed distraction by an ally. (looking at you Taldan folks)

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Shel waits before showing her badge, to see if Max was successful in his parley.

If not successful, Shel will take the opportunity to take a moment to search for her badge, and 'accidentally' dropping it, to give the others a bit of a distraction to attempt to pass badges around.


Sad Rock's Assist: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
She's Assist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Maximo's Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22+ 2 = 24.

James' Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17; very elegant.

Jenk offers "Shadowtongue" his hand. "It pleases me that the Consortium has seen fit to send such a ... resourceful operative.

"As you may have heard, we've been having some trouble with one of the Aspis Consortium’s contractors. I would like to present goodwill gifts to the cult, but collecting these gifts will take some legwork and possibly some. ah, coercive negotiation.

"Over the last four years, the local Consortium agents have done an excellent job hooking various fish. The loans to three of Riddleport's temples, in particular, have increased into a satisfying client relationship: they can't raise enough money to pay back any more than the interest we demand. And the first thing I did here was engineer hardships that would make it increasingly difficult to pay even that.

"At this point, we don't want the loans repaid in coin; rather, we're going to mollify the cult of Lissala by giving them relics sacred to the other churches. I have already sent missives to the three clients and directed them to pay their back-due interest in the form of a religious icon or holy item. They know that agents will be coming by to collect the payment, so you should be expected. Not welcome, but expected"

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Very clever. And devious! Shel thought, as she waited to Max to do the talking with Jenk.


Jenk continues:

"So, today, we'll be calling in the sureties these temples assigned to the loans," He reads from one of the papers in front of him: "Head over to the Publican House to acquire a mug, the House of the Silken Veil to obtain a dagger, and the Fish Bowl to pick up a, um, a bicorne hat.

"I want all three items recovered and returned to me by sunset. I suspect that at least one -- hells and copper, maybe all -- of the temples may be reluctant to part with the items, despite the Consortium’s lawful insistence upon payment.

"So long as you don't cause a serious disturbance, I think it best if we reward you with the honor of representing the Aspis Consortium in delivering these good-will gifts to the cult of Lissala tonight.

"If there are no questions, then, I'll see you when you return." With that, he turns back to another of his reports.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Happy Stone listens the man talk making mental notes of what is said.

Publican House. Mug.
Silken Veil. Dagger.
Fish Bowl. Bicorne Hat.

Yep, this sounds a little like the Pathfinders.

Happy Stone nods in assent.

"Sure thing, Ventu--, uh, erm, dentures hurt," Happy rock grabs a tooth and turns away.

Smoooooth.

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Badr gives a curt nod.

The Taldan are skilled liars - their reputation well earned... I trust I will do nothing to give myself away, he thinks, his own badge at the ready should it be needed.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 30/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Ursion" again nods wordlessly and precedes the group out. I think I have an idea here.... Once out onto the street, the apparent bodyguard looks back at "Akbar." "So, where do we start, boss?"


Once back on the street I give happy stone his badge back.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Going to assume we're outside walking around for RP reasons. The following RP can happen after we leave.

Happy Stone takes the badge back from Darvin and smiles, showing a gray granite-like smile.

"How long you in," Happy makes air quotes as he speaks, "'Aspis Grouptorium'? You also go to Grand place for training?" Happy gives Darvin a long, obvious wink.

I wonder if he got that.

Walking around town, Happy misses his fun snowshoes.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

When the group is out of earshot of any possible eavesdroppers, Shel pulls them together. "What is the plan, team? How are we actually going to take the items from the churches? We cannot hurt anyone there...we probably need to create some minor diversions, and a couple of us might be able to sneak the items out."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 30/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"If any of us are followers of--I'm afraid I don't recognize two of the places, but I'm guessing Calistria, Abadar, and Besmara--maybe we could talk them into loaning us the relics. You heard Jenk. If we get these things, he'll let us carry them to the safe house. We mess the place up, take back the goods and return them, then leave town. Trouble is, I can't see them doing that sort of thing for us unless we blow our cover."


Shel's Knowledge (local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Maximo's Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Maximo, you recognize the Publican House as the temple to Cayden Cailean. A fellow Pathfinder once recounted to you that everybody is welcome in this crowded, rowdy drinking hall. Well, except for cyphermages. Gambling and drinking contests are common at the Publican House.

You also confirm Kilian's suspicians that the House of the Silken Veil is a brothel-temple of Calistria; and the Fish Bowl, a temple of Besmara. Those are the three major faiths in Riddleport.

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

We risk word getting back if we negotiate as borrow. Best to play our role to the hilt and then give our enemies the full measure of our vengeance - to the hilt


uhhh just a run of the mill Aspis mercenary sir

James offers the Rock Man a fist bump and a shrug of the shoulders.

attack those that already being assaulted? Oh right Qadiran

Happy Thunder Chicken Day

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 30/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Kilian nods to the Qadiran. "Yeah, I worry about that, too. I guess we'll have to do this the hard way, and try not to kill anybody. At least I'm pretty good at knocking people down without damaging them." The Andoren idly scratches his clean-shaven chin. "Hey, what was that you said about Publican House? Maybe they'll be open to a drinking contest, or something. I'm not much of a gambler, though."


Maximo goes over the mental notes in his head as they leave Jenk's.

Musicians. Wine.
Dancers. Ale.
Acrobats. Absalom Ice Tea.

Badr's suggestion grabs his attention.

"Yes.." Akbar whispers, grinning at Badr and twirling his Qidaran mustache. "Your plan to steal these relics is most devious. However.." He holds up a finger with a dramatic pause, "I believe we should assume our disguises from last evening for this endeavor, and no self-respecting Taldan would resort to such measures without first exhausting all honorable methods."

When Kilian speaks, he nods enthusiastically. "I am familiar with all of these places Jenk has tasked us with visiting. The Publican House is indeed a place of worship and celebration for Cayden Cailean. Since all good ventures should begin with a toast, I propose we begin there. I believe we might be able to procure the desired item with the right plan, and I have one forming in my brain right along the lines you have suggested. If successful it might kill two birds with one stone!" He laughs and turns to pat Sad Rock on the back. "I hope those big shoes you have are good for dancing!" Then he turns back to his "fellow" Qidaran. "But first, tell me Badr, can you sing?"

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Happy Stone returns the Lastwall fist bump from Darvin with a confused look on his face.

I don't think he understood me.

Ensaddened, Happy Stone walks in silence, another failure in communication for the Oread.

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

The desert man gives the Faux Qadiran a sour look then turns away.

He speaks of honour but never has my country found any in their crumbling relic of a nation... but one day, Gods speed it, we shall have our revenge.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"The Publican House it is, then. Take it easy on the drinking until we are done ,please," she smiles at Mximo with her request.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 30/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Ursion" nods again before taking the right flank and murmuring to Shel, "I hope you know the way."

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
Init +7;AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Happy Stone walks in silence to the Publican House, unable to express his thoughts well.

201 to 250 of 977 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mortika's "Severing Ties" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.