Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mortika's "Severing Ties" Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Mortika

This is a PFS-legal play-by-post campaign for Scenario 4-07, "Severing Ties".


1 to 50 of 977 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gulls call to one another and glide through the rigging of your ship as you make port in Magnimar, jewel of western Varisia. To the left, the massive Irespan, the "Giant's Bridge" stretches out over the ocean before ending abruptly. In the distance to the right lie the dark Mushfens. In the early afternoon sun, they look innocent enough, but you might recall that they are too dangerous to bear regular traffic.

With your bags and equipment in stow, you don't look much different from the average visitor to the City of Monuments, but as soon as you step off the deck, you are greeted by a footman. "Arriving as a guest of the Heidmarchs, I presume?" He offers you the opportunity to put your bags in the back of the coach, and holds the door for you as you get in. Within moments, your heading to the upper city, the noble and monied sections of the city.

Looking out the window, you can see how Magnimar got its name -- modern statuary compete with ancient Thassilonian obelisks for your eye. Within a span of twenty minutes, your coach passes through iron gates into an estate. Another man, well into his middle years, impeccably dressed in a formal fashion, greets you as you step out into the open air. "Good afternoon, and welcome to Heidmarch Manor. I imagine you'll want to freshen up and straighten your gear before meeting with the Captains. We have you staying in Eurythnia house, the two-story brick building to your right. Please settle in, and please, do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions."

The order you post is the order you arrive. Eurythnia house has three large common rooms on the second floor, and social and dining areas on the first floor.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

The tiny halfling had barely arrived back from her first mission, beating back the servants of Moloch, when she , James, and Maximo had been healed and put right on the boat heading to Magnimar.

As normal, Shel bounded off the boat first, and sprinted to the destination of the Manor, and headed directly inside to Eurthynia house. She found a quiet spot in the common room, stowed her gear, and headed to take a quick look around the place. Her curiosity satisfied, she heads down to the social area on the first floor, relaxes on a comfy looking couch and waits to greet the others.

Wonder what's in store for us this time?

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Sad Rock nods to the formally dressed man.

"First time out of Absalom on mission. Sad Rock happy, not sad, to be here," Sad says in a flinty tone as he rolls his bulky body up to the door.

Sad Rock carries a backpack with him as he gets out of the coach, some purchases that he has made after his first successful Pathfinder assignment.

"Sad Rock want to go store and see town. Time to go now?" Sad Rock asks politely as he can, struggling with propriety.


If the formally-dressed man is at all taken aback by Sad Rock's teetering propriety, he does not show it. "Of course. If you're looking for something simple, the staff here would be only too happy to provide for your needs."

He gestures and, with an air of embarrassment, continues "The Lady Heidmarch has requested that the team keep to a low profile, at least until after you've been briefed. My sincere apologies."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 46/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Of course I'm ready. Besides, even Absalom begins to pall after three years. Hard as that may seem to believe." With that, the Andoren left the small dormitory that had been his home throughout his apprenticeship and, pack on shoulder, made his way from the Foreign Quarter down towards the Docks. Once into the throng of sophonts of one sort and another crowding the streets of Absalom, it would have taken a keen eye indeed to pick him out...just one more wandering warrior in the big city. Despite his brave words, a kernel of doubt needled away at him. Not everyone makes it back.

The voyage to Magnimar was long but uneventful, and Kilian was able to take time to get his sea legs back after his lengthy tenure ashore. Finally the Irespan hove into view on the horizon; Kilian had spent enough time aboard a ship that he knew this was the time to keep his head down and stay out of the way.

His eagerness couldn't be contained for long, though, and as soon as the ship was made fast he was back on deck, pack in hand. "It's nothing you did, Captain; it's what I'm going to. Perhaps I'll have the chance to voyage with you again." He taps his cap in salute as he disembarks.

The speed with which he's whisked away to Heidmarch Manor leaves him somewhat breathless. "Thank you, sir. That would be the building the halfling just entered, I think." He passes behind the oread, nodding in greeting, and follows the halfling into the house. Like her, he finds a place to stow his gear before looking for a bite to eat. If he finds something, he'll load up enough for a few people and bring it out to the social area. "Pardon me, but I can't remember if we've met. I'm Kilian fan-Vaylen. Care for a snack?"

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"I don't think so. I'm Shel," the halfling explains, thrusting her hand out to shake hands as they exchange greetings. "I've been away from headquarters for a bit, so I don't think our paths have crossed."

"I'd love something to snack on. The same old sea rations get extremely boring after a bit, don't they?" She takes a plate from the human and resumes her spot on the couch, getting every second of relaxation she can, before heading out into the field.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Sad Rock muscles his 4'2", 220lb. stocky body through the doors and into the villa designated, looking about.

Not sure if Golarion doors are designed for the body builds of dwarves/oreads, but I have to assume they are more like Hobbiton/Middle Earth doors than 'normal' doors.

Sad Rock will enter the room behind the Andoran, sniffing the air as he enters, looking any evidence of stonework in the construction.

"Greetings, Pathfinders. Sad Rock is here," Sad announces as he looks for a place to bunk.

Sad bravely nods to Shel, but quickly feels awkward and ends his gaze quickly.

Sad Rock offers a stony fist to Shel to complete a Lastwall fistbump, something he learned in the Society classes as being proper among the defenders of Lastwall and has taken as his own.

* * *
After (hopefully) completing the ritual greeting with Shel, Sad will offer a stony fist to Kilian to also complete a Lastwall fist bump.

At the same time, Sad will take some of the offered food.

Food. Pathfinders always eat well.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"Sad Rock...that's an interesting name. I've never heard that one before. Well, no matter, I'm Shel," she says reaching forward, but getting a fistbump in return. Being the first oread she has had close contact with, she cannot help but watch him out of the corner of her eye as he eats.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Ahhh, Magnimar! Maximo takes a moment to absorb the view from the top of the gangplank. Taking a deep breath, he smiles. Your scent, like last last night's vomit in a chamber pot, with just a hint of bog water. Like all cities, your beauty is a challenge to see. Ah, but the memories it brings to mind! Like the time I climbed the Giant's Bridge to kiss the hand of Lady Ooof!! He lurches as Shel bounds by, apparently too eager to ride in the coach, and dashes off into the city.
Lady Shel! He starts, about to educate the young woman on proper manners when he recalls another matter of dire concern.
Could you have them uncork a fine red when you arrive? He calls after, though she has already moved into the crowd. His voice, and hopes, dwindle. Perhaps an Alkenstar Icewine?
With a sigh, he tosses a silver to the footman for handling his luggage and enters the carriage. 

Arriving at the manor, he enthusiastically accepts the offer to freshen up. A bath would be wonderful sir. I would not wish to present myself before the Captains smelling like a pirate's underpants!
When he joins Shel a short time later no trace of journey-weathered traveller remains. 

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 46/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Kilian watches Sad Rock and Shel do the fist bump, which he hasn't seen before; he's quick enough on the uptake to respond to Sad Rock when the oread extends his fist. "Kilian fan-Vaylen. Honored to meet both of you."

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"Hey there Maxxy...come grab some food with the rest of us. We have Kilian over here, who found these wonderful snacks. And the sturdy fellow in the corner is Sad Rock. Looks like an impressive group so far."

Almost forgetting her manners, she stands and announces the newcomer to the group. "I'm sorry everyone, this is Maximo Interresante, warrior of Shelyn," she adds with an exaggerated flourish, knowing her friend would just eat up the attention.


The servant enters and nods to the assembled, setting down an ewer of mint-water and seven glasses. Catching the glint of horror in Maximo's eye, he goes to the side board and opens a cupboard, revealing a small variety of Chelaxian wines and what looks to be brandy.

"The Lord and Lady Heidmarch would request your company over light snacks, served at six bells. If you would be so kind as to inform any other guests who might be joining you."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 46/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Kilian hasn't yet taken the time to wash, and looks rather drab next to the flamboyant Taldan. He stands up at attention and bows in response to Maximo's greeting. "An honor, sir. And now, if you'll all pardon me, I'll be back down shortly." The Andoren goes back upstairs to clean up before meeting the host and hostess. Have to make a good impression on the Captains. At least we're not all new at this, so I can let others do the talking.

Qadira

F Nagaji "Paladin 4" | HP 31/31 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMD 19 | F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init +7 | Perception 0

Slowly entering the room, as though carrying a great burden is an ophidian-esque humanoid ironically armored in scale with what appear to be Tian style tattoos on the backs of her hands.

Once she enters the room and takes a second to look around she speaks, in a heavy Tian accent.
"Greetings fellow Pathfinders, it is with great honor that we have been chosen to perform this task together. You may call me Chun Hei"

Chun Hei takes a moment to make a quick shallow bow.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

"Thank you, Lady Shel." Maximo drops in a low bow. "I see you have been practicing. Excellent form my dear."

"Well met my friends!" He repeats the low bow for the women and gives crisp, but short bows to the men, then turns briefly to the servant. "The brandy, if you please, my good man." He says with relief as he eyes the cupboard. "Chelaxian spirits, while tempting to the nose, rarely finish as expected."

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Shel gapes wide mouthed at the one called Chun Hei. "I'm uh, Shel. Nice to meet you." Clearly distracted, she doesn't think to introduce the others.

We are much more diverse than our last group!

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Through out the journey Badr has kept a low profile and very much to himself but on arrival to Magnimar Badr is wide eyed, and even more so when he finally sees his companions... a giant walking lizard and what looks like some sort of man meets rock creature!

Truly it is said, 'Join the Pathfinders and see the world, meet interesting new people and...' I forget the rest.

He gives the group a formal bow and introduction.

I am Badr al Din Ibn Badriyah, may Desna bless our meeting.

That is to say I am Badr al Din, son of Badriyah... but I find that many people struggle with my name. Call me Badr or ''Badir', his accent changes slightly with the shift in pronounciation. It is an honour to serve with you and to be here, at this place.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Badr's presence on the ship journey had not gone unnoticed by Maximo. He was not proud of it, but Maximo found it very hard to trust Qadirans. He did not think them evil by nature, in fact his divinely blessed senses rarely detected true evil among the people of Qadira, and they found no taint on this particular man. Badr's claim of devotion to Desna, while unusual, did not completely alleviate his concerns either.

What was that saying...

"I have heard that the road to Cheliax was paved with good intentions. Or was that with good paladins?" Maximo says, looking thoughtfully at Bedr. Then he blinks, a startled look on his face as he suddenly realizes that he had spoken the last thoughts aloud.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 46/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Kilian returns, looking better for some time with soap and water. His shock at the sight of the nagaji is plain, but hurriedly suppressed. I saw two or three of them at the Grand Lodge, but never this close. We're all Pathfinders here, though, no matter what we look like. Just keep telling yourself that, Kilian.

The Andoren manages not to butcher either Chun Hei or Badr's names too badly when he greets them.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

After the introductions, Shel excuses herself and heads upstairs for a quick bath as well. While upstairs, she considers the strange makeup of the group she had met so far, and wonders if there are others to come.

She only allows herself a few moments of comfort, as it was nearly time to meet her hosts.

Its nearly time for business. Lead the group carefully and prudently. Fools rush in were thoughts she had running through her mind while steeling herself for whatever mission was to follow. She returned downstairs prepared.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal
Kilian fan-Vaylen wrote:
"Kilian fan-Vaylen. Honored to meet both of you."

Sad Rock smiles, or does something that resembles one, trying to be polite.

He smiles too much.

Sad Rock offers him a fist for bumping.

Maximo Interresante wrote:
When he joins Shel a short time later no trace of journey-weathered traveller remains.

Sad Rock rises from his seat and moves over to make nice with talky man.

"Sad Rock," Sad says, extending his fist in expectation of a Lastwall fist bump.

Talking is hardest part of Pathfinder job.

Chun Hei wrote:
"Greetings fellow Pathfinders, it is with great honor that we have been chosen to perform this task together. You may call me Chun Hei"

Sad Rock's eyes rise in surprise as the fellow Xianian walks into the room.

One of them! They are strange ones...unlike my people.

Sad Rock does not offer Chun Hei a fist for a bump, but instead does a deep bow from the waist.

"Sad Rock."

Badr al Din Ibn Badriyah wrote:
I am Badr al Din Ibn Badriyah, may Desna bless our meeting.

Sad Rock offers a stony fist to Badr in expectation of a Lastwall fist bump, worried if it will be received in kind.

"Sad Rock." Sad nods gravely.

* * *

Sad Rock returns to his seat, worn out from all the talking.

Sad sits back and hopes no one talk to him, still unsure about what it means to be a Pathfinder in practice.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Maximo turns to the Oread and raises an eyebrow at the fist. Then he smiles and holds out his own to participate in the foreign greeting. "Well met, Saddrok." Interesting name, almost sounds like he said 'Sad Rock'. "Does your name carry a meaning among your people?"

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Sad Rock moans a sad negative response, uncomfortable with the interest in his personal history.

"Sad Rock is me. I do not have a meaning yet."

But someday I might find it. When I find meaning, I find my life.

Sad Rock turns away, but finds the strength to try to engage his fellow Pathfinder further.

"What your name mean, talky man?"

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

"It has an archaic meaning among my people, derived from the word for 'greatest' in Old Azlanti." Maximo says, then gestures with his brandy in a toast. "My family, though honorable and righteous, seem to have mostly bred modesty out of the line."

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

-Awkwardly fist bumps Sad Rock.

My people have a saying - 'It is not modesty if you can do it'.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Sad Rock gives a weak, but happy, smile to Badr, then his face reverts to its stoic quasi-frowny face as the fist bump ritual is completed.

He honors me. They all do. Maybe we can work together to do good things.


The bells of Magnimar peal six as the streaked twilight dims the dome of heaven, and you leave Eurthynia house for your briefing. On the table in the common room, the last of the seven glasses the servant brought remains empty.

You are led to the main hall of the manor. Inside the door, in a room of white marble floors and dignified wood panels, the lord and lady of the estate greet you, wearing silver and green, in a modest but modern style. Individually, but quickly, you are introduced to Canayven and Sheila Heidmarch. Canayven has a curiously weak grip, but seems affable. Sheila is gracious and perhaps a little too obvious in sizing you all up during a moment of pleasantries.

She directs you into a side room, covered in portraits of landscapes and people you don't recognize -- although a middle aged man in one of them could be Venture Captain Dreng, thirty years younger.

Sheila Heidmarch steps in behind you and closes the door. "Have any of you had any experience with the cult of Lissala?"

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"That is a new one on me, Miss Heidmarch. I haven't heard of this Lissala, I'm afraid."

Qadira

F Nagaji "Paladin 4" | HP 31/31 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMD 19 | F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init +7 | Perception 0

Chun Hei will look Sheila straight in the eye and attempt to enunciate as much as possible to mitigate the effect of her accent.

"There have been many whisper of her among the Pathfinders since arriving in Varisia. I believe she is many winged snake woman. Her teachings are not known to me. I sincerely hope my ignorance does not embarrass you."

Chun Hei will bow and step back, beginning to wonder where in Xian Sad Rock is from and how he got involved with those silver crusade ninnies.

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)
Chun Hei wrote:
"There have been many whisper of her among the Pathfinders since arriving in Varisia. I believe she is many winged snake woman. Her teachings are not known to me. I sincerely hope my ignorance does not embarrass you."

Desna preserve!. He makes a symbol of warding.

Tell us, Venture Captain, of this Demon.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

"Not demon, but rather a lost god. Lissala was the patron god of the ancient Thassilonians. As their monuments surround us here in Magnimar, you might find images of her in their decorations.

"We had believed her worship to have vanished along with the last emperor, but it seems we were mistaken.

"Whether this is a new cult, set to reintroducing Lissala's tenets, or the modern generation of a continuous worship dating back thousands of years, we cannot yet say. But what concerns us is that they have formed an alliance with the Aspis Consortium."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 46/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

A sharp intake of breath from Kilian, quickly suppressed, betrays his surprise at the mention of the Society's bête noire. "Go on...."

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Maximo was just about to correct Badr on the point that wings do not always signify evil - monkey tails perhaps (particularly those prehensile types), but mention of the Aspis Consortium sidetracks him.

"Hmmph! Where those greedy copper-biters are involved, suffering follows like hungry dogs. What more can you tell us?"

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"I'm sure no one is surprised those Apsis thugs are involved with something that sounds like trouble," Shel mutters to the others.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Sad Rock steps forward to answer the VC.

"Uh, Sad Rock not know of Lissala, Venture Captain."

Sad Rock steps back after speaking.

I wish the words of my mind would come unhindered through my mouth.

* * * *

Sad Rock's eyes narrow at mention of the Aspis Consortium and his breathing grows raspier.

I know this Aspis Consortium! I battled them in the tapestry, in a frozen citadel! They are clever and vicious foes whose abilities are not to be underestimated! I shall now convey this to everyone so they know!

"Aspis smell bad. Sad Rock fight in cold carpet."

Bravo.

Sad Rock puts his head down and keeps quiet.


"“Lissala was .. or "is" I suppose ... the Thassilonian god of runes, fate, and obedience, Her followers can be wicked and secretive, but they can be bought for the right price.

"The Aspis Consortium offered that price. Recently, the cult had --" she considers her next words carefully, judging how much confidential information to reveal. " -- provided a transit service to the Consortium and in return, the Aspis promised a river of wealth to the secretive cult. And Sad Rock is correct. He and some other Pathfinder agents have been harrassing that operation, and I understand that the Consortium is defaulting on its contract with the cult of Lissala."

"As you might expect from followers of a goddess of duty, the Lissalans are irate at the Aspis Consortium for defaulting. My contact inside the cult reports that tensions between the two groups are high, and I want you to push them over the breaking point."

She unrolls a map of the city of Riddleport.

"Have any of you ever heard of a man named Vidrin Jenk?

Shel:
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
You've run across the name a couple of times, but never met the man. He has a reputation for coming up with very clever ways to use one problem to solve another. Getting rid of a kobold infestation by hiringthe little killers to root out a manticore. That sort of thing.

Maximo:
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
You've heard the family name, if it's Taldan. Always involving themselves in one political mess or another. Never any good at it. When a clever scheme goes south and turns violent, 'gone to Jenk' is a common euphemism.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 46/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Kilian shakes his head wordlessly, trying to absorb all of the information, spoken and unspoken, conveyed in the briefing.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 37/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"I've heard of Jenk. He's known for being quite clever in dealing with various problems. A fixer, if you will. "

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Sad Rock shakes his head, no. He has no knowledge of that name, however, does move closer to examine the offered Riddleport map.

Ah! A map! I love maps...I studied many of them extensively while at the Grand Lodge. I hope to someday gain more skill in both topographical and thematic mapping techniques. Geography is a passing hobby of mine.

"Sad Rock like map."

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

"Good show Saddrok!" Maximo gives the Oread a jesting fist-bump to the shoulder. "Taught those smelly scoundrels a lesson, did you?"

Nodding to Shel, he offers his own knowledge on Jenk. "I am familiar with a Taldoran family by that name. If he is a relation, then I feel sorry for him, for it carries a certain negative reputation for clever scheme's gone bad. It's where the saying 'gone to Jenk' comes from I believe. They are not the most shining examples of Taldan honor and glory."


"Unfortunately, he's currently working for the Consortium, over in Riddleport. An Aspis shell company has recently purchased the Barracuda Cartage company," she says, pointing at one building on the map, just south of the center of town, "and I belive that Jenk will be using it in some way, either to stage a caper or as a base of operations.

"Joadrik, you can come in now."

A side door opens immediately and an Ulfin man enters. Joadrik Heimurld stands only 6' tall, but his coiled muscles, enormous warhammer, and confident swagger suggest a man who walks where he pleases, unafraid of any challenge. Behind him walks James Younger, a Taldan sharpshooter.

Captain Heidmarch continues, without leaving a moment for greetings. "Vidrin Jenk has requested the assistance of a team of Aspis Consortium troubleshooters, led by the mysterious Thestil Shadowtongue."

Joadrik smiles mirthlessly as he opens a small pouch and spills the contents on Captain Heidmarch's desk: several bronze badges, each displaying the Aspis arms. Two of them are splattered in dried blood. "They won't goin' t' be arrivin' in Riddleport. he explains.

Captain Heidmarch smiles. "You are.

"I want you to pretend to be the Aspis Consortium agents Jenk requested. Do as he asks, but only to keep suspicion off of you until you find out where the cult of Lissala is hiding. Once you know that, I need you to do two things. First, sabotage the Lissalan safe house as completely as possible. Second, throw the blame for the sabotage onto the Aspis Consortium."

Silver Crusade

Male Oread
Stats:
AC 20 (18 w/o shield), HP 35/35, F6/R2/W7. +10 Perception/Nature/Surv, +7 Heal

Ah! I plan of fiendishly clever intricacies. It will take a united effort of good teamwork and execution to pull of such a daring escapade. I am excited to add my talents in this effort.

Sad Rock expresses his enthusiasm by placing one of the bloodier badges in his mouth and begins to clean it.

"Sad Rock help do job," Sad Rocks says while working away at the dirty badge with his tongue.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter/5 (mobile fighter archetype) HP 46/46 AC19/T 13/FF 17 Fort +5+1/Ref +3+1/ Will +2+1 Init +2 Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

The young Andoren looks around the table at the rest of the Pathfinders, expression changing from shock to incredulity to glee. His composure is mostly back in place when he turns back to the Venture-Captain. "I look forward to it, though since I've not encountered Aspis operatives in person I'd be glad for some guidance from those who have on how to act the part." His gaze snaps back towards the oread for a moment and he shudders slightly. I have to learn better self-control if I'm going to succeed here!

Taldor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

The red haired fellow that follows the large Ulfen man looks about the room as he enters scanning for any familiar faces. As he looks around he thinks to himself.

Sir Maximo, and Shel glad to see some friendly Taldan faces. Judging by the assualt on my nose I can only assume Maximo still wears the same perfume, regardless it's great to see them both.

Gazing quickly at the new faces he thinks to himself

Let's see a Rock man, another human, a scum sucking vile lizard faced creature, and a Nagaji

"Well folks the hardest part of the mission is complete, let's get these badges on and finish the job" he says as he tosses a pair of badges to Maximo and Shel.


Captain Heidmarch nods at Kilian. "A sensible question. How you complete these tasks I leave to your discretion, but I want you to keep murder to a minimum. One of the Lissalan cultists is feeding us information, and I don’t want to risk you killing this valuable source."

Joadrik laughs. "Besides, the Lissalans got to remain alive so they can turn on the Consort'um. If you kill 'em all, nobody'll know what done it."

Captain Heidmarch looks up at the warrior and arches her brow. "Indeed, my Ulfin guest." She turns to the rest of you. "Once you’ve accomplished these two mission objectives, return here to Magnimar, as quickly and quietly as possible.”

Heidmarch smiles broadly. “Welcome to the Aspis Consortium. Any questions before you leave for Riddleport?”

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

"James!" Maximo exclaims upon seeing his young friend. "Working on those fashionably late entrances I see." Crossing to the red-haired man, he takes his hand in a firm grip.

Taking a badge from Captain Heidmark, he flashes a roguish grin and twists his moustache into points. "Have no fear. A little grease, some dark cloaks, a fake name - perhaps a foul-tempered monkey or two - and we'll easily pass for members of the Consortium."

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

"Well Maximo, my tardiness is easily explained, I was swimming amongst a pod of dolphins, when a beautiful mermaid approached... ahhhh hell, nevermind my stories can never be as good as yours, well met Sir Knight" James states as he grips Maximos hand in token of friendship.

Qadira

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Badr quietly looks over the map and considers his role. Deception has never been part of his life before...well, apart from campfire stories but they don't count.

Fortunately I have a pair of the Taldan here - they excel at lies and disguises, like a whore changes her make up, they can change to Consortium agents I have no doubt, he thinks.

I am not skilled at deceit but stealth, I can try, that is until I use my musket.

I am with you.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

"Cough, bllcrp, cough" Maximo lets go with an odd-sounding cough, then makes a show of brushing unseen lint from his uniform.

Lady Shelyn, forgive my wretched manners. I vow to make a greater effort to resist my tendency to jump to judgement on Qadirans.

1 to 50 of 977 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mortika's "Severing Ties" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.