Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Mortika's "Citadel of Flame" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Mortika

This is a PFS-legal campaign for Scenario #39, "Citadel of Flame".


401 to 450 of 707 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 2 | HP 22/31 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+5, R+12, W+4 | Init. +4 | Perc +10/+11| Evasion |

"Focus on the monster! Moulini, stand down or we'll be forced to deal with you after we get through with it."

Shel moves into the room where the action is. She focuses on the used arrow, hoping it was okay, since they had no other way to really hurt the creature.

If there is a clear path to the other side of the room where the arrow landed, Shel will move in that direction so she can examine it and hand it back to Gryne for re-use if it is undamaged. If not, Shel will try to use acrobatics to get through any threatened square.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 4 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +12 R +11 W +11 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Azatoth! Maximo says, suddenly realizing something. I believe Shelyn's blessing is allowing my blade to cut through this creature's hide. I suggest you use that vial I gave you to bless your weapon with the light of Sarenrae!

Sarenrae. The god's name drifts across the surface of his addled mind. Was there something I had to do that involved her servants here? He makes a mental note to revisit the idea later.


Hadassah, Pathfinder Society has a "no player-versus-player" rule. Simply threatening Maximo doesn't violate that rule, but actually casting Evil Eye on Moulini would. You'll need Roger's (Moulini's player's) permission to cast that hex.

Maximo, the devil vanished from sight. There is a 7-foot-wide crevase in the floor between your position and where it vanished. Do you want to leap the gap and attack the space where it was before it vanished?

Shel, read the spoiler in message 397.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 4 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +12 R +11 W +11 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Uh... no jumping. Got about a 50/50 chance of making that leap. However, Maximo will draw his dagger and throw it at the spot where the Porter was last seen.


Maximo keeps one hand on his main weapon as he draws his dagger and throws it in one swift move.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3; distracted by Moulini's rapier, the paladin lets the dagger loose too soon, and it goes wide, missing Azatoth and bouncing back-end off the wall before landing on the floor, dangling precariously at the edge of the crevase, the blade hanging over the gorge 30 feet below.

Osirion

Thanks Chris, thanks for taking my turn there. Alot of work today and the next two days.. I will of course try to post at least once per day, but if needed then feel free to progress and do what you find suitable for Azatoth. He's an half-orc, albeit not a stupid one due to his intelligence, but he sometimes fights an internal battle with his orchish bloodline to rush into battle without consideration and the common sense his intelligence supplies.

So feel free to not always do the smartest and most obvious choice everytime to match that roleplaying part. General thing for him is that he loves to battle and if there are a combat option then he will most often prefer that unless he is told otherwise by his comrades, since then his common sense will take overhand over the bloodlust.

Lastly how do you get your text to the color of your OOC comments? :p

****************

"Maximo I hear you knight, so shall it be! Maybe it will cure this hideous illness I am feeling at the moment too.

Azatoth will then drink the potion he recieved from Maximo. When it is his next turn after drinking the potion then he will continue his slashing of the foul creature.


Azatoth, that tastes really bad, and it cloats your throat going down. But you do seem to be overcoming your nausea.

Osirion

Azatoth forces down the liquid and says "This tastes like rat poison Maximo, but I do give you credits since it seems to remove my nausea"

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 4 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +12 R +11 W +11 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Maximo looks taken aback. Hmm. Strange, but I believe that was meant to be poured over a weapon, not swallowed like a fine brandy. Well, if it doesn't help your weapon, try giving the devil a strong right cross!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

Would Detect Magic work to "see" where the Porter has gone or is?

I'll detect magic on the arrow Shel recovered as well to see if it is still "holy".

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

Orcs really can drink anything (holding action)


Hang on, Gryne. shel may want to amend her action.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 2 | HP 22/31 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+5, R+12, W+4 | Init. +4 | Perc +10/+11| Evasion |

"The creature is out here," the rogue notices as she sees it appear near to her position in the original room. "Someone that can hurt it, get to me quickly."

Shel readies an action to attack if it approaches her. And I did miss the spoiler, DM.


Round 4
* Taken aback by the cowardly disappearance of the Porter, Maximo addresses Moulini and throws his dagger at the spot where the devil previously stood.
* Azatoth drinks a vial of oil of align weapon.
* Hadassah speaks sternly to Moulini and otherise holds her action.

* Out in the back room, Shel calls for help.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

I will run to Shel while readying a holy arrow in my bow.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Action held, I will move to Shel.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human

i'll make my way to flank porter stating while looking at the creature.. i'm here to help my friend

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

If I can get to the room with the porter in it, and if I have a clear unobstructed shot I will take one.


Hadassah, you begin the round in A2, adjacent to Shel.

Gryne moves from B1 to A2 (through Hadassah) into Shel's square, and then one beyond, knocking a holy arrow as he goes. He sees the devil, only ten feet away, and he has a clear shot.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14, a near miss, the blessed arrow fires into the tapestries and hangs there.

James, did you need to reload? I admit, I'm not up on the firearms rules.

Moulini, the devil is pretty far away. You can get into a flanking position at the end of this round, but you'll need to pass through squares that the devil threatens. Do you want to do that, risking an attack of opportunity, or do you want to go wide around the devil and come up behind him? If you do that, you'll need to take all this round and the move action next round to get there, but you won't provoke an attack of opportunity.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

I suck. two misses in a row. I do have Point Blank Shot, so if a 15 hits that would be awesome.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human

ok works for me

Qadira RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Gryne, that makes it closer, but still a miss.

Moulini, which does? Getting there at the end of your turn this round, with an AoO, or getting there next round, without?

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

And oops again!
Withdraw action, moving to the far wall, away from the demon to open spots for others.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

Round four would require a reload (adamantine), I lost track.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 4 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +12 R +11 W +11 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Believing the Porter has turned invisible, Maximo continues shouting insults at the empty spot across the gap in the bridge.

Cowardly rotten devil-buggered sneak! Odorous hellspawned bottom-stench! Show yourself!

He's already gone this round, correct? After the Porter has acted, I'll post his next action.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hearing Maximo's rant Hadassah shouts back, Umm, Maximo? I am sorry to interrupt such an eloquent rant, but he is not invisible he is in here. Please do come help.

Qadira RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

But, it really is a nice rant.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human

next round... then i plan to strike as i was going to eariler if it still there...


Round 4
* Taken aback by the cowardly disappearance of the Porter, Maximo addresses Moulini and throws his dagger at the spot where the devil previously stood.
* Azatoth drinks a vial of oil of align weapon.
* Hadassah speaks sternly to Moulini and otherise holds her action.

* Out in the back room, Shel calls for help and readies an attack.

* Gryne moves out -- gods, but the room is hot! -- and fires an arrow.
* James moves out and reloads his gun.
* Moulini, hearing Shel's cry for help, wheels around, moving back into the throne room. She heads north of the throne and wheels around it, heading for the Gaav devil.

* The Gaav looks at Gryne first: Those would be dangerous, if you weren't scattering them all around.

To Hadassah: I see you undid my weapon's work there. Tell me, halfbreed, who are your hellish ancestors? When I return to the Nine, I will tell them how I let you watch me slay all your friends before I spit you on my fork.

And then it locks eyes with James. I promised you, who was first to strike at me, you would be the first to fall by my hand.

It moves up to James, which triggers Shel's readied attack.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7, a clear miss.

The devil thrusts its spear at James.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 = 19, which hits, even under the effects of Hadassah's evil eye.
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 points of damage.

It also grasps at James.
Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17, and it has a clawhold on the gunslinger's leg.

--

It's your turns.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

"I have him right where we want him, he's a bit occupied if anybody wants to take advatage of this situation" James attempts to break the grapple at the very end of the turn.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 4 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +12 R +11 W +11 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Hadassah, I am a little busy up... Maximo begins, then spies the Porter in the other room. What what? How did the damned creature get back there!? Bah! Make way, make way! Oh, excuse me, was that your foot? Terribly sorry. A thousand pardons. Make WAY! He calls again, trying to wade back through the group to close with the devil.

Close and attack, if possible. Smite and Power Attack as before.


Maximo moves out of the room, into Shel's square, and then a step south, next to the Gaav devil. (This would normally provoke an attack of opportunity, but the devil is grappling James.)
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12; a powerful swing, but wide of the mark.

Moulini approaches from the south, having gone the long way around the throne. She makes sure that Shel is opposite her.
Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22; Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13; a hit, but not a critical.
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5; not quite enough to get through the creatures diabolic hide.

Osirion

Azatoth will attack with his scimitar if possible and also use his bite if he is able to pull off a full round action.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 2 | HP 22/31 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+5, R+12, W+4 | Init. +4 | Perc +10/+11| Evasion |

Shel takes the opportunity to run to whereever Gryne's most recent arrow landed, to see if it might be undamaged. If so, she will pick it up and return it to the dwarf.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

Gryne will call forth Judgement as a swift action granting Destruction(+1 sacred bonus to weapon damage) then Activate Divine Favor (+1 atk and dam). I think that's all I can do, if I can load another holy arrow I will and ready to put it between the devils eyes.

Next round I'm going to one shot this sucker!

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

I am a little lost at the moment, can I get an update on who has acted, who is holding, who has yet to act, and all that for the round?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

My action was to buff myself.
Next action is to win.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 4 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +12 R +11 W +11 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Noticing Shel running in circles scooping up arrows, Maximo laughs as he duels with the Porter. Hah! You know, that reminds me of the Battle of Shallowood! The archers quivers had run so low we ordered them to save their last arrow and stab at their foes hand-to-hand!

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

"Whereas your nostalgia is fascinating, I do hope we plan on killing this thing without resorting to stabbing it with whatever we find laying around."

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 2 | HP 22/31 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+5, R+12, W+4 | Init. +4 | Perc +10/+11| Evasion |

Sweating while chasing down the arrow and getting tired of this whole thing, Shel yells at the others, "At least I am doing more than fanning that thing with my blade the way everyone else is. Gryne will hit eventually!". I hope!

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

" Uhh guys, I do believe this thing is attempting to eat me"


Round 5

-- Maximo moved and swung.
-- As per her plan, Moulini moved into flanking position and swung.
-- Gryne casts a spell. Normally, that would provoke an attack of opportunity, but the Porter is grappling James.

-- Shel runs over to the holy arrow Gryne shot last round, which would normally provoke an attack of opportunity from the devil, were it not grappling James, and stops to examine it.
High is good: 1d2 ⇒ 2; it seems to be in one piece, ready to be fired again. She is 15 feet to the south of the devil.

--Azatoth moves out to occupy the space Shel left. He's flanking the noxious creature with Moulini.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11; his scimitar cannot get a good cut in.

-- Hadassah, you're up!!

-- Immediately before the devil acts, James intends to break the grapple.

--Then the Porter.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah moves in and strikes the demon, attempting to Aid Maximo.


Hadassah swings her dagger at the devil, hoping to provide an assist to the paladin.
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10; she does so! Maximo has a +2 on his next attack.

James tries to wriggle free of the devil's claw.
Maneuver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, but the fiend holds him fast.

The Porter taunts are merry. My task here has been to prevent any trespass by infidels. But there is always time to mix duty with the pleasures of torment.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13; his spear misses.
Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13; and James chooses that opportunity to pull back and escape the monster's claws.
Aarg! You insufferable maggot!

--so ends Round 5 --

Round 6
You folks are up.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 4 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 54/54 | F +12 R +11 W +11 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Seeing an opportunity presented by Hadassah, Maximo swings his greatsword into line and attempts to capitalize on the opening. Why, my fiendish foe, I think you have fallen for the most famous of tactics. In Taldor, it is called El Flanqueando, but it is known in the common tongue as "Look Behind You!" Haha!

No power attack, just smite this time. Try to 5' step to flank if possible.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human

opps Sorry sir i'll try that again moulin stats swing again

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Realizing Maximo is trying to get into a flanking position, Hadassah will also attempt to take a five foot step, if needed, to provide the opening Maximo needs. Realizing that there is no way for her to harm the creature, she again strikes out to Aid, rather than to harm the beast.
Does the -2 to AC apply to attempts to Aid (AC 10?)


Between the Smite, Hadassah's assistance, and flanking, Maximo tries to land another blow.
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23, and his sword bites true!
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14, and that's more than enough damage to send it back to Hell.

Before you all, space momentarily bends and flexes. Where the devil stood moments ago, there is only a plume of green smoke. A three-tined spear clatters to the ground.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah will attempt Detect Magic to identify the spear.

401 to 450 of 707 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mortika's "Citadel of Flame" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.