Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Mortika's "Citadel of Flame" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Mortika

This is a PFS-legal campaign for Scenario #39, "Citadel of Flame".


651 to 700 of 707 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

Can I target the Cleric and beetle? Lightning Arc will damage anyone between the two targets. Would this be logical? If not I'd try and jump the lava to get away and cast.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 62/62 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

For the love of Shelyn and the glory of Taldor! Maximo cries as he swings his hammer at the lemure.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah moves to Shel, and casts Cure light Wounds.

"Thank you for the wand sir knight, that was all I had left in me!" yells Hadassah to Maximo, trying her best to do a brief curtsey without landing in magma.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

"Normally whips tend to excite me a bit, but this is ridiculous'
says the wounded gunslinger as he reloads his pistol.

Chris, can I do this defensively?

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"thank you, Hadassah. I've got a feeling we will all need that wand before this is over!" Shel pulls her sling.


Gryne, the Pathfinder game has two attacks called "lightning arc". There's a fifth-level arcane spell that does damage to two targets. There's also the air domain clerical power that strikes one foe.

Gryne takes a leap over the lava, trying to avoid the attacks of the beetle.
Acrobatics (jump): 1d20 ⇒ 5; unfortunately, the inquisitor trips and drops one foot into the molten rock -- taking 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of damage.
Acrobatics (avoiding attack): 1d20 ⇒ 19; even so, nice job, not giving the monster an opening.

He then casts his spell. As soon as he starts, the priest of Moloch launches her readied spell, attempting to interrupt Gryne and ruin his concentration.
Fire dart attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10; just misses!
Lightning arc attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3; misses by a mile.

James reloads, keeping an eye on the energy weapon floating right next to him.

Maximo attacks the lemure.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5; no good.

Azatoth grunts, "Let me show you how it's done, brother."
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17; hitting the pathetic little devil for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 points of damage. It's still alive, still ready to throw lava.

Hadassah triggers the wand, healing Shel of 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 points of damage.

Shel? (Gryne moved out of G6; if you slipped in there, you would be flanking the beetle with Maximo.) Moulini?

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Oooo, flanking is exactly what I would love to do, DM. If I can do that, I will redo my last post, if that is acceptable.

Shel sees the inquisitor move out of a prime spot, and she quickly moves to that position, threatening the beetle with her dagger, distracting it so that she and Maximo might be able to find a weak spot in its defenses.


Moulini, you are not functioning at full capacity, but you feel that you could fight if you had to. (You can neither run nor charge and you are suffering a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue would cause you to become exhausted instead.) The visions of Moloch swimming in your consciousness might allow you to resist the effects of fire, but they might also allow the priest some level of control over you.

Round 4

As soon as Gryne leaps over the glowing lava, Shel darts into the space he vacates, drawing a dagger and attempting to insert it under the beetle's carapace.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7; a hit, but not a critical.
1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9 points of damage.

The beetle rears up and, with a roar like waves hitting a beach, dissolves into tiny flakes of ash and soot.

The lemure throws lava at Azatoth with one claw, and rakes him with its other.
Lava: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20; Azatoth takes 2d3 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 damage this round, and may take fire damage next round as well.
Claw: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12; the claw skitters off the half-orc's armor.

Wounded, the lemure takes a cautious step back to E3. (Reminder: there's a stream of super-hot lava in all of column F.)

The spiritual whip takes another shot at James.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9; but cannot get a fix on the gunslinger.

Hafshi moves down the steps to C4. In her left hand, she holds a whip, which drapes casually over her shoulder. "I would have kept my bargain, you know. If you had sent a single champion to face me, I would have released the lot of you after I had vanquished him. Would it have been you, my perfumed lord of Taldor? Or would you have set your half-beast servant against me?" She calls up another dagger of fire and flings it at Maximo.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; it strikes the paladin square in the face, doing 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 points of damage.

Azatoth, barely containing his fury, drops his scimitar and fires an arrow at the lemure. (Jumping lava, provoking an attack from the lemure, in armor? Unlikely!)
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15; a hit, doing 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage, a total of 7 points.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 62/62 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Maximo draws himself up at Hafshi's insult. My lady, though you are a lady, I would have you know that ARGHH! His reply is cut short by the vicious attack.

Smothering the flames with his forearm, he casts a stern eye at the priestess. I will forgive your insult as mere ignorance. A gentleman wears cologne, not perfume.

As for my friend here. Maximo glances at Azatoth. He is a fine specimen of courage and strength. That you would call him a beast only illustrates your own pitiful concept of beauty. And despite that, I will still implore him to leave you alive after your defeat.

But first, let us deal with your servant! And with that Maximo continues to attack the lemure.

Dropping shield and jumping lava if needed.


Maximo drops his shield and jumps over the lava:
Acrobatics(jump): 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10; just barely!
Acrobatics (keeping out of the lemure's reach): 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (17) - 4 = 13; yes, by a whisker!

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16, a strike! The devil takes 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10 points of damage, and loses coherence, as if its own evil will was all that kept it even semi-solid. Its eyes sink beneath its surface, and it spreads out into a film on the floor, dripping into the lava.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Nice job, everyone. The tide is turning!

Shel moves toward the cleric, looking for a chance to get behind her defenses to help the stronger warriors again.

I'm looking to get behind her to set up a flank, DM. I'll take the long way to avoid any AoO, if possible.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

Damn, I guess I was reading the higher spell. I think I did that in my last game. This is the only caster I have ever played, I prefer to be the beefy melee guy most of the time.

Gryne will use his last Lightning Arc on the Cleric, hoping he can finally strike through.


Shel, the prist of Moloch has her back against the altar, with a river of lava to her left. There's really no way to flank her with normal, non-reach weapons.

With more hope than usual in his prayer, Gryne casts a bolt of lightning once more. The cleric had devoted her attention at Maximo, so she hadn't the chance to interrupt the dwarf's magic again.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9; but the lightning struck the altar instead of the priest. Nontheless, her rage at the attacks is palpable. "You, dwarf, I will boil alive, until your bones are all that remain, and I'll sup on your stew."

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

Perfumed lord of Taldor? Ohhh she's talking about Maximo. He can call it cologne all he wants, but I would have to agree with our attacker

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Gotcha, DM.

Shel waits takes a deep breath, realizing her action was foolhardy at best, and insane at worst. She mves to engage the cleric, as carefully as possible, trying to draw an attack so the others could help swarm the evil priestess.

DM, I will go total defense again, which I think is a standard action. I will move up to get in her business, trying to evade her until the strong arms arrive.


Good move, Shel, against anybody who isn't weilding a whip.

Shel moves in to engage the cleric.
She moves from G6, jumping over F5, to E5. Acrobatics to jump the lava: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19; simple.
Shel deliberately draws the attack of opportunity, moving from E5 to D5.

The cleric almost casually flicks her left wrist, and the whip jumps to life, attempting to trip the nimble halfling. "Stay put."
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10; she misses, and Shel completes her move to C5, right next to the cleric.

Reminder: C3 is a lava space. If Shel managed to push the cleric away from her, she'd land in lava.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

Have I hit anything in this entire campaign? I don't think so.
I'll draw my bow and arm a holy arrow on my next turn, then fire it between her eyes.


James (in H3), Hadassah (H6), and Moulini (downstairs); then the cleric (in C4) and anything else she cares to call to her aid, then Gryne can take his shot.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah dashes to Azatoth, ignoring the lava but doing her best to give the creatures a wide berth, and attempts to heal some of the half-orcs wounds.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

"Fire in the hole!!!

Shouts James as he pulls the hammer of the pistol back and squeezes the trigger.


Hadassah moves from H6 to G4 and heals Azatoth, curing 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 points of wounds. He looks at his forearm, no longer bearing the slash-marks of the lemure's claws, and grimly nods in gratitude.

James aims and fires.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17; the shot tears a bullet hole in the sleeve of Hafshi's robes, but just misses her!

The wall behind Hafshi has been swarming with the wisps of diabolical faces, all yearning to be released, all eager to do Moloch's will. As James' bullet passes through them and strikes the wall, they turn their horrible gaze upon him. Now they have a focus for their inhuman hatred. Now, they know the first thing they will do, once Hafshi al-Moloch releases them.

Moulini, are you still with us?

Round 5

There's a *crack* in the air as the spiritual weapon attacks James once again.
(Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 ) missing.

Hafshi reveals a light mace, the crown of which is a stylized bull's head in brass and ebony, in her right hand, concealed by the folds of her robes. "Have you forgotten that Moloch is the Lord of War as well?"

Her whip reaches out and attempts to drop Maximo.
Attack on Maximo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, which overcomes the paladin's maneuver defense, and he falls as his right leg is pulled out from under him.

At the same time, she throws a blow with the mace at Shel's head.
Attack on Shel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19; a solid hit, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage. (Shel, you've been hit before by blunt objects; this seemed ... like her strength was augmented by magic, but only for the second that the strike was in the air.)

Azatoth nocks another arrow in his bow. "I suppose a gentleman would ask permission to attack? Sorry, I didn't have time to tie a note to the arrow." He draws and releases.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20; it flies true, and Hafshi takes 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage!

She's still up.

Your turn.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Shel can't help but feel a bit woozy from the attack. The nimble halfling dodges to the left and swings her dagger, hoping the bullets and the arrows distract the cleric enough to let Shel slip a strike through her defenses.

Just fluff for a regular dagger attack.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Shel ducks to the left -- easy, with that blow to the hip -- and tries to find the cleric's vitals with her blade.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14; Hafshi sweeps her mace down and back, knocking Shel's blade off line. "It's time someone taught you manners, halfling." She uses 'halfling' as if it were an insult.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

Chris, I know Hafshi has some pretty extreme cover modifiers, but did you resolve my attack vs Touch AC or standard AC?

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Of course. My apologies.
Shel notices blood runningdown Hafshi's right arm, pooling at the wrist and dripping on the stone floor. It would appear that James' bullet did bite through flesh, doing another 1d8 ⇒ 4 points of damage.

Moloch's priest is still standing, although her footwork is a little unsure, and there's a rasp in her breathing.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah moves to Gryne with all haste, again ignoring the lava, but moving wide around the Lemure and priest. On reaching him Hadassah will attempt to cure light wounds.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 62/62 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

This is a position most ladies would prefer me in. Says Maximo from the floor. However, as I have made a vow of chaste love in Shelyn's service... He gets to his feet and fixes the woman with a stern eye. I must refuse your advances and demand your surrender.

Stand, then intimidate.


Hadassah steps through the lava, trusting in her fiendish heritage to keep her unscathed. She takes 1d6 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0 points of damage. Gryne, receive 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 points of health!

Maximo rises to his feet. This would normally leave him open for an attack, but Hafshi chooses to forego the opportunity. Is that a mark of nobility and respect on her part, or part of a deeper plan?

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26; Maximo's steely resolve and veiled thrats leave her shaken, unsure of herself.

Gryne has had enough of all this. With no more than a grunt, he draws his own bow, nocks and fires a holy arrow.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; missing by a wide margin.

Still up: James (reloading?) and Moulini.

Osirion

Back from the course I was attending... my apologies but I was not able to get to a computer :/

Chris - Many thanks for running Azatoth just like the way I wanted him ;) You caught the typical feeling of him!

Azatoth will try to unload another arrow when it is his turn

"Hadassah, that touch of yours are godly! Now I will follow you like a puppy, cause you already got me addicted!"

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

James reloads and keeps and eye on the whip.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

DAMN IT!!!!

I will waste another arrow with an attack.

I'm hoping my next game I never miss.


Welcome back, Azatoth.
Moulini, you still with us?

Round 6
The spiritual whip to attack James, one last time
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11; it cracks the air around the gunslinger, misses, and then fades away.

Hafshi, growing desperate, drops the hand mace and touches the idol "O Father of Fires, Doom of all Opposition, send your power and destroy these infidels! I beseech you, in my time of need!" And a powerful wave of energy floods the chamber.

This is anti-life energy, the absence of being, the starless sky. It withers your souls as it turns your bodies towards ashes and death. All of you except Moulini are within 30' of the cleric.

Will saves:
Azatoth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19; takes half of Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 or 5 points of damage.
Gryne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15; takes half of Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 or 2 points of damage.
Hadassah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; takes Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 points of damage.
James: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5; takes Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 points of damage.
Maximo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6; takes Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 points of damage.
Shel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8; takes Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 points of damage.

If anybody would like to use a shirt / folio reroll, this might be a good time.
Your turns.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

That would be enough to drop Shel, DM. I'd love to use my shirt reroll here. If the reroll doesn't work, Shel will be at -2 HP, and drop to the floor.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

Let's go ahead and use the reroll, if it fails negative four, for the gunslinger.


The DC for the Will save is 11.

James: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13; takes 4 points of damage.
Shel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12; takes 4 points of damage.
EDIT:
Hadassah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14; takes 4 points of damage.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Since the campaign began, I have purchased a Folio. If I can use that I will. Otherwise, I am at -1, and on the ground, hopefully not in lava. If others want me to take a reroll and do my best to run around healing, I am ok with that, if people believe that they can finish her fast and my healing will not be needed, that is fine too.

Taldor

Human Paladin of Shelyn 5 / Arcane Duelist Bard 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2 | AC 20 FF 19 T 13 | HP 62/62 | F +13 R +12 W +12 | Init +1 | Perception +5

Arghh! Maximo clutches at his chest and topples over.

No shirt or Folio. Maximo is at -1 (plus 3 Temp damage from earlier).

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah will heal herself first, then move as quickly as possible to Maximo, again ignoring lava, but taking the long way around any and all monsters.


Hadassah staggers and lays the wand on her left palm. With a word, she heals 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 points of damage to herself. Then she moves over to Maximo, who lies crumpled on the ground.

Gryne tastes blood in his mouth as he fires off another arrow.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1. It flies wide of the mark.
Dude!

Azatoth sees Gryne's shot and shakes his head a little, saying nothing.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 5. He knows he's not one to judge.

Maximo's body tries to keep itself from dying.
Constitution check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, he stabilizes at -1.

James, you're at 0 hp. You can fire your gun this round, but then you'll take 1 point of damage, pass out, and start to die. On the other hand, if she does that again ...

Shel, and Moulini.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human

sucking it up i'll take out my crossbow and give her nice shot when i make when make to a point where i get cover but can see her...

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

Fading in and out of standing consciousness, James musters the strength to raise his pistol, he pulls the hammer back, like he has done so many times before.

"This is for Maximo, and the glory of Taldor" he shouts.

After firing his shot, James comes to terms with his condition and embraces the looming darkness, allowing his body to begin its journey to Pharasma's court.

Good Luck folks, James is sitting at -1 and counting


Moulini, we can allow that you began your sneaking up in Round 5.

Moulini stops, four steps from the top of the stairs. She sees Maximo crumple in a heap, and James wobble on his feet. She sees the cleric, 30 feet away, with Shel right next to her. Despite her condition, Moulini fires her crossbow.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 8; and the bolt lands squarely in the side of the altar, right behind the cleric. Hafshi. That's right, her name is Hafshi. A part of Moulini's brain -- a small part, for the moment -- feels that it's only fitting to submit to her.

And Hafshi turns in surprise, and relaxes a bit as she recognizes the rogue. "I was beginning to wonder where you had gotten off to. As soon as I kill these infidels, we'll have a lot of work to do."

James's last shot echoes throughout the chamber.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Hafshi clutches her stomach in pain, then looks at her hand, covered in her own blood. (damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4; she's at 0 hp.)

James collapses.

Shel, then Hafshi.

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

Shel swings her dagger furiously, knowing the evil cleric could finish off the group if her aim wasn't true.


Shel's dagger:
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 strikes true. The cleric hisses. "A runt of a halfling. How ridiculous." And collapses, unconscious, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 points below zero. All the spirits behind the altar close their eyes and vanish, their anticipation turned to cold fury.

The fight is over. Hadassah uses the wand to heal
James: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 points, bringing the inquisitor up to 6.
Maximo: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 points, bringing the paladin up to 2.

From the altar, the idol with its bull head and upraised arms is still spewing out lava.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

Waking for his brief slumber, First thanking the tiefling, James switches his gaze towards the halfling.

"Did you get her? Please tell me she is still alive."

I wonder where or even if I can find evidence of Qadira's atrocities in this temple?

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"She still lives, for the moment, James. Truss her up, and then perhaps we can stabilize her," Shel suggests.

"Now someone needs to help me deal with this dumb statue. It has to have some way to stop spewing the lava," she comments as she approaches the statue to inspect it.

Taldor

M Human Gunslinger 2 | 18/18 | 17 | T 14 | FF 13 | CMD 17 | F: +3 | R: +7 | W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 Gunslinger 2

James stands and dusts himself off, and addresses his countryman "Sir knight, even though this vile wretch of a woman attempted to slay the both of us, I feel that it is our solemn duty as servants of the mighty Taldan empire to let her live"

after speaking to Maximo, he asks Hadassah for an opportunity to look at the book she found earlier hoping for some pretty pictures of Qadiran atrocities.


Shel, (Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24) the idol's arms seem to be a separate piece from the rest of the statue. You suspect they might move independently.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14; you ratchet the arms down, and the flow of lava stops. Immediately, the temperature in the room drops to about 100 degrees.

--

James,

The book, written in an unlearned pidgin Common, is the journal of one of the ancient cult’s slaves, a young woman named Merrit. The text describes her recruitment and enslavement, and the initial assault of Sarenrae’s crusaders on the Citadel. The last entries provide a graphic description of the battle-crazed dervishes' slaughter of many of the Citadel’s slaves.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah will heal everyone until they are reasonably healthy, then she returns the wand to Maximo, "Thank you Sir, I do believe that your wand saved many lives today. Sorry to have used so much."

As she wanders around the room, helping the others search I would rather aid other if possible Hadassah intones, "Someone should grab that statue, and lets work back out of here being slightly more careful. We should check all the things pictured in those murals. I think we hit everything but the hoodoos out front that the Fire Elementals were with. I would be happy to copy all the books for each of us on the way back to Absalom for anyone who has interest."

Taldor

Ranger 2, Rogue 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20/15 touch/16 flatfooted | F+8, R+13, W+7 | Init. +8 | Perc +11/+12| Evasion |

"Moulini, would you like to carry the statue? I noticed you were interested in trying to lug some of the other one's downstairs. Might as well carry the real ting."

"Also, remember our Ifreet mage friend we have tied up downstairs. His brothers were the ones that gave me information on the location of this very temple. I say we turn him back over to the custody of his brothers, who will make sure he stays out of trouble, hopefully."

651 to 700 of 707 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mortika's "Citadel of Flame" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.