Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Moonscar

Game Master mathpro18


301 to 339 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female Succubus Antipaladin 7

"Well there are about five of my sisters usually stationed there to guard it but there are other natives that might pop up from time to time. Though I see you're all not to intent on fooling them. I suggest we just head to the gate and bushwack our way through anything that stands against us then." she says in response to Tiran's question.

Looking at Telcia Izzy shakes her head "Nothing you want to tango with I assure you. They aer incredibly territorial creatures that burrow underground unless they are hunting. And they only hunt when there territory is threatened which makes it almost impossible to detect when you are in one's territory before its snacking on you. They are about 16 feet in length and an average adult weighs in at about 1500 pounds. Like most things that are big they have a horrid temper. I suggest avoiding them when possible."

When you guys are ready Izzy will lead you to the first ancient gate. I will need 3 climb checks from everyone to see if they can reach the top of the mountain range where the gate is located.


M Tiefling Magus

Lyle nods and holsters his whip. "Bushwhacking it is, then."

Lyle has Overland Flight.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

Well, if we do indeed end up needing to climb, here's the checks.

climb1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25
climb1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35
climb1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

I have slippers of spider climb (10 minutes per day,) so in the event of a climb, Telcia will only activate them in the event of a fall to save herself.

Once we're near the gate, Telcia will use a charge of her greater invisibility wand to scout the area ahead of the party.


No longer active

Rosa takes hold of her great sword and with her Levitation boots lets it pull her to the top, they both go invisible before doing this.

Sword can Fly, like this fly speed 20' flight poor, any sign of danger and Rosa will TP


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

Jaeger can fly for 16 minutes a day.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Take 10 + 14 = 24
Take 10 + 14 = 24
Take 10 + 14 = 24
Lead on then, and we'll show your sisters as good a time as we can


Just waiting for Kalim to post


Male Human Sorcerer 1

Kalim goes to climb.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Ewww. Kalim is not going to like this.


No longer active

Kalim looks like hes going to fall Rosa will Teleport under him to catch him anf TP him to a better hold with a slap on his backside chuckle.


M Tiefling Magus

And Lyle's got Overland Flight and a high enough strength score to lift him up with one hand. We'll be fine.


You all make your way towards the eastern rim of the Mindspin Mountains. It takes a couple of hours and by the time you make your way to the Growing Skald the sun is just beginning to come up. The area around the Skald is desolate and uninhabited. At a height averaging 11,00 feet the air up here is very thin but you manage to press on. You finally reach an isolated volcanic ridge and begin to climb up and then inside a dormant volcano.

Everyone easily descends into the volcano except Kalim who slides about 15 feet towards a river of magma before being caught by Rosa and Lyle. There is a very narrow and old looking rope bridge that spans the width of the volcano and red hot magma flows about 20 feet below the bridge. On the other side of the bridge lies a door.

I will need acrobatics checks from those of you who are walking across the rope bridge. Those of you that can fly can also try to carry those that can't and don't want to risk falling to their deaths.


No longer active

Rosa SPA and Spells running:

Leviate
Fly +sword
Detect thoughts 60' around the them, not party
Ethereal Sight (being on the Ethereal Plane)
Detect Magic
Invis sword and her.
Disguise Self.
Father Step.

Immune to
Harmful Vapors
Gases
ALL Disease + Supernatural diseases
Mind Reading
Divination on Alignment

Rosa stops the others, unseen that she is her voice says.
whisper "I'm sorry this is just me again, but you see this seems way to simple, just a small clime into a bit of magma and an old rope bridge to a door with no guards or very taxing things in the way. Just getting that feeling again its all just a bit to good to e true. Now me, if I was an Evil doer sent to look after this gate and stop goody goody types just walking on in. Why I would have hidden spotters looking for them, and when they showed up like we just did well I would ask myself 'whats our sister doing with the ones she was sent to kill, Best I keep out of sight and see whats afoot. Just saying"

the invisible voice fades.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Take 10+14=24

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"Hold, Tiran. For once I agree with Rosa. I don't like it. With the power that these succubi wield, this is far too simple a defense for such a tactically important location. Despite the obvious danger, this is still too convenient to be anything but a trap."

Telcia begins to scan the area for less obvious means of crossing, sentries, or unseen dangers, certain that something must be amiss.

perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23

oh wow, come on dice, you gotta be kidding me.


M Tiefling Magus

Lyle scratches his chin and thinks. "Telcia, you are the best of us at hidden movement. Shall Rosa and I cast invisibility and flight spells on you and send you in to scout things out? Alternatively we could do the same for me; I can fly in unseen, teleport back, grab you all and teleport in."

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"I thought that might be a good idea, but we're also dealing with intelligent forces here. If any of THEM are hiding, there's a good chance they're just waiting to dispel any magic affecting me and watch me drop into a lava bath." Telcia folds her arms and hunches her masked face low into her scarf.
"Hmmm...Lyle, Rosa, can't one of you see through any illusions or enchantments within the area? I'd feel a lot better about any plan if we knew there weren't a half dozen concealed succubi waiting somewhere nearby to ambush us. If there's any traps, I'll have to go first; though I admit they weren't my greatest area of expertise, I can still take care of any I find...hopefully..."


No longer active

"I am seeking minds around us now, and looking into the ethereal plane, to see past magic you will need ture seeing and I do not have that."

Whispers an invisible voice, rose seems to be moving around them.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

You may be right, Telcia.
I draw my rapier and dagger and look around.
Perception:
Take 10+17= 27


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

"Well let's ask one who should know. Izzy, what sort of defenses are around the portal on this side?"


Female Succubus Antipaladin 7

"Well we really haven't had time to really stack the deck yet...we mainly use the portals as an entry point to your world. There are a few Succubi and vampires that are stationed here though they might be off scouting the area. I would suggest staying off the bridge though...its not really rigged to support weight."


*evil laugh* good to see that I have you all paranoid already

Those of you that scan the area don't really see anything to be to alarming. Though Tiran you swear you see a figure appear in the back of the doorway for a second before disappearing into the shadows again.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Not meant for weight, eh?. Good thing I'm only 5'3", 145lbs!
I don't see any vampires or beasts, and I doubt we want to be standing here if they return.
I head out onto the bridge
Acrobatics
take 10+13= 23


M Tiefling Magus

Still unsatisfied, Lyle draws his whip and hovers above the bridge after Tiran, his free hand extended and ready to catch the impetuous swordsman if necessary.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"I suppose if we fly, or at least cross one at a time, we'll be alright. Still, something doesn't feel right here. Being on the run and in the shadows all my life has taught me that things are never as simple as they appear. I have a bad feeling about this whole setup..."


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

"Who can't fly? Silly thing to keep us in a dangerous situation."

Jaeger casts Overland Flight on those who cannot fly themselves.
Sorry, I should have done this earlier.


No longer active

Rosa waits unseen to see if they all make it to the door


M Tiefling Magus

Overland Flight is a 'Personal' spell.


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

So it is. Communal Air Walk then.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

I cross the bridge and examine the portal
perception
take 10+17= 27


Male Human Sorcerer 1

Kalim will cross the bridge and will examine the portal with Tiran.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Perception: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (4) + 32 = 36

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

here's hoping we didn't just bite the bait.

Telcia accepts the gift of limited flight and moves as quickly as possible to solid ground near the portal.

perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34


Tiran and Kalim barely make it across and a few of the boards drop out from beneath their feet as they cross but they are able to steady themselves before they fall. The enterence to the portal seems open and unguarded. There are footprints in the dust heading into the portal so it looks like its recently been used.


Female Succubus Antipaladin 7

Izzy looks at the foot prints on the ground and shakes her head. "Well would you look at that...looks like the guards posted here decided to return home a little early. I wonder why?


No longer active

”Well we best follow fast I would say”

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

Telcia looks thoughtfully at the portal. "If they just decided they were bored guarding the gate, they could be miles away from the exit. If our timing's good, it should be a good time to go through and find a good path by which to infiltrate. I can use an invisibility effect and scout the place out in good time. Any volunteers from our casters?"


M Tiefling Magus

Lyle steps forwards with a smile and taps Telcia and she vanishes. "Enjoy."

Greater Invisibility


No longer active

"Let me go have a look and see what they have planed for us, feel free to join me."
Rosa takes Nix out Nex out who hold on to her, she cast Freedom of Movement and Mislead then steps throw the gate.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"Let's not start a war over there if we can help it." Telcia's footsteps travel softly through the portal.

stealth: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (13) + 31 = 44


No longer active

After a few years on the moon, rosas evil plans and wicked ways lead to her taking it over and ruling as evil overlord I WIN! hayyy!

301 to 339 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Moonscar Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.