Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Moonscar

Game Master mathpro18


51 to 100 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"Once we locate one, we can shadow her back to her base of operations, then deal with the lot of them there."


"Well I am not 100% sure how the daughters of the insatiable queen have been getting from the moon back to Golarion there are three possibilities."

"Some of the people close to the individuals that have disappeared have made reports of giant scaly bird like creatures that have a vaguely horse-like head and vast slime encrusted wings. I'm not sure where to find such beasts or even if the tails of their existence are true or not but I'm sure if the daughters have been using them to get back and forth you could do so as well."

"The second school of thought I put a little more stock in. About a month ago the Growling Skald, a volcanic ridge in Nirmathis, began to become active after being dormant since the times of Azlanti rule here on Golarion. It is rumored that there were Azlanti gates that allowed travel from Galorion to all over the solor system. With the dimise of the Azlanti people these gates had fallen into disrepair and laid dorment just like that volcanic ridge. When the volcano's eruption some believe that these gates have been reactivated. The fact that after the eruption of one of the volcano's in the Growling Skald many more people started disappearing only helps support this belief. If you were to travel to the Growling Skald you might be able to find the gate and use it to get to the moon."

"Lastly you could just purchase a scroll of interplanetary teleport but those are extremely expensive though I'm sure a group of your...reputation with in the Pathfinder Society should be able to come up with the cash if you so choose."

So there are 3 options for how the party gets to the Moon. Its up to you which way you choose. Two of the three would require a little more research.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"Well, there's merit to going straight to the source and lopping off the head of the operation, but...

If we just jump straight there, blind and without recon, we'll just be exposing our own necks. I prefer to have a clue of exactly how many throats need to be slit before I do it.

Besides, scrolls are usually one way. The most important part, as mentioned, is getting back. I'm in favor of searching out these gates or birds so we have backup plans, at least."


No longer active

"scroll you can get us one for conning back the pathfinders have the cash. I vote then demon birds and gates for getting there


Male Human Sorcerer 1

"Sounds like a plan. Shall we begin?"


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

"Fine. Let's see what we can find out about the Growing Skald and how to get there. If there are these 'demon birds' then it's possible they're flying out from there. We can keep out ears open about the sightings of these things. If we can find one, then we can follow it back too."

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"Once we've secured our ride there and back, one way or another, I say we put down the rest to prevent anyone from following us."


I will need a knowledge Geography or local check to determine where exactly the Growing Skald is located and a knowedge nature or planes check to identify the flying bird like creatures.


No longer active

GM happy for you to make any rolls like this for me not to slow up game play


Rosa's Knoledge nature check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Rosa your pretty stumped as to what kind of creature the daughters could be using for travel.


Male Human Sorcerer 1

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (14) + 28 = 42


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

heh, methinks maybe I should have spread out my knowledge skills a little.


Kalim:

On the eastern rim of the Mindspin Mountains in Nirmathas stands the Growling Skald, an isolated volcanic ridge averaging 11,000 feet in elevation. The geological formation earned its name from its periodic rumbling, though it otherwise remains inactive, and local legend claims the mountain holds within it the restless spirit of a powerful giant who tells his tale one slow syllable at a time. Few take more than a passing interest in the ridge; its stone faces are barren, and the tree line ranges at a far lower elevation than normal, ending abruptly on the southern bank of the Shining River.

In ages past, when the reach of influence of Azlant spread into the Inner Sea region, a society of Azlanti astronomers used this area of restrained volcanic activity as a center of study, harnessing the powers of Golarion's core to interact with the heavens. Much of this sprawling network of arcane astronomical outposts has lain buried beneath stone and compressed ash for millennia, a casualty of one of the Growling Skald's rare eruptions.

Basically to get to the Growling skald you need to head to the narmathian city of Skelt and then head south to the Mindspin Mountains. There are many within Skelt that would be able to help you find your way for the right price or with some...convincing.


Male Human Sorcerer 1

"Hmm, I remember some details about this. We need to head to the narmathian city of Skelt and then head south to the Mindspin Mountains. I say we should get there and see if we can get a guide to get us down there." Kalim says thoughtfully.


No longer active

"I can get us to the city, its not hard matter just takes time for the spell, if we go I would like us to arrive at the pathfinder HQ there. I have a wayfinder for some power, please set it to that location. Also Jaeger if you with I can resurrect your mouth now or in the future, she would know more if we do its now. I would also like some thing with your Feathers sent on it for use tracking and scarying later. When a hound of Hell looks for a thing it seldom do's not find it."


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

Jaeger shakes his head. "I'm not going to put her through that. She'll be scarred for life and my father, if we get him back, wont be able to look at her the same ever again. But I can get you something of his. He has an old coat, he was fond of. I remember it still sitting on the chair. Will that work?"


No longer active

"I do not understand the sentiment in not finding out from your mother who and how she was killed but as you wish, as for the old coat, that will be ideal for tracking by sent thank you. Let me know when you are all ready to go to the city, I will take us there then if you like."

Rosa looks at the little man from the pathfinders

"You as well, I do not want problems with the local powers that be."


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

"I just...I just don't know if she can bear that. But perhaps, a Speak with Dead spell would be possible. It would still allow her to rest, but we could get the information we need."


No longer active

"I do not have that spell ready but tomorrow yes"


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

"That's fine. Somehow, I doubt we're in much shape to travel tonight anyway." He kicks Lyle again.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"I just hope the Pathfinders don't want us to bring back all sorts of artifacts or specimens or the like. I'd rather keep what I find, when possible."


No longer active

Rosa bends over and cases 'Restoration' or remove poison what ever dos the trick on the two drunks. This will of course remove the Alcohol but not the instant hang over. Just before she dos this how ever she carefully moves the table to be just over there heads and then, gets real close to shouts in their ears as she casts.

"OH!! YOU TWO GET UP! YOUR NEEDED"


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

I bolt up, swinging my mug.
Aha! You won't get me twice, you blasted pirates! Have at thee!


Male Human Sorcerer 1
Tiran Collab wrote:

I bolt up, swinging my mug.

Aha! You won't get me twice, you blasted pirates! Have at thee!

"Oh be quiet and stop drinking so much. You are a buffoon you know that?"


M Tiefling Magus

Snapping awake, Lyle's eyes open wide to witness the imposing majesty of Rosa's shouting form. Her words penetrate his head and rock back and forth in his skull, setting up a piercing shrieking reverberation that sends him into the foetal position.

"Oh... gods..." he mutters to himself. "Why are we in a rainbow? Wait... is it still the same DAY? You thrice-cursed evil b@++!, Rosa..."

Eventually, Lyle manages to pull himself into some shadow of a thinking individual and drags his body up to sit on a chair. "What have I missed? he asks blearily, waving a greeting to the pink elephant sitting on the chair next to him.

*********************************************************

After being filled in on the facts, Lyle turns to the new arrival and examines him carefully. "Greetings. As I presume you've been told, I am Lyle Rihannsu. And you are really a member of the Decemvirate?" passing his hand over his eyes, he scans him for magical auras. "Forgive me, but if you are one of the Ten then you are then you're one of the most powerful people in this world; and that necessitates some scepticism and requires some confirmation."

Detect Magic


No longer active

Rosa chuckles to herself as the two reprobates agin some simily of life.

"That will bloody learn ya, to drink on the job"


M Tiefling Magus

Lyle turns away from the man to look plaintively at Rosa. "We weren't even ON a job when we started drinking!"


No longer active

Rosa chuckles some more.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"This is why I don't drink."


The man remains silent as the party banters amongst its self...seemingly unimpressed with what stands before him though is still keeping a rather close eye on Rosa and he seems to stiffen up noticeably as she starts casting her spell and relaxes when he realizes he isn't the target. As Lyle introduces himself the man smiles.

"I truly am a member of the Decemvirate. The pathfinder society is rather interested in what has been going on because if its true that the azlanti gates exist and are active now they pose a great interest to us society members.

As the group looks like they're ready to leave the man clears his throat to speak again. He reaches into his pocket and produces a piece of paper handing it to Lyle.

If you will please try to return these people to the society...I doubt people with such reputations as yourselves..." he trails off as he glances over at Rosa once again. "...would be interested in joining the pathfinder society but...this kind of mission is what earns people field commissions if you get my drift."

Lyle:

You concentrate for a few rounds and see that the man is under the affects of a Vocal Alteration spell. He seems to be wearing no magical items which you find a little odd for someone who clames to be a member of "the ten".

List handed to lyle(everyone can read):

Osprey
Andabar Ceroban
Pendrel Zarafari
Obenna Sirara
Garrin Levoye
Zembe Utomo
Enlina Charthagnion

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"wonderful. a rescue mission. Field commissions from the decemvirate better live up to the rumors; I don't fancy a caravan of prisoners shadowing my steps while I work."


No longer active

Rosa gets up and heads to the bar placing her empty class on it, her back to the man she says.

"Telcia is right, would you be happy with parts of the taken, suitable for Resurrection magic?. and as for join the pathfinder society. Join the ranks of the so called illegitimate grave robbers, I think not. However saying that, do you know this group the Shadow loge. They sound like a group I could work with, Your not from them are you?, they seem more my kind of grave Robber."

She chuckles to herself again.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"Ugh. Rosa, I'm fairly sure they don't want to waste resources having to resurrect a half dozen people, and I'm pretty sure we don't want to carry around dismembered body parts anymore than we want to babysit captives. Besides, asking that implies that they're already dead, or that they will be."


No longer active

"just saying it would be simpler, and talking of list, you do relies that once they got one of thee Decemvirate or some one close to the higher ranks your entire operation must have been comprised"

She walks over and takes the list,

"This shows us that, they spent time finding just who they needed and then used his mind to crack you origination open like a walnut. This lead to targeted abductions, it also means they have a spy net-work of some kind, scoping out the sites of the abductions before they send the big hitter in. You never walk in blind to some thing like this. So a team weather willingly or not is operating, it could be very small but never the less more than one. So saying that you have to ask yourself who was the 1st to be taken and how did they find out about him, once they had him the rest would be simple but abduction number one, that tuck some snooping and snoops always leave foot prints. I do not think I am going out on a lym here when I say, did the 1st abduction happen close to where you think the gates are?"


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

If these folks are Pathfinders, then I'm certain they have skills of their own. If we can free them, they should be reasonably competent enough to at least keep themselves safe, right? Perhaps even make their way back if the way is clear."


The man stands unweavering as Rosa addresses him. "No the pathfinder society expects all those men to be returned unharmed. If we find that harm came to them after they were free of the moon the pathfinder society will have to take that matter into its hands personally."

As Rosa asks about the obductions the man nods "Yes the first few abductions did happen as our members were in Skald. There have been several abductions under similar circumstances dating back hundreds of years...the rate of the abductions has increased dramatically now though which is what has us concerned. That and several of our higher ranking members have been taken...that will always draw the attention of the society."


M Tiefling Magus

Lyle nods slowly. "So- we go to the Skald, find your agents and find a way to the Moonscar. Sounds simple enough. You say that these abductions have been going on for centuries... has there been no investigation into this? Or have no clues merely been found? And, have there been any patterns in the people taken?"

Lyle leans back on his chair. "Either way- we need to move. I have a spell of teleportation prepared, but I need to see what the Skald looks like for it to work; the more detailed the picture, the more likely we will arrive on-target."


Male Human Sorcerer 1
DM Mathpro wrote:

The man stands unwavering as Rosa addresses him. "No the pathfinder society expects all those men to be returned unharmed. If we find that harm came to them after they were free of the moon the pathfinder society will have to take that matter into its hands personally."

As Rosa asks about the abductions the man nods "Yes the first few abductions did happen as our members were in Skald. There have been several abductions under similar circumstances dating back hundreds of years...the rate of the abductions has increased dramatically now though which is what has us concerned. That and several of our higher ranking members have been taken...that will always draw the attention of the society."

"You do understand that people do tend to get hurt by their captors. If something does happen to them I will not be held responsible for the evil actions of another. That said, I will do all within my power to ensure their safety. Just don't expect me to needlessly sacrifice myself for petty causes."

Looking at the rest of the group:

"Anyways, we need to get things in motion. Enough has been said that we can get a start. Anyone else object?"


No longer active

"Lyle you where in the land of sleep when we had the chat about getting to Skald, it was agreed we would TP to the Pathfinders HQ there as they would have the most up to date information and a scroll of Interplanetary Teleport, if your willing to use a spell to get us there than thats all to the best, as for seeing there, why I have a wayfinder and this masked man here I hope will set it for us to point to the Pathfinder house there, so we can use that to help us arrive in the right spot"

She looks at Kalim as he talks, then to the masked man

"Do you hear that, not be held responsible for the evil actions of another. To which point I would like you to sign this on behalf on the
Decemvirate to us, we will all sign as well, just so have it all down on paper."

She pulls out a roll of contacts and looks through them picking one, she then strikes out a number of parts and then adds in it the names of the two party's, Decemvirate + Group, she then hand two copys out for signing.

"I have removed the legibility parts that you may find offensives just to get things moving, I think you will find this sad as it makes me basic contract all in order. Its simply states that we have agreed to under take a rescue mission for the Decemvirate for which we agree to etc".

We have signed here by agree to undertake one Moon rescue mission for the Decemvirate for which we and the Decemvirate agree to the following only


  • 1; The party will not be held responsible Evil actions done to the captives
  • 2; The party will not be held responsible any State the captives my be in when found
  • 3; We agree that no payment will be forthcoming should we not find out and/or return port or all of the captives, whole and alive if possible.
  • 4; That the Decemvirate will disclose all Relevant information about the secure mission and captives as soon as it is known to them by the most effective means open to them.
  • 5; That the costs of all expendables be reimbursed to the group as and when such chances arise for them to do so.
  • 6; One Scroll of Interplanetary Teleport will be supplied to the party before it relocates to the moon.
  • 7; That a considerable reword be paid on compilation of the moon mission successfully or not.
  • 8; That should any party member be killed in this undertaking that the Decemvirate arrange Restoration to the state of life and full health, baring all costs themselves.
  • 9;--(This part has been Crossed out by Rosa)Sell our souls to hell (This part is Crossed out by Rosa)--

Signed by...

Rosa signs the two copy's and hand them out.

"Sorry about the last part that's printed on all of them, so once that's done we can head off"

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

If, and only if, the man signs, I will add my signatures where appropriate.


Male Human Sorcerer 1
Telcia Dremen wrote:
If, and only if, the man signs, I will add my signatures where appropriate.

Signatures? Do you have multiple personalities? :-P


No longer active

two docs one for him one for us


The man looks at the contract, hesitates for a moment, and then signs. "There I have signed your contract. Now if you will hand me your wayfinder I will set it for you and you can be off." He takes the wayfinder from Rosa and sets it.

Just so I'm clear you guys are heading to Skelt to get information and then to the Growling Skald to investigate the gate and if found stable enough use it to get to the moon and the scroll is to be used for the return trip home correct?


No longer active

Yep when we arrive in Skelt thats when I show the contract and say give scroll then we head off to the gate, the scroll is to get us back as I think the gates may not servive us, what say you gang is that the plan?


No longer active

Rosa takes there contact hands it to the others to sign,
"well thats that once we have all signed its time to head off I think. Inn keep bill please"


M Tiefling Magus

Just to check, who is casting the scroll? I know that Interplanetary Teleport definitely is not on MY spell list.

Lyle runs his eyes over the contract and places a spidery signature at the bottom. "As always, Rosa, the intricacy of your calligraphy matches that of your reasoning."

Lifting his backpack off the floor, Lyle checks through it before turning to the group. "I have what I need; do you fellows? Shall we leave immediately or wait until the morrow?"

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"I have my essentials. Unless anyone wants to chip in and wait for some crafted alchemical items, then I believe we're ready whenever we wish to start."


No longer active

we have yet to be given the scroll, I will cast greater teleport to get us to the city, when we have the scroll its to get us back from the moon should we need it. we hope to go from the city to the volcano to find and use the gates to get to the moon.

Rosa gos and gets ready to cast her spell.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

I must go to my rooms to fetch my blades and breastplate, I shall return momentarily. I get up to go.

51 to 100 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Moonscar Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.