Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Moonscar

Game Master mathpro18


1 to 50 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Today started like any other day. You were spending a week in your individual homes taking a break from your career as adventurers. This was to be the last day of solitude before it was back to work. You had orders to meet your group at a near by tavern. The day passes uneventfully for all but Jaegar(read the spoiler below Jaegar) and you all make your way to the tavern were you're supposed to meet with your adventuring party.

As you gather together you notice that Jaegar is not present.

Jaegar:

You find the bloody remains of your mother. Her head has been removed by what looks to be a rather large blade and in her mouth she holds a note. The note its self is written in a strange language but one you have seen many times and you instantly recognize as Celestial. It informs you that your father has been taken into the services of the insatiable queen, Izmiara. It instructs you that your mother was deemed usless and was therefore killed. From what you've heard about Izmiara you shutter to think what she might be doing to or with your father and that thought combined with the state your mother was left in makes you sick to your stomach. You spend the day trying to get over the rage that burns inside of you and tending to your mothers body. You are late arriving to the tavern and by the time you get there your party members have already arrived. If you want to say anything to them about what has happened is up to you. Please let your party members make a few posts before you jump in.

Sorry to use the old "you meet in a tavern" line but its where the adventure starts. You all have been adventuring together for a while now so you have grown rather close. How you react to Jaegar's absence is up to you but it wouldn't be out of line to be concerned.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Looks like I'm the first to arrive. I get a beer and sit at the bar, carousing until the others get here.


Male Human Sorcerer 1

Kalim enters the tavern and makes his way to the table that Tiran Collab is at. A half-orc woman is with him.

”May I sit?” Kalim asks.

If the affirmative is given he will sit.

He looks over at the woman.

”Tevaga, order us some food if you would. Please make sure that Tiran is accommodated. We don’t let others go hungry do we? Not that he needs it from the looks of him. And get yourself whatever you desire.” he says with a chuckle.

”Tiran, how goes it? I trust you are well. Hope the others arrive soon. I do enjoy good company.”


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

For Rosa this was new, I home and house in a smell town, as she sat back in the hot tub she removed that day some time ago, when she got her

orders:

"here is your next mission"

said the 8 armed Miner Devil in room 162 in the halls of Justice and pain 3ed ziggurat level 18.

Rosa looked at his horned head for a moment then reached out at took the note, it game the location and names of a small group of adventurers in some place on the Prime.

"Whats this?"

she waved it at him,

"You have been order to join his group and work with them until such time as your told to stop do you understand hound"

She nodded, hounds to not argue they just do, if she said no, the sword would make her go any way so there was not point.

"I will do as commanded."

Now she had a smell house with rooms and slaves, who looked after her needs. The baths where nice and there where fresh flowers every day, even the local kids now waved at the big scary lady who had a sword that talked. Last week the newly wed couple form next door even came around with cake. As she stood and was dressed she looked out of the window and the down below, cold eyes looked out with utter contempt.

"^$%$&£*, I hate this place, what the hells I'm a doing here?"

she stepped over to a disturbing looking bush that was eating a small dog, "ARM" she said and stepped into it, the long blade like throngs wove themselves slowly around her until the bush was gone and Rosa was in armor.

She put on the rest of her things then held her hand our "Sword!", from the next room a large black and read hell rune blade flow in the door and then hilt 1st landed on her back. The armor thongs moved and locked it in place.

"Ми йдемо приймати душ" the sword said.

"yes we go to take souls"

She looks at her head salve an elf female,

"keep this place safe, keep the grounds well, and do not wast my wealth, or I will take you to hell."

She bows her head as do they all, fear rules here.

Rosa walks out the house not looking back.

the work to the Inn was down the in, past the small line of shops and the school. Mr Liron the Dwarf basket maker came to the door as she walked past, "Of adventure-ring again are you Rosa?"

"yes" was all she said

O how I hate this place

as she passed the school the children playing in the yard came to the rallying and looked at her.

"She from hell my mum told me"
"why she have horns?"
"Nan says she eats children but I think she just telling me that to make me go to bed, she a nice lady Mum says."
"ye her and her fights them Gaints that would have eat us all up"
"and them goblin things in the hills, my dad says if it was not for her and the other we would all be goblin human pie by now"

the teacher comes out and shows the kids away and thing of all things gives Rosa a smile and a wave. Rosa shudders
"Will the hell never end"
I life time in the fire pits of hell had not prepared Rose in any way shape for form, for provincial life in a quiet little town. Last week she had been asked you judge a local jam making contest, Devils find such things difficult would be a understatement. As last she came to the Inn and end of smiling faces, at lest in here was the odd drunk unhappy with life. She perked up, maybe to day she could get one to sign his soul over, she smiled and evil smile,

that hope for you.

She walked in.

To find Kalim and Tiran as always 1st there siting and talking, Rosa liked Tiran and Kalim, Tiran was deadly with two swords and Kalim had a keen eye that spotted things others missed, things that had saved her form being sent back to hell more than once.

She looks at the bar keep, he knows what she likes, red wine laced with drugs, not to much, just a snip to wake the mind. Fools drink to fall over Rosa drinks to think faster.

she sits next to them and in a dry slightly joking voice she says.

"I got a nice day from the basket weaver and the school kids waved at me... being with you all is starting to make me look good, I hate it."

She says good in the same way others say the word Poison, like some thing bad she just found in her soup. As of Q her sword makes a low groaning sound. They also know she always says this, she told them long ago she was ordered to be with them, why she has no idea and as such has done just the, But here orders did not say she had to enjoy but after all this time, she did, they had dome some amazing things and she owed each and every one her life more than one. But old habits died hard.
Rosa was always unhappy when they did 'good deeds' but orders where orders as she often complained, "Hell must have a reason why I am not cutting your hands off right now and feeding them to you," was another she often send to some they had taken captive and after been told not to kill the prisoners .

she sips her drink


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Of course, Kalim. How goes it?
Kalim was all right for a Qadiran. One cannot help where they were born, I suppose.
Good day, Rosa.
Rosa could be unnerving to some, but I had seen enough to make a tiefling as good as any companion.


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

"And to you Tiran, so what is it to be this time, some deep dark dungeon with a misanthropic undead who has a sadomasochistic fetish for traps or temple to some outer god long dead who's seeking to crash the party of the world, just love them, what joy, as long as its not goblins I do not care."

always to the point, she takes another ship of her wakeup wine, the meeting was after all about the next adventure, and she meant it, she just could not stand Goblins, it was the way they popped when you stamped on them.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

I'm told there is a goblin necromancer nearby, farmers speak of hordes of undead goblins raiding the outlying farms. I say with a wink.
As for our current job, I have not heard yet. Have you?


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

"Not a peep, but if it's another evil cleric, I may have to send a memo home and ask why they pick such dull witted ones that even you can kill them"

She winks back, the last two they had come across where a bit shocked a hound of hell had shown up and even more so when Rosa and the others had sent them back to the hells for some better training.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Hmm, perhaps Kalim knows. Heh, a Zimarite asking a Qadiran for information, history has never seen the like.
My birthplace was on the border with Qadira, a fortress the size of a city, meant to watch for any aggression. A lifetime of vigilance is a hard habit to break.


M Tiefling Magus

Striding through the door appears a tall tiefling with green skin, made taller by his top hat. He gives a quick nod to the bartender, and walks over to sit down at your table.

"Fair greetings, compatriots! T'has been some time since I was last regaled with another example of Rosa's wit or your swordplay, Tiran. How have you fared? Any idea what our mission is? I do desperately need mezzanine funding..."

While he speaks, Lyle casually leans back and grips his necklace in his hand, trailing fingers against its silver surface.

Using Medallion of Detect Thoughts to see if anyone in the tavern (except party members) means us harm.


Male Human Sorcerer 1

"I just might know at that." Kalim says with a smirk.

"Say, we are missing Jaegar. Anyone seen him around?"


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Unfortunately all you'll get tonight is Rosa's wit, Lyle. I enjoy swordplay and I enjoy drinking, and tonight is solely for drinking.
No, I haven't seen him, Kalim.


Male Human Sorcerer 1

"In that case. Barkeep! Keep the drinks coming! We will have all we want."


M Tiefling Magus

Lyle nods with a wide grin. "Agreed. Barkeep! A round of your finest liquor. Or, failing that, two rounds of your foulest rotgut!"


Male Human Sorcerer 1

"Ohhh no! I remember the last time we had rotgut. I'll pass on that thank you very much! My insides churned for three days straight from that night."

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

I arrive late, as my MO, to make sure no one else is spying on the group or waiting for trouble.

perception?

Spoiler:
1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28

Regardless of my findings, I quietly slip into the group.

"Not an hour goes by and you're all up to your ears in drinks already. Glad I stay in practice. I get the feeling we're going to need it."

I have a seat, preferably with a good vantage point of the rest of the tavern.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

Its a tavern, Telcia, enjoy yourself. Have you seen Jaeger by the way?
I continue to drink and carouse with the other patrons.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

strangely, no. as long as he can be counted on, what he does with his time is his business.

I maintain a reserved posture, surreptitiously scanning the room for anything out of the ordinary.


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

"hes probably turned himself in a newt or some thing like last time, ' I command the powers to make the size of a rabbit'... mind you a bob tail and big fully ears may suit him"

Rosa reaches in to her bad and brings a dusty bottle of wine and plunks it on the table.

"This precocious little number is an 400 year old morit, from the lower Iron hills. I err located it just a few days ago and the merchant who had it was keen to sell, shall we try some"


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

About two hours later, Jaegar walks into the tavern and slams the door shut. He walks over to the table, clearly agitated. As is normal for him, his feet don't actually touch the ground, but float a few inches above it.

He sits down and slams his hands on the table. "I just spent the day burying my mother, so don't start with me about being late." He pauses, looking around the table. "It would also seem that my father has been taken by Izmiara, the Insatiable Queen. I don't know if it's out of spite or what that she decides to prey on my parents. But I do know this. I have a job for us, and I'm the backer this time. I want my father back, and as a bonus, I'd like to see Izmiara's head removed from her body just like my mother's was. Whatever she wants, I don't just want it stopped, I want it spectacularly ruined and her openly mocked to have even attempted it. And Rosa, you can feast on her soul if you'd like."

He pauses and looks around the table at the group. "So? What do you say? Ruin a Demon Queen's life? You can have whatever you find along the way. Besides, I know some of you have begun to get bored." He sits back, his rage just barely contained.

CG now...CN by the end?

GM: How much do we know about Izmiara and the Moonscar? Do we know the portal has been opened?


M Tiefling Magus

As is usual for this point in the evening, Lyle is currently lying under the table, clutching his head. Ceasing rubbing his eyes, he raises his head to look up at Jaegar and chucks him a bottle of what laid him low. "I'm sorry, Jaegar. I lost a parent as well. I'll go with you- blast my lightning through her eyeballs..." A fresh wave of nausea and pain washes over Lyle, and he collapses back to the floor, groaning. "...tomorrow." Finished speaking, he passes out.


Male Human Sorcerer 1
Rosa.Luminass wrote:


Rosa reaches in to her bad and brings a dusty bottle of wine and plunks it on the table.

"This precocious little number is an 400 year old morit, from the lower Iron hills. I err located it just a few days ago and the merchant who had it was keen to sell, shall we try some"

Kalim eyes the bottle closely for a brief moment.

Appraise: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36

"Hmmmm, a fine bottle indeed. Open it up, and we shall make Jaeger happy again!" Kalim says with a smirk.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

I, too, have lost a family member, Jaeger. I will take up my swords and march off the ends of the earth with you. But first, Cayden forbids I pass up such fine fare. Huzzah!


Male Human Sorcerer 1
Jaeger Frunte wrote:

About two hours later, Jaegar walks into the tavern and slams the door shut. He walks over to the table, clearly agitated. As is normal for him, his feet don't actually touch the ground, but float a few inches above it.

He sits down and slams his hands on the table. "I just spent the day burying my mother, so don't start with me about being late." He pauses, looking around the table. "It would also seem that my father has been taken by Izmiara, the Insatiable Queen. I don't know if it's out of spite or what that she decides to prey on my parents. But I do know this. I have a job for us, and I'm the backer this time. I want my father back, and as a bonus, I'd like to see Izmiara's head removed from her body just like my mother's was. Whatever she wants, I don't just want it stopped, I want it spectacularly ruined and her openly mocked to have even attempted it. And Rosa, you can feast on her soul if you'd like."

He pauses and looks around the table at the group. "So? What do you say? Ruin a Demon Queen's life? You can have whatever you find along the way. Besides, I know some of you have begun to get bored." He sits back, his rage just barely contained.

CG now...CN by the end?

GM: How much do we know about Izmiara and the Moonscar? Do we know the portal has been opened?

"I am at your disposal. As is Tevaga."

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

my eyes narrow at the mention of a demon queen.

I can't share much sympathy, Jaeger, but I can most certainly get behind a job like this. Besides, demon queens usually mean the kind of trouble we don't want. Would an open throat suffice?


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

"So long as she doesn't draw breath through it." The older man drains his glass of wine in a single long swallow. "And I didn't want this trouble. It found me. And it will regret it before, we're done."


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

Rosa's face darkens as Jaeger talks of the events of the day,
she then lets the others talk, as is her way.

She leans into the table and says to Jarger.

"I am sorry to hear about your loss Jarger, your mother was a law abiding woman who as far as I can tell had done nothing wrong to warrant her execution in this manner. The justifications of the moon have no prevalence or justification here. This means that the law has been clearly broken and as such quick and terrible retribution needs to be forthcoming. There is also the matter of your fathers unlawful kidnapping by means of this grieves act of despicable violence. He must be found, liberated and given once more his freedom, the perpetrators of said criminal deeds need to be identified and punished to the full letter of the law, that is what the law dictates as true action here."

She sits back and adds

"On a simpler note you had us at Demon Queen."

The great black blade hovering beside her makes a moaning sound in agreement.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

A toast! To Demon Queens! Because without them, what would we do with ourselves? hic

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"not roam into endless expanses of hellish wastelands in search of otherworldly fiends who'd sooner impale us than speak to us?"


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

"In deed a toast, Jaeger on this say we here swear bloody vengeance on all and any who perpetrated this crime. We will hound them to thier reckoning and bloody doom"

She Drinks her beaker of wine.

"So where to start, any have any idea where this B&^&h queen and her followers may be?"


Jaeger Frunte wrote:


GM: How much do we know about Izmiara and the Moonscar? Do we know the portal has been opened?

You do not know the protal has been opened yet and I'll need knowledge local, religion, or nature checks to see what the group knows about Izmiara.


Lyle Rihannsu wrote:

Striding through the door appears a tall tiefling with green skin, made taller by his top hat. He gives a quick nod to the bartender, and walks over to sit down at your table.

"Fair greetings, compatriots! T'has been some time since I was last regaled with another example of Rosa's wit or your swordplay, Tiran. How have you fared? Any idea what our mission is? I do desperately need mezzanine funding..."

While he speaks, Lyle casually leans back and grips his necklace in his hand, trailing fingers against its silver surface.

Using Medallion of Detect Thoughts to see if anyone in the tavern (except party members) means us harm.

No one means you harm in the tavern Lyle but there does seem to be someone who is...observing the party. 'must be the group I've been sent to talk to...no one can mistake that horrid woman for anyone but Rosa' you hear him think.


Telcia Dremen wrote:

I arrive late, as my MO, to make sure no one else is spying on the group or waiting for trouble.

perception?** spoiler omitted **

Regardless of my findings, I quietly slip into the group.

"Not an hour goes by and you're all up to your ears in drinks already. Glad I stay in practice. I get the feeling we're going to need it."

I have a seat, preferably with a good vantage point of the rest of the tavern.

Telcia you notice that there is a man that seems to be observing the party but he hasn't approached yet.


The bartender is happy to provide as much booze as the party desires. Since this is a normal meeting spot for the party he doesn't even charge you, saying he'll just "add it to your tab."

I want fortitude checks from those of you still drinking. I will also be needing knowedge religion, nature, or local checks to see what you all remember about the insatiable queen.


M Tiefling Magus

Lyle mutters a muffled groan, still comatose.

Fort:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
K. Nature:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

Kn, Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Kn, Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Kn, Planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Threw the last one in there, because it seemed relevant.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Jaeger motions for another round, and then kicks Lyle to make sure he's still alive.


Jaeger:

Sometimes visible from Golarion as a dark stain located in the moon’s southern hemisphere, the Moonscar is an Abyssal blight on the moon’s face. In their hubris, the arcane astronomers of Azlant accidentally released this blight when they failed at an attempt to terraform the
entire moon with magic. For about the last 12,000 years the moonscar has been ruled by a powerful succubus, Izmiara the Insatiable Queen. You seem to remember reading somewhere that Izmiara is working towards an age of domination of not just the moonscar but of Golarion as well. The insatiable queen and her ageless daughters emply magic to make the long flight through the cold, silent vacuum of space to Golarion where they abduct humanoids. These that Izmiara deems fit are kept as breeding stock or are transformed into agents of the Abyss. Those not deemed fit, like your mother, are sometimes taken for food or are killed instantly on the spot. Those that are turned into agents of the Abyss are sometimes returned to Golarion to carry out missions for the queen herself. It is possible that your father might return as one of these agents but he could also just be kept as breeding stock...either way you're pretty sure you want to stop her before either happens.

Lyle:

Sometimes visible from Golarion as a dark stain located in the moon’s southern hemisphere, the Moonscar is an Abyssal blight on the moon’s face. In their hubris, the arcane astronomers of Azlant accidentally released this blight when they failed at an attempt to terraform the
entire moon with magic.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

fort save1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
I begin singing: We are, we are,we are, we are, we are adventurers. we can, we can, we can, we can demolish all these beers. So drink up, drink up, drink up, drink up and come along with us. 'Cause we don't give a damn about Demon Queens, we'll spit in their eyes and curse!


Tiran just shortly after your song ends you pass out from all the booze you've consumed.


Male Human Sorcerer 1
DM Mathpro wrote:

The bartender is happy to provide as much booze as the party desires. Since this is a normal meeting spot for the party he doesn't even charge you, saying he'll just "add it to your tab."

I want fortitude checks from those of you still drinking. I will also be needing knowedge religion, nature, or local checks to see what you all remember about the insatiable queen.

Kalim has only had a single mug of mild ale he has been drinking from. He has also been eating during this time. If you still want a fort check let me know please.

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40

When the bartender says he will put in on the tab, Kalim speaks:

"I'll take care of the cost."

Just for reference, here is info on the class ability he uses to purchase services and such as this. :

Prestigious Influence (Ex):
At 4th level, a noble scion can use his influence to receive special treatment, favors, and other services. He effectively has a pool of virtual gold pieces equal to 150 gp plus 10 gp per class level to spend on services and non-material goods. This pool replenishes at the beginning of every week.
Services and nonmaterial goods available to a noble scion include:
• Pay for lodgings, stabling, taxes, and tolls.
• Improve his lifestyle quality (Core Rulebook 405).
• Hire entertainers, messengers, mounts, servants, transport, workers, and so on.
• Obtain invitations to exclusive events, or entry
• Spread rumors or start a whispering campaign.
• Purchase spellcasting services.
• Employ an expert hireling to make a skill check with a check bonus of +10 plus his class level (50 gp).
A noble scion cannot permanently gain goods or wealth from this ability; boons attainable from this ability are generally only available in settlements of 5,000 people or more. The exact benefits available in a location are subject to GM discretion.

Kalim notices Telcia observing the man that is watching the group. He carefully gets a look at him when the man is not paying attention.

Perception: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (14) + 32 = 46

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"at least Lyle had the decency to pass out before he started singing."

I lower my voice slightly. "Wonder if our secret admirer over there is going to wait until everyone's asleep before he finds his spine."

no drinks for me, and unfortunately the requested knowledge checks are not my forte, so, have at it folks.


Male Human Sorcerer 1

Kalim calls out to the man.

”You there! Come on over. Have something to eat and drink. There is plenty for everyone.”

Once he has seated himself:

”Now tell me, what is it you want? You have been over there for a bit and something is on your mind. Speak up now.”


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

"Izmiara takes people either to breed with them or turn them into her own agents of the Abyss. My father is not becoming one of those. She owns a piece of real estate on the moon, known as the Moonscar, and she's been trapped up there for eons. She can send demons to earth, but it's a slow and draining process, which is why she hasn't made much headway. Like I said, I want my father back, and whatever Izmiara's plans are, I want to crush them."

Jaeger's head whips around when Kalim calls the man over. "Who are you? What the hell do you want?"


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

Kn, Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Kn, Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Kn, Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Rosa only has 2 glasses (She never drinks to access she always sips her wine and only drinks the best she can get. As the others fall over she stops drinking, once a her old habits kick in.

"now if I had just off one of our groups Mothers and knew we would be meeting here and wanted us all dead so we would not follow, well I would come here poison the drinks and let the party kill itself. Well that's what I would do. lets see if I am on only evil &^&&* ^%%& here, shall we."

Rosa with a wave of a finger casts Detect Poison on all the drinks.
Then blinks and her eyes take on a gray sheen, 'Deathwatch' on the party Then as the other start to talk of a man keeping tabs on the,
Rosa thinks to her Hell blade, be ready. The sword moves to stand upright next to her with in arms reach. She looks at him looking at them. Rosa waits to see how the man responds to Jaeger demands for an introduction and intentions.


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

Bump


The man that Kalim beckons over comes over and sits down nervously. He is wearing an eyeless red leather mask and he clears his throat before he speaks "Excuse me...I didn't mean to be rude but I was charged with giving you a message...please keep that one from harvesting my soul while I speak" he says pointing a very shakey finger at Rosa.

He clears his throat again and then speaks in a hushed voice that sounds like it might be disguised with magic. "I cannot tell you my name, for I am a member of the Decembirate, and my ability to guide the Pathfinder Society hinges on my anonymity. What is doubtlessly more important to you than my name is how I can help you. In recent months, I have been investigating the disappearance of a high-ranking Pathfinder agent named Osprey, and have discovered a series of similar disappearances throughout the Inner Sea region, all of which occurred under similar circumstances. In each case, the missing person was last seen with an attractive stranger, and appeared to be rapt with the new acquaintance's beauty and charm. Reports in most cases place the missing individual in the company of the same stranger in the Nirmanthi city of Skelt, from whence the party is said to have traveled south toward a recently active volcanic ridge called the Growing Skald."[/b] he pauses to take a breath and to fix his eyes on Jaeger.

"I was doing some research near your home last night when I saw your father leave with a very attractive woman and I believe it was the stranger that has been taking men. I did what I could to stop her but she was to quick for me and got away. I can tell you that our divination's have located several of those who vanished, including your father, on the moon. I can assure you as of earlier this afternoon he was still alive but I know that might be of little comfort."

Looking to the rest of the group he continues "Long have reports spoken of a demon-tainted jungle on the surface of the moon-what we on Galarion see as the Moonscar. It is there that I believe those abducted have been taken, though for what sinister succubus plot I know not. Few have the means to venture into such a realm, which is why I am here, now, with you. There is little I can offer you beyond pointing you in what I hope is the right direction. Yet if you can find a way to the Moonscar and retrieve not only my missing agent and your friends father, but any other captives of the demons there, then my faith in you has not been misguided. Whatever plan the Moonscar's Insatiable Queen and her servants have in the works, it has sped up drastically, and I fear for us all should they not be stopped."

Once he has finished speaking he waits silently for any questions you as a party might have.

Kalim:

Sometimes visible from Golarion as a dark stain located in the moon’s southern hemisphere, the Moonscar is an Abyssal blight on the moon’s face. In their hubris, the arcane astronomers of Azlant accidentally released this blight when they failed at an attempt to terraform the
entire moon with magic. For about the last 12,000 years the moonscar has been ruled by a powerful succubus, Izmiara the Insatiable Queen. You seem to remember reading somewhere that Izmiara is working towards an age of domination of not just the moonscar but of Golarion as well. The insatiable queen and her ageless daughters employ magic to make the long flight through the cold, silent vacuum of space to Golarion where they abduct humanoids. These that Izmiara deems fit are kept as breeding stock or are transformed into agents of the Abyss. Those not deemed fit, are sometimes taken for food or are killed instantly on the spot. Those that are turned into agents of the Abyss are sometimes returned to Golarion to carry out missions for the queen herself.

Rosa:

You are saddened to find that none of the drinks have been poisoned and none of your party members are close to death.

Sczarni

Female human 16 rogue(knife master)

"Never heard of a demon queen that was good for anyone, and Succubi give all women a bad name. Sounds like as good a reason as any for a little infiltration...though, the moon's a little further than a midday stroll. I presume you know of a means to travel there? And, more importantly, back?"


Acrobat -2, Heal +9, Kn(All) +3/+7, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -2 HP 28/28; Initi+2; Darkvision 60ft; Fort+7/ Re+2/ Will+5; AC 21 / T13 / FF 18; CMB +5; CMD 15; Speed 30ft; Female - Fighter L1 Cleric L2 - Tiefling Oni-Spawn (Hungerseed)

As Rosa hears the last of the mans words her sword comes and lays on her lap, it talks to her and her alone.

GM what the sword says:

This is said with TP and only Rosa can hear.

::So this is why we where sent here, the Demon land of the moon as long been hated by the hell's and war with its ruler has always been the aim of hell's army's, we where planted here as sleepers in case just such event as this was come about. If you needed any other evidence that Asmodeus is the most devilry of cunning minds in all the plane then here it is, The cunning of this, we should rejoice Rosa for the hell's are ruled well. Our road is clear we find out all we can. For years the Moon could do nothing as the trip to here was to long so how are they coming now? has their power grown so, or is one of the demands helper her do this. Hell needs to know to fight Rosa, we most find out.::

[ooc]This is so you know her motivation from here on in, she believes she was asked to join this group as a sleeper to do the Hell's fact finding.
The must have known some thing was up and that putting her here gets her close to a Demon danger to the Hell's.

Rosa nods her head and the masked man talks.

"Have no fear I will take your soul, Mask!, you have just become far to valuable to the Hell's alive and here. Your news of the demon infested lands of the moon worry us. That place has long been a scare the Hell's we be delighted to remove. Legions of Hell Knights look up at that moon blot and wish only to march there stamping it flat underfoot, So you are needed. Tell us of your research and what you know of the Demon succubuses Daughters, for I feel she would send her own off spring to do her collecting. Why she is taking agents, Knowledge masked one, Knowledge. Before one attacks in force on seeks to collect as much information as one can about ones target. What better way then to collect soft willed men with heads just full of Knowledge, the workings of the world all there to be plucked. Why do I think the Izmiara the Insatiable Queen will attack. Well the clue is in the name, Insatiable, Greed is her sin and it is endless with no bounds. How, well I feel she may have found a greater demon to aid her, if that is true then the Blood war comes here. Because of Izmiara now has the power to send even her spys here, than an army will be soon behind.

What interests me is, you say things have speeded up, this means some kind of time table has been set in place and they have just about all the Knowledge they need to act or they feel they have a weakness that needs to be covered up. In both cases we need to act fast and just let you know if a Demon Army was to come here then the hosts of hell will also be coming to face it, and a blood war is never nice for the locals. "

Rosa smiles and sips some more of her wine.


Male Human(Taldan) Fighter(Two-Weapon) 16

I fall out of my chair and start snoring on the floor.


Human Oracle (Heavens) 16

Jaeger bristles when the man speaks of his father going off with an attractive woman, but he sits back and allows the man to say his piece. A succubus, of course, was hard to resist for any man. "If her attacks are increasing, then Rosa may be right. Fortunately, we tend to be a potent force ourselves, and I have little reason for restraint at the moment. So he is on the moon, along with your Osprey." He sits back with a grim smile. "She'll soon see that the heavens can be as much my realm as hers. Do you have a lead on how we can get there or where one of her Daughters is? Perhaps we can pry the information out of her."

1 to 50 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Moonscar Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.