Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Monster Hill (Inactive)

Game Master lordzack

Monster Hill is a sandbox, megadungeon-based campaign using the Pathfinder rules set. It is set up so that many groups of adventurers can plumb it’s depths and the changes they make will carry over to when other groups play.


151 to 200 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Female Catfolk Monk

Scorn raises an eyebrow at Ranorel's actions but makes no comments on it. "So where to now?" she instead asks


[ooc]You know instead of going after the chest in the previous room you've been told is empty and know is trapped, you could check out the chest in this room?[ Sorry, if I didn't make it clear that there were two chests./ooc]


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

"Lan, why are you staring at the trapped chest? Oh did I ask you to? I'm sorry, I ment to ask if you would check to see if this chest is trapped too."

@Monster Master: I had no idea!


Ok, I'm just going to move things along here. In fact I was mistaken, there is actually more than one container in the room, not just one chest. Five chests contain many rolls of linen, 2 barrels are filled with salt, and a small chest is filled with 13 gp, 20 sp & 30 cp.


Male Wood Elf Ranger (Master of the Hunt)/1

I'm going to bring some of the salt. as much salt as you'll allow.


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

O_o the salt... expecting slimes are we?

Onnam wasn't really sure the men they fought actually were bandits, but after finding the rolls of linen and barrels of salt his doubts were gone.
These surely were stolen goods, question was what they were supposed to do with them. Trying to find the owner or sell it off themselves. Onnam looked at the group. His guess would be the latter.

"Let's move on. More bandits are waiting for us!"


Male Human Magus (Staffbound) 1

Indeed. Let us move on. These good will be nearly impossible to trace to their original owners, I would think.


Male Human Rogue (knife master) 1

The rogue whistles to himself as he waits for the group to move along.


Male Goblin Cave Druid 1

Zaggle nudges the front line members forward and makes sure Honey is still on his person somewhere.


Male Wood Elf Ranger (Master of the Hunt)/1

Moving right along then


Male Human Magus (Staffbound) 1

Roakrak will take up his position again in the front before proceeding.


So, where are you proceeding to? There's a door in the room with the pit trap and chest and there's also a corridor branching off the one you entered through. Or you could go back and recruit Gark, perhaps equipping him with some of the bandit's arms and armor.


Male Wood Elf Ranger (Master of the Hunt)/1

i would prefer the door, but before that I would like to attemt to recruit Gark


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

Everyone else want to recruit the orc? I'm ok with it and then indeed continue through the door here.


Male Human Magus (Staffbound) 1

Fine with me.


Male Goblin Cave Druid 1

Awesome!


You return to the chamber wherein Gark can be found. He says "I can see from the blood on some of you that you have been in battle. Have you sent my tormentors to the land of the dead, where he of the white hands silently watches over the shades of the fallen?"


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

Putting up his most serene look, Onnam smiles at the orc.

"I don't know about white hands, but I'm very sure Hades will see them to Tartaros for a very long time. That's not something to look forward to. We should all take decisions in this life to ensure Tartaros is not our final destination. Come with us and I'll tell you more about Tartaros."

He gestures Gark to come with them.

"In Tartaros there's torture, torment and neverending misery for those who end up there....." Onnam says as he walks away.


Male Human Rogue (knife master) 1

Lan waits patiently for this orc matter to finish. He seemed less than pleased they'd even consider going backward.


Male Goblin Cave Druid 1

"Come brother, just don't mind Onnam, he's a little "eccentric" about this Hades fellow"


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

"Ha! Eccentric you may call me, but you'd be wise to at least listen to my advice. Eternal torture in Tartaros is something you would want to avoid. Ylldrom the Mad would be able to tell you that, were he not being plucked apart by a horde of infernal beetles, every second of his afterlife."


Gear from the bandits includes: studded leather x4, buckler x4, composite longbow (+1 Str) with 20 arrows x4, short sword x4, sap x4. In case you want to give any of this to Gark. He is only proficient with clubs however.


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

As they walk towards the room they came from, Onnam fiddles with one of the bows they found on the bandits. He looks around to see if anyone else is interested in them before he speaks.

"That's some nice bows those men carried. I would like to keep one for myself. Is that alright with you folks?"

After asking Onnam will continue to the other door in the room with the trapped chest. He puts his fingers to his lips as to sign the others to be very quiet and he tries to hear if there's anything behind the door.

OOC:

Perception to listen: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Onnam hears nothing.

Gark responds to Zaggle'Bo, "I would not presume to mock another man's religion. Each has their own religious beliefs and ways to see the spirit world."


Male Human Magus (Staffbound) 1

Roakrak whispers to Gark, after Onnam's gesture, "Good to hear. Everyone's got an opinion, and each is valid. Perhaps, when you get out of here, you'd like to join the force? I think I might be able to get you a spot with the town guard, if you're interested. You can keep guys like the ones who imprisoned you in their place."


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

Seeing the rest of group just standing there, Onnam grows somewhat restless.

"Well, shall we move on then?"he says to the group but instead of waiting for an asnwer he opens the door, morningstar in hand, ready to defend himself in case his ears missed something.

OOC:
Trying to move this along, I hope that's ok.
Move action to open door, standard action to ready an attack in case there's something on the other side.


Male Wood Elf Ranger (Master of the Hunt)/1

if nothing comes through the door I'll head inside and ready to attack anything hostile.


Male Human Rogue (knife master) 1

The rogue simply readied another arrow, falling in line behind the rest.


Male Goblin Cave Druid 1

With my bardiche at the ready!


Female Catfolk Monk

Scorn brings up the rear


You enter a small room, about one fourth the size of the previous. There is a door to the front and to the left. A image of a grinning imp can be seen on the ceiling.


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

Lowering his weapon, Onnam looks around in the room and wonders at meaning of the grinning imp on the ceiling.

"Well well, a grinning imp. Is he grinning at us?"

Onnam has a slightly worried look on his face as he stares at the painting.

OOC:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Wood Elf Ranger (Master of the Hunt)/1

"What say we see if it does anything."
Ranorel steps into the room half expecting the imp to attack as he listens at the door on the left.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Nothing happens.


Male Human Rogue (knife master) 1

The rogue chuckles, "Hurry now, we don't have all day!"


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

Feeling slightly uncomfortable because of the paiting, Onnam hesitates instead of moving towards one of the doors.

"Eh Lan, would you mind ensuring us that there's a trap in this room or on one of those doors?"


Male Human Rogue (knife master) 1

He shrugs, then haphazardly moves to complete Onnam's request.

I'll take the time to see if I can find any traps in room or on the doors.


No traps.


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

"Are you sure?" Onnam asks Lan as the man with the knives says there's no traps around. But before actually getting an answer, Onnam opens the door to the left.


The door opens into a room similar to the last, with doors too the left and right. There is a similar image of an imp on the ceiling.


Male Wood Elf Ranger (Master of the Hunt)/1

lets go left again
Ranorel Pauses to listen at the door on the left
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


You don't hear anything.


Male Wood Elf Ranger (Master of the Hunt)/1

Well then I suppose I'll open said door. Unless some one objects.


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

"Oh more grinning imps ahead I guess. Ranorel, you're good at keeping track of things right? You lead the way."

To keep things up to speed, objecting is a question of acting first! imho ;)


Female Catfolk Monk

"Someone liked there imps."


You enter the room to see... another room the same size as the last two, with another image of a grinning imp. This one has a chest in it, however.


Female Catfolk Monk

".....If I dident know better I would say the place is moking us."


Male Goblin Cave Druid 1

"How Ominous!"

Zaggle says eyeing the chest with suspicion.


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

"Mocking us indeed."

Onnam tilts his head while looking around the room. No doors?

"This is no ordinary tomb or treasury. No, this definitely looks like a test. It will make no difference if Aeacus or Radamanthus judges us once we're out of this life. Letting ourselves be fooled is not a good thing."

Peering at the chest and the room Onnam can't help but still wonder what the chest is doing here.


Male Wood Elf Domain Cleric/1

Onnam waited for anyone to step up and check out the chest. Unfortunately no one did, so with a soft sigh he carefully examined the room again before moving for the chest himself.

"I hope this one isn't trapped too..."

OOC:

Perception for room: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Perception for chest: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Also in my previous post I mentioned "doors", are there any in this room?

151 to 200 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Monster Hill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.