Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

Three groups of gaijin approach the Son of the Heavens, ruler of the Empire of Mists, in his palace in far Lanzhu. A great war is underway in the west, this is known, but what could these strangers want?


3,451 to 3,468 of 3,468 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

AC: 29 (T: 22, FF: 20) - CMD: 28 - F:13 R:18 W:9 - Hp: 24/123 - Grit 2/3

Hmmm shotoshotoshoto... that name rings a bell


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

Is Sense Motive okay to suspect the jar's contents? 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Imuri reacts, instantly, as if his day had no been spent in the company of gaijin with exploding weapons, or animate plum trees threatening him as if he did not serve the Empire the plum tree "built". His bow is respectful, but in the way of military samurai, he conveys urgency.

"Honorable Zhongyi-ko, I am relieved to see you. I believe you will find what you are looking for by joining me on the path to the Gossamer Palace. There are many things I should discuss with the treasured Sera sisters.


AC: 29 (T: 22, FF: 20) - CMD: 28 - F:13 R:18 W:9 - Hp: 24/123 - Grit 2/3

Sera sisters? heyyy... waitaminutes!!!

A few random pieces put themselves together in Urk's mind and he exclaims! "Hey Sera ladee!! I think yer jar there may be empty, or at least not have what yer expectin." He then leans in to Imuri and half-whispers, "PSSSSSSSSST!!!! Probably shouldn't kill anyone just yet, as I think Grik-Grok is still messin with us. Heard 'im say something about trickin ya into killin somebody with a Sera lass' soul stuck in 'em. Hmmm... hey ya don't think they put it in me, do ya? Eww...


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

Imuri reflects for a few seconds. Trained in the most unforgiving school in the Empire in terms of On, intrigue and plots. The prize pupil of a master said to have won prestigious games of go during the conversation before the game. Son of a house predicated on the metaphor of webs laid out to trap and deceive prey. And not just any son, but heir to the role of clan champion and family daimyo.

All this, and still in the last few days it seemed no plot was within his grasp. Now, granting life to the Sera girl may elude him a second time, to say nothing of the chaos apparently intended for the Emporer's state dinner. And the Spider, chief among clans in dealing with secrets and plots, was no more in control of yesterday's events than tonights.

He eyes Bethany Erodal, masquerading in public as the supposedly fearsome Scarecrow. She knew more about the Syndicate, and specifically Bai, than she had confessed, placing the Sera and he in grave danger. She would tell him all she knew, or she would be delivered to the maho users and have the truth divined from her corpse.

He turns to the goblin, another creature who didn't belong in his splendorous Empire, whose unpredictability served no purpose but his own. And yet, reason dictated he hear the thing out and consider a brief alliance with him until the Spider determined what his uses were.

"Very well. We will discuss matters together under the gossamer web of my family. We will have some protection there at least, and we will talk about this state dinner."

Oh, yeah. And also....Sense Motive 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22


AC: 29 (T: 22, FF: 20) - CMD: 28 - F:13 R:18 W:9 - Hp: 24/123 - Grit 2/3

If you're doing that Sense Motive at Urk, then you'd surmise he was telling the truth as best he knows it. He's unusually wise for a goblin, and isn't going to try pulling one over someone that seems fast on the uptake like Shoto.


@Urk and @Imuri: Zhongyi regards Urk stonily, but consents to go with to the Gossamer Palace. Your journey there is uneventful, especially as most of the city is en route to the palace for the State Dinner.


@Mai and @Livain and @Sar: You once again take to the skies, your keen eyes picking up the trail of the excessive amounts of water flooding the gutters. You follow the onrush south, where your altitude gives you remarkable perspective, and what you see chills your blood; an army is coming, approaching from the southeast.

They are a little ways off, yet, but will arrive by dawn if they keep up their current speed. You would estimate their numbers to be in excess of five thousand. You are too far, however, to make out much about their livery or banners except that they are all a deep, rich, sea-blue color.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Maiathreen's eyes widen at the sight of the large army. He curses in draconic at not having any message spells prepared. "Lets see if we can't find Min." He says thinking it shouldn't be that hard to find a huge dragon for the sky..or so he hopes.


@Urk and @Imuri: Bethany Erodal looks down at Urk. "Where did you come from, anyway? And what do you have to do with Grik-Grok? Isn't a god like him a bit too powerful for a single goblin to handle?"


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

Imuri leaves no room for discussion when he interrupts.

You will be answering more question than you ask tonight, Erodal-ko. While we travel to my Mother's house, refrain from speaking. You know our customs. You withheld information before, Consider yourself my hostage and be silent while we are without a safe place to talk. And do not test my mood.


AC: 29 (T: 22, FF: 20) - CMD: 28 - F:13 R:18 W:9 - Hp: 24/123 - Grit 2/3

*snicker*


@Urk and @Imuri: Bethany glares at the Shoto lord, but is silent.


@Wei: When you arrive at the palace, the little bird hops up onto your forearm, and again you hear the tiny singing/speaking voice of Swift, who you now know to be in the form of a bird: "...thank you, brother, for this you shall be rewarded by the very city itself...now I must fly...I do hope we meet again..." and with that the Swift flies high, high up to the highest tower of the palace, eventually disappearing from your sight.


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

Watching the bird fly away, Wei hums to himself a tune he learned when he was a mere child in the mangrove village. "Well then, I guess I must await Chu's arrival." Then, after making a note of his ragged and wet robes he thinks, Though perhaps I should clean find myself new robes and a healer. I'm sure the nobles would not like the sight of me as is.


Tokine allows her father to take her arm as she slowly guides him through the Fabled City. She points out landmarks and history, and making comments where needed, that recent troubles may have unfortunately impacted the beauty of certain vistas or buildings and pagodas.

When they enter the courtyard of her temple and small smile creases her lips. Her staff, dressed in their best, are arranged out front on the steps. Tokine had counted on the word to spread faster than her entourage, and Izumi, surely with Kai and Jinn's help, have made preparations.

Musicians strike up a festive tune to welcome the King and their 'Princess'.

Tokine draws her father up to her three most trusted associates. She gives them a warm smile and can see in their faces the struggle to contain their awe, but whether at her or her father she was not entirely sure. She makes introductions and then tells her father that the Temple staff would like to perform a dance as a welcome to the royal retinue, since it seems they will not be staying.

A few words with her staff. "Well done Imiri! And you too Kai and Jinn. I know you must not have had much time." She makes arrangements to have tonight's art, including her personal contribution to be delivered to the palace. Her piece is not to be hung until time for the poetry performance. And she thinks to have a new kimono sent, as she is not sure what her father's plans are with her. "Think a water theme...a few extra art pieces for the occasion too, as we have not expected such additional guests." She gives them each a hug and then directs people to their places.

The musicians strike up a new song and the dancers spread out to perform the dance Baslav taught them in honor of Shelyn. It seemed scandalous to perform it again so soon after the temple cleansing, but it seemed appropriate for this....celebration. Yes, very appropriate. As she danced and twirled, she hoped her father would also find it so.

Shadow Lodge

bump


Kai gives Izumi a look that says, What is she doing? We are going to drop if she doesn't stop soon. Izumi can only shrug as she swirls by. Looking to Tokine, her dance does appear a bit feverish as if trying to outdance a dogged memory, but there is a sly smile as well, as if the memories were no match to a good dance.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Out of the shadows steps a figure wreathed in wisps of trailing darkness. He observes the victorious army as they depart, his expression inscrutable.

After some time he nods to himself, whispers to the departing figures "We shall meet again..." and slips back into the shadows, silent as the night that birthed him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41

3,451 to 3,468 of 3,468 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.