Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

Three groups of gaijin approach the Son of the Heavens, ruler of the Empire of Mists, in his palace in far Lanzhu. A great war is underway in the west, this is known, but what could these strangers want?


251 to 300 of 3,467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

@San Pen: A copyist comes up and prepares to take your dictation. His handwriting is very fine; crisp and elegant and clear. He is skilled.

@Azami: There is a clatter and crash and the figure in the alley starts to run away from you. Whoever it is they appear to be very clumsy. Daveth you see and hear all of this.

@Imuri: There are three tall, slim, horribly beautiful women standing around the dragon; each one is heavily armed and armored and has mighty onyx wings that stretch some 10 feet out from their shoulders. (You can make a K(Planes) check to see what you know about them, if you wish.) They all regard you as cats regard a slow brown mouse, their steps precise but langurous. Several humans, all of low bearing and manner, their heads shaved and spiked collars on their necks, are attending to the dragon. They do not look up at you from their duties. The dragon, however, his body the size of a small hill and his head the size of a house, he looks at you, his eyes glowing a sickly green and some terrible acidic fluid bubbling in his dreadful maw. He makes a low growling noise and snorts once. One of the winged women addresses you. "What to do you wish, warrior? You are garbed in a manner I find pleasing but I know not if I will be pleased by your manners. Speak! What brings you here? What brings you so near?"


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

intent:
Intend to run up and grab the person trying to run away. Agile half plate allows full running speed of 4x

Figuring this would be the result of her declaration, Azami makes the decision to make pursuit after the fellow; perhaps there is something he saw, or he is one of the burakumin that remained behind. Either way, she will get this observer's story, if she must wring it out of them.


repeats his story to the copyist

One copy is to go only to the Honorred Inspectorr. The otherr I shall take with me.

To the Inspector:
The Samurrai who interrrupted the ambush was actually Shoto Imurri in disguise. Methinks he spends too much time playacting- but his hearrt seems in the rright place.

Now I must away to the palace- It wouldn't do to be late forr prreparrations. Perrhaps the prress of events will let us play Go soon, Honorred Inspectorr.

takes his copy with him


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

Knowledge (planes)1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Knowledge (religion))1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Knowledge (nobility))1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Imuri approaches closer so long as he remains in plain sight and the winged women nor dragon take a more defensive posture. He stops at that point, or short of it, if possible.

I bring greetings from mighty Clan Shoto. I am Shoto Imuri, of the Broken Promise dojo. Here he gesutres toward his carefully placed mon, a black background with a green spider on a round bed of silver webs, each strand of which is made by a curved katana.

Imuri bows slightly, as appropriate for a cautious meeting with gaijin. I am sent to offer you the hospitality of my family while you are here, and to discuss your need for allies in battle or mercantilism. I will be at your dinner with the Emperor, and I thought it wise to become familiar with your demeanor in order to fully understand the need that brings you here.

The samurai looks left and right, as if to assure himself no one nearby can overhear his conversation with the gaijin. In reality, he looks to see whether the gaijin slaves are armed, and to evalute how they seem to be treated. He checks the dragon's stance, and makes himself aware of places to flee to should the black-glad party dare to attack him unprovoked.

Imuri turns to look at the dragon, then at the winged woman who spoke. In our land, such a majestic creature is autonomous, and rife with spiritual portents. I must ask, is this mighty dragon an ally or a conscripted servant? Looking at the dragon again, Imuri searches its eyes for signs of sentience and malevolence. Do you deign to speak to the mortals that you visit here? Do you or your entourage require anything for comfort?

Diplomacy1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26+any bonus for looking sinister : }

Sense Motive1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


@Azami: You charge after the clumsily running figure and overtake him easily. He keeps looking back as you rush in and he trips over some detritus in the alley, causing him to come crashing to the ground, knocking over a couple big wooden trash barrels. As you approach, katana at the ready, you see that lying there on the cobbles, half-covered in filth, is the lame and Dumb man that originally led Kyras into the courtyard before he was jumped by the burakumin. He looks up at you terrified, his eyes rolling and mouth working wordlessly but not soundlessly. Pitiful, high squeaks and watery gurgles are all that he can manage as he holds his hands in front of himself, trying to ward you off.

Around his wrist is a small leather thong tied in a simple knot. On it is inscribed a name and an address: "Xun Rui Bao, 14 Western Crane's Neck, Market Ring." It is not particularly far from here, but it is a little out of your way on the quickest route back to the palace.


Tokine watchs the thief fall, dismayed. Sadly,"Dear...so much violence today..." Then steeling herself for what still is before her. "But Izumi paid a price I was not going to allow to be wasted."

"Naradil, thank you for you assistance again. Come, let us retrieve this one and see about trying to explain the day's events to the authorities."

Tokine will want to see if the thief is still alive (stabilizing him if possible) and retrieving any objects the thief stole and securing them in her satchel.


@Imuri: Now that you are up close, you recognize the winged women as Furies, Erinyes, powerful hunter/killers from the Infernal plane. They are pursuers and torturers, and are lethal enemies. Just one of these devils could be enough to beat even so skilled a samurai as yourself. To stand before three of them is...quite dangerous. Or daring. The Erinyes, while not nobility per se, are highly regarded in the ranks of devils and often serve either as independent assassin/torturers, or officers.

The three array themselves in a rough semi-circle before you but make no move into any kind of fighting position. Bemused smiles play across their lips as you speak, and while they bow in the manner of one of superior rank to yourself, they do not do so mockingly. They appear to simply assume rank. The same one that spoke before speaks to you again: "Imuri-san, we know of your family, and are most interested in discussing alliances with yourself and noble parents. How may it be that such a meeting could come to pass?" Despite the sinister air about her person, the fury appears to be sincere. She is making no effort to conceal her gaze as she looks over your armor and weaponry, or at least what she can see of each, and her face holds an expression of grudging respect.

The slaves, who are all but naked, clad only in simple black pants, and appear completely in thrall to the dragon and devils around them finish washing the dragon's scales and grovel backwards until they have returned to the door leading to their quarters. Looking into the dragon's eyes you see a deeply malevolent intelligence; a mind capable of tremendous deviousness and scheming machinations. When it speaks, however, its voice is smooth and pleasant and seems to be coming from the back of your own head. "Mmmmmmy commmmmfortsss arrre wellll seeeen to, nnnnnoble Immmuri-san. I thaaaaank youuu. Theeeese devilssss and I arrre alllliesss, bllack drrragonsss calll no-onnnee massster."


Tokine Nagano wrote:


"Naradil, thank you for you assistance again. Come, let us retrieve this one and see about trying to explain the day's events to the authorities."[/b]

Tokine will want to see if the thief is still alive (stabilizing him if possible) and retrieving any objects the thief stole and securing them in her satchel.

The thief is 200 feet away and on a roof, I'll need a DC20 K(Local) or DC20 Survival to get to him, or you can just go across rooftops which will require two DC15 Acrobatics checks. Also, Naradil has arrows nocked and pointed at the gendarmes, if you want him to not shoot I'm going to need a DC20 Diplomacy or Intimidate check, or a spell, or whatever you think will work best.


@San Pen: The Inspector smiles at you and shakes your hand. "Dear friend, thank you for all of this information. We will see what my men say when they return. I will inform you of what I find at the dinner and reception tonight."

On your way back to the palace, you see three giant black birds, each with a wingspan of 10' or more, and a massive black dragon fly down behind the walls. This is not anything new to you; you have seen these gaijin come and go each day since they arrived, but their arrivals and departures still always catch your eye.

When you get to your room, there is a scroll on your writing table, tied up with a red ribbon and bearing a red wax seal, and the most exquisite emerald you have ever seen in your life is next to it, a treat even finer than the one you were given this morning. Your bellies start to rumble a little at even just seeing such a scrumptious stone.


inspect scroll, while eyeing (and eyeing and eyeing) gem


@San Pen:
The scroll's calligraphy is so perfect your breath is taken momentarily away when you unroll it before you even have a chance to read a single word. After taking a moment to appreciate the crisp forcefulness of the lines, whose clarity and dynamism expertly impart a sense of...of...relaxed urgency if such a thing were possible, after considering them, you read the scroll, which is written in flawless Ignan.

Listen to them all for the next three nights.
Then come to the mountains north of the city on the fourth night.
Stonegard desires an audience.


Tokine sprints to Naradil's side, "Please, that is not needed." She says in a very gentle voice. "You and your friends have defended my Temple admirably. The authorities pose no threat to you. Allow me to descend and explain...my job will be easier if I do not have to explain why you mistakenly shot them when you were only here to help...So please, allow me to facilitate, it is what I do." She lays a gentle hand on his shoulder, to see that he relaxes the bow.

Diplomacy->/1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

Tokine then calls out the the officers below(only drawing attention once the bow has been relaxed), that she is coming down there to explain and that the two warriors there have helped defend the temple.

She then glances to see if she can judge whose roof the thief is on.

K(local)->1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Before quickly moving for the stairs.


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

The black and green clad samurai does not bother to bristle at the pretentions of the erinyes. Gaijin often presume higher station because they have that station at home.

Looking back to the dragon, and suppressing the thrill of addressing a being of such potence, Imuri drops his head slightly again - showing respect but not acknowledging their opinion of his rank. Great One, if you require anything, I have little doubt that you have loyal attendants or can fend for yourself. However, if whim strikes you, you may rely on me for conversation, for entertainment, or for a game of shogi. I would be interested in learning one of your foreign games of strategy.

As he returns his gaze to the devil, he respectfully appreciates her tone and appearance. The city houses of the Shoto are surrounded by every means of entertainment and distraction. If you care to have afternoon tea before our engagement tomorrow, I will be pleased to show you a most careful balance between business and pleasure. No guest of the Shoto ever complains.

Sense Motive1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Diplomacy1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

He searches the woman's expression. If a charming samurai were to come calling, how would you prefer your afternoon meal, and on whom would he call for a candid meeting?


@Tokine: Naradil gives you a sidelong look, then lowers his bow.

DC20 Perception check:
"This is for you, Rhon; you owe me one." he mutters under his breath.

"Okay, ma'am. ...Okay." Placing the arrows back in his quiver, he hangs off the roof and jumps to the ground. His landing is ungraceful but solid.

Peering ahead a few blocks you're able to see where the would-be thief's body is lying, and can mark it for later retrieval.

At your hailing the gendarmes look up at you. "Madame curator! Sifu San Pen has told Inspector Cho there was trouble here. Are you in danger? Can we help?"


Hey guys, sorry for dropping from the face of the earth for a few days. I've been doped up on medication for about four days, and barely conscious for most of that time. Hooray for painkillers and a rebellious body. Anyway, I'm back, so assuming Kyras hasn't been killed, let me catch up, and I'll jump right back in. Cheers.

DM DRA:

If there's anything particular I need to know (that isn't in a post), drop me a line, yeah?


"We have been brutally attacked by those now lying in the street. Please do not accost these three here as they are in my debt for selflessly defending our temple from armed attackers. Two more ronin are subdued inside and another is on the green tiled roof of that building over there. That one up there, I believe, has stolen from us, so take care with his possessions. ..I will be right down."

Tokine takes the stairs, preferring a more dignified approach to dealings with the authorities.

Perception->1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Kyras Erodel wrote:

Hey guys, sorry for dropping from the face of the earth for a few days. I've been doped up on medication for about four days, and barely conscious for most of that time. Hooray for painkillers and a rebellious body. Anyway, I'm back, so assuming Kyras hasn't been killed, let me catch up, and I'll jump right back in. Cheers.

Yay! You're back! I was worried about you, man, glad you're alright. Kyras is fine, I DMPC'd him for a round or two and then things have moved on from there, but your plot pretty much awaits you.


Male Half-Human, Half-Erinyes Burglar Lv4, Skirmisher Lv2

Daveth raises an eyebrow as he watches Azami make a sudden dash at the man in the shadows impressed with the ease that she manages to catch him Daveth slowly approaches Azami and the man in order to see what the guy had been up to. "Pretty sure he was just checking out what was going on." Daveth says offhandedly as he watches the man fearfully attempt to protect himself from Azami.

Good to see your back Kyras :D


@Tokine: "Yes Madame Curator! We await your arrival." As you walk through the temple, you pass the giant bloodstain where Izumi had been laying, and can hear muffled sobs from within the office where Rai and Jinn are with her. The two ronin are still bound and laying on the floor, both appear to be unconscious but alive.

Stepping outside, you see the three gaijin have stowed their weapons and are just standing there, arms crossed. When you come out, Gwen steps forward and hands you something. It is a piece of cloth not dissimilar to a samurai's mon, or a similar showing of allegiance to a house or dojo. "Take this." she says, her face still utterly unsmiling. She is probably well in her 30s but has no crow's feet at all around her eyes, none of the beautiful laugh lines that form on the face of those who've laughed well and often and lived lives full of beauty and broad experience. "Keep it and remember it during tomorrow night's dinner at the palace." She gives you a significant look and steps back. "We have to be going." She intones. "We still need to find our friend."

Two of the police inspectors have rushed off up the block to fetch the thief felled by Naradil's lethal marksmanship.


@Daveth: As you're standing there watching this poor fellow practically soil himself in fear of Azami's imposing martial presence, something catches your eye back toward the center of the city; three dark figures, looking like giant birds with wings black as jet, are flying down to land in one of the palace courtyards.

Furies.


Male Half-Human, Half-Erinyes Burglar Lv4, Skirmisher Lv2

Daveth quickly looks to the sky as he catches sight of the three figures in the sky with a slight groan he turns away from Azami and the poor man who had caught her ire. "Why are there so many of them here..." Daveth says to himself as he watches the three figures fly towards the palace courtyards. Frowning slightly at that Daveth lets out a sigh before turning his head towards Azami. "Not sure if your actually part of this citys defense or not but I just spotted three more of the 'yokai' headed towards the palace. I'm personally gonna head that way to check it out, I don't usually like trusting general authority but this might be something you should look into if you are apart of this city's law enforcement." Daveth said before beginning to head in the same direction as the furies, hopefully 'yokai' was what people here called devils as he'd just assumed that it was since Azami had referred to the Erinyes by that name. With any luck she would make her way to the palace as well or at the very least not hinder his attempt to go there as Daveth had no clue how strict the palace was with it's security as he'd all but completely avoided the place in his entire time in this place.


So I'm in the apartments, and I lack my invitation, right?


Kyras Erodel wrote:
So I'm in the apartments, and I lack my invitation, right?

I just had you go in the door, yeah. You know that Azami has the invitation. Feel free to retcon things and say you're in the alley with Azami and Daveth right now if you want. I was going on the basis of your Rage subsiding, leaving you a little Fatigued.


Tokine takes the mon and bows deeply. Naradil, Gwen, and...mighty warrior-san, pardons but I did not get your name." Toline blushes slightly at the faux pas off thanking a man and being in his debt, yet not knowing his name.

Looking at each in turn as she states, "You have our many thanks for this day and we are in your debt."

As they turn to leave, she poses, "You mentioned this friend earlier. You were to meet him here? At our Temple?...He had matters to attend here? And do you have more friends here in town that might have met him here?..."


Kyras had followed the others into the alleyway, his legs barely holding him up. His face looked haggard, like he hadn't slept for days, and his eyes blinked slowly. It was almost like he wasn't fully there. But when he saw the guide, he stood to his full height, and spoke to the woman who had aided him in the courtyard.

"Hold!" He exclaimed, his blade forgotten and still in his hand, covered in blood and ichor. "He is harmless. He brought me to this place on the orders of his master, who was helping me. He is not in league with the fury."


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Her eyes flick up to where Daveth indicates; grim determination sets in her jaw at the sight of the Furies landing at the palace. "They come with the entourage of the western black dragons, I believe." But they should not be at the palace now.

In response to Kyras' order to hold, Azami raises her katana from her side to point at him, briefly glaring before returning her attention to the dumb man. She grasps the wrist with the leather thong and holds it before the whimpering man. "This, this is you? Xun Rui Bao? Is it your master?" She watches him for nods or shakes of his head, before turning her attention to Daveth and Kyras.

And it suddenly occurs to her that both of these individuals are gaijin also. Is it a sign, a portent of come importance? Her hand releases the wrist of the lame man, lightly kicking at him with the side of her foot to emphasize that he should scurry away.

She pulls off her helm, still holding her katana towards Kyras. "That lame man brought you to the Yokai, who wants you for her own and set these burakumin upon you. Likely his master is in league with them." Her voice lowers to a growl, "I am surprised you do not burn his flesh away, since the surrendered boy you slaughtered was also just following orders, obviously a pawn of the Yokai. The Fury," she adds, glancing at Daveth. "Why do they want you? And why are demons inviting you to an event at the Palace?"


@Imuri: The dragon makes a long growling noise deep in its throat. "This one pleases me." The three furies say nothing but spread out a couple steps and advance. They are barely 40' away at this point. The one in the center is smiling as she says "You do not call on the Furies, charming swordsman; we call on you. We will be at your family's City House tomorrow at midday. We would meet with your parents, especially your noble father. He...interests us."

It is obvious to you that they have ambitions beyond an alliance with Clan Shoto, though what those ambitions may be you cannot divine.


@Tokine: Gwen shakes her head. "You owe us nothing. I have sanctified this battle-site in the name of Our Lord in Iron, and it was good to get a feel for Empire steel, even if wielded by a bunch of incompetents. Helps us do our job better. Just make sure you hire some guards; I do not believe for a second this is the last attack you will see." The last of the three, a giant female half-orc, holds out her hand. "I'm Fezza." You spy three tiny pink ribbons tied in three of her braids, much to your surprise. She then turns to start walking away with Gwen and Naradil. As they depart, Gwen turns to answer your question. "We'll just find him at his inn. It's honestly better for all of us if you don't know who he is. He can be...overly-sensitive about situations like this."


@Azami: Terrified by your stormy glare, the lame, Dumb man begins to cry and blubber. "blu-bloo-a-blooooooooooo!!" He says; "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" After your kick, he scrambles to his feet, still wailing as he runs away as fast as his mismatched legs will carry him.

DC20 Perception, Azami only:
He rolled with your kick like a Master. Even if you had kicked him for real, intending to hurt, you would have done no damage.


@DRA:
The scroll "in flawless Ignan" says

"Listen to them all for the next three nights.
Then come to the mountains north of the city on the fourth night.
Stonegard desires an audience."

Do I know who Stonegard is? Relevant knowledge 15 + 1d20 ⇒ 15 + (5) = 20


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Perception roll--c'mon..
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Her gaze turns back to the lame man, considering; a muscle twitches in the tension of her jaw. Xun Rui Bao, 14 Western Crane's Neck, Market Ring she echoes in her mind, deciding to stop there on the way back to the Palace.


If you preview your post, the dice roller will work and keep the result even if you make changes in the post. (ie. comment on the result)

That way, you don't have to do an edit.

Sorry if this is wasted advice.


"Officer, can you send a request to Inspector Cho for a suitable list of honorable guards that we may contract for additional security here, we respect his wisdom in such a decision, as I fear she is right and more attacks may come. If some of your men can stay till arrangements are made, it would be greatly appreciated."

ooc:
Wasn't clear on this. From what Tokine saw, is Izumi dead?


Tokine:
I've purposely been coy about it. Tokine will have to go find out for herself, I'm afraid...

San Pen:
Although you can't recall anything specific about him, you know that Stonegard is one of the Three Great Red Dragons, all thousands and thousands of years old and unthinkably colossal in size. You know that another one of the The Three is called Felltouch, but you cannot remember the name of the third.


@Tokine: The policemen nod and two of them take off at an even clip, running back to the precinct house to make the request on your behalf.


@Daveth: Are you taking off to the palace? It wasn't clear to me if you were doing that or waiting for Azami to leave...


Male Half-Human, Half-Erinyes Burglar Lv4, Skirmisher Lv2

@DRA Not quite yet, originally he was starting to make his way away from Azami and Kyras but after Azami's post he's going to linger a bit.

Daveth blinked a few times as what Azami said began to register with him, the Erinyes came with black dragons? Well.. that would definitely pose a problem he was rather confident that he could take out at least one Erinyes if he managed to get the drop on her and originally he'd just been planning to watch the group that had gone the the palace and wait until he found the Erinyes who he'd 'fought' but now that plan was beginning to look like a rather poor endeavor if it turned out that there was any sort of black dragon at the palace and from Azami's words they hadn't just come with a single black dragon. "Wait a minute, you seem exceptionally calm about this, are they supposed to be here or something?" Daveth asked as he quickly turned back towards Azami and Kyras and began moving back towards them mostly indifferent to Azami's conversation with Kyras.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Her attention is drawn back to Daveth, to whom she affords a withering expression. "The Furies are with the Black Dragonflight, one gaijin entourage of three seeking audience with the Emperor. Tomorrow night the Black Dragonflight is scheduled present themselves to Him. Their elegant elven queen, black dragons, these furies and orcs-- have quarters at the palace, as is customary for those seeking audience," she says, with a grim tone. "That their winged Yokai cause trouble in the streets of His City is distressing, but not surprising to me. They are very well-armoured," she adds, sotto voce.

Azami focuses on Daveth. "Why do you seek them? They want this man--calling him Dragonborn as he spits acid from his hands, just as it drips from the jaws of the black dragons they have with them. And led here by a master posing as a lame man.

"I warn both of you, it is folly to consider causing trouble tomorrow night. The best of the Palace Guard shall be present."


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

I am pleased to host you, noble warriors, and I have heard great things about the marvelous courtesy. I will hope to see that courtesy in action at my parents' estate. How many should I tell them to expect?

All is well, Imuri, he thinks to himself. A samurai is prepared to die at any time. If they are polite tomorrow, you'll hear them, if they are not, you'll hear their case for its merits aside from their rudeness.

He awaits their response before bowing shallowly and turning his back to them.


Kyras rubbed a hand over his face, as if trying to wipe the weariness away with his hands. "I...did not mean to kill the boy. But what I do while the Dragon is awake is hard to direct. It is not something a I call lightly, but once unleashed, it must be allowed burn out. I take no pleasure in the carnage I wrought, I can assure you of that." He said, his tone apologetic as a cleaned and sheathed his blade.

"And as for the moniker 'Dragonborn', it is accurate enough, I guess. If you could not already tell by the scales on my body and the powers I wield, the blood of dragons flows in my veins." He explained, his form shimmering back to that of a unarmored and cloaked man.
"I did not come to the Empire looking for trouble. I have been...away, and I have come for my sister. Although by the reckoning of that devil-spawn, she may not be where I expect. And I assume they have invited me to the palace in order to recruit me. An offer that I have no intention of accepting." His tone was assuring - there was no guile in his voice or bearing.

Bluff Check ->1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

DC26 Sense Motive:
He's not 100% on the level. What he has said is true, but he hasn't told the full story.

"If it please you, I would like the invitation she left for me, and then I must continue my search. And if you decide that this shell of a man, or his master were involved in the ambush, please, inform me?" He asked her, a winning smile crossing his face. "I am at the Golden Dragon. If I need to make a statement to the watch, leave me a message there?" Kyras held out his hand for the invitation, fully expecting her to hand over the invite.


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

I wish to try that again.

I am pleased to host you, noble warriors, and I have heard great things about the marvelous courtesy of your benefactor. I will hope to see that courtesy in effect at my parents' estate. How many should I tell them to expect?

All is well, Imuri, he thinks to himself. A samurai is prepared to die at any time. If they are polite tomorrow, you'll hear them, if they are not, you'll hear their case for its merits aside from their rudeness.

He awaits their response before bowing shallowly and turning his back to them.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Sense Motive check:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Destruction in the heat of battle she could understand. Was she not but moments from cutting Kyras down? She lowers her katana, resheathing it with an air of finality; the tension in her jaw and shoulders relaxes, causing her body to remind her --rather pointedly--of the wounds and loss of blood.

However, once he smiles as a courtier might, Azami grows uncomfortable. If you are not accepting the recruitment, then why would you need the invitation to the Palace? And I am not obliged to notify you of what comes of my inquiries. I should think you would wish to investigate yourself, seeing as the lame man is feigning his incapacity. You have been tricked.


@Imuri: The same Fury that has been speaking all along fires off a short, sharp laugh. "Yes. We shall be as courteous as alwa-" but she is cut off as the dragon speaks up. It is no longer attempting to be quiet, and its normal voice is a hissing roar of despair and evil. The smell of sulfur and algae-choked ponds fills the air. "SILENCE! MAN OF SHOTO, YOU WILL ENTERTAIN A PERSONAGE NO LESS THAN MYSELF. THESE HARPIES WILL NOT COME, BUT AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE WILL MEET ME THERE. HE IS A NATIVE OF THIS LAND, AN ONI OF GREAT POWER NAMED SARU-UTSU. THOUGH OF LOW BIRTH, HE IS A FINE GUEST. I TRUST THIS IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU."


Male Half-Human, Half-Erinyes Burglar Lv4, Skirmisher Lv2
Azami Ito wrote:
Azami focuses on Daveth. "Why do you seek them? They want this man--calling him Dragonborn as he spits acid from his hands, just as it drips from the jaws of the black dragons they have with them. And led here by a master posing as a lame man.

"I told you already, one of them attacked me and that's why I'm after her." Daveth says seeming a bit agitated at being asked why he is after them again. With an annoyed sigh Daveth begins thinking over how best to go about this, with them all being guests at the palace it would be incredibly foolish so go in there do do anything, even simply going to try and get a bit more information on what connection his mother had to this 'black dragon flight' would be incredibly difficult as evidently this group is fairly sizable.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

DC18 Sense Motive:
Daveth is pretty obviously not being completely truthful about his motives for seeking out the Fury/Yokai/Erinyes though it is true that at least partially he is seeking her out because of the fight.


@Tokine: The officer who went to check on the last thief, the one that almost got away, returns. She is holding a rather plain scroll case, which she hands to you upon arrival. "Nagano-sama, the thief is dead, which is strange as his wounds were not serious enough I would have thought such a thing could happen. But it is true. He is dead and already his body is somewhat desiccated. It is a most dreadful sight. None of his weapons or other possessions were noteworthy, I didn't find, but he had this on his person." Here she indicates the scroll case. On one end is a stylized drawing of a plum blossom, rather finely executed for all its simplicity, you find, and on the other is a symbol you have not encountered before; a slumbering crescent moon, surrounded by seven stars. The scroll case does not appear to be magical at all. If you cast Detect Magic, you find it has no aura. This is just a mundane item.


@Daveth, @Azami, @Kyras: The mists in the courtyard begin to swirl as a cool wind picks up, blowing down the alley. The breeze picks the mists up and seems to push them around the cobblestones for a moment, then it dissipates, leaving the curling and twisting vapors arranged in an odd constellation-like pattern for a moment. Just as quickly as this happens, though, the mists fade back into their customary ground cover, twisting gently over the street.

There is a smell of plums and blood.


@San Pen: while walking through the palace, ruminating upon your new summons, you notice that many different floral arrangements are being set up all over the main ballroom in advance of the reception. There is bustle and hustle everywhere around you, though, and you are about to simply continue on your way when something catches your eye; one of the bouquets is a very artful arrangement of plum blossoms, with a moonstone in the middle, sitting in the soil.

DC15 Perception:
There are seven of these bouquets, arranged around the room. It is the only arrangement of which there are mulitiple identical versions around the room.


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

That is what I wanted, thinks Imuri to himself as he surveys the fading expression of arrogance on the Fury's face.

He looks quickly to the black dragon, giving it the attention it commands. The Shoto family is honored to receive your company tomorrow, great one. Surely, I am fortunate to have asked for the only time available in your schedule, and you are kind to give that time to us. He bows, a tiny bit lower, to encourage courtly behavior. Until tomorrow, then.

A hundred things to do fill Imuri's mind. He rejects the impulse to look at the center Fury again, turns his back to walk calmly away, and exits the palace grounds. A clear sign to the gaijin that they alone were worth the Shoto's time here, today.

So tomorrow, he muses, we will determine whether the dragon acts as a better courier in command of the 'harpies', or whether he engages in the guise of commanding officer. Nothing is certain yet, except that the Furies are barbaric in speech.

DRA-sama

Spoiler:
And now you get a really long post about how Clan Shoto is prepared for everything. : }


"Thank you for retrieving this." Tokine will take the tube and insert it into her satchel and then proffer the mon, although they have seen it also ."Is this familiar to you?" She will go on to describe their leader who fled.

"I thank you for your assistance and continued presence, but I have to go put this temple in order. I will be inside if you have further questions. Please let the Inspector know that I will anticipate the results of your investigation."

She will bow to those present and then move purposefully into the temple. Inside its walls, she will run to her quarters to find the status of Izumi.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Sense Motive on Daveth

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Azami raises a brow at Daveth, and then glances to Kyras. She straightens to a more formal stance, her hand returning to the hilt of her katana. "As both of you have been the victims of attack by the visiting gaijin emmissaries, I must insist by order of law of the Emperor, and as a keeper of His City, that both of you come with me now back to the Palace. A report must be made of the Black Dragonflight's disturbance of the peace.

"On our way back to the Palace, we will investigate the address of Xun Rui Bao, 14 Western Crane's Neck, Market Ring, so that you," she nods to Kyras,"may identify the lame man and his master, and we may gather further detail into their connection with the Black Dragonflight emmissaries to provide for the report. It is there that it will be determined whether you may accept this invitation to the events at the Palace tomorrow night."

To both of them, she states firmly,"If there is conspiracy here, the Emperor shall know of it. You will come with me peacefully, and I will ensure that no harm comes to you."

The swirl of the mists only seems to harden her resolve, although she does not hide the widening of her eyes at the mysterious shape the mists form.

251 to 300 of 3,467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.