Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

Three groups of gaijin approach the Son of the Heavens, ruler of the Empire of Mists, in his palace in far Lanzhu. A great war is underway in the west, this is known, but what could these strangers want?


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,468 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Waiting to see if Kyras/Tokine/Azami wish to add anything. If not, I'll hustle things along...


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

I do, but I need some spare time.


No worries! I know you're workin' on things for class right now; it gives Azami and Tokine time to reply as well.


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

Kyras sizes up the snakefolk offering him a chance for a moment that seems longer than it is, trying to decide if he can trust him while sliding the metal disc from the Telestari into his pocket. "It's not like I've got a lot of choices. Tell Azami that I'm going to my least favorite place in the city, the one place they wouldn't think to look for me. She'll know what I mean." He takes a few tentative steps towards freedom, temporary as it might be, while sliding a magical veil over his person. His copper skin turns pale and his hair turns short and black, while his ears turn rounded. After a moment, Kyras is gone in appearance, replaced by a fairly nondescript citizen of the Empire.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Kyras looks around for a way out that doesn't involve trying to bluff his way past a legendary warrior intent on killing him. His eyes watch for any magical auras that might mask an escape route. He eyes the light coming between the slats of whatever strange room they are in and decides to take a leap of faith (or desperation). He rushes towards the wall with all his might, intent on bursting through and escaping. It may be his only route to freedom and to the one place that he desperately doesn't want to go to. He has little choice, though.

To the Gossamer Palace.


Kyras crashes through the slats of whatever weird tiny space it is he's stuck in and bursts out into a dimly-lit back hallway of some kind. The smells of various foods hang heavy in the air. Getting quickly to his feet, the Warbanian takes off down the hall and quickly finds a door leading out, blasting past a couple of startled busboys and a cook who were gossiping between shifts.

Back in the secret passage, which is now suddenly much less secret, Illuminata hears the crash and curses under her breath. "Why do I have a feeling that was my man making a break for it. May the Master trip him up on his way, I just want to talk! Honestly!"

The wry smile on Captain Citanu's face is obvious in her tone of voice; "Talk. Of course, General. Talk."

The two Lesothans squeeze along as fast as they can, but it's slow and uncomfortable inching along through the crawlspace. Finally, they burst forward into a small room, no more than 10'x10' and with a low ceiling. There is a big hole in one wall and a passage continuing on. Chu is in the room, but Kyras is not. The voices of confused citizens can clearly be heard in the corridor outside the hole.

General Vittoria looks at Chu; "Which way did he go, Advisor? Did he really bash through the wall and run for it, or is that just a diversion to keep us from following him down this passage here?"

I'm not gonna assume Tokine and Azami followed directly behind, I'll wait for them to let me know one way or t'other...

Shadow Lodge

Chu watched Kyras go without another word. Watching impassively as Kyras crashed through the wall and arched a a single scaled eyebrow at the sizable hole he left behind. When the western Gaijan arrived Chu shook his head. "He indeed made this hole, but where he goes now you won't be able to catch up. Your armor will drag you down and these streets will slow you further as you do not know them."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Chu bows slightly, his scaled hands clasped within the folds of his robe as he speaks. "I must apologize but I can pursue him no further, this place is unknown to the people and it would be dishonorable to allow someone to become lost in this place. Once I have taken care of this I will present the matter to the police and see that he is found. You have my deepest sympathies for Na-Calnon's passing, I had heard many great things about him and hoped to have met him one day. But I must now ask you to please return to your companions and continue to where you were staying in the city."

He bowed deeper when he mentioned Na-Calnon and then rose stiffly as he waited for their response, hoping they would go no further.

If he has time he will try and get someone on the street to summon the police, just stating this action early bossman~ ;)


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Levers on the wall beside her go unacknowledged past their presence.

Azami starts at the crashing sound, but is unable to move anywhere past the people in front of her; the general curses and the adviser speaks, but she's already turning around to see if she can exit back onto the street the way she entered.


"Azami wait. Look. Levers...Just like under the temple." The tip of her glaive lights up as Tokine heads into the small alcove. "They might open this place up."

Casts Light for Azami's benefit. Then examines this end of the tunnel and the red light and levers

Perception -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

She turns back to look at the levers, muttering "If I recall, the last time such a place 'opened up' was not an enjoyable experience." Something about her tone seems to indicate humor, despite its dryness. She squints at the addition of light; her gaze turns towards where they believe Kyras escaped - as if she could see more - but then back to the levers.

"If the public does not know about these places, it might not be wise to open more up and draw attention."

Shadow Lodge

Is Chu aware of your prescence Azami or are you still trying to avoid detection? :) just wondering ;)


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Avoid detection? Azami? She just doesn't want to open a large portal to the undercity right on the street where anyone could get in...or anything could be let out. She's making no effort to hide at all.

Right now, as I see it, Azami is near the end of a line of people filling the small space as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------
Escaped Kyras--Chu----Vittoria/Citanu---Tokine--Azami |small opening|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shadow Lodge

Bump/Waiting on DRA's response before I add another post :/ Thanks for the clarification Azami! :D I thought you were trying to stealth your way out.


There is an awkward silence after Chu's response as Tokine and then finally Azami make their way into the tiny and cramped little room. Looking at the hole in the thin wall, where restaurant personnel are already gathering, the General sighs. "Well, we only came here because of the Calling from the Imperial Dragons, but they appear to have departed north, and we're evidently not supposed to follow. That's what Val tells me, anyway." She gives a dubious look around. "Where are we, anyway?" She asks, though the question is under her breath and not really directed at anyone. She and the Captain step out of the crawlspace and into the corridor that Kyras just ran down a few moments ago. She looks back in at the three of you. "This is probably a better way out. Lilitine and I are heading back to the street. We have...much to do. Any of you coming with?"


@Kyras: It appears you are not being followed. After sprinting through the narrow alleys of the near restaurant district you find yourself in the wider boulevards of the market district, which you know abuts the city house district, where the Gossamer Palace sits. You have a scare when some police walk by, but they pay you no mind.

Are you trying to be stealthy as you make your way along, or just barging straight ahead as fast as possible, or some combination of the two?


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

Clearly these are not just the mere children I assumed them to be, Khangzhi realizes silently. Very well then, he growls and moves directly for the 'child' attempting to cast.

Grapple (does not provoke AOO): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21


@Wei: You easily grapple the spellcaster, who squeaks in pain as you grab his tiny wrists.
Concentration Check: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
Though he struggles mightily, the youngster cannot break free and his spell fizzles. He sure is strong for such a pipsqueak. The girl, meanwhile, leans in and slashes at you with her short sword.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
You are able to dodge neatly aside as the blade whistles just past your leg.

DC27 Perception:
As you struggle with these two, you realize they are not children at all, but carefully and cleverly disguised halflings.

Your move!


Tokine comes into the small room and looks around..."No Kyras then?...troubling..." She perhaps was going to say more but the somber faces around her give her pause.

In answer to the Genreral, "The City holds many such passages beneath the streets. Many are ancient and some are brand new. They often function to the needs of the City. If we are being denied passage, it would seem the City has plans for Kyras...or the Telestari knows how to manipulate the tunnels...that was a Telestari right?"

She starts heading back up the tunnel to the street, telling the citizens there is nothing to see, but a message should be sent to the precinct house to let them know this wall is in need of repair.


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

Does Kyras even have a Stealth modifier? I'm not sure what this 'subtlety' thing is.

Bluff 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Disguise 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Stealth
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Kyras walks through the city as nonchalantly as he can for someone hunted by several of the world's greatest warriors and who just accidentally un-made an ancient, powerful force for good. As much as he longs to soar in the air, it is much safer for him to wrap himself in his disguise and avoid attention as best he can. He takes as direct a path as he can to the Gossamer Palace. If anyone is following him, he'd probably be knee-deep in their acid-drenched bodies by now, so he avoids the hassle of doubling back and sneaking through alleyways. He keeps his mouth shut, thinking to himself as he walks. Fortunately, the voice of the Dragon does not speak back. Utter, blissful silence other than his own running thoughts. 'Hopefully Azami won't kill me on sight for what happened. She defended me there when it happened, but that might just be to make sure that she's the only one that can. Or she might have changed her mind. Women.'

Bluff 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

With no one paying him any attention, he makes his way easily to the Gossamer Palace. He raps on the door of the eerie compound that he visited just the this morning. 'Or was it yesterday? The days are running together. I need some sleep.' Kyras reflects on the thin bridges, wispy in their construction, that connect the various buildings inside. While they were constructed to resemble a spider's webs, as he was told, he finds them more akin to razor wire. A functionary arrives in response to his knock, though he was likely spotted by a dozen ninjas hiding along the walls as he walked up. When the servant inquires as to his purpose, he bows low and tries his best to seem like a fellow servant. "I apologize profusely for arriving unannounced. I am a servant of Baslav Meriko, a recent acquaintance of the magnificent and humbling Shoto Imuri. My master sends me to deliver a message to the great and generous Shoto Imuri, should he grant me a mere moment to deliver it personally."

Shadow Lodge

Chu seeing Azami and Tokine enter the room nods to the pair of them. "Guardswoman Azami, I need your help. Please summon the police so we can quickly seal this place back up." As he spoke he connected with her mind once more. {Go to his least favorite place in the city, the one place they wouldn't think to look for him.} he says nothing more then that keeping his words and thoughts at the same length of time to avoid easy detection from delvers.

He regards the Gaijan once more and nods at their offer. "I would accompany you once this place is guarded but until then I must remain here."


@Kyras: The Shoto functionary, a handsome young underclass boy whose insouciant good looks may well be his ticket out of Service, listens to your introduction. His face betrays no emotion aside from a look of focused attention on you, The Guest. When you finish, he bows deeply. "It will be my honor to present you to My Lord. Please, follow me." The boy walks carefully into the Shoto city house, leading through a short entrance, then a sharp left turn, and just a couple doors down a hall. He moves the paper door aside and beckons you into a receiving room.

"May I provide refreshments while you await attention, Messenger-san?"


@Chu, @Tokine, @Azami: The three of you gather outside on the street. Now that the brief chase after Kyras and Deilaavenaada is over, the two Lesothans are left to deal with their grief over the loss of their friend. Both are clearly quite upset, but remain stoic and focused. After a brief conference, they decide it would be best to head back to the palace to regroup before preparing for the dinner tonight.

General Vittoria turns to Azami before she and her captain leave; "You're quick, Mambani lass, and focused. But you're also ronin, yes? We should talk. Will you be at the state dinner tonight?"


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

A grin crosses Khangzhi as he sees through the two halflings disguise. Clever attempt my friends, but I have seen better. This may yet go my way. With a strange glint in his eye, Khangzhi slams his forhead directly into the halfling's nose.

Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
Unarmed Damage (nonlethal): 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Current AC: 25 (after class features and grapple mods applied)


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Azami bites back her response to Chu's order to summon police as the serpentman's voice crashes into her thoughts again. She can only nod at him with a half dazed stoic expression before she joins the others in the street.

She's trying to discern just what secret message Kyras is trying to give her when the general speaks. To her. With compliments. Azami nods, and then realizes she should perhaps use her voice. "Yes--I am expected at the event this evening." It is her full intention to be there, to see this part through, even if she was discharged from the palace guard less than two hours ago. That is, if she can find Kyras.

Kyras. It is hard to imagine that the gold dragon is gone - as though a mountain had been wiped from existence as well as every painting and poem, a haunting ghost in the minds of the people. Azami manages a short bow (some amalgamation of western and eastern styles caused by sudden uncertainty of how to address the general), stating, "I am grieved for our--your loss, General, Captain."

If neither have anything further to say, Azami will nod curtly to everyone and walk away into the city towards her own least favorite place of these two days. The kumihimo ties of her armor still creak with wetness from the rain they stood in, waiting for the spider to descend.


@Azami: Vittoria fixes you with her flashing obsidian eyes and her gaze is a weighty mantle, like a thing of substance and matter settling on the crown of your head. Her face, however, is inscrutable. "Thank you for your well-wishes, Mambani. Since you'll be at the dinner, if you could, you should meet me in the north garden before the...event begins." She gives you an appraising look, then, her eyes traveling slowly over you from head to foot. It is not a lecherous or greedy gaze, but that of an experienced officer taking the measure of a soldier. In the end she nods and gives you a small, conspiratorial smile.

The general and the captain then re-mount their draconic steeds, and Illuminata addresses you all; "Friends, I...I wish things had not occurred as they did. I very much look forward to speaking with you all at the state dinner tonight. Na-Calanon had something he wanted to tell all of you. He felt you were important. Now we may never know why, but if we talk it through, perhaps we can find out what his...what his last..." She closes her eyes and tears suddenly run down her cheeks. She barks out a single syllable and the dragons lift off, back towards the palace.

Shadow Lodge

Chu watches them go and shakes his head mumbling to himself. "Simply marvelous, war, abominations and possession coming into the fold... Whats next a typhoon? Plague perhaps?" He regarded Azami coolly, not allowing his rising temper to get the best of him. "Since you are the late Generals Palace Guard that means you are not mine to command, so I won't hold you to it Guardswoman Azami. If I understand correctly you have to meet with your new commander soon for new orders yes? Then I won't hold you any longer, good luck in finding Kyras and..." He holds a hand up clearly indicating he doesn't want to know. "Don't tell me where your going, I've skirted the truth enough this day."[

Note of Clarification: Chu hasn't been to the Palace nor knows anything about Azami position being terminated. Or If he does then I misunderstood the posts, but Chu hasn't been near nor received any news from the palace in awhile now~


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Got it! Guess Chu will certainly find out soon.

@Vittoria, etc: Azami feels every ounce of that gaze added to the squared breadth of her shoulders. That the general's emotions break through at the end finds Azami with her throat tightening as she is left to stand with the Adviser.

@Chu: She swallows that lump, eyeing the Loyal Shadow. His litany of half orders confirms that she just does not understand these serpentfolk people, nor the intentions of political players. And Chu was a mix of both.

"At the palace, then."

Azami glances up at the sky, then back to the Adviser, her tone bland save for a dry note. "End of the world--add that to your list."


@Wei: Some kind of look passes between the two "children", and the girl takes off out the door at a full run. The boy, whom you have grappled, relaxes. "Looks like you got me, noble opponent. I am no match for your great strength. I surrender to your mercy." He hangs his head in shame.

Girl withdraws; double-move out the door (60ft.). Boy ceases to struggle. Your move!

Shadow Lodge

Chu looks distracted for a moment then looks at Azami, he didn't know if her comment was mean't to be sly or something else entirely. He looked to the sky then, suddenly missing the rain and storm as he mumbled. "Ending it is too simple. Oh... And tell him to get the glass from out of the street. Please." He nodded to her one final time. Suffering always drags on and, when you beg to die, they make sure you can't... He moves out of the tunnel asking some of the more burly looking citizens to make sure no one enters the passage as he seeks out the police.

Short version if needed DRA:

If your in a hurry to move thigns along ;)

Chu seeks out the police and gives them orders to keep the place sealed

He then heads to the palace and finds whoever is to keep records of such passages and reports it to them.

From there I will wait for your magnificent posts or just tell me we have time to move about prior to the dinner. ;)


Tokine will walk with Azami. What had been a glorious ride out of her Temple, leaves her sad and walking in the rain.

"It is true, there was much to discuss. The Imperial dragons grew out of my koi pond. They said they answered the call but I did not get a chance to learn who called or what the call consisted of....but I was also summoned here but Advsior Cujitsuna at the sighting of the Telestrari. My exposure to it was so limited, was it here looking for Kyras? Somehow that make sense, or was Kyras just here at the wrong time?"


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

"It is here for Kyras. He is the Gate of Destruction. It's something important for the time coming. Azami makes an effort not to march through the city towards the Gossamer palace with the Curator at her side. "The dragons came out of your pond?"


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

Bluff 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Kyras does his best show of bowing and scraping, with an emphasis on the relative equality of their stations. While he's not precisely sure of the protocol, he delivers all the ceremonial politeness with enough confidence to hide the fact that this is foreign (and ridiculous) to him. He accepts (with proper protestation) the offer of refreshments while he waits for Shoto Imuri and prepares for the verbal sparring that is surely to come.


@Kyras: You are left waiting for an annoyingly long time. It seems likely this is done on purpose, since it's apparently impossible for anyone in this city to do anything without a dozen layers of meaning behind it, but you're devoted to your course of action, and stay in place. The tea they bring you is rather tastier than the others you've had; it's almost reminiscent of the humic and strong klah of your homeland; a bracing and energizing hot beverage that is much like super-strong coffee and which originates in the south but is far more popular in the cold and damp northwest, for obvious reasons.

After a goodly amount of tea and some solid food, the door opens and a different man walks softly, calmly in. He carries no weapon and wears simple but elegant clothes, like a gentleman or noble. His eyes are a piercing blue and his hair is pure white, like snow or crane feathers. Indeed there is something rather bird-like about him with his aquiline nose and bright eyes and elegant walk.

This man folds his legs up under him in lotus position and pours himself a cup of tea. Without looking at you, he says "You are no servant." as he pours. He takes a moment to savor the aroma of the hot beverage then takes a delicate, perfect sip. He smiles gently and fixes his piercing blue eyes on you. His manner is calm and his smile is genuine. "Why are you here, Erodal-san?"


@Chu: The next hour or so passes quickly; the police establish a perimeter as per your instructions, looking askance at the magnifying glass laying in the street but knowing better than to say anything or approach it.

At the palace, you report the opening of the portal in the rock. The functionary keeping track of these kinds of things ask you; "Very good, master, it is noted. Please, how was this portal opened?"


@Azami and @Tokine: As you walk to the Gossamer Palace, you see the clouds begin to fill back in. Rain cannot be far behind. It is barely the afternoon, and there are hours until the dinner. As you pass a side street, a voice whispers raspily; "miladies. a moment of your time, please." A hooded figure materializes out of the shadows.

Ghar.


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

Kyras lets the disguise slip away as the illusion magic dissipates. Illusions do not come naturally to him (unlike fire), so it is a relief to have that bit of arcane concentration restored to him. He tries not to let this new person throw him. "Can't a gaijin make an impromptu social call on his dear friend?" He abruptly chuckles. "I wish I had a good explanation, but I need Shoto Imuri's help. I know he's the kind of man to appreciate a good opportunity, such as this. I can only assume that you are here in his stead? You got a name? Maybe a title, so I can know the appropriate level of deference?"


@Kyras: The man smiles more broadly and makes a dismissive gesture. "Deference! Pah! Let us speak plainly, as two men. You come to the Shoto for help, you say. This is interesting. Shoto Imuri is, regrettably, occupied at the moment and cannot speak with you, but I am certain I may be of assistance." He takes another drink and contemplates the bean-paste dumplings on the serving tray. He then makes eye contact again, his bright blue eyes very observant.

"My name is Shoto Situbo. I am Imuri's father. Now tell me; why do you seek the help of the spider?"


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Miladies? The very oddness of being called that- even while walking with the Curator who certainly deserves such a title -draws her attention.

"Mm?" It's one of the soulless elf's companions, and her instinctual movement towards her blade is curbed.

Shadow Lodge

DM Downrightamazed wrote:

@Chu: The next hour or so passes quickly; the police establish a perimeter as per your instructions, looking askance at the magnifying glass laying in the street but knowing better than to say anything or approach it.

At the palace, you report the opening of the portal in the rock. The functionary keeping track of these kinds of things ask you; "Very good, master, it is noted. Please, how was this portal opened?"

Also police for the hole in the wall ;)but *handwave* :D

Chu nods to the functionary. "There is an entrance at street level and then the hole was created by a fugitive escaping custody. It is however under control." Giving detailed directions to the street level entrance and the hole in the wall. If the functionary has no other questions he moves on to leaving a message for the Emperor. He heads to the meeting room that has keys too the one that he first met with the Shoto and Curator in only two nights before. He left the message very simple and hoped for a reply in someway.

The Message:

I have much to discuss with you, some of importance and some having to do with the my task.

Your humble servant.


@Chu: For a moment the functionary looks like he is going to question you, but he seems to think better of it and instead simply says. "A fugitive. Very good, honorable master." He bows deeply.

You then move on and leave your message for the emperor in one of the many appointed spots the two of you have agreed upon. It is impossible to tell when the Son of the Heavens will reply. All you can do now is wait.

Next move is up to you...


@Azami and @Tokine: Ghar looks from one of you to the other. You cannot see his eyes, but the slight movements of his head indicate where he is looking. "The two of you have befriended Rhon. Are you going to rescue him?"


"That is my intent. I was awaiting word that you and your companions were recovered and ready...but things have happening at a rapid pace. What word do you bring?"

What time of day is it? And what time are we expected at the palace?


At this point it's early afternoon; 2:00 or so. You're expected at the palace at six, though guests don't officially start arriving until 8:00. You need to set things up, etc.


Tokine looks about as if there was an off chance she might see someone she knows besides Azami. "Bah...My allies were mostly together but a short while ago, but events have scattered us. If you are ready, give me some time to reassemble those I can and we will meet you at your Inn. Is that acceptable?

She runs through her mind, Advisor Chu is likely still at the scene of the Incident. Kyras has gone missing, but perhaps Young Shoto's connections may know of his hiding place. The Advisor had said Kyras goes to his least favorite place...the Palace? Where he was attacked by the Hound?... she whispers to Azami, "You spent more time with him. Where is Kyras' least favorite place? I can't see him fleeing to the Palace."


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

"It was my understanding that the expedition will occur this evening?" she asks Ghar. Azami does not yet know what tonight will bring, and as much as she would like to help the elf, she doesn't know what force will push them about next.

Azami nods at Tokine's suggested plan. When she asks where Kyras would be, the guardswoman turns and looks towards the turrets of the Gossamer Palace.

"That's the last place I'd want to be."


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

Kyras takes a moment to absorb the identity of his host. While the last few days have brought him face-to-face to the Emperor, the regent's station did not bother him. However, despite the seeming casual friendliness of Shoto Situbo, Kyras knows full well that any man who would bring up a son like Imuri would be a very dangerous man. It is not the station, but rather the danger, of the lord of this palace that unnerves him.

Then again, he did just get possessed by an evil dragon god, then use an ancient, evil artifact to destroy an ancient, powerful dragon. Such an experience puts things in context.

Many lies come to Kyras's tongue, but he is too tired to think of one. "Well, I might be in a bit of trouble. It seems that I might be wanted for murder. I didn't do it, per se, but that doesn't mean I'm not being hunted. However, the Emperor gave me some pretty specific instructions that would be rather curtailed should I get arrested and forced into a fancy execution ceremony. Imuri spoke pretty highly on your family doing what is right for the Empire, and I don't think it's any great secret that you're all rather talenting in hiding people and secrets."


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

Khangzhi lets out a frustrated hiss as the other halfling escapes, and then glares at the one he holds. "Mercy? I suppose I must grant you that, as honor requires."

Trying my own dice for this...

Releasing grapple.

Flurry of blows + Power Attack:
(14) + 9 = 23
(13) + 9 = 22
(19) + 4 = 23
I'm guessing these will connect... so damage.

Damage (nonlethal)
(8) + 15 = 23
(4) + 15 = 19
(4) + 15 = 19
Total = 61 (+13 from last round)
If that doesn't knock out a halfing caster, then I need new dice.

The Nagaji monk pauses briefly and sighs, releasing his opponent. Continuing in a fluid motion, he drives his knee into the halflings stomach, following up with a chop to the neck and finally an elbow blow to the skull. "But it will be the mercy of the dragon and the mountain."

Shadow Lodge

Chu quickly moved on to doing something more useful, writing in a journal that he kept tucked away in his quarters. Outlining the occurrences of the day so that he didn't forget them easily. He wouldn't report the incident of the Shugenja, not until he had a word with the Emperor. If Azami had been assigned to Kyras then it was only right, as a loyal servant, to start from the Emperor and work his way down from there.

Chu's Journal writing and plans:
He had a difficult time contemplating how he present this all to the Emperor. Reporting Azami's difficulty in restraining Kyra's though weighed heavily on him, he had skirted with the Gaijin, he could not do so with the Emperor. How could he explain it? Was it even his place too?

Top that with his failure in finding anything more on San Pen's whereabouts other then the distant Tranquil Peaks and a meeting with Stonegard... It easily looked like he had been treading water and doing nothing of use these last three days, just prompting failure after glorious failure.

He turned to a simple list. It always brought him balance and eased his thoughts. Especially when he was troubled.
1. Report to Emperor -> Shugenja about Kyras?
1a. what to do with Abomination in street -> Kyras?
2. Attend dinner -> Tell Gaijin of progress in capturing said fugitive -> Ease relations? Highly improbable.
3. Leave for Tranquil Peaks tonight -> Meet with Stonegard?

3a. See Sama before leaving. Get smacked upside of head with Pan. Likely.
3b. Tell Azami of Lady Daiyu's offer?

With that he closed his journal and tucked it back in its usual place, a fake drawer bottom in his desk allowed for an easy hiding place, once he had it locked away securely. He rose and collected his gear, laying it out on his bed in an orderly fashion. All was ready for his departure.

Pulling on his cleanest set of robes he sets off for the library, content to spend the next few hours studying everything he can about the coming Confluence, Kalaroth's Clock and the other information revealed to them in the Telestari paintings in the hopes that some of his questions would be answered. Entering the restricted section he sits down in a musty chair and focuses mainly on the Confluence that was supposedly coming. I must understand, so that I may be prepared...

K-Arcana - Facts, Legends about The Confluence 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
K-History - Same as above. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


@Wei: The halfling crumples to the ground, unconscious. Lifen's husband stares at you agog, his jaw has dropped at your display of martial skill.

out of turn-based combat, act as you will...


@Tokine and @Azami: Remember, Ghar wasn't there when you spoke with Gwen and Naradil; they lost him in the tunnels and just assumed he'd pop up somewhere eventually. Looks like they were right.

The shadowy elf grunts. "I know nothing of evening or afternoon. I have freed myself from the cancerous labyrinth underneath this city and obtained certain items I believe I will need to save Rhon. I do not think the Syndicates will destroy him immediately, but I also don't believe he is enjoying his captivity. Hence, I leave forthwith. Meet me in the park in an hour if you're with me. Otherwise I go in alone."


@Kyras: Situbo-san sets his tea down just as smoothly and elegantly as if you were discussing the weather, and not murder and death and crime. Somehow you aren't surprised by this.

"Murder! Well, as you say, Kyras-san, that is a matter for the police, and we have a fine police force in this city. The Empire is strong, and if our humble House can contribute to that strength, then we are honored." He gives a strange little bow to no one. "Now! As you say, the Shoto have many interests, and always serve our Empire and our Emperor well. He has given you instructions? What would these instructions be? If I can know the task set before you, we may have a loophole for you."

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,468 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.