Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

Three groups of gaijin approach the Son of the Heavens, ruler of the Empire of Mists, in his palace in far Lanzhu. A great war is underway in the west, this is known, but what could these strangers want?


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,468 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

@Chu and @Azami: Deilaavenaada stands up and watches Kyras transform and then lift off. "...whhhhat...what is he doing?" The Telestari asks, clearly baffled. "...drrragons are nnnot our concern!"


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

K. Local 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Reflex 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Welcome to the DANGAH ZONE!

I'll have to post the action after I get home from work. Just wanted to roll the dice to see what happened. I am pleased.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

spending a hero point before the roll, making my acrobatics jump +7 instead of -1 in agile half plate armour

Jump: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Azami doesn't wait a moment. She jerks away from Chu and Deilaavenaada, awkwardly running a few feet before she leaps to reach for the dragonborn's ankle...and missing.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

She catches herself enough to not fall from the poorly planned swipe, calling out with a touch of desperation threading into her rough tone, "Kyras!"


Tokine is in awe of the offer. She bows deeply and then straightens and throws her arms wide. "Great Lord Na-Calanon, you offer an honor beyond measure. How does a mortal answer when allowed to touch the Sun? The desire is in me, to ask, am I worthy of such honor? But I know the answer..no mortal is worthy of taking that choice. So instead I must defer to my role as priestess of this humble temple. These three Imperial Dragons are guests of my temple and had already agreed to take me toward friends in need, and a visitor to the city from a lost age. I do not wish to offer them slight by spurning their previous offer. I feel tied to them until I learn the reasons behind their materialization within my koi pond. Shelyn must have conspired with them the means and reason to arrive in such a manner, so that I feel compelled to serve her will. So my Lord Na-Calanon, I look forward to someday earning such a privilege from you as we join forces in the face of oncoming trouble. But today, I most graciously and humbly defer on your offer. The honor to fly in a flight with you shall be as close as I fly to the Sun this day."

Shadow Lodge

Chu looks at Kyras with alarm, betraying this only with the sudden dilation of his reptilian eyes, as Kyras suddenly transforms right in front of him. When It takes flight his alarm fades and is replaced by his usual calm confidence. His scaled hands began to heat up as he focuses on gathering the Ki needed for an attack. "Do you know what he plans to do Azami? Shall I stop him?"


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Azami curses, eyes closing and hands lifting into armored fists; she wants nothing more than to slam her shaking, adrenalin-fueled fury into one of these walls until there's nothing left of either the wall or her anger.

The Captain sentenced--

her honor challenged by her dismissal--

the possibility of the Emperor as her enemy--

tea with Imuri--

losing the Captain's assassin, who may be Yohei--

and now losing Kyras--

...Chu's words finally get through the red haze of her internal frustrated litany, her eyes clicking open.

"No." She strides back to the two of them, willing her anger into stony-faced distance. "Whatever moves him now is beyond our ability to stop."

Turning to Deilaavenaada, "Must you have the Gate," she calls Kyras, as saying his name seems more than she can manage without breaking her tentative hold on this anger, "or can you tell the Adviser here what you must share? I doubt I would understand it." She may yet chase after that fool in the sky, if this blue being does not need her.


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

Khangzhi thinks to himself briefly, Such a simple trick. Few alive know that I was once the Mad Naga's bodyguard, and not merely some eccentric animal keeper in a swamp. In a fluid motion that belies his physical bulk, Khangzhi dashes out the doorway, grins at the assailant who had hoped to suprise the Nagaji monk and without a pause in his motion slams a massive backhand swing into his temple.

Move: To just outside the door in striking position of the enemy waiting there. Don't know the distance, but I doubt it exceeds 50 ft.

Standard: Stunning fist attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Well, if that doesn't connect, I'll be fairly disheartened.
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 And the target is stunned until the beginning of my next turn unless he makes a DC 19 Fort save

Shadow Lodge

Chu throws his voice, making sure it hears him. "Know this creature, harm him and I will find a way to expunge you from his being. Mark my words well." He shakes his hands, casting loose sparks to the earth as he dispersed the Ki he had collected.

His face never changes, firm and neutral, the only indication of a change in his stance was the dilation of his eyes."Even Gods can be stopped Azami, there is always a way we only must find it. I did not know of this... Curse he bears and will take great interest in alleviating him of it if I can." He didn't speak down to Azami, he sounded more like a teacher. He'd never speak down to the woman, he had a solid respect for her morals and conviction. "Of Course I will listen to whatever Deilaavenaada has to say, but perhaps Kyras is the key to all this and without the key the door remains barred to us..." He turned to face the pair now, the Telestari that intrigued him and the Samurai that proved more interesting by the day.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Azami's arches a brow, some of her anger leaking away in surprise at Chu's dramatic yelling at the speck that Kyras has become in the sky; she steps back to avoid the sparks that loose from his reptilian hand.

Her expression turns tired as the Adviser lectures her, bristling at his sermonic response to her decision.

She leans carefully into the serpentman's space, her voice low and even.

"Chujitsuna Kage, I know that you are adviser to the Emperor himself and I nothing but a dismissed guard that briefly had the honor of service in his palace. Therefore, it is with respect that I suggest that you know little of curses, or Kyras Erodal, if you think you have any power to unmake his nature."

She straightens, leaving Chu's personal space space, turning away from him towards the Telestari to await an answer - clearly done with this conversation. Firmly, she adds, with the weight of an oft-repeated personal aphorism, "We must all face our own monsters.”

Azami is waiting for the Telestari answer her question, to decide whether she stays here and listens, or heads off after Kyras.


@Azami and @Chu: The Telestari looks from one of you to the other. "...nothinggg is beyond my ability to stop." it hisses, and takes off at a loping run after Kyras.

Regardless of whether you follow Deilaavenaada or not, you can see/hear all that is about to take place...


@Tokine and @Kyras: Both Illuminata and Lilitine break into huge grins. "Madame Curator," Captain Citanu chuckles admiringly, "your tongue is a golden bird. Why have you not come more often to Lesotho? A treasure such as yourself would be welcomed grandly in our city."

The general nods in agreement. "It is true, Nagano-san. But come, we can discuss such things at a later time, perhaps over tea, or at the dinner at the palace tonight. For now, we must find out what it is the Great Ones have come for, and why our friends here were Called as well, though I fear I know parts of the answer. Let's ride!"

At her urging, Na-Calanon lifts up and dismisses his magic, letting his enormous wings out and coasting along slowly. The Imperial dragons pick up you and the still-terrified citizen, while the Lesothans once again mount the silver dragons they flew in on. All of you begin to fly north, low over the town, amazing and frightening the citizens in turn.

You have not gone but a short distance when you encounter another flying figure, headed straight for you. In a voice both loud and unseemly, this muscular, winged humanoid addresses one particular member of your group: "NA-CALANON! You great, flying gecko! To what terrible end, to what inglorious folly are you leading the poor humans now?! Have you lived so long that your early infamy is faded in the collective of mortal memory? Need I make it now my mission to remind them?!"

Down in the streets, running towards you all at a steady clip, is an extremely tall, thin...man?...dressed entirely in a rich midnight blue, looking exactly like the Telestari figures in the paintings. Exactly. A ways further back, you think you recognize Advisor Kage and Azami Ito.

As you get closer -- the twelve of you facing off against the one flying man -- you recognize this person. It is Kyras. But that voice is not Kyras. That voice is...

"Kalaroth." Intones the ancient gold dragon. "I'd wondered where and when you would show up. Your people wreak havoc in the Land. I know what you're after, but you will not return. Your time is done. We will defeat them -- and you -- as we will defeat Veriala."

DC22 Perception, for anyone:
General Vittoria's right hand is slowly, smoothly reaching for the short bow holstered in her saddle. Arrows fletched with red-wing blackbird feathers, woodpecker feathers, and some with cardinal feathers dangle in her reach. Arrows of the Enhathladi elves...

Captain Citanu leans over to you and whispers; "Nagano-san, who is this fool? He's signing his own death warrant right here and now!"


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

The moment the Telestari heads off after Kyras, Azami follows.
Perc 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
can Azami reasonably see that perc action if she's running up? I assume she didn't hear what kyras or Na-Calanon said unless you say she can.


Sheepishly Tokine leans toward the Captain but does not take her eyes off the man...this Kalaroth. In a lost, quizzical voice, "That, I believe,...that is my bodyguard."


@Wei: You burst out of the door and smack the first assailant you see. Your blow clearly hurts the person, but does not have the desired effect of stunning them completely. You hear a quick step behind you and turn to notice that another one has come up behind you. Both assume a ki-strike stance and attempt the same maneuver you just did; the Stunning Fist. You see their clumsy attack coming a mile away, though, and easily block both punches.

You cannot tell what age, race, or gender these attackers are; both are dressed in flowing black garments and their faces are covered.

DM rolls:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Initiative Order:
Attackers: 20
Swift: 18
Wei: 17

Round 1, Initiative 20 - Attackers
Ones in back move into the position that are on the map
I6 DC19 Fort save1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
I6 Attacks you with Stunning Fist - 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
I8 Attacks you with Stunning Fist - 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Round 1, Initiative 18 - Swift
MA - to R8
Ready Action - strike whomever comes through the door

Map is here. Might have to click on the "Healer's House" tab/link.
You are up, fight!


It takes a moment for Tokine to come to her senses. She leans forward and calls out, "Can we get closer? Na-Calanon must here me."

As her escort drift closer to the confrontation, Tokine calls out, a shaking in her voice, "Lord Na-Calanon. Please hear me. I do not know this Kalaroth, but it seems to live in the human form of a man under my protection. Kyras. This man was Kyras, a noble warrior and friend, except when this creature comes forth. I had hoped...no, I know he is dangerous as this creature, but if there is a way to spare the man in this coming struggle, I would beg it of you."

Shadow Lodge

Ventriolquism allows him to throw his voice, it wouldn't have been a yell but I forgot to add that in my post for some reason. No more posting when I am tired. >.>;

Azami's even tones were lost on Chu who watched her indifferently as she spoke. His opinion of her remained unchanged as she was speaking out of anger at her inability to help her friend. As she pulled away he said nothing, not wishing to anger her further, and watched them go, once they were a ways off he bowed his head and in that moment his walls came tumbling down he was vulnerable and lost.

Chu's ramblings:
"I never said I would expunge it. Am I so arrogant in there eyes? A fool?"

He looked to the sky regretting what he planned to do next, Sky Dragons, Gold Dragons and newcomers to the land of Mists. So Much to see and learn and he would miss it, sorely. With the last of his Ki he renewed his armor, raising his walls and returning to himself.

He had spent too much time entertaining the empty idea he could be of help. He wasn't one of them and wouldn't be, there was a barrier he could not understand and he only made things worse. The Emperor had given him a task and he had failed thus far to discover even a speck of San Pen without help. He started following Azami, exerting as much energy as he could to catch up and help one last time.

DRA:
I'm going to spend a Hero Point for a hint as to what to do in the San Pen investigation. I'm going to try and review the old posts of info he has found thus far. But between work and my home life i've been having very little time as of late to do deep thinking. I will try though and I remind you good sir that you are good at spinning webs of fun in very direction with such detail it baffels us lesser mortals. Glad to have you back. :)


Kalaroth laughs with a deep and menacing rumble. "You thought you were so clever, brother, when you betrayed me. You BETRAYED me! You betrayed your kind! You all thought that you were clever, shattering my consciousness into a thousand pieces and leaving my body floating out there. Each shard of my mind went into one of my children, and I have so many now. Thousands upon thousands with a little piece of Kalaroth in them, each generation giving me more eyes to look out of and more mouths to speak out of. Most of them are just tools, means to an end, to be discarded when I reunite my mind with my body. You think you know my plans? Imagine having thousands of years to plan. All I needed was an opportunity, one that this fool gave me when he left his mind open to me for three decades." The scales on his skin begin changing colors from red to green, white, blue, and black, then back to red. They shimmer with light as he begins to drip acid and fire from his claws.

Kalaroth turns to Tokine, their eyes meeting for a moment. His gaze fills her with a moment of trepidation, like looking at a small part of a great serpent sliding underneath a boat in a choppy sea. "Noble Kyras? I watched through his eyes as he slew his friends for love. I felt the enjoyment he took not two days ago when we melted a surrendered enemy. I have been in him his entire life, though he could not always hear my whispers as clearly as he does now." He turns his terrible gaze over to the General. "Smite him down if you want. I've got thousands more bodies throughout the Land. It doesn't matter to me if this one falls, though him being the Gate of Destruction means that it might matter to you."


@Tokine: Lilitine quizzically arches one perfect eyebrow. "Bodyguard? Why would-" She cuts herself off, then speaks to Illuminata; "General, Nagano-san knows this one, and is associated with him."

Without taking her eye off Kyras, General Vittoria speaks to you. "Madame Curator, the words he speaks tell me he is no friend. Is there something you can do to...calm him? If not, I will. I believe this right here may be the first of many threats the portents gathered us here to deal with." She has nocked an arrow and taken aim at the hovering Kyras, who holds himself aloft with powerful beats of his wings.

The arrow has three rows of Mourning Dove feathers for fletching.

DC15 Knowledge(Local):
This is an Enhathladi sleep arrow, the top tier of such ammunition; they come at three strength levels, and this is the highest. It is quite powerful. As far as you know, it will hurt, but won't kill.


Azami Ito wrote:

The moment the Telestari heads off after Kyras, Azami follows.

Perc 1d20+10
can Azami reasonably see that perc action if she's running up? I assume she didn't hear what kyras or Na-Calanon said unless you say she can.

Yup! You're close enough to hear/see what's going on.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Standing far below this display, Azami's eyes widen, hearing the voice using Kyras throat to insult and accuse the most ancient gold dragon known to mortals, Azami's childhood hero -General Vittoria- as well as the Curator and several silver dragons.

The curse muttered under her breath comes out more resigned than angry, too astonished and too inconsequential in the face of all that happening above her. She turns to Chu who arrives at her side, her expression incredulous. Realizing the blue guy is here too, she gestures to both of them, and then tilts her red head back to stare up again. "I take it back. You have my blessing to expunge that monster from him."

She pulls her bow from her back and nocks an arrow; inside she knows there's likely nothing she can do and her heart pounds, wondering if she is forsaking her path. But dammit if she hasn't dreamed of a red dragon inviting her to tea, and dammit if she didn't share tea with him this morning. For a moment, she closes her eyes, imagining the sunburst in the darkness behind her lids.

K(Local)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

The grey eyes click open, and sees the arrow the General has - exactly what she would have chosen if any were in her quiver. With the intention of creating a distraction to assist the General's shot, Azami steps forward and calls out. "Kalaroth!" Azami challenges, aiming her shot right at Kyras' throat--where that terrible voice sources. "You can't have him unless you kill me first."

Challenge issued to Kyras/Kalaroth


As Deilaavenaada makes its way down the street, Captain Citanu sees him and shouts a warning. "Telestari! Hold! We have this in hand, we do not need your assistance...yet."

The tall blue alien vaults neatly up onto a rooftop not 50' from Kyras and the dragons. "...he mussst...come with me...it is...it is time." He directs this mostly at Na-Calanon, but it's clearly meant for all of you. The creatures' voice is insistent and gruff, there is not even the slightest hint of pleading.

Lilitine draws her bow, as well, also nocking an Enhathladi arrow. She points it at the blue-clad Telestari, who does not flinch. "Stand down, Telestari."

Lines, it would appear, are being drawn.

DC17 Sense Motive:
Captain Lilitine Citanu's hands are steady as rock as she aims her arrow at the Telestari, but it is clear from the hard line of her jaw that she is terrified.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Na-Calanon shifts his great bulk in the air and once again casts Fly magic so he can hover with no effort. "Kalaroth, we are not brothers, and you know it. We share no blood, and what heritage we may share is lost in the ancient recesses of the dark abyss of time." The ancient dragon's voice is steady, but weary. "You will not return. The Great Red Dragons, your three champions, have all but abandoned you, with only Frostbane and her petty army of White miscreants heeding the call. You know this. You cannot even speak with Stonegard, and Felltouch has abandoned you in favor of her own agenda. You have nothing. Even if Khoda is raised, even if the timing is right...you will not return. Now release your control on this mortal, lest I show you what I have learned in the centuries since last we spoke...brother."

With that last "brother" twin gouts of flame blast forth from Na-Calanon's nostrils, and he sneers, showing fangs as tall as a Warbanian Shieldmaster.


@Chu only:
No worries, my friend. ^_^ Basically, the last thing you'd learned was that San Pen went to seek an audience with Stonegard, one of the Three Great Red dragons, who lives in the mountains that border Enhathlad, several days' travel to the north, and whose presence there has been known for centuries and casts a constant dark shadow in the back of everyone's minds.


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

BServants sweep into Bethany's holding cell, bowing humbly and removing the plates of fruit, adding pillows to increase Imuri's comfort, and leaving just as quickly. The son of the Shoto considers the last, cryptic message of the gaijin. So it is decided. I will trade you for the Sera noble and leave you to your plans. The message will be conveyed to the Son of Heaven, and I will attempt to dissuade your brother from moving beloe the city to rescue you. Is there any message you would have me give him so he will llisten?


Kalaroth, in the body of Kyras Erodel, barks out another laugh at Na-Calanon. "You think you know of my plans? You think me dangerous now? This body houses just one minor fragment of my spirit, as do all of my children. You know NOTHING, brother! You used to be magnificent, but now you are a shadow. You think you know your power, but I see your weakness." To illustrate his point and taking advantage of the distraction between the General and the Telestari, he swoops down closer to Azami.

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"Have it your way!" With his words, a great gout of flame emerges from his draconic maw. Kalaroth prepares to spit it out at Azami and Chujitsuna, who will be engulfed in flames if Na-Calanon's example is any predictor.

Shadow Lodge

DRA:

Thats what I thought but I wasn't sure if it was the right time to head off on such a journey on his own. But With my last notes that was the only path left to take, head to the tranquil peaks and speak with Stonegard...

Hopefully he doesn't burn me to a crisp... >.>;

Sense Motive 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Initiative 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

"No time!" Without second thought Chu moves to interpose himself between Azami and the coming strike from this Kalaroth as best he could, he only hoped his ancestors blood would allow him to survive what came next. He raised his hands, broadening his stance and using his height to his advantage and rapidly gathering Ki to strike back.


Illuminata uses Readied Action:
Arrow #1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41
Dragonborn DC23 Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Before anything else can happen, General Vittoria looses her arrow and drills Kyras between the shoulder blades, catching him right at an armor join and piercing his flesh. There is a moment where Kyras is simply gone, and only the face of pure hate that is Kalaroth looks at Illuminata. She stares back defiantly, already reaching for another arrow as Lilitine holds her aim on the Telestari. The Dragon fights, but in the end the dread swamp gasses of Enhathlad, secret behind these particular Sleep arrows, are too much. The mighty Warbanian passes out and falls. Deilaavenaada catches him, easily, like a falling child.

"I have him, now. We will go our way quietly. I will take counsel with you later, great gold one, and your mortal companions if necessary. I must learn what Kalaroth has to do with this, and why he was allowed so much access to this man's mind."

Na-Calanon looks uncomfortable, but Illuminata shrugs. "It's not as if we can stop him, right? Isn't that the whole point of his existence?" She then calls down to the Telestari. "Very well. Take him. But we must meet later. How will we find you?"

"I will find you." Answers Deilaavenaada.


Before the Telestari can leave, the Lesothans both take note of Azami and Chu. The general asks after them. "You there, Serpentfolk. Warrior. You are both caparisoned as palace employees. What brings you here? Why were you both so ready to suffer or die in what was about to happen?" She asks these questions not unkindly, but as an officer looking to have as thorough an understanding as possible of just what, exactly, she was dealing with. She is looking at Azami, now, and only Azami, her flashing obsidian eyes unwavering and intense.


Shoto Imuri wrote:
" Is there any message you would have me give him so he will llisten?"

Bethany bows politely. "Thank you, Lord Shoto, for that offer. But I fear there is nothing I could tell him that would actually hear. We are, after all, both Warbanian, and as such known for our stubbornness. No, he will have to learn things the hard way, I suppose, as he always has. As we both have."

Outside, the rain slows, then stops. You hear muted gasps of wonder outside.

Shadow Lodge

DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Before the Telestari can leave, the Lesothans both take note of Azami and Chu. The general asks after them. "You there, Serpentfolk. Warrior. You are both caparisoned as palace employees. What brings you here? Why were you both so ready to suffer or die in what was about to happen?" She asks these questions not unkindly, but as an officer looking to have as thorough an understanding as possible of just what, exactly, she was dealing with. She is looking at Azami, now, and only Azami, her flashing obsidian eyes unwavering and intense.

Chu lowers his hands and places them within his robes before bowing slightly to the General. In the bright light of day his golden scales shine brightly and as he stands fully once more he speaks. His voice calm and confident. "Kage Chujitsuna, Adviser to the Son of the Heavens the Emperor of the Land of Mists. I live to serve the citizens of the Empire from lowest to highest, it is however a great honor to meet you all."

He tried to keep the Telestari within line of sight as he waited to excuse himself politely but the situation was still much to tense to merely brush off these newcomers. It wouldn't be right to simply walk away either.


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

Not getting the right map, or a tab... Don't need for this round anyway tho...

"So uncourteous! But you are lucky, as I have much wisdom to share with both of you," Khangzhi declares to the mysterious pair.

Flurry of blows, spending 1 ki for an extra attack: Stunning fist on the new assailant, attacks 2-4 to the first one, including elemental fist (frost) on the secondary attack.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 191d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 281d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Well, I doubt that first one is a hit, but attacks 2&3 ought to be.

Damage:
1d8 + 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (8) + (2, 4) + 9 = 231d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

And if a 19 hits: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 DC19 or stunned

That leaves me 4 more stunning fist attempts today, 5 elemental fist attempts, AC 27, CMD 33, and a fort save against being stunned of +12.


OK. A bit of a Retcon due to Kyras' save, or a reprieve for my lost post.

He is in there. I know it. This is not Kyras, he is stronger than this! But her moment of doubt allows others to act.

Tokine cringes as she sees an arrow launched at the raging Warbanian. But when the arrow has no apparent effect, Tokine springs into action and yells, "Kyras! Hear Me! Take Control! You would not.....will not harm Azami!

Tokine gives her glaive a shake. A series of discordant notes ring forth ring from the bells, but Kalaroth hears a single loud bell peel. The sense of weightlessness fades and he is thrown off balance as he falls toward the ground.

Targeted Dispel Magic vs Fly dc 19 -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

As she watches him fall, she wonders if she made things worse. Azami is saved but is Kyras tough enough to survive this fall? Below she see sees the strangest of sights, a tall figure, with an appearance that suggested it had stepped directly from one her paintings. It waited below, its face raised, its eyes fixed on Kyras.


Kalaroth snaps Kyras's eyes open, still wholly in control of the volatile Warbanian. Though a god, he is a god fragmented and reliant on the strength of his unknowing thralls. Kyras may be strong, but there's no way that this body can free Kalaroth from the steely grip of the Telestari. Between the blue-hared girl's magic severing his link from the air (another flaw of not having wings) and the arrow nearly overwhelming his strength, Kalaroth's position is precarious. For most of the bodies he has the capability of exerting direct control, their loss would be acceptable. This one, though, has more potential than any of the others - and being the Gate of Destruction is vital to his own plans as well. He cannot allow Kyras to fall in the hands of the Telestari.

Still, his eyes are everywhere. Some are stronger than others in terms of what he can see, and it is difficult to focus when so many faces bear his eyes. There are some, though, that he maintains a strong focus on. With thousands of shards and all they see, Kalaroth's knowledge is unparalleled. His plans are so much more than that foolish Na-Calanon could ever suspect, his knowledge so much more vast. He recalls a recent conversation in Izmir seen by one of the shards of his mind about what happened to the tools built by Marianasu. Little did Kyras or any of the others suspect what the magnifying glass was. Bethany's research proves beyond useful at this moment. Only the disgusting professor and the Emperor seemed to have any idea, and had they known what lurked inside Kyras, they would have torn it from his hands. Had the red-haired woman not been so insistent, and Kyras not so stubborn, it would be in the hands of the snake.

With a sudden swiftness, Kalaroth reaches with Kyras's hand into his pocket and wraps the half-elf's fingers around the handle of the magnifying glass through its bizarre container. He intones the correct words in the Ancient Draconic, the tongue of his court when he ruled this world. "DARXAGAONAX AMGAX ABELAXA!" The air around them shimmers and thrums with energy as he pulls the magnifying glass out completely.

Shadow Lodge

Chu had little time to react, as he heard the ancient draconic and turned to see what this Kalaroth had pulled forth from Kyras possessions. When his eyes fell upon the simple looking magnifying glass, a part of him died. He should have been more forceful when he first saw it, but he did not want their anger. Instead he had tried to gain their trust and that had led him to this.

For the first time since he had turned on his family Chu felt sick, his scales paled and he knew that there wasn't even time for prayer. No time for regrets, he only hoped that his inhuman abilities were great enough to do something. Anything...


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Azami completely does not expect the Adviser to jump in front of her drawn bow; his height keeps her from finding a viable shot without shooting the snakeman in the back of the head - despite the sudden urge to do so. Her bowstring slackens and she steps away from behind the mage to see...

...the arrow fail to effect Kyras. The samurai steadies herself to withstand the expected gout of flame that will surely engulf both of them. But the Curator's voice rings out, followed by the dissonance of bells. The Dragonborn's body falls from the sky towards the roof where the telestari stands, who plucks him from the air as though a floating blossom falling from a tree.

She moves instinctively, rushing to ascend to that rooftop to reach them, only pausing a second when that terrifying voice speaks strange, arcane words. From her vantagepoint, she cannot see what Kalaroth or Deilaavenaada.

Shadow Lodge

Apologies there, forgot they were on a rooftop >.<; Please ignore my post above~

Chu seeing the threat for now was dealt with stood uneasily near Azami.

Will post later


Male Human, samurai caste Ninja 7, Samurai (Broken Promise) 4 (HP 32/77 AC 22, T 17, Flat 17* - F+10 R+13 W+8; Init +9; Senses:Per +15

It is essential that every samurai control his emotions and react to news with stoicism. The notion of On to any sword saint makes this practice a worthy discipline. For the Spider, On is as much as tool as an obligation. Both warriors and politicians, the Shoto famiy are masters of affecting or maintaining face. It does not escape Imuri's notice that several samuria have been cauht off guard, but Imuri does not look to the iron gate for news. Instead, he simply widens his lips in a knowing smile for the gaijin woman. As you say, Bethany Erodal-san, he is most stubborn. I shall endeavor to keep him safe once he commits to coming to your rescue. He steps backward lightly and bows, a little lower this time than before. Arrangements will be made for our exchange, and I will bring you back to the Imperial City soon.

Imuri walks outside and nods that the iron gate be shut and locked again. He knows there are more developments afoot, but he takes a brief second to reflect on the gaijin's body language. How a meeting ends is every bit as important as how it begins or endures, Yohuro-sensei would say.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Imuri surveys the scene outside the secure bungalow with the locked iron gates.


@Wei: I6 DC19 Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Your stunning fist attack pummels the attacker to your right (I6 on map), and you could swear you see him freeze as his ki is blocked, but you hear him grunt and exhale ferociously, and he keeps moving. Your next two attacks badly bludgeon the attacker on your left (I8 on map), and blood soaks his (or her) face mask.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see the two children who called Lifen away returning, sauntering along at a relaxed pace. The boy appears to be smoking a corn-cob pipe.

The attacker to your right leans in to strike again, but is overconfident, and perhaps more rattled by your Stun attack than he thought; he attempts a clumsy side kick and slips in the mud, landing flat on his back with a wet *splat*. The other attacker's lazy punches are again easily deflected.

Round 2, Initiative 20 - your attackers
I6 flurry of blows:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 - Critical Fail, attacker is now prone
I8 flurry of blows:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Hahaa, man these guys suck.

Round 2, Initiative 18 - Swift
The sounds of fighting can be heard from inside the house.

Map is here, for real this time. You'll need to click the "Healer's House" link at the top.
You are up in Round 2, fight!


@In The Streets: The Lesothans both go ash-white as they see the magnifying glass. Both urge their dragons forward as Kyras/Kalaroth spits out the strange command, but are far too slow to do anything.

There is a sudden cessation of time, and of movement, and of sound. A sucking away of all that is good from the immediate vicinity. All of you present feel as if you are floating over an endless chasm of unbeing, an abyss of shadow, where immense chthonic impossibilities ooze and crawl and lurch over one another, climbing up, always climbing up, gleaming with slime, these cackle-toothed demons float wrigglingly up at you at the rate a feather falls.

The tattoos on Kyras' leg light blazingly up, glowing through his clothes. The two paladins and all the dragons glow like tiny, sad silver beacons of hope against the infinite maw of non-creation. The telestari is invisible in the dark. Kyras' eyes alight, the magnifying glass shivers...

Kyras only:
Deep in the fabric of your very being, you hear a single word, boomed aloud: "C H O O S E" You try to think, to talk, but the Dragon is in control, completely and utterly. Na-Calanon was the last thought through Kalaroth's hateful god-mind, the last name on his (your) lips, and as such, the choice is made...

...and a beam of searing black negative energy rockets out and strikes Na-Calanon directly in the heart. The great gold dragon screams in pain as his being begins to shrink, to shrivel, to grow back, down through his millennia, he is an adult, then a child, then a hatchling, then an egg, then he is gone.

A horrid, cruel laugh escapes Kyras/Kalaroth's lips, but then something happens; the body of Kyras suddenly convulses in pain...

Kyras only:
You feel it, too, but only as a distant thing; the fragment of Kalaroth that is in you, what you knew as "The Dragon", is speared by a fragment of the abyss, a razor-spined tentacle of pure Shadow has lanced through the dragon-god's being, sparing you this fate. He is not dead, or banished, or any other such thing -- this you know -- but the pain is so intense it allows you to regain control. But as soon as you do, you are struck with a bizarre feeling; for the first time in your life, the Dragon is completely silent.

Just need to not roll a one, here: 1d20 ⇒ 19
...and Deilaavenaada acts, slapping the magnifying glass out of Kyras' hands with unerring precision. The thing sails off the roof and lands with a clang on the cobblestones below. Kyras groans and holds his head, and the abyss is gone, and all returns to normal.

Well, almost; Na-Calanon, greatest and most powerful gold dragon of this age, is gone.


The Lesothans are the first to act. They dismount their dragons and land on the rooftop, thudding against the tiles in their heavy plate armor. Both draw their swords and approach Deilaavenaada. Both look impossibly sad and impossibly angry. The blue telestari continues to hold Kyras up (Kyras is currently Staggered) and stands its ground against the approaching warriors, shielding the warbanian as best it can while it shifts its head around (the face still invisible behind that strange fencer-like mask), no doubt looking for avenues of escape. When General Illuminata Vittoria speaks, her silvery, clarion voice is a flat hiss of hatred and holy vengeance.

"MOVE! Alien! This man has MUCH to answer for and I will NOT be denied those answers."

The spidery-graceful Telestari, for his part, gently drops Kyras to the rooftop and adopts a defensive stance. It offers a simple, declarative statement in its raspy whisper as a response; "...do not...make me kill you..."

"You have none of your weapons, Blue One. I believe you are newly Awakened, and as such have none of your spells ready, either." Says Lilitine in a low voice. "We can stand against you, even one such as you, when you are in this state, and you know it. Do not make us take him by force. The Inheritor guides our blades, moreso now than ever before."


@Tokine, @Azami, @Chu: Telepathically, you hear a wily, noble voice speak to you. Looking around for the source, you see the great Imperial Dragon, his noble moustaches and fur billowing in the wind as he floats by Tokine, wiggling his furry eyebrows in communication that only you as citizens of the empire would recognize, indicating he is the one currently sending the message:

::Noble citizens, what is happening, here? Can we safely stop this? Who are these gaijin and why are they acting in this way? If you but tell me, I can assist, but I too am newly arisen, and know not the politics of this situation, and would not see another great cousin of ours, nor any of yourselves, be...destroyed...::

Shadow Lodge

I am not sure if we see the magnifying glass or not if we do, Chu would recover it and give it to Azami if she wants it. If we can't ignore the first part of the post~

He sighs heavily, trying to keep his emotions in check as he walks forward and reaches for the foul object with a cloth covering his scaled hand. After picking it up he carried it over to Azami and offered it to her first, he was hesitant but he had made enough mistakes and would not do so again. He looked to Azami his eyes cold and calculating as he presented her with the cloth wrapped abomination. "I was told once this was your responsibility, obviously he cannot be trusted with it now. It is yours if you want it."

The Imperial Dragons telepathy was soothing to Chu, a new voice in the never ending darkness of his mind. {They've lost a dear ally Great one, let us try and handle this without further bloodshed.}

Chu shakes his head at the anger and harsh words on the roof, before reaching out telepathically to those on the rooftop and the imperial dragon. Connecting to so many staggered him but didn't lessen his ability. {THAT IS ENOUGH!} His voice boomed. {Further violence will not return your ally, nor will it win you allies in the Empire of Mists. By Imperial Law WE will deal with this and you will Stand Down, this is not a request! No one else will die today, you will all put away your weapons and not pursue this further. This includes you Deilaavenaada. Now do something useful and think of a way to reverse this, for your friends sake!} He stood there then looking from face to face. Hoping that they would not continue with this line of thought.


@Chu: You bend down to pick up the Magnifying Glass, and instead nearly pull yourself face-first onto the street. You tug at it again, but still it does not give. You may as well be trying to pick up a mountain, the thing is so heavy. You are simply unable to pick it up.

From the rooftop, General Vittoria does not shout, but instead speaks just loudly enough to be clearly heard and understood by all present. "We do not wish for violence, Advisor-sama, only that this man be made to answer for what he has just done. If indeed the Empire will deal with this, then I would see it done, and will gladly step aside. How do you propose to handle this incident?"

Deilaavenaada says nothing, but simply remains standing over Kyras. The magnifying glass remains lying on the street. It gleams a bit in the sun.

Shadow Lodge

K-Local: Knowledge of Laws dealing with crimes of extreme or magical natures. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

K-Arcana: The Magnifying Glass - What can be done to reverse it... If its even possible :( 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Chu ignores the magnifying glass for now, it was unmovable and it was a waste of time at the moment as he looked up at General Vittoria. {With Reason. Its obvious he was not himself and should be brought before the Shugenja to discover what we can do. It will be a lengthy process and I am no Daimyo, until then we need to find out what we can do to reverse what has happened.}


Chu Only:
Because this crime happened in the city proper, Kyras must be turned over to the police, who will want to question everyone who was present. Lucky for you there are a half-dozen gendarmes cleaning up bodies just up the street from your current location...

There is no known way to undo what is done by one of the Abominations. As you know, there is only one book in all the Land -- Fen's Omnibus -- that even documents their existence, much less what they do or how they do it. Whatever horrible secrets Marianasu employed, they died with him, as far as anyone knows.

Na-Calanon is gone, and beyond any and all hopes of resurrection or return.

Shadow Lodge

Chu hardens suddenly, as his mind reels at the realization that all may be lost and there would be no going back. His reason began to battled with his logic, logic against coldly controlled emotion and turning around to emotion against reason. A vicious cycle that shows clearly on the serpentfolks scaled muzzle as he struggles to deny what is clearly true. He wanted to hang his head in shame and sadness. Na-Calanon was gone and yet every part of him screamed out in defiance to that cold logical conclusion. Without Fen's Omnibus he was at a loss and to try and seek the tome would take him to lands he'd never before seen. The greatest tragedy was what disappeared with the Ancient Gold Dragon, so many questions without answers.

Before I go further I am going to wait for the others and stop being so rude as to not let them react. Sorry guys ^^;


AC: 28 (T:28/FF:24) - Hp: 58/114 - Ki: 4/9 - F:11/R:11/W:12

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 Do I notice the other guys on the board?

Glancing disdainfully at the prone attacker, Khangzhi taunts, "Perhaps you two should return to your lessons. I am indisposed today and do npot have the time to spare for teaching.

Flurry of blows (Power Attack) to I8:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Does the 20 connect? I'll roll damage just in case

Damage:

1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 161d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16

Feh. Power attack? Not so much... At least I don't have to worry about losing a better damage role if the second one is a miss...


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

She fights against being sick right here in the middle of the street, the twisting of reality knocking her senses cockeyed with the swimming shadow. When the world straightens, she swallows hard against the sudden change threatening to spill this morning's tea to the cobbles. The magnifying glass falls to the street, refracting sunlight as though it was a dying colorful bird in her still blurred vision.

It takes a moment - she hears Chu sigh and walk past her to the fallen thing. Blinking furiously, she finally is able to focus on the magnifying glass. Her eyes widen: did all of that happen through that thing? The horror of the absence of the huge gold dragon caused by that strange thing Kyras still had in his pocket...

Kyras...Kyras as Kalaroth did this terrible deed. They were to use the Dragonborn to stop Khoda and Kalaroth's return, but if he is Kalaroth, or a piece of him...

A voice in her head - it's getting busy in there. Gazing up at the serpentine dragon, Chu responds before she can. She furrows her brow, actively thinking at the dragon; she is surprised that her voice does not warble in her mind--her throat feels less reliable. ::Honoured...dragon, your reinforcement would be welcome for whatever happens, as the Adviser suggests. Perhaps the Curator can help...:: She assumes that the Curator comes from a place of peace and calm that she herself cannot ever know.

She watches the Adviser try to pick up the magnifying glass and fail, nearly falling. Azami moves towards him, hoping to steady his stance and lend her own muscle. Before she reaches him, Chu's voice sears through her mind to everyone there, causing her to wince. Shaking her head, she calls out.

"Bring him down to us, General, Telestari. I am charged by the Emperor to ..."

Azami internal monologue:
...do what? Help him? Facilitate his destruction of the world? Protect him? Kill him?

The latter was seeming more likely each day. Kyras is an instrument of a dead god, and marked by an ancient...or alien...race. Just as she is an instrument for whatever gives her breath. Nothing will stop her except death- why does she maintain hope that anything less will stop Kyras, or the forces using him?

She doesn't even know - Is Kyras important to her cause, to her purpose to bring the new dawn? Is she protecting him under the false belief that he is connected? It would be much easier to stab him through and be done with it, a hard fact that Azami uses to threaten the niggling sentiment that has buried itself inside her chest.

But if he was what she needed, and she destroyed him...

"...guard the man. He is my responsibility," she finishes, feeling her shoulders tighten under the burden she assumes. It would be one thing to kill a Westerner who attacked them, it would be another to also destroy a palace guard who is carrying out the Emperor's orders.

DRA:
She will let Chu talk about justice decided by the Empire and Shugenja--Azami intends to learn what this blue man has to say and speak to Kyras. Then seek the Emperor. If possible, some serious meditation/prayer. And perhaps a visit to Erudima, the only other person who she knows has seen her sunrise. I don't know what order, or what.

She is looking for a way to connect her own goals with any of these other groups goals. Otherwise, she might just kill him.

After all of that, she has no idea where to go, how to keep up someone who is being used and looked through by a dead dragon god that could surface at any moment. She feels pretty useless and ill equipped to handle this situation and is looking for something she can trust.

Not that I expect she will find it, but she will try.

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,468 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mists of War - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.