Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Mirror, Mirror: A Skarda’s Mirror Pathfinder Adaptation

Game Master Terquem

It'Dupree searches for a way to be released from her self-imposed exile. Trapped in a Pocket Dimension, she has searched for clues for over four hundred years. Now, she has heard that a mysterious mirror, hidden on another world, could be the key to her freedom. Can she find the right group of heroes to recover the artifact before it is too late?
Campaign Setting Journal of Useful Information

The Tower, entrance level

Encounter Map


51 to 100 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

male

There is some shuffling in the hall, as Imreal stops, turns to express his frustration with bud, and then is joined by Niversal, who is curious as to the secret door Imreal is intent on barging through.

Just before Imreal reaches the door, a section of heavy wood painted to resemble stone, with his arms outstretched intending to reveal what secret lies beyond, Niversal reaches the same location, and quickly spots something out of the ordinary

Spoiler:
There is a cunning trap built into this wall. When this secret door is opened, if the trap is not first disabled, a concealed panel in the ceiling opens. What exactly will fall out of that panel is difficult to say, but the floor in front of the door shows signs that it has been refinished and the stain on the wood is newer than on the floor around it. Somewhere in the wall there must be a set of “key” stones which must be aligned, or pressed in a special sequence, to disarm the trap, should the regular occupants have need of this special door


Male Elf Sneaky Bastard 6 (knife master) init+10; Perception +13; F+4, R+12, W+4; melee +10( twf) dam 1d4+7 Sneak 3d8, 48 HP Max cmb 4 cmd 19

Niversal puts his hand up and says don't touch that secret door, its trapped and will look to see if he can figure out how to disarm it:

disarm: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Recovering Drunkard/ 5th Level Nacho Proficienato / Muchacho's MMA 1 | HP 48/48 +0/0 Temp | AC19 T11 FF16 | CMB+5 CMD +16 | Melee +6 Rng +5 | Dorn +7 | Channeling 5/5
Stats:
| F+7 R+2 W+8 | Init.+1 Perc.+6 In2ish +13 | Appraise +7 | Bluff +6 | Heal +10 | Know. Religion +10 Dungeon +3 | SpellCraft +10

Eww, wouldn't do tha, Ballar winces as Niversal reaches for an obvious wire. Leaning over to Bud and the others he relates, Seen tha before. Left'a nas-tay welt on tha last guy.


male

With deft fingers, Niversal quickly finds the "key" to disarming the trap associated with the secret door, a small stone on the wall just to the left of the door mus be depressed, and the trap is locked in the safe position.


Male Elf Sneaky Bastard 6 (knife master) init+10; Perception +13; F+4, R+12, W+4; melee +10( twf) dam 1d4+7 Sneak 3d8, 48 HP Max cmb 4 cmd 19

ok now go ahead and open it Niversal says after hitting the safety switch.

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

Imrael stares impatiently as Niversal inserts himself and disarms the trap. Once the all-clear is given, Imrael opens the door and steps forward.


male

Imreal throws open the secret door and the first thing everyone notices is a dazzling display of colored light streaming into the room beyond from the left.

This appears to be some kind of private study, and possibly a combination alter room and workshop.

The room is twenty feet wide, from north to south, and is forty feet wide east to west.

On the west wall, to your left entering through the secret door, there are three narrow windows set high in the wall, filled with colored glass. The three widows show three images. The left window, facing them, is the image of a golden dragon, rampant, surrounded by lose pages or possibly scrolls rendered in many different colors, standing on a green mound. The right side window is of a black dragon, hunch low, almost in retreat, breathing a stream of bluish swirls from its nostrils. It is surrounded by armor clad creatures that do not appear to be human, but just what they are is difficult to tell. The center window is of a beautiful woman, with strong, masculine features, a head of thick, but short and wavy golden blond hair, a thin, figure, and dazzling purple eyes. Her dress is green and gold and she wears a white belt. In the crock of her left arm she holds a book, and her right hand is made into a fist, held up to her side, and shows a dazzling red ring on her middle finger.

Below these windows is a small alter, with an open book, the language is foreign to all of you, and a small red candle.

To the east there is a set of double wooden doors, which are shut, and bolted from this side.

On the north wall of this room there is a narrow and high work bench. A pile of arcane looking instruments and tools seem to have been shoved toward one side of the bench, leaving a wide part cleared off.

On the south wall of this room there is a writing desk. It has been ransacked, four small drawers have been pulled from the desk, their contents spilled across the floor. Among the materials on the floor (papers, pens, pencils, and a few small keys) there is a leather bound book, held shut with a metal clasp. The book has a symbol embossed on the cover, but it is unfamiliar to all of you.


Hiro Rule Abuser 1 / Some Call Me... Tim 5 | HP 43/43 | AC13 T11 FF12 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9 | CMB +4 Rng +4 | Not in the face +7 | Perception +10
Kamastra:
HP 75/75|| AC26 T12 FF23 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +7 || CMB +14 || Perception +10 (scent 30’)

Lovely work, curious as to the meaning of purpose for commissioning it. Zaehyra appraised with a moment of consideration, crossed arms and a finger propping up under her chin. Let's see if anything magical is lingering, shall we. And then Zaehyra whispered the exact prayer from moments ago, plunging her sight into the magical aura spectrum.

[Spoiler=Mechanics]
Detect magic
[/spoiler


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Bud waits for Zaehyra to finish her scan of the room and then walks to the workbench on the far side of the room and examines the items there to see what they may have been used for.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Kn: Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Recovering Drunkard/ 5th Level Nacho Proficienato / Muchacho's MMA 1 | HP 48/48 +0/0 Temp | AC19 T11 FF16 | CMB+5 CMD +16 | Melee +6 Rng +5 | Dorn +7 | Channeling 5/5
Stats:
| F+7 R+2 W+8 | Init.+1 Perc.+6 In2ish +13 | Appraise +7 | Bluff +6 | Heal +10 | Know. Religion +10 Dungeon +3 | SpellCraft +10

The crackle of unfurling paper emanates from the back of the group followed by the sound of munching. His eyes glued to the scene unfolding on the other side of the secret door, Ballar pops another cheese flavored nacho in his mouth before offering Imrael and the others whatever's in the bag, Me Gran 'ad windows li'tha. Well, no exact-lay ba quality glass.

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

Imrael enters the room, frowning as usual. He was expecting a fight, and seems disappointed to not find one. After a casual glance he intones, "When one opens a door of secrecy, one expects a darkened closet holding a rack of weapons, or a small chest of valuables. To conceal an entrance to a shrine of this work is..."

His voice trails off as he finally takes time to really look at the images depicted, and his eyes...grow wide.

Suspense! =P

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

For a moment his eyes flash, as if seeing something...familiar in the images.
But then the moment passes and he walks about the room, He accepts another delectable chip from Ballar, then goes to the book on the floor. He retrieves and opens it, calling out to the mages, "Bud? Zaehyra? You are scholars. Can you make aught of this?"


male

Oh, let's pause a moment shall we...

Zae begins to examine the room while Imreal fixes his eyes on the windows, for a moment the big man is lost in thought...

Ballar munches a snack as Bud approaches the work bench...

Zae:
The red candle has a faint magic aura, discovering more about it will take a moment or two of concentration, but you catch something out of the corner of your eye...A paper, no a book on the floor, wait...

Bud:
These devices seem to be the tools of a specialist who works in precious metals, perhaps enchanting small pieces of jewelry. The equipment would normally be treated with a gentle hand, but it seams someone has hurriedly pushed all of the equipment aside, gathered into a pile on the edge of the bench to make a clear space some five feet long on the bench, but whatever was placed there is no here here now

Imreal turns away from the windows as the others seem to have found something to their interest, and he picks up a small leather bound book from the floor, flips the metal clasp with his thumb and opens the book and when his eyes fall on the bizarre script...

*BOOM*

A thunderous explosion is triggered

Hey Read This!: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 4) = 29

Imreal has triggered an Explosive Runes spell. The journal in his hand seems to shake off the damage, as if it is protected from the trap. As best as I can interpret things, Bud might be in the blast zone, and must make a Reflex Save, DC 18 or take the same damage (half if he succeeds)

Damage Tracker:
Imreal - takes 29 force damage!

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

Well played...

The explosion catches the WarAngel full in the face, shearing off flesh and sloughing off sinew. Imrael's eyes go wide as the shock of what happened hits him, but only for a moment. After a breath a slight smile touches his lips and his eyes glow with appreciation. "Well played," he intones to the unknown layer of the trap.

He retains the book, his prize by conquest.

His flesh seems to struggle and writhe, as if the force of Law that propels him makes war upon so insulting an intrusion as damage itself. So too does Imrael pass a hand over the air, intoning deeply, "Prayer cleanses the soul. Pain cleanses the body." Motes of white light fly about and land on his injured skin.

Casting Virtue. And at the end of the round, I fast heal 1 point. =)

He takes another pause to compose himself, then again raises his eyes. "Well? Any book worth protecting is a book worth reading."


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Bud stands at the desk, his foot making a squishy sound as it taps and he mutters, "Now what could have been so important to push all these delicate tools aside." Suddenly there is a blast and the wall is covered in black soot with his clean outline in it. He looks at it and spins around ready to launch his magic at the new enemy and sees Imrael grinning. "What in the Wide Wide World of Sports did you do? You just had to open the book didn't you? You nearly singed my clothes!" Bud's clothes seem to be drier than usual as if the blast boiled off some of the ale usually dripping from him.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Elf Sneaky Bastard 6 (knife master) init+10; Perception +13; F+4, R+12, W+4; melee +10( twf) dam 1d4+7 Sneak 3d8, 48 HP Max cmb 4 cmd 19

As the book explodes and the angel is fried Niversal taps his fingers on his belt and says sure would be nice if there was just some fellow who could detect and disarm traps stopping people from blowing themselves up...


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

"Don't be too hard on him Niversal. No one has tried to spill his blood recently. He's enjoying himself. I just wish he'd confine his blood letting to himself. Besides your sarcasm is lost on him.", with that said Bud waves his flat hand over his head mimicking something going right over it.


Recovering Drunkard/ 5th Level Nacho Proficienato / Muchacho's MMA 1 | HP 48/48 +0/0 Temp | AC19 T11 FF16 | CMB+5 CMD +16 | Melee +6 Rng +5 | Dorn +7 | Channeling 5/5
Stats:
| F+7 R+2 W+8 | Init.+1 Perc.+6 In2ish +13 | Appraise +7 | Bluff +6 | Heal +10 | Know. Religion +10 Dungeon +3 | SpellCraft +10

Books is wizard's stuff, Ballar casually pops another nacho into his mouth then whisper's between bites, Keeps'm busy. Keeps'm quiet.


Hiro Rule Abuser 1 / Some Call Me... Tim 5 | HP 43/43 | AC13 T11 FF12 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9 | CMB +4 Rng +4 | Not in the face +7 | Perception +10
Kamastra:
HP 75/75|| AC26 T12 FF23 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +7 || CMB +14 || Perception +10 (scent 30’)

Zae lets out a startled yell in effort to warn everyone of the magic auras though it is nearly impossible to discern before the explosive runes activate. With hesitation she opens her eyes and comes to the realization that she is unharmed. Hurriedly she checks on Kamastra, who looks surprising uninterested as he is set on his haunches and licking his paws. Zaehyra looks to the others to see what happened although the look in her eyes is can't hide the flippant emotion.

Blood and ashes man! What was that? Assume everything else in here is trapped! Especially if it has a magic aura on it like that book. And maybe that candle. It was clear the shock was wearing off and with a heavy sigh she pointed at the candle before she recasts her spell to discern the aura and identify the last remaining magical item in the room, though she is careful to double check everything in case she might have overlooked anything. Undoubtedly there is or was something of value in here, though I am no scholar. Keryth might be better suited to that role... or at least was before the trip to the basement.

After Zaehyra is done with the detection spell she will investigate and collect the books she can not read or make sense of.


Male Elven 6th level Conjurer (Spellbinder) Wizard Init +2 Perception +13 AC: 12 (Tch: 12 Flat: 10) Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Enchantments) CMD 16/14 Fl Intuition +7 Spellcraft +14

Keryth, who has still been following along somewhat in a daze, seems to come around when the book detonates. Ha! Explosive runes! Classic!

Glancing up and spotting the stained glass apparently for the first time he squints at them in thought...

knowledge (all): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

...before strolling over to Imrael and asking, May I examine the book?

knowledge (all): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 and/or linguistics and spellcraft +14

And then joining Bud by the bench. Finding anything interesting?

knowledge (all): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 and/or perception +13, spellcraft +14

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

Imrael suffers the mild taunts stoically, accepting them as the price to pay for shielding them from the meat of the blast. That they thank him not for his sacrifice is just a matter of course.

He hands the book over, glad that it's been made safe by his actions.

The smile stays on his face. He said he would trade a laceration to be free of the mirror-games, and it seems his wish was granted.

His Order does say that Propoket will grant all wishes...in the order in which they are received.

The others have the searching of things well in hand, so as time passes and his flesh mends, he just keeps a sharp eye, casually walking the perimeter and looking for ambushes. He lets the Vigor end, but steels himself for the Chant of War...because apparently such things may be needed here.

Imma say that once a minute I'll refresh my War blessing, giving me +1 on saves. Let me know if that's too cheesy, but it looks like something I may need. ^_^


male

Zae:
Focusing on the candle, you begin to discern details in the surface of the wax that reveal its nature. It is a type of Magic Candle used often by Priests to focus their mind on prayers necessary for mastering difficult spells or contacting other planes. Where you come from it would be a Candle of Invocation. Typically these candles are aligned toward good or evil, and less frequently toward agents of law or chaos, but it is difficult to tell if this candle is aligned in any such way. Once you are finished with the candle, your examination of the remaining papers on the floor near the writing desk (there was only one book) reveals that they are very consistent in appearance, though the language is unknown to you, and might be interpreted to resemble ledger entries in a bookkeeping document. You also find four small steel keys, each with a slightly different “Bit” though three of them have a similar “Bow” one has a unique, diamond shaped Bow

Keryth:
You cannot identify the imagery of the stained glass windows. The magic of the spell protecting the book is gone. However, your keen understanding of language forms tells you almost immediately that this is a journal. The entries appear to have a code, possibly a date, before each one, and the entries are written with a freehand, flowing script that you might interpret as “feminine” in quality. The language is not known to you, but you feel that with a reasonable amount of time, if it were worth the effort, you could decipher the language, as many entries use repeated words, even phrases. Once you are satisfied with the book, your examination of the tools and equipment on the table tells you that these are a combination of the tools of the trade of a jeweler, or gem smith, along with certain necessary devices a skilled wizard would need to assist in enchanting small metal objects with permanent magic abilities. The tools are of the finest quality, taken all together this is a serious collection of working instruments, probably worth upwards of a 1000 gold pieces back in Du’orbna

Imreal – noted, and not unreasonable

Imreal:
I need a better understanding of how Imreal “fits” into the mythology that Wolfgang created. Send me a PM when you have the time with your ideas. I basically need to know how “aware” he is of the myths, and how his name fits into the story. (Is he “actually “the” Imreal” or is he named after the paragon.) If he is imagined to be from a plane where Propoket has dominion, then we might rethink his understanding of the worship of Propoket on this world, Alodoa. I can see him looking over his shoulder a few times at the windows, and then suddenly putting it all together (these people on this world have a variation of the myth, or real world event, of the battle between Propoket’s Avatar, and Nekron’s Avatar, on behalf of Therenger and Archeron (assuming this event actually took place on Alodoa, and not on some other world known to Imreal. Let’s work out the details before we leave this room


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Bud points to the tools and tells Keryth, "Someone moved those out of the way to make room to do something. Did you guys have any luck reading that stuff?" When told no, he puts his hand in his backpack and rustles around for a minute and pulls out a scroll. "I have the comprehend languages scroll. That should let me read that, but it's the only one I have. I can read the notes and the last few entries to see what it has to say."


Hiro Rule Abuser 1 / Some Call Me... Tim 5 | HP 43/43 | AC13 T11 FF12 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9 | CMB +4 Rng +4 | Not in the face +7 | Perception +10
Kamastra:
HP 75/75|| AC26 T12 FF23 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +7 || CMB +14 || Perception +10 (scent 30’)

After examining the room once more with her spellsight, Zaehyra blows out the candle and snuffs out any smoldering cinder with tongue moistened finger and thumb. This is quite magical, and might come in handy in a pinch. She stows the candle in her carry-all, then a few moments later after sifting through some of the scattered papers she procures four small steel keys, each with a slightly different “bit” though three of them have a similar “bow” and one has a unique, diamond shaped bow. Keys that might save Niversal a few seconds later on perhaps.


Male Elven 6th level Conjurer (Spellbinder) Wizard Init +2 Perception +13 AC: 12 (Tch: 12 Flat: 10) Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Enchantments) CMD 16/14 Fl Intuition +7 Spellcraft +14

No need to be so hasty my friend. It will take me a few minutes time, but I am confident that I can decipher the journal. You needn't waste the scroll unless you think time is of the utmost importance of course, Keryth replies to Bud.

linguistics +14


Hiro Rule Abuser 1 / Some Call Me... Tim 5 | HP 43/43 | AC13 T11 FF12 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9 | CMB +4 Rng +4 | Not in the face +7 | Perception +10
Kamastra:
HP 75/75|| AC26 T12 FF23 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +7 || CMB +14 || Perception +10 (scent 30’)

When Zae finds herself with a moment she braves closing the distance between herself and the angelic Imrael. Imrael, you appear hurt. Just in case things get exploded again, I'm going to cast a healing spell on you. With your permission of course.

Barring any objection to the healing, Zaehyra reveals an ivory wand sanded, smoothed, and polished to a mirror-like finish and activates 1 charge that slowly regenerates Imrael's missing hp at 1 per round for 10 rounds. She says nothing to the effect of the name of the spell or what it took to cast it to Imrael.


Male Elf Sneaky Bastard 6 (knife master) init+10; Perception +13; F+4, R+12, W+4; melee +10( twf) dam 1d4+7 Sneak 3d8, 48 HP Max cmb 4 cmd 19

Niversal will inspect any exits from the room for traps.


male

Niversal approaches the only other exit from this room, a set of wooden doors, bared from the inside (this side) at the east end of the room while Keryth reviews the book in his hand

Niversal:
There are no indications that this door is trapped. The lock, a simple heavy wood bar across the doors, can easily be removed allowing the doors to swing inward

Keryth:
It might take more than just a few short moments to gather any useful information from this text, possibly a few hours of study are required, but flipping to the back, where there are still many blank pages, you put your mind to trying to see if anything can be learned from the last entry. You manage to make out that several entries, possibly made over one or two days’ time, reference the same thing over and over. You surmise that the author is talking about a Mirror of some kind. Flipping through the journal looking for references to this often mentioned item you find a series of different symbols used in a column like entry with the same word as a header, it is perhaps a description of dimensions. All in all, you are fairly certain that it will take at least a couple of hours of cross checking certain entries before you have any confidence in being able to translate a short passage. For now, it seems that the author was excitedly referencing the “mirror” item, and then one last entry simply ends with three words, Juthrouene Moniscura Adrepoelle which you have a good hunch means – Juthrouene “no matter the consequence or ignoring any danger” – Moniscura “ a mirror or the reflector” – Adrepoelle “on my own or through my self-actions” – taken together perhaps, “I will face the mirror no matter what.”

Meanwhile, as Keryth ponders the text and Niversal scouts the next exit, Zae attends to Imreal's wounds with the touch of a magic wand.


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Bud pulls a wand out of his backpack and taps himself with it and some of his wounds slowly close. To Keryth he says "So you can read it or do I need to use my scroll or just save it and not worry about what it says exactly?"


Male Elven 6th level Conjurer (Spellbinder) Wizard Init +2 Perception +13 AC: 12 (Tch: 12 Flat: 10) Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Enchantments) CMD 16/14 Fl Intuition +7 Spellcraft +14

I can decipher it, but it will take some time to get through it all.

I did already manage to make out that several entries, possibly made over one or two days’ time, reference the same thing over and over. A mirror of some kind. It seems to be the author was experimenting with the proper dimensions. For now, it seems that the author was excitedly referencing the “mirror” item, and then one last entry simply ends with three words, Juthrouene Moniscura Adrepoelle which I have a good hunch means – Juthrouene “no matter the consequence or ignoring any danger” – Moniscura “ a mirror or the reflector” – Adrepoelle “on my own or through my self-actions” – taken together perhaps, “I will face the mirror no matter what.”

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

"Gratitude, Zaehyra. You have my leave to work thy art upon me. I shall see if I can return the favor sometime, though I hope fortune does not call for that."

Imreal meanders about as the translation goes on, listens to his wounds knit and trying not to touch anything else.

As the passage seems to go on and on about a mirror, Imrael smirks, determined that the universe itself is just trolling him at this point.

"Can we leave this accursed room or is there aught else to accomplish here?"


Recovering Drunkard/ 5th Level Nacho Proficienato / Muchacho's MMA 1 | HP 48/48 +0/0 Temp | AC19 T11 FF16 | CMB+5 CMD +16 | Melee +6 Rng +5 | Dorn +7 | Channeling 5/5
Stats:
| F+7 R+2 W+8 | Init.+1 Perc.+6 In2ish +13 | Appraise +7 | Bluff +6 | Heal +10 | Know. Religion +10 Dungeon +3 | SpellCraft +10

Resealing his bag of munchies, a nifty feature exclusive to Seer's, Ballar quickly dips a finger or two into his mouth to lick off the powder coating them then tucks the bag back into his pack, Aye, Ah think Nivers as alrady check'd tha next door. Pointing a thumb at the only other exit from this room Ballar adjusts the long chain of his Dorn and falls in behind Imrael, ready to go.


Hiro Rule Abuser 1 / Some Call Me... Tim 5 | HP 43/43 | AC13 T11 FF12 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9 | CMB +4 Rng +4 | Not in the face +7 | Perception +10
Kamastra:
HP 75/75|| AC26 T12 FF23 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +7 || CMB +14 || Perception +10 (scent 30’)

That makes two of us, though I favor planning, caution, and a dash of daring over fortune to get us through the day. Zae chimes in response to Imrael's gratitude as she falls in behind the party filing out of the room.

Come Kamastra, stay close. This tower is quite deadly.


Male Elven 6th level Conjurer (Spellbinder) Wizard Init +2 Perception +13 AC: 12 (Tch: 12 Flat: 10) Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Enchantments) CMD 16/14 Fl Intuition +7 Spellcraft +14

I have no objections, Keryth mutters as he follows the others, nose buried in the journal.


Male Elf Sneaky Bastard 6 (knife master) init+10; Perception +13; F+4, R+12, W+4; melee +10( twf) dam 1d4+7 Sneak 3d8, 48 HP Max cmb 4 cmd 19

Niversal flips open the door as the group arrives holding it open peeking around the corner as the group passes through.


male

Nivrsal lifts the lock bar from the two doors, and pushes one of them open slightly, taking a look beyond.

There is a small hall, and then beyond that, through a decorative, high, arch he sees what appears to be a dining room. There is a long table with several high backed wooden chairs placed around it.

One of the chairs has been placed on the table, near the center, and against it is propped a large, broken piece of mirrored glass.

To his right, the hall connects to the center of the tower, a ten foot wide hall that goes around the stairwell in the very center of the tower.


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Seeing the mirror Bud looks into it for the creature he has seen before.


Recovering Drunkard/ 5th Level Nacho Proficienato / Muchacho's MMA 1 | HP 48/48 +0/0 Temp | AC19 T11 FF16 | CMB+5 CMD +16 | Melee +6 Rng +5 | Dorn +7 | Channeling 5/5
Stats:
| F+7 R+2 W+8 | Init.+1 Perc.+6 In2ish +13 | Appraise +7 | Bluff +6 | Heal +10 | Know. Religion +10 Dungeon +3 | SpellCraft +10

Having the same thought, which is rather surprising for Ballar, the dwarf stands next to Bud and peers into the mirror with him.

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

Imrael marches along. He rolls his eyes massively seeing the purposely-placed shard of mirror, and considers just smashing it to be done with the play. But with Bud and the dwarf taking a look, such an action would just come off as impolite.

He leaves the drunken duo to their investigating and keeps a watch toward the center, eager to be about exploring the rest of the place.


male

When Bud and Ballar take a position at the end of the table, looking at the shard of glass propped up against the chair, the rest of the party fills in behind them

As eyes fall on the mirror, everyone sees a massive, dark-furred creature with a hideously grotesque visage, grinning, its huge mouth filled with long sharp teeth standing behind Kamastra, making a “v” with two fingers behind Zae’s head.


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Bud smiles into the mirror and says "Imrael would you go and stand behind Zae please?"


Recovering Drunkard/ 5th Level Nacho Proficienato / Muchacho's MMA 1 | HP 48/48 +0/0 Temp | AC19 T11 FF16 | CMB+5 CMD +16 | Melee +6 Rng +5 | Dorn +7 | Channeling 5/5
Stats:
| F+7 R+2 W+8 | Init.+1 Perc.+6 In2ish +13 | Appraise +7 | Bluff +6 | Heal +10 | Know. Religion +10 Dungeon +3 | SpellCraft +10

Noticing the creature, Ballar steps into the center to look directly into the mirror while running a palm over his beard to 'straighten' up.
Ballar's next action takes place AFTER Imrael posts.
Once Imrael steps behind Zae the dwarf pretends to greet the war priest but is actually looking directly into the hideous visage of the creature. Speaking to the furry critter in the mirror, Ballar grins devilishly, Well, aren't you an handsome devil! Wha do tha girls call ya I wond'r?

Attempting to speak to the creature.


Hiro Rule Abuser 1 / Some Call Me... Tim 5 | HP 43/43 | AC13 T11 FF12 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9 | CMB +4 Rng +4 | Not in the face +7 | Perception +10
Kamastra:
HP 75/75|| AC26 T12 FF23 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +7 || CMB +14 || Perception +10 (scent 30’)

Zaehyra contributes with her obligatory detect magic work while the others investigate whatever they fancy.


Male Elf Sneaky Bastard 6 (knife master) init+10; Perception +13; F+4, R+12, W+4; melee +10( twf) dam 1d4+7 Sneak 3d8, 48 HP Max cmb 4 cmd 19

Niversal walks into the room and momentarily stops when he sees the thing and the looks into the room seeing nothing and back, his hands considering breaking that mirror for a second but saying you knock that off what ever you are or I will break that mirror!

Dark Archive

Outsider WarPriest 6 | HP 48/48 | AC 20/13/16 | Init +7 Perc: +6 | 1st: 5/5 2nd: 4/4 | Fervor: 4/4 ||Atk: +10/2d4+10 w/REACH |FX: +1 save War blessing

sry. been gone a for a bit. But I'm back now.

Imrael sighs so loudly it's palpable. "I'm so glad that I came in first in the Supreme Struggle against the creme of the High Order so that I could be told to go stand behind someone who is in front of a mirror. Very well, since your juvenile prank does not involve an overdone jump-scare, I shall comply."

Imrael walks over to the area indicated...staring at Zaehyra and not at the mirror.
Once in the close-quarter position he mutters, "Greetings, Zaehyra." Does his iron facade quiver for a moment? No, it must be a trick of the light. Though, after a moment he just turns around, unwilling to play further.


male

When Imreal turns away from the mirror to approach Zae, he notices immediately that no such creature is present.

When Ballar and Niversal address the mirror image, the monster throws back its head, and makes a rude gesture toward them

Zae:
The piece of glass is surrounded by a deep blue colored glow. While the creature in the mirror is visible, its reflection specifically is also glowing with a faint blue outline

When Imreal turns back toward the mirror, the reflection of the monster snarls, and then vanishes.

Zae:
The moment the monster’s reflection disappears, the blue glow of magic around the mirror disapates


Male Undead Arcanist 6 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 64/68 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Bud utters a word about a beaver's building as the monster disappears and doesn't attack Imrael.

"Oh well, I guess he doesn't want to play with you Imrael if if you think he's Notreal." Bud says to Imrael. "Where do we go from here?" he asks the group.


Recovering Drunkard/ 5th Level Nacho Proficienato / Muchacho's MMA 1 | HP 48/48 +0/0 Temp | AC19 T11 FF16 | CMB+5 CMD +16 | Melee +6 Rng +5 | Dorn +7 | Channeling 5/5
Stats:
| F+7 R+2 W+8 | Init.+1 Perc.+6 In2ish +13 | Appraise +7 | Bluff +6 | Heal +10 | Know. Religion +10 Dungeon +3 | SpellCraft +10

Zae, spellcraft check?

Ballar practices returning the rude gesture in the mirror, trying to get it just right; head thrown back, face scrunched up tauntingly, tongue out slightly and to the side then extending his index and little fingers while holding the middle and ring fingers down with the thumb. Directing this towards the mirror, Ballar swivels his hand back and forth. The dwarf makes a few adjustments, squinting vs. wide eyed and various tongue lengths before stopping, apparently feeling a little self-conscious but excusing it all as, Could be some sort'a greet'n.


Hiro Rule Abuser 1 / Some Call Me... Tim 5 | HP 43/43 | AC13 T11 FF12 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9 | CMB +4 Rng +4 | Not in the face +7 | Perception +10
Kamastra:
HP 75/75|| AC26 T12 FF23 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +7 || CMB +14 || Perception +10 (scent 30’)

Hmm... Zaehyra sounds as she notes the familiar aura and the magic effects. Then she raises a brow at Imrael and his willingness to take direction from Bud, though it may as well make sense given how little she knows history together.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Elf Sneaky Bastard 6 (knife master) init+10; Perception +13; F+4, R+12, W+4; melee +10( twf) dam 1d4+7 Sneak 3d8, 48 HP Max cmb 4 cmd 19

If there is another door Niversal will move forward and check it and then if not locked and no teaps he will open that as well for the group.

trap?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

51 to 100 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mirror, Mirror: A Skarda's Mirror, Pathfinder Adaptation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.