Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mir

Game Master HarbinNick

Pbp set in the world of Mir
1st level, 20 point buy, APG,UM,UC allowed, standard gold, 1 racial trait 1 campaign trait


401 to 443 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

--As the fire burns the remains of the fey, you feel virtue at having righted a wrong, and grow more confident in your abilities
LEVEL UP


--As you continue on your way, you noticed the forest is getting thinner, and the terrain rises slightly. You are nearing the hill. There are a number of broken pillars and building foundations, long abandoned. Perhaps the old work camp of the tomb builders.
--Isaak stops and says "We are certainly in the right place, but where or how does one enter the crypt? I have no idea. Let's make camp tonight and look around in the morning? What do you think?".
--It is rather late, after the encounter with the boars, spiders, and fey.


Vuk inspects the nearest building remains. "I agree with camping for the night before heading on. Based on our earlier encounter, I would like to have a wall or two to our backs. Perhaps one of these old buildings can provide shelter, or at least cover a side."

I hope that one of those 'creatures' don't show up again. It was awfully disturbing.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh will look around the spot Vuk chooses, "Let's double check the area."

Detect Magic, Spellcraft:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy looks upon the ruins but is careful not to approach too close. "Before we do decide to camp here, we should be careful of unstable ground or structures, and there may still be some traps here to dissuade tomb robbers. I do not want to lay my bedroll down on a hidden pit trap filled with spikes."


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Now that the danger of the Fey is gone, some of Roh-Kai's arrogant aloofness has returned.
"It seems unlikely that the tomb builders would trap their own camp. You should be more worried about one of columns collapsing on you in the night."

Roh-Kai casts his gaze about for a spot that would block his frame from view of anyone stumbling upon the camp without posing a risk of the same fate he taunted Xenarchy with.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"Don't worry my dear, if you deceide to sleep in a death bit I will have a grand funeral and write a ballad in your honor......of course I got to learn how to write music but thats in the future." He starts to hum a little tune ranging from dark to energic, while he sets up his bed roll and starts to play with his cards.


-You make a camp and rest unmolested through the night. The watch is uneventful.
-The next day, with dawn's light, you notice the sun rises directly over the tallest column. The column is massive, almost 6 feet in diameter and over 20' high. It is carved in strange designs, but they are not magical or Garesh would have noticed
-A closer look reveals that the designs are abstract nature designs, animals, vines, and birds. Without an expert's eye it's hard to make anything out...clearly

Knowledge Nature DC 15:
The majority of the animals are mundane, deer, fish, and so on. The plants are local plants. The odd thing is that a dragon has been carved into the designs, and the dragon seems out of place with the design in general. It has been blended into the other animals and plants. It would take a practiced eye to ever noticed it.

Knowledge Enginering DC 10:
The column is hollow


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 (maximum result 10)

The sorceress spends a while that morning examining the detailed pillar. After a while, she steps closer and touches the carvings. "Here, this artwork depicts mundane creatures and plants throughout, yet if you look at the forms amongst them, you can see an image of a dragon. What could that mean?"

She continues the exploration of the column, tapping on it here and there and then steps back. "Huh. It's hollow."


Vuk awakens refreshed.

Ah, that tingling feeling in my arm is gone now. What a difference a good rest makes.

He sits back as he watches Xenarchy examine the pillar.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Perhaps it's a warning. Something must have driven off the previous inhabitants."


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"Well, if it's hollow maybe there's something inside it. We should check."

Roh-Kai walks over to the column, carrying his axe.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Seeing Roh-Kai holding that axe, Xenarchy backs away from the column.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

If the father doesn't object, Roh-Kai is going to try and break the column:

Roh-Kai taps on the column a little bit, listening to the sound of the echo. Once he's satisfied that he thinks he's found a weak-spot (If there is a roll that will help, I'll take it. If not roleplaying is fun too) Roh-Kai lines his axe up and makes a swing.

Attack Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage Roll:1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


-As you come closer enough to the column to hit it with your axe, you notice a small button is located in the dragon's eye.
-You fail to damage the column in anyway.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

If I notice the button during my investigation of where to hit the column, I would like to take that opportunity to press it rather than risking damaging my axe for no reason.


Lost power for a few days


-The secret door, hidden in the column slowly swings open, revealing a ladder going down inside. The shaft looks to be about 30 feet deep, with a ladder built into the side of the shaft.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"Intresting....Who would like to go first?" He looks around at the group with his finger pointed then stops it at there employer "How about you Father?" he says with a chuckle then looks to the orc "Would you like to scout with your darkvision or shall I light up the way?"


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Perhaps I should go first before we alert anything to our presence with a light. A couple of days ago, I wouldn't have thought anything could still be down here after being sealed up for so long but who knows what the father has gotten us involved in...

So saying, Roh-Kai moves toward the ladder.

Father, do you have some rope in the supplies? I can take one end with me and use it to signal if I find anything.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh steps on the stairs looking down at the hallway examining it. "Since elves made this and they have low-light vision I wonder if I could see as well down there?"

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

You could see further than me into the entrance because of your low light vision, but since any light source negates dark vision it would be pointless for the two of us to explore together.


It's a straight shaft down with a ladder. Anything else is obscured, not by lack of lumination, but rather then bend of the tunnel blocks line of sight.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

"Since most of us cannot see in darkness, I suggest we go in after Roh-Kai," says Xenarchy, "We can follow after he has scouted the shadows."


Turning his attention away from the woods and back to the group, "Perhaps Roh-Kai should just get to the bottom of the ladder first to make sure that it's safe without revealing himself. If there's room down there, I don't see any reason that we should all not go."


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Then it's settled. I'll go down and see what I can and signal back to you by tugging the rope. Let's say one for safe, two for assistance and three for overwhelmed. Also, I'm going to tie this off around my waist. I'd appreciate it if one of you would hold the end. I don't know how much I trust a centuries old ladder.


-The ladder and stonework are in excellent condition, and you feel safe. at the bottom of the shaft, a long tunnel, with block stone walls runs ahead of you. The shaft is 7 feet high, and 4 feet wide. The walls are, as mentioned, block. Eash stone was cut to about 1 foot by 4 inches high. The stones are almost white, doubtless to increase any light source.
-That said, their are alcoves with oil pots, but they are not lit. The tunnel follows a slight bend, but you can see there is nothing obviously wrong, no cave-ins, doors, or creatures.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Roh-kai gives one firm tug on the rope.


Vuk peers into the shaft and nods. "Perhaps it would be best for me to go down last. That way I could cover our rear."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

He shouts down to Roh-Kai Can you see anything?


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"It's just a tunnel. Nothing really to see."


Vuk gathers up his gear, grabbing Roh-kai's as well. "Let us make haste then. The longer we wait here, the more likely it is one of those creatures will find us."


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Drawing one of his faithful dart and with a quick prayer it lights up like a torch. "Let us follow then."

He leads the rest of the group through the tunnel.


-The white walls reflect the light, and the tunnel is pretty well lit up, it continues for 100 feet. At mid point in the tunnel, are 2 alcoves each containing a statue.
-

religion DC 9:
They are Lleywin and Amarwen, the elf aspect of the god of Nature and Amarwen is the elf aspect of Marfya

-At the end of the tunnel, a metal grate blocks your path. It appears to have been added at a later date.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Knowledge(Religion):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Intresting, we must be on the right track since we have the statues of two elven gods." He'll explain which gods they are if the other asks(read the spoiler).

He'll then say a small chant to see if magic dwells within the statues and inspect them further.

Detect magic
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 (maximum result 10)

Xenarchy gives a brief look of disdain to the two statues and folds her arms. "Should we expect these statues to hold hidden clues or triggers?"


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Roh-Kai inspects the metal grate in an attempt to determine how strong it is and whether the group could move past it.

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


-It's set into the walls with bolts. How deep they are, you can not tell. Tearing the grate out of masonry would seem almost impossible...That said, you are not really sure where to go

Elvish:
The stautes are carved with an inscription...those who BLESS or AID the gods, and seek our GUIDE shall be rewarded as only the faithful know...


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

"This seems far too simple," says Xenarchy, looking at the inscriptions on the statues. "A few words are emphasised. 'Bless', 'Aid' and 'Guide'."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--Well it IS in Elvish, which isn't exactly read by most orcs, or dwarves, both of whom would be the logical pick to ransack a wood elf tomb. That said, If it is an elf tomb, why would they want to keep the faithful out? He seems puzzled however.
--But I'm no expert this grate was added much later than the building. These evles were skilled masons. Why would they use such a crude thing as an iron grate? They could have made a door, or even walled the thing up. Someone has been here before us, but how recently? A year? A decade? A century?


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Perhaps fulfilling Father Isaak's statement about orcs being prone to ransacking, Roh-Kai is still focused on trying to force his way through the grate.

Strength Check:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Vuk stares at the statues for a moment, "Does anyone know a prayer or blessing to the elvish gods? Something about guidance or a great hunter perhaps."


knowledge:arcana or spellcraft DC 12:
The spells Aid, Bless, or Guidance should all work.

-The grate would require a dozen men to remove. It's set into heavy stones with bolts. The work looks very out of place, but well crafted
knowledge:enginering DC 12:
It's Dwarf Wrought Iron


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Knowledge(arcana):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Excuse me Father, but do you know any of these spells Aid, bless, or guidence? Apparently they need one to activate them."


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy looks at Isaak expectantly.

401 to 443 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.