Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mir

Game Master HarbinNick

Pbp set in the world of Mir
1st level, 20 point buy, APG,UM,UC allowed, standard gold, 1 racial trait 1 campaign trait


301 to 350 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Yes, but Roh-Kai Killed 2, and you killed 1...
The remains of the giant spiders lie around you, still twitching. You realize how close you could have come to death today. and the spider bites are beginning to itch...It would seem these woods have many dangers.


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

Who is hurt? Anybody? Those were the biggest spiders I've ever seen. and Xenarchy, what was wrong with you? You looked like you hurt your head?


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

"I had... a premonition. Something. I am not sure." Xenarchy takes a few breaths and calms. The quick succession of painful visions and ambush by spiders was unpleasant. She steps back and looks around at the forest, frowning. "I cannot say if it is something that happened, is happening or will happen, but I saw a fey creature being held down and tortured, in this very forest. I do not like uncertainty and oracular vagueness but this seemed clear. Do any of you know how to find where this might be occurring?" The concern in her voice is quite uncharacteristic. Something about this has unveiled formerly quelled emotions.


You can make a knowledge:nature check


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Xen:
You think it may have something to do with your fey heritage/bloodline, but you can't understand more than that...it wasn't an attack, more like seeing into the past or maybe future. The little men are spriggansevil fey with a wide sadistic streak...


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"I did take quite a thrashing by those arachnids and there poison doesn't sit well with me either. If you wish to heal me I would be grateful, though if you need to save your strength I can heal myself."

Current HP: 4/9

"Indeed puzzling my dear, hmmmm let me think if I can remember any rituals involving fey creatures."

Knowledge(arcana):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Knowledge(Religions):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Mr. DM, why does the dice roller hate Garesh?


You have clearly pissed off the wrong guy, or guys upstairs.


Vuk holds the open wound on his arm, "I have a small bite, but I feel rather weak."

Current HP: 10/11; Current str: 17/18

Turning to Xen, "I may not be able to show you where it is, but I could get us there as quickly as possible if someone was to give me a direction."


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

"I do not know where, but it may be a warning. Be on the lookout for little wild men. They are spriggans, vile, sadistic creatures."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

Marfya grant us aid, heal our wounds, and clense our bodies
1d6 ⇒ 5
--You are all healed 5 points of damage as divine power surrounds you. The priest holds his glowing holy symbol up in his hand.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"I don't mind spiders; that's standard guard duty. But I don't like this talk of premonitions and oracles. Father, lets find your ruin as fast as possible and be done with this."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--It's pretty slow going through this forest...I don't even know where the tomb is...I'm hoping we just, kind,of stumble on it...
--He continues But why did only Xenarchy see this vision? Is it because she is a woman? I have no idea...Something you aren't telling us?


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy shoots Isaak a glare and sighs exasperatedly, throwing up her arms. "Or perhaps it's the mysterious art of wizardry at work. If we spent some time studying the rates of prophecy amongst women and that amongst those that wield cosmic forces, which group do you think would show the greatest propensity?"

She crosses her arms and turns away, changing the topic, "I cannot say, depending on the age of the tomb and how much wear this region has suffered from natural erosion. However, a grand tomb would have required quarrying and a large amount of labour if not made solely by magic. If we can find the surface evidence of earthworks and masonry, we may be able to follow the ancient trails to the tomb itself. I would think that the quarrying and transport of massive stone blocks would leave enough evidence to last the ages."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--He rolls his eyes at Xenarchy and says "We both have some ability with magic, and we are both Rajul...So the first difference that strikes me is gender. That said, why should you be having visions...while my god and my skills leave me blind, searching for clues in the dark..."
With all his skills Father Isaak is useless in Nature and Survival...green things scare him


"I say we carry on the way we are for now then. I can keep an eye out for signs of ancient construction."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

As pointed out before it should be failry large, if not massive. I think the tomb was mentioned to be quite large, at least in Alcanthraxas' Guide to Ancient Elf Sites but that book is 400 years old now.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"Maybe the vision is a clue towards the tomb, let us keep an eye out for these spriggans you speak of. The arcane and divine much act in random at times, so this vision may be an old sign the ancient elves have left us to help find the tomb. My lady Xen do you know what kind of areas these "spriggans" like call home?"

He looks around oodly for a moment he acts as he waves off a fly, but nothing is there, "Though I might be more understanding in seeing random visions being that spirits have roamed around me all my life." He gives Xen a genuine smile and follows Vuk.


--It seems you will not make the hill until past nightfall. Is it better to press on in darkness...or to make camp?


I'd prefer to make camp. Would like to sleep off this poison.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"Well, priest, I can tell you where you won't find your tomb. Right here. So I suggest we resume looking for it elsewhere."


-It could be dangerous to press on in the forest. only Roh-Kai could see unless you use a light...There are 2 hours of daylight left, and it's about 6 hours to the tomb.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

I second sleeping off the poison as well but should to move away from the dead spiders incase there are more in the area.

"Let us move for another hour, then set up camp. I want to move away from this area incase these vermin's kin are in the area."


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy sweeps a fallen log with a wave of cleaning magic and sits down on it. "I have no special ability to see in the dark and I am not used to guard duty. In my life before this adventure, I worked as something of a town mystic. Keeping an eye out for ambush was not something I ever expected I'd have to do."


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"We learn many new things while traveling my dear." He gives her a smile.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"My clansmen would normally push though the night. But since you are unaccustomed to such a life we should make camp. I agree that should we wait here, we risk attack. But if we continue forward we risk encountering new threats. Either way we will need a guard."


-You push on for an hour, before making camp in a small clearing... I'm going to roll's Vuk survival in secret. He get's a +2 for aid another as you'd all be helping him.I'd prefer you not to peak until you've posted

DM stuff:
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19

-The clearing is an ideal place to camp, it is about 20 feet across, circular in shape. A large boulder, about 3 feet high and 5 square explains why there is a clearing at all. It's slightly higher ground than the gametrail, but only a few feet from in. There is no water however, but you brought plenty from the river...
-Vuk points out a stump with blood stains on it, the stump is about 2 feet across, and in excellent condition, as if had been cut recently. There is a ring of white mushrooms with red caps around the stump.
Knowledge Nature DC 15:
This is a fairy ring, a place where fey creatures would gather. You also notice the forest has suddenly gotten quiet...too quiet...

Xenarchy:
Will Save DC 15


"This looks like a good place to camp, though it appears that it may have been used before by others."

Knowledge Nature:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19, +4 vs fear, +1 vs divine (if applicable)


Xenarchy:
Something, or somebody just tried to charm you
...


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy blinks and grits her teeth. Immediately, she is up and alert. "Draw your weapons and watch out. Something just tried to seize control of my mind!" She adjusts the glove on her right hand and moves her fingers in arcane paths through the air, incanting a spell upon herself.

Xenarchy casts charm person (DC 15) on herself.

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The sorceress gains a strange, puzzled expression. Suddenly, she likes herself a lot more than usual but the makeshift barrier against mental intrusion is better than nothing.


Vuk leaps to his feet as he draws his sword. "Who or what is attacking you?!"

He scans the area, looking for anything that could pose a threat.
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


There is nothing here....or perhaps there is "no thing here".
knowledge religion checks...


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Knowledge(religion):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Garesh brings up his sheild and longsword, "Creature come out and face us, or just run away and hide."


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Untrained Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Maximum result: 10

Xenarchy remains alert and agitated. "I cannot see the origin of the intrusion."


Garesh:
The area is a haunt ,a sort of magical undead trap. They can only be gotten rid off by finding why the ghost/ghosts are there, and putting something right again. Even if you 'kill' the spirits it will be back again.


--You could swear something is laughing at you...but maybe you it's your imagination.


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

More mind games. This isn't what I signed up for
Roh-Kai readies his double axe and scans the area for any threat.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"Let us try and move on, looks like our dear Xen has walked into a Haunt. If we can't locate the ghosts the will plague us all not and even destorying the things might not get rid of it, let us get moving."


"Onward then." Vuk leads the group a good distance from the haunt while looking for another spot to camp.


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

"Hrm. What a waste. At least for the next hour or so, if the need arises, I can compel myself to do something I wouldn't ordinarily do."


Male Human

"We wants it. We needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!
No! Not master.
Yes precious. First they will cheat you, hurt you, LIE.
Master's my friend!
You don't have any friends, nobody likes you!
I'm not listening, I'm not listening.
You're a liar and a thief!
No!
Mur-der-er."

That night, compelled to do something she wouldn't ordinarily do, Xenarchy kills her comrades in their sleep and takes back the precious.


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--But this is a research expedition? Shouldn't we try to find out more? Although, if we die nobody will get the notes...


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy stops and frowns. "Alright." She turns to Garesh. "You seem to know what this thing is. How do we put an end to it?"


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

"As I said before, find the source ghost and try to eliminate it but........that doesn't always do the trick. These matters are always fickle, hehe."


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"What has this matter to deal with your research, father? You are proposing that we study something we do not understand that has the possibility of becoming very dangerous, and possibly lethal? Let us continue on and hope these spirits do not disturb us."


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

Well, to be honest, the boars and spiders could have been lethal, and I'm sure something lethal will await us in the tomb itself. Of course, I'm happy to run screaming into the night...also, how do we know the 'ghost' won't simply 'haunt' us even if we leave. Notice it doesn't seem to be trying to bother us any more...

Xenarcy:
A vision, harmless, passes into your eyes. A Pixie tied to the tree stump, as two spriggans cut its wings off. The sprigans torture the pixie to a gory and horrible death, and then throw its body into a marshsy spot, about 300 feet west of the stump...


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

"You hired me to protect you. I protected you from the spiders, and buck protected you from the boars. But this is different. You are asking me to protect you from something I can't see, can't touch, and can't kill. If these ghosts do turn out to be dangerous, I can't guarantee you safety. Now I understand the same could end up applying at the ruin, but at least that's what we came here for. Why go poking around in something that doesn't concern us? I can't guarantee you the spirits haunting this place won't follow us if we leave, but I feel it's probably a lot less likely than if we stay."


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy pauses again and emits a queit hiss of displeasure. "This way. If we do not end this now, it may follow us forever." She indicates toward the marsh west of the blood-stained stump.

301 to 350 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.