Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mir

Game Master HarbinNick

Pbp set in the world of Mir
1st level, 20 point buy, APG,UM,UC allowed, standard gold, 1 racial trait 1 campaign trait


251 to 300 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Hmm. Xenarchy couldn't have actually colour sprayed the boars from there. I thought they moved around into the cone.


Doesn't matter, as...
-Vuk, having realized the extreme danger he is in, swings his sword in a careful arc, slicing the head clean off the first boar, before backhanding the second sleeping boar through its lungs. Both bodies twitch, and go still.Dinner tonight is going to be good.


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--Anybody hurt? The forest has many dangers...there may be bigger animals than boars here...


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Xenarchy flicks a few lingering threads of mind-searing light from her fingertips. She approaches the corpses with an easy confidence. "I have suffered nothing save the indignity of having expended energy on mere animals. Nevertheless, it has been some time since I have had a satisfying meal of wild boar. Shall we?"


Vuk cleans the remains of the boars from his sword. He pulls out a dagger and begins preparing them for travel. "I am fine and will just need a few minutes to finish cutting these up. Looks like boar is on the menu for tonight!"


--The party, with two dressed boar, continues through the forest. It becomes denser, and slower going. The path narrows to a mere 2 feet, and the undergrowth is thicker, with briars and downed trees. You still head west...
Party perception checks. Vuk, leading the way also needs to make a survival check
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9Isaak's perception. He sees trees.


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--A tree, another tree, so many trees, A leaf, hmmm. A bird in a tree. he rambles outloud.


Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8add +2 if vs animals

Survival:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


DM roll
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Just so you know, the undergrowth is now heavy, meaning you can't charge or run through it...you also can't see farther than 100 feet into the forest. You can see down the game trail as normal however.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Vuk nice work dealing with the bigs, your truly are skilled with that blade."


"Thank you Garesh, there were plenty of animals to hunt outside my village so I've had plenty of practice. I hope I'm as skilled if we face intelligent foes as well."

Apparently Garesh is distracting me :)


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

It's what I do!

"When it comes to it my boy Vuk, in the end we are all just animals in nature." The moon elf points to the ground, "Are there any other humaniod tracks on this trail? Or is it just beast?"


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Xenarchy scoffs, "We are hardly beasts, for we possess the power to defy nature. They are bound by it."


Waiting for Roh Kai


Xenarchy:
A sudden head ache passes through you, and you see a visio. A small fairy, with butterfly wings, is tied down to a tree stump. Two little men are tearing off her wings,and pouring some kind of acid over her face...the fairy screams in pain...and the vision ends. Something terrible lives in this forest...This is not a spell, simply a vision due to your fey heritage


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Perception check1d20 ⇒ 5


Making another map now...


And it's on
--Vuk feels the taste of spiderweb in his mouth, but it is too late. He is stuck in a web...and a gaint spider leaps from hiding in the trees to bite him
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
--It's jaws easily punch through your coat, and you feel the posion enter your body,
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11Vuk's Fort Save
--Your vision blurs,your hands feel heavy,and sweaty and you know you have been poisoned...
You take 2 points of damage from the bite, as well as 1 point of STR damage. You can save against next round.You are stuck in the web, which gives you the entangled condition -2 to attack,-4 to DEX and you can't leave the square. Break DC is 12


-A second spider leaps from hiding and stikes at the elf, trying to bite into him...1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20, it easily penetrates his skin, and the posion enters his body
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d6 ⇒ 1
-Garesh screams, as the spider barely grazes his skin, but the poison burns his body...and his arms go limp. He can hear the blood slowing, and the world slowing down.
1 point of damage, and 1 point of STR damage
-A third spider attacks Roh-Kai
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 It finds an exposed spot in his armor,
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 The tough orc, used to such things, simply shrugs off the poison as if it's nothing...
1d6 ⇒ 2 The bite is bad, but Roh-Kai has seen worse things...
2 points of damage, no posion
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Initiative rolls please, spiders are on 17
Father Isaak init1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

--Help him to punish those who strike your servant,guide his hand Mother Marfay the priest begs...
Casting Guidance on Vuk, giving him +1 to a single roll of his choice


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

Even before Vuk stumbles into the spiderweb, Xenarchy tenses and tilts forward. She issues a pained hiss and places a hand on her chest. Quivering, she almost falls to her knees but steadies herself in time to see the spider descend.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

As the spider's fangs sink into his flesh, Roh-Kai lets out a resounding roar. The sound could come from pain, but his face shows only rage that such a creature would dare harm him.
Initiative Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Initiative Roll:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Map is up here. I will convert it to an editable map if the spiders are still alive when I get home from work today.


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Feeling a little light headed from the influx of poison Garesh steadies himself and getting ready for the fight with the spider.

Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

I'm going to bed now, so not to hold you up for the next eight or so hours, I'll write my actions now and they can take place on my initiative.

Xenarchy takes a 5-foot step Southwest to G7, uses a move action to draw her light crossbow and fires at the nearest spider.

Ranged attack +1, -4 penalty for firing into melee: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6


order is
Roh kai on 21
Garesh
Father Isaak 19"went already"
Spiders
Xenarchy fires crossbow goes wide...
Roh-Kai
remember Isaak can channel healing should he need to,
I'm going to wait and let Roh-Kai swing at the spider, he might be able to kill it outright...


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

How big are the spiders? Giant spiders come in quite a lot of sizes these days.

Roh-Kai draws his axe and turns to face the spider.
Attack Rolls1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage Rolls1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Medium...I see you're 2 weaponing it...Anyway only the forst one hits...which is not enough to kill it. 16 HP.
Roh-Kai scream, and brings an axe blade down on the spider. He slices through three legs in total...but the beast is still up...and angry...
it has 6 HP.
Garesh?


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh attempts to hit the spider with his longsword but fails to connect.
Longsword strike:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Rolling for critical fumble1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
-Garesh drops his sword on the ground, actually it goes 10 feet behind him...D9.
Critical fumble means you drop your weapon...none of that crazy 'you cut off your own head stuff'


DM rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Garesh Save 1d20 ⇒ 16
Vuk Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

-The spiders try to attack, but they are too slow, and fail to hurt anyone....the elf and ranger shrug off the poisonous bites...
You both saved
Vuk has a turn and then top of the order...
Roh kai
Garesh
Father Isaak
Spiders
Xenarchy
Vuk


New editable map is up HERE

You'll need to click "Edit in browser" at the top of the sheet. Once you've made your changes, just click file > close. Your changes will be saved.


Vuk reals at the poison flowing through him as he draws his sword and swings at the spider next to him.

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage:2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 1) + 7 = 12

And technically Garesh and I should make our saves on our turn, but I'll take two passes :)


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

As the moon elf flings his blade the other direction, he shakes his head like he realizes something "I understand Master Ios, you wish for me to smash these creatures." He more confidently grabs his light mace and swings it at the spider.

Mace strike:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
And misfortune for the next spider that connects with a player.

"Guess you didn't wish for me to use that weapon as well."


Garesh forgot, and I like to hurry things along...
-The hunter's blade cuts off one of the spider's legs entirely, which lays jerking on the ground. However it doesn't seem to notice the pain at all, its eyes still staring at you...

knowledge nature DC 10:
Spiders are vermin, and are almost mindless


-The mace flies off the same direction as the sword...
This oracle really IS cursed...I'm going to wait for garesh, since I'm pretty sure he will waste his spider...


Male Rajul Bard1 Cleric1

And in those days, did mighty men slay dragons...So did Mikhail Giant Killer, Son of Semyon the Bold, on the hill of iron, where the great dragon Vercingetrax...Father Isaak launches into an old saga from the 2nd dragon wars...a thrilling tale of great heroes.
+1 to attack and +1 to damage for everyone...bardic courage. You don't get it this round...Garesh and Roh-Kai...but you get it next round...check order...


Vuk Mänork wrote:

Vuk reals at the poison flowing through him as he draws his sword and swings at the spider next to him.

Attack:1d20+4
Damage:2d6+7

And technically Garesh and I should make our saves on our turn, but I'll take two passes :)

Remember that was your attack from round 1, you're at the bottom of the order...we are now on round 2...Garesh and Isaak have already acted...


shoot, forgot that my to-hit should have been 2 lower due to the web


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Hefting his double axe, Roh-Kai attempts to plunge the head into the spider. Single attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Seeing the death throes of the now lifeless spider, Roh-Kai moves to help the floundering oracle. Move to H9


-The one spider continues its attacks on the elf

DM:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d6 ⇒ 4damage
1d20 ⇒ 18save vs poison

-This time, the spider catches your hand, and bites deep into your arm...lucky for you, no poison enters your system.
4 points of damge
The other spider continues it's attacks on the man in the web
DM:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d6 ⇒ 5damage
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8save vs poison

-Vuk is able to twist around in the web, and avoid being bitten again...


Xenarchy and Vuk...Include Father Isaaks bonus please...Don't forget you are in the web...


Vuk attempts to dismember the rest of the spider.

Attack roll:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage roll:2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 = 17


-It's a smear...you reduce it to bits...


Female Human/Fey? Sorcerer 2

I may be absent for a time again. For when my turn arrives:

"Be glad I have even less chance of hitting either of you than I do this verminous filth.

Xenarchy remains where she is, reloads her crossbow and fires at the same spider.

Ranged attack +2, -4 penalty for firing into melee, -2 penalty for entangled: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6


Round 3!


Male Orc Fighter/2 [HP 23/23; AC: 17/15/12; Init +4; F+6, R+2, W+0; Perc +1]

Roh-Kai attempts to dispatch the last remaining spider.
Attack roll using both ends of the axe:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage rolls1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


-it's paste...combat time over.


DM Nick wrote:

-it's paste...combat time over.

Wasn't there three mobs?


male Moon Elf Oracle(dual cursed)-1

Garesh goes and collects his weapons looking them over and wondering if his god didn't want him to have them. After a moment of waiting he shrugs and takes them both back. "So that was an embarrsing fight for me, haha."

251 to 300 of 443 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.