Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

MiniGM's Unlikely Heroes Campaign

Game Master Vuvu


451 to 500 of 527 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Unnamed

Reknar I meant that it sounded like you thought the new one was a long spear

Roll reflex please


HP: 6/12 || Perception +1 || Init +2 || Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7

Ah gotcha... So I simply attacked with it then, right? Now to decipher if that 'sliding' through the magical barrier is something special, or color text :D

Apologies for the Reflex - didn't read the post completely :P

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Unnamed

It's just color text. And yes you just attacked with t.

Silver Crusade

M | HP 14/14| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +5; Reflex: +3; Will: +1| Init: +3| Perception: +6| 1 Cavalier

Not sure the AoO possibilities with no tactical map, but let's assume Galen would not move to incur such attacks. Since I think the foes all have crossbows at this point, it may not matter much. Also, I included shaken in my attacks, but you can remove if its not a factor.

Moving forward to take on the gnomish caster who tried to immolate Reknar, Galen tries to make his day really bad with his longsword but his stroke is not well aimed against so short a foe, and passes over the caster's head harmlessly.

Galen longsword,shaken: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5


Unnamed
MiniGM wrote:


The other two drop their weapons and advance drawing maces. One moves into a flank with the other, both on Galen, one waiting for the other to arrive before they both attack

2d20 both miss

GO BELOW 15 INIT

Galen. You are flanked. I will assume you attacked one of the ones flanking you.

Silver Crusade

M | HP 14/14| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +5; Reflex: +3; Will: +1| Init: +3| Perception: +6| 1 Cavalier
Mini GM wrote:

Galen. You are flanked. I will assume you attacked one of the ones flanking you.

Sorry, guess I missed that. Will also 5' step then out of the flank if possible.


Unnamed

yup! You can step out of flank. They can step back in of course, but for now you are safe!


HP: 6/12 || Perception +1 || Init +2 || Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7
MiniGM wrote:

It's just color text. And yes you just attacked with t.

Thanks for clarifying MiniGM. Who's next?


Unnamed

Alex is up


Female Human Cleric of Desna 1 | HP 9/9 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | AC (17/12/15) | Saves +(3/2/6) |
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

Wait... should I use this round to get over the stuff - or am I already over it?

How far are the bandits?


Unnamed

You are not over the stuff

Once on the other side you can reach any of the bandits in a single move


Female Human Cleric of Desna 1 | HP 9/9 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | AC (17/12/15) | Saves +(3/2/6) |
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

Alex will scramble over the stuff for a full round action.


Unnamed

The bandit in the corner reloads his crossbow.

The other two step back into a flank and attack Galen

2d20 ⇒ (12, 10) = 22 but both maces clang off his heavy armor ineffectively.

The gnomish caster steps back and pulls a red gem out of a pouch at his waist. He holds it high in the air

Stop now or I will smash this fireball gem and slay us all!

Those below 15 can act


Female Human Cleric of Desna 1 | HP 9/9 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | AC (17/12/15) | Saves +(3/2/6) |
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

How heavily armed does the gnome look?


M Dwarf 1 Cleric, HP 11/11, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 4, F 4 R 1 W 7, CMB 3 CMD 14 (18)

Nic will move past any foe he has to so he can attack the gnome directly. Take AOO, if he has any. He twirls his morning star and tries to bash the gnome's skull.

att, inspire bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5;damage, inspire bonus: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

dex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The cleric's fingers are slick with perspiration and his morningstar slips out of his grasp flying off over the gnome's head. "Blast it.

Silver Crusade

M | HP 14/14| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +5; Reflex: +3; Will: +1| Init: +3| Perception: +6| 1 Cavalier

Tiring of the bandits encircling him, Galen looks at the gnome's explosive gem, hoping the others wil handle as he looks to deliver a terrific wallop to one of the foes facing him. "Take that varlet, in the name of law and order!"

Galen longsword, shaken?: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Unnamed

He is just in robes

However the readied action goes off the second Nic moves

The gnome shouts then we all die!

He tosses the gen towards the middle of the room.

Nic and Galen you can retcon if you like. You can ignore it, try to catch it or something else. If you ignore it I will just take you action already posted after the result of it is over


M Dwarf 1 Cleric, HP 11/11, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 4, F 4 R 1 W 7, CMB 3 CMD 14 (18)

I knew he was had a gem, but Nic thought it was bluff. I don't recon, I'll play it out.

"So, yer not bluff'n."


Unnamed

sounds good! I couldn't figure out a way to let you know there was a ready without letting you know he had a ready...see why our intrepid rogue does!

Sovereign Court

Male Human rogue 1-- HP- 8/8 (sub) 8/8 AC 15 T- 13 FF-12 Fort +0 Ref +5 Will +3

Oh me? Oh jeez!


Female Human Cleric of Desna 1 | HP 9/9 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | AC (17/12/15) | Saves +(3/2/6) |
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

Can I act?


Unnamed

Not yet Alex. I believe you are above 15 init. We are in the roles. Once they have all acted and Galen decides if he is keeping his action you will be able to

Silver Crusade

M | HP 14/14| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +5; Reflex: +3; Will: +1| Init: +3| Perception: +6| 1 Cavalier

If possible, Galen will try to catch the gem before it crashes into the ground. What's the check for that? You can roll it if you like, once you determine what the check is. Probably leaves me open to AoO's from my foes, but will see if Galen can play the hero...


Unnamed

Sounds like a reflex check to me Galen! Go for it. Prob have to drop you sword unless you have an idea that makes sense. I don't have one but I'm sure it is possible

Silver Crusade

M | HP 14/14| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +5; Reflex: +3; Will: +1| Init: +3| Perception: +6| 1 Cavalier

Dropping his sword and diving to the floor despite the opportunity this provides to his melee foes, Galen tries to slip his mailed glove between the exploding gem and the hard floor, hoping desperately to save all inside the room from instant immolation.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Meh...


Unnamed

Galen snags the gem before it strikes the ground, meanwhile the thugs dive to the ground hoping to avoid the flames

Go ahead the rest of the below 15 and the above 15


HP: 6/12 || Perception +1 || Init +2 || Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7

Reknar continues hot on the caster's heels, exhaling sharply after Galen manages to catch the gem - "I won't let you try something like that again!" - he roars, thrusting with the magical spear.

Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"And the rest of you better lay down your weapons, or else!" - he adds, even if he is not looking at their remaining adversaries.

Sovereign Court

Male Human rogue 1-- HP- 8/8 (sub) 8/8 AC 15 T- 13 FF-12 Fort +0 Ref +5 Will +3

shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"eat bolt stupid gnome!"

He added firing a round of his crossbow at the gnome Reknar was stabbing at for good measure.


Unnamed

Thorin's bolt skitters off a magical shield, while Reknar once again pushes through the shield and plunges the spear into the gnomes heart, he falls, apparently dead

Immediately the other bandits drop their weapons and from their positions on the ground they hold up their hands

We yield!!

Silver Crusade

M | HP 14/14| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +5; Reflex: +3; Will: +1| Init: +3| Perception: +6| 1 Cavalier

Breathing heavily from the exertion and adrenaline rush of catching the exploding gem, Phineas relaxes while lying prone as the foes yield. When it appears safe, he stands and hands the gem to Alexandra.

"Not sure what this is, but better safe than sorry! Hope it was a decoy, but that seemed a very near run thing. What to do now with these brigands? I have a bit of rope to tie them up if that is what we see fit." He grabs his fallen sword and resheathes it, slinging the shield on his back, and grabbing the rope from his pack if called for.


M Dwarf 1 Cleric, HP 11/11, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 4, F 4 R 1 W 7, CMB 3 CMD 14 (18)

"Now that worked as planned." Nic's apparently pleased with the results. "Now who 'ere stuffed me in the box?" The cleric eyes each brigand carefully. "Now, don't lie...won't be much pleased wit you if you lie."

Does Nic recognize any of them? He's not sure if there were any other bandits involved in his kidnapping other than those already dealt with.

perception, if needed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Unnamed

1d100 ⇒ 87

The one with the crossbow is definitely the one that poured the slop you got to eat into the box sans bowl

Galen roll a perception or knowledge arcana, engineering or spellcraft or umd


HP: 6/12 || Perception +1 || Init +2 || Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7

"Let's search and tie them up first Nic - then you can chat all you want" - Reknar chuckles, agreeing with Galen and moving to relieve the brigands of any weapons and valuables, to then tie them up.


Unnamed

3 heavy crossbows
2 clw potions
3 maces
1 dagger
1 red gem-spellcraft needed or alchemy
2d25 ⇒ (22, 1) = 23 gold
2 scrolls
1 wand

Is the loot

Silver Crusade

M | HP 14/14| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +5; Reflex: +3; Will: +1| Init: +3| Perception: +6| 1 Cavalier

Not really understanding much about magic stuff, Galen gives the gem he caught the once-over before handing it to Alexandra. The cavalier works with Reknar to bind the captives, making a pile of their loot on the floor of the chamber. "If those are curative potions, I think our candy-maker can use one right now. He looks a bit pale after taking those attacks, but my what a brave fool he is for leaping into the fray!" He pats Thorin on the back and gives him a respectful nod.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Galen isn't trained in any of those other skills, which is why he's giving to one of the casters. Figured Nic would be busy extracting his pound of flesh from the captives, so Alex could work on it...


HP: 6/12 || Perception +1 || Init +2 || Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7

I think only Nic has Spellcraft. In any case, please remember there is a 'rudimentary' loot list under my profile. We currently have three identified, unclaimed CLW pots (assumed to be part of 'group loot' and thus available to anyone who needs it?).

In any case, I am adding this list to the other, and will update it items get identified. For now:

reknar gives all the items a 'once over' - you notice his eyes gleam a pale blue as he observes the pile.

Using Detect Magic.


Unnamed

Reknar:

That's strange...that fireball gem is NOT glowing even a little


Unnamed

What is everyone else doing?

Sovereign Court

Male Human rogue 1-- HP- 8/8 (sub) 8/8 AC 15 T- 13 FF-12 Fort +0 Ref +5 Will +3

"Oh man sorry guys, I dont know what came over me.. just bandits you know... every merchants bane."

He began standing up and dusting himself off frowning He wriggled his finger through the hole in his shirt and armor from where he had been hit.

"Save the potions Mr. Nic healed me right up but man that was close."

He began still looking green in the face.. he had been so close to dying so close... His eyes widened and he hurried to the side of the room.

fort: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

He tried to quietly wretch but it was no good, the idea he could be dead made him sick to his stomach.. that or it was all the exertion and sugar rush. He yakked in the corner of the room for a moment wiping his mouth on his sleeve and still looking a little pale.

"Oh man i sorry again guys... ugh that looks way more gross coming out then in."

He moved closer to the bandits still looking a bit green in the gills.


Unnamed

One of the bandits tries to pull away.

Aw man don't yurk on me...


Female Human Cleric of Desna 1 | HP 9/9 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | AC (17/12/15) | Saves +(3/2/6) |
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

Alex sighs. "Calm down Thorin. Nic and I can patch you right up with some good ol' celestial magic."

How many bandits surrendered?


HP: 6/12 || Perception +1 || Init +2 || Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7

"Hang in there kid, you'll be just fine" - Reknar laughs - "And that red gem" - he nods at Galen - "Has nothing magical about it... Seems the deceased was bluffing"


M Dwarf 1 Cleric, HP 11/11, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 4, F 4 R 1 W 7, CMB 3 CMD 14 (18)

"Jus yer nerves...Candyman. Have some sugar take the edge off." Nic isn't really concerned about the loot right now - unless someone points something out to him. His attention is on the bandit that fed him the slop. "Oy, I recognize you." The dwarf's eyes beam with justice. "You are going to feel Lady Iomedae's hand of justice when we git back to town." He grabs the bandit's hands and begins to binds them behind the man's back.


Unnamed

tossing the gem then?

3 bandits

now what

go back home? search another path? search the room? something else?


M Dwarf 1 Cleric, HP 11/11, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 4, F 4 R 1 W 7, CMB 3 CMD 14 (18)

"So," He takes a scruff of bandit hair, "What else is hidin' in this cave?" He pushes him towards the others.

Nic is not opposed to continued exploration and searching the room and complex, he'll drag the tied and gagged bandits with him, if necessary.

Once he has a few minutes he will do a detect magic on the loot.

spellcraft, when necessary: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


HP: 6/12 || Perception +1 || Init +2 || Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7

Agreed on continuing the exploration, but I say keep the gem anyway, at least as a memento ;)

First things first - explore this area/room once the bandits are secured.


M Dwarf 1 Cleric, HP 11/11, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 4, F 4 R 1 W 7, CMB 3 CMD 14 (18)

Oh yes, keep the loot. We can figure out what it does when we get a few minutes to focus on the items.

"I'll take one of those potions, jus in case I run out of healin'. I git tired at the end of long days."


Unnamed

Nothin else magic

Perception on the room


Female Human Cleric of Desna 1 | HP 9/9 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | AC (17/12/15) | Saves +(3/2/6) |
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

Alex will detect magic as well. (Forgot to do that earlier...)

Who's hurt, and how bad? (Sorry for all the questions)


Unnamed

Nothing new on detect magic

451 to 500 of 527 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MiniGM's Un-named, Un-recruited Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.