Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

MiniGM's Council of Thieves

Game Master Vuvu

Council of Thieves Map


1 to 50 of 4,144 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Unnamed

I won't be posting much until my computer issues are solved but you can post you have all been contacted and invited to a meeting at a tavern during the daylight. Each of you can please post how this meeting occurred and what your reason for attending. Your contact will not be there when you arrive just the other pcs and a bartender. Each of you was offered a chance to restore westcrown to its former glory

The Exchange

Dot from Hippa: Creating Avatar


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

Dot.


Unnamed

You all find yourselves at Vizio's tavern, after being contacted by a woman named Janivan. The tavern is all but empty, save a bartender and a few others...all who are obviously there to meet with someone

DC 10 Local for Janivan:
Janivan’s not
unknown in Westcrown. She’s worked for several guilds
and mercantile interests, sometimes as a caravan guard
but more often as a city guide and bodyguard for visiting
merchants and business partners that the guilds want to
keep out of trouble with local thugs or the shadow beasts
that patrol the streets at night. Janiven has a reputation
of being a bit rash (for example, she recently dragged her
charge half-dressed out of a whorehouse when he refused
to head back to a safer part of town before sundown) but
quite trustworthy—everyone the PCs talk to has nothing
but praise for the woman.

Local 10 for Vizios:

named for the
family that once ran the establishment. Vizio’s was a place
where merchant guards went to relax, gripe about their
employers, and look for more work. Several months ago,
however, the Vizio patriarch passed away, and the surviving
family moved out of Westcrown to go live with kin in
distant Corentyn.

Local 15 for Vizio's:
The tavern has stood empty since, but
a DC 15 Knowledge (local) or Diplomacy check is enough
to reveal that the place has new owners reputed to be a
half-elf man and a human woman—although they seem
to be taking their time getting the tavern off the ground
and open for business.

Dark Archive

Male Human Aristocrat 6 (hp 47/47)(Subdual 42/47)
Defense:
AC=10 (+0 armor, +1 Shield) FF-10 Touch=10 Fort+2 Ref+0 Will+3
skills:
Perception+4,Sense Motive+4,Stealth - 1
Init=+1

dot knw local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

This was certainly a most curious thing to happen, a letter from the somewhat infamous Janivan. Her exploits ...particularly amongst the nobles for dragging that foolish boy from that whorehouse tickled his memory. It was strange that he got a letter however. It made him wonder what indeed was going on. Was someone trying to black mail him? Did Eliza somehow send a letter through her for him or the like? He nervously took a seat at a table with his back to a wall watching for some sign of what was going on.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

Taking 10 on Kn. (local)
10+8=18

My friends and I miss this place. It was right over there (points to a table) that's where I won my lucky throwing axe. I certainly respect Janivan. We worked a couple of jobs together.


vitals:
HP: 45/45, AC: 11(11)_ T: 11_ FF: 11 Percep +5: Init+4, F: +3_/ R: +2_/ W:+8;+2 language dep/fear/despair) , CMB: +2, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Gnome Adept 7, Mythic 1 (Hierophant)

Taking 10, untrained for local. I figure people know her and her reputation more than she keeps track of them and just focused on the task at hand.

Despite her small stature, you know exactly where Hippa sits. She is the burst of color sipping some butterrum in the middle of the room. The many-hued chaotic assembly of small bones, ribbons, wearable holy symbols dangling from the propped ?staff?spear?miniatureflagpole? leaning against the table tends to draw your eye to puzzle out the items for identification. No favorites amongst the gods or favored by all. Hard to tell. After a quick scan around the near empty tavern and no obvious need for her services she settles down for some quiet introspection, lost in her own thoughts. Someone would disturb her eventually, they always do.


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

-Posted with Wayfinder


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

It was surprising for Sevros to receive a visitor asking for him at Kalaris' Thimble and Needle. He didn't recognize the woman at first but after a short conversation he remembered helping to heal her father one or two months earlier. When he had met her previously her cheeks were wet with tears and her face twisted with worry and pain due to her father's condition. She was much more beautiful today as she offered gratitude for Sevros' services, handing him a small pouch that clinked with the sound of coins that he would not accept. Knowing that her father was doing well was payment enough.

Before she turned to go she handed Sevros a letter. "My father asked me to pass this letter to you. He says Old Cheliax needs more friends like you."

He opened the letter after she left the shop and was taken aback by the invitation from Janivan. He had heard stories of her exploits and always wondered to what degree the entertaining rumors were true.

Visios during the day. What was the meaning of this invitation? A simple tavern opening? The language in the letter, if he let himself read between the lines, seemed like more than just that.

It could be a trap... there was only one way to know for sure.

Dressed in the clothing he usually wears to further Kalaris business interests in noble houses with his father, he makes his way to Visios. He takes a non-direct route and frequently looks over his shoulder to see if he's being followed. When he doesn't notice a tail he's relieved but that feeling is quickly replaced with paranoia as he wonders if someone following him might be so skilled that it would escape his notice.

He approaches Visios with caution, not sure what to expect.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

A brawny but short half-orc, Brannock takes a minute to look at the assembled people in the tavern. His heavy brow knits in consternation and thought.

Spoiler:

Inner Monologue
Glancing around the room- Hmmm a halfling with some holy symbols and a strange looking spear. I think I may have seen her bustling about at night. Oh wait a minute. I know her- she heals all the local pets for the children!

Notices drunk noble in corner- Hmpf, I wonder what his kind is doing here. I hope he knows how to hold his liquor. I'm really not looking forward to "playing" bouncer tonight.

Looking at Sevros- Ahh that gentleman I know or at least I have seen him at work. He has healed several people I know were badly beaten, including myself once.
End Inner Monologue


Walking over to Sevros
"Good evening sir. Your face is known to me. I am Brannock, a simple guard for hire, yet you did me a kindness several months ago healing a couple of bruised ribs I suffered after chasing some bullies away from a local child. I am glad to see you here and offer my thanks again for your help. Did you also receive a letter from Janivan?"


M Human Adept 1/Expert 4 Init +1, Per +10 HP 27/27, AC 15/11/15, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +9

Take 10 on Knowledge (local) for 17

Upon arriving at Vizio's, Auði takes a look around the tavern, curious why its been taking so long to get things opened up again.
Take 10 on Profession (barkeep) for 16

Several of the others seem quiet. When two of the men begin speaking, Auði takes advantage of the cover of their conversation to approach the bartender. "Nice to see you have Vizio's open again. How has business been?"


Unnamed

Slow would be the most appropriate word I suppose. What's ya having?

Dark Archive

Male Human Aristocrat 6 (hp 47/47)(Subdual 42/47)
Defense:
AC=10 (+0 armor, +1 Shield) FF-10 Touch=10 Fort+2 Ref+0 Will+3
skills:
Perception+4,Sense Motive+4,Stealth - 1
Init=+1

He watched as the tavern slowly filled with a few other people. Certainly not locals by his guess, well not all of them. He sneered in distaste at the sight of the halfer who came through the door glancing about. A street tough at best. His hand strayed torwards His grandfathers halberd for just a moment then he watch the orcan blooded man head to one of the other guests as if he knew him. There was no trouble there then. His eyes slid over the halfing again almost ignoring the little maid till his eyes wandered across her spear... now that was an interesting peice of work. His quiet thoughts were interupted as his stomach protested being awake this early and empty. He glanced about for a serving girl to take an order, Though if he saw none he wouldnt hesistate to walk up for service, Even if the bartender was speaking with a familiar looking man he couldnt quite place. He knew he had seen the man before, his mind was just tying to place where.


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

Seeing a number of familiar faces brought comfort to Sevros as he walked into the tavern. He offered a few nods of recognition before he noticed the half-orc approaching.

Well met good sir. I do remember you but I'm sorry to say your name escapes me. I'm Sevros Kalaris. Sevros extends his hand for a shake. I did receive a letter from Janivan, it was a surprise as I've never met her in person. Have you?

Sevros' raven familiar (forgot about him) is perched on the roof watching for any signs of unwanted attention from authorities.


Unnamed

[ioc] whatever your familiar names?[/ooc]

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Sevros Kalaris wrote:

Seeing a number of familiar faces brought comfort to Sevros as he walked into the tavern. He offered a few nods of recognition before he noticed the half-orc approaching.

Well met good sir. I do remember you but I'm sorry to say your name escapes me. I'm Sevros Kalaris. Sevros extends his hand for a shake. I did receive a letter from Janivan, it was a surprise as I've never met her in person. Have you?

[/b]I am Brannock Geldarg. I have acted as a guard locally for several years, however we met after a scuffle in the streets. I have a tendency to stick up for the little guy. One of the local toughs took it upon himself to beat an orphan. Growing up in these streets as an orphan myself, I don't take kindly to their abuse. I was able to chase the man and his toadies off, but got a pair of bruised ribs for my trouble. Normally it would have taken a couple of days for them to heal. You saw what happened and were kind enough to offer your services.[/b]

Brannock glances around the room and then lowers his voice. [/b]I have met Janivan before. We served a couple of jobs together guarding some local businesses. I have a great respect for her and aleays thought we were of the same ilk.[/b]

Sevros notices though Brannock speaks slowly, he is much more articulate than his demeanor and station would suggest.


vitals:
HP: 45/45, AC: 11(11)_ T: 11_ FF: 11 Percep +5: Init+4, F: +3_/ R: +2_/ W:+8;+2 language dep/fear/despair) , CMB: +2, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Gnome Adept 7, Mythic 1 (Hierophant)

Outside
Suki, a black and grey tabby that follows Hippa, is across the street, sunning herself on a bench. She appears to be asleep yet tip of her tail twitches with every caw from the raven perched on the tavern roof. Suki is not adverse to the occasional passerby scratching her back.

Inside
A twitch of a smile betrays a bit of empathy Hippa shares with the cat as an unknown someone showers Suki with brief affection. It shakes her from her downward reverie of loss and debt. She lifts her eyes from the now empty tankard, Can't afford another, as she fingers a small pouch of discretionary funds for the week. She watches the light interaction of the man with orcish heritage dressed roughly and a fashionable young man wearing well tailored clothes. Odd couple that...and a bit familiar but couldn't place either of her thumbs on a memory, so must be in passing. A dark man giving "leave me alone vibes" with a bared bladed halberd and a jovial man talking up the bartender, Ahhh. And me, a foreign gnome who has homesteaded in Westcrown and yet to accept it. Taverns are the world's stew pot.


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

Sevros playfully refers to his raven friend as "Mr. Corvus." When they're out of the house, Mr. Corvus freely flies around somewhere near Sevros but doesn't usually sit on his shoulder or anything like that. At home, Mr. Corvus follows Sevros around and likes to be in the same room.

... I'm tied up in meetings for most of the day but will try to interact with the story when I can chisel out a few minutes.


Unnamed

np guys, we are at an odd slow down with the strange forums as they rollout the new forum

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

Just got home from work and then church. The portrait i selected for this character is pretty spot on for what I envisioned. As mentioned in his profile he is short for a half orc, standing only 5'9.


Unnamed

Suddenly the door bangs open and the woman all of you know as Janivan walks in

Again, thank you for agreeing to meet with me here. I have
chosen each of you for a singular reason—everyone here,
myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not.
I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love
this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace
and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be
an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to
our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and
famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has
prospered—but this safety and prosperity has been bought
in the coinage of fear and prayers to Hell. Other lands live
free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other
governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the
infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she
wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her
buildings and canals and docks and history—she is also her
people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers
and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters!
With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers
and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those
people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk
our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil
that is the fear! The government might not strive to free us from these terrors so it is time that we take matters into our own hands. It is up to us to bring Westcrown back from darkness”

Her speech ends and there is an odd moment of silence, both at her words AND at the abruptness of her speech, made without much introduction

Dark Archive

Male Human Aristocrat 6 (hp 47/47)(Subdual 42/47)
Defense:
AC=10 (+0 armor, +1 Shield) FF-10 Touch=10 Fort+2 Ref+0 Will+3
skills:
Perception+4,Sense Motive+4,Stealth - 1
Init=+1

"Tramtris didnt mean to look skeptical... It was a combination of the early morning and the rough night. The silence almost made things awkward. He rose glancing at the others there. "Interesting." He began almost wanting to give her a slight applause. "What do you propose we do? Build pamphlets, patrol streets at night train militia's to take back the city street by street. Will the ruling elite let us do such things I wonder?" He said approaching her.

Miss Janivan, she old? young? pretty? Plain? Just trying to place how he would respond to her aside from his early morning bitterness.

His tone wasnt entirely disrespectful if anything the way met her eyes said he held her in some esteem. It might indeed just be the young well dressed man's personality. " we spoke once on what problems I have with ...the status quo I believe, so you know you have but to ask and Halberd is yours... I wonder though about the others, they might have much more to lose." He added once more running his eyes over the others now measuring.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Brannock gives the noble a hard stare.

It would appear to me that you have the MOST to lose. Are you certain you know what lies down this path? No more nights of drunken carousing, bordellos or dicing with your other friends who enjoy a life of priviledge. Janivan speaks of waging war. Have you ever gone to war, Noble? Do you know what it entails?

You know my mettle, Janivan, or you would not have invited me. My arm is yours.

Dark Archive

Male Human Aristocrat 6 (hp 47/47)(Subdual 42/47)
Defense:
AC=10 (+0 armor, +1 Shield) FF-10 Touch=10 Fort+2 Ref+0 Will+3
skills:
Perception+4,Sense Motive+4,Stealth - 1
Init=+1

And yet Halfer... Im willing to lose it. Perhaps it is hard for you to understand a higher thought process beyond the base urges. The noble retorted returning the stare. "Perhaps has it occured to you, as one in that system i am imbued with a better since of its flaws. I see daily the lives destroyed, the sacrifices trivialized... where as you... you see YOUR struggles." he replied with a scowl for the half orc.

I promise its nothing personal in fact, tramtris is a bit depressed and cynical at the moment. He will work through it I think *lawls*He is probably a little racist. But in a society raised way if that makes sense. I cant imagine how being a chellish raised in the current regime he cant help but somehow have the beleifs that he is 'better'. Im sure of course that those attitudes will be changed as things move along. If that makes sense.


M Human Adept 1/Expert 4 Init +1, Per +10 HP 27/27, AC 15/11/15, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +9

Auði turns from the bartender at Janivan's abrupt entrance, "These men raise good questions Janivan. I have little to lose that I haven't already. My tavern has been impounded for what...spicy food and drink?!? War would be a poor choice though. We don't need to take up arms to make things better for the common men and women of Westcrown. Surely there are small things that could make things better for all. Only two weeks ago, my business was closed by the dottari when I refused to pay off common thugs. For years, I've had to let customers sleep on my floor because the government refuses to push back the shadows. Things should change."


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

Sevros is taken aback by Janivan's abrupt entrance and immediate presentation. He quietly considers Janivan's words and the questions from the other members of the assembly.

My family has done well in these years of stability thanks to the hard work of those in the older generations. My grandfather admitted to me that he was not pleased by the cost of the stability offered by House Thrune. That's when I realized I wasn't alone in feeling sickened by the way we keep our heads down and eyes averted as we carry out our daily grind.

He wraps his walking stick on the floor twice.

We need change and I lend my support to any idea that isn't outright suicidal.


Unnamed

Tram, I read your pm first, based on your RP, I will let you decide where you met.

I am not proposing taking war to House Thrune. I am proposing that we work to bring this cit from the ashes it sits in. The people of this city deserve to be able to go out on the streets at night, we deserve a voice in our city. What I propose amounts to taking the law into our own hands, we are working to create a little bit of freedom, easing the grip the Hellknights hold over us, forcing the government to free us of these shadow beasts. All of you know in your hearts that things could be better. But lets not focus on those things that caused me to contact you, let us focus on those things that could be.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

After listening and thinking on the responses from the others and on Janivan's words, Brannock looks at the gnome then at each individual... He then gives the noble a threatening grin.
It's a funny thing. For all of your talk of caring, I never saw you come to aid me in my struggles. You weren't there to stop the thugs from beating the widow Defu. No that was me. And you weren't there to heal her bloody scalp, no that was this man!
He points to Sevros.

I haven't seen you tend to the local children's animals, making sure the only friend some of these children have, lives, even if it is a sickly cat or dog. No that would be our short friend over there.
He points to Hippa.

I don't recall you opening up your home or your family's home at night to passersby so they would not violate curfew or become eaten by the shadows. No that was the friendly innkeep sitting there.
He glances at Audi.

You speak of me not knowing your mind, yet my judgements are based on actions. Perhaps it is you who should reserve judgement until you have seen our actions. Of course that would require you pull your face out of the drink first!

He pauses for moment, then his eyes grow wide with the realization of what he has just said. A grimace comes to his face.
I am sorry. I should not have said those things. I long ago learned it is usually better to think before speaking. It seems I need to relearn the lesson.

Janivan, YOU have gathered all of us here, so I will trust your assessment of the character of each person here. I have fought against these thugs in the streets since I was a boy. I welcome others to join me in my pursuit of cleaning up the streets.

He looks at Audi. I agree with you my friend. Janivan, what do you have in mind?


Unnamed

Janivan raises her arms.

We all come from different places and backgrounds, and we all have skills that make you necessary. We will never heal this city if we argue amongst ourselves. First I ask you all, what one thing would you change or fix about the city? Answer this and I suspect we will see what we all have in common.


vitals:
HP: 45/45, AC: 11(11)_ T: 11_ FF: 11 Percep +5: Init+4, F: +3_/ R: +2_/ W:+8;+2 language dep/fear/despair) , CMB: +2, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Gnome Adept 7, Mythic 1 (Hierophant)

Listening to the back and forth exchange of heated words from the tall folk, Hippa is glad she kept her silence thus far. Sometimes a sparse tavern led to the deadliest fights, no crowds to spread the damage or hide in. "You speak of a neighborhood watch taking back our corner of the Westcrown? Already doing that in my own way, you know this Janivan. Be nice to have some company instead of closed and shuttered windows. I am listening."

Hippa's finger traces the graffiti on the scarred tabletop as she speaks.


Unnamed

A neighborhood watched buffed up with all the magics in the world would be more accurate. We are the beginning, we must clean the whole city, not the corner of the block.

Dark Archive

Male Human Aristocrat 6 (hp 47/47)(Subdual 42/47)
Defense:
AC=10 (+0 armor, +1 Shield) FF-10 Touch=10 Fort+2 Ref+0 Will+3
skills:
Perception+4,Sense Motive+4,Stealth - 1
Init=+1

The cities a Large place Halfer, One cant be everywhere at once. He began not really that threatened by the half-orc. He surely looked feirce and that wasnt a bad thing, but it was daylight and he had some skill with his grandfather's weapon. Enough he wasnt about to be intimidated by some thug.
"You have my aide and interest such as it is, Miss Janivan, Surely you have others than we five to help you in such an undertaking, it is a big city after all. He began already seeing where he might have some use to such a group... after all, Nobility, even minor nobility led to certain advantages.
As to your question, what would i change first? The shadows that hunt. I added first because the list of ill's in this city are not few. Even the halfer has the right of some things, Everyone keeps a not so wary eye on themselves. Friends, neighbors, and families scheme and spy, and turn a blind eye to things they should be fixing, though as the fellow over there mentioned I would... be wary of anything that draws the ire of the hellknights directly. He added nodding torwards Sevros.

He ignored the halfers accusations of his inaction, the half breed knew absolutely nothing of him, a fault of his standing and birth, therefor not his fault at all really. But he didnt have to explain anything to the man. Tramtris pointedly kept his gaze from the half- orc and solely focused on Janivan.


M Human Adept 1/Expert 4 Init +1, Per +10 HP 27/27, AC 15/11/15, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +9

Auði nods, "I too would put the shadows first though I long to see an end to the thuggery. Sadly it is clear that some of the ruffians are well-connected. Showing the people that they can make a difference without bringing the dottari or worse, the hellknights down on them."

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

"It is possible more would come to our aid if they did not have to fear the shadow spawn. Do you know from where they come Janivan or how to destroy them?"

Brannock contemplated the noble pointedly looking elsewhere. Another that does not like to meet my eye. The truth cuts deep. If we fight the shadow spawn as he suggests we will soon see what he is made of.


Unnamed

I do not...I wish I did.

Sense Motive 15:
She seems worried and glances at the door

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Brannock's hand very slowly moves toward his weapon and he moves toward the the front of the inn.


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

The shadows may be a good place to start. We'll be breaking curfew but we're not directly challenging those who rule. Hopefully inquisitors and hell knights will be less of a concern.

My question, too, is how we plan to fight the beasts who hunt in the night.

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Spoiler:

Sevros checks his bond with Mr. Corvus to see if anything might be amiss outside the tavern. He also does a room sweep to take note of possible escape routes should it be necessary.

whisper to Brannock:

I hope we're not expecting uninvited guests to this party.


Unnamed

Sevros:
nothing seems amiss


Vitals:
hp:15/15 AC:11, T:11, FF:10 (+1 Dex) | Percep:+4, Init:+1 | F:+1 (+2 vs. drugs/pois), R:+1, W+6 (+2 vs, scry/read mind, +1 vs. mind-affecting effects) , CMB:+2, CMD:13, SPD: 30
Skills:
Appraise +4, Bluff +8 (+10 to fool someone or pass secret messages), Craft (clothing) +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6

Sevros puts his hand on Brannock's shoulder.

whisper to Brannock:
I have a friend watching the door for anything fishy. We should be okay for now.


M Human Adept 1/Expert 4 Init +1, Per +10 HP 27/27, AC 15/11/15, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +9

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Caught up in the debate, Auði completely misses Janivan's glance and the whole side conversation between Brannock and Sevros. Auði considers for a moment on anything else he has ever heard about the shadows.
Knowledge (local) about shadows 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

Brannock's hand moves away from his weapon, but his demeanor does not change.

Whisper to Sevros:

Spoiler:
"Keep me posted. I worry that others may know of our meeting that should not."

I will also make a Knowledge (local) check RE: the shadows if it is permitted knowledge(local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Dark Archive

Male Human Aristocrat 6 (hp 47/47)(Subdual 42/47)
Defense:
AC=10 (+0 armor, +1 Shield) FF-10 Touch=10 Fort+2 Ref+0 Will+3
skills:
Perception+4,Sense Motive+4,Stealth - 1
Init=+1

Then it appears we have some sort of accord then. Do you have a preferred starting place Lady Janivan, If not i suggest the Rego Pena. If we can do enough and get the backing of some of the merchants and traders, coin would provide motivation for the training and wellbeing of others. He was smiling at the one responsible for bringing them together.
sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
He was completely oblivious to her furtive glances at the door. "Perhaps we could continue this conversation over food? I for one am starving." he turned away for a moment to wave at the bartender while he glanced for a large enough table to seat them all.
yes his tone sounds like he is now flirting with Miss Janivan, cause well he is sort of.


Unnamed

Audi:
I am having some issues with Adobe, I can't search through my pdf...since I upgraded to mavericks after my crash. But you know the gist of the shadows, that they attack at night and stay out of the light.


Unnamed

Audi Take 2:
Just found the fix! had to repair my permissions, in any event you know that some call them Shadowgarm and they are almost invisible in the dark


Unnamed

Before she can reply a pudgy young boy bursts through the door

Morosino what is it?

Arael! “The dottari nabbed Arael, and the Hellknights
of the Rack are trying to get custody of him! There’s a
bunch of Hellknights on their way here now! I only just
made it in here; they’ve already surrounded us!”

Dark Archive

Male Human Aristocrat 6 (hp 47/47)(Subdual 42/47)
Defense:
AC=10 (+0 armor, +1 Shield) FF-10 Touch=10 Fort+2 Ref+0 Will+3
skills:
Perception+4,Sense Motive+4,Stealth - 1
Init=+1

Well then... The young noble said his the grip on his halberd making his knuckles white. He moved to flank the door and contemplated turning over a table for additional cover. I dont suppose any of you think we can talk our way out of this do you?" He said with a grim smile pulling the hood up over his head trying to hide some of his features.

Table near enough the door to stand on and provide a little surprise for the hellknights. Not that I am pro attacking hellknights, i just am pretty sure whether we are innocent bystanders or not we are all going to be arrested and tortured to make sure we werent with her.


vitals:
HP: 45/45, AC: 11(11)_ T: 11_ FF: 11 Percep +5: Init+4, F: +3_/ R: +2_/ W:+8;+2 language dep/fear/despair) , CMB: +2, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Gnome Adept 7, Mythic 1 (Hierophant)

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 vs DC15

Hippa's ears visibly pick up over Tramptris's mention of food. Squashed just as suddenly over news of arriving Hellnights.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-orc Warrior 4/Expert 1
Combat:
Throwing Axe Melee +10 (1d6+4) | Throwing Axe Ranged +8 (1d6+5) | Morning Star +9 (1d8+4)
skills:
Climb +8, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8, Swim +8
Vitals:
HP 47/47 | AC:17, T:11, F:14 | CMD:19, CMB:+8 | Save (F+6, R+2, W+3) | Init:+1 | Perc: +7 | Shirona (Pygmy Hippo)

Brannock's hand goes to his morning star and he moves closer to the door.

"How many hellknights, boy?"

Looking to the barkeep"Is there a way out the back or through the sewers?"


vitals:
HP: 45/45, AC: 11(11)_ T: 11_ FF: 11 Percep +5: Init+4, F: +3_/ R: +2_/ W:+8;+2 language dep/fear/despair) , CMB: +2, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Gnome Adept 7, Mythic 1 (Hierophant)

Hippa sends a query of sorts to kitty, Suki seeking for a sense of alarm or if she is in hiding. Reaching into the hanging bricabrac of her spear, she whispers a small prayer

spell:
Comprehend Languages 20min duration, material components in plain sight if you know where to look but no spell pouch.

She hops off the chair where her legs were dangling and pads over to the barkeep. "Regardless it will be a long night as they round up suspects whether or not a crime was committed. Barkeep! A bowl of whatever is the stew o'day and a refill." She slaps a coin on the counter with a fully extended hand and the clay tankard with the other. "Make it fast. I hate being questioned on an empty stomach."

A quick grin quickly stifled, There was one consolation. Incarceration makes debt repayment unlikely. Those greedy nobles would see this as an opportunity to bail me out just tack the bond onto my debt keeping me here forever.


M Human Adept 1/Expert 4 Init +1, Per +10 HP 27/27, AC 15/11/15, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +9

"Hellknights? Oh no." He looks with alarm at Tramtris considering a fight. "Are you sure they have us surrounded boy? Maybe we can all slip out the back before they move in?"

1 to 50 of 4,144 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Low Powered Council of Thieves Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.