Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


301 to 350 of 4,418 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Gorguk wrote:
Finally, regarding the elven woman who stands with them now Who might you be? You do not appear to be a bandit turned to good. I appreciate your help in the subduing of these bandits, but it would be foolish of me not to know who you are and why you are here... now of all times? I am Gorguk, initiate of Erastil, and these are my companions Lothar, Barnabus and Calinder, cleric and wise in the teachings of Erastil.

Rhasa stands, an action which unintentionally emphasizes just how tall and just how thin she is.

"I am Rhasadilara Goldenbough, recently hired to lead a party of scholars researching something in the Greenbelt. What they sought, I do not know, as they kept their own counsel. I was more interested in an excuse to extend my personal knowledge of the area and a friend vouched that they - and their money - were good, so I accepted.

"A week ago, I set out to scout the day's route while the sages woke up and had their breakfast, as was our routine. When I returned, I found them stripped of all possessions but the clothes on their backs, thanks to the careful ministrations of the bandit witch and her minions. The scholars have returned to Rostland thankful to be alive and planning to gather more resources in order to return later, but I could not leave. I had failed them and sought to restore a measure of my pride at the expense of those you have defeated today. I have been following and observing them since I escorted the sages back within site of Oleg's.

"Alewayne, the leader of the expedition I aided, indicated that there was something that the witch took that he wished, no, needed to have back. The rest of it, he could replace, but this - item - he needed back. He tells me I will know it when I see it."

She looks at the bandits, considering. "I have no authority or desire to have such regarding what you do with the bandits. They have something I seek to recover, by whatever means necessary. Once I have that back, I have no concern regarding whether they live or die -- unless we meet in combat another day, of course.

"I had concluded that there were simply too many of them for me. I have been watching to ascertain where the item might be hidden so that I could take it by stealth. Your group's arrival and animosity against them was simply too good an opportunity to pass up. I was concerned that you might be no better, but my heart told me no. The fact that the Bowfather counts two of you among his flock strengthens my certainty.

"Now, I must ask the same of you. I know your names, but what causes you to bring your wrath down upon this gathering of miscreants? Not that I do not believe they deserved it, of course."


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus points to Kressel...

"This one be no witch however carelessly we bandy words about, I assure you real witchs dwell closer than one might think and those ones that would be offended by mere words and turn tha fates against us are no further away than the Hooktongue Slough."

Barnabus seems to go silent and looks about nervously having obviously disturbed himself talking of dark magic and mysteries.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Hmm... perhaps a poor choice of words, then. When I used that term, I was not implying that she had any talent, rather the more general peasant's usage for an unpleasant female. She does seem to qualify for that meaning of the word, considering the language she was using against your ally, here."


Male Human Witch 5

"Nay I beg you to use a different epiteth for her actions!"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Gorguk, of course, I would be honored to say a few words of remembrance to Kylia's memory. And although I think it would be nice to send her remains back to her father, we are many days from Restov and I have not yet the power to preserve the deceased for long periods of time. It would be nice to turn these bandits over to the authorities in Restov though, but the trip would delay us for many days."

"So, whatever ceremony you feel would be best, I would be willing to officiate over."

He then sits near the fire to contemplate what he will say to honor Kylia's memory.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Sorry if I said otherwise, but I meant to send her possessions back, not her remains. Gorguk will listen to the wisdom of Cal in this and follow his direction of what to do with the gear. Thank you Cal. You know the rites of Erastil and I think Kylia would appreciate it.

Rhasadilara, those are fair questions and worth an answer. We are a group bound by fate to explore and tame this wilderness you see before you. We have been commissioned by the Swordlords to root out the banditry problem and to secure a safe area for those that call the Greenlands home. We are currently staying with a local merchant Oleg and his charming wife Svetlana. Our first morning there, bandits from this group rode in to steal from them and do harm to Svetlana. We tracked the bandit's trail back here. The rest you know. As for myself, I view this as a quest...one that it appears doomed from the start... Gorguk trails off as he looks at the lifeless body of Kylia.

What are everyone's thoughts on the bandits? Redeemed and allowed to live, or self-serving and deserve death? Do we 'wake' Kressel or end her life now?

After hearing Rhasa's story do we have her join us in our mission? We are going to need all the help we can get.


Male Human Witch 5

"Mayhap we should take her back to Oleg's and inquire there of the best place to bury our fallen comrade."

"It seems we might have a spare charter would not our group be the only authority to appoint a new member and present the charter to her?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Checking out the stuff under the tarpaulin (where Dyfrig the cook took refuge), you find supplies like food, firewood, and tents as well as a couple of bags of coins, a pair of silver earrings, a wooden music box, three crates of furs and hides, and a polished wooden case of potent greenish herbal liquor, eight bottles in all.

Dyfrig calls you all to dinner. Seems he doesn't really care WHO gets to eat, as long as someone turns up when he calls. Roast rabbit and baked root vegetables await, very tasty it is too.

Rhasadilara's bandit, who says his name is Finlee, says that the liquor is for the Stag Lord and that he'll likely get even more aggressive than usual if he doesn't get it. They were about to make a trip to his fort to deliver it, but were waiting to see if they could get any more loot first, apparently a couple of bags were stolen a few days ago by what he describes as a 'group of filthy mites' — the annoying little bastards escaped with both bags, and the bandits believe that they’ve fled to their lair under the old sycamore tree, but no one’s been eager to go try to get the stolen loot back since the majority of those bag's contents were just copper coins and some cheap-looking trinkets.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"I am familiar with Oleg and Svetlana. Previously, their store was as far south as I dared explore...

"I wish to know more of the Greenbelt -- if you are asking if I would be willing to accompany you in the exploring of this area, the answer is yes, charter or no charter. As for taming it... I do not find that necessary. There are monsters, both human and not, that do not belong, but I find the idea of this area put to the plow unnecessary and depressing."

Rhasa sits to enjoy Dyfrig's offering and compliments him on his efforts. Once she can do so politely, she excuses herself and heads out the west side of the camp. "I will be back shortly."

She comes back leading a horse pulling a small cart. She smiles, "Not the typical rig for a woodsman, but we were expecting to be out away from the city for a while, so I tried to cover my bases. This is Sunset, by the way." Under the cover in the cart, it's obvious that there's a lot of items. The saddle and saddle bags lay on top of the tarp.

Once Sunset is freed of the cart and picketed with the other horses, Rhasa begins to search the bandits' camp, looking for whatever it was that Alewayne lost to the thieves' depredations. She also examines the items that were already found and asks the bandits as she searches.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Rhasadilara, my name is Calinder Surital, but some just call me Cal for short, although in the temple of Erastil where I was raised and trained they were a little more formal."

Calinder finally puts away his morningstar and offers his hand to Rhasa with a slight bow. When dinner is announced, he gratefully take some of the rabbit and vegetables from Dyfrig.

"Gorguk, I am sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you had made the suggestion to return her body, it was more a wish of my own heart. For having lost my own family long ago, I know how difficult it can be for some."

"I think a burial here in this area, with her love of the outdoors would be nice and although we have only known each other a few days, I think that we could have a nice memorial."

"As for what to do with the bandits, I have been considering this since our battle with them was completed. Unfortunately, I have not come to a decision as to what the best thing to do is, and I don't think there is a clear answer."

"We have already seen that there are some that are clearly evil and probably irredeemable, such as Happs and Kressel. Then there are others that are just doing what they felt they needed to to survive, such as Walter and possibly Dyfrig here. Then there may be others that fall in between."

"The other quetion would be, does the charter that we have been given make us the law enforcement in this area? Do we make the rules? We were told that we were to rid the area of bandits, but does that mean that we must kill them all, or is there another way to go about it? Again, I am not sure of the answers, for I am just a humble follower of Erastil."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

apologies for my absence. I've been having Internet problems. I'm trying to get it resolved even now. I still intend to continue so bear with me.

Lothar said nothing as the others went on around him. The loss of Kylia had a very profound effect on him. The way he saw it, Lothar was responsible for what happened to her. It was, after all, his plan that sent her to a most gruesome end at the hands of the bandits.

He stood apart from the others, not sure if he should continue on with them. After all, how many more of his companions would die if he were to stay on? But he obviously couldn't let what happen keep him from taking his vengeance on the remaining bandits, their leader the Stag Lord in particular.

Lothar clutched the stag pendant in his hand tightly, the metal digging into his flesh. This oath I swear. I will not rest until I see these bandits taken down once and for all. None shall escape my hand, my judgement, my vengeance. I shall become the perfect instrument of retribution. For Kylia!

The Vudran magician then proceeded to strip off the traveling garments that he currently wore. After digging in his bag, Lothar produced a set of black monk's robes and preceded to put them on. When he was done, Lothar piled the traveling clothes before him and, using implements from his alchemist kit, set the clothing ablaze. He watched it burn until nearly nothing remained. Bending down, Lothar gathered the ashes and began mixing them with other alchemical extracts to produce a black paste that he began applying to his face in careful patterns meant to accentuate the other markings that were tattooed on.

Lothar returned to the others after he had put on his war face. Let them stare if they must. And if they chose to give him comfort... Well, they could try. Lothar would know no comfort until his enemies were laid low before him.

For Kylia!


Male Human Witch 5

"I feel as a man not knowing anything of farming sent into the sprouting field of food and told tah pull tha weeds, unable to discern tha weeds from tha crops"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

So be it Cal. I will stand over her grave tonight and give watch. Does anyone have a shovel to which I may dig her grave?

Watching Lothar's ceremony, Gorguk smiles grimly thinking, I again have underestimated this one. His talk of perfection I thought was a selfish ambition. Again and again I learn from these people.

{b]Finlee, you said that 2 bags of gold and trinkets were stolen. Where do these thiefs live and was there a wedding ring in 1 of them?[/b]


Male Human Witch 5

Baenabus goes to inspect a bottle of the strong herbal drink...

Spoiler:

Wanting to determine how potent it might be and how much could be drank in a round.......

"This might have some uses after all, a toast to the one fallen!"

"Brave she was and seemed she was reckless in keeping us safe..

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rhasadilara, all that you can find are the spoils as described. However, talking to Dyfrig - who's delighted that you like his food - he digs out a leather-bound book which, he claims, Happs was about to chuck on the fire a couple of days ago but which he managed to retrieve.

"Is this what you're after?" he enquires. "I can't read much of it, but there are some pretty pictures... I was gonna keep it, but iffen you know who it belongs too, guess it had better go back."

Gorguk, you quiz Finlee.

"The bags' contents were just copper coins and some cheap-looking trinkets, so we weren't in that much of a rush to attack the mites to get them back. Mighta been a ring, not sure. Probably. As fer the mites, them nasty blue critters live under the old sycamore tree - huge thing it is, pretty much a landmark for miles around. Malicious creatures they are, spending their days perfecting grisly pranks, torturing small animals, and feuding with the a bunch of kobolds who dwell in a cave 12 miles to the south."

Barnabus, the liquor seems VERY strong, the sort that has quite a kick even when you sniff at it never mind drink it.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus tucks a bottle of the liquor in his belt...

Thinking is a fine substitute for the manacles

Spoiler:

at least for the beguiling gift spell


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:

Rhasadilara, all that you can find are the spoils as described. However, talking to Dyfrig - who's delighted that you like his food - he digs out a leather-bound book which, he claims, Happs was about to chuck on the fire a couple of days ago but which he managed to retrieve.

"Is this what you're after?" he enquires. "I can't read much of it, but there are some pretty pictures... I was gonna keep it, but iffen you know who it belongs too, guess it had better go back."

"It may well be what I seek, thank you. If it is, I owe you for saving it and I will repay you somehow." [ooc]Rhasa sits by the fire and examines the book to see if it is indeed Alewayne's.

Rhasa is certainly willing to sit up with the dead tonight. From what you have told her, it seems that Kylia was a kindred spirit. They might have been friends - had they met.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Gorguk, I do not have a shovel, but would be glad to help locate one if there is one here in this camp."

Calinder searches the bandit campsite for a shovel or something that could be used to bury Kylia.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Witch 5

[b]"Calinder have you forgotten my shovel on my horse?"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Well of course I did Barnabus, thanks for the reminder."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Thank you Barnabus Under Cal's guidance as to the best location for Kylia's grave and with the use of Barnabus' shovel Gorguk will toil away at paying his respects to Kylia. As long as the bandits don't make a fuss Gorguk ignores them for now, their fates still undecided at this point.
It would seem as if to let the cook and the surrendered bandit live with them redeeming themselves like Walter is and sentencing Kressel to the sword (before or after she wakes up?)

Quote:

Gorguk, you quiz Finlee.

"The bags' contents were just copper coins and some cheap-looking trinkets, so we weren't in that much of a rush to attack the mites to get them back. Mighta been a ring, not sure. Probably. As fer the mites, them nasty blue critters live under the old sycamore tree - huge thing it is, pretty much a landmark for miles around. Malicious creatures they are, spending their days perfecting grisly pranks, torturing small animals, and feuding with the a bunch of kobolds who dwell in a cave 12 miles to the south."

Where is this Sycamore tree that you speak of. We are in the middle of a forest and I see trees all around, yet not 1 of which I would call a landmark.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Just to make sure we are on the same page, there were eight total bandits counting Kessel and the cook.

#1 in the west watchtower, apparently dead
#2 in the east watchtower, apparently dead
#3 took a serious wound and surrendered
#4 (Finlee) surrendered unharmed
#5 was KO'd by Lothar
#6 was KO'd by Gorguk, he greeted the party when they arrived
Kessel, unconscious but stabilized
The cook (Dyfrig) was not injured

Rhasa, feeling out of place as the party determines their plans to honor their fallen, moves about making sure that all of the bandits' weapons have been removed. She will make sure that the three that appear unconscious are tied together around a tree so she only has to concern herself with the conscious three for the moment.

Talking to the bandits, "I'm not part of their group, so I'm not sure I have any say in this, but this is what I'm hearing from them. They are trying to determine if you are willing to repent your ways and live the lives of honest men doing honest work. Dyfrig, here, appears to have been doing that, but with a poor choice of employer. Finlee, what of you and your friend? What do you think those three will answer," gesturing to Kessel and the other two bandits tied to the tree.

If someone else is available to keep watch on the captured bandits, Rhasa will climb up to the surviving watchtower and determine the status of her original target -- and making sure that his weapons are accounted for, whether he continues to breathe or not.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus looks for the bandits horses making sure they are ready to travel to Oleg's......

"I also would like the bandits awake to speak of this Kressel the testimony will be more accurate afore she wakes."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Finlee explains that the sycamore stands not in the forest but in the middle of the plains south-south west of the camp.

About here: F5 on Rhasalidara's map

Talking to the awake bandits, none have any love for Kressle or indeed for the Stag Lord: it appears to have been fear more than even thought of profit that kept them in line.

Dyfrig is definite that if the party is prepared to give him a chance he will do his best to stay out of trouble. Cooking is the thing he knows best, but he knows his way around the forest fairly well. He'll try to find somewhat more legitimate employers in future.

Finlee you're not so sure about. The general impression is that he tends to blow with the wind, say whatever is to his advantage. Right now cooperation with you lot seems to be the best bet, so he's prepared to talk about the Stag Lord and his base. At present, he has no plans for his future, at least not ones he wishes to share.

Bandit #3 says he's called Gibel, and had turned to banditry after the party of hunters he'd been part of got caught in a flash flood and drowned. Somehow you get the impression that's not the whole story.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder carefully prepares Kylia for burial with as much care as he can in the wilds of the Greenbelt. He then bundles up her belongings in preparation to send them back to her family, writing a letter to go along with it to explain what happened.

After finishing those tasks, he walks towrds Gorguk and asks, "Is there anything else I can do to help, would you like me to take a turn digging the burial site?"


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

What do we know about mites? What sort of knowledge check might be applicable here?

Away from the bandits, Rhasa asks, "So, Barnabus, so you think we should awaken the other two bandits before we awaken the woman so we can get their stories without her influence?"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Thank you Cal, but I feel I must undertake this task myself. My tribute to Kylia as it were. How do the others and you fare? I see Lothar has taken some grim tribal ritual.
Is this how it is going to be brother Cal? We have barely begun our mission and we have already lost one of us, and it is one that I figured would survive compared to others of our group. I want vengeance for what has happened here, but I can not take it out on those that have surrendered. There is no honor in that. I hope Barnabus and Kylia are getting to know which bandits we can trust and which bandits we can't.

After a few moments silence:

Where do we go from here Cal? What is our purpose right now and for the future? We have eliminated 1 bandit threat, but unless that void is filled by lawful strength, another group of bandits will just take their place. Is that our final destiny...to become that pillar of justice and strength in this wild, lawless, unkept land? With that Gorguk falls quiet and returns to the work on the grave, waiting for a sign of what is to come or for the words of Cal to guide him.


Male Human Witch 5

(to Rhasadilara)
"I thought tha a good idea unless someone wants me to put her to the sword afore she wakes. I have considered just deciding if the group fails to decide, I healed her an can undo tha deed, such is tha fates."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"I choose not to decide the ultimate fate of any of them, at least not yet. If they had a blade in my hand and threatened me, I would cut them down without qualm. But they are no threat at this time, so..."

She moves over to the tied bandits and frees the first to fall to Gorguk's attack. Nonlethal damage, I believe. She ties the other two back together around the tree before trying to shake the young man awake.

"Lad, you are missing supper. But there are questions you must answer before you dine."

If shaking him is not sufficient to wake him up, she will ask Barnabus if he has means to bring the boy to consciousness.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus is more than willing to utilize the healing hex on any bandit or companion....

Companions first of course!


Male Half-elf Cleric 5
Gorguk wrote:

Thank you Cal, but I feel I must undertake this task myself. My tribute to Kylia as it were. How do the others and you fare? I see Lothar has taken some grim tribal ritual.

Is this how it is going to be brother Cal? We have barely begun our mission and we have already lost one of us, and it is one that I figured would survive compared to others of our group. I want vengeance for what has happened here, but I can not take it out on those that have surrendered. There is no honor in that. I hope Barnabus and Kylia are getting to know which bandits we can trust and which bandits we can't.

After a few moments silence:

Where do we go from here Cal? What is our purpose right now and for the future? We have eliminated 1 bandit threat, but unless that void is filled by lawful strength, another group of bandits will just take their place. Is that our final destiny...to become that pillar of justice and strength in this wild, lawless, unkept land? With that Gorguk falls quiet and returns to the work on the grave, waiting for a sign of what is to come or for the words of Cal to guide him.

"The will of the gods can be fickle at times and beyond our comprehension. We just need to continue on with the task that the Swordlords have given us . We now know that this Stag Lord is the one behind the bandits and must be dealt with, but perhaps need not be right away, perhaps when we are a bit stronger in our skills."

"I had asked the question earlier about if it was within the charter we have been given to act as the law. I now believe that we are to a certain extent to be the law in this land. We must be careful though with this power to govern we have been given. We must not let that power corrupt us and make us into what we are suppose to be fighting against."

"I think that if we support and help each other stay on the right path, then we can make the correct decisions. And we must be careful to not let one of us make all the decisions. Although I am not used to speaking up and giving my opinion, I see now that we must all make the decisions together and choose the best option."

"In the end, the fates may decree that more of us find the end of our days before our task is done, but we may take comfort in the fact that we did so, in the performance of the task that was given to us and we didn't shirk our duty to those that put their trust in us. Let us just hope that if we continue on the right path that Erastil will preserve us until our time in this world is done."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Knowledge rolls to see what Rhasa might know about mites:

Spoiler:

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Knowledge (Geography) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 +1 for forest-related checks


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Let it be so, Cal. We shall be the strength that this lands needs to survive and succeed. Let us go from here as the authority in this region. Each individual an equal with an equal say. We will decide as a group as to our direction and path. In this way, we will not stumble as 1 would by himself. Instead we will persevere till the very end on the same stright path as which we started.

Your consul is wise in regards to the Staglord. Let us not go to him until we are ready. Let us learn more about ourselves and each other, learning to trust each other fully. Surely we will meet this Staglord and send him to his end. What consul have you to this proposal? Every bandit that we find unrepentant we put to the sword as stated in our charter. These bandits' heads are then sent to the Staglord with a message that all bandits will meet the same fate unless they change their ways. All ex-bandits will be treated fairly. In this way other bandits may desert the Staglord in hope of finding a better and more noble way of life. This will weaken the Staglord furtrher yet. We could have 1 of the turned bandits deliver the heads for us. This is my proposal, what say you? As Gorguk speaks, he is filled with a righteous vigor and hardly notices the exertion digging Kylia's grave. The work is no less onerous, but he now has a grander purpose and focus.

Thank you my friend


Male Human Witch 5

"Gorguk is correct, however had we been brigands we would have descended upon Oleg's taking rather than paying with honest coin. This area known tah be brigands we descended upon in a different way, to stop them from plundering..."

"Let us be sure of our cause an certain o what be a friend o a foe."

"So after Kressel wakes and has the ability to answer for her crimes, then we vote on her fate. Among my people a trial of silence where only the guilty speaks allows them enough rope to hang themselves and admit things otherwise left unsaid."

"After that a vote for her fate?"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Gorguk and Barnabus, I find myself in agreement with both of your ideas as to how to proceed. Certainly, if we can unnerve the Stag Lord, it may add to whatever advantage that we may have."

"As for what to do next, I think we need to pay these Mites a visit and see if they have the item that we have promised to return if we can."

Calinder is still a little unnerved himself by the prospect of treating life in what may seem to be an uncaring attitude. Although he is beginning to see that there may be little choice if they are to complete the task given to them. It will be a fine line though, between wrong and right that they walk. They must be very careful.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Calinder Surital wrote:

"Gorguk and Barnabus, I find myself in agreement with both of your ideas as to how to proceed. Certainly, if we can unnerve the Stag Lord, it may add to whatever advantage that we may have."

"As for what to do next, I think we need to pay these Mites a visit and see if they have the item that we have promised to return if we can."

Calinder is still a little unnerved himself by the prospect of treating life in what may seem to be an uncaring attitude. Although he is beginning to see that there may be little choice if they are to complete the task given to them. It will be a fine line though, between wrong and right that they walk. They must be very careful.

Rhasa listens to the debate. "As I've said, I'm interested in exploring this land. I've no interest in making a new nation, but perhaps I should ride along with you to make sure someone's thinking of the land as decisions are made.

"Also, I have found what I sought, thanks to your arrival. It would be only right to help you seek out these mites for whatever it is you are looking for - even if you did not wish for me to join your charter."

She looks at the captives for a long moment before adding, "I am no fan of thieves and murderers, but I understand in wild places, people and animals do what they must to survive. Sometimes they are not civilized or pretty actions that these people take." Her voice gets a harder edge, "However, two-legged wolves hiding in the wilds in order to prey on honest folk... Their actions are not those of desperate folk trying to survive. They could survive, and more easily, by returning to civilization. No, they are like rabid wolves. A wolf is dangerous, particularly to the weak and when hungry, but one infected with rabies is a danger to all for it attacks indiscriminately, causing others to fall sick. A rabid wolf must be put down. I offer bow and blade to aid you in doing so."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rhasadilara is able to shake the 'bathroom bandit' awake. He blinks around in surprise, rubbing his jaw.

"Wha' 'appened?" he asks, sounding confused. He then is sick, violently; but this seems to clear his head a bit.

"Who are you, and what do you want? You've defeated us, it seems - do you seek to defeat the Stag Lord and take over from him?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Information on 'mites'

Mites are small humanoid creatures with bluish-tinged skins and disproportionately large heads. They are renowned for their sheet ugliness: even other humanoids like goblins mock them. Their fey ancestry is said to render them vulnerable to cold iron. They tend to live underground in narrow twisty caverns, and are nasty bitter creatures which can harbour a grudge for years, and have a fondness for playing spiteful pranks on their targets. However, they get on well with many subterranean vermin - spiders, centipedes, cave fishers and the like - and often tame them to an extent most naturalists find surprising. The average mite is 3' tall and weighs about 40 pounds, and their preferred weapons are daggers and darts.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:

Information on 'mites'

Mites are small humanoid creatures with bluish-tinged skins and disproportionately large heads. They are renowned for their sheet ugliness: even other humanoids like goblins mock them. Their fey ancestry is said to render them vulnerable to cold iron. They tend to live underground in narrow twisty caverns, and are nasty bitter creatures which can harbour a grudge for years, and have a fondness for playing spiteful pranks on their targets. However, they get on well with many subterranean vermin - spiders, centipedes, cave fishers and the like - and often tame them to an extent most naturalists find surprising. The average mite is 3' tall and weighs about 40 pounds, and their preferred weapons are daggers and darts.

Rhasa shares this information with the others in the party if they haven't already come up with the knowledge.

"Fighting them on their own ground will be a challenge." As she says this, she gestures to indicate her height and her sword's length.


Male Human Witch 5

"Let us come to the problem of the mites in time, first we must ensure a place of safety to operate, from a rally point for ourselves, I suggest Oleg's first making sure it is secure we can map from there, learn the area and eventually possibly make new allies, such as this new one here. Increasing our allies seems to be at least one possibility....

"On a pragmatic note it seems obtaining cold iron weapons seems to be a need....mayhap Oleg has or can obtain these."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)
Calinder Surital wrote:

"As for what to do next, I think we need to pay these Mites a visit and see if they have the item that we have promised to return if we can."

Before we head for these mites, I would like to stop back at Oleg's and let them know that we have been successful so far. We can also bring Kylia's gear along as well to have Oleg return them for us. This way, Oleg and Svetlana will not fear our own demise and that they should have some respite from the bandits for now. Plus depending on how much loot we got I can finish paying for my shield :)

As far as the interactions with the bandits, Gorguk is not participating since he is doing his grave penance.

Edit: ninja'd by Barnabus


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Going back to the trading post sounds like a good idea to me as well. We'll have to decide what to do with our captured foe's before we do though."

"I also like the idea of seeing if Oleg has any cold iron weapons that may aid us. Maybe a cold iron morningstar ...", says Calinder as he seems to drift off into some unknown thoughts.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Oleg's is a logical next step. It would appear that cold iron weapons would be a good choice, indeed."

Megan:

Spoiler:
Obviously, I am assuming this is Alewayne's book. Rhasa will be looking through the book to see if there is any useful information about the area, especially for the areas they have discussed. She's not above delaying its return if it will benefit the party, but she won't share the book itself at this point.

To the recently awakened bandit:
"Aye, your camp has been defeated. Who we are does not matter, but we have no desire to 'take over' for your Stag Lord." Pointing to the others, she says, "I'm not part of their group, or not yet, so I'm not sure I have any say in this, but this is what I'm hearing from them: They want to know if you are willing to repent your ways and live the lives of honest men doing honest work. The time is coming for honest folk to make their living in this land without fear of such as the Stag Lord. Ye have a chance to start anew and make something of yourself. What say ye?"

Sorry I've been bouncing between talking to the party and talking to the bandits. I'm assuming the conversations are not necessarily taking place at the same time for sake of moving the story along. Hope that's cool.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Megan Robertson wrote:

Rhasadilara is able to shake the 'bathroom bandit' awake. He blinks around in surprise, rubbing his jaw.

"Wha' 'appened?" he asks, sounding confused. He then is sick, violently; but this seems to clear his head a bit.

"Who are you, and what do you want? You've defeated us, it seems - do you seek to defeat the Stag Lord and take over from him?"

Lothar moved in, interrupting Rhasa's speech (if he has to) to loom menacingly over the bandit. Who we are and what we want are both one and the same for the likes of you. Defeating you and defeating the Stag Lord, however... That's not so similar. You will take your 'Lord' - the word wasn't so much said as it was spat out of the Vudran's mouth, as though the act of saying it left such a horrible taste in his mouth - a message. Both the land and the people that he presumes to lord over have cried out. We have answered. You tell him that 'Vengeance comes, on dark wings.' Tell him that for us. For me. Now go.

assuming he wasn't tied up or otherwise restrained. If he was with say... rope, then Lothar'll use the dagger he now carries to set him loose. If not, then Lothar will move aside and gesture for him to go. Once the bandit is gone, the magician will be stand quietly while the rest discuss the 'mite' problem. Pretty much, unless it relates to dealing with the Stag Lord and his bandits, Lothar has little (if anything) to add. He'll help the party however he can, but his demeanor is, at best, aloof.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Quite surprised at Lothar's action, Rhasa will try to stop him from cutting the rope, untying the young man instead. "It takes a long time to make a good rope. We're not in such a hurry that we need to waste it."

Once he's freed and rubbing circulation back into his hands, she steps back to make it clear that she will not stop him.

Once the bandit has moved on, she will look at Lothar with a questioning look, but not say anything. Shrugging her shoulders, she will ask, "Should I untie all of them, then?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Rhasadilara Goldenbough wrote:

Quite surprised at Lothar's action, Rhasa will try to stop him from cutting the rope, untying the young man instead. "It takes a long time to make a good rope. We're not in such a hurry that we need to waste it."

Once he's freed and rubbing circulation back into his hands, she steps back to make it clear that she will not stop him.

Once the bandit has moved on, she will look at Lothar with a questioning look, but not say anything. Shrugging her shoulders, she will ask, "Should I untie all of them, then?"

He bears the message that shall be taken to his leader. Once that message is received, he'll be handed what passes for justice by this Stag Lord. The others that remain seem to repent. He turned his attention to Kressel. But this one, I believe will be another true believer, much like Happs. She used her position to abuse those beneath her and did so willingly. I say kill her now. Her death will also serve to be a message for this 'Stag Lord' and those that follow him. Lothar glared menacingly at the woman, his voice cold and even. If none of you wish to do the deed, then stand aside. I will see it done. As he spoke, the Vudran brandished his dagger.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"You have rashly made a decision and taken an action that your companions may not have agreed with and are most certainly not ready for. I think you need to calm yourself and find your center before you do something that gets another of your companions killed."

She holds up a hand when he reaches for his dagger. "Rest assured, if you and your friends determine that these wolves are rabid, I will take care of the problem." She gestures to her sword as she says this.


Male Human Witch 5

"Lothar, I had thought tha test of silence would be enough for this Kressel, let her and her alone speak for waht she is or believes..."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I'm cool with the slightly chaotic interleaving of conversation!

The 'bathroom bandit' watches and listens wide-eyed as Rhasadolara and Lothar jockey for his attention.

"Taking that sort of a message to the Stag Lord is certain death," he says, before fleeing as soon as he is released.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:

I'm cool with the slightly chaotic interleaving of conversation!

The 'bathroom bandit' watches and listens wide-eyed as Rhasadolara and Lothar jockey for his attention.

"Taking that sort of a message to the Stag Lord is certain death," he says, before fleeing as soon as he is released.

Rhasa watches him go. "Well, that is one less bandit we need to execute today. Even if he won't deliver your message, and I don't think he will, I hope he received mine loud and clear." She looks at the others, watching from the campfire, "If you meet him again after this, you be sure he knows that the next time I find him involved in banditry, the results will be different. That same goes for each of you that we release. Do you understand me?"

301 to 350 of 4,418 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.