Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


3,001 to 3,050 of 4,480 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Yep, sounds good.

Anyone else want to do anything before the attack is mounted?


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Only actions for Gorguk is to go through equipment and sharpen this sword while meditating. Hoping that Rhasa is back in time, Gorguk will prepare to head to the gates with or without her. He can't delay and search for her while putting 3 others at risk. Besides, Gorguk knows that he has no chance in tracking as skilled an outdoorswoman as Rhasa. No, better to rid the area of the Staglord then mount a search for her if she does not come back.


Male Human Witch 5

"Tis a good plan."


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder gladly takes his turn at watch when Lothar wakes him. When they begin preparing for the battle against the Stag Lord, Calinder takes time to meditate and ask Erastil for his assistance in the upcoming fight.

Once he is aware that the Gorguk and the others are at the gate to the fort, Calinder will cast Guidance on Lothar and Barnabus, if they wish, and then on himself.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Rhasadilara Goldenbough wrote:
"Sounds like just the sort they need. They've even been giving the Staglord's bandits the option to work to serve the community for a year and be forgiven their past, so even those folks get a fresh start if they are willing."

No response?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Sorry, up to ears as teaching ramps up...

"Hmmm." the fellow nods. "Well, if they are hiring, I'll talk, else I'll be off. Where are they based? I'll call by and see if there's any work for me."


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus spends some time communing with his familiar and resting to recover spells.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:
"Hmmm." the fellow nods. "Well, if they are hiring, I'll talk, else I'll be off. Where are they based? I'll call by and see if there's any work for me."

Absolutely no problem - I'm glad you've a job in the first place.

Dropping the pretense, Rhasa shakes her head. "That's not quite right. There is no 'hiring'. By riding with the Staglord and victimizing the people and travelers of this land, you have earned a job helping set things aright. One year to do what you do best to help the people the Staglord has hurt. If you get paid for your services to the community, that's even better. But the key is that you use your talents to aid where you can."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Somewhere, somehow, Gorguk is praying for Rhasa asking for Erastil to give her strength and wisdom. Hopefully she makes it back to us safely with her mission accomplished.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar knelt away from the others, reciting lines from the Chelish opera The Six Trials of Larazod, specifically ACT 6, "Trial by Combat and Love," where Larazod and his companions gird themselves before facing devils out to destroy them, having been sent by the magistrate accused of treachery by the tiefling hero who did so in the name of the Dark Prince. The paladin of Aroden's final words in the play, spoken to the old wizard Dentris, came readily to the magician's mind: 'Dentris, you old cur, dog curled by your master's feet. I can't call you friend, but a truer servant I've never known. Loyalty is the mark of greatness. Know that my sword is yours even as your spells bend to Larazod's cause. We stand as one and we always shall.'

Odd that he would identify more with Tybain, the comic relief, than with Larazod, the hero. Like many, Lothar believed that the character's role had been altered from the writer's original purpose due to House Thrune's pogrom of censorship. But whatever the intent, those words seemed quite appropriate to the situation. Lothar was not sure that he could ever truly call his fellow Wardens 'friends,' but they were bound together by charter and deed. They had proven themselves to him, as he hopefully had to them.

The Wardens stood as one, serving in the name of justice, and would always continue to.

The thought put the magician at ease.

Lothar rose from where he'd been kneeling.

He was ready.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

As soon as Calinder completed his meditation and daily preparations, he rose to his feet and quietly paced the tunnel while Lothar and Barnabus completed their own preparations.

On returning from on of his circuits to the far end of the tunnel and finding Lothar standing and waiting, Calinder stops next to the magician and whispers, "Any word from the others?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar shook his head in answer to Calinder's query. The magician had forgotten to update Golden Arm on their status and the messaging spell had long since expired. "Nothing to do now but wait for Gorguk and the others to make their move. Once that happens, we'll take advantage of the moment to sow some chaos within the complex, effectively forcing them to wage a battle on multiple fronts. I'm thinking that we should take the advantage of the high ground from the bandits. You and Barnabus take one side, while our newly acquired ally and I handle the other. Do you think you're up for that, Calinder? It's a little more hands on than you'd like, I'm sure, but I'm confidant that you can get it done. He clasped the priest's forearm. We are Wardens after all. If not us, then who?


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder smiles at Lothar's words and replies, "We all must do things at times that are outside our comfort zone. It is how we learn and grow, by doing what is new to us." Calinder then nods as if he already knows his next statement to be true and says, "Barnabus and I will be fine, and we'll get the job done. If there is time before we leap into action, I'd like to give each of us a small blessing from Erastil that will give us a little extra help in our decisions when we do act, but only if you wish me too of course. It will not stay with us long, and so cannot be placed on the recipient too far in advance. Hopefully, we will find an opportunity to use it before it fades away."

Still planning on having Calinder cast Guidance on whoever would like it before we jump into action.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

His meditation done and the sun about to rise over the horizon, Gorguk starts to don his equipment for the coming day. Piece by piece his war outfit slowly takes shape. Armor, sword and shield adorn his body as he straps his lance to Durok's side his longbow is slung upon his back with arrows. The horse stands quietly waiting himself for what is to come. Military saddle, bit and bridle next on Durok. In all of this Gorguk says not a word. Not that he is trying to keep others from hearing what he is doing, but rather that he is focused on the task at hand. Not only is the task going to be difficult, but he is going to have to be judge, jury, and executioner all in a matter of seconds. It is this second part that has him focused on listening to Erastil's guidance. The Staglord must be vanquished, but how many others as well. Only time will tell.

At last the preparations are complete. Turning to Akiros, Are you ready to renounce the Staglord publicly? If so, now is the time. I will ride up and announce myself. I will wait till you state your position before I initiate hostilities. I will issue the challenge and see if it is accepted.

Riding up tot he front of the gates, Gorguk makes Durok stride purposely and without fear. By making no attempt at stealth, the people in the compound have ample time to call out warnings and ready themselves. Stopping 40ft from the gate, Gorguk sits tall in the saddle. he waits for a while letting the silence and tensions build. Hopefully this draws the eyes and attentions of those within the compound to him and not elsewhere.Followers of the Staglord, I present myself, Gorguk Tsadok, here to inform you that the reign of the Staglord will be ended by this afternoon. Those who renounce him will not be subject to the penalty of death.

Cue Akiros...


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Rhasadilara Goldenbough wrote:
Megan Robertson wrote:
"Hmmm." the fellow nods. "Well, if they are hiring, I'll talk, else I'll be off. Where are they based? I'll call by and see if there's any work for me."

Absolutely no problem - I'm glad you've a job in the first place.

Dropping the pretense, Rhasa shakes her head. "That's not quite right. There is no 'hiring'. By riding with the Staglord and victimizing the people and travelers of this land, you have earned a job helping set things aright. One year to do what you do best to help the people the Staglord has hurt. If you get paid for your services to the community, that's even better. But the key is that you use your talents to aid where you can."

Rhasa says to the man as she prepares to turn Sunset back toward the fort. "I found you in the dark tonight and I can find you again. Join us against the Staglord today and serve the people of this land for one year. Or watch over your shoulder wondering when will come the day that I find you again. The time to decide is now." She says it all matter-of-factly, waits and watches him without blinking while she counts mentally to 30. She will turn and ride away without looking back when the count is done.

She makes haste, with or without the bandit, to the fort, stopping some distance away to see how Gorguk's challenge is taken. She will tie Subset up if she has time and move closer by stealth, approaching from the side and taking note of potential targets that present themselves.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Assuming we can hear Gorguk from where we are...

Once the paladin announced his presence, Lothar looked to Barnabus and Calinder, his expression a grim one.

It's time. Those blessings if you will, Mister Hunt.

Once Calinder is done doling out his orisons, Lothar will make his way up first. Perception check to see if anyone is near their exit: Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 If no one is present, then he'll go on up. Acrobatics check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26, followed by Stealth check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

After Akiros has spoken Gorguk will step forward again to command attention from all watching. Yu have heard what one of your commanders has said. He was found just cause with us. Leave the Staglord and join us in creating a community where all have rights and freedom. Otherwise stay here and be ferreted out and slain. Erastil guides me in this and I challenge any who follow the Staglord to come out and fight me. Your walls will not hide or protect you. They will be burned down and torn asunder. Your weapons will not slay me nor will your armor protect you. Come now and join me or accept this challenge of combat. I wait for your answer. While speaking I scan the crowd with detect evil trying to see if they are all black or there is hope that some will turn aside and not fight even if they do not come out to join Gorguk immediately.

Providing the Staglord himself does not come out, Gorguk would like to get as many out of the fort as possible to limit the number the infiltration force has to do with. If Gorguk can get a couple more lieutenants out as well the better. Cut off the head and the body will die.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Up to ears at work, will move you all on at the weekend!


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

At Lothar's signal, Calinder smiles. Calinder then begins to chant a supplication to Erastil, at the end of which, he touches Lothar and bestows an opportunity to receive a measure of wisdom and guidance from Erastil.

He repeats this three more times, bestowing Erastil's guidance on their new comrade, Barnabus and finally himself.

Calinder casts Guidance on everyone in the tunnel. Each is granted one +1 to an attack, save, or skill check, but it must be used in the next minute or is lost.

After Lothar climbs out of the tunnel, Calinder motions for their new ally to follow. He then turns to Barnabus and says, "I will go next if you prefer, or you can go, which ever you would like?"

Once out of the tunnel, Calinder heads up the stairs and in the opposite direction as Lothar.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In, or at least climbing out of, the tunnel

Poking your heads out, there doesn't seem to be anyone around, so the little raiding party climb out of the tunnel. The stairs are quite steep, climbing up some 20 feet to the walkway above.

Who is going up? Just Calinder? Where is Lothar going?

In the forest

The fellow looks at Rhasa' as if she's lost her mind.

"I don't know about you, lass, but I only work for pay."

Last but not least, outside the front gate

Akiros and Gorguk speak their pieces, making quite a lot of noise about it. There's movement inside the compound, then a figure runs up the steps and appears on the walkway looking down.

"Who the 'ell are you? And what are you doing here?"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Followers of the Staglord, I present myself, Gorguk Tsadok, leader of the Wardens, here to inform you that the reign of the Staglord will be ended by this afternoon. Those who renounce him will not be subject to the penalty of death.
Akiros has found just cause with us. Leave the Staglord and join us in creating a community where all have rights and freedom. Otherwise stay here and be ferreted out and slain. Erastil guides me in this and I challenge any who follow the Staglord to come out and fight me. Your walls will not hide or protect you. They will be burned down and torn asunder. Your weapons will not slay me nor will your armor protect you. Come now and join me or accept this challenge of combat. I wait for your answer.
Now either join me, come out to try your hand at fighting me yourself, or get your superior who you think can challenge me. Regardless what you decide the Staglord will be finished. Come now and decide before I have to lay siege to the entire fort myself and let none enter nor leave. I have spoken.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The fellow seems to think this is uproarously funny.

"Strangest take-over bid I've ever heard, matey!" he says when he's got his breath back. "I'll tell the Stag Lord... wait there." He clatters back down the stairs.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:

In the forest

The fellow looks at Rhasa' as if she's lost her mind.

"I don't know about you, lass, but I only work for pay."

She pauses before riding away and looks at him. "You are welcome to seek compensation for the work you perform as long as it is for the good of the community. And the year you spend working here will pay off the price that is on your head." She smiles, "You see? You will be getting paid twice. It really is your choice." She shrugs as she turns Sunset toward the Staglord's compound, "For myself, I would rather work alongside you for a year or more than to have to hunt you down because you sought to flee."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk will continue to shout and harass any who peers over the palisade at the front gate. Still maintaining his 40ft instance however. If no one approaches for a bit Gorguk will start scrounging for dead wood and grasses to bring to the gate to start a fire to burn the gates down. Not that he would actually get that close right now but he needs to do something to make it look like he is going to attempt this himself. The pile of wood would be set just off the path to the gate. This would hopefully also provide some cover eventually depending on howling they take and how high he can build it.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

All Gorguk and those with him can hear is a sort of drunken bellowing, you cannot make out what is being said. It does sound cross, though.

Rhasadilara, the fellow is still looking puzzled.

"Flee?" he says. "I'm not fleeing, I'm leaving. I'm done with banditry, no future in it. If your gang establishes peace I might stay and try my hand at homesteading, breed horses on the plains, else I'll seek my fortune elsewhere."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"You and your skills are welcome."

She rides away, letting him decide for himself.

She's no diplomat and I've let her say too much already. She has friends that need her.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk will continue to gather wood until something happens. If a couple of hours pass then he will start to drag the entire pile up against the gate. One way or another the fort is coming down and the Staglord with it.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar was preparing to head up when the angry bellow drew his attention. Raising a hand to stay the others, the magician sought out the source of the inebriated noise.

Perhaps it was the Stag Lord himself. If it was, Lothar wanted to see for himself if the man lived up to the hype.

And in the back of his mind, a dormant mantra began to resound.

For Kylia.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The noise is coming from inside the building, Lothar, right near where you are on the other side of the wall.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder halting at Lothar's signal whispers, "What is it Lothar? Is there something wrong?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

The magician directed the attention of his fellow Wardens to the building. If our information is correct, we may be getting ready to see the Stag Lord answer Gorguk's challenge. When he exits the building, we'll wait for the other bandits to divert their attention to the front. I'll take our newest friend with me to seek out Dovan. I'm guessing he'll want to be near enough to the front to take advantage of any opportunities that could arise. Mister Hunt, Mister Cackle. I'll need you to continue up to the walkways and be ready to deal with whatever you find up there. I only wish that Golden Arm were with us.

Lothar positioned himself so that he could place a hand on the shoulder of both Calinder and Barnabus, yet still keep an eye on the building. He intoned a mystic sutra, imparting them with his messaging spell.

All that could be done now was to wait patiently for the right moment to make their move.

Lothar recasts message on Calinder and Barnabus.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

At Lothar's instructions, Calinder ascends the stairs to the walkways above as he had begun started before Lothar had halted their movement. As Calinder approaches the top, he looks around to see if there are any bandits within sight.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The stairs creak loudly as Calinder climbs up, but all he finds is a large ginger tom-cat which glares at him for disturbing his nap!

Out front, a vast figure lurches out, topped with a strange contraption, a helm that bears the skull and antlers of a stag melded into its fabric. The face beneath is hideously scarred, the body likewise, partly covered with rough - and filthy - clothing of leather and fur. He has a composite longbow in one hand, and as soon as he emerges he raises it, nocking and drawing an arrow... aiming at Gorguk!


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Who can see this? (Obviously not Rhasa.)


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Seeing the hideous beast atop the palisade, Gorguk starts to laugh long and loud at him. Keeping his shield raised high in defense, Gorguk calls out to hopefully a crowd gathered around watching the spectacle. Look at this. He hides behind the walls he calls home hoping they will protect him. Instead of facing his adversary out on the field of battle he hides and cowers behind walls. You all are following nothing more than a coward and brute. Abandon him and restore yourselves to the cause of justice.

Smite evil on the Staglord. +3AC and to hit, +4 damage


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Hearing Gorguk's challenge and taunts of those in the fort, Calinder assumes that the Staglord must be visible to Gorguk. Cal therefore tries his way around the walkways, as quietly as he can, so that he can see the Staglord and his men. But before going any farther he first casts a spell of shielding on himself.

Calinder casts Shield of Faith and then moves 20' as directly as possible towards where he thinks the Staglord may be. Move Silently (w/Guidance): 1d20 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) - 4 + 1 = 4, Well if anything, I provided a distraction for the other Wardens to use to their advantage.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

He's certainly no stranger to conflict. Gorguk's going to have his work cut out for him.

Lothar motioned for the former bandit to follow him, then made his way out from under the walkway, following the path that he and Rhasadilara had traveled previously, his pace both urgent and cautious he kept his head on the swivel. When the magician reached that familiar corner, he paused to survey the area.

Looking around to see what, and who, may be around. Will use the bandit to determine who is who and to find out if Dovan is present. If Lothar can see Gorguk, then he will send a message his way.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Be a shame to leave her out, so with some furious handwaving, Rhasa' rides up just as the Stag Lord finally shows his face :)

The Stag Lord says something I couldn't possibly repeat, and looses an arrow at Gorguk.

Stag Lord's attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10, dmg 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 It seems his hungover state (and the Smite Evil) have not improved his aim any!

Almost before the arrow's in flight, he has another one nocked... the effect of an efficient fighting machine being spoiled somewhat by a loud belch.

Calinder attempts to move forwards to see what is happening, but that ginger tom-cat entangles itself between his legs, tripping him and he sprawls headlong with an immense clatter!

Lother and the no-longer-bandit walk widdershins around the building, ending up by the horses. They're restive at all the shouting and the no-longer-bandit moves to sooth them. The pair of you have a fine sideways view of the Stag Lord as he shoots at Gorguk. A few other figures are clustered around the main entrance - or is that hole? - to the building, watching what's going on and fingering their weapons.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Darn cat, I believe he is purposely helping the Staglord by tripping me up." Calinder says to Lothar and Barnabus through the message link. "Hope the others were too occupied to notice."

As Calinder is speaking mentally to the the others, he gives the cat a good glare as he jumps up to his feet and casts another spell to aid himself in coming fight.

Calinder stands and then casts Divine Favor on himself.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

You drunken idiot. How do men follow your obstinate and belligerent ways. See men he is no leader. I told you he would take shots from behind his wall he is too scared to face me himself. A scared, drunken, incompetent bully unable to truly lead men into the new futuere. Open up these gates and let me in to fight him. Better yet, send your leader out here to face me. If he does not, then you know he is a bully and a coward and I urge you to join me.

As Gorguk continues to rant upon the Staglord the only thought going through his mind is, How much longer I wonder do I have to keep this up until there is a positive response. Either from the men with the Staglord defecting or from the Wardens themselves showing p.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa will slow Sunset to a walk when she comes into sight of the fort and sees the paladin is still before the gate. After some quick consideration, she will turn to circle around the compound toward the back and where they had entered before. Leaving Sunset with instruction to wait, she moves with haste up to the wall and along its perimeter. She is trying to move around to a front corner of the fort where Gorguk's can see her and those within cannot. She should be close enough to provide him aid and still have an element of surprise against the foes.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Stag Lord's only response is to loose a second arrow at Gorguk.

Stag Lord's attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27, dmg 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

I figured the Staglord would keep attacking, but is there any response from the other bandits. Are they swayed at all or do they continue to stand resolute? Their reaction changes Gorguk's actions. Regardless LOH 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Ouch 11 points of damage from a bow. Owwww. Guys hurry up in there.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The other bandits are just standing and watching.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder seeing the back of the Staglord as he moves forward calls upon Erastil to help him strike at the person that has brought so much misery to this area.

As Calinder finishes the spell, a shimmering bow appears in the air and looses a arrow made of force at the Staglord.

Calinder moves forward 20' and casts Spritual Weapon and has the force weapon attack the Staglord. Attack (Spiritual Weapon): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10, Damage (force damage): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa's intent was rather involved, so I'm waiting for confirmation that she successfully reached the corner of the fort and got Gorguk's attention.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar performed a quick calculation in his head involving the group of bandits gathered at the building entrance watching their leader fight.

Satisfied, the magician then ran forward, mindful of the results of his computations. As he drew near, he sprang into the air, attempting to get over the bandits' heads. Acrobatics check to bypass the bandits without provoking any attacks of opportunity: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27. While he hung suspended in the air, a pat of butter fell to the ground in their midst. Where it landed, a layer of slippery grease appeared. Cast grease, Reflex DC 13.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

This is assuming that the palisade is only 15 or 20 ft high...10ft creature with 10ft reach

Being hit by the Staglord changed Gorguk's mind on the feasibility of standing off taunting the man. Likewise the rest of the bandits were not swayed by his talk either. Taking a different approach, Gorguk spurs Durok into a charge at the point that the Staglord stands behind the wall. Setting his lance and bracing for the impact Gorguk drives forward. When the lance tip just about reaches the wall, Gorguk flicks the tip upwards aiming at the staglord's exposed face. Following through with the impetus of the charge Gorguk thrusts his arm forward as well putting more power behind Durok's charge.

Power attack with lance on a charge. 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 4 + 2 + 3 - 2 = 24
Damage 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 + 4 + (7) + 3 + 4 + 4 = 36

Reigning in Durok before he hits the wall, Gorguk stands in the saddle, lance raised high blood covering the tip. The celebration is short as Gorguk prepares for the inevitable retaliation from the Staglord. Now open up the gate.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Notes: Pallisade is 20' - and in poor repair. Rhasa' reaches her desired position at the corner of the fort just as Gorguk decides to charge (so he's a bit busy to notice her!).

Calinder stands tall and majestic, wielding the very might of his deity... but to no avail.

Lothar hurls himself bodily through the air, somersaulting as he dropped a pat of butter in the midst of the assembled bandits, then landing poised on the balls of his feet in front of them - eliciting a collective gasp of amazement from people hitherto unaware that he was around!

And Gorguk lowered his lance and urged Durok into a charge!

Durok, noble beast, put his ears back and his head down, muscles bunching as he did his master's bidding. Gorguk clenched the butt of his lance close under his armpit... then flipped it up to catch the Stag Lord full in the face. Blood and brains spew everywhere as the lance transfixes his head.

Gorguk reins Durok in, but finds that his lance is stuck in the Stag Lord's skull.

A stunned silence falls. Then a bandit steps forward towards the gate... (Bandit reflex save vs. grease spell: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18) and throws it open.

Boy, you lot are cinematic!


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

As Gorguk charges, Rhasa (thinking the gate must be open) hustles to join him, readying her bow as she moves. She is greatly confused when she realizes that Gorguk is apparently charging the fort itself!

As thoughts that the paladin has lost his mind begin to form, he deftly flips his lance upward at a target above the wall - a target that sounds distinctly unwoodlike. And that produces a considerable amount of gore on the now-stuck lance.

When Gorguk stops to consider the situation and the gate opens, Rhasa draws back and aims her bow, expecting an enemy, but not firing blindly. She waits to let him signal his intent while Gorguk figures out whether to abandon the lance or how he might free it.

Oh, my, Gorguk! Words fail me...

3,001 to 3,050 of 4,480 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.