Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


2,951 to 3,000 of 4,206 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

They must be given every chance to do so willingly. If coerced, then we do not know if repentance is true or just a cover. I tried to get those two to see reason and they chose instead to continue their current lifestyle. If they are not repentant, then follow the rules of the charter we were given. It is harsh but necessary to cleanse this area and have folks start anew.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the forest

Gorguk skewers one fleeing bandit in terminal manner, but the other one eludes him, dodging round a large prickly bush and vanishing before Gorguk's freed his lance.

Back with the rest, Georg Rassillon accepts the reins of the spare horse without comment.

Samlor looks a bit better.

"Thank you, friend Gorguk... I have little to tell. I was heading east, and was setting up camp for the night when this bunch jumped me. A day, day and a half ago, that was. Said they were taking me to their Staglord..."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa looks at Gorguk. "Shall I go hunting?"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

With both bandits unconscious, Calinder just waits for instructions as to what their next step is to be.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar nodded, then looked down at the unconscious bandits.

To Barnabus and Calinder: Gorguk says give them the chance to decide whether they'll repent their wrongdoing. If they don't, then I'll be the one to handle what to do after. We'll do this one at a time. He pointed to the one that fainted. We'll start with him, but first...

The magician went through his gear and refreshed his appearance before using his active spell to clean up the soiled bandit. Once that was done, he looked to Calinder.

Wake him. You can make the pitch.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder takes his waterskin and removing the stopper, splashes a little water on the face of the man Lothar indicated. Then kneeling down next to the bandit, Calinder says, "Okay, my friend...You have one last opportunity. If you will renounce the Staglord and serve those who have been wronged by the Staglord for a year then you may live, otherwise you will meet the same fate as the others who have not renounced the Staglord."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The bandit splutters for a moment.

"Um. Difficult choice... let me think a moment... Oh, all right. I'd rather stay alive. What do you want me to do?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar looked to Barnabus. Wake the other. He gets the same offer.

So far, so good.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

sorry hotel i am at claimed to have wifi. It does not and no computer for guests to use as well. Found a signal and a quick post now. Will be back home tomorrow late.

Yes Rhasa, we can't let one escape and warn the Staglord right now. If you can't find him return before sunrise. Don't risk yourself more than necessary. Erastil be with you. Happy hunting. Tell Lothar that you are leaving on a quick journey so he is not alarmed by the silence.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

She fades back into the dark after giving each of the new recruits an appraising look.

Lothar:
"We were surprised by four bandits on their way to the fort with Samor the messenger as a captive. Two accepted Gorguk's offer, one has died on his lance, and I will be seeking out the other. Be careful, I may be out of range."

Megan:
Rhasa will make her way to where Sunset is waiting and attempt to track the bandit beginning where he first disappeared from view.

Survival 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 +1 in forests, +2 in plains, as appropriate

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 +2 in plains

I don't believe I have Sunset's stats, so I don't know what his stealth check would be.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rhasa': Sunset looks pleased at the prospect of a side trip just with you, and nuzzles at your shoulder as you check for tracks. It's clear to your trained eye which direction he took, travelling at speed... and away from the Stag Lord's fort. You mount and follow.

May I have a couple more rolls as you track him, please? Bear with me, he's sped off and it will take you a while to catch up (or to get into bowshot, if preferred).


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:
Here's a few more. She will try to get closer than bleakly, especially in the dark. Bonuses for forest or plains remain, of course.

Survival 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Survival 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Survival 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Survival 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"The other will be harder to wake as he is under our friend's spell here", Calinder says as he indicates Barnabus as being the friend and source of the spell.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk watches Rhasa head off on Sunset and hopes that this isn't a fools errand that he is sending her on. The alternative would be worse though if the bandits and the Staglord found out that there were members of the Wardens in the fort right now. Too many options and none of them good it seems. The was nothing for it but to wait for the others to return or until sunrise. Hopefully Rhasa is back at sunrise before he approaches the fort. The rest of the night is spent waiting and watching the campsite. As much as he wants to question Samlor about his journey and the results of his mission, he knows that the messenger needs rest and a good nights sleep first. There will be time tomorrow to inquire about father Ralu.


Male Human Witch 5

@ Calindar
"No harder tha a deep slumber."


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Well then let give this a try", Calinder says as he reaches down and grabs the other bandit by the shoulders and shakes him and then pours a little water over his face to hopefully speed up the process.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The sleeping bandit comes awake, spluttering and cursing... then falling silent as he realises that it's you lot. He looks wide-eyed from one to another, waiting for you to speak.

Meanwhile, Rhasa' follows a fairly clear trail through the forest.

Samlor asks if you have anything to eat, it appears that the bandits neglected to feed him. Georg looks rather apologetic and produces some bread and cheese at once.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Continuing to stand over the bandit, Calinder says to him, "Your friend here has made the wise decision to renounce the Staglord and give up being a bandit. To answer his question as to what that entails, you will be required to serve those who you have wronged in this area for a period of time, and then you will be free to make your own way at an honest trade or occupation. If you choose not to renounce the Staglord, then you will meet swift justice as we have been tasked with preparing this area for settlement and removing the threat of bandits to those who will come here."

"So, what say ye sir, do ye renounce the Staglord as your mate here did?"


Male Human Witch 5

"He speaks truth under lawful charter, we have the right tah pardon or punish those who committe offenses to tha land."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk wil do what he can for Samlor while maintaining his vigil. Hopefully Rhasa returns soon safe with success.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

"B..but... Renounce the Staglord? What else would I do? Um. Guess I could join your gang if you defeat him..." He doesn't look happy.

In the forest

Samlor eats the bread and cheese which Georg Rassillon gives him with evident relish.

Elsewhere in the forest

After about 20 minutes tracking, Rhasa' comes within sight of the fleeing bandit, who has slowed to a trot and is oblivious to her presence.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar knelt down beside the bandit and draped an arm around the hesitant bandit. So, your decision is to wait and see if we defeat him and then join us? The sudden drop in temperature matched the magician's cold tone as he drew the scared man tightly into him and continued speaking, his breath visible due to the chill: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Lothar will cause his prestidigitation to cool the air enough so that the breath can be seen, before using nei jing to disrupt the bandit's internal harmonics... basically sneak attacking the bandit with nonlethal unarmed damage over the next two rounds with Knockout Artist to boost damage. Sleight of Hand to do so without being obvious: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24; First round: sneak attack damage die:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; Second round: unarmed damage die: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. If he's still conscious, Lothar will wait to see if the bandit's mind has been changed. If not, then he will finish him.


Male Human Witch 5

In the tunnel

"No one said you must join any gang or be involved in any fighting, one former bandit hast abandoned life and death by tha sword in favor o tha brewin o ale, an we even helped him tah reclaim tha life he desired fer himself.....What life or death dost thou desire?"


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:
Rhasa will continue to follow him. Her intent is to wait until he dismounts, perhaps to camp, and confront him on foot. After his horse and hers are unavailable to him.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"As my friend here has said, you could do anything. Is there something you always wanted to do, or a talent that you have that you would like to use for good? The possibilities are endless, but I urge you to choose well, your life may well depend on it."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

The bandit looks confused, then begins to shiver as Lothar lowers the ambient temperature.

"B...but what else would I do but wait to see which band comes out on top?"

He begins to slump, but clings on to consciousness, barely.

In the forest

Rhasa's bandit continues to ride on, oblivious.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

She's a hunter, she can be patient. Continue to follow at a distance.


Male Human Witch 5

In the tunnel:

"Ahh one controlled by cowardice going like tha lamb with his fellows to tha slaughter. Think you that we three are tha only ones opposing tha staglord. Tha staglord can not stand we control tha land between here and the Swordlords themselves, all threats removed and dealt with leaving only this rats nest to be dealt with!"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder just stands there in the cold air, shaking his head sadly at the indecision of this man who has just been offered the freedom to do as he wished.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

The bandit shrugs.

"It's all the same to me. Whatever gang's on top will do. You're confident, that's good... if you have what it takes to back up your boasts."


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Turning towards Lothar, Calinder says, "Looks as if this man is just a follower and unwilling to decide his own fate. Does that mean that it's up to us to decide his fate then?"


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:
Change of plans. After they are some distance from the camp and the man appears to be calmed down, Rhasa kick Sunset up to a pace just fast enough to catch the man. When she is within hailing distance, she will do so. He never saw her where Gorguk confronted them. "Traveler! What errand keeps you horseback at such a late hour?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Not us. Just me. I have my instructions. I will be the one to carry it out. The magician paused for a moment before looking back at the back at the bandit and continuing. ...'tis a far greater kindness I give you.

Lothar will finish the bandit off as he runs his free hand over the man's face, as though closing his eyes. Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 First Round - sneak attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Second Round - unarmed damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

Lothar attends to matters as described... and the bandit falls asleep, never to awaken in this life.

In the forest

Rhasa' hails the bandit, who starts and turns, one hand on his sword hilt.

"Sorry, you startled me. Willam's the name. Just... travelling. Parted company with some others, thought I'd lay down a few miles before resting."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Willam? Pleased to meet you. I have a message to deliver or I probably would let my steed rest." She reaches forward to give Sunset an affectionate pat. "It seems the Wardens have been very successful rooting out the Staglord's men. I hear a camp they used to harry the trading post is no more. You know, they say the Wardens are looking for good men to settle the area. If you are of a mind to stay around, they would probably be happy to have you. I've even heard tell of a few men - former bandits - that have sworn to mend their ways and help make this a better place to live."

Not sure what the appropriate check would be - she not really bluffing. She's trying to give the man a second chance to make his decision without the pressure. Maybe diplomacy? I guess the bonus is the same, regardless.

Charisma check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

To save time later...

Gorguk will question and talk to Samlor asking about affairs to the north and about his mission with Father Ralu. Gorguk is hoping that the word was delivered and that Father Ralu will be able to come back this way. Any and all expenses will undoubtedly be paid back of course for his safe travel.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the forest

Willam puts his head on one side.

"I had had a mind to quit the forest and seek my future elsewhere, but... if these 'Wardens' have need of someone who can hunt and trap as well as swing a sword, and can provide regular pay, I'd be interested. I am tired of living hand-to-mouth."

Elsewhere in the forest

Samlor says that he had found Father Ralu unwell, but that he had said that he would see if some of the younger members of his order were interested in coming to the forest.


Male Human Witch 5

in the tunnel
"Tis done an tha other?"


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Sounds like just the sort they need. They've even been giving the Staglord's bandits the option to work to serve the community for a year and be forgiven their past, so even those folks get a fresh start if they are willing."


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder nods in acceptance of Lothar's reply and watches as the man falls asleep.

In reply to Barnabus' question, Calinder says, "I believe our other 'friend' here has made the decision to renounce the Staglord and change his ways. The bigger question would be what to do with him at this moment. Do we take him with us, send him out to the others, or have him remain here?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

After gently laying the bandit on the tunnel floor, Lothar rose from where he had been kneeling.

We've done what we can for now. All we can do is wait for Gorguk and the others' signal. We'll do so in shifts. I'll start. You all get some rest. That goes double for you, Mr. Hunt.

And with that, the magician made his way to the opposite end of the tunnel. As he did, the cold that had pervaded the area went away as well.


Male Human Witch 5

"Perhaps set his feet tah tha road an Gorguks waiting arms fer more questions."

Points to the tunnel they had enetered through.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder nods once more at Lothar's suggestion and finds a place to sit down with his back against the tunnel wall, trying to get as comfortable as possible so he can get some rest.

Upon waking, Calinder will take some time to meditate and commune with Erastil.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Alas, I had hoped to here better news. Tell me is it something severe or just age catching up with him? I had hoped to be there when his strength finally failed him.
Erastil, grant him strength and let him persevere through this trial. Let him know that there are those who wish him well.

Gorguk will take some time to meditate and pray for his friend but only if it seems that the reformed bandits aren't doing to make a sudden move. During this time he will also consider again the morning and the ramifications of the Wardens actions.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"He'd taken a fall, broke a leg. Then got a chest infection. Brother Bart, who's a noted healer it seems, is confident that he'll make a full recovery but does not advise travel at the moment," said Samlor.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

A broken leg is all. Well I was fearing worse I guess. He should be mended and ready to continue on in a few short weeks. Sooner since you had to travel to get here. Thank y for your device and I am sorry for what has happened to you. Don't worry I still remember you request and the time is coming in which I hope to be able to influence that decision. Rest now for tomorrow will be an interesting day.

Ready to move forward when Rhasa is back.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

How much time remains until Gorguk and Akiros approach the front gate? Trying to figure out how best to divide the watch-standing in the tunnel between Lothar, Calinder, and Barnabus.


Male Human Witch 5

"Let us be aware and rush not into battle."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You reckon it is about 3am now... dawn will be around 5.30am.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Thanks, DM! Unless there are objections, Lothar will end his watch after an hour, at which point he'll have Barnabus stand for 30 minutes, then Calinder after that for 30. The last half hour will be spent getting ready for the upcoming assault. That sound good?

2,951 to 3,000 of 4,206 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.