Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


251 to 300 of 4,206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Here is the latest iteration of the map, thanks Rhasa!

And so to the action...

Calinder is busy healing himself very effectively (Who says the board die roller isn't friendly upon occasion!

Rhasadilara - Sniping is not affected by your being stealthy, but any Stealth check made immediately after you have fired a shot is a move action and at a -20 penalty! - you fire and this time hit the fellow, who discovers that an arrow in the shoulder somewhat impedes drawing your own longbow!

Lothar assumes his formal opening stance and challenges the bandit in front of him. The fellow is obviously unfamiliar with your style, or indeed martial arts etiquette in general, and takes a hack at you with a shortsword! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 doing 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage.

Barnabus is having a good cackle.

Bandits:

Kressle is squaring up to Gorguk, whirling two handaxes in dizzying patterns before taking two chops at him 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 - spectacular but ineffective.

Bandit #3 is behind Kressle and seems content to stay there, but Bandit #4 is climbing over the tree stump at Z9 in apparent attempt to come at Calinder whilst avoiding Kressle's whirling axes.

The cook dives under the watchtower and burrows under the canvas-covered equipment there.

Gorguk flails at Kressle... no doubt distracted a bit by flailing axes!


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Trying to find a gap in her defenses while avoiding the blows of the 2 twirling axes is proving a daunting task. However, Gorguk knew that cleansing the Greelands would be no easy task. This would be just one of many that he would have to overcome. Power attack Kressel 1d20 + 3 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 3 - 1 = 8 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 12

what the heck, I can't roll higher than a 3 attacking Kressel. Gorguk is seriously beginning to wonder if it is indeed Erastil's wishes that Kressle be defeated. Maybe she is being forced to do this and this is not of her own free will.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Rhasadilara Goldenbough wrote:

Lothar:
I think if you come straight 'south' on the map and circumvent the tree trunk (hidden below the foliage) that you will be able to come up to #5 without passing any of the other bandits. No Acrobatics required, as far as I can tell.

Works for me. I was having a hard time placing where exactly I was on the map.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar step from his stance and launched a low side-angle kick to the bandit's thigh just above the knee, his intent to weaken the mobility of his opponent and prevent him from stabbing him with that sword again. He tried not to show it, but the injury inflicted on Lothar hurt far more than he could let on.

My attack roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
My damage roll 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:
Rhasadilara - Sniping is not affected by your being stealthy, but any Stealth check made immediately after you have fired a shot is a move action and at a -20 penalty! - you fire and this time hit the fellow, who discovers that an arrow in the shoulder somewhat impedes drawing your own longbow!

Realizing that her efforts to hide after the shot are not doing much good, Rhasa concentrates on her shot, hoping to remove the threat once and for all.

She sees the unarmed one facing the armed bandit. I've seen the like and he's obviously had some training, but it is difficult even for an experienced artist to fend off a sword... perhaps I can provide him aid. But first things first...

Longbow Attack on #2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 +1 within 30'
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 7 +1 within 30'

With that shot, she will drop her bow and, drawing her blade as she goes, move to flank #5 with Lothar. She will move to Z15.

Lothar sees a tall elven woman - over six feet tall - with long blonde hair step out of the bushes and let fly an arrow at the watch platform above him and to his right. With a small smile, she nods to herself and drops her bow before reaching behind her head and drawing forth a long curved sword as she moves to aid Lothar in his fight.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

With Kressel now standing right next to Gorguk and himself, Calinder drops his crossbow to the ground next to him, and draws his Morningstar from where it is attached to his belt. He then attacks Kressel.

Melee attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, unfortunately in his hurry to draw his weapon, he got off balance and swung wide of his intended target.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Lothar Narda wrote:

Lothar step from his stance and launched a low side-angle kick to the bandit's thigh just above the knee, his intent to weaken the mobility of his opponent and prevent him from stabbing him with that sword again. He tried not to show it, but the injury inflicted on Lothar hurt far more than he could let on.

My attack roll 1d20+3
My damage roll 1d3+3

Wow...I was so excited that I finally got a decent roll from the dice roller,I put my post in bold type!


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar saw a tall elven woman - over six feet tall - with long blonde hair step out of the bushes and let fly an arrow at the watch platform above him and to his right. With a small smile, she nodded approvingly to herself and dropped her bow before reaching behind her head and drawing forth a long curved sword as she moved to aid him in his fight.

Perfection be praised! Kylia has... Wait! This most definitely was not the human that had traveled with him and the others. So, who then was this?
Lothar shook his head. For now at least, she was an ally and to Lothar that was what mattered most. Surviving so that all of this could be figured out later. It would not do to question such fortuity when it presented itself. He appreciated the twist and would look forward to straightening it out.
He watched the bandit carefully, moving to not only match his movements but to make sure that his foe was trapped between himself and the lovely female elf. When the opportunity presented itself, Lothar would step up, jump forward and off one leg, striking with that leg's knee. But as effective as a flying knee strike could be in dropping his opponent, it required a sense of timing that could not be taken lightly. One misstep could see Lothar lying on the ground with his lifeblood flowing from his body, his hunt ended before it could even begin.
The Vudrani magician looked to his new-found ally. He could only hope that their ability to work together would be effective enough as to enable him to perform as he needed.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus cackles away and searches for a bandit not engaged in melee to fire off a shot with his crossbow.

Attack roll
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Roll to confirm critical
1d20 ⇒ 4
no good!

damage
1d8 ⇒ 7


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

With some relief, Rhasadilara notes no negative reaction from her new ally. He seems to be relieved, confused, surprised, all at once. At least he's not offended by my cutting in with his dance partner. In fact, rather than being upset with her instrusion into his private battle, he seems to be working to keep the thug between us. Very well, I think I can work with that...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

And so the 'dance' continues...

Calinder flails at Kressle, missing her.

Rhasadilara fires at the bandit on the watchtower, dropping him, and then scampers over to beside Lothar, drawing her sword.

Lothar gets in a good kick on his bandit, which staggers him a bit.

Barnabus fires at Bandit #3, hitting him square in the chest with a crossbow bolt and sending him staggering back.

Bandits:

Kressle continues to whirl her axes at Gorguk, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 - roll for critical 1d20 ⇒ 13 (bottoms!) doing 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage, the other axe 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 missing completely!

Bandit #3 is more interested in the crossbow bolt sticking in him than anything else.

Bandit #4 charges at Calinder, taking a hack at him with a shortsword, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 and missing horribly.

Gorguk continues to be thwarted by those swirling axes and has yet to land a blow on Kressle.

OK, next round please.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

If the stump isn't in the way, or bandit #4 isn't already there, then Calinder will take a 5' step to Y9 and put Kressel between Gorguk and himself. He will then attack Kressel. If I'm not able to move to that square, I'll just stay where I am (X8).

Calinder takes a step towards the stump behind Kressel putting the bandit leader between Gorguk and himself. He then attacks again with his morningstar.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, Well another monstrous miss, even worse if I didn't get Kressel flanked. Just hope it is able to help Gorguk.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus cackles to keep the penalties on Kressel.......


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Since her new ally doesn't seem to mind, Rhasa will press the attack against their common opponent.

Elven Curved Blade vs #5 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 including flank bonus
Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Well, at least I didn't steal Lothar's kill...

Sorry I got behind with the map -- Calinder, it appears to me that #4 avoided Y9 to get to you, so I presume he is in Y8 after attacking you last round. I've updated the latest map accordingly. It's on its way to our fair DM.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Actually, I have long GREY hair...

Here's the latest map courtesty of dear Rhasadilara.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:

Actually, I have long GREY hair...

Here's the latest map courtesty of dear Rhasadilara.

Fair is fair, milady. And I'll wager in the right light, it's fair indeed. ;-)


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Megan, if Kressle is evil the attack misses due to my smiting her. My AC goes up by 3 giving me a 21 against her. Thanks Barnabus for hexing her.
With the aid of Cal, Gorguk presses his attack on the formidable Kressel trying to land a blow and keep the focus on him rather than his companions. Power attack Kressel1d20 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 17 damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8This attack and damage include the smite, if not evil the attack is a 14 and damage is a 7

Finally finding a weak spot in her defense due to Cal's distraction, Gorguk, empowered by Erastil lands a blow to the bandit leader. Come Kressel, let us continue this dance.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Kressle evil? Why, whatever gave you that idea? But she is... bad to the bone. OK then, it was the narrowest of narrow misses :)


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)
Megan Robertson wrote:
Kressle evil? Why, whatever gave you that idea? But she is... bad to the bone. OK then, it was the narrowest of narrow misses :)

Whew...I was trusting in Walter's story. I love that smite evil :)


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar watched as the female elf launched an attack with what appeared to be a longer thinner version of a scimitar. He cringed, noting how wide and exaggerated her motions were as she moved. By all accounts, elves are better trained than this. Either all that I've heard is not true or her misstep was deliberate so as to set me up for....

The Vudrani stepped up and rushed towards the bandit, jumping forward and off one leg, his intent to strike the bandit with that leg's knee...

Lothar's attack roll: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Lothar's critical confirmation roll: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 no critical
Lothar's damage roll: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

...and landed a solid hit to the head. Lothar's grim expression did not change as he landed then turned to resume his stance, hoping to see what he knew should be the outcome of his strike: a downed bandit.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus wonders about this Lothar fellow, is he actually trying to defeat the bandits? Why does he not use a weapon? This one is suspicious and needs to be watched....

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Next round:

Calinder steps forward to successfully flank Kressle, but fails to hit her.

Rhasadilara twirls her elven blade but fails to connect with the bandit...

However Lothar drops him with a solid knee to the head!

Barnabus cackles away and watches the fun (and Lothar).

Bandits:
Kressle spins her axes in yet another dizzying pattern, still focussed on Gorguk... 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 but to no effect.

Bandit #3 decides he's had enough and drops to his knees pleading for mercy.

Bandit #4 is now out cold courtesy of Lothar's knee.

Gorguk gathers his strength and skill and lands a solid blow on Kressle! Well done. She drops one of her axes as your blade cuts into her left shoulder, hissing in pain.

In the distance there's a tremendous crash as the far watchtower (the one Kylia set alight) collapses to the ground amidst screams, then all goes silent.

And the dance continues...


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

His face set in grim determination to finish the dance with Kressel, Gorguk is almost oblivious to the sounds around him. It isnt until the crash and the screams from farther west that bring him back to his surroundings. Taking a quick glance around, he finally sees the elf next to Lothar. These bandits just keep on coming. They are like ants. You step on 1 just to have more show up. Taking a quick swing at Kressel now that he found one weak spot to exploit, attack 1d20 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 24 dam 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Gorguk yells out Barnabus, I think we can handle this for now. Please check on Kylia.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus not one for rash actions, heads the direction of the watchtower and reloads his crossbow as he goes.

Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder again swings at Kressel trying to take advantage of the flanking opportunity that he created.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 = 16, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, this one should be close to a hit, I hope, I hope, I hope.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Lothar's target was #5. #4 is the one that climbed over the tree stump to attack Calinder.

The elven woman smiles at Lothar's successful attack and gives him a half-bow. "Well done and well met. Call me Rhasa." She points at the canvas cover below the watchtower with her sword. "There is one hiding under the canvas - I don't think there's any fight in him, though. Let's aid your fellows."

At the sound of the crash, she looks up quickly, but the silence following the crash would indicate no further threat, so she dismisses it from her mind.

She moves past the bandits' campfire and around the tree stump, stopping just out of reach of bandit #4 in AA8. Pointing her blade at him, she says, "I suggest that you think carefully before you swing that weapon again."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

This humble one is called Lothar. And your aid was ...is appreciated. The Vudran produced a 7 inch darkwood white-tipped wand and ran it across himself while reciting the phrase Sdnuow Thgil Eruc."
Lothar burns a charge from his wand to heal himself some of the damage he's taken. 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

His wounds fully healed, the magician sought out the elf that had assisted him and saw that she was attempting to aid Calinder, his team's cleric. He stepped that way but thought better of it when he noticed Gorguk's battle with the screeching female bandit. That must be Kressel. The faster she goes down, the faster we can end this.

He made his way to the half-orc's side and pointed in dramatic fashion at the woman. It's over for you Kressel! Give up now and you shall be granted mercy! Persist... Nothing else needed to be added to his last. One last chance to see if she could change her ways.
One last chance to see the true quality of this bandit.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Calinder strikes Kessle successfully, well done. She staggers back, eyes wild, bleeding from a cut to her right thigh.

Rhasadilara threatens the bandit to good effect, he drops his sword and holds his hands out, pleading for his life.

Lothar heals himself and moves to threaten Kressle...

Barnabus moves carefully towards the far watchtower, all he can see is a jumble of fallen, smashed, scorched lumber.

Kressle turns to flee...

... and is cut down by Gorguk, measuring her length on the ground and not rising again.

That's the fight pretty much done. Two bandits out cold (the Bathroom Boy and the one who didn't show proper fight etiquette), one has surrendered, Kressle's down and there's the cook hiding under the tarpaulin. A steady drip of blood from unmoving form of the fellow on top of that watchtower suggests he's probably dead (or soon will be).

OK, back to normal posting, please.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder with morningstar still in hand glances at the members of the party that he can see, checking to see who is injured. His gaze finally resting on the stranger who seems to have come to their assistance.

Check to see who in the party is in need of healing. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Where are Barnabus and Kylia?"


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus considers the bandits carefully finally deciding on the surrendered bandit,

Barnabus produces manacles from his belt to shackle a bandit....
"Who should these go on?"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

In response to Barnabus's inquiry, Kressel, then we should heal her to find out how many others there are and where they might be.

Heal check on Kressel 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 So much for me stabalizing her.

Once Kressel is stabalized, Gorguk will ask the conscious bandits who they are and what their story is. Sense motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 After listending to them, he will confer with the others as to what should be done with them.

After bandits story:
Well, companions, what do you think of their stories or excuses? Do you think that they can be reformed or shall their unrepentant banditry be punished as is our charter? I am for second chances if we believe that they deserve it.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

A little retroactive continuity for Rhasa

When the bandit surrenders, she does not lower her sword, but tells him to lay facedown and grasp his wrists behind his back until they tell him otherwise. She makes sure his weapon is not within easy reach as she sees the woman bandit brought low by the half orc with some satisfaction.

After that, she moves over to the tarp and commands, "The fighting is done unless you foolishly wish to start anew. Come out and keep your hands where I can see them and you will probably get to keep both of them. If I have to come in after you, I can't promise you will keep your head. That's my offer to you."


Male Human Witch 5

"A fairer offer I have not heard in some time"...

Barnabus goes to shackle Kressel
Once shackled Barnabus asks..
"Should we kill this one or heal her?"

Others respond
Kill her

Spoiler:

Barnabus will do so, possibly a repeat of the scene with Happs

Heal her

Spoiler:

will use the healing hex for a CLW

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rhasadilara's bandit obeys promptly, laying down and holding his wrists as directed. She then moves over to the tarpaulin and starts issuing commands.

The tarpaulin lifts and the cook comes out. He's still holding a skewered rabbit... and looks rather wild-eyed.

"Please don't hurt me... are you hungry? There are some root vegetables roasting in the fire, and more rabbit... I don't think this one is fit any more. I was only here to cook, I'm not one of them, just hired to feed 'em. My name's Dyfrig." He's just about babbling in fear, words spilling out.

Gorguk goes over to the bandit who Rhasadilara left lying face down to question him.

"What do you want to know? Our boss is a monster of a man. Calls himself the Stag Lord. He's a deadeye with the bow, and I saw him crush a prisoner's hand to mush in one fist, he's that strong. He always wears a creepy stag helmet, some of my friends think he ain't got no face under it, but not me - I think that creepy helm is his face! He's a drunkard too. There's a load of booze under the platform which we're supposed to be delivering to him. He's half of what he used to be, and ain't never been right in the head. A few weeks ago he punched my horse for spittin' in the yard. Personally, I wouldn't care if he dropped dead tomorrow, but even drunk out of his mind he's still got a fair amount of fight to him, so watch out!"

Barnabus shackles Kressle, who as far as he can tell is unconscious and very near death.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)
Barnabus wrote:

"A fairer offer I have not heard in some time"...

Barnabus goes to shackle Kressel
Once shackled Barnabus asks..
"Should we kill this one or heal her?"

Heal her
** spoiler omitted **

Heal her. We need to know what information she has regarding this area. i would hate for there to be another group of bandits just over the horizon. If there are other groups, she should know about them.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Megan Robertson wrote:

She then moves over to the tarpaulin and starts issuing commands.

The tarpaulin lifts and the cook comes out. He's still holding a skewered rabbit... and looks rather wild-eyed.

"Please don't hurt me... are you hungry? There are some root vegetables roasting in the fire, and more rabbit... I don't think this one is fit any more. I was only here to cook, I'm not one of them, just hired to feed 'em. My name's Dyfrig." He's just about babbling in fear, words spilling out

Does his claim square with what Rhasa has seen during her recon of the camp the last day or two? She doesn't know who actually participated in the raid on her original party, but if he's only a cook, she might have some idea of that from watching.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 hopefully with a bonus from watching the camp previously

Rhasa knows nothing of this, but I thought Barnabus was checking on Kylia and the other watchtower bandit. Did he determine that they had both perished?

If she believes he's truly 'just a cook':

Rhasa gives Dyfrig a level stare before sheathing her sword and motioning for him to return to the fire and to his work.

If she does not believe he's truly 'just a cook':

Rhasa gives Dyfrig a small smile, says, "If you say so," and motions him to return back to his work using her sword.

Either way:

She will keep an eye on Dyfrig, but she heads over to where she dropped her bow earlier, then moves over to one of the seats by the campfire where she can watch the cook and the invaders while she cleans the weapon. Seeing them heal the bandit witch, she raises her voice so they can hear her, "If you are in the business of healing bandits, there's another bleeding badly up there," and she gestures to the watchtower, "but I can't promise that he hasn't gone to join his ancestors already."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar glared at Barnabus, his defiance a slap in the face given Gorguk's last order to him. If he won't do it...

The magician said not a word, but quickly made his way over to the watchtower, hoping that Kylia would have things under control now that the fighting had stopped.

Alright DM, lay it on me! I can take it! What is it that Lothar sees once he arrives on the scene.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus goes ahead and uses the healing hex on Kressel, since she is disarmed and shackled....

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Since we broke combat, I already assumed that Barnabus checked on Kylia before he produced the manacles...oops, too late now to go back and fix that.

Seeing that Cal, Barnabus and the mysterious but beneficial elf have things under control, Gorguk will leave the interogation to go with Lothar and look for Kylia. She should be over here by now with us after dispatching that sentry. May Erastil protect her until we find her. Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5 Kylia, where are you. We have the camp subdued. It is safe.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa stands from her seat. "Master Lothar, who is this Kylia the half-orc calls to? Are not all of your companions accounted for?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As I see it, Barnabus started towards the far watchtower, saw that it had fallen but that the fire was out, and turned back to assist in the clean-up operation. Everyone happy with that?

Rhasadilara, your observations of the past few days saw the 'cook' remain in the camp pottering around whilst others came and went. He certainly seems to have been the only person to undertake 'housekeeping' duties.

Lothar heads over to the far watchtower. Its scorched and blackened remains lie in a tangle, one body of a bandit - clearly dead, necks don't go at that angle naturally - sprawled having been catapaulted out of it as it fell. You can see a hand and a pair of legs, probably not attached to the same body unless it is really badly mangled, protruding from under some of the heavier beams. Gorguk joins you...

Barnabus casts his healing hex and stabilises Kressle. She moans a bit.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Well, Dyfrig, it appears that supper will be delayed. Do keep the rabbit from burning..."

Rhasa hustles in the direction that Gorguk and Lothar disappeared, bow in hand.

"What is it? What have you found?"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

What in the world happened here, I thought that there was only 1 bandit in the... Kylia! Dropping the shield and removing the sword, Gorguk rushes over to Lothar. Let me help you with those beams, Lothar. Strength check if needed.1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 With that Gorguk starts moving some of the debris around the arm and legs fearing the worst.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Seeing them trying to move the wood from the collapsed tower, Rhasa hurries over. Setting her bow down, she tries to find a handhold to help.

Strength check (to aid another) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Unfortunately, she struggles to find footing to brace herself...


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus checks that indeed Kressels wounds are on the mend. Looking around he notes the paladin has taken off again......

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Bad news! The arm belongs to Kylia. It appears that she was crushed by the falling guardtower and is, I am sorry to say, quite dead.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa will help extract the stricken woman's body from the wreckage while the half-orc holds the platform up, checking for a pulse and not finding one. She looks up at the two men and shakes her head. Softly, "She was an ally? I'm truly sorry for your loss."

She busies herself with making the dead woman presentable, limbs arranged in a natural position (arms at her side, legs straight), eyelids closed, clothing straightened as much as possible.

Eventually, she has nothing left to do and she says a soft prayer, "Bowfather, I know not this woman, but I ask that her trip to the afterlife be straight and true."

After all of this, she looks up at the men and waits. I've gone to far - she was their friend, after all. I wonder what they would have me do instead, though?


Male Human Witch 5

"Ah the fates can be cruel, I was at one time to be by her side for this raid, I was certain she would be further from the path of harm....

"Where shall I dig her grave?"

"She is certainly more deserving of proper burial than those bandits who came to Oleg's"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder says nothing as the others discuss what to do with Kressel.

He wonders what would be done with Kressel if they heal her. She is on the verge of death now and healing her to then just turn around and kill her seems a waste of the healing power granted to such as himself, and cruel to the person healed and then killed. She could be turned over to the authorities in Rostland, but that would be a long trip back.

Since there are so many conflicting ideas running through his head he continues to remain silent, and await news of Kylia as he helps watch the remaining bandits, morningstar still in hand.

Calinder is relieved when Barnabus heals Kressel and that no one asked him directly to do it, but is still questioning what should be done with her now that she is healed.

Upon hearing the news of Kylia's demise, Calinder says a quiet prayer for her and concludes by saying, "Fare thee well in the next life Kylia, and save a place for us when our time comes to join you."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Once Kylia has been rmoved from the wreckage, Cal, will you be so gracious as to perform a memorial service for Kylia once we are done with the bandits. Alas, I should have listened to Lothar and Barnabus. They both spoke wisdom in having someone go with her. What do you think we should do to honor her? do we try to find her family, do we bury her, or do we have a funeral pyre? My inclination is to send her possessions to her family once they can be reached and to light a funeral pyre now. If the decision is for a pyre, then Gorguk will stay up all night watching and adding wood till morning. Fort save to avoid fatigued 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

As far as the rest of the bandits are concerned, Gorguk is willing to give them a second chance if the others agree. If the bandits know more information about possible others in the area or more on the location of the Staglord then Gorguk is fine with Kressel being executed. If they don't know any more than Gorguk would like to see Kressel healed, questioned, and turned over for public trial/execution. This last request is to show others in the Greenlands that we are a fair and just group, not just stronger and willing to take by force what we want.

Finally, regarding the elven woman who stands with them now Who might you be? You do not appear to be a bandit turned to good. I appreciate your help in the subduing of these bandits, but it would be foolish of me not to know who you are and why you are here... now of all times? I am Gorguk, initiate of Erastil, and these are my companions Lothar, Barnabus and Calinder, cleric and wise in the teachings of Erastil.

(edit) Gorguk will also want to know where Kressel has Svetlana's wedding ring? If the other bandits don't know, then we will have to ask Kressel.

251 to 300 of 4,206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.