Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


2,901 to 2,950 of 4,217 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The bandits remain unconscious...

Somewhere in the distance, a small warm furry creature screeches as an owl dines.

Then the calm of the forest is broken as a fast-riding troop crashes through the undergrowth, seemingly heading straight for Gorguk's position. Durok throws his head up, sniffing the air and pricking his ears forwards.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa, waiting near the paladin, gets his attention as soon as she hears the ruckus and fades into the nearby foliage, readying her bow.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

No offense intended to anyone at all, but the threads did not even have a pulse. A bogus post, at least in the discussion, would let those of us off-stage know there was still a game going on here. Of course, lulls like this are why I'm in more games than I can count, too.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk quickly mounts and prepares for the oncoming disturbance. Lance and shield are ready, but he holds off waiting to see if this be friend or foe. Gorguk can feel Durok under him tremble as he too is preparing for what is to come next. Hoping to attract the attention and leave Rhasa undetected, Gorguk makes sure to be a few feet (20) away and makes some noise.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Durok's perception Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Well let me think here what may be best in this situation..."

Calinder pauses to think for a moment on what he might be able to do in way of assistance.

Calinder then holds up his holy symbol in his left hand and asks Erastil to grant him the power to heal all living creatures near by. A wave positive power then issues forth from Calinder that wash over all those in the tunnel.

Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 Everyone in a 30-foot radius of Calinder receives 9 hp of healing.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

Calinder glows like a lightbulb momentarily. Everyone feels invigorated. And the captive bandits stir, opening their eyes and looking around fearfully.

In the bushes

Rhasadilara spots the riders first. There are five of them, four roughly-dressed men surrounding a fellow dressed in tan and blue who has a bloody nose and a rather dazed look. After a moment, realisation dawns: it's Samlor Hil-Samt!


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa passes the news over to Gorguk but tries to remain hidden. Are they going to pass nearby?


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

As the bandits come round, Calinder reaches for his morningstar and says, "My friend here has some questions for you. I suggest that you listen and answer as best as you can."

Calinder then looks to Lothar to see what he wants to do next, or give him an opportunity to ask some questions.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Had to look up who Samlor was.
Assuming that the rough dressed men are not attacking Samlor,

Recognizing the messenger from his visit at Oleg's, Gorguk is surprised to see him here, at this time. Only something of grave import would no him this far south near the bandits stronghold. Breaking the silence other than him mounting Durok, Gorguk hails the mailman. Approaching as he talks, Samlor,hold you are heading into troubled areas. It is Gorguk. Stop here that we may aid you and yours. What news do you bring?

If the rough men are attacking or chasing Samlor and not just an escort, then Gorguk will ride over to 'lend some assistance'.


Male Human Witch 5

Not sure what happened, lost my updates.....

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the forest

As Gorguk rides forth calling to Samlor - who is riding in the middle of the group, nobody is actually brawling right now - the four 'rough' fellows go for their swords. Samlor doesn't move.

Rhasa':
Looking more closely, you see the glint of silver at the 'rough' fellows' necks. Oh, and Samlor's hands are tied to the pommel of his saddle.

In the tunnel

The bandits look even more scared.

Barnabus, are you up to speed now or do you need a recap?


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

As Calinder spoke, the magician finished casting a spell. He then turned his attention back to the frightened bandits.

You will answer truthfully. If you do not, we will know. To emphasize his point, through his magic, Lothar caused a chill to fill the air. We are looking for a man claiming to hail from Nisroch. He would have had a large, simple man traveling with him. Our reports say that they have joined up with you. Is this true?

Lothar recast prestidigitation and is going to use it to enhance his interrogation of the two. If he feels they are truthful, it'll stay chilly. If he thinks they are not, he'll cause the air to heat up.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus eyes the men glaring at them as Lothar asks questions.

Up to speed....


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Samlor what's the meaning of this? Hold your weapons friends. We are here to talk and find out what news you bring. A lot has happened since we last met. There is news to share with the greater world. Also, have you had word from Father Ralu?

Gorguk will approach to within 20 ft of Samlor with the lance point lowered to the ground.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:
Rhasadilara will let Gorguk try to talk them down, but she thinks they are bandits and readies an attack. If any of them moves to attack the paladin or Samlor, she will fire an arrow at him.

Can she make out anything about whatever glinted around his neck? Does it reminder her of anything related to the Staglord, perchance?

And where is our converted ex-paladin ex-bandit right about now?


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

While Lothar questions the bandits, he will raise the morningstar handle out of his left hand and then let it fall back into his hand with a slight smacking sound. Letting the bandits know that he is ready if they do anything out of line.

All the while thinking that Gorguk would certainly be more intimidating than he could.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the forest

The four 'rough' horsemen sit their ground, glaring a bit. One speaks up.

"Who might you be, traveller?"

Samlor remains silent.

Akiros steps forward, and stands beside Gorguk. The four 'rough' horsemen visibly relax at the sight of him.

In the tunnel

One of the bandits says "Y.. y... yes, s-sir."

The other looks a bit embarassed. This may be due to the spreading wetness on his britches.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar allowed himself something of a smirk. Good. How many occupy your fort? 10? 20? 50? More? Less?


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder fights hard to keep a smile from appearing on his face at the obvious fact that these bandits have been significantly cowed by Lothar, Barnabus and himself.

He concentrates on continuing his 'tough guy' act and listens for any interesting information that may come up from Lothar's questioning.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

As I mentioned just now, my name is Gorguk. What is the matter with Samlor? Is he not feeling well or has something happened to him? seeing the 4 relax Gorguk approaches to LoH on Samlor to remove fatigue and give him a chance to rest and recoup.

Its great fun to play a character with a negative wisdom modifier. It hurts quite often, but is fun.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:
Rhasa, sure these bandits kidnapped poor Samlor, waits for one to tip his hand or attack the paladin. She won't attack as long as it appears that Gorguk is handling things peacefully.


Male Human Witch 5

"Had Gorguk been here the stains would be even darker!"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the forest

Rhasa is correct :)

One of the 'rough' fellows looks at Akiros.

"Who's this oaf you're recruited, Akiros? We nabbed this fellow a ways back."

Akiros looks to Gorguk.

In the tunnel

"'Bout... a dozen, give or take, Sir," says the more talkative bandit.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

You're doing well. One more question and this will all be over. Provided, of course, you continue to be honest with us. Lothar's expression hardened. Otherwise...

The magician allows himself a moment before continuing. What can you tell us of your leader, the Stag Lord?


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Wisdom check

These men know Akiros. If that is the case then either they fought against him or are, were, with him. Their attitude suggests comaraderie which means that they are bandits as well.

Stopping Durok and back pedaling 10ft to be next to Akiros, Gorguk leans over and whispers to him. Redeemable or not?

Turning back to the bandits as he waits for Akiros to inform him,
Take it easy friends. No need for names on chance meetings. I met with Akiros just a few days ago and after a talk we have decided to join forces. I must say that it is reassuring to have allies unlooked for out here.

Based on Akiros response, Gorguk will either intimidate or charge for his surprise action. Hopefully Rhasa has been paying attention and is within range to help. Both are at a +5 when power attacking so here is 1 roll.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 +2 for charging if appropriate
Damage if needed 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (4, 4) + 14 = 22


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:
Sense Motive on Gorguk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

What is he doing? Can he really not see that these are bandits?

She attempts to sneak closer without giving away her location, counting on human eyes in the dark not picking her out of the other shadows. Working to within 30' of the nearest two bandits.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 +2 if this is considered plains terrain

With that Sense Motive, she's not expecting Gorguk's surprise attack, if it comes, any more than the bandits. However, when she realizes the game is on, she attacks, doing her best to go for the kill shot.

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 assumes Point Blank Shot applies
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 assumes Point Blank Shot applies

Ain't that the way? Max damage, automatic miss.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

"W..what do ya wanna know? Stag Lord's, well. A brute. Drunk mosta the time. The boss. You don't cross him if you value your life, know what I mean?" says the bandit, looking more and more nervous.

In the forest

Akiros looks up at Gorguk.

"Maybe," he says. "They've done bad stuff, heck, so have I. But they deserve the chance to mend their ways, if they want to..."

Rhasa watches, baffled at what is going on, waiting to see how it all plays out.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar's eyes narrowed as he focused on his spell, causing the temperature of the air around the bandits to rise. No. I don't know what you mean. And because you phrased your answer as you did, more questions must be asked. But you will not do the answering. Your companion will do so. The possibility of deception must be eliminated.

The magician rose from where he knelt and looked down at the frightened bandit.

To Barnabus: Can you render this bandit unconscious without affecting the other? His usefulness has ended.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder grimaces as if the answer that the bandit gave to Lothar was the wrong thing to say.

"You want me to give the this one a little smack with my morningstar for speaking as he did?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Resisting the urge to smile at Calinder's play, Lothar raised a hand toward the half-elf as though to prevent him from acting on his suggestion.

If I thought such a thing would do any good, I'd let you have at this imbecile. The magician paused here for effect, to allow what he'd just said to sink in before continuing: Though there may be some merit to your suggestion. I thought, perhaps, that by being kind, we'd get better results. It would seem that I was mistaken in that particular belief. Perhaps we should do things your way, then. After all, as far as the guild is concerned, our results are what matter, not how we obtain them.

Lothar stepped away, gesturing toward the bandit with a dramatic flourish. Indulge yourself, Mr. Hunter. You've been more than patient. After all, we still have the other to interrogate. And if he isn't any more intelligent than this one, he can then be given to Mr. Cackle, who has shown even more restraint than you, I think, in this matter.

And with that, the magician slowly began to turn away...


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Using the intimidate from before for a 16. very well Akiros.

Durok moves up next to the closest bandit while Gorguk whole demeanor changes. With a lower force full of threat and deadly intent, As I said, Akiros and I had a 'talk'. He like others before him renounced the Staglord. You have one chance, surrender and leave the staglord's forces now. You will repay your debt to those you harmed or suffer the consequences. Gorguk drops the lance and places his hand on his sword waiting for a response.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:
That's more like it! Rhasa readies her shot.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the forest

The fellow Gorguk approaches looks a bit confused.

"What do you mean, 'renounce the Stag Lord?' Who are you and who do you represent?" He is very carefully not putting his hands anywhere near his weapons.

The others sit their horses quietly, watching.

In the tunnel

The bandit to whom you have been speaking has a childish accident. You all get the impression he's scared.

"Well? W.. what else do ya wanna know?" he asks.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Simply put your days of banditry are over as of this instant. What that looks like is your choice. The Wardens are here to put an end to banditry and make this a place of peace and prosperity. You have my answer now what of yours? Gorguk's glare goes to each bandit one at a time before returning to the man just before him.

Follow up intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Witch 5

"Come the pre-whispers of eternal death, upon this man let him go."

Sleep hex upon the man who Lothar indicated

Will save DC 18.....


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder smirks as he hears Baranabus cast his hex, assuming that he is do something at Lothar's request. He once again starts pounding the handle of his morningstar into his left hand, as if getting ready to deal the bandit a blow.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

Scared Bandit will save: [dice]1d20-1[/i]

The other one rolls his eyes and looks like he wishes the earth would swallow him up.

In the forest

The leading rough fellow stares at Gorguk.

"You need to explain yourself a bit better than that," he says, although you get the distinct impression that it's bluster...

"Who are you, and why do you think I should change my whole way of life?"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk draws himself upright while dictating to the bandits their options. He approaches till he is next to The explanation is simple. Either you quit banditry and help those you have harmed, or you answer to me, Gorguk Tsadok, leader of the Wardens of the Green. The group that is tasked by the swordlords and commanded to end the reign of the Staglord. We have been commissioned to end this threat with impunity and by any means necessary. This starts now by releasing Samlor. Gorguk reaches forward and attempts to free Samlor if successful will hav him draw away from the bandits towards Akiros and the camp.

More intimidation as approaching to let him release Samlor1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the forest

"Er... right," says the fellow. "So you are the next big thug to come along here and make a play for the land. OK. Have this fellow."

He waves and one of his comrades gives Samlor a tug. He dismounts and lurches towards you. Akiros reaches out to steady him, then draws a dagger and cuts the rope around his wrists.

"So, do you want us to join your gang? Or to push off?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Appears I messed up the code for the bandit's Will save...

Bandit's Will save vs. Slumber hex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 - He's out like a light.


Male Human Witch 5

"Slumber tis best made eternal."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Detect magic and Sense motive on push off 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

By Erastil, We are no gang. We are here to represent those people that suffered under your thievery and other crimes. If, if you join with the Wardens, it will be in humble and lawful servitude for one year. After that you are free to make your own living in these parts as long as it does not directly interfer with those around you. You may go into business for yourself or be hired out, or try to farm the area. All of these options and more are available to you. Your life is your own.

However if you choose to push off then your year of service will be less enjoyable for you. After that time when you are free to go, if you leave and form your own band of misfits and try to take what is not yours, I will hunt you down a make sure that everyone of you pays for your crimes in your blood. Even if you push off and leave this area completely, if I hear word of your deeds in other countries I will inform those areas of your unresolved banditry and place a bounty on your heads myself.

The choice is now for each one of you. Do you choose to accept the year of servitude in repayment for you crimes, or am I forced to place you under arrest now and have you start your year of service when I am finished with the Staglord?

The last option I suppose is to try and kill me now and make it back to the Staglord. Know that the will be no leniency and that it would be to the death. Your decision then?


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

After Barnabus' hex puts the one bandit to sleep, Calinder says to the remaining bandit, "You best tell my friend everything that we want to know, and you best do it now."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the tunnel

The awake bandit's eyes roll upwards in his head and he passes out... it seems of sheer fright!

In the forest

"If you want to make a play for this land, good luck to you. Should you want my help, I can fight, I can track, and I am very good with horses. My father bred them, and long term I hope to earn enough to set up my own horse farm. That fit into your plans? Name's Rassillon, by the way. Georg Rassillon. Dunno about the rest, they'll have to make their own offers."

Two of the others whirl their horses around and gallop off to the west.
Rhasa' - as I recall you have an arrow nocked, you may take a shot immediately if you so wish.

The last bandit puts his head on one side.

"I'm in," he says. "I apprenticed to a potter before the, er, misunderstanding with the apothecary's daughter. If these lands become civilised, maybe folks will want dishes and jugs, if I can find suitable clay."


Male Human Witch 5

In the tunnel

"Bandits seems like a pack o rabbits, seperate em from each other an their rabbits again, let em loose in a pack an their jack-holes."

Barnabus points to the sleeping bandit
"Kill this one an then awaken tha other for questionin?"


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa does not fire her bow at the fleeing bandits.

Megan:
But she does note their direction of travel for as far as she is able, to be followed later. She continues to wait to support the half-orc if necessary.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"I say we just leave 'em tied up here in the tunnel, then go find some more 'victims' to keep 'em company. I bet, if we had the chance to turn these two loose, they'd run and not look back."

"The other option would be to drag 'em to the other end of the tunnel and dump 'em outside the fort. Hopefully they would wake up before the zombies got 'em."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

yOu made the right choice. Now excuse me, Akiros, please watch over them till I get back. Hie Durok. with that Gorguk leaps into pursuit of the fleeing bandits. Hoping to overtake them in the dark, where his superior vision helps, Gorguk lays waste to the unredeemable.

Charge with lance 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
Damage 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (7, 4) + 14 = 25

Subsequent round if needed on the other bandit if Rasa does not finish him first.

Charge with lance 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Damage 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (2, 3) + 14 = 19

Handle animal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Trotting back to the camp with the other horses in tow, Gorguk addresses the two new 'recruits'. Like I said you chose wisely. After we rid the land of the Staglord, we shall see if we can put your skills to work helping those whom you have affected by your actions. For now you cans tart by tending to these animals. Make sure they are well groomed and taken care of. During this year you will be able to make a living and provide for any family that you have. Anything else will be your repayment. It may be harsh but it is fair.

Turning now to Samlor, Gorguk will place his hand upon him and LOH. 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
How are you now? I am sorry for what you have been through. Please take a seat and let us tend to you now. Please tell us what happened since we separated last?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa doesn't come out of the brush where she's been hiding, arrow still nocked, until Gorguk returns. She doesn't say anything, just stands on the edge of their vision and watches.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

'Superstitious and cowardly' indeed

To Barnabus: Truth be told, I don't think there's anything more to get from either of them. Let me confer with Gorguk through Rhasa to see what our options are.

To Rhasa: Our captives report that there are about a dozen bandits within the fort. That's not counting the Stag Lord and his lieutenants. May be more, may be less. I don't think there's really anything more we can get out of them, but I may be wrong. Any suggestions from you or Gorguk?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Are your captives willing to repent? As captives, they may not provide an honest answer, but if you believe they will, Gorguk will say to give them a chance. If you believe they will not..." She leaves it unspoken. "One moment while I ask the warrior of Erastil. He has some new recruits of his own."

Rhasa takes Gorguk aside from the newly-reformed, including Akiros, and shares Lothar's question for him.

2,901 to 2,950 of 4,217 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.