Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


2,851 to 2,900 of 4,565 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa whispers to Lothar, "I would rather be within the stockade with you, but to truly maintain surprise, this door needs to remain a secret. Perhaps I should remain outside with Gorguk and hide the door after the three of you are safely within?"


Male Human Witch 5

Grabs Cals shoulder in the dark passageway,

"Me thinks she intends tah send us within alone wit Lothar!"

Barnabus smiles in the darkness...


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Though he was a little apprehensive about the idea, the magician couldn't deny the logic of his partner's suggestion.

Very well. Do what you must. Lothar took her hands into his and, after a quick prayer to Irori, renewed his message connection with Rhasadilara. Be careful, Golden Arm.

And with those words, he released his grip and dropped down the entrance to join the others.

Once he's with Barnabus and Calinder, he'll add them to the hub, which now consists solely of Rhasa, Barnabus, Calinder, and himself. If he could've gotten to Gorguk, Lothar would've added him too.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Before Rhasa can close the cover to the tunnel, Calinder says, "Rhasadilara, before you close the portal to this tunnel, I wish to give you Erastil's guidance. Reach your hand down so that I may grant unto you this gift of Erastil."

If Rhasa reaches down so that Calinder can touch her hand, he will cast Guidance upon her.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa will drop the rope in with them, accept Calinder's gift, and close the trap. She will do her best to hide traces of it.

Survival 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 = 19 expending Guidance

Then, she will move downslope to where they waited for the guards to get bored again - any zombies will be avoided with alacrity rather than attacked. If Gorguk is already gone, she will make her way to the camp and explain the change of plans to him.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

All three bonuses include +2 terrain bonus; disregard if inappropriate.


Male Human Witch 5

With the cover in place Barnabus listens closely to Lothars description of the layout.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder also listens carefully to any instructions or information that Lothar gives to them.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Here's the map

Lothar can tell you that he peered in through the opening (just below the Z1 on the map) seeing a drafty room crammed with crates, barrels, and boxes. Hammocks strung on wooden posts suggested sleeping areas, while dirty bowls and utensils rest atop rickety and makeshift furniture. Elsewhere, chamber pots sit tucked into corners, while a large iron gate was wedged into a ten-foot-wide gap in the western wall - perhaps that's where the owlbear is? The floor consists only of hard-packed earth. If there was anyone in there, they'd been asleep in the hammocks, but most folks he reckons had gone up onto the walkways, summoned by comments about the antics of the zombies on the hillside.

The other end of the passage you are in comes up under the staircase at the south (where it says 'up'), this leads up to the platforms above. As you open the trapdoor into the shadows, you hear steps coming down.

"Iffen 'e wants ter drink, 'e orter wait until he ain't up top! Zombies flying kites indeed." says a voice, with a second voice replying, "Hope he didn't wake the Stag Lord or there will be hell to pay!"

The voices and footfalls move off around the building, heading you reckon round past where the horses are and back in through the opening Lothar peered in to.

Actions?


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Whispering to Barnabus and Lothar, "I could cause an area of complete silence to surround the area at the bottom of the stairs. We could then disable these two with out anyone hearing."

"Or, should we just await Goguk's and Rhasadilara's arrival?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

The magician nodded appreciatively at his companion's suggestion.

To Calinder: How big of an area would this silence encompass? Can it be made mobile? And perhaps most importantly, how long would it last?


Male Human Witch 5

"I ken turn tha fates gainst them in tha silence, let us consider silencing as many as we may within their beds."


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"A circle about forty feet across would be the affected area. If the spell is placed on something mobile, then it too will be mobile. A living creature though would have the ability to resist the spell if it is placed on them. The silence would last for less than half a minute, but that may be enough time to subdue these two coming down the stairway."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

To Calinder: Then we will use something innocuous to be the focus of your silencing spell. And I have just the thing.

Lothar produced a marble and handed it to the Hunter's servant.

To Barnabus: I hope you have something in your repertoire that can assist us without drawing undue attention to our work because we're going to need it. And soon.

Lothar will ready himself for silent fighting. Kinda reminds me of the old Marvel G.I. Joe issue written by Larry Hama that was done with no dialogue from beginning to end. This'll be cool! I finally get to be Snake-Eyes! :)


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder takes the marble from Lothar and holding it in his outstreached palm begins to chant softly, focusing on the marble in his hand. As he asks Erastil to grant him the ability to create this area of silence centered on this marble, he waves his other hand over each of his ears, and then touches the marble. A dead silence settles over the area around them as he completes the spell.

Nodding to Lothar he offers the marble back to him.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus nods to each man in the silence, he allows Lothar to take lead and falls in behind him assuming Calinder will be the third one into the fortress.......

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Calinder completes his spell and passes the ensorcelled marble to Lothar. Above, the two bandits continue their descent blissfully unaware...

You will have surprise. Initiatives and first actions/rolls please.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar placed the enspelled marble into one of his robe's hidden pockets before turning his attention to the open trapdoor above him. The magician looked to his left and placed a foot on the wall, then sprang to his right, where upon making contact with that wall he pushed off, altering the angle of the jump to allow him to reach the lip of the trapdoor and pull himself up. Once up top, Lothar undid one of the sashes that made up his robes and, (after bracing himself over the open portal), lowered it down so that he could assist Calinder's climb up.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Making it easier for the cleric to get, as I assume that Barnabus will float up from the tunnel.


Male Human Witch 5

Initiative
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Barnabus will levitate up and be looking for a mook to target with the misfortune hex so Lathar can give him a silent beating.....


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1 Well, looks like I don't have to wait for Lothar to lower the sash down to Calinder. This does not bode well considering my recent luck with the online die roller.

Calinder grabs the sash that Lothar lowers down to him and attempts to climb out.

Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11 Well maybe that will get Calinder out of the tunnel.

Once out of the tunnel Calinder will arm himself with his morningstar and aid where he can in defeating these two ruffians.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar's Strength check to aid Calinder's climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Lothar springs gracefully up through the trapdoor into the area under the stairs, then uses his sash to assist Calinder out... with a bit of scrabbling. Barnabus floats up, a grin playing about his lips at the sight of poor Cal!

The two bandits reach the ground. One says "Rats! We'd better put some poison out in the morning." as they walk away, heading off around the building towards the horses and the door, their backs to you.

So, gonna jump them?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Does having the marble in a pocket block the effect of the silence spell?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Nope, the effect of a silence spell is not affected by the location of the object on which it has been cast.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Once Calinder and Barnabus were up out of the tunnel, Lothar turned his attention to the two bandits that were walking away. The magician quickly slipped out from beneath the cover of the stairs and made his way toward them. He was counting on the sudden silence from the cleric's spell enveloping them to disorient the enemy long enough for him to take them down. Once he was close enough, Lothar called upon his inner reserves and launched a brutal flurry of punches on the two, taking care to only render the bandits insensate as opposed to killing them outright.

Spending ki to gain two attacks, one for each bandit. Unarmed sneak attack 1 on bandit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Nonlethal unarmed damage (triggering Knockout Artist feat): 1d3 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 4 = 7
Unarmed sneak attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Nonlethal unarmed damage (again, triggering Knockout Artist): 2d3 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + (2) + 8 = 14


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Lothar:
Why did your damage on the second roll not match the damage for the first? Did you autoconfirm the critical in some fashion? I'm not familiar with Lothar's abilities, obviously.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

D'oh! I forgot to confirm the critical! I'd best do that! Thanks, Golden Arm.

Unarmed sneak attack 2 confirmation roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
If it is not confirmed, then this damage should be used: 1d3 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + (6) + 4 = 12


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus seeing Lothar's quick blows silently impacting and the mooks quick jerks he knows that both of them were struck violently he turns his attention to any other foes in the area.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder moves up to where Lothar is attacking the two bandits, switching his morningstar to his left hand as he moves towards the bandit on the left. Upon reaching the left hand bandit he punches him with his right fist.

Calinder moves up to the bandit on the left, shifting the morningstar to his off-hand as he goes, and then attacks with a punch. Attack (unarmed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Sorry, I wasn't much help this round.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Completely oblivious to the marauders, the two bandits come down the steps and start to walk around the building. As their conversation had already lapsed they don't even realise they've entered the area of effect of a silence spell until...

Lothar leaps forward, launching attacks first on the one to the left (who is shorter), then spinning to lash out at t'other, who is tall with ginger hair.

The first is staggered, managing more by luck than judgement to not be where Calinder's fist expected him to be.

The ginger haired one goes down hard, and isn't moving. The shorter one recovers by propping himself on the wall, scrabbling to get a belt dagger out, looking round wildly, his mouth open in surprise.

You think he may have been yelling something.

His initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

So, on to Round 1...


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Exactly what I was afraid of... the bandit's initiative is better than ours. Is he suffering from the staggered condition or were you just using descriptive text?


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar, hoping to take advantage of the short bandit's dismay, pressed the attack, knowing that the moment would be short-lived. The last thing the group needed was for this one to recover his sense of self and try to escape beyond the area of Calinder's spell. The magician launched a mid angle kick with his right leg, targeting the area just above the bandit's hip on his right side. With just the right amount of damage to the ribs or kidney, Lothar hoped to render his opponent unconscious.

nonlethal unarmed strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
nonlethal damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I was being descriptive, as in 'he staggered..'


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder takes another unarmed swing at the remaining bandit that Lothar now has backed up against the wall.

Unarmed attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, same attack roll, so another miss.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

*passes popcorn to Gorguk*

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The bandit lashes out with his dagger at Calinder, mouth open - you think he'd be yelling 'Alarm!' were it not for the silence!

Bandit attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16, damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

Calinder flails wildly, but Lothar connects. He falls to the ground, gasping for breath.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder winces as the bandit just gets past his armor and give Calinder a pretty good scratch with the dagger he was wielding. Once the second bandit goes down, Calinder looks towards Lothar and gestures dragging the bandits towards the tunnel opening, asking if that is what Lothar would like to do at this point.


Male Human Witch 2

Barnabus uses the misfortune hex on one bandit....

Will save DC 17 or roll twice for all rolls......


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

The magician nodded his approval at the half-elf's suggestion. Lowering them down without further injury would be tricky, but it could be done with the three of them. After that would come the interrogation.

But first things first.

Lothar gestured over the entrance as though he were lowering something down with a rope, then pointed to each of his fellow Wardens.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder shakes his head to indicate that he has no rope, and look towards Barnabus with a hopeful look.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus shrugs and indicates why not just push them down the hole....

He does produce a pair of manacles with a simple lock, with a questioning look on his face.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Upon figuring out the gestures being made the witch, Lothar waved off the idea of merely dumping the men. If they were dead, that would be one thing. But these men were still alive. And if the Wardens were going to get any information from them, they needed to be kept that way.

After rubbing his bald head for a moment, Lothar remembered the silk sashes of his robe and began removing them. Once that was done, the magician turned them into a series of impromptu ropes that could be used to lower the unconscious bandits down into the tunnel. The three had to work quickly. He held up the 'ropes' and pointed to the men. Then the magician pointed at the tunnel entrance before pointing back at himself. When he was done, Lothar handed the sashes to Calinder before heading over to the entrance and dropped down.

Lothar will drop down and hope that Calinder and Barnabus will wrap the wrists and ankles of the each man and lower them so that he can catch them. Acrobatics check to jump down into the tunnel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder getting what Lothar is suggesting begins trussing up the first unconscious bandit as Lothar jumps down into the tunnel. He then gestures to Barnabus to help in lowering the man into the tunnel ... hopefully somewhat gently.

To lower the first bandit down, here is Cal's Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, well not too great, hopefully Barnabus can add to that through aiding in lowering the bandit down.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It is just as well that the bandits are unconscious as they get bashed around a bit, but you eventually get the pair of them down into the tunnel and trussed up in Lothar's sashes. His tunic is now hanging open, and it is just as well that his pants still have a drawstring to hold them up :)

The silence has worn off by the time you've finished. It's like having been wearing ear defenders and then taking them off: normal incidental sounds associated with movement seem terribly loud!


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus nods and makes certain the bandits are gagged as well as bound, before turning once again to into the fortress.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Once they have the two bandit in the tunnel, Calinder whispers, "What now?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

To Rhasadilara: Golden Arm, we've got captured bandits that we can interrogate in the tunnel. What do you information do you think we should try to get out of them?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

The elf relays this information to Gorguk out of earshot of the other bandits before replying. "Confirm what we think we know from interrogating the others - numbers, strengths, tactics.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

The magician nodded as he looked down at the bandits. They had the opportunity to learn more from the two unconscious men. But what to do with them when they had gotten that information? Letting them go was not something they could afford to do. They also couldn't take them as prisoners. That really left only one option for them.

He sighed as he continued to gaze at them. So be it. If it has to be done, I will be the one to do it.

To the other Wardens, Lothar said, Time for some theatricality. And with that, he knelt so that his face was right over the short one.

Wake them, Barnabus. Don't be too gentle about it, but not too loudly.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder tries to ready himself for whatever Lothar has in mind and waits for Barnabus to wake the two bandits.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar raised a hand toward the witch, hoping to halt whatever it was that he was planning on doing.

Calinder, can you give them some minor healing that wouldn't impact your spell repertoire much? If not, that's fine. I just wanted to be sure before this got underway.

We'll wait and see what the cleric can do for them if anything before allowing Barnabus to do his thing.

2,851 to 2,900 of 4,565 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.