Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


2,801 to 2,850 of 4,557 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Male Human Witch 5

I thought that might happen ;)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Lothar:
You sneak forwards, and see a drafty room the edges of which are crammed with crates, barrels, and boxes. Hammocks strung on wooden posts denote sleeping areas, while dirty bowls and utensils rest atop rickety and makeshift furniture. Elsewhere, chamber pots sit tucked into corners, while a large iron gate is wedged into a ten-foot-wide gap in the western wall. Chips of ancient plaster flake from the walls, exposing the stone construction; whatever plaster still clings to stonework is covered with strange and erratic scribbles and pictographs. The floor consists only of hard-packed earth. Some of the hammocks are occupied, but nobody is awake...

Rhasadilara sneaks back without mishap. The hillside is deserted and remains so even as she scampers down.... whatever the zombies are doing, they do not emerge. You can meet up with the others at the edge of the forest.

By now it's nearly 2am.

An owl is hunting in the woods nearby.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasadilara hustles up to the others out of the darkness, aided by her elfsight.

I'm short on time to post, so I will let you ask your questions while the elf catches her breath for a moment. ;-)


Male Human Witch 5

"Is Lothar alright?"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"What have you found out? Is there anything that we can do to help?"


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Lothar was unhurt and scheming when I left. He has a plan for you." She points at Barnabus.

To Calinder, she adds, "We have found an apparently unknown way in and looked around a bit. Stay here. There are restless dead in the area, but I don't believe we need to do more than avoid them for now. I'm sure you will want to deal with them later."

Anyone else?


Male Human Witch 5

"So the plan is now fer me tah return wit you? In tha case we should show tha others where tha way in is, no sense us being stuck inside wit no help from out here."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Nodding, "It is not hidden currently. We uncovered it and will have to hide it again."

She looks back toward the walls of the Stag Lord's fortress. "Along the north wall, about unknown steps from the corner, there is an old trapdoor in a shallow depression along the wall. Beware, though, as we climbed the slope to the wall, zombies came out of the soil and attacked. When I ran down the slope, they did not come up. I am thinking that if you do your floating thing, I can sneak up the hill and push you along. Thus, only one pair of footsteps to draw their attention. If I do it right, they will not detect us."

Nodding toward the fort, she adds, "I think Lothar wants someone that can calm the horses therein. If you can speak to them, perhaps they will tell you something of interest. I've tried to befriend them, but I cannot understand neighs." She smirks at this last.

"Have you other questions? I think the intent is to remain hidden and quiet for now. Lothar will use his magic if he has something specific in mind."


Male Human Witch 5

"Aye but remember tha speech does not dispose tha animals tah have a different perspective upon us."

Gurukk and Calindar have any protests?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"I'll take your word for it. Not my thing."

If there's nothing else from the others, Rhasa will lead to the edge of the slope. Prompting him to levitate just a foot off the ground, she hands him a roll of rope after unrolling about ten feet. She stealths up the hill pulling the rope.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OK, who is going back up the hill to join Lothar, lurking in the passage?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa with Barnabus in midair tow. She's not planning to bring the others.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 13/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

The plan has merit with a high potential. Perhaps if possible, we will escort you to the hill by the trap door. There Lothat can include us when he renews his communication hub. That way while you 3 are in the fort, Cal and I can cause a disturbance out here with the undead if you would need it.

basically just trying to get a little closer in case you 3 would need some healing. Otherwise a good with the plan. Good luck.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Shrugs, "Coming up the hill, move quickly. They don't seem interested in pursuit. But you must be quiet. Perhaps we will go separately."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Going back up the hill, three zombies arise from the ground. They seem baffled by the sight of someone floating in the air and being towed along like a balloon, and stand staring rather than attack!

Then you hear a voice from above, on the fort walkways.

"What the 'ell are them zombies doin' now? Looks like they's flyin' a kite or summat. Hey! HEY! You lot - c'mon up here - you gotta see this!"

Lights come on and feet pound on the rather rickety stairs up. Sounds like the whole place is coming up to see the show!


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Blast it!

Knowing that approaching the walls will only let the humans' vision realize that there are three zombies and an intruder rather than four zombies and a kite, Rhasa retreats back downhill, walking somewhat stiffer than normal. As she passes Barnabus, she whispers, "Stay calm, I'll fly my kite back down the hill."

She's trying to get out of sight before someone with better sight can identify what's really happening - or line up an arrow on the kite.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

While his partner was away, Lothar cast his prestidigitation spell and focused his attention on the dust and dirt around him in the tunnel, moving around and gesticulating so that the unleashed magic would cause the particles to move and gather together into one spot under the entrance to create a mound.

No, the magician is not that OCD. There is method to the madness. Given the length of time that Rhasa was gone and that he can affect up to one pound of matter at a time during the spell's duration, how high could Lothar get the mound to rise?


Male Human Witch 5

"Lets get tah tha opening an I'll put a deep mist over tha hillock an tha zombies, maybe tha bandits will come out tah get a look."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa does not respond until she's pulled Barnabus well clear of the hill (aiming for more than 60' from the walls in case there are half-orcs among the bandits.

"They will see us long before we reach the door. I fear now that we have piqued their interest, it will be nearly impossible to reach the trapdoor without attracting attention to it."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

As he contemplated the mound of dirt and dust, Lothar could hear a commotion from overhead. That... can't be good.

The magician reached down and touched the mound and, concentrating on his still active spell, condensed the dirt and dust down until it changed into sandstone. Satisfied with the outcome, Lothar punched the rock so that it broke into several pieces. After a quick glance above him, he ran his hands across the broken fragments and focused the energies of the magic that was still gathered within, allowing it to flow from them. In the wake of their passing, the pieces of sandstone changed once again into tiny spheres of glass.

Lothar carefully gathered up the marbles and placed them into a hidden pouch in his robes. Then he turned his attention back to the tunnel entrance above him. Time to get going. The others need my help.

Used prestidigitation as described above. Acrobatics to jump up and get out. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23. If successful, Lothar will take his marbles and hurl them forcefully one at a time at the zombies to get them to stop staring at the sky. Is an attack roll required? The marbles should shatter on impact (as they would be fragile) into dust and therefore do little, if any damage.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Barnabus cannot do anything except protest (should he so wish) as Rhasadilara tows his floating form back off the hillside. As soon as you leave the hill, the zombies sink slowly back into the ground.

Lothar plays with the dust, eventually ending up with a dozen marbles. He leaps gracefully up to the trapdoor (shame nobody is there to admire!) and climbs out... to find a hillside devoid of life, or for tht matter unlife.

There's some muttering from above. People shifting around.

An owl hoots in the woods.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa pulls Barnabus back to the bushes and a bit past before letting him down and circling back to where the others wait.

"Lothar, can you still hear me?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

I'm above ground at the secret entrance, if you're wondering. Where are you?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)
Lothar Narda wrote:
I'm above ground at the secret entrance, if you're wondering. Where are you?

"Detained. The sentry woke up and spotted the witch and I. He thought we were more zombies, so we came back downhill to wait for him to fall asleep again. Don't let them spot you..."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

I heard. Is anyone else with you? Like say, Calinder?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

We are behind some bushes at the base of the hill. Calinder, Gorguk, Barnabus...


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

If everyone is there, then I don't see why we don't just strike the Stag Lord now. Talk to them, but make it quick.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

The plan was to scout before Akiros spoke to the Stag Lord, then attack if necessary.

She whispers to the others, which probably means the magician can also hear, "Lothar thinks that we should go ahead and attack the Stag Lord tonight." She looks around for reactions from the others.


Male Human Witch 5

"Tis our main due dilligence in securing tha savage lands o tha greenbelt!"


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 13/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

I did not want to hide in the shadows like some assassin. That path does not appeal to me. Rather I would have you four infiltrate the fort through the passage while attend to Akiros. In the morning Akiros declares his support for our cause and asks for those to join him. Being with Akiros, I will represent the Guardians. Once that is done, then you four spring your trap and pray that Erastil guides our next actions.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Assuming Rhasa relayed what Gorguk said.

To Rhasa: No plan survives contact with the enemy. That said, having Calinder inside is good. Can he do something about the zombies?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

I will bring Calinder and Barnabus to you after the guards have quieted down.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 13/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Just let me know what the signal is to cause the full disturbance out here. R is the signal when I start talking with Akiros in front of the fort?

If so then Gorguk will return to the camp and wait till morning.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

You drive it forward. We will await our opportunity inside. If we have to start without you, we will see what we can do about unlocking the gates for you. See you after daylight.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 13/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Till then may Erastil keep you safe. See you at day break. May we meet again on the other side and be victorious.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus nods, pulls his dark cloak around for concealment and pats the caltrops he intends to scatter on the stairs or somewhere else within the fort........


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Assuming that Rhasa relays Lothar's question to Cal. At any rate he realizes that he is going with Barnabus and Rhasa when they attempt to enter the fort again.

Yes, there may be several things that I can do about the zombies. Just depends on how much time I have to prepare. I can attack the zombies with positive energy, but that may attract attention. Next time I meditate to Erastil, I can ask for the ability to hide us from the zombies. We could then approach the fort without the zombies noticing us. I could also ask Erastil for the ability to consecrate a small area that zombies would be effected by if they entered it, but would not stop them.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Good to know. My plan for tonight is to attempt to move quickly. They are slow to move and seem unwilling to leave that area. So we will avoid them for now. Perhaps later you will have time to clean it up."

Rhasa plans to wait 30 - 45 minutes, listening for the guards to lose interest before hustling back uphill. No more kite-flying unless the others think it's worthwhile.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Eventually things seem to settle down and all goes quiet in the hilltop fort.

Rhasadilara, Calinder, and Barnabus are to join Lothar, who's lurking near the trapdoor outside the fort's pallisade, yes? With Gorguk riding back to camp where Akiros, Dyfrig and the kobolds are engaged in a game of knucklebones...


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

That's the plan of the moment, yes. Lothar may have returned to the tunnel, I'm not sure.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Nope... still up top.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rhasadilara, Calinder, and Barnabus start to climb the hill once more. Everything's quiet - so quiet that a couple of rabbits emerge to graze.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus considers talking to the cute little rat-butts, but decides they are too busy for talking.

Silently laments no potion or posion to keep the owlbear threat neutralized. Something must be done, perhaps he would risk attempting to speak with the creature, though it might not speak either owl nor bear.......


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder follows Rhasa and Barnabus ready to deal with the zombies if need be. Other wise he tries to be as quiet as he can while approaching the fort.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The group reaches the trapdoor without incident. Lothar is crouched beside it, pretending to be a rock or something...


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Is there anything immediately available to hide the trapdoor? That we can deploy as we lower it, that is?

As a reminder, Rhasa and those that accompany her don't leave tracks unless she chooses, so they should not have left any trail to the trapdoor.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus is fine with being lowered into the hole.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa shrugs and gives the witch a shove.... just kidding!

Rhasa and Lothar should be able to hold a rope for the other two to climb down.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The trapdoor had been covered with earth. There's not much vegetation here beyond scrubby grass, looks like the bandits had cleared most of the bigger stuff away for obvious reasons. You can try piling earth against the raised trap - it open up - and hope it falls over it when you close it from below, but to cover it properly would take someone topside.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder silently thanks Rhasa and Lothar for their assistance in getting down into the tunnel. He takes the offered rope and climbs down.

Climb Check: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16 looks like that ought ot be good enough. Once down in the tunnel, Calinder moves out of the way of the opening.

2,801 to 2,850 of 4,557 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.