Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


2,751 to 2,800 of 4,557 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

If I was DMing this, I personally would say that as Gorguk has received the message spell before, he would know whether he'd been affected by it or not as that would put the choice back on the player in their response. But unfortunately I can't make that call. Only our DM can.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Sorry... been scampering around and, joy of joys, actually teaching real students again!!! No classes for me this afternoon, so time for other things...

We shall go with Lothar's suggestion: Gorguk is aware that message has not been cast on him this time.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 13/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Gorguk will hurry back to the campsite and gather Cal to learn what is happening.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar will describe what he and Rhasa sees to Akiros to get an idea of their current location and what is nearby. Once they get that, then the next step can be figured out.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Sorry Barnabus, I'm just worried about Lothar and Rhasadilara. I hope they are alright."

"Akiros, any word yet from Lothar? And I wonder what Gorguk is up to? Maybe he was spotted by someone in the fort."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Akiros frowns, listening to Lothar's account. He doesn't seem too happy with the mode of communication, but perseveres anyway.

"Um. You are just inside the pallisade on the south side of the fort. The steps above you go up to one of the walkways, which covers the south and west sides, with no access to the building from off of it. The wooden wall beside you is a store room, it has a door out into the yard on the south side - if you go in that, you would have access into the rest of the building but tread carefully, the Stag Lord's bedroom is nearby. Else you have to go all the way round to the north side of the building where there's a great big hole in the wall that would give you access to the whole building. Our horses are tethered to the north-east, under the tower there, and can get a bit skittish. Oh, and there's an owlbear caged inside," he says over the magical link to Lothar.

He then realises that Calinder is talking to him.

"Sorry. Having trouble with these voices in my head. Do you people do this all the time? Um. Yes, they've found a tunnel into the yard, one I didn't even know about, so I was trying to give them an idea of the lay of the land now that they are in there..."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

To Rhasa: We're very close to the Stag Lord. But we've got a bigger problem. Lothar directed her attention to the northeast. According to Akiros, that is where the horses are kept. It is also where they keep an owlbear caged. If the Wardens are going to assault this place, then something needs be done about that creature. I wasn't counting on us running into something like that. Do you have any suggestions on how we might deal with such a thing?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Whispering, "Simple. Keep it caged. If we are in the fort before the fighting begins, anyone seeking to release the monster is in for a surprise. We could release the horses into the compound as a diversion, too."

She pauses, "Just how close to the Stag Lord are we? Perhaps the owlbear and horses need not be bothered..."


Male Human Witch 5

"ALot seems to be going on there, but if we act and confirm they should be at tha alarm we do nothin tah keep tha stealth o Lothar an Rhasa."

"We must have faith in them, though the situation reminds me one o our first loss."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Rhasadilara Goldenbough wrote:

Whispering, "Simple. Keep it caged. If we are in the fort before the fighting begins, anyone seeking to release the monster is in for a surprise. We could release the horses into the compound as a diversion, too."

She pauses, "Just how close to the Stag Lord are we? Perhaps the owlbear and horses need not be bothered..."

As logical as such a course of action would seem to be, I don't think the two of us could pull it off on our own. And if we can't do it before the rest of the keep realizes what was happening, then it wouldn't be just the Stag Lord we'd be dealing with. Against so many, I don't think the two of us stand much of a chance. I'm thinking such a strategy could avail us more during the actual assault than it would currently under these circumstances. But that's something we can work out back at camp. For now, let's focus on our reconnaissance mission. There may be other ways we could sabotage the enemy to make taking this place easier for all of us.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Yes Barnabus, this does indeed remind me of our first encounter with the Staglord's followers. Perhaps that is what is causing me to worry about this situation."

"I am sorry Akiros, yes it is a unique form of communication. Did you say that they had found a secret passage into the fort. Perhaps it would be best if we joined them, if we could get to the passage unseen."

"I wish I knew where Gorguk was!"


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

She ducks her head in a slight bow, whispering in return. "You are correct. Such eagerness will get someone killed."

Thinking about what Akiros had shared, she throws out ideas, "We might be able to disable one or more guards before or during the assault. Guarding the owlbear to prevent its release is not a bad idea - or using it to our advantage would be better. Sabotaging ladders and stairs to prevent them from having high ground might be effective. Starting the battle with people on the inside is a point of strength."

She's obviously not coming up with a cohesive plan, still thinking in the back of her mind that the Stag Lord is so close and potentially vulnerable...


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 13/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Gorguk will be traeling at full speed back to the camp to get an update and know what his role is now.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Rhasadilara Goldenbough wrote:

She ducks her head in a slight bow, whispering in return. "You are correct. Such eagerness will get someone killed."

Thinking about what Akiros had shared, she throws out ideas, "We might be able to disable one or more guards before or during the assault. Guarding the owlbear to prevent its release is not a bad idea - or using it to our advantage would be better. Sabotaging ladders and stairs to prevent them from having high ground might be effective. Starting the battle with people on the inside is a point of strength."

I had the same thoughts as well, partner. But there is one other thing that could be done. The same place where the owlbear is kept is also where the bandits stable their horses. I've heard it said that rangers are capable of communicating with animals on an emotional level. Is this true?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Looking at the magician quizzically, "Well, to an extent, given time, I can befriend an animal in the wild. I've heard it can be done with some monsters, but I've never attempted such. Animals that are used to people I generally have more success with."

"What do you have in mind?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Rhasadilara Goldenbough wrote:

Looking at the magician quizzically, "Well, to an extent, given time, I can befriend an animal in the wild. I've heard it can be done with some monsters, but I've never attempted such. Animals that are used to people I generally have more success with."

"What do you have in mind?"

If possible, I mean to set them free. They may provide another means to divide the forces of our foes. In addition, it prevents them from becoming a potential meal for the owlbear should we release it from its cage. Anything more than that I won't know for sure until we make our way over there and see what there is to work with.


Male Human Witch 5

"I am certain it is the cause of unease that is upon you. Let us wait with baited breath tha return o our companions, an should tha worse happen you must aid me in preventing gorguk in charging straight in, we must have other arms an swords in order tah fight tha fort."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Whispering, "Well, then. Let's go see what there is to see."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Moving northeast in the direction of the tower, horses, and owlbear. Stealth check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

OK, fine. I'll be the noisy one.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The pair of you slip like shadows through the night. A small, dusty yard separates the palisade from the inner structures. The ground here is of hard-packed barren earth. Dozens of barrels lie stacked against the inner wall of the palisade, each with a wooden or metal bucket sitting nearby.

As you reach the north-east corner of the fort, you see a watch tower and underneath it there are some dark shapes, moving restlessly. The odd whicker, the sound of drinking, what you'd expect in a stable at night...


Male Human Witch 5

"Things seem to have quieted a bit."


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Yes Barnabus, perhaps our friends have escaped detection for now."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

To Rhasa: Can you see anything with those elven eyes of yours? I'm having a hard time making things out over there.

Moving up closer to better see what's around without hopefully giving our presence away.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Can Rhasa make out any details that the magician cannot? Can she determine where the caged owlbear might be? She doesn't want to get so close that she disturbs the horses, but she will try to keep them calm if they notice her.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The only creatures you can see are horses, and a stray rat which looks at you, squeaks and scurries off.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Aside from the watchtower, what other structures are nearby? Can enough be made out to ascertain purpose?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

VERY player-unfriendly map in the AP, will try to come up with something after church tomorrow... am giving a Sacrament meeting talk (for the first time) so up to ears in prep...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Map - the trapdoor Rhasa' and Lothar came up out of is underneath the steps to the south.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Assuming those round things are barrels, Lothar will creep up to use them as cover for his sneaking and make his way to the second one (the farthest barrel on the left to open up the map a little more. Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

They are indeed barrels... you think they contain water, or perhaps another liquid.

Apart from the horses up ahead, the place seems quiet. Someone inside is snoring.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

To Rhasa: Think we should check on the sleeper? He might be having nightmares. Be a shame to let him suffer so when we could do something about it.

There was a hardness to Lothar's words that left little doubt that providing comfort to the sleeping bandit was the last thing he wanted to do.

If the snoring is coming from the stable, then we should go in (Rhasa first to calm the horses) and see just how sound a sleeper we've got.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Firmly shaking her head, "No. We are here to look, remember? Leaving a dead body as evidence of our being here will do more harm than good."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

To Rhasa: Only if they find it. But, you're right about our being here to look. We still need to check out where the sleeper is. We might uncover something of use to us. I'll go in first, you watch my back. That good?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Eyes narrow for a moment. "Wait."

Rhasa will search for feed or treats for the horses, then try to use that to get on their good side.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 to find feed, oats, something to entice the caballos.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 hopefully with a circumstance bonus for the treats...

If she's successful, she will wave Lothar over so they can get used to his scent, then motion him to investigate whatever he's investigating while she stays and murmurs quietly to the hayburners.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

There isn't a stable, the poor horses are tethered outside under a slight overhang on the NE corner of the structure.

The snoring bandit is somewhere inside.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

If she's unsuccessful in finding a treat, she will wave Lothar to proceed while she continues to try to keep the horses calm.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar will move on in to where the snoring is coming from.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rhasa' finds a bucket half-full of oats.

If Lothar continues creeping on round past the horses, he comes to an opening in the wall. Looking more like a hole where it's collapsed than a doorway, there's lamplight coming from inside. And snoring. And low voices and the clatter of dice...


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Continuing to creep further on in, hopefully wary of the slightest danger.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I have pulled my finger out and done a composite map for you: -

Map Update

Hope it makes sense, trying to show how the platform above forms a 'roof' over where the horses - two of them - are tethered.

If Lothar wants to peer in the opening, there isn't much to see, it's dark in there. Looks as if there may be 2 rooms, one to the right and one to the left.

Footsteps can be heard overhead...


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Shoot, why have I been making the maps? That's excellent!

Rhasa remains with the horses, hoping that investing some time letting them acclimatize today will pay off tomorrow, but she's very attentive to the noises of the men around them all the same.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

After a quick prayer to the Master of Masters, Lothar crept further in until he reached the barrel where he broke left.


Male Human Witch 5

Comforts Calidar and Gorgukk

"Tha place seems more at ease, let them more time tah does tha work."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar will communicate with Akiros as soon as the situation allows. Right now it doesn't, but hopefully it will be soon.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Eyes narrowed, Rhasa concedes, "OK. You let them know I'm coming - I will meet Barnabas at the trees directly did we come from the west? of here. Don't go off and have all the fun yourself."

Rhasa will work her way through the tunnel and up. Once aboveground again, she will stay alongside the wall of the fort until she is fairly sure she's unlikely to be spotted, listening for the sentry, etc., to pick her moment.

As for her movement through the zombie territory, she plans to go for speed rather than stealth, hustling as quietly as she can manage.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

The magician backed away from the barrel and followed after Rhasa. He could sense the unease radiating from his partner, but Lothar knew this decision was the best way to go. He had conceded on his not remaining above ground, opting instead to go back with the ranger as far as the secret entrance and wait for her to return with Barnabus. After all, his own vanishing spell wouldn't last long enough to be of any real help and it wouldn't work against the zombies in any event. Added to that was the fact that in this terrain, she was actually better at being stealthy than he was.

Logically, it made perfect sense for Rhasa to go back and get the witch. So why couldn't she see it that way?

To Akiros: Rhasa is heading back to get Barnabus and bring him here. Have him meet her at the stand of trees west of the fort.


Male Human Witch 5

Waits


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder goes with Barnabus so that he can ask Rhasa if there is anything that he can do, especially in regards to the zombies surrounding the fort.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 13/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

If gorguk is there he would join the group as well since he has heard no word of the scout group's actions.

2,751 to 2,800 of 4,557 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.