Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


201 to 250 of 4,414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Naaah, s'been quiet here," the bandit says. "Rabbit for supper, 'les you've summat better."

Blithy ignoring the fact that you are not the folks who set off to rob Oleg, he turns and heads back towards the fire.

You can hear voices, at least 3-4 people are enjoying the warmth.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Keeping the others between himself and the bandit, Gorguk dismounts quick dismount 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 and almost falls on his face. Hoping no one saw the shield and armor during that fiasco, he continues to follow his companions saying nothing and still praying for the best. Durok is following close behind him.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Why ah oughta...
Lothar let it go at that, not wanting to push their luck any further than they needed. He looked back at the others and shrugged before taking his mount's reins to lead it into camp. He's positioning himself so that the mount is between himself and any of the bandits in camp so that his face isn't looked at if possible.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

As the Barnabus and Lothar charade continues, Gorguk is waiting for Kylia to make her presence felt. Once the watchpost is on fire then the real performance begins.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus is going to peel towards one side once we get to the fire, likely to the right staying behind the horse..letting other more melee oriented PC's close in for melee....


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder had dismounted when the others had as well, and leads his horse in as the others follow the young bandit into the camp. Staying quiet for now as he's not sure he could trust his voice to not give them away.

Muttering under his breath to himself, Calinder is alternating saying, "Erastil, aid us please" and "Kylia, anytime now would be good."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As you enter the clearing, leading your horses, you can see four figures seated around the fire and another one beside it holding a roast rabbit on a spit...

... and in the distance there's a sudden crackling of fire and a scream of agony, from the direction of the far watchtower...


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk peers the the bandits around the campsite looking for the woman Kressel. perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 Apparently not seeing her, Gorguk is waiting to see what the bandits do to the sudden eruption of fire in their camp. He does move forward slightly to be closer to Barnabus, either to guard him or to make sure that he doesn't turn on us.

Megan:
If we are in initiative order and a surprise round, Gorguk will move up next to one of the bandits, preferably keeping himself between the bandits and Cal and Barnabus, drawing his sword as he moves.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Megan:

Spoiler:
Rhasa is observing from the east (unless you object) with weapons near at hand, but not readied, so I think she will lose a round to grabbing up her bow and slinging her quiver while she tries to figure out what's going on.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder also tries to spot Kressel as the commotion begins to get everyone's attention.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

He then gets his crossbow and aims towards the group of bandits surrounding the fire, ready to shoot their way if needed.


Male Human Witch 5

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Evil eye hex
Targeting a female bandit (Kressel) or the closest bandit
Will save DC 16

Spoiler:

-2 to attack rolls

Do we get a surprise round?


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar waited to see what would transpire, hoping for the opportunity to act decisively. He selected a spell and prepped it for use against the bandits around the fire. Hopefully Kressle would get caught in that initial casting, but if not he had another just in case. Lothar readies an action to cast grease on the area around the fire where the most bandits are located.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Megan:
initiative if needed for my action 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It's safe to say combat has begun :) Some of you have done so already, but please will the rest post initiative, action and any appropriate die rolls. We start with a surprise round, then I shall roll for my bandits...

So far:-


  • Rhasadilara - init 16, action: overwatch, getting weapons out.
  • Barnabus - initiative 13, action: evil eye hex as detailed.
  • Gorguk - initiative 8, action: moving towards a bandit and getting his sword out.
  • Lothar - initiative roll needed, action: ready to cast grease.
  • Calinder - initiative roll needed, action: looking around and prepping crossbow.

Bandits are flat-footed, of course. Four seated (of whom only one is female), one standing busy cooking, and the one who had been taking a bathroom break.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Silver Crusade

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

What do you want to do, Blayde?


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Megan Robertson wrote:
What do you want to do, Blayde?

sonuva... It would seem that I forgot to post as Lothar. Lothar's action was to ready grease so that he casts it just before any of the bandits sitting down could do anything...like get up. I hate when I do that. Sorry about that.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I have been known to do that as well! Just as well I only play in one game and use my normal identity for DMing...

Right. Let's at 'em :)

Calinder - you guess the one female in view is probably Kressel. You raise your crossbow and prepare to fire as needed.

Rhasadilara - you watch the action unfold, it's clear an armed group wants to take on that pack of bandits...

Lothar - muttering your incantation, you gesture as you cast grease on the area around the fire. The cook's startled - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 - but manages to remain upright.

Barnabus - with an evil cackle you launch your evil eye hex at Kressel, who needs to make her save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, and does :)

Gorguk - you draw your sword. The nearest bandit is the fellow who greeting you, who is unarmed and standing with his mouth open in shock right now!

Next round actions and resolution rolls, please.

Bandit intitative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk attacks the bandit beside him with the flat of his blade trying to knock him out for questioning later. subdual damage to hit 1d20 ⇒ 14 and damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 If the bandit should drop after the hit, and there are no more bandits in reach, Gorguk will move to help Cal or Barnabus.
Just as we did with Happs, so shall we do with you. He did not surrender and has paid for his deeds with his life. Surrender now and avoid his grisly fate.


Male Human Witch 5

If at first you do not succeed try again...

Evil eye hex
Targeting Kressel
Will save DC 16

Spoiler:

-2 to attack rolls


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder fairly confident that Kressel will not give up, but will probably fight to the death as Happs did, fires a crossbow bolt at her.

Ranged attack on Kressel with crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 15, Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Calinder will then reload his crossbow.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Kylia's actions were against the watchpost at K3, yes? If so, Rhasa will move to target the watcher in K2, hopefully within 30 feet. (I really don't know where anyone is positioned - I have that map ready if you want it.)

Rhasadilara adjusts her position east of the camp so she had a better view of the watcher in the trees closest to her, moving quietly. Finding what she seeks, she draws back and fires.

Stealth for her movement 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Perception to spot the spotter 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 +1 if within 30'
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4 +1 if within 30'

She attempts to hide again after the shot, hoping to avoid becoming a target herself.

Don't know if she is able to do this, but here's a roll, just in case: Stealth to hide after the shot 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Okay, post monster must have got my post, maybe it'll show up after more time but here it is again:

Calinder fairly confident that Kressel will not give up, but will probably fight to the death as Happs did, fires a crossbow bolt at her.

Ranged attack on Kressel with crossbow: 1d20 -> 15, Damage: 1d8 -> 6

Calinder will then reload his crossbow.

It was really weird because it showed that I was the last person to post (until Rhasa posted), and it put the post in Cal's recent posts listing, luckily so I could just cut and paste it in this message.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar moves to flank Gorgruk's opponent, launching an unarmed strike as he does so (a cobra or superman punch, to be precise)
Lothar moved with a purpose, striding to take a position that would put him on the flank of Gorguk's foe. Using the economy of his motion, the magician launched an attack while moving, bringing his rear leg forward as though he were going to throw a kick, then snapping the leg back while throwing a right cross to put greater power behind the punch should it connect. You take care of Kressle. Let this humble one deal with this insignificant pest.

assuming Acrobatics roll is needed to prevent provoking AoO1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
attack roll1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Sonuva....Really? Back-to-back "1's"? Glares in disgust at computer...


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

At least you don't need the acrobatics check for the AoO since you still act while they are flat-footed. You have certainly had your fair share of bad rolls on the forum here. Hopefully this turns around for you later when we need it more. Thanks for the flank; to hit should be 16 then.

Amending actions due to Lothar's wishes. After the attack I will move closer to Kressel if able without provoking AoO's but still trying to protect Cal and Barnabus.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Been at a conference today, will resolve this in the morning. Rhasa if you want to send your grid to megan@medals.org.uk I'll put it up, or I shall do one - you guys seem to like being quite tactical so it should help you!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rhasa has supplied me with a brilliant map with grid for our little brawl - Thorn River Camp with coordinates.

(There's also one of the Greenbelt to aid planning, I'll post that once we are planning where to go next!)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

So, let us put the pieces on the board and resolve the next round :)

Calinder - you, I guess, are at about X8. Kressel is at BB12... with a crossbow bolt sticking in her left shoulder. Nice shot!

Rhasadilara - Yes, Kylia attacked the K3 watch tower is advancing to AA17, gives you a line on the K2 watch tower at about 30' range so you fire at the fellow on top who is looking at the conflagration at K3 - a hit, a hit, a palpable hit! Well done.

Lothar - you are at V5 and somehow manage to 'run out of paws' in the course of your attempt to kick the bandit who needed the bathroom, you're hanging on to a branch in a desperate attempt to retain your footing!

Barnabus - at U7, mutters his way through another hex aimed at Kressel, her save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bandits - The cook (at Z13) drops his spit of rabbit and goes for his sword, looking round wildly for the source of the attacks. The three seated ones - two on the log at AA11, the other at Z14 - rise and draw their swords, also looking around in an attempt to spot the aggressors.

Gorguk - at V6 along with the bandit who needed the bathroom, you thwack him one and he crumples to the ground!

Hope you're all OK with my assessment of your starting positions. So, next round: please state action, make necessary rolls and indicate your grid square if moving. I'll resolve on Tuesday if you haven't all posted before then...


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Kressel! We'll give ye and your men one chance to give up. Drop your weapons now, or face the consequences."

Calinder readies an action: He prepares to shoot another crossbow bolt at Kressel if the bandits continue to fight. In case they don't give up: Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 15, Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3, and then reload if needed. In either case, Calinder will stay at X8 and cover Kressel.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

*cry* damnable post monster!

Rhasa faces a dilemma - if the invaders are more bandits, she does not want to fire and give away her position to potentially overwhelming numbers. Her initial shot could be mistaken for an errant shot by someone else long enough for her to escape to Sunset. If the invaders are on the side of good, she does not want to jeopardize their efforts by firing too soon.

I was not interested in taking them alive. Not nearly as satisfying, I think. Oh, well.

She will continue to hide, holding her shot for the moment.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

If the man in the watch tower attacks the invaders, who don't seem to know he's there, she will fire at him again. If the invaders revoke their potential truce, she will fire again. Until then, she waits.

Attack (if necessary) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 +1 within 30'
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1 +1 within 30'

And Ctl-A, Ctl-C this time, fool.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Our resident map genius has provided me with this current locations map, thank you, Rhasa.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

After Gorguk attacked the bandit next to him, did he get to move up to Cal W8 in the previous round? What did the bandits do in the previous round? If I was able to move up to Cal last time, Gorguk will attack any bandits that are adjacent. If Kressel is adjacent or within a 5-step, Gorguk will smite her using power attack. to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 If Kressle, +2 to hit, +3 damage, and +3 AC.

If I couldn't move last time, then I will move up to Cal and hopefully attack from there.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Gorguk, you may be in W8 if you wish. Kressel is nowhere near you, she's indicated by the K in BB12


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

I wasn't sure since the bandits act before I do in the round.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

*bump*


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus considers each of the other men in the camp, quickly decides that Kressel is the biggest threat....

DM

Spoiler:

If I understand evil eye correctly I can target Kressel again this time giving a -2 to AC....

If not I will target another bandit likely the one beside her, once again a -2 to hit

Then it will be cackling to keep the hexes going!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Calinder - yells his challenge and readies his crossbow...

Rhasadilara - is watching and waiting to see what will happen...

Lothar - The bathroom-seeking bandit is out cold, and you have managed to regain your balance. What now?

Barnabus - I'm ruling that the evil eye hex can be cast multiple times on the same target, as the description for some other hexes specifically prohibits such, but not for this one. Lucky Kressle, cackle away! Kressle's save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 (miserable fail...)

Bandits - Kressle is making a full-blown move/charge in a north-westerly direction, yelling obscenities as she goes.

*** so Calinder fires his crossbow, hitting her again. She's still up and her language is getting even worse! ***

Bandits #3 and #4 are following Kressle, swords drawn. The cook is moving towards the watchtower K2, looks like he's going to hide underneath it. Bandit # 5 is looking round wildly.

Bandit #2, on top of watchtower K3, has lifted a longbow and is looking towards Calinder...

*** so Rhasadilara fires at him, but the arrow thuds into the platform on which he is standing...

... and he fires at Calinder, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16, doing 1d8 ⇒ 7 damage!

Gorguk readies to face the advancing bandits.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk will move to Kressel activating his smite on her. By Erastil's wishes, we are here to end your threat in this area.

Power Attack Kressel with smite: to hit1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Apparently Erastil wants Kressel to have another chance at surrendering


Male Human Witch 5

Not to worry she is currently cursed -2 to both Attack and Armor class.....


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa continues her attack on the watcher, but keeps an eye on the bandits on the ground, too, trying to stay out of their sight.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 +1 within 30'
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2 +1 within 30'

I don't recall what the stealth penalty is for sniping, so I'm not including it in my rolls.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar Looked around him, his mind racing as he quickly tried to ascertain the next threat that needed to be dealt with. Kressle's obscenity-laced shout brought his attention to her immediately...but she wasn't the only target that he could see. Standing off to himself looking all kinds of confused was another bandit. The Vudrani magician smiled. He had just found his next target.

He made his way over, his pace quick, careful and considered. Once he stood before his foe, Lothar assumed the basic musti yuddha stance, shifting his left foot forward while turning the right to the side. Completing the stance, his left arm was held out to the front with the hand open even as his right arm was held to the side next to the waist.
If you seek to honor your commitment made by the path you've chosen, then this most humble one will be your opponent.

moves to confront bandit #5, do I need to make an Acrobatics roll to avoid any potential attacks of opportunity while moving?


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)
Barnabus wrote:
Not to worry she is currently cursed -2 to both Attack and Armor class.....

That helps, but when you roll a 3 and a 2 it doesn't matter their armor class your still not going to hit.. Maybe next round....


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder staggers a bit with the blow from the arrow. With his strength waning he mutters the words of an incantation and motions with his hands in front of himself, finally touching himself on the forehead.

Calinder drops his 1st level Magic Weapon spell and casts Cure Light Wounds on himself. Hit points healed: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, nice roll, back to full hit points.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

bump provided


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Barnabus:

Spoiler:
I think you have an action pending.

All:

Spoiler:
Let me know where you want your character on the map if you care. If you (or Megan) don't specify, I'll take my best guess.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

If I can be between Cal and the bandits and adjacent to Kressel then I am happy. Nice healing Cal. I hope we can count on that type of healing the entire time.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus cackles madly as a move action throwing his head back and gesturing manically......


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

All:

Spoiler:
I have assembled a "rough draft" for the DM's approval. Per the descriptions provided, I think Kressel and Co. would be adjacent to Calinder, but I've moved Gorguk to be able to face her directly. I hope it works for everyone. (Figures, I would have the character that's not moving...)

Lothar:

Spoiler:
Lothar, I think if you come straight 'south' on the map and circumvent the tree trunk (hidden below the foliage) that you will be able to come up to #5 without passing any of the other bandits. No Acrobatics required, as far as I can tell.

201 to 250 of 4,414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.